All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:54 pm 

Blog: View Blog (3)

"Magic? I don't know much of it... But I don't think it would be good if you did magic all the time... You'd never know how to work..." He said mostly to himself. He stood and went with her to the kitchen. Walking with her and looked around. He watched he take the sweets then lifted his eyes to her, "That sounds fun!" He grinned. Though Ra'ken sighed a bit, "I don't know how I'd do with crowds."

If you ever need me and can't really reach me here my discord is this: Fuming Saturn Sun#5565

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:39 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

"No worries. I will keep you from crowds. I will make a private appointment to get you clothes. The bakery we will go after lunch. We will have lunch at my favorie inn and tavern. The Boar's Tusk. Tell me what foods you like. Or want to try. I will see that you have a very good meal."

Kate handed him a napkin full of treats. "This is how your life will be. Good food. Fresh air. Lots of friendship."

Kate led him out and kept between him and the soldiers and mages. She stopped were a blue tent stood with an awning staked in front. "This is my tent. Make yourself comfortable and sleep on either cot. I keep one for company. Usually, a new mage not used to camp."
Now we both can rest in my tent. We will leave in the morning as soon as you awake."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:49 pm 

Crouds.... he hated them a lot. Mostly because that... witch would chain him up when as a panther... and allow him to be pet or kicked. Too many hands. Though there was some annoyance, "I can barely remember the names of the foods... I will try anything." he said with a snort. Taking the treats he nibbled one. Keeping eye contact away from the ones around them as they went and soon fond a spot to sit. Crossign his legs he began to eat the tasty sweets. Purring a bit before he rubbed his arm. Looking about half scared. A noise made him allert and he growled a bit before eating the last bit of goodies.

If you ever need me and can't really reach me here my discord is this: Fuming Saturn Sun#5565

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:49 am 

Kate glanced at him as she ate her Honey Cake. His eyes and head never stopped moving. He flinched at every loud sound and voices. He was terrified if anyone was in talking distance. What Malora did to the kid. He feared mages and soldiers. The young man was a bundle of nerves. He breathed easier and was more relaxed in the privacy of her tent. She scooted her cot closer to his. She draped a light blanket over him. She sat on her cot and smoothed his hair. The mage sang the songs when he was a cub. It was not long before his eyelids closed.

He awoke for meals and if anyone came close he moved closer to Kate. At dinner, a mage friend was next to Kate and she looked for Ra'nek. He was under the table shaking. Kake felt terrible, "Come out she's gone. I will take you to the brook."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:01 am 

It was time for sleep but even soon that time went away. He was scared of things... scared. Roughed. It was during the time dinner came that he finally shut down. Hiding under the table rocking himself. Whimpering like a child... when his eyes opened and had a much... darker look. As Kate looked under the table he was gone. Rushed from the tent under silence. Standing now, by the brook. A stone, flat and smooth in his hand as he stood watching the water. Eyes half lidded as the gentle winds flowed trhough him. Skipping the stones as he kept silent. Kate probably wondered where they were...

"In the winds time flows
off the shore in the distance
riding high upon the wings
gliding over the seas

breath of wind
breath of wind

sail me over the seas
sail me through the skies

breath of wind
breath of wind

In the winds time flows
off the shore in the distance
riding high upon the wings
gliding over the seas"

a soft song seemed to be muttered as he stood there skipping stones. Humming to himself the rest of the bars. The night was rather calming here.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:21 am 

Kate thought he would be at the brook. A song was carried by the breeze as the young man appeared to be skipping stones. He looked to be comfortable out by the water's edge. Kate saw that Ra' was in a peaceful state she could not disturb him for several moments. "Ra do hear that song on the wind? Is that your Windsong? Is this what you do when your scare?"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:34 am 

Skipping the stones the male continued to hum every-so-often repeating the previous verses before casting a glance at her. His eyes shut as he turned to her, "It was once sung by a priestess long past in the town where he grew up." he said softly, "Sung over him during a time he was very ill. Its kept us both alive."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:00 am 

Kate stood beside him, "I would like to know more about your village. Please tell me. You were sick. What happened to you? I love this song. I play the lute and piano forte. Will you teach me the songs?"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:20 pm 

Talon, as he was now, looked to Kate. His eyes showed hardly any emotion, "It was a crop sickness. Least that is what the elders said. We came from a village in the mountains where men and women are considered 'barbaric' as ours was a tribe. From farmers to warriors- we were all equal. This was a second generation from a tribe that once was burned down by the Great Fire Badger king to keep an illness from reaching the world.... Mine hailed from his bloodline. Ra'ken does not remember most of the history but I do." he turned and moved. Sitting on a stone as he looked to her, "His name- Ra'ken or Ra'nek is hailed from the legend itself. Of a great king who fought long wars to preserve lands beyond his own country while fighting against his own enslavement for a deed his elders asked of him."

Moving a bit he looked to the water, "When we got sick it was kinda like a very deadly hay feever thanks to some farmer who disturbed holy land on accident.... we got over it due to a priestess. The song was a song of healing though what I sing is the part of calming." his eyes cast up to the sky, "I don't know many songs- just a few that has helped over the years."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:18 pm 

Kate slowly approached him and held out a closed fist. "You remember me otherwise you would not tell me your history. Truly, Talon, I am sorry for your loss and circumstances. I, my father has land you may hunt. It is human, anthro, elven, free. There are stags, boars, and game people can share. I will show you a safe boundary. You go into the main road your liable to be killed. I forbid you to cross the fence into the horse pasture. There is plenty of fish at the 500-acre lake. I would as you stay close to me if people are nearby the lake. Keep to the treeline, please."

Kate thought she was talking to the most majestic creature she had ever seen. Quite a large cat. He was no pet and far different from the cub she held. He had dull fur and patches of missing fur.

"Talon, did Malora use you to fight in the arena more then Ra'ken? Why is Ra'ken scared of people? Are you afraid as he is?"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:04 am 

It was after he had finished talking did he take the panther form. Majestic and large. Much bigger than Ra'ken was. To be honest, this was him. The real him deep down. It was hard to tell who was the main personality that was in him. Ra'ken or Talon. His eyes were actually grey, a silver gaze. Normally he held color but... Not when the truth was there. His body learned to hide the fact he was actually partially blind. As the hand inched slow to his face he squinted but sniffed the hand. Moving and nipped her lightly. Showing the trust. His tail curled around his body as he listened. In taking the information about a nice land to hunt. Sure he had this form but it was a blessing.

Most of his family had been human save for his mother. Hearing the name of Malora he growled and jumped off the rock. Claws out as he paced the grassy bank, "She never met the child minded lad. the hidden reality. You see- ra'ken is the child deep down that was ripped from his parents who never grew up. Never got to play- I was the one who did. I became a man. I grew but he stayed hidden in the subconscious unless drugged for her fun and games
Due to my nature of wanting to fight or kill my way out of that hell- I was used a lot to fight. " He squinted and looked to some reeds. Taking his claw he cut down the plant and turned to her, "I was the animal that fought - he was the human. Once he realizes it's time to be a man and that life is better now, we both will become one solid soul." He snarled and paced. Only once bumping into a rock.

"I am not afraid. I'm ready to die. I know death is a part of life. Being around... Without family and watching men and woman die at my claws... tearing the men who hurt me apart-" he hissed but paused as he laid down, "Kate... We're broken. Abused. Scared.... All of our lives we killed or slaved for nobles... I don't need to tell the entirety to have you know there are things we want to forget. One day... When the time comes.... I'll go away and he will be Ra'ken Talon once again. He'll grow into a warrior or even a gaurdian - I don't want to be around forever, not when it's his life. He's the gentle one... I'm the battle torn. One day both of us will be one. The same man you know but depending down he'll be less skittish... " Talon looked a bit sad, "ai know I'm a grown panther but... Even I can't exist long when it's not my world."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:34 pm 

Kate saw the hurt and anger in his actions. "One day you and Ra'ken will be at peace. I have you both as my guardians and I am yours. I have a home you can heal. Stay as close to me as you like. You can stay in my room. Know you are not a pet. If you need affection I freely give it. You know your safe that is good. I will not allow anyone to harm you. I will make sure everyone around the manor knows you and Ra'ken. When was the last time you had a full tummy? What is your favorite food?"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:10 am 

Talon moved closer to her and sniffed the dirt. Trying to find bearing about himself before nuzzling the girl, "I am no pet, nor is Raken..." Squinting he whimpered a bit, "About breakfast time.... Also... I'll be with you for some time... He's still too scared- can you hold my scruff when we go back?" He lifted his head, "I'm somewhat blind.... Well we are. He's just better at faking he can see." He then thought a moment , "Fish!"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:10 pm 

Kate hugged him, "Are you blind in both forms? Is this due to injury? How is best to approach you? I want to be able to give you hugs and pats. I give a great kitty massage. My pet cat purrs when I give her massages. Do not worry. I will wait until you healed before giving you rubs. Are you in pain right now? I do not want you uncomfortable as you swim."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:34 pm 

Talon looked to her and moved his form to her. Nuzzling his head softly on her leg, "Just slowly, and tell me who you are. Once I'm used to your scent more you can come closer." He nuzzled her leg more, "I am just not as bad as a human. It happened while in cat form..." He sighed a bit, "Don't know what hit me." Squinting a bit he purred, "Back hurts."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:04 am 

Kate was a little concerned that Tallon did not know her. "In your cub for, Tallon was that you?" Kate stayed still, "You may come sniff me. Learn my scent. I am part human and part fox. My ancestors have a long story about how we came to be. Dragons and elves are involved. I am no demon and you will come to know I will not hurt you."

Kate sat before him on the ground. "I am a mage, not a witch. I am a healer and use energy called mana to ease pain and close wounds. I am going to a special school so I can completely heal people and animals. When you are ready to lie down and I will ease you back. I will need to barely touch you. Offer your paw, please."

When he sniffed her nose to nose she did not move. She did not look into his eyes.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:28 am 

He couldn't place her scent, he was tired and cranky. All of the above feelings made it hard to focus. Shaking his head he sighed, "I don't know. I was hit hard long ago.... It did a lot of damage." He said sadly before moving and sniffed her hand. In taking her scent before putting a paw on her lap. Claws sheathed as he spoke, "we won't ever call you a witch. You're too sweet. " He laid on the ground by her. Eyes shutting as he purred a little, "if you ever need protection. Well jump in to help. No matter what."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:00 am 

Kate placed both her hand on his paw and ruffled his fur. She warmed his paw with the energy she released from her palm. "You will feel better in a moment. I cannot wait to go into town with you. No one will bother me with a full grown panther. She saw a tribal tattoo. "Do you know what your marking mean?" The mage was excited. The important members of a tribe had picture marks. "What do you know of your ancestors?"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:19 pm 

Talon purred as he relaxed. Laying there in the grass. Purring more as he felt her hand take the large paw in hand. He chuckled a bit. It would be fun to go into town as his panther form. Especially since he would be "tame" and at her side. Though the marking made him blink. What.... It took a moment but he twitched his tail. It was over his shoulder and covered some of his shoulder plate on his back. It was old, obviously somewhat destroyed due to scars but still held it's form. He had forgotten it.

Lifting his head he spoke, "It was placed on my skin as a kid by magic. It never really became part of my flesh till I hit my early teens. I was the son of one of the higher Warriors of my clan. I would take up being a warrior when I grew up...." Moving he stood on all four paws, "The mark has my family name and the tribe I came from... As for my ancestors I don't know much besides the legend of how my tribe was reformed by a fire badger."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:18 pm 

Kate was curious about ancestors and rituals. She was happy seeing Talon content. He mentioned his tribe. She held paw until he stood up, "Talon, I would like to learn more. Would you like to find out more about your ancestors? My father has books on nearly every tribe of everyone on TerraFirma. Come and rest in my tent. Tonight you may hunt."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next