All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:22 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

It had been going on nearly two decades since the fall. The fall that had brought nothing but darkness and decay upon the whole land. It had all started back when the last queen had given birth to her first, and only daughter. The princess had been a gift to the kingdom, a prayer answered by the gods, and a hope for the people. But, it wasn't safe for the infant to remain there. The queen's brother, angry at not having been offered the throne himself had held this against his sister since her reign began, silently hoping a child would never come. And for a long time, it didn't. The princess' birth had thrown a wrench into the plans, and thus had to be taken care of.

With the king gone, having fallen in battle not long before his daughter was born, the queen was the only one who stood in the way. Of course, gossip spreads like wildfire and soon half of the castle was fearing for the lives of their royals. I small group of those closest to the queen gathered the night of the alleged murder to come up with a plan. If anything were to happen to the queen, the princess would need to be protected at all costs. So while the royal guard doubled their posts, a few took the princess in secret while the queen's handmaiden informed her majesty of what was going down.

Under cover of darkness the faun was quick to get the infant away, thankfully while she continued to sleep. He had been given brief instructions as to what to do, and so it was on the eve of the last queen's murder that the princess was found missing, and a new king was elected.

It had been pouring rain when the faun arrived at the agreed upon location. Ringing the doorbell, he stood on the steps waiting for an answer. His hooves clicked on the stone, hidden from view of anyone who passed with a simple illusion. The infant in the basket began to cry, and the faun knocked on the door hoping for an answer. When the door did swing open the faun practically shoved the basket at the woman.

"Keep her safe and my the gods above do not allow her to know her true heritage." The faun warned the pair, taking one last look at the infant. "I will be back."

----------

Seventeen years ago and that memory was still burned into the faun's memory as he stood across the street from those same steps. Seventeen years and it was time for the princess to return as a queen. Knocking on that door was like a flashback, except this time there was no rain, and there was no child.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:56 am 

just passing through

Blog: View Blog (1)

Kayla was sleeping in her room when the annoying sound of her alarm going off she hit the snooze on her alarm clock and started to drift off to sleep before the alarm rang out again Kate hit the snooze again. she really did not want to get up when she looked at the clock she jumped out of bed swearing under her breath she had been late to school to many times she couldn't afford to be late again . Kate ran down the stairs before she heard the voice of her mother tell her not to run down the stairs “sorry mom but I’m late for school” Kate kind of laughed when she heard her mother say “again that’s the fifth time this week” when she got down stairs Kate grabbed her father’s toast before he got to it “sorry to snag a run but I have to get going” Kate loved having a home with a back door it made her run to school so much easier. Kate went out the back making sure to lock it after she went out quickly making her way to school if she was late one more time she would be suspended again. She didn’t want to be late but she just couldn’t seem to get out of the house on time. Kate arrived at school about a miunet late so she was not as late as she originally thought she was Kate walked over to her locker and grabbed to her books for class and walked to her class room for her first class of the day.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:33 pm 

It didn’t take long for the door to be answered and for Balthazar to be allowed in.

“Didn’t think I’d be coming back now did you?” The faun laughed at the shocked expressions on the guardians’ faces. As it turned out, the princess, or Kate as she was called here, had gone to school. This gave Balthazar plenty of time to catch up on the past seventeen years. He learned everything he could, and gave the guardians the rundown on what had been happening back home.

“It was only a matter of time before things got to this point.” Balthazar muttered, stirring the cup of tea he had been given. Checking the clock for at least the tenth time in the past hour alone, the faun sighed.

“What time did you say she would be back again?” The sooner he got the princess back home the better. For all he knew things could have taken a turn for the worst and there would be no home to return to in the time it took to get back. He also knew it was going to be quite the shock for the princess when her entire world she had been raised in turned out to not in fact be her real home, her real parents, or even her real name.

“Damn, I already feel sorry for her.”

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:43 pm 

just passing through

Kate had impressed herself this was the earliest time that she had been sent home for being in a fight with another student Kate walked home she had a black eye and a bruised lip. Kate decided to take a shortcut to get home. Kate walked down an alley near her house it was a path that she always took she looked around the ally nothing was different the same dogs bark at her and the same neighbors yelled at their dogs to be quite. Kate walked to her door and stood their for a moment trying to think of a way for her to tell her parents why she is home early. Kate opened the door to see her parents and a stranger but she felt she had seen him before but couldn’t place it. Kate forgot about what she was going to say and just wanted to find out who this man was here and why he was here.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:49 pm 

Sitting around the kitchen table with a pot of tea, Balthazar began filling the pair of guardian’s in on everything that had been happening back home since they had taken up the position of watching over the princess. Of course, keeping caught up had been much easier back when the kingdom’s citizens were free to move between the realms without having to fear capture. News that once could flow freely to those on either side had become a rare find, leaving both sides in the dark regarding the other.

Balthazar had just finished telling the guardians of the latest violence breaking out in the settlements, mainly at the hands of the king’s men and supporters, when the door opened. All three turned to the door, none of them expected to see Kate standing there. Immediately the guardian ‘mom’ began to ask what had happened, why she was home, if everything was okay, while the ‘dad’ remained at the table with Balthazar.

As the guardians ensured their ‘daughter’ was alright, Balthazar took the looks he was receiving as his cue.

“Well your highness, I hope this isn’t some sort of omen for the future cause we could really use some better luck.” He paused, waiting to see if there would be any questions...and there would no doubt be some. “But where are my manners, I’m Balthazar, your advisor from this realm to the next.”

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:59 am 

just passing through

Kate brushed her parents off of her “I’m fine really I just got into a fight with a girl at school and I was sent home early because of it that’s all kate’s attention was brought to the other man in the room and laughed at what he had said. “Do you really expect me to believe that I’m some sort of princess from a far off land and with a name like that you have officially proved to me that it is not because who would give their son a name like that”. Kate walked past the man and her parents and headed to the stairs to head to her room “I’ll be in my room come and get me when you are all done playing make believe and then I might be able to take you seriously okay”. Kate walked up the stairs and into her room Kate couldn’t believe this her parents were still treating her like a child Kate went over to her bookshelf and repositioned her figure of a dragon and took a book of the shelf and began to reread her favorite story which was how to train your dragon. Kate walked over to her bed and laid down her book in her hands when Kate was young she believe in dragons and wizards but as she grew up she found out that believing in magic was useless because there was no proof of it. Kate sat up and looked around her room would it be so strange to believe in far off worlds Kate pushed the idea back in her mind and walked over to her tv and put the dragon heart movie in it and began to watch the movie it was another one she loved just the idea of sharing a heart with a dragon would be amazing dreaming of the adventures they would have. Kate didn’t really want to bring it up but as she grew up she felt as if she was missing something like she was not complete yet but she didn’t know what is was.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:28 pm 

Getting into fights at school, sure, maybe not the best skill to have transfer over, but it could come in useful. At least it showed that the princess wasn’t going to just let someone push her aside. Then again, Balthazar didn’t exactly know the context of the fight, for all he knew it could have been some bratty cat fight and that would get them nowhere.

Her laughing did nothing to prove a point to the advisor. Standing, though it didn’t do much of a difference height wise, Balthazar crossed his arms as he regarded the girl.

“With an attitude like that I’m not surprised your ‘parents’ didn’t treat you like royalty. You’d be getting worse than a stern look if the queen ever heard you.” The faun huffed. Sure, he could take the snark, the sarcasm, and even the insults, but one had better expect to get it right back. “Wouldn’t have been surprised if she had you out cleaning the stables and mistaken for a common stable boy!”

As Kate walked passed and up the stairs, Balthazar turned to her guardians.

“I bet her and her uncle could have an argument loud enough to shake the mountains and have the whole realm up in arms. Geez she’s a snappy one.” Just like her mother had been before her.

The trio waited silently around the table, maybe hoping Kate would venture back down on her own, but when she didn’t, Balthazar began to rummage through his bag. Pulling out a medium sized object wrapped in cloth, he carefully placed in on the table.

“When she comes down, or maybe one of you wants to go see her first, give her this.” The faun flipped the cloth back to expose the iridescent surface of a dragon scale. “It’s the only one we got left, so take care of it. Should be enough to convince her.”

That said, Balthazar bid the pair farewell and once more disappeared into the streets of the city. One second he was there, the next he was gone.