All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:17 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Blog: View Blog (0)

Several centuries ago, Xanas Valhala, one of the largest space vessels ever built for a single purpose, simply vanished. It was presumed lost with all hands, maybe an unfortunate victim of prototype space jump technology at the time. In reality, the ship simply jumped much farther than ever intended, exiting into an unknown sector far on the opposite side of the galaxy, well beyond the realm of colonized space. The jump had stranded the ship, burning out the jump drive, turning it into scrap in an almost crippling blast of uncontainable power. The ship was left adrift, her meager crew all alone as they struggled to keep her intact in the vain hope of reaching a planet, any planet, that would offer her cargo safety. For in the ships holds were half a million civillian and military personnel, all in cryo sleep for the indefinite amount of time the ship might take to find a hospitable or suitable terraformable world for them.

The last dregs of a wolven nation aboard the ship had been outcasts in normal space. Being a strong pack oriented race that was strong in the ways of warfare and peace alike, and thus feared and shunned by the other races in the same sector of the galaxy. While they sought no conflict, their steadfast resistance to the corrupt governance of the Federated Systems had brought war upon them. After decades of bloody conflict, their last colony was being overrun, the last of their people being forced to flee into the far reaches of space. And so, in desperation, Alpha Centaurus, the highest remaining leader of their people, organized an Exodus. Using their last reserves of material and technology, even scaenging the last of the navys ships for parts, the Ark Class was born. In its armored bowels lay the seeds of his civilization. 500,00 refugees and military personnel, frozen in sleep for the long journey to a new home.

And it was this ship that Her people came upon. The ship that changed her home and the way they lived. For Her people at the time were a young space faring race, with merely a handful of colonies spread throughout the solar system they called home.

That was centuries ago... And yet She couldnt stop her her thoughts from dwelling on it from time to time. She, as all her people, knew the stories and old tales of the peoples that had made the wolves come here. She sighed and shook her head, sipping from a cup of hot tea. It didnt matter. In time, their people merged, a new civilization emerging from loss and hope. They were now one people. Though the old ways still seperated the castes, there was little prejudice among them beyond friendly jabs and competition as was common with any people or military.

As head of her Clan, the biggest in service, she was a respected figure. She was feared by some, but loved by most. What was she? She was a Sergal. Her race being similar to the wolves that came to their home, yet very different. And she was unlike most. Being around 8.5 feet tall she was one of the tallest of her species ever recorded. Her frame was lithe and muscle bound, yet curvy and a bit on the healthier side of the scale. Her fur was unique to her race and colors, her chin down over her chest to her crotch, inner thighs, and the underside of her tail was a creamy tan shade. Her mane, arms, legs, back and the length of her tail were a unusal dark hue of blue, almost a navy or midnight blue mix. Along her back and tail she bore silver stripes. All four paws, just past the ankles and wrists, were of tge same silver shade. Her mane was well kept, it too having natural silver highlights. The tips of her pointed ears were also silver. And not to mention an odd tattoo along her right arm, a silvery lightning bolt going from shoulder to her mid forearm.
She was truly a sight to see.

Her thoughts were interrupted by her communications officer as he passed on a report of a mayday from a transport under attack near the edge of their current system. She growled, ordering all hands to stations as her imposing form sat in the command chair, holographic tactical screens appearing around her.

"Full speed! I want details Shomei.. Whos attacking them?"

The ship shivered as it surged ahead, its cruising speed merely a fifth of its combat speed, meaning the ships inertial dampeners had to catch up a bit slower than normal when jumping to full speed.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:52 am 

I have returned

"When exactly did I **** God off?" Erix Treye quietly asked himself, sitting on the cold metal stool as he replayed his life story through his head. He was not a religious man by any means, but when so much goes wrong in such a short amount of time a man begins to wonder. "Which exact moment of my life landed me on the shit-list of some divine being." The problem was not a hole in his memory, but a excess of possible culprits. "It might have been the time I wrecked a space station, but those guys were corrupt so I doubt that. Maybe it was when I assassinated that preacher. He was leading a doomsday cult but who knows, maybe he was right and his god is taking vengeance for his prophet. It might have been that last job but... No, I wasn't to blame for what happened, and I did all I could to set things right." Erix leaned back against the wall, eyes panning his dingy little cell.

If this wasn't bottom of the barrel then he was getting pretty damn close. The only light came from the far side of the bars, a plasma lamp swinging from a frayed wire, making the brig rock to and fro like an ocean boat. There was three guards outside playing cards on the table, tossing credits about with reckless abandon. Why would they need to worry about money now? They had just caught the biggest score of their lives. The largest bounty in Alliance space history.

Well, technically only third, but it was the first to get an equally large bounty from the Alliance government, and the criminal underworld. Give his body to the cops and his head to the crooks and you were set for life. Erix gave them two months tops before they manage to blow it all on a diamond sex-bot or something and go right back to pirating.

Erix tilted his head sideways, trying to use his ear to scratch at the energy slug attached to his massive left arm, sucking all the power out of it. It was a fairly cheap one, just a small metal bump that hooked onto his metal arm, sucking all the electricity from it and turning it into a high frequency energy cloud. That stuff would leave a trail a mile wide, but it wasn't like Erix was going anywhere. His ship, the Hull Tap, was hooked into the cargo and his equipment was locked in the armory. Well, most of it anyways, these guys weren't very good at searching him. Honestly they wouldn't have had a chance of catching him if he hadn't waltzed onto their ship. He had been desperate, hitching a ride onto the first ship out of Alliance space, should have realized they'd be pirates. They had waited until a few days into the trip, they all of them just walked up to him, guns drawn and smiles like Christmas.

But none of that mattered now, he was going to be carted back to Alliance space, slaughtered like a prize pig, and if he was lucky toasted by the wine they bought with his blood. He wondered what would happen the rest of him though, market for cybernetics was fairly strong. His right arm would probably go to a collector, he wondered how long it would take them to find the secret compartment in his forearm. If he could only get the thing open he could probably break out of here, but for that he needed to get the energy slug off his left arm. Speaking of which, it would go on auction, no question. It was a one of a kind piece, the work of years slowly adding more and more compartments to fit all of Erix' equipment. It looked like it belonged to a metal gorrila now, but it carried nearly everything Erix needed for his job so he loved it anyways. The rest of his cybernetics where more common, replacement shinbones, right shoulder blade that double as rifle storage. Those would probably go to some up and coming headhunter, hopefully he'd treat them well.

Erix was shaken from his reprieve by a sharp crack of laser cannons. "What the hell is going on up there?" He ask aloud, and surprisingly one of his guards answered.
"We foun' some company for ya, a transport ship. Maybe ya'll stop talkin' to yourself with more people down here."
Erix turned his ear to the sound of more cannon fire, an mournful sigh escaping his lips. "I feel really sorry for them." He admitted.
"Don't, its a Con' ship." The pirate said back, laughing to himself. Erix paled as he turned to face the pirate, standing up and walking to the door.
"The hell did you say?!" He yelled, then Erix heard the boom of a rail gun amid the cannon fire. Erix attempted to brace himself against the cell wall before the entire ship shook violently, sending everything in the room flying about. Erix laid against the far wall, little stool crushed beneath his left arm.

"Your captain has killed us all." He stated grimly. The guards looked about in shock and horror as screams of pain come from above.

Last edited by Jack Spade on Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:52 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Ciera sat rigid in the command chair as a frantic plea for assistance blared on the emergency comms channel. She frowned as the ETA timer on her console still read thirty seconds.

"Get me a veiw of them." she snapped, knowing they were well within range of visual systems now. An indeed, a second later, the forward screen showed a distant veiw of a large boxy freighter taking a blow from the harsh red beams of laser cannon.

She growled, her anger rising as the lightly armed ship valiantly returned fire with its much smaller pulse lasers, seeing how ineffective they were on the frigate sized attacker. She wasnt surprised, such weapons were made to shred fighters, and warship armor was much too thick for them to be effective regardless of shields. She glanced at her tactical screen as they neared intercept range.

"Rail battery, take out her armanent, once in rage Ion batteries will open fire, I want this one intact, or boardable." she barked at the fire cotrol officer.

Seconds later, there was a thud from the hull as three blue streaks speared out to slam into the smaller ship, her shields completely ineffective as the hypervelocity rounds penetrated and detonated with lethal effect. A second salvo left the smaller vessel scarred and broken as they rapidy closed on her. A hail of high energy Ion blasts finished her, taking out her engines and shields by overloading her power grids.

"Boarding parties, I want prisoners! However, lethal force is authorized. Go get the bastards." her gruff order was answered by a chorus of growled affirmatives. A minute later, two sleek assault shuttles departed the hangar, on an intercept course with the now derlict pirate vessel. She noted with a sigh that the freighter was hightailing it from the zone. At least it hadnt taken too much damage it seemed.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:44 pm 

I have returned

Erix' head rang as he was once again thrown about by a second volley of fire, then the lights died as the ship lost power. A emergency generator must have kicked in as the gravity was still on. Erix rubbed where his head had hit the wall, then realized his right arm was working again. Carefully checking his left arm, he found the energy slug crushed between the wall and his arm. Erix silently stood up as the pirates started yelling about getting off the boat.

"Oh I wouldn't worry about getting off this ship." Erix said, walking towards the gate. "If they wanted it blown to pieces they'd fire one more time. What they want is prisoners, someone to blame for the damage that was caused to the transport. Thankfully you're not gonna have to worry about that."

"An' whys tha'?" The first pirate demanded, charging towards the cage door. He stopped cold when a blade of energy erupted from his back.

"Because you're between me and my ship." A sharp crack as the energy blade cut through the bars of the cell, the pirate falling over as the blade stopped supporting his weight. In the light of the blade the two other guards could be seen scrambling to find their rifles, but they never got the chance. A plasma caltrop opened from Erix' left arm, shooting down the further pirate. The closer one find his rifle just as the blade found his lower back, cutting him in two. The energy blade cauterized the wounds as it made them, leaving the whole room perfectly clean.

Erix had to get too his ship. Sure if the Con's found him in his cell they'd likely wouldn't count him as a member of the pirates, but that would also make him look weak. They find him in his own highly advanced ship with a trail of pirate corpses behind him, and he might seem like a respectable warrior. One worth not sending back to Alliance space for the bounty either way, or at least Erix hoped so. Strolling through the hall of the ship Erix lead with his blade, searching for the armory. He wanted his rifle and other equipment back, if the Wolven got to it first there was no way he'd get it back. He stopped as he walked over an unconscious pirate at the base of stairs leading to the upper deck. Based on the dent in the wall he had been thrown down the stairs by the impact. As he scanned the downed pirate he heard a sound from stairs to his left, and a pirate came charging down with a gun.

"This is your fault! They want your bounty!" The man said as he fired at Erix.

"That makes no god damn sense and you know it." Erix said patiently as his left hand came to life with energy, raising it to intercept the shot. The plasma bolt deflected off the energized surface of his palm, slamming into the pirates knee to send him tumbling down on top of his shipmate. A swift kick to the head followed and the man was sleeping as well. Erix quickened his pace down the hall, other's might have heard the pirate yelling and be coming to express their displeasure as well.

Erix arrived at the armory without further interruption, finding most of the rooms contents crashed down on the ships quartermaster.

"Crushed by weaponry, bad way to go." Erix said to himself as he picked through the pile for his rifle. After a second of shuffling he found it next to the quartermaster's head, looked like it had been the gun to bash it in.

"Good girl, Chelsea." He said to the rifle, pulling it out of the pile. He then moved to the back of the armory where they kept smaller, more valuable items. The lock box would be holding his ship keys, or at least he hoped. If they had left it on the table it would be in the mess of weapons covering the floor, and Erix would never find it before the Cons got there. Taking his energy sword, sliced into the safe box where the latch would lock in. Pulling the now lock-less lock box open, Erix found his keys scattered about a pile of small gems and jewelry.

"For a bunch of idiots these guys are really well off." Erix whistled to himself, grabbing the keys from box. He pondered grabbing the valuables as well, but he didn't need money now so they were useless to him. Exiting the armory, he found a pirate walking down the hall from the direction he hadn't been, armed with an energy sword. Dashing to the man before he could react, Erix flicked the pirates energy sword aside with his own, then grabbed him around the neck.

"If I energize my hand, you'll die slowly as you're throat melts, leaving you unable to breath. Or, you can tell me where they are keeping my ship." Erix threatened, and the pirate dropped his energy blade and began telling.

"It's just down the hall, but you'll need a card and a voi-" the pirate cut out as Erix let go of his throat. Erix them grabbed him by the side of the head and slammed it into the wall.

Walking past the downed pirate, Erix found the door he mentioned. He started to cut into it with his energy sword, but found it reinforced. Erix tapped the door with his knuckle, then the wall around the door. The ring was higher, which meant lighter metal. Slicing through the metal around the door, Erix kicked it down and entered. The room was not given the benefit of the back-up generator. As Erix walked in he immediately began floating about the room. Thankfully he wasn't sharing the air with much, just a few loose tools and his ship. Floating in the air, it looked like a giant dark-grey ice cream cone. The control hub was the cone, with the top half of its pointier side a clear glass cockpit. The ice cream was the engine, which currently had no distinctive features except a small indent on its top. Erix set his caltrop to its lowest setting, and began to fire it behind him to push him towards his ship. Upon getting close to it he hit the big button on his keys, and the glass top opened. Slipping into the space above his seat, the Hull Tap's gravity pulled him down into his chair. The lid closed, and the engine quickly came to life, flashing a bright blue energy all about the cargo hold.

"And now, to freedom." Erix said, pushing the ship forward. The ship began forward movement, but was soon stopped by the cargo bay doors. Then the engine began turning, the exit port shifted to point diagonally, and spinning rapidly. The point of the Hull Tap dug into the bay doors, digging deeper as it drilled into the iron. With a metalic scream, the metal gave way and Erix pulled through to the open space beyond.

Looking about, he saw that it was not the transport ship that had ruined the pirates'. A large battleship was pushing forward, Erix could see boarding parties departing to capture the pirates.
"Must have jumped here, no way the pirates were dumb enough to attack while that thing was insight." Erix said to himself, turning his ship towards the large cruiser. Hitting a few buttons, he set up an SOS becon, and began broadcasting a short message.

"My name is Erix Treye, I was captured by the pirates but managed to free myself during your attack. I am looking for safe harbor, and offer my skills freely to any who would have me." He set the message on loop, and began a slow approach, waiting for an answer.

Last edited by Jack Spade on Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:34 pm 

Back from hiatus!

The battlecruiser was sleek and bristled with weaponry. She was the pride of the Garnesh Shipyards, being one of the biggest ships in the Confederacys fleet. Being only six years old she was still being tested and refitted with weaponry and technology, a mobile testing platform for the navy.

At just under 1700 meters long, she was indeed a hell of a ship, only being surpassed by carrier and superfreighter class starships. She bristled with numerous capital grade railgun batteries, supported by a mix of lesser laser cannon and Ion cannon batteries. She was protected from fighters and missiles by numerous pulse laser batteries as close in weapons. All in all she looked every bit the part of what one might picture of a flagship or battleship.
She had come to a stop about 50km from the derlict pirate vessel, it being well within range of her weaponry.

Ciera frowned as she watched the shuttles keep on their path, weapons locked on the strange fighter that emerged from the stricken ship.

"Mam, that fighter is broadcasting an SOS, and is on an intercept course with us." Shomei forwarded the message to her screen and her frown deepened.

"Order it to stop or change course. If it refuses it will be fired upon." her gaze was curious but deadly serious as she scanned over the shuttles reports, both beginning docking procedures with the pirate vessel.

"Unidentified fighter, change course or stand down to be examined, failure to comply will be taken as a threat and you will be fired upon!" she flicked an ear as her communications officer broadcast the message.

Meanwhile, her marines were storming the halls of the pirates ship, casualties were racking up as it seemed the bastards were holding onto their engineering rooms and bridge with determination. She finaly ordered her men to take anything not nailed down and retreat to the shuttles. Hopefully theyd recover something useful.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:35 am 

I have returned

Erix received the message from the ship and gave an audible gulp.

"I am both honored and worried you consider me such a risk." Erix said as he set Hull Tap through it's halt protocols. The ship had no forward engines, so to stop one had to get creative. He first set the engine exhaust at 90 degrees to the ship, and gave a short pop of thrust. As the ship rotated he set the exhaust directly outwards again. When the ship rotated around so the exhaust faced the exact direction he was moving, he gave a burst of thrust directly equal to his current forward momentum. Momentum forward met by thrust back, forward movement stopped cold. This left Hull Tap rotating, but a quick thrust in the opposite direction stopped that too, leaving Erix staring right at the battle cruiser. It was a very delicate process, but the ship's computer was happy to help.

"Where's the name?" Erix wondered, searching for some white text on the hull but only finding guns.

"Is that something they don't do in Con space? How do they tell the things apart." Erix studied the weaponry on display, feeling very happy about the upgrade he'd given his ship's shield. They were a one of a kind unit, and would probably deflect one, maybe two if the aim was off, of those rail guns. But to sacrifice, they only worked forward. This ship was not made for retreat, but Erix rarely found the need. As he stared the weapons down, he grabbed one of the g-helms off their rack above him. If the ship decided to blow him up, he wanted to be equipped to hit max speed.

"Maybe it's by the number or size of their guns. 'Where is the 32 rails?' 'Why its currently replacing the 44 plasmas.'" Erix said, switching to a growling voice when speaking for his made up Wolven. A thin plasma field appeared around his head as he put the g-helm, and his head took the strangest sensation. Like it was placed inside a balloon, which was tied to a string that then connected to the stub of his neck. He continued staring at the battle cruiser, fighting off the inescapable feeling of smallness.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:50 pm 

Back from hiatus!

She flicked an ear as she watched the small craft come to a stop a few thousand kilometers from point defense range. Soon after, the two shuttles disengaged from the derlict pirate vessel, passing up the fighter as they vectored for their hangar bays.

"Weapons, target the pirate and make sure its permanently scuttled. Tractor beam, pull that fighter into bay six, i want a marine platoon there as security until we know more of this stranger." she sighed and settled back into the chair as her officers jumped to relay or follow her orders.

Several of her large tripple railgun batteries trained onto the frigate, firing in salvo, nine streaks of lightning impacted the target, blasting it apart, leaving only a spreading debris field behind. Seconds later, a pale blue beam encircled the small fighter, pulling it in towards a hangar on the battlecruisers belly.

"Mam, marines report several prisoners were acquired from the pirate crew. As was a great deal of data from hacked ststems and the confiscated cargo..." Shomei barked as a veiw of the shuttle bay showed several marines dragging a half dozen humans off the shuttles.

She grimaced and bit back a snarl of disgust. "I want those.... Men... Intact for interrogation.... No unnecessary harm is to come to them Commander" she growled into the communicator, a direct link to the raider commander.

She was answered by a gruff angry voice, "Aye Captain.... Ill be sure they make it there personally.... We had three casualties.... One fatality...." the voice sighed softly and she shook her head. She hated losing her men... Especially to such scum as pirates!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:28 pm 

I have returned

Erix watched as the Conf boarding ships detached from the pirate vessel, they lazily floated past him on their way back to the battle cruiser. The rail guns then came to life, rotating towards the doomed pirates. As their ship imploded Erix considered how best to pay his respects, eventually settling on spitting once he found a suitable substitute for their grave. He would have loved to go rampaging about the ship himself, but watching the fireworks of the boat's death rattle was satisfying enough.

Eris let out a small breath of relief when the tractor beam hit his ship. He got onto a ship, now to make himself useful enough to stay on it. Looking at the boarding ships as he was dragged in he set the ships computer to zoom, watching as the Wolven marched a set of pirates off the boats. They took prisoners, that might be a means of getting into their good graces if the pirates were tight lipped. He also saw what looked like a cot, at least one casualty. Erix doubted the Conf's would carry a pirate off the boat, so that meant injured or KIA Wolfs. That boded less well for him, their brothers would want some kind of vengeance. If the pirates where off limits, that might leave Erix on the table.

As Erix was brought into the hanger, he turned off the ships engine, letting the traction beam deposit his ship where it saw fit. He then slowly opened the cockpit, hands raised and palms out. They had arranged a welcome party for him, and Erix calmly followed all commands he was given. He wondered if they would ask him to disarm himself or just scan him for all his weapons themselves. Either way, he'd probably end up with another electric slug for his caltrop. Maybe this time, it'd be a nice one that lets him still use his arms somewhat.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:42 pm 

Back from hiatus!

The rather short female sergeant in command of the squad watched as the odd fighter was settled on a grav locked pad, ensuring it wouldnt move without the proper assistance of the hangar personnel. She skewed an ear and sighed as the cockpit opened to reveal a rather odd human. Her eyes took in every detail with wary analysis as she barked the order for him to disembark slowly from the craft. After he was on the deck with his hands up she approached, she was only around 5ft tall, an oddity for her race.

"Hands together in front of you human." her voice was even, devoid of anything other than mild annoyance at being the one given this assignment. When he complied she used duraplast cuffs to restrain his wrists, then took a scanner and frowned as she waved it over him. "Bring a Mag Locker..." she ordered, a burly sergal in an engineers light armor kit snapped a salute and sauntered away towards a locker.

"Due to the weapons residues and the nature of your arm, the Mag Lock will be set to medium.... Itll restrict your movement but at least youll still have use of it...." sge said in a bored tone without looking at him. She stepped back as the sergal returned and moved forwards, he tapped on the control pad on his wrist, then the small spider looking magnet clamped onto the humans upper arm. It was small enough not to hinder clothing or movement, yet powerfull enough to render all but the toughest droid and AI systems inactive.

"Lets go.... The Captain is waiting... And she doesnt like waiting.." she pushed the human forward as the unit surrounded them, those in front leading them to the Mag Lifts, and after a short ride, towards what could only be a brig area.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:24 am 

I have returned

Erix managed to keep his eyebrow from raising on seeing the somewhat short Sergal sergeant. He was actually taller than this one. This was either a show of faith, how insignificant he was to them, or she was just the most convenient officer. To get the commanding role, she must have been either smart, or from a noble house. A lack of eye rolls meant the prior, or Erix was ignorant to the Sergal equivalent. Maybe some motion of the tail or ears? He’d have to learn to read these people better if was going to spend any stretch of time here.

Erix was brought out of his contemplation by the sergeant. He was pleasantly surprised by the Mag Locker. Seemed the Sergal had their own solution to mechanical limbs, and it was far nicer. It was much less disorienting than the electric slug, seeming to overpower his arm rather than steal its power. Wiggling his fingers slightly, he found his right arm was unaffected. If they didn’t disable that, they must have missed the hidden compartment. Could be useful if things went south, though it didn’t raise his odds much in any kind of fight.

Again coming back to the moment with a push from the sergeant, Erix walked onto the lift, noticing the slight tingle in his arms as it powered up. Must be a mag lift. Between the rail guns, mag lock, and now mag lift, the Confederacy seemed to really like electromagnets. Good to know, that meant his sabotage viruses would be useless, they were designed with plasma infrastructure in mind. If he had to fight, manual overrides would be required. Talking his way through was looking more and more appealing.

As he arrived at what was most likely the Brig, he looked about for the pirates. If he was placed near them, that meant fellow prisoner. If he was placed away, it meant questionable person of interest. At least, that’s how humans would do it. God, not knowing how to read these people was getting really damn annoying.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:07 am 

Back from hiatus!

They arrived to the brig moments before an enraged females snarls rolled out of a cell block, fowllowed by screams of pain and terror. The troopers all glanced at one another, ears and tails skewing and swaying in wariness as they stoped in front of an empty though well appointed cell, the door slid aside to reveal a cot and a small table with two chairs to one side and a curtained latrine in the corner area. The sergeant removed his cuffs and prodded him into the room politely.

"The captain will be here to question you shortly...." with that the unit marched off with parting greetings to a pair of tall burly sergals in armor guarding either side of the brigs entryway. It wasnt long until the svreaming and yelling down the hall eventually fell silent. After a few moments, a double column of wolven marines marched past his cell towards where the noise had come from.

"Put this trash out the airlock. They are all guilty of piracy and many of murder. Charges of assaulting a Confederation vessel are also added." a cold and obviously **** voice echoed down the corrider, muffled with meager prtests and pleas of mercy that went unheeded apparently.

The sounds of heavy footsteps made their way back towards his cell, the large view port in the door revealing the dark blue face of a tall sergal. The door slid aside and she stepped in, followed by another wearing combat armor colored in navy blue with silver trim. He leaned on the wall next to the door looking bored as she stood studying the human, her paws using a rag to clean blood from each other.
"I was told you were in the pirates brig.... I will only ask once. Why?" her voice was hard and deathly serious.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:40 am 

I have returned

Erix slowed his step slightly as the snarls and screams hit him. Every credit he owned said that was the Captain, and Erix put a bit more pep in his step to keep pace with the guards. He didn’t need a translator for that noise, she was clearly ****. The less reason to direct that at him the better.

Pleasantly surprised again by his cell, Erix lightly stepped into the room when prompted. Thanking the sergeant when his cuffs where removed, Erix sat himself down with his hands together on the table. Listening to the Human screams and Serval yells, Erix began hoping she was at least venting it all on them. With luck she’d get that out of her system by the time she got to him.

When he heard her barking commands, that little hope died fast.
“Right, my luck is ****.” He muttered softly to himself, shifting to sit strait in his chair. Looks like he’s going to have to get through this on his own charm. Using his best poker face as the Captain walked in, Erix internally whistled at the sheer size of the women. The literal blood on her hands really help set the ruthless brutality look she had going.

Deciding honest was by far the best policy, Erix spoke. “I killed some people rather high up in the criminal underworld because they double crossed me. Their friends where paying to thank me in person. I took the first ship I could out of town, which you just blew up. Thanks by the way, those assholes had it coming.”

He had no way of knowing how’d they react to hearing the exact terms of the double crossing, so best leave those details out for now. Maybe as a last ditch Hail Mary. But if it might hurt his case, it could remain unsaid for now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:07 am 

Back from hiatus!

Ciera eyed the shorter human with clear suspicion as she finished cleaning her paws. She was tall by her peopls normal standards, toping the measure at almost eight and a halft feet. She was a bit curvy, though her frame was well muscled and covered in a form fitting uniform of dark gray with silver trim. At her waist was a large bore rail pistol and a wicked looking sheathed knife.

"Explain why you were with these... Pirates.... Tell me in detail why it is you were on the run. I wont offer asylum without knowing the truth behind your intentions." her voice was calm and even as she eased herself into the second chair.

The other armored female perked an ear as she too showed interest. She ws a much more standard height of around 7 feet, with a rather typical pelt color pattern of black back and mane with a white face. Her long tail was sheathed in armor as well, it being flexible with plates like those on a snakes belly. She remained silent as she examined and tinkered with her own sidearm.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:26 am 

I have returned

Erix nearly sighed in relief as the Captain day herself down across from him. The fact she was even mentioning asylum was a good start. Now to open up more.
“I was contracted to transport a sealed box, it was supposed to contain highly sensitive artifacts. While on route to the drop off I was stopped by Alliance soldiers, they wanted what was in the box. I couldn’t just give it to them, my reputation of reliability might never recover, so I knocked them out and continued on.”
Erix pauses slightly, his eyes tinged with regret. “But soon after the Alliance dropped a large bounty on my head, far to high for ‘transportation of illegal relics’. So when I got to the buyer, I forced him to tell me what was in the box.”
Now, his eyes flashed with anger. “It was a slave. They’d cryogenically frozen someone and stuck them in the box, try and get it past the Alliance. Apparently a mole let it slip, told them I had it, but forgot to mention I was being duped. I told the buyer to let the man go, he refused. Things got violent.”
Erix let out an exhausted sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose. “Afterwards I took the ex-slave home. The survivors put a bounty on my head. The Alliance raised theirs to be higher, and it escalated from there. Life ruined, I boarded the first ship I found headed out of Alliance space. The whole crew pulled guns on me three days out.” Erix dropped his arm to the table, the stress of the past month seeming to come back all at once.
Looking up at the Captain, he made sweeping motion with his hand as if to say ta-da. “I offer my skills as an expert bounty hunter to your ship. I am at your service.”

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:43 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Ciera sat back as she listened to Erix's tale. Her ears and tail gave occasional twitches or flicks as the normal sounds of a ship underway reached them through the halls and hull plates. The other female looked at him with narroeed eyes as she heard his tellings.

Ciera frowned as he neared the end of his explanation, her natural instinct telling her he wasnt lying about his tale. Still... Her curiosty was piqued and she sat foward as he fininshed.

"Tell me of this slave you transported... Why were they so important and wanted by both the government and shadowy factions that hunt you? He or she must have been very important indeed to get that much trouble upon your tail...." she chuckled, having used one of her peoples sayings despite his tailess nature. Her emerald eyes never strayed from him however, indicating her seriousness about the question asked.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:50 pm 

I have returned

Erix thought back to the man he had saved, leaning back as he recalled all he could about him.
“Young male, farmer, kidnapped two months before I was given him, not much to say about him honestly. He’s a member of a rarer species, I think the mafia boss wanted him as a sign of power, but otherwise nothing particularly special. The Alliance bounty was originally fairly low, high enough I knew something was up, but no one with half a brain would come after me for that payout.” Erix let out an exasperated breath has he recalled the fight to save the man.
“The mafia’s bounty was much higher, and that got the Alliance attention. They couldn’t be outdone by some criminals, if someone took me to the mafia it would make them look weak. So, the Alliance bounty rose above the mafia’s. The criminals really wanted to get revenge for their friends personally, so they raised theirs. At a certain point it stopped being about me or the man, it became a show of power, who was willing to bid more than the other.” Pausing slightly as he ran a few numbers through his head, Erix added “Last I checked, I had the third and fourth highest bounty in history. And it was still rising. At this rate it’s probably taken second place, maybe first. With a payout that high to whomever catches me, there’s a good chance they’ll just kill me instead and say I was never turned in.” That last bit was mostly guesswork, no precedent to base it off of. But it was a possibility, and it would deter the Conf’s from handing him over to the Alliance for cash. Of course, it was just as likely they’d refuse to do so just to spite the Alliance, which was why Erix ran here in the first place. Getting a highly skilled operative in addition would just be frosting on the cake to them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:11 am 

Back from hiatus!

She frowned as he explained a bit of the circumstances behind his appearance here and the events leading to it. She still felt there was something he wasnt telling her, her eyes narrowed and her tail swayed slowly back and forth, like a silent snake.

"Theres something youve not told me.... And dont lie about it.... I will know.... What is it you left out? This... Farmer... What was he? It was important wasnt it?" her green gaze bored into him, and the marine behind her racked the charger of her pistol as if in warning as she reloaded it and turned her own golen eyes upon him. This was indeed the only chance hed have to convince them he was worth the effort to hide and keep from the Alliance and darkside elements of that side of the galaxy.