All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:17 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

The Lyons's ball was over three weeks ago. Windwood Shire welcomed a monthlong Winterfest Celebration with holiday cheer. All the townspeople were a buzz of the Knighting Ceremony that would be held in the King's Winter Palace, overlooking in the Garden District. The initiates had faced their baptism in battle less than a month ago. The officers of Lord Gullian Lyons held a ball in their honor. Most were to be knighted before going into battle. The orcs, trolls, and minions invaded the kingdoms to the South and all events were canceled.

The lords of the kingdom of Atria decided to have the Ceremony of Knighthood in Wildwood. The town was all dressed up in its finery. Shops, taverns, warehouses, and town fountain was decorated in greenery, red bows, and candles. The tree would be lit after the Knights had their parade review. Revelers were and townspeople were excited and filed along mainstreet.

Inside the palace, the families, lords, knights, and guests can attend. Lyons rides in the carriage with the family his elite guards file behind the initiates. They are flanked with officer-knights. The elite knights are in shining armor with green capes and carry the house banner. Other lords from the kingdom follow suit.

The palace is full of people as carriages file the front drive. Kate exits the carriage with her father as Jon is among the mounted elite. All the knights and initiates are on horseback. The steeds are raised on the manor lands and are specially bred for Royals, Lords, and Knights.

Kate turned toward her father's soldiers, smiled, placed her fist over her heart and bowed her head. She placed her hand on her father's arm. "They look splendid. Speak to them Papa; I know they are nervous. All these people, I would be terrified. Oh, when this is over my I have time with Cedric?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:50 am 

Been over on Rolplay Repository for a bit. Currently retired.

Blog: View Blog (2)

In the days after the ball, Cedric managed to see Kate for walks for a short time. But they were kept busy and there never seemed enough time. As the festival and knighting ceremony approached, Cedric spent more time in his quarters, writing. He wrote letters to kate he knew he could never give her, as they expressed deep feelings he felt for her. He would dream of her every night and the vividness of them seemed so real. Maybe it was what she had given him, which he never removed, that had driven away the darkness of the war and kept her close tio him in his mind. But a time to be able to hold Kate in his arms and caress her soft skin and look into her beautiful eyes and feel her lips against his seemed always so far away...

When he had duties to attend to, he was almost relieved. As the day drew near, Cedric was given command of the main gate. He dressed in his service dress uniform and met the fair folk coming from all around the kingdom. His demeanour was high, for Kate was never far from his thoughts. When his relief came later that day, he walked back toward his quarters, wondering when he would again be able to spend time with his beloved.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:37 pm 

Kate looked forward to the ceremony to be over and he would join the ranks of brother knights. The current Knights made the week almost unbearable for the initiates. Kate knew the times she would see him were few as he was sequestered and his time on duty guard duty long for slightest mistakes. He had to the passages of any book to his vows, heraldry, code of chivalry, all weapons of war, all meaning and proper wear and from his own uniform to his horse.

It was the ceremony and Kate was not allowed to see nor speak to the initiates until after the ceremony. Lord Lyons took a set beside King Atrious on the dais. Jonathan would have sat beside his father, he helped file his father's men. Kate sat to Princess's Amanda's right. The lords flanked the hall. Families sat in seats above the lords. King Atrious began with a speech then stepped down three steps to trove honor.

Kate sat still until the great hall doors opened and each of the lord's men would approach their king in a line. There were five to eight men per lord. The throne room was full. The ceremony ways in her father's shire and his men went first.
Lord Lyons initiates looked formidable in their new uniforms, tabards, and pants. They undressed from their metal armor they paraded into. As tradition had they wore cotton tunics that came to their thighs. Followed by chainmail armor that covered their chest, stomach, and waist, underclothes, codpiece, uniform dress shirt, woolen decorated jacket, matching woolen pants with cotton lining, socks, and thick black leather riding boots polished to a shine.

Their uniform jacket/coat was Kelley green, Forty-two decorative gold buttons embossed with laurel leaves between strips of yellow. Each officer had either gold, silver, or gold fringed epilates. Medals of valor were worn on the left side. Collars were three inches high solid green with pins if rank and company. A tab of cloth distinguished blue for infantry, white for cavalry, brown for bowmen, red for mechanized weapons and cannon, and black for battlemages was on the middle right collar. The battlemages wore red capes with their heads uncovered.

Atrius spoke in a commanding voice, "The Ceremony for Knight of the kingdom's thirty lords has commenced. Welcome citizens of Atria, guests, ladies and gentlemen, lords, and ladies. These men we honor are the finest soldiers in the kingdom and protectors of the realm. Their duty is to citizens, visitors from other kingdoms, lords, ladies, and royals. Herald open the door and all who are ready to take the oath of knighthood may enter.

As Lyons elite officers entered the throne room, Kate and Lyons stood down one step below the king. Once all entered the hall Lyons stood in full regalia in his uniform with a gold sash. He had instructed his initiates to step up one stair and kneel. They are to gaze upon their king when addressed and bow their heads.

Lyons spoke to all his men as ten lined first. He was wide-eyed and proud that every boy he brought and had raised were now grown battle experienced. Each man came out of various circumstances and races. He looked each one in the eyes before standing before them. It was a silent moment as he knew everyone. He stood before Cedric and looked him in the eyes. Gave him a reassuring nod. "You are here today to join my elite. Soon some of you will join your King. Others will remain with me. I could not be prouder. I know you are ready or you would not be here. Repeat after me. I, your name, am here of free will and mind...Do so give my life in service to the realm,... King Atrius, and The royal family, ...The house of Lyons, ... citizens of Atria, ...citizens of Wildwood Shire ...and my family. I promise to uphold the laws of the kingdom...., obey my commanders, and protect the defenseless. I will keep true to my oath until death."

King Atria takes the royal sword from his steward. He dubbed each man. He stood before Cedric and held the sword point on the floor, "Are you the one that is responsible for our victory in the last battle?"

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:18 pm 

Cedric with the others recited the oath, and as King Atria came to him, Cedric was caught off guard by his question. He swallowed and said,

"My men held the pass against a flanking attack and prevented the armies fighting in the lowlands from being cut-off."

It was all he could say. Maybe he said too much? Should he had just said 'yes'? His mind was racing. He had just told the King that his high commander did not see the surprise flanking attack coming, threatening their supply lines and their way back. Cedric swallowed, hoping he had not overstepped his position in addressing the King.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 6:01 am 

Atrius raised his head and addressed the throng of people, "I dub thee Sir Cedric." The king placed the flat of his sword on his left then right shoulder. "Rise Sir Cedric. "Arise all who served under this man." He watched as Lord Lyons greenhorns stood up." Behold the saviors of the battle of The Barrens. You and your men saved the lives of 10,000 soldiers and the citizens of twelve kingdoms. All hail Sir Cedric, Sir Anton, Sir Averic, Sir Jeffery, Sir Ofsprey, Sir Reginald, and Sir Jonathan. Lord Lyons passed out gold medals to each. "He spoke softly to each one individually as he placed the medal around their necks. "You will meet me in the hall of honor. You will meet your king. This is for all that have fallen. You live to honor them. Congratulations and I am proud of you."
He stood before Sir Cedric holding his medal, "Thank you is not enough. You saved us, son. I am grateful for your loyalty and courage. Meet me in the Hall of Valor. You will meet your king. Wear this in honor of those fallen. I am very proud of you."
Lyons held him by his shoulders and whispered, "You asked to protect Kate. Nod once."
His lordship dabbed his own eye.
As rehearsed he led then to align the throne room wall. Each lord taking in turn. Once the ceremony of knighting and decorating of medals, King Atrious raised his arms to all. "Behold your brave and victorious Knights. Protectors of the realm."
The crowd stood and applauded for them. Kate stood and clapped as tears cascaded down her cheeks. It would be over an hour before she met Sir Cedric out in the corridor. Cedric was led by a page into the Hall of Valor. The hall was placks of knights that held grounds until reinforcements or all perished. Lyons beamed as he introduced Cedric to King atrious. Atrius smiled and clasped the knight's forearm. "Proud day. Sir Cedric. Welcome among the Elite. You understand what this means? You get to name your duty. If memory serves me you have a special lady in your life. My Goddaughter. Atrius moved to his right and Kate was in the doorway. "Katherine, will you come here." Atrious removed his hand and held Kates hand and waist and presented her beside him. She stepped forward smiling as she took Cedric's hands. "Sir Cedric. Would you do me the honor of being my champion and protector?"

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:38 am 

Cadric smiled. Of course he would! He had to answer formally though, and it took everything to not break into a smile. He said,

"I will be your champion and protector Katherine, with all honour and respect."

He bowed to her and when her stood, his locked on to hers.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 11:01 pm 

Kate felt like jumping up and down. She had to restrain from showing any affection. The mage took a deep breath then nodded, "Thank you Sir Cedric."

She turned her head and looked at her father, "May he officially start after Winterfest? I would like him to enjoy tonight and celebrate. Then have him reside in the manor for the remainder of Winterfest. I would like him to accompany me to all the balls and dances of the season. Then when classes resume, I want him to reside in the city."

King Atrious laughed, "If I did not know you better, Katie. I would say you are in love with this young man. Gillian you can't refuse her. She has chosen her suitor well."

Lions chuckled, "Who am I to stand in her way. She is determined and Sir Cedric I hope you know what you are getting into."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:09 am 

"I know now what I am getting in to sir, but I know that I will serve my charge in every way that I can."[/i]

Cedric knew that sounded wrong, but he didn't care. Kate brought him life, and if he could make her happy, he would do what he could to see to it. But it was hard to stand at attention, and seeing and hearing Lady Kate really had him at attention, and he blushed hoping it was not noticed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:12 pm 

Lyons and King Atrious gave Cedric a stern look and grinned. Kate moved beside Cedric and held his waist.

"I want to make our courtship official. May we have both of your's permission? I promise not to be affectionate on Mainstreet in front of the other guards or impede him from his duty. I want him free on Wednesday, Friday nights, and on the weekends through Winterfest. We do not need a chaperone. I want Cedric to join me and my friends. He's not been allowed to have fun."