All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:03 pm 

just passing through

Blog: View Blog (1)

Johnny and his friends were on the road again this was the third time this month that they were on the road Johnny did not know the town they were heading to but it didn't really matter Johnny stood up and walked over to the table at on end of the bus and joined in the game that his friends were playing. "so Mark do you know anything about where we are heading other than it is called Gotham" Johnny sighed when Mark shook his head to say that he did not have any other information on it Mark looked up from his cards at Johnny "I'm just glad that this jump is a lot less dangerous than your last one" the other guys around the table laughed at little at Mark's point Johnny had been for some reason making his jumps more dangerous one of them was particularly scary because that Johnny had actually done killed himself until he got up and was help out of the ring by the paramedics.

Johnny smirked at Mark "come on were any of them that bad like really I'm still here aren't I" Mark and the rest of his friends did not speak up or question him about anything else as they continued on their long drive to Gotham city. after a couple of games of cards Johnny stood up and sat down in one of the chairs he decided to get some sleep before they got there because tomorrow was going to be a big day for all of them. a little while later Mark had woken Johnny up but not with out being punch "Oh I'm sorry Mark you okay" Mark nodded to say that he was fine and they walked off the bus and started to walk towards the stadium where the jump would take place. Johnny was impressed it was a little smaller than the other places he had jumped but he liked it none the less "it's nice good job Mark" Johnny and his friends then set out to find a hotel to spend the rest of the night.

The next morning Johnny and his friends made their way back to the arena and spoke to the manager of the place after that was all done Johnny went and unloaded his bike and made his way into the stadium hoping the weather was going to hold today was going to be a great day from doing this jump. Johnny and Mark made their own preparations for the show Johnny did a final check of his bike and then decided to get suited up while Mark dealt with the managers and the other employees that worked here getting the stadium ready for today.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:43 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Dick had woken up a little later than usual, bruises fully formed from the pummeling he had taken last night at the hands of Gotham's baddies. Hair still messed from sleep, and still in his pajamas, the young hero made his way downstairs for breakfast. As he slid into the seat and pulled the box of boring and very plain cereal towards himself (both Bruce and Alfred keeping him far away from the good sugary stuff), Dick noticed the paper folded up neatly next to Bruce's usual place. The older man was probably still asleep unless he had had some meeting or some other work related thing today that Alfred had reminded him of with the dramatic reveal of the sunlight streaming through thrown back curtains.

Opening the paper, Dick scanned through the articles, not really seeing anything that caught his attention until one ad, nearly a full page in size, stopped the young acrobat's fingers already posed to flip the page. The image depicted a man on a motorcycle making some death defying jump with his name underneath in flaming letters. Cereal forgotten, Dick snatched up the paper and ran back up the stairs to Bruce's room, hoping the man was in fact still here. 

Pushing the door open, Dick was greeted by the darkness inside, and the sound of someone sleeping undisturbed...until now at least. Taking a running start, Dick jumped onto the bed, shaking the sleeping figure awake.

"Bruce! Wake up! You need to look at this!" The sound of crinkling paper soon joined the boys voice as he shoved the pages closer to the man. "We have to go! Please." A hint of begging was added to the plea.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:46 am 

just passing through

Johnny Blaze was working on his bike that he didn’t hear Mack come into the room “hey Mack how are things going on out there are we nearly ready for the show” Mack kind of laughed at Johnny's question “of course we are ready just came in to check in on you Johny”. Johny came out from under the bike and wiped his hand off on a rag “looks like we are actually almost ready here” Johnny was excited about this show it was one of his safer jumps of his entire season. Johnny stood up and looked around the room “how about we all go and get something to eat before the show I saw a couple of restaurants around here so we won’t be to far away just in case we are needed here” Mack looked down at his watch “alright I guess we have a few hours to kill so sure why not” Jhonny smiled and walked over to Mack who went out the door and Johnny followed him they made there way to a restaurant just a little bit away from the stadium.

Bruce had come home from a long night he had not been woken up by Alfred just yet Bruce had heard the door to his room open but did not think anything of it until he heard the voice of greyson “what is it Greyson” Bruce woke up and saw the boy was holding a paper Bruce took the paper it was the ad for a show that was going on at the stadium this evening. Bruce didn’t think that he had any meetings for today but he was not sure Bruce sat up in the bed “we’ll we have to wait and see if I have any meetings to go to for today” Bruce got out of bed and got dressed then making his way down stairs. Bruce walked into the dinning room and took a seat at the table and started to read the paper “Alfred do you know if I have any meetings for today”.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:36 pm 

At Bruce’s inquiry into what had Dick waking him up so early, Dick was fully prepared to explain, although a little quickly.

“It’s a bike show by this guy who does these insane jumps and has really cool stunts and we just have to go, we just have to!” His words ran into one another, creating a long line of what may have been words but were spoken much to fast for someone to really understand, especially someone who was just waking up. He gladly let Bruce take the picture and look over the ad he had seen.

As Bruce sat up, Dick scooted further back until he perched on the edge of the bed. Blue eyes never leaving the man. His grin fell as Bruce mentioned the possibility of having meetings to attend.

“But you always have meetings! Can’t you cancel for just one day?” He begged. Any answer he was forced to wait for as Bruce got up and began getting ready. Dick left the room, making his way to his own to change out of his pajamas, meeting Bruce on the way down to the dining room.

“Come on, even if you do have meetings there are 364 other days you can have them on. Surely you can take one day off!” Dick continued to beg until Bruce began reading the paper, knowing he would get no answer from the man until he was done.

Alfred filled a mug with coffee and placed it in front of Bruce.

“Good morning Master Bruce, it’s nice to see that I didn’t have to be the one to wake you up this morning.” The butler chuckled, sending a wink in Dick’s direction. “I believe you have at least three scheduled for today sir, although your secretary called earlier asking to speak with you. She wouldn’t give me any details but I assured her you would call back.” Alfred left a piece of paper with a number on it beside the coffee and proceeded to fix up a plate for the man.

Dick heard all of this and he looked more and more like a kicked puppy. Of course there were meetings, of course there were problems. Sinking in his seat Dick accepted the fact that he would not be seeing the show that night. Bruce Wayne was just too busy for that sort of thing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:45 pm 

just passing through

Johnny Blaze and his friends payed for their meal and then started to make there way back to the stadium to make final changes and preparations for the show. Johnny walked to his dressing room just to have sometime to himself because while they were at the restaurant a couple of people had come over to their table and started to ask questions about the crew but mostly about Johnny Mack had asked them to leave after the questions had gotten a little personal for Johnny. Johnny walked around the room pacing trying to clear his mind to get back to be focused on the show tonight and not on what had happened in the past with his father and the events that had followed shortly after. Mack had came in to check on him every so often to make sure he was okay Johnny had always said that he was fine and that he didn’t need to check on him.

Bruce picked up the piece of paper with the number on it Bruce wondered what she would need to talk to him about Bruce decided that he would call her back in a few minutes. Bruce turned his attention to Greyson he knew that he really wanted to see the show this evening “I won’t make any promises but I will see what I can do about the meetings and see if I can postpone them so you can go to the show” Bruce didn’t really want to promise anything but he still needed to find out what his secretary wanted. Bruce stood up and pulled out his cell phone and dialed the number Alfred had given him. After a short talk on the phone Bruce sat back down at the table the secretary had phoned to tell him that the meetings were postponed till tomorrow because most of the staff that needed to be there were unable to come. Bruce put his cell phone back in his pocket and looked at greyson “well I guess we are going to see the show after all Greyson”.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:52 pm 

Playing with the edge of the tablecloth, Dick had accepted the fact that he would need to find some other way to occupy himself that night, at least until it was time to go out on patrol. He really should have known that something like this would happen. He heard Bruce speaking to him, saying he would do what he could to clear up his schedule, but didn’t get his hopes up. Simply nodding, Dick sat up in his chair and poked at the breakfast Alfred had placed before him. Dick watched Bruce get up from under the hair that had fallen in his face, making no move to push it aside.

Alfred also watched Bruce leave, placing the call, and turned to Dick, telling him to eat his food before it got cold as the butler picked up a tray and carried it into the kitchen to wash, refilling Bruce’s coffee mug as he passed. Dick continued to poke at his food, his cheek propped on his hand as he waited for Bruce to come back to deliver the bad news.

Hearing the man returning, Dick mentally prepared himself for the let down. What he heard instead had him dropping his fork and sitting up straight in his seat, wide eyed as he looked at Bruce.

“Really! Like, no joke?” Jumping up from his seat, Dick nearly tripped over the chair leg as he rushed to hug Bruce.

“This is amazing! Thank you!”

Alfred watched from the door, smiling at his two charges before making his presence known.

“Master Bruce, master Dick, both school and work won’t wait forever.” Alfred said, handing Dick his backpack, and Bruce his briefcase. Dick slung his bag over his shoulder, thanking Alfred as he passed the man.

“So no going back on this, you said we could go to the show, we have to go.” Dick said to Bruce, meeting the man’s eye as he did.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:00 am 

just passing through

Johnny Blaze stood at the sink in the corner in the room he was in when Mack came in to check on him again. “You sure your fine Johnny because it seems like what happened at the restaurant got to you and I just want to be sure you still want to do this jump tonight because if not we can cancel the show tonight.” Johnny let go of the sink and walked over to Mack “like I told you I’m fine Mack I was just not expecting that is all.” Mack nodded none of them had been expecting that to happen“How about you go relax at the hotel room and I’ll send someone to go get you and hour before showtime you could really use some rest.” Johnny just laughed at Mack’s remark when have you actually see me relax before a show you should know me better than that”. Mack looked up at Johnny “look I do know you but you need to get out of this room and at least try and clear your head come on Johnny just do this one thing.” Johnny looked around the room then to the clock “fine Mack but I’m not promising anything” Johnny grabbed his hat from the chair nearby and made his way out of the stadium and headed towards the hotel. Once at the hotel Johnny made his way to the bed and laid down and just stared at the ceiling then placing his hat over his eyes and fell asleep.

Bruce looked at Grayson no it’s not a joke Bruce hugged grayson your welcome grayson even if I did have a meeting today I’m sure I would have found a way to get out of it for you.” Bruce then turned to face Alfred and took his briefcase your right Alfred and we better get going if we’re to get there on time. Bruce laughed at what Grayson had said of course we will go to the show this evening so don’t worry. Bruce took the keys for the lamborghini and headed out the door “Thanks again Alfred we will see you later tonight” Bruce started the car and started to drive towards Grayson’s school “alright Grayson I will be picking you up after school and then we will head to the show have a good day at school Grayson.” After watching Grayson go inside the school Bruce made his way to Wayne Enterprises and then made his way to the top floor to meet with his friend Lucius. “Good morning Lucius anything planned for today.” Lucius smiled and Bruce “not much really just a bit of paperwork to get done and one staff meeting today then not really anything because mostly everyone is planning on going to that new show this evening”. Bruce found that intriguing “so it seems that this guy is the most interesting thing to happen in Gotham now than.” Lucius laughed “yep some guy thinks that he can’t die and dose even more dangerous jumps he has crashed many time one was so bad they had to cancel the rest of his tour for the season. Bruce didn’t like the idea of going to this show to see someone risk their lives even though he did that literally every night this just seemed different somehow “Ya me a Grayson are planning on going to see the show as well.” Lucius looked over at Bruce from his desk “really didn’t think it would be your type of thing.” Bruce laughed “it’s not but Grayson wants to go so I’m going with him.” Lucius nodded “of course well you two have fun with that.”

A few hours later

Johnny was woken up by a knock at the door which he met with a groan but that didn’t make the person not knock on the door again before coming in the room “Hey Johnny Mack sent me to come get you” Johnny stayed where he was “I know who and why your here” the person walked towards the bed clearly scared of getting hit or something. Johnny just smiled and swung his legs over the side of the bed then standing beside the person who had come to get him Johnny grabbed his hat and walked towards the door “well let’s get going” Johnny and the other crew members made their way back to the stadium Johnny quickly found Mack “you look more nervous than I feel. Mack gave a nervous laugh “well we both have a reason to be by the way your bike is ready and the show will begin soon let’s get this show on the road.” Johnny made his way to his room and changed into his outfit and made his way to the bike and waited for his que. Ladies and gentlemen we are proud to welcome the one the only Johnny Blaze today Johnny will be making a jump over 80 semi trucks.” Jhonny made his way up the launch ramp after that Johnny thought back to the events that had lead up to this moment even when he made the deal with the devil that had changed everything. Johnny didn’t remember coming up on the other ramp short which caused the bike to toss him off the last thing Johnny remembered was hitting the ground hard and then the sounds of the ambulance and the shout’s for Mack calling his name then everything went black.

Bruce made his way out of the building and walked towards his car then made his way to pick Grayson up at the school “so anything interesting happen to today or was it just like every other day”. Bruce waited for an answer from Grayson as they made their way to the stadium which advertised the show going on tonight Bruce and Grayson walked upto the ticket booth and Bruce purchased two tickets for the show. They than ordered snacks and drinks to have for the show then making their way to their seat Bruce heard the PA system announce the main attraction for the night they made it to their seats intime to watch the man drive up the ramp everything was going fine until he got to the other ramp the back wheel catching the end of the ramp flipping the bike and sending the rider to the ground the people around Bruce and Grayson were panicking trying to find out if the rider was alright the PA came back on to tell everyone to start leaving the stadium. Bruce turned to Grayson who was still in his seat staring at the unconscious rider on the ground of the stadium “Grayson are you okay” Bruce waited for an answer from Grayson as people continued to shout and accidently shove each other trying to leave their seats and head outside.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:28 pm 

By the time the school day was over, Dick was more than ready to leave. He had already been excited for the show tonight so the idea of sitting through classes didn’t help in the slightest, but then along with that came the usual bullies. He was sitting on the steps with his bag at his feet when the familiar car pulled up and Dick dropped into the front seat.

“Just the usual.” He muttered in reply to Bruce’s question, his gaze focused out the window as he played with the hem of his shirt, having changed out of his school uniform and washed most of the gel from his hair. “Why do people have to be so dumb?” The boy finally said, leaning his head back onto the seat and turning just enough to look to Bruce.

Thankfully the sight of the stadium and all the people there took Dick’s mind off of school and by the time they were lining up for their tickets he was back to his usual energetic self. It all sort of reminded Dick of the circus when he was growing up. The ticket booth, the snacks, the crowds. A pang of guilt and sadness hit him as they took their seats.

Dick sat close to Bruce, occasionally gasping as the man flew from one ramp to the next on his bike. He was really getting into it when the accident happened. One second Dick was watching the man clear the ramp to the thundering applause of the crowd, the next it seemed like time was frozen as people all around them screamed and began to panic. Dick could barely make out what was being said over the speakers, too focused on the unconscious rider on the stadium floor. He nearly missed Bruce asking if he was okay, but when he did snap back, his eyes were teary as he quickly looked to Bruce and shook his head.

“Is he going to be okay?” Dick asked, barely more than a whisper. He was sure Bruce wouldn’t hear it over the chaos that was going on around them. It was his parents all over again. Maybe this wasn’t such a good idea.