All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:08 am 

just passing through

Blog: View Blog (1)

Felix was making his rounds of the ship making sure that everything was in working order just in case the routine always started with checking the engines and then making sure all of the life pods are working. Felix was half way through his rounds when he found a life pod that was malfunctioning this one life pod always seemed to have a problem with it maybe that was why he was always the one to be working on it. After fixing the problem Felix climbed out of the life pod and back onto the main deck of the ship which got him a shin in the face he always hated the people on this ship because they did not watch were they were going. "Hey maybe watch were you are going next time" Felix watched the person walk off rather quickly this ship had been going smoothly there had been a few drills where they practiced many procedures one of them was the crash landing one that was why there were many life pods attached to the ship.

Felix was making his way to the flight deck of the ship to check the tech up there when an alarm rang out through the ship Felix went over the alarms they had practiced for he started to make his way back to the part of the ship where his life pod was located this was the alarm to signal a crash landing. Felix slid down the ladder of his life pod and waited to hear the familiar false alarm message to tell them that it was a false alarm but panic set in when the captain's voice came over the PA "everyone please stay calm we have taken heavy damage to our hull and I'm trying to make a controlled decent everyone please make your way to your designated life pod and if you are already there please stay where you are" Felix went to climb back out but when he tried he found the hatch to the life pod shut and locked there was no way out so this was real Felix went over to the communications rely "captain what is happening out there let me out of the life pod I can fix this please don't do this" Felix was even more afraid when the captain did not answer him "captain please let us out of the life pods please we can fix this just listen to me please"

Felix's heart sank when he heard the announcement over the PA "all life pods locked and ready for deployment everyone please take your seat and prepare for launch from the ships hull." Felix went and sat in the seat in the life pod awhile thinking to himself "this can't be real this has to be a joke" but everything was forgotten when he felt the life pod be deployed from the ship Felix look up through the hatch of the life pod to see the damage in the hull of the ship. The life pod hit the water but something was wrong his life pod was not floating above the water as it should have but was sinking and fast his life pod hit something looking out the hatch window he could see water.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:32 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Ethan Lawrence, one of the youngest to graduate from the Academy and be accepted into the program within a few days of each other. He had had plenty of competition, there being many other graduates, as well as older candidates to choose from, but he had been chosen. It wasn’t the position he had been hoping for though...lab assistant. Anyone with even a few hours of experience in a lab could pull it off! It was an insult. Keeping track of who used what, what they were running low on, how project XYZ was doing, it was all so dull and boring but someone had to do it.

With everything that he hated about working on the ship, there were others that he loved...the constant alarms wasn’t one of those. As he slowly tipped a vial, careful to not spill its contents on either himself or the counter, the sudden alarm blaring nearly had the young scientist dropping the whole thing. This wasn’t even the first time this week they had had one of these drills. Pulling off his gloves and stuffing them into a pocket in his lab coat, Ethan hit the power down button on the wall as he left the lab on the way to his life pod.

When the captain’s voice rang over the PA system, Ethan expected a false alarm, or something along those lines, but the notice that this was in fact, not a drill had the scientist hurrying to his life pod. Gripping the sides of the seat until his knuckles were white, and holding his eyes closed, Ethan was nearly sick at the lurch caused by the pods deploying. It was only worse when it hit the water. Slowly getting to his feet, Ethan used the computer pad to first check the atmosphere outside. Air, breathable. Temperature, safe. He didn’t have a clue where he was, but at least the air wouldn’t kill him. Opening the hatch with some effort, he climbed out of the pod, only to be greeted with the sight of water everywhere.

He saw no other life pods, no other signs of life...this was impossible. All the pods had been deployed in roughly the same location so there should have been at least one nearby. Dropping back into the pod, Ethan used the comms to try and locate anyone else.

“Anyone else out there? This is…” He paused, taking a moment to look down at the badge pinned to his coat. “L753. Please come in.” He hoped that someone got the message.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:13 pm 

just passing through

Felix practically jumped when a message came over the comm “L753 I read you this is life pod 6 My life pod seems to have taken damage in some way that it sunk below the surface please stand by” Felix walk away from the comm this is why all the life pods were supplied with dive suits. Felix got into the dive suit and looked up at the hatch “alright guess it’s time for a swim” he knew that once he opened the hatch the life pod would be flooded. Felix pushed open the hatch of the life pod and went into the water this planet was strange is was unlike anything he had ever seen he decided to make his way to the surface and see what was going on once at the surface Felix could see a life pod a short distance away maybe the one that he had gotten the message from. Felix looked around to see if there were any other life pods around the area but he couldn’t see any life pods around this was not possible they all should have been really close by each other. Felix went below the surface to see if there were any others below the surface when he hadn’t seen any others around he decided to head towards the life pod that he was near. Swimming to the lower hatch in the life pod Felix could see the person inside Felix didn’t want to scare the poor guy but he had no other option Felix knocked on the hatch to get the person’s attention but he kept looking around himself to make sure there was nothing dangerous around him.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:37 pm 

Ethan waited, pacing the small area of the pod until the comms came to life.

“Lifepod 6! Are you okay?” He hoped the man was okay, though he was unsure of who it was. Everyone on board had been assigned to a different section of pods and Ethan didn’t have a clue where anyone but the other scientists had been placed. He wasn’t sure what the man meant by ‘stand by’, it wasn’t as though he was going anywhere any time soon. Ethan was incredibly grateful that his own life pod hadn’t sunk, he was certain he would have been in a panic had that happened. It was bad enough being stranded on the surface of a watery planet, let along at the bottom of it.

Waiting, Ethan began to worry that something bad had happened when the comms remained silent. Reaching for the comm, Ethan intended to try and contact Lifepod 6 again when a knocking at the lower hatch had him jumping up and feeling as though he were going to have a heart attack. Clutching his chest, Ethan calmed down enough to gesture for the man to swim to the surface. Grabbing a rope from the emergency kit, he secured one end to the seat before climbing to the top with the other.

When the man whom he assumed was from Lifepod 6 surfaced, Ethan tossed the rope to him.

“It’s secure! You can climb up!” He called to him, scooting back to give the man room.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:42 pm 

just passing through

Felix swam up to the surface as the person inside the pod had instructed and waited till he said the rop was secure. Felix took a hold of the rop and climbed up to the top of the life pod Felix dropped down into the life pod “sorry for the unannounced appearance I just wanted to be sure that you were safe and that I wasn’t just hearing things over the coms. Felix looked at the man in the life pod “sorry where are my manners I’m Felix engineer on the ship.

Felix looked around the life pod he began to worry that there weren't any other survivors of the crash he had a bad feeling that they were the only ones left alive but even if they weren’t he didn’t suspect that the others would survive long without any proper training. Felix was not sure how anyone on the ship would be able to survive out there he wanted to know if people were safe to know if they were not the only ones out here.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:48 pm 

Climbing back down into the lifepod where there would be less chance of falling into the surrounding water, Ethan waited for the man to climb the rope and join him. He must have been from the ship, otherwise why would he be here, and on the frequency of their lifepods? It still amazed the scientist that the ship had been so large that he still hadn’t met everyone that had worked on it.

When the man apologized for his sudden appearance, Ethan waved him off.

“Don’t worry about it, just wasn’t expecting it is all. Heck, I wasn’t expecting any of this to happen.” He said with a quiet laugh.

“I’m Ethan Lawrence, one of the scientists who was rarely seen outside the labs.” He watched Felix for a moment, wondering what was going through the engineer’s head when the comm began to crackle with what must have been a message trying to get through.

Rushing for the comm, Ethan picked it up, desperate to find out if anyone else had survived.

“Hello? Hello? Is anyone there?” He waited for a reply, hoping to connect with more crew members, but instead was met with the sound of creaking metal, and some unidentified noise that didn’t sound like any human voice, or equipment he knew of. As the comm went dead again, Ethan turned to Felix.

“Any idea what that was?” He asked, forcing the tremble from his voice the best he could.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:03 am 

just passing through

Felix rubbed his neck “I wasn’t expecting any of these either but I guess there is not much to do if we had expected it and it is nice to meet you Ethan” Felix looked around the life pod and didn’t know what to think about all of this he was just glad the life pod was still working.

Felix walked closer to the comm and listened in on the panicked message followed by the sound of metal creaking and a horrible sound that Felix did not want to know what it belonged to. Felix stared in horror at the comm for a few minutes before looking back at Ethan “I don’t know and I don’t think I want to know Ethan.” Felix did not like the idea that whatever they heard over the comm was could tear through the life pods hull. Felix came beside Ethan and placed a hand of Ethan’s shoulder.

“Ethan I know you don’t want to hear this but we have to leave this life pod and head out into the sea and find safer shelter because whatever that was can destroy this life pod easily I know I’m asking a lot but I just want you to trust me Ethan if we work together we maybe able to help each other and maybe even live long enough to get rescued. Felix waited for an answer from Ethan to know what there next step would be in order to survive this planet.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:35 pm 

Ethan wasn’t trained for field survival. He was a scientist, he practically lived in the lab! Simulations, experiments, research, he could do that! This? This was something completely out of his league! It didn’t help that the guy he was with, Felix seemed just as horrified about what they had just heard. Maybe a small part of him had just been hoping that this guy, an engineer, would have some plan, some idea of what to do, what was going on, but he seemed just as lost as he was. Neither one of them were trained for this.

The scientist jumped a little when he felt the hand on his shoulder. He turned to look up to Felix, wondering what the man was thinking. But when he was informed as to just what he was thinking, Ethan regretted it.

“You’re correct in stating that was not what I wanted to hear.” Ethan answered, trying to laugh a little. “How do we even know there’s shelter out there? All I’ve seen is more water. We could just end up as that thing’s snack without the hassle of tearing through this.” He gestured to the pod.

“What if there’s nothing out there and this is just suicide?” He asked, looking out of the small window at the darkness below. He hated to think about what was down there, especially after hearing those noises, and the idea of going out there was not sitting well with him. But what other option did they have?

“I guess we’ve really only got two options. Wait and die here, or go out there and hope to survive a little longer.”