All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:48 pm 

Blog: View Blog (3)

For all the week that he stayed in cat form, it had been rough. He wanted to be human. Yet he understood something. If he didn't, they'd want to talk with him as he healed. He wasn't fully ready to speak of anything. Even letting out sound hurt somewhat still. Every day was a game. A fun take to have as he played out with the aid of the sweet girl. Yet to final day his playful manner stopped a bit. It was time to be human? He was a bit joyed to be human again.

His eyes looked up at her, listening before nodding at her. He padded to the clothes and wiggled under them. Once they were on his back he moved to find somewhere he could shift and dress. Out of her sight he wiggled them off his back then unsheathed his claws. His back arched and he bit back an agrivated cry of pain. No sound came save for a simple sneeze. His skin changed and so did his form. Stretching and pressing. Pushing out to the form he was in reality. His skin was pale, yet much healthier than he had been. His hair a dark chocolate color grabbed down past his face a bit. Scars littered him like flakes of dust. His face even held a soft shadow of facial hair, which he'd most likely remove later on. He pushed up and undressed then dressed into the clothes she gave him.

They nearly fit him to a "tee", somewhat tight yet not. He took what was left of what he once wore and tore a seam. Using it to tie his shoulder length hair back he stood. A soft wobbled before his eyes looked to the room. For days he pretended he was just a lost cub. Now, he could show himself. The male walked out to Kate, looking to her he spoke softly, "My name is Ra'nek."

If you ever need me and can't really reach me here my discord is this: Fuming Saturn Sun#5565

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:30 am 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Kate, at last, saw him in his human form again. His wounds pink from healing. Kate held his hands. His wrists were circles of pale pink. His eyes hughes of light bruising. His cheeks were less gaunt and filled out. His figure thin as he was gaining more weight. He was no longer as frail. He had more facial hair and his hair was no longer dull.

The mage teen took a deep breath as he appeared. She looked at his face and smiled widely,"I am so happy to see you again Ra'nek as human. I feel like am meeting you for the first time. You look so much better. You will get used to your legs."

Kate rushed to his side and held his waist, "At last I can hear your voice. You have a strong name, Ra'nek. Hold onto me. Would you like to go outside? You must be sick of the tent. I will keep you in the shade."

She looked at his form and picked at his garment at his sternum, "The clothes fit. I will take you shopping as soon as I get permission to leave. We are only a few days ride from my home. You can speak freely around me. Most of the time."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:29 pm 

His body, achey and sore. As he had been a panther most of the week, his form wasn't used to moving. Every stepped was a struggle of the will as he looked to her. Being held and helped was nice. Looking out to the exit he contemplated his options. A soft gunt escaped him as he nodded, "I'd love to go outside for a bit, and take in the breeze." He said softly as he shuffled on his feet.

Walking with her to the outside, hoping she stayed close at least. The light was blinding. He squinted as he looked for some shade, "I don't mind keeping quiet. Most of what I remember, is I grew up on a farm in a land of warriors... Don't know much right now..." He sighed and soon found a place to sit. Inching down he sat on the ground, "What will I be doing... Now that I am free?"

If you ever need me and can't really reach me here my discord is this: Fuming Saturn Sun#5565

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:32 pm 

Kate sat beside him under an oak tree. She brushed a lock of hair out of his right eye, "It will take a while to adjust. You have done enough. No duties for a while. You earned a holiday."
She held his hand, "You are going to take it easy and have fun. You tell me what things have you wanted to do and were not allowed. What foods you like to eat or try. What choices have been forbidden? Now you are able to do and learn what you want. This can be overwhelming and emotionally challenging. How long have you been in captivity?"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:56 am 

Just the air, pushed and danced about him, filling his lungs with the freshness of life. Each breath was no longer a threat of being the last bit of free breeze. Sure... He could have enjoyed it over the week, but... Now, now he felt as if it truly had meaning to his life now. That he could live on. As he sat there, letting the wind play with the few strands that slung free of the ponytail, he watched the birds fly by. Each flap of the wings made him think of home. Back to the farm... How long had it been? He couldn't remember the year count... How many winters... Ra'nek closed his eyes. Listening to the sounds before speaking, "Ten winters.... I couldn't count the days... Without them knowing..."

His head went back, into the tree he opened his eyes, "I was just... A farm child when I was taken... I barely remember... I grew up as a fighter for those... Monsters..." He looked to her, "I was a child... Just a small eight year old..." He didn't know what to truly tell her, "I..." The male pulled his legs up, "I... Just don't know much besides what I was forced to know from growing up as a slave... And a fighter for her... Pleasure...."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:17 pm 

The tree stood to the backside of the tent. No one could pass them. When he drew up his knees and bent his head down. She placed her arm over on his and rubbed his shoulder, her manna filled his body slowly. When he looked at her face she did not stare into his eyes or touch the back of his neck. His voice trailed she heard the sadness in his voice, "You were eight? Ra'kan, You have been living a nightmare. From this day forward you will replace bad memories with good. I want you to be happy, laugh, and smile. I can't promise you will be happy every moment. I promise you will never fight for sport. I will pamper you. Your body will never know physical punishment or a harsh touch. I will never harm you. You may ask me anything without being hit or ridiculed. Your past is yours. You do not have to talk about your past. Only tell me what you want me to know. Ra'ken, I will not pry. I never lie or gossip. I will break protocol if I can get away with it. I will teach you the customs of my people. I am a nobleman's daughter. My father is a kind and just man. He has more in common with you than you think. You need not fear him or anyone I introduce you to. You live with me and will wear the clothes of a nobleman. The material and colors will be your choice. I will not treat you as a slave. You are my friend and will be treated as one. I never owned a slave. I have seen how they are treated. It disgusts me."

Kate looked at a twig and drew scribbles in the dirt. The drawing helped stave off his balling until she finished talking to him.
"I fear my father's wrath and obey him because he is lord of the shire. He will request to meet you and discuss your future. I want us to leave tomorrow. I am giving you time to adjust to your new home before he and Jon arrive. You will see guards but they are for protection. You are not a prisoner or servant. I am not of age and only Papa can give you legal citizenship. You began life as a farmer's son and that is a heritage to be proud of."

Kate's voice softened. When he looked at her she looked at his face,
"Ra'ken this is a new start and new beginning. What you were and what you have done no longer defines you. What talents you inherited and traits make who you are. What matters is in your heart. He is hidden right now and in time we will discover who that boy is. He has been walled a long time for your survival. Nothing you have done is your fault. You survived, no shame in that."

She saw tears pool in his eyes. The spell only lasted long enough for her to talk. Kate smoothed his hair in the back of his head. His shoulders shook and chin quivered. He was fighting not to cry.

"Let your emotions out. It is alright to hold onto me. Your safe now. The nightmare is over. Healing will take time. I will be patient. You need to be the same with yourself. You have much to unlearn and learn."

She stretched out her legs and leaned against the tree. Kate knew all was a lot for him to take in. She saw him as the adorable cub inside the shell of a man. Learning to be free would not be easy. Kate wrapped her arms around him. She kept overlooking his form as non-threating as possible she spoke. She loved it when he looked at her face she knew slaves were conditioned not to. Kate kept a light touch as she toyed with his hair and stroked his arm. She knew he hid his face. If he was crying he hid it. Or tried to. She let him save face and if he wanted to hug she hugged him back. The mage was not sure if his back was completely healed and avoided rubbing it.

She saw the company fall into formation as they were getting ready for food. She patted Ra'kan's arm and gave him a handkerchief from her mage robe pocket. "Stay here cry if you need to. Never stifle your emotions. Best to let them out. I am going to get us some mid-day meal. After we eat, you can help me pack."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:35 pm 

It had really been a long journey for the male; from fighting for his life... To slavery under the men of Moss toned skin. There was so much... So much pain and suffering. Why was he alive? Why did he still live after all that anguish? Every memory was a thorn covering the resting place of the once strong willed male. The joy was gone... It was all grey. The color would take time to paint itself but for now... He had one bit of color on the grave of his past. A single flower in the light of the dead flowers. Hoping to blossom next to a black rose. The very rose of a memory that was made when his other half became a reality.

His mind was stricken as all he wanted to do was cry, build up to the explosion of tears. Weep for all the loss and pain he had suffered. The cub form had been a biproduct of his childhood being forced from him. Being ripped apart from the truth he once had. Before it all. His heart arched as her manna pushed into his soul making the tears flow over his cheeks in a slow movement. As he listened the tears broke through the veil of the warrior. Lifting his hands, Ra'nek hid his face as he cried with his soul. Crying as he let it all out.

His chest hurt as he cried it all out. Chittering sobs crept from his form as he just let go. She was right. He'd learn but he was glad he was safe. Once he had cried till he could no longer he looked up to the sky and thanked the heavens for the blessing he was given after so long.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:10 am 

Kate's heart sank as he sobbed his whole being shook. The mage knew Ra'nek's soul was in darkness and the walls he built were heavy. The feeling of being safe to hold onto hope to life. His childhood gone. Scars upon scars his heart and soul would not heal overnight. She gave him sanctuary under the tree. His cries she heard and let him release. She never let go of his arm or head until he reached for the heavens. An answer to prayers, hope, desire to be free. Tears of her own in happiness she wiped from her face.

This day he would never forget. She was witness to heart's desire. When he looked at her she gave him a big smile and held her arms to him. No words could express this moment. His gesture spoke volumes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:29 am 

His wish, long had been unheard. Long had it been that he sat under the tent of pain and agony. Abused for his own bloodline. He barely could remember the farmlands. The people he called mother and father. All it was to him, was a blood stained memory. Moving his gaze caught onto Kate. Her arms outstretched. All in that moment he remembered a soft embrace that made him move and hug her. As if the child far gone had come back to give one last effort. Hugging her. His eyes closed as he spoke to her softly, "Thank you... For everything Kate..." He moved. Letting go of the girl.

His eyes stayed closed. Shunning himself mentally. Unconsciously. For nearly a decade he fought and had been beaten into not showing affection. Showing it... After so long hurt. Though his gaze caught onto her once again, this time a bit rougher, "Kate... Only you can understand and know... If I'm ever mean of shut off... Against the personality of someone who's Battle hardened and silent - it's someone called Talon. It's the name of the panther side but... Sometimes I can't be myself... Sometimes the rougher mean side is him. Only by the gaze of darkness... Will you know who is there."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:15 am 

"Always Ra'Neck. I will learn both of you. Talen will know I mean no harm. In time you will rely on him less and less. Talon is your protective self. He knows me as a cub. He will remember my scent. I will do my best not to put you under duress where he has to come out. If you are lost and he comes out, I will be gentle and not show fear. Talon will be my protector while you sleep. I will help keep the nightmares at bay for you. You both need deep sleep. You will not harm in both your forms. One day I will have both of your protection. Until you know the rest of the family, stay in my room at night. I will not allow anyone to provoke you. I will keep Talon calm and protected. He will never be forced to fight. He needs his freedom to run and hunt. I will show him his territory. You will be limited to where you can go too. I do not want the guards to antagonize or threaten you or Talen. I will be at your side in town. I will make sure no one threatens you. Anyone threatens me you do not engage. I want to meet Talon first. I need to know what commands he understands and in what language."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:54 pm 

The male looked to the young mage. His eyes ached from sobbing but he finally let it all flow. Nothing left to hide. To be honest he hoped, someday Talon would be laid to rest- that hed be the only one left to be seen and heard. Though he moved a bit and looked away, "Hes a basic fighter. Just knows how to fight and thats it... hates listening mostly." his eyes looked to his hands, "I'll try to keep away from the guards... after what I've been through- I have trust issues..." he said softly before his stomach let off a soft rumble.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:00 pm 

Kate hugged him as long as he wanted. Then stood up when his stomach growled as did hers. She extended her arm to help him stand. Soldiers formed in formation for the mid-day meal in a long line separate from the mages. Kate skirted the men in uniform. She noticed her father before his troops and he looked over at her. Late she would have to tell him about Ra'ken.

When she out of her father's sight, she held Ra'kens right arm with both her hands, "We will go to the mages mess tent. We will stand in line get our plates and food. Then we will sit away from the others. I like to sit by the brook. It is a quiet place away from camp. I do not think anyone else had found it. You want to rest after your meal. This morning has been emotionally draining. You are in a delicate state mentally. My father never TRUST anyone. You may too for life. Making friends is not easy. I will slowly introduce you to mine. Do not worry it will be months before you have to meet any of my friends."

Kate picked at his sleeve as she led him to the other side of camp into a line of mages. The smell of fresh fish, boiled potatoes, sourdough bread, and fresh cream butter wafted in the air. She handed him a pewter plate. "You feel nervous take a deep breath. Look at the food. Point to what you want. You do not have to speak."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:13 am 

Ra'nek was starving, being on a regular food schedule was interesting and to be honest- well done. It was a perfect benefit for him. As he got up he looked to the line as they passed. The guards made him look away. Constant images of the men he once fought... The noble men he killed out of fear... The ones that came and hurt him. He dared not look at them. Soon as he could, he stopped and looked to the mage. His eyes filled with concern and worry as she held his arm. She was right... He didn't trust anyone. Well maybe not that- he could trust her just a little. After all... She saw his vulnerable side... The panther cub.

Ra'nek looked to the tent, "After I eat- I'd love some sleep... After weeping... I'm drained." He then followed her in as the sultry scents began to dance and skirt their wat into his nostrils. His hunger rose with each smell. Never once did he lifted his head as he was handed the plate of pewter. He nodded to her and followed the girl. Following the line. Each step... Walking closer looking to the food he licked his lips a bit. So much delicious choices.

He pointed to the fish and the bread, a staple he was used and enjoyed. As he looked to the fish he could hear faint laughter in his subconscious and a woman's voice... Muffled and hard to hear. Maybe that's why he enjoyed it? Maybe it was a treat from his past? Shaking his head he held the plate in one hand as his head began to hurt a bit. Even at a far off trait in his memory... It made him feel a bit safer as he waited to collect the food. Hoping to see the brook soon.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:49 pm 

After they gathered food and a mug of tea, Kate led them to a log that overlooked a small stream. In the stream were small crayfish, turtles, and green frogs. Birds chirped and caddydids filled the trees. He was peaceful and did not show any signs of battle. The mage could tell Ra'nek was in pain. After the emotional morning and hunger. The heat of mid-day did not help. She ate her fish without manners.

"Home we have catfish and stags. I love our home. You and Talon will be free to roam and hunt. You must have questions. Ask me anytime."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:22 pm 

Ra'nek growled hungrily as he came to the brook and sat down. Fish in hand he tore into it like a starving beast. Purring as he enjoyed the flavor. Not many people had been so kind. So generous. This girl was a saint. Ra'nek ripped into his food with a smile. Though he had no idea he was. Purring he looked to her and wiped his mouth, "Thanks... This is delicious. Normally I had just scraps... Till you took care of me. "He smiled. Taking the bread he nibbled it. The warmth of the food felt good on his belly.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:31 pm 

Kate let him eat without interruption, "You are so welcome. Drink the tea. It will settle your stomach. Your body will adjust to regular meals. Do not worry about gaining weight. You will get your muscles back. Ann's cooking you will enjoy. I will not let you be lazy. You will get plenty of exercise and fresh air. For the rest of the year, you will have no forced duties. You will be asked to help and you can say no. Go ahead say it. No."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:44 am 

The young man took the tea and drank it slow. Letting the soothing warmth trail trough his body, he let off a purr of joy. This was so tasty! Yet he looked to her and blinked a bit. Gain weight? Hell he had a hard time gaining fat! They tried to do that years ago but everything he ate never made him fat. Though... It was due to they never really let him eat much and he was always active. This new life... He'd gain a little bit, "I'd rather work... I'm so used to it... If I can help here and there... I'd be happy... But you're right... Work will follow later." He said before he blinked. No? What was this? He looked to her, "N-no?" He questioned but then blinked. That was fun! Again! Again! He grinned widely, "No!" This word would become a favorite of his, "I like this word... No."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:31 am 

"Feels good to say no. Around me, you can say no and I will not get angry. You can not say it as often as you like to others. Especially my father or the King. Ra'ken, your adjustment is going to be easier. You are willing to try new things. This that is good. I want you to be happy and have fun. You would get bored not working a little. Would you like to learn how to read and write common and the cat-folk have a written language? I am not fluent in Felin-merrow we can learn together. My father has shelves of books written to study languages of Terra-Firma. These you may study. Very few things are forbidden now."

Kate finished her food and looked at his plate. "Would you like a honey cake or chocolate cookie or both? The kitchen cook keeps them in a jar. No one is around the ovens at feeding time."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:32 am 

Ra'ken looked to her, he really liked the word. It was something he deeply wished he could have been allowed to say over the years. Though hearing he would learn to read and write excited him. He could count and read a few things but nothing outstanding. Mostly just terms for when he once worked for the orcs, "I'd love to learn. I can count and read some but most of it was self learned... So I wouldn't screw up orders from the orcs." He said softly. He moved and began to wash the plate in the brook. Rather absentmindedly, "What's a cookie... And cake?"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:26 am 

Kate saw him washing his plate and joined him. "I do things for myself at home. Papa does not me doing magic in the house. The mage school prohibits students from it. You have been denied, cookies and sweets. Come, you can have three of each. One for now and the rest for later. Have you tasted chocolate candies?"

She stood up grasped his hand and walked to the camp kitchen. It was empty of people. She led him to a corner table of red napkins, sweets on a pewter platter and large ceramic She grabbed to cloth napkins and filled them with honey cakes that looked like oval buns. She placed three cookies and three buns on two napkins. "Back home I will take to the town bakery. Heavenly Treats."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next