All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:14 am 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

It was a sunny summer afternoon. Kate Lyons exited the Royal Mage Guild University in Seville. Seville was the port city and housed the palatial home of King Atrious. The Univerity let the students out for the summer. Kate Lyons exited through the mahogany double door and removed her mage robe. She descended the Guild Castle stairs and shaded her eyes.

Kate chose to walk to the market district rather take a cab. She usually carried a thick black leather bag of holding inside her blouse but it was too uncomfortable. The bag of holding dangled from her hand as she strolled to the fruit stand. She stepped up to a bin of red apples. The mage student picked up one and held it to her nose, then inhaled its fresh aroma.

"You picked these this morning. I will take two, please."

She spoke to the lady selling fruit. Kate pulled out a leather pouch and handed the lady four copper coins.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:26 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

Location: This is not the location you are looking for. Move along!
Medals: 6
GM of the Month (1) Completed RP (1)
Dedicated Partner (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Darien looked over the people walking in the market. His trained eyes told him who had money, and who was too poor to steal from. seeing a young girl, noting that she was carrying a leather bag of some sort told him she did well enough to be carrying money. "Bingo." he smirked.

He was a bit under the weather and hadn't eaten for a few days. his stomach gave this away and he frowned. "Maybe I can pocket an apple too..." he thought to himself as he rubbed his stomach. He began hobbling along and when he was two feet from the fruit stand he expertly faked a fall that had him crashing into the girl and grabbing an apple. What she didn't know was at the exact moment he ran into her, he stole a few gold coins from her and pocketed them. The two hit the ground and in one fluid motion he hid the apple and the coins. "Oh dear... how clumsy of me!" he muttered, standing up. "I apologize ma'am, I... I uhhh..." he stammered as he realized she was quite pleasing on the eyes.

Shoulder Demon: (Looking at controls of train) "Let's see how many times we can wreck this thing before we're all dead."

Shoulder Angel: "Are you crazy?!?!?! you'll get us all killed!!!!!!"

Shoulder Demon: "That's the idea, Moron!"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:53 pm 

Kate was pinned to the bin and the fruit vendor stood with her mouth agasp, "Hey! Where's my money?"

Kate grabbed his tattered shirt and broke his fall,"You are coming with me. Keep the coins."

The mage was glad the bag was magically bound to her and he only held four copper coins. She stomped her foot on his as she pushed him to a standing position. She removed four more copper coins; reached over the apple bin; and dropped them in the woman's palm.

Kate's leg prevented him from escaping, "You are not going anywhere. No apology needed. You are coming with me. Save the apple for later. You look like you have been traveling for days. That shirt your wearing...either you stole it from the King's guard or you are one and lost your coat. Either way, you will be glad you ran into me and no other. You lie to me and you will be wearing a rat's tail for a week. What's your story, Handsome?"

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:32 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

Darien was quite taken aback at this turn of events. Not only was she holding him in place with her foot(which was quite painful by the way), but she was also allowing him to keep the coins and apple that by all rights she shouldn't have noticed were missing. A rat's tail for a week? She must be some sort of witch. Wait... did she just call him handsome?

"Uhhh... Look, I was just really hungry, okay? I haven't had a decent meal in three days. As for the shirt, yeah, I stole it, so what! It's not like the King's guard needs it! They've already got millions of these." He frowned as he struggled to get away. Even if she did think he was handsome, he wasn't about to just go with her to wherever she wanted to take him. For all he knew she would report him to the authorities and he'd be in jail soon!

Shoulder Demon: (Looking at controls of train) "Let's see how many times we can wreck this thing before we're all dead."

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:51 pm 

Kate moved her leg away from his and released his shirt, "Be glad I am not calling the guard. You are quite safe. She extended her hand towards him, "I am Mage Kate. I will see you get a hot meal, and place to stay the night. I promise no mage stuff. Heidie's place is called the Boar's Tusk Inn. We will enter the back and then get you a room. I am hungry and headed that way. I do not like eating alone. Would you accompany me?"

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:36 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

Darien was confused to say the least. So she legitimately wanted to help him? He didn't trust himself to speak, so he nodded and followed where she led. problem was he had been to the Boar's Tusk before, and had a bad reputation for a tactic called "eat and run" there. He doubted Heidie would willingly give him a meal unless he paid for his previous misadventures to her establishment. Knowing he would need to explain this, he opened his mouth to speak before he heard Heidie's voice call out, "Kate? Why are you with THIS lowlife? He owes me three meals worth of money. somehow he keeps leaving without paying when I am busy!"

Darien hung his head low and muttered, "Poor people don't exactly have a choice you know? I said I'd pay you when I got a job!"

Heidie frowned. "Whatever! just don't do it again, and if you pay me this time I guess I can let it slide. But just this once."

Darien looked to see what Kate's reaction was to learning he had stolen meals here before.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:18 pm 

Kate swallowed hard and looked from one to the other, "Heidi. I found this man. He is with me now. I will settle this and speak to him. He is my guest and he will be staying for the night. Put his bill on my tab. He will be free and clear."

Heidie scowled, "How long must we endure this riff-raff?"

Kate shrugged, "As long as it takes. I have not heard a word about the battle. I hope the mages send word soon. Take a seat, Handsome, by the back wall. Better you be in shadow. Heidie, what is your soup and special of the day?"

Heidie sighed, "Kate, hope he is the only handsome stray you take in. The soup is vegetable beef and the special is baked flounder with wild rice."

Kate sat across from the young man and faced the front entrance. She looked up at the waitress, "We will both have the special with tossed salad and breadsticks. Bring an appetizer of loaded potato skins and fresh fruit. I would like a loaf of bread, brie, and fruit brought to his room. We will both have mugs of cold spiced apple cider. Thank you."

Last edited by LadyKate43 on Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:38 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

"My name? It's Damien R. Hermes. Why are you being so nice to me?" He asked. when he got no answer, he frowned. "You aren't gonna answer until I tell you what you want to know, are you?"

Taking a deep breath, he stalled by letting it out slowly. So slowly in fact, that the food was given to them as he finally stopped breathing. "Thank you!" he thanked the waitress before tearing into his meal, showcasing just how long it had been since his last meal. "My story?" Damien asked, mouth full of food, "I'm just a thief. What else is there to tell? I steal to live and live to steal. What more do you need to know?" He took a long drink of the apple cider provided. "So, Kate was it? I don't know why you decided to help me, but far be it from me to refuse help from someone as cute as yo- I uhhh... I mean... I just... I didn't... well f**k." he stammered turning redder by the second.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:41 pm 

Kate did not stare or say a word to him. When he stammered over his words and cheeks redden she looked at him, "Hey, watch your language. I have never met a thief by profession. You find me pretty. This is a day of firsts. Only my fathers says that to my face. It is nice to meet you, Damien R. Hermes. At least you are honest. What kind of work do you think you want?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:56 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

"honestly?... I fancy myself as a Jack of All Trades. Easier to steal if one person thinks you're a farmhand and another thinks you are a street performer. But why do you want to know?" Damien asked. "I don't even know your name, but I call you cute and you suddenly want to know if I have a job preference? Seems a little weird to me!" He took another long gulp of cider. When he put the mug down it was empty, and he finished off the rest of his food in record time.

"Seriously, thanks, but I don't intend to stay here long... we're being stared at. and not in a good way!" he said to Kate.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:37 pm 

Kate looked at her food, "Ignore the stares. People are not used to seeing me without my brother. I am sick of him shadowing me. I can take care of myself. The reason I asked is you can make an honest wage being dishonest. My father needs to keep tabs on his enemies and you are just the sort he hires. Think about it. A steady income for being as you are. Meet me at the market in the trades district I sell herbs, enchantments, and healing potions. Who knows might change your situation?"

Kate finished and wiped her mouth with a napkin, "Seek me out you need anything. Steal in town will get you lashed or worse. I like you Damien and do not want you caged. Stay the night and either leave or get honest. Leave the good folks alone. Most are former slaves and should keep all they earn. Have a good life."

She left a gold piece on the table then headed out and stopped to speak to Heidi before leaving. She headed down the street and stepped in the bakery.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:22 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

Damien blinked a few times in amazement. Stealing... legally? Well not legally, but at least getting paid to do so? He got up and went to his room, apologizing to Heidi on the way up for his antics in the past, and promising to himself to come back here and give an enormous tip to make up for it.

Lying in bed, he stared at the ceiling in thought. A job! He found a job! AND with a cute girl? This couldn't get any better! His last thought before falling asleep was that he would definitely take the job. All he had to do was find her again...

Zzzz...
zzzz...
zzzz...

"HOLY CRAP I OVERSLEPT!" Damien shouted as his eyes flew open. Jumping out of bed he ran downstairs and out the Inn door, shouting "Thanks Heidi, next time I am here I promise I will pay TRIPLE!"

Running to the trades district, he looked around furiously for the girl he met yesterday. "KATE?" He shouted. Turning around, he realized he was standing directly next to her.

"Oh, um, hi... I accept the offer if it is still available?" he said sheepishly. Now that he got a good look at her he realized she was even cuter in broad daylight. There was another man there, perhaps her father or brother? This would be trouble or luck depending on which one it turned out to be...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:01 am 

Kate was helping a customer getting herbs for a toothache and lame horse. Then her father showed up after seeing to business at the town keep. The mage turned to the sound of her voice picking a jar of salve. "Oh. Hello. Glad you could make it."

The man looked at the lad. "You the lad causing trouble in the shire?"

Kate squinted her lips and cheeks, "Go easy on him. Papa, he is not a bad sort. Just misguided. I think he can help you."

Lord Lyons was dressed in battle-worn uniform with chain mail tunic. "Lad accompany me to my home and tell me about you. Kate seems to think you can be of service. She is rarely wrong about character. I am Kate's father, Lord Lyons."

He extended his hand and gripped the lad's firmly and placed his free hand on the lad's collarbone.