All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:08 am 

Been over on Rolplay Repository for a bit. Currently retired.

Blog: View Blog (2)

Cedric watched as Kate climbed out of the lake, He watched the water run from her chemise as it clung tightly to her body. She was right, just as she was right years ago in her room. He slowly climbed out of the lake and sat beside her. Her voice sounded soft and gentle, even as it carried her excitement. Cedric lost himself in her words as he caressed her shoulder with his hand, sliding it down her back and around her waist. Protector of Lord Lyon's daughter? A position in the King's Royal Guard? Cedric asked,
"Ask Lord Lyon to be your protector? I.... I will. Do you think asking at the knighting ceremony. Do you think he will agree?"
Cedric let his fingers play with the wet silk chemise hem by her hip as he thought. he then asked her,
"Will Lord Lyon not arrange your marriage for political gain?"
He thought of his rank of junior officer from a common family, and took a deep breath. He smiled and looked to Kate and said,
"You are fortunate to have such a loving father."

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
-Piter DeVries

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when my fear is gone I will turn and face fear's path, and only I will remain.
-Paul Atreides

~My RP Resume~ ~ ~My Characters~

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:36 am 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Kate hugged him with his excitement. She wrung the water from her clothes, "Yes. He wants me to marry who I love. He did. Father, as you may know, was born a nobleman. My Grandfather gave him the title upon his deathbed. Papa loved mama. I never understood her death."

Kate tensed her face thinking, "Sorry, I am trying to remember all I want to say to you. This is remembering a speech. I want to see you every day. The king's guards take rotating shifts and we have weekends together. Oh. I remember. Jon. He has become a problem. I can not talk to my friends since has returned. He asked Papa to keep me confined to my room. Cedric, he is paranoid an orc is under my bed, in the closet, and in the privy. We go outside and he patrols around the manor before I can get on my mare. I am going crazy. I am trying to be patient. Seriously, I cannot go into a room without him doing a recon. I need breathing space. I know enough destruction magic to protect myself. I do not want to miss the tree lighting ceremony, exotic performers, and revelry. Ice skating is my favorite thing. It was."

She kissed his cheek, "Kissing you is now my favorite. You have always been a part of me. Ever since the day you arrived you have seemed lost. I want you to feel loved. I want you in my life every day. You deserve to be happy."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:24 pm 

Cedric did not ask of her mother when they went into her garden, and was concerned about the way Jon has been treating his sister. He shivered as she kissed his cheek, and he looked to her and said,
“I did not know about how Jon was treating you. When you go to the university, Jon will not be there. You will have more freedom.”
He smiled as his fingers played with a loose lock of her hair. He went to say,
“Know Lady Kate, that being in your presence, to be able to talk and to touch you, to see your eyes looking at me, to hear your voice talking, it brings me much happiness. You have helped me so much Kate….”
His hand slid around her neck and he drew her close, slowly kissing her tender lips. He then looked into her eyes for a moment before kissing her longer and with more intensity. When they broke, he whispered,
“I think kissing you is my favourite thing to do. I will do what I need to do to get this posting. I will be lost no more Kate, not if I have you in my life.”
Hi hand slid from her neck and caressed down her shoulder, and down her arm until their fingers entwined. Cedric sighed and had to ask,
“Do you think we will be missed at the ball? Will Jon be looking for you?”
He raised her hand to his lips and gently kissed her fingers.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:10 pm 

She pressed her lips to his and squeezed his hand, "We should go back. I do not want to. I will be a terrible hostess. I had to see you. May I ask for you? The King stays at the Coach and Six during Winterfest. Can I ask Papa tonight?"

She lifted her legs onto the edge and pushed herself up. She waved her hands over her body and stepped on rock pavers to the swing. She picked up her dress and turned around wearing it. "It my hair alright? I tried not to get it wet."

She looked up and saw him in only his underclothes over his pelvis, "Opps. My you have grown in more ways than one. You look amazing since last summer. New cook or harder training or both?"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:44 am 

Cedric smiled as she asked about her hair.
“Yes, your hair is beautiful. You look as shining as the moment you came down the stairs dear Kate.”
He stood, not really trying to hide himself from her eyes. He started to get dressed when he saw Kate starting at him. He stood tall, and smiled,
“They feed the wounded well to get them to recover., and I had to work out as part of my rehabilitation, so I would say it was both.”
He thought he was back together, and he walked over to Kate and said,
“Yes please, you ask your father. I will do what I have to do in hopes he sees this our way.”
They started to leave this beautiful place, but Cedric paused and turned Kate around. He smiled and said,
“Thank you dear Kate! I think this time here has helped heal me.”

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:41 pm 

Kate hugged him, "I knew you needed this. The pool, the water comes from springs dragon used to long before us. When the weather is warmer, I will take you to a special cave under to 500-acre lake. When we return the excuse is you needed healing. I am sure things are as if we never left. I never gave myself a dance card. The rest of the dances are with you. I invited friends that have interest in the other officers. There is no competition for us. Not for me. You have not seen the last of Marcus. I do not hate him but I despise him. He thinks I have to accept a promise to his mother. That promise died with my mother. I have never liked Marcus. He is an ass and treats others horribly. Please be careful he does not force your hand. We both know he deserves it. If you can arrange it, please find someone to unseat Jon, he needs to bested in the Spring Tournament. I am tired of his boating winning for three years in a row. I want you to promise you will not challenge him."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:47 am 

“I thank thee Lady Kate. I wish t come back and see this cave with you sometime.”
Cedric listened to Kate talk of its history, and he was curious if Marcus was friends with Jon. Cedric did not wish to promise he would not challenge him in the tournaments, but he would definitely stand in challenge of Marcus. What if he and Jon are the finalists in the single combat event? He said,
“My lady Kate, I will not challenge Jon directly, and I doubt I am good enough to make the final in single combat, but as he seems to always win, and I too am a finalist, we will have to face off.”

As they headed through the chilly garden toward the terrace stair to return to the ballroom, Cedric asked,
“I will love spending the rest of the evening dancing with you, but surely others will wish to dance with you? You are the most beautiful! May I ask of your lady friends? Maybe I could help guide a couple of my junior officer comrades to a couple of them?”

As they were coming up the stairs, Jon was standing by the top, watching them approach.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:36 am 

"You may dance with whom you like. I would like the last dance with you. Thank you. Before we part, do you mind coming with me or would you rather I asked Papa in private? I am not sure Jon has noticed her, Samantha has had her eye on him for several years. She is too shy to ask him. Think a little nudge from you might help. He will only laugh at me. I am trying to avoid him."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:47 am 

Cedric looked at Kate and said, “Maybe I could dance with Samantha when I see Jon out on the dance floor, and I change partners, putting Samantha in Jon’s arms?”
Cedric caressed Kate’s back and said in a low voice, “As I had the first dance with you, I will have the last dance with you. There may be some in the middle with you too. I will come with you m’lady.”
Cedric would have to speak with Jon, and hopefully he would relax and give his sister some room to breath.

-Piter DeVries

And when my fear is gone I will turn and face fear's path, and only I will remain.
-Paul Atreides

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:45 am 

Kate silently giggled as Cedric took Samantha the dance floor and before Jonathan. The girl was taken by surprise. The couple looked at each other a moment with their mouths open. Jon led her to the dance floor stiffly and she smiled and he relaxed. Kate waited by the fireplace for Cedric and grabbed his hand. She led him to her father, "Papa, may we speak to you in private, please?"

Lyons saw they were hand and hand and excused himself from Lord and Lady Bergstrom. He opened the great mahogany doors to his study in the main hall and closed it behind Cedric. "Please, sit down. Katie."
Kate sat in a green-winged back chair in front of the fireplace. Lions stood in front of the fireplace and motioned for Cedric to enter, "Enter Lieutenant. Would you like a glass of brandy?"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:32 pm 

Cedric was nervous, but quickly nodded as he said to Lord Lyon,

"Yes sir. Brandy would be good sir."

Lord Lyon poured a bit in a snifter and handed it to Cedric. When Cedric tried to take the glass, Lord Lyon held fast to it. His eyes looked hard at Cedric, and he asked,

"Tell me Cedric, why have you come here with my daughter? It is no secret that you two disappeared from the ballroom for some time."

Cedric swallowed and looked sidelong to Kate, but looked back to Lord Lyon and said,

"We took a walk in the garden, though winter's cold tugged at us. I have come to ask to be your appointed protector of Lady Kate."

Lord Lyon let the glass slip from his hand and Cedric took it. He looked at Kate before looking back at Cedric, he said,

"Only a Royal Guard will be appointed to that position. And that you are not."

Cedric looked at the brandy and swirled it slightly before he said,

"But I do have front line experience sir, and if it is to the frontier where you wish me to go again, I will dutifully go. But know that I would not fail on this duty of which I ask should you see it in yourself to grant it."

Lord Lyon took a breath and looked at Kate who had so far been silent. He turned back to Cedric and said,

"You may leave. I wish to speak to my daughter alone."
"As you wish sir."

Cedric downed the brandy in one throw and set the glass on Lord Lyon's desk and turned to leave...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:40 am 

Kate rose and gently squeezed Cedric's his hand and forearm, "Papa, what you have to say can be said to us both. I cannot bear to be around Jon and Cedric is just as qualified. Please, I wish Cedric to be my companion and protector. I want him to accompany me to all Winterfest activities. He was your champion in battle. He deserves a holiday. I have never interfered with your soldiers. Besides, I befriended Cedric as a child. He was taken into training while I was at Mage School. I was told not to interfere. I kept my distance. I want time to get to know him again. Papa, Jon needs time to recover."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:10 am 

Lord Lyon looked at Kate then back at Cedric who had paused hearing her petition to her father. But Cedric would not disobey Lord Lyon in this despite Kate's protest. He stepped outside the door and stood there, listening to the muffled words between Lord Lyon and Kate...

"Dear daughter, I feel you are safer with your brother watching over you. Though you have known Cedric for many years, do you think he only has friendship in mind? I have seen how he looks at you."

He paused as he saw tears welling up in Kate's eyes. He sighed as he turned away from her and looked at a portrait of his wife.... her mother, on the wall. As if asking her for advice, he stood silent for a moment. He said as he heard Kate starting to sob,

"You are right. Jon does need to recover. He does need different duties..... Tell me dear Kate, tell me again what it is you desire, and tell me why Cedric?"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:56 pm 

Kate felt Cedric move and she let go before he started speaking. She wached her love leave and she faced her father, "Papa, my desire is to live in town, have my own practice and apothecary shop. Cedric is not like other males. He arrived a shy and alone. He has the respect of his superiors and subordinates. He is not conceited and I see no malice in him. He rose through his abilities not licking boots. I do not want to be a trophy because I am a lords daughter. I listen to Jon when he interacts with other young men. I have not found one that I desire more. Cedric has not shown a desire for power. I want time to get to know him. I find him capable of handling his emotions under duress. He has been tested. Not once has he lost his temper on the proving ground or gone off half-cocked. I have never seen him throw a weapon in frustration or take out emotions on his peers. I need to stay focused when about town. I need to be comfortable who I am with when I am away from the manor. Cedric has all the qualities of a gentleman. I detest arrogance and deceit."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:35 am 

Lord Lyon heard the plea of her daughter, yet he knew she was only 16 and was emotional and may not be thinking clearly. He sighed as he took his daughter’s hand. They stepped before the portrait of his wife and her mother, and they were silent as the looked upon her. Finally, Lord Lyon said,
“I will have to defer to your mother on this. You are your mother’s daughter, as Jon is his father’s son. Your spirit comes from her my dear Kate, and who am I to keep you caged and watched as if a house pet. You know Jon only wants the best for you. Maybe his methods are a bit extreme, but he loves you as I do.”

He gave Kate a hug, and Lord Lyon knew that his precious baby has become a woman in her mother’s stead. If her mother could not follow her dreams at this age, he would not stand in the way of their daughter finding hers. If Cedric being her protector w.as a step that helped her to find her dreams, then he would not deny it. He squeezed Kate’s shoulder and said,

“I will assign Cedric to the Royal Guard, and I will talk with Cedric at length to see if he is worthy to be the Protector of my daughter. I have not decided that he will be, but you will know after our talk.”

He gave Kate a kiss on her forehead, and he looked at his baby becoming a young woman in his eyes. He wiped a tear from the corner of her eyes, and said,

“Go and tell Cedric that I officially summon him to confer about his immediate assignment.”

Kate hugged her father before turning to go to the door. Lord Lyon watched as she walked quickly to the door as his hand felt damp. He thought about it for a moment and shrugged.
Kate pushed through the door and found Cedric standing there in the hall. Kate threw herself in his arms and kissed him long. She said,
“Papa wants to talk to you about your future!”
Cedric tensed after enjoying for the moment Kate’s kiss, he turned to face Lord Lyon once again.

-Piter DeVries

-Paul Atreides

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:30 pm 

Lyons breathed deeply as he stood beside the fireplace and watch Kate fall into the arms of the young lieutenant. He had not heard Kate even mention she had affection for anyone. He motions for the young lad to enter, "Come in Lieutenant and close the door. How long have you and Katie been lovers? She never mentioned you. I deserve a better explanation. The way I see it. You have one dance and she fallen in love?"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:07 am 

Cedric felt the heat inside him. He had always been infatuated with Kate, and he has deep feelings for her, but to call it love, he did not know what love was. Kate’s outward expression of her affection would easily be seen by a protective father of his daughter that she had indeed fallen in love. He had to say something, and soon.
“We knew each other as children, but she was quite sheltered then, so we spent little time playing together then. But I have always loved Kate even then, for her spirit awakened many things inside me, and helped me be to see many things inside myself. But we have never been lovers sir…”
“What I see is a young girl showing young girl love toward you, and she wants you around her all the time. Tell me Cedric, how do you resist her should you be in her presence all the time?”
Lord Lyon cut in. Cedric restrained taking a deep breath, keeping his breaths steady. He said,
“I only have the highest respect for Kate, and for you sir. As for this night and my return to your manor, we shared a dance, we shared a walk and we shared long talks of many things. What she said is her desire in life, and she is happy that its within grasp should you allow it. That she wishes me to be her protector has more to do with her wanting you to know she would be safe while away. I would see to it that she is protected and would forfeit my life to protect her.”
There was a prolonged awkward silence as Lord Lyon turned away to look at the portrait of his wife. He finally said without turning around,
“You are dismissed lieutenant.”
Cedric paused only slightly before saluting and turning and walking to the door in near perfect military discipline. He opened the door and stepped out, closing it behind him. He looked at Kate but was expressionless. Lord Lyon would decide to set Kate free to spread her wings, or keep her caged until she rebelled against him.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:15 pm 

Kate waited outside the door and searched Cedric's face. She held him by the arm and led him to the food table, "Cedric, he did not give an answer. We made an effort and he knows where we stand. He's tried to find me suitors and my heart is with you. Do not feel anything towards Papa. Cheer up! You know how I feel. Papa will give his answer when ready. This is a good night. Be happy this night. Your alive and well. I love you. You are allowed to enjoy yourself. Soon you will be knighted and all your hard work will be rewarded. Tonight is ours."

She went through the buffet line and got food for him. "We can eat in the parlor. I have friends I want you to meet. On the way she had placed a dance card for him under the table. She picked it up and handed it to Cedric. "This is for you. These are special friends of mine that are good dancers, friendly, and not boring."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:19 am 

Cedric smiled at Kate as they went to the table. He picked a glass of wine and a glass of water from a passing serving maid’s tray as he turned to see Kate sitting at a table and getting something. He went over and leaned over her shoulder and whispered close to her ear,

Would m’lady like something to drink?’

He sat down beside her and said as he set his wine glass down on the table, and the water glass before Kate.

“I do not know if your father would allow you to have any wine.” He sipped his wine and looked back at her,

“You know I love you Kate. I want to get into this position with you. I hope your father decides I am worthy of it."

He slipped a quick kiss to her cheek before sitting back and seeing what she decided taking the dance card from Kate. He read the names and look around the ballroom, then reached his hand over to Kate and asked,

“Tell me of your friends Kate. Is this one approaching our table now?”

Cedric smiled at the young lady as she approached.

-Piter DeVries

-Paul Atreides

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:10 am 

Kate set her plate down as a footman pushed her chair in. Kate turned to him, "Thank you. Ann has your supper. Please go eat. I will be alright. The tables are lovely Thank everyone for me."

Kate turned and faced Cedric, "I always greet my footman. They are people too. Yes. Hot Spiced Apple cider. Yes, Papa allows it. I do not drink at dances. It just makes me sleepy. I like to stay up till midnight. I usually have a wine at dinner and occasionally apple brady when sick or toasting with Papa. How is the wine you are having? It is a select vintage from King Atrious's vineyards a few miles away. Careful go easy. You will wake up with a hangover. Be sure you drink plenty of water to avoid feeling horrid tomorrow morning. Two to three glasses of water for every glass of wine. Your fellow officers will wonder why you are not sick."

Kate drank half her water and set her glass down, "I know your nerves are on edge. Speaking to Papa did not help. He means well, and I wish he was more attentive towards you. I fear it maybe because you’re an elf. The rumors your may have heard are true. Papa was born a slave and his master was my grandfather. My grandfather gave Papa his name and title to the shire. King Atrious made Papa his advisor years ago. They were comrades together and once Papa became a knight and soldier. Cedric never challenge him. He fought in the pits and those styles of fighting are different from soldering. No. Not even Jon knows how to pit fight. Papa will not teach anyone. What I am telling you is no secret. You will understand when you see how I am treated at court."

Kate kissed his cheek and held his hand under the table, "I love you too. When you are knighted would be a good time to ask Papa to court me. I know every male in the mage guild and the battle mages among your officers. I desire only you. I do not want to be a royal. I want to live in the garden district either here or in Seville. I know a soldier's life and wish to be among the mage healers."

Kate saw her friend enter the room wearing a long taffeta, pink ball gown with puffy sleeves and ruffled hem dress. She wore a cameo around her neck on a pink satin ribbon and diamond tiara. Her brown hair was braided in a bun, "This one of my best friends Lady Elaine. Her father and mine have known each other many years. Her father has a county manor built by the same architect. Elain is a fellow classmate. She will deny it but is a challenge to me in all areas of studies. Besides, have beautiful brown hair and stunning blue eyes. She loves most of the things I do. She is an accomplished dancer and equestrian. She bests me in horse jumping."