All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: trucker in a magic world
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:56 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

James Holden was having one of the longest days in the history of his trucking career. Everything had gone wrong for him since he woke up this morning. First the truck wouldn’t start which he found out was due to a dead battery that was an eighty dollar fix. Then he had a flat on the trailer thankfully he had a spare and the only cost there was the two hours it took to get it changed, and finally he was now stuck at the weigh station and looking at a three thousand dollar fine to being over the weight limit. “I had no idea it was overweight,” he told the state trooper, “I just back in to the warehouse and they load it. I don’t even get out of the truck!” the state trooper shook his head and looked at him and said, “Not my problem pal here’s your papers on your fine I suggest you call your company and get another truck out here to take some of this weight off you.” James was fuming at this point so he pulled off at the rest stop and parked. He tried to call the boss at Eddy’s trucking but of course no one would answer the phone. “What else is new,” he thought, “I’ll try again in the morning.” So he hung up and put his phone on charge and went to sleep.The next morning when he woke up he went into the rest stops bathroom to shower. He noticed the bathroom was in serious need of repair but having no other choice he decided to shower anyway because he hated to stink. He had his shirt half way off when the light cut out leaving him in total darkness. When he reach out to turn the light back on a searing bolt of white hot pain shot through his arm engulfing his body. “I’m dead,” he thought, “Oh god I’m dead” only then he realized he was thinking and that meant he was alive! He opened his eyes to realize he was lying in a field of tall grass but before he could take in too much of the scenery he realized something very important. His shirt was on fire. “Oh god!” he screamed as he ripped the shirt off and began to stomp it out. Once the fire was out there wasn’t much left of his shirt and his chest and left arm had burn all over them. “At least I’m right handed.” He thought and began to look around. “Hello?!?” he shouted, “Is anybody out there?”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:08 am 

The Happy RP salesman

Location: This is not the location you are looking for. Move along!
Medals: 6
GM of the Month (1) Completed RP (1)
Dedicated Partner (1) 1st Year (1)

Felix and his sister were flying over the Heroldnor Moutains when they saw a man stomping out a fire... shirtless.

"Ignore him Sheila." he warned her, but she landed on the other side of a tree and morphed to her human form, which still gave her horns on her head and a scaly tail and purple scaled wings. sneaking around the tree she called out, "Do I count as an anybody?"

Felix landed next to her not bothering to transform, his massive dragon form dwarfing her now human form, though her eyes were that of a dragon. "Sheila, this Terran does not concern us. Come, leave him be!"

"Awwwww but Feliiiix! he's so buff and freaking hunky!" she whined/giggled. Felix looked at the man and frowned. "Stranger... Don't suppose you need a ride to town? we can give you a lift i suppose. it's a days walk and it doesn't seem you have a way to get there besides on foot... and shirtless is no going to do you any favors."

Sheila giggled. "My name's Sheila, and this is my brother Felix! Nice to meet you! We're Dragon-kin, What's your name?"

Shoulder Demon: (Looking at controls of train) "Let's see how many times we can wreck this thing before we're all dead."

Shoulder Angel: "Are you crazy?!?!?! you'll get us all killed!!!!!!"

Shoulder Demon: "That's the idea, Moron!"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:23 am 

James turned at the sound of a voice and turned whit as a ghost when he saw who it belonged to. “What in the name of god,” he said talking to himself, “ok I get it I was electrocuted and now I’m in a coma I’m not in a field, and I don’t see a talking dragon or a girl with horn and wings. I’m fine this is normal I’m fine. I’m going to wake up at anytime now.” He opened and closed his eyes a dew times trying to make them disappear. “Ok I guess comas don’t work like drunken hallucinations but this is all still a dream and if that study about comas I read on facebook is true I can just jolt myself awake.” He said. So he took off at a run and ran head first into the tree the girl was standing by. He bounced off of it and lay on the ground holding his head moaning. “Owwww,” he said and looked over to see if they were still there, and they were. “Ok not hard enough got to try again. Harder this time!” so he stood up went further away from the tree and tried again running as fast and hard as he could. This time he bounced off the tree and fell unconscious.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:41 am 

The Happy RP salesman

Sheila fell over laughing as the stranger knocked himself out after saying something about a coma. "HAHAHAHAHA..." She couldn't stop herself as she beat her fist on the ground, causing small tremors.

Felix walked over to the unconscious man and asked, "Can't we just eat him? He seemed disoriented and crazy!"

Sheila stopped laughing, "Naw, lets show him what it's like to fly!" She walked over and picked him up with little effort, putting him on her back. Morphing into her dragon form, the two took off. "Hey, hey man... wake up! We're flying!" she smirked waiting for him to awaken and freak out again.

Felix frowned, "Try not to give him a heart attack." he said before flying on ahead.

Shoulder Demon: (Looking at controls of train) "Let's see how many times we can wreck this thing before we're all dead."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:53 am 

James awoke to the feeling of wind rushing over him. “Oh thank god air-conditioning,” he said as he sat up. He soon found out that it wasn’t air conditioning he was feeling but the wind. And he was flying. “Wait how did I get on an air pla…OH MY GOD!!!!!!!”He screamed as he held on for dear life. “Ok so the tree thing didn’t work out and now I’m on the back of a dragon flying through the air in what is the absolutely strangest dream I’ve ever had. God I hate being in a coma, and I can’t believe I’m about to do this but If running can’t get enough force then…” he then closed his eyes and jump into thin air and began to free fall hoping the sensation of falling would wake him up as it sometimes did when he would sleep in the truck if someone else was driving.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:39 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

"I will NOT be the cause of death of this weirdo!" Sheila dive bombed and grabbed him in her claws before they hit the ground. "ARE YOU INSANE? A fall from this height would kill you!" she chastised. Landing close to a town, the two dragon-kin transformed to their human-esque forms and practically dragged the trucker to a bar. "Care for some alcohol and a boar or some mutton?" Sheila asked.

The bar itself was filled with beastmen of all types, from Taurus' to nekojin and lizardmen. There were also regular looking humans in the mix.

"Welcome to the Drunken Beast, what can I do ya fer?" The cute as hell catlike waitress asked as she walked over. her ears twitched as she noticed the guy without a shirt. "Ummm... let me go see if I have something to cover...all that muscle..." she blushed.

Felix sighed, "Great... now we're probably gonna get thrown out for bringing in a shirtless crazy person!"

at the table across from them they heard a bit of whispering. "...nice muscles... think he'd join... no way would a guy like... go ask!"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:59 pm 

About halfway to the ground he realized he wasn’t going to wake up and started screaming. It wasn’t until long after the dragon thing that identified herself as Sheila caught him that he realized he wasn’t falling anymore and stopped. They took him to a place that he recognized as a bar. He didn’t have a clue where he was or what exactly was going on but thanks to his job he knew a bar when he saw one. “Dear sweet Jesus and Mary mother of God in heaven,” he mumbled to himself, “that was a talking cat…and I was brought to a bar by dragons and now I’m surrounded by all kinds of god knows what…is this hell? Have I truly lost my mind?” he heard some whispering and though he couldn’t hear everything it was clear they were talking about him. He turned to face the direction of the whispers and dropped into a low fighting crouch bringing one hand in defense posture the other ready to strike. “Ask a guy like me what?” he asked. He realized that most eyes in the bar were now on him. So he stood up abandoning what he was sure to be a very stupid decision and brought his hand to shoulder level in front of his chest and slowly lowered then to his waist exhaling the whole time. “I’m sorry,” he said bowing in the direction of the whispers, “I’m a bit tense I meant no disrespect. I’m not even sure where I am.”

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:28 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

"You're in Crovantz, sir. any particular reason you are shirtless?" one of the nekojin at the table asked. she seemed the curious, playful type as she was staring at his bare chest with a smirk on her face. A Taurus man at the table chuckled noticing the slight burn marks on his arms and chest. "Must've got in a fight with a dragon!" he said.

The third man at the table, one that was a Lizard man, who had been the whisperer, hissed. His tongue forked in and out before he spoke. "We were wondering... would you be interested in forming a party with usssss? we need a few members, and seeming assss you came here with Dragon-kin, you musssst be trusssstworthy..."

The nekojin muttered something and a shirt materialized out of thin air. "Here... before I change my mind." she said, looking a bit flustered.

The Taurus laughed at his nekojin friend's reaction. "So... whad'ya say? a group like us could make a lot of money assuming we can find you a proper weapon!"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:44 pm 

“How…..how did you do that?” James muttered as he took the shirt and put it on. He then turned to the people asking him to join them. “A party? For what? What are you celebrating? And do you always use weapons at parties?” he asked. He was beyond confused. He had never heard of this place and he had never seen people such as these. He looked at the two who brought him here. “dragon-kin right that’s you,” he said, “you mentioned alcohol…I could use a beer like 20 minutes ago.” He sat down holding his head he was still trying to decide if he was crazy or if this was really happening. He looked at Sheila and spoke, “you are the one who first made contact with me. You have apparently kept me from killing myself as well so I feel as though I can trust you. That is unless I truly have lost my mind. What is going on here and where is the place I’ve never heard of crovantz please make this make sense!”

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:47 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

"Magic of course!" the Nekojin girl laughed at his expression. Sheila looked confused for a moment. "You really don't know where you are?" she finally said after a moment. putting a claw-like hand to her chin she thought for a moment.

"I can show you around, but eventually I will need to go back to my home, and unfortunately humans can't live where I do." She admitted. "As for a party, it's not a celebration. It's a group that goes on quests together for money, which you will need to buy things like food, weapons, armor and booze. I suppose I can pay for you this time, but you will need money next time you want a drink."

She paid the waitress and they were soon given three jugs of mead and a large smoked boar.

"Sssssssso... he doesn't know where he issssss? Ssssssstrange guy..." the lizard man from before muttered as his friends decided it was best to leave a crazy person alone.

Felix sighed, "Is this really a good idea Sheila? We barely know this guy, and he's already attempted suicide, twice!!! I say we bail on him." he frowned as he grabbed some boar meat and ate it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:14 pm 

James nodded slowly “I would appreciate that and the drink. I honestly don’t know where I am I had no idea that magic was real I’m not even sure how I got here, and now the locals all think I’m nuts, you think I’m a bum, and your brother said he want to either eat or kill me. Wow I’m off to a great start.” He said. He sat looking around waiting for a beer trying to see if he could recognize anything that might be familiar but saw nothing. “I know this is going to sound crazy but am I even on earth anymore? Do you have any idea how I can get back home? I’m going to be totally honest I’m terrified it’s obvious I’m no magic user or whatever you call them here and I don’t want to die here and that’s exactly what’s going to happen. And I would say by now I’ve either been fired, or declared dead or probably both by now. I’m in a heap of trouble I think.” He said with a hint of despair creeping into his voice. When the beer was brought to the table he downed in three drinks and stood. “I think I need some air.” He said and stepped outside. He went around the corner of the building and sat on the ground leaning against the wall trying to figure out his next move but could come up with nothing.