All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:38 am 

Been over on Rolplay Repository for a bit. Currently retired.

Blog: View Blog (2)

(A continuation of a story that started in another RP)

~ ~ ~

When Dawn approached Bree, she slowed her horse Whisper to a stop. She listened and thought she heard a distant horse. She was being pursued! Maybe she got too close to that ranger at the Forsaken… Indrean. He seemed to want to help her, but she fled. Now, she was back here where she was blamed for a murder of a man who tried to rape her. Little did she know she was also blamed for killing the hostess and setting fire to the Forsaken Inn before fleeing. She slid from Whisper and gave her a hug.

”Go! Be ready for me when I call. I love you Whisper for you are all I have left!”

The horse gave her a nudge and turned to find the green grass that lay through the line of trees by the road. Dawn sighed. She had no money, knew nobody here she could trust not to turn her in, and no way to be able to get supplies she would need to get back south to Gondor. Why did she come north? She remembered why. She tensed when she thought about it. She jumped when a man on a horse rode quietly up toward her. It was too late to hide. She would have to face him. She took a deep breath, unsure what to expect as he approached.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:39 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Indrean knew the moment he left the burning Forsaken Inn that he would be not only dishonorably discharged from service, but he would be a prime suspect in the murder of the hostess and setting fire to the Inn. But none of that mattered now, for he was going to keep his promise to the Lady Dawn and help clear her name from the stain of murder. From everything she had told him, she was innocent and justified in her actions.
A breath escaped his lips as he considered the doubts that crossed his mind.
Perhaps she was not who she claimed to be.
If she was innocent, then why would she flee mere minutes before the Inn caught fire?
He gritted his teeth and leaned forward in the saddle, urging Seles to a faster pace. Not long after cresting a hill did he see Dawn and her horse approach the outskirts of Bree. Indrean slowed his horses pace as they went down the hill and as he approached the Lady, he dismounted and walked up to her, but was careful not to frighten her.
"My Lady, you must forgive me for not assisting you back at the Inn; things took a rather busy turn and...I was needed. But I must ask why it is you fled so quickly?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:18 pm 

Dawn swallowed as she turned to the ranger. She noticed he had removed his rayed star. What did that mean? As he dismounted, Dawn folded her arms across her chest and said as she looked down.
"I...I don't know! It all seems confusing and I.... I need to rest. I have not been honest with you back at the Forsaken. But I should have been."
Dawn looked to the man and took a breath. She needed to come clean with this man, even if he decides not to befriend or help her.
"I fled because that bounty hunter was after me for reward. There is a price on my head now..."
Dawn looked at Indrean and saw his weaponry... maybe he was here to take her in? She looked at her options of escape, and she had none now. She looked back into Indrean's eyes, looking scared.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
-Piter DeVries

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when my fear is gone I will turn and face fear's path, and only I will remain.
-Paul Atreides

~My RP Resume~ ~ ~My Characters~

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:20 pm 

Indrean could tell by the way that Dawn's brows pulled together that she was worried and frightened; he wanted to help her, to comfort her, but more questions arose at her mention of the bounty hunter. His dark brows furrowed together to form deep creases between his brows.
"The Dunlanding?"
He shifted on his feet and looked up at the horses as they grazed on the grass nearby. His thoughts were interrupted as he noticed her eyes taking into account all of his weapons-the longsword on his belt, two daggers on each thigh, and a bow and a quiver full of arrows strapped to his back. It was then that he saw the fear in her eyes.
This maiden was running for her life, from who knows what crime she did or did not commit.
Indrean let out a breath shook his head.
"It matters not why you ran, my Lady; for I can see now that you have been wronged and are running for your very life for things you did not do."
He took out his rayed star brooch from his pocket and held it out in his hand for her to take.
"Take this, my Lady, and know that I am taking a vow to protect you, no matter the cost to me."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:01 am 

Dawn took the brooch and curtsied. She loked up to his eyes and said,
"Your kindness will be rewarded should... if... "
Dawn looked again at the brooch and stood taller.
"When I return to Anorien. I have to tell you much Indrean... I cannot let you risk all for me.. There is much you ned to know."
She stepped to him and her arms snaked around him in a hug. She said after a moment,
"Im tired Indrean... I'm so tired... but there is no rest when on the run."
Where could she go to rest? Bree would be dangerous, and she has nothing. She was going to risk stealing food and clothes, enough to get away south. But she was sure the bounty hunter was not far behind them. She would stay with Indrean and do what he asks. Dawn looked up at him as she stepped back slightly, seeing the thoughtfulness on his face.

-Piter DeVries

And when my fear is gone I will turn and face fear's path, and only I will remain.
-Paul Atreides

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:31 pm 

Indrean squinted his eyes ever so slightly as he considered her all of her words; what was it that she wasn't telling him, and why would she have to wait to return to Anorien? His eyes widened a bit in shock as Dawn wrapped her arms around his body in a hug; she barely knew him and yet she was embracing him? If she needed someone to hug, then so be it. He had already given her his word, and besides, he enjoyed her company and her character.
"My Lady..." He started as she pulled away from him and looked into his eyes with a mixed expression in her own eyes. "I told you that I would protect you, so if you would like me to, I can purchase a room for the night so you can get some rest."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:48 pm 

"Yes... yes please. I will pay you back, I promise. I hope I am not recognised..."
She turned away and then back and looked down.
"I am sorry sir, I am a mess. It was forward of me to give you a hug. I will very much like to sleep some.... not with you, I mean... I meant... "
Dawn broke down in tears as her exhaustion was causing her to ramble. She hoped being with him as the entered Bree would keep eyes away from her.
Indrean's status as a Ranger got them past the gate warden, and they walked through the street to the Small Schooner Inn. It was well away from the bust street and the Prancing Pony, and there didn't seem to be many people there. Indrean went to the propreiter while Dawn went and sat in a shadowy corner.

-Piter DeVries

-Paul Atreides

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:38 am 

Although he tried to hide it, Indrean felt heat rising to his cheeks, and he was about to teasingly console her when suddenly she burst into tears. Without thinking about it, he quickly removed his cloak and placed it about her shoulders, then gently placed his hand on her shoulder and reassured her that everything would be okay.
Which was true.
He was going to take care of her, and that was final. She deserved nothing less than that.
Once she had calmed down, they made it easily into the town and Inn, and as he purchased a room, he also ordered two meals and two ales, then brought the items back over to where she sat.
"You must forgive me if this is too forward my Lady...I..you just...you appeared to be in need of some food and good drink."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:20 pm 

"No... no... you ... Thank you Indrean."

Dawn said as the food and drink arrived. She picked up a piece of bread and started with the butter and cheese. She looked at Indrean and smiled...

"You are so good to me. Why do you put it upon yourself to watch over me?"

Dawn picked up the large tankard of ale he had gotten her and drank a fair amount. She was not being ladylike with the foam on her lip and the crumbs all around. Dawn looked in the ale and back to Indrean before her eyes searched the room. She looked back to him and said,

"I was to be married... in Gondor. It was arranged as I am high-born in to a wealthy house of Dol Amroth. My father betrothed me to marry Hilgor, a Gondorian general in exchange for watching out for his goods in the port of Pelargir. My name is Daewyn of House Hawthien of Dol Amroth, third born and second born daughter. My life was little more than an bargaining chip for my father, especially after my mother died. Both Hilgor and Lord Hawthien my father have hired men to find and bring me back to fulfil his oath. It is why I was loathe to trust you or any of the other rangers at the Forsaken Inn."

Daewyn realised she was rambling and when the serving maid brought the stew over to the table, she went quiet. She looked at Indrean, her eyes pleading to him not to turn her over to any of her father's or betrothed's men. She would rather be locked up for murder here than go back, and she had nowhere else to run.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:30 pm 

Indrean listened to her and watched with surprise as she revealed the truth about her identity. It was because of this that he wanted to help her. She was trapped with no way out, with no friends or family to go too. She was alone. And nobody should be alone. Especially not in this time.
He reached his hand out to her hand to give her a comforting and supportive touch, but then closed his hand into a loose fist as he chastised himself for being so forward. She was beautiful, yes...and he felt himself called to help her, but...he was a Ranger first. He had a duty to attend.
"My Lady...you need not fear for your life. I shall not be turning you in to anyone, not even my commander. All I know is that you are in need of assistance, and as a Ranger of the King of Gondor, I am sworn to protect those who cannot protect themselves."
He started to blush as he recalled her comment about sleeping, but he cleared his throat lightly and leaned back in his chair so as not to appear...distracted by the comment.
"As for the sleeping arrangements...if you desire it, I can put a cot outside your room and sleep there...otherwise I will purchase another room."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:32 pm 

Daewyn looked over at Indrean even as she drank her ale. It, with the food, had gotten her to relax, and she felt safe with him there. When he spoke of sleeping elsewhere, Daewyn blushed remembering what she had said at the gate. She had never met a man who was so caring, and he was rather handsome too. She squirmed slightly in her chair as she felt the warmth of her embarrassment of her thoughts. She leaned forward and smiled, saying to him,
“No… you can sleep with me… in my.. in our… room, with me…”
Daewyn stumbled over her tongue, hoping he understood what she was trying to say. She sighed before saying,
“That is… if it causes not scandal for you kind sir. I would feel … safer, if you were with me”
She reached across the table and took his strong hand into hers, looking into his eyes trying to read his thoughts as he pondered what she said.

-Piter DeVries

-Paul Atreides

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:07 pm 

A spark of something he had not felt in a very long time ignited as the Lady reached out and took his hand causing his free hand to stretch as the spark reached his other arm. He searched the Lady's eyes for a moment, then cleared his throat as he realized that he was now openly staring at her.
"Forgive me, my Lady...for staring....If you would feel more at ease with me in your room, then I will stay with you. It is not a scandal, my Lady...but an honor to protect you."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:31 pm 

Daewyn blushed as Indrean’s eyes drifted over her. She had never known a man to appreciate her for what she is. She was always a bargaining chip on her father’s table. She said,
“The honour is all mine sir, having you willing to protect me.”
Her eyes twinkled as she drank some more of her ale. Looking around before leaning forward toward Indrean, she said in a lower voice, as if she was telling him a secret.
“I… I have never known a kind man before… I mean, not like you.”
She freed her long dark hair from the leather tie and let her locks cascade over her shoulders as she watched Indrean. Daewyn drained her tankard of ale and held back a burp, then said after she yawned,
“Oh dear… I think my fatigue is finally getting to me, the food and drink was good, and I am feeling quite sleep now.”
She was depending on indrean to show her to their room, for she did not know which one it was.

-Piter DeVries

-Paul Atreides

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:20 pm 

Indrean felt the corners of his lips rising into a small smile as she spoke and gazed at him from behind the large mug of ale. He felt heat start to rise to his cheeks again as she released her hair; he tried hard not to watch her hair fall over her shoulders...he wondered if she knew what she was doing to him?
He blinked hard as she yawned, grateful for the distraction and the call to protect, then set two coins on the table as a tip for the waitress and stood up, walking around to her chair and pulling it out for her to stand, offering her a hand to take.
Sparks jolted up his arm as she placed her delicate hand in his and after she stood, he led her up the stairs and down the hall to their...her room.
He opened the door to reveal a decently sized room with a window facing out onto the main street of Bree; against the far wall sits a bed for two and next to it is a small table with a candlestick. On the opposite side of the room is a chest of drawers with a mirror and ontop of the chest is a basin full of water and a few clean cloths. Other than that, the room is empty of furniture, save for a table and chairs underneath the window.
Indrean let out a breath and ushered her inside, then left the door open a crack before taking off his pack and removing his bedroll he always carried with him. He didn't know what the Lady meant by...staying with her...well, that was a lie...but he was a gentleman...and he was here to protect her and help her.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:24 am 

“Thank you, kind sir.”

Daewyn said as he ushered her in to the room. She looked around it before walking over to the bed and putting her hand on it. She shivered slightly before sitting in one of the chairs by the window. She looked out of it and she turned around to look at Indrean who was setting his pack and bedroll down by the door. Daewen took a breath as she watched him move and bend, and she swallowed as she tried to speak. When he turned and looked at her, she sighed as she started to speak,

“Dear Indrean, would you be so kind as to…. help me? I am quite tired and could sleep for a day, but I could not, knowing you were not also resting. Would you…. lay with me? I mean…. we can lay and hold each other and rest. It would so much be comforting, and you would be keeping me safe. If…”

Daewyn blushed as her thoughts drifted… the last time she was in a room like this, she was alone… and she was attacked… No, she could not put that kind of pressure on Indrean. He was such an honourable man, and … and she felt something for him. But she knew little of him. Did he have a wife awaiting him? She let all thought fail her as she let her outer dress drop to the floor…

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:43 pm 

Indrean didn't know what to say to her...request. Of course, he did want to hold her in his arms and protect her as she lay sleeping, but there was something inside of him that told him no. Perhaps he was being too shy, perhaps he cared too much of what others thought of him, but...he was a Ranger of the King. And with such responsibility came....requirements and strict rules.
His eyes widened as he watched her outer dress fall, pooling around her ankles on the floor, and he was suddenly aware of the heat in his body as her form was enhanced by her underdress. Her undress hugged every curve of her body, and enhanced her beauty. But now he was staring at her.
Indrean cleared his throat and forced his gaze back down to his bedroll as he knelt down and finished unpacking.
"My Lady Daewyn, I....I appreciate your consideration of my well being, but...I do not think it would be wise if I were to...lay with you."
The silence that followed this caused him to glance up at her and dip his head.
"But if it would comfort you, I could move my bedroll closer to the bed."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:44 pm 

Daewyn felt herself blush and she turned her head to the window letting her loose hair shroud her face. She reached for the quilt that covered the bed and pulled it around her. She said in a broken voice,

"I am sorry Indrean, for I have come on to you like a common tavern slut. My fatigue owns me, and the ale had thrown down my inhibitions, and I am sorry. You are a good and honourable man, and I thank you for all you have done for me."

Daewyn sat down on the bed, unable to look at Indrean, and she lay down on her side facing away from him, holding the quilt close around her. After silence passed between them, Indrean put out one of the two candle that lit the room, and Daewyn said without turning,

"If you are comfortable with it, I would like to have you close..."

She had hardly rasped out the words before she fell into a deep slumber, feeling safe with Indrean with her, and able to let her cares fall away.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:21 pm 

Indrean could hear the strain in the Lady's voice, and it was something that made him cringe, and when he glanced up at her, she was already wrapped in a blanket curled up on the bed. Before she fell asleep, she voiced her desire for him to lay next to her one last time, and the sorrow and embarrassment in her voice made him sigh heavily. He hadn't meant to hurt her feelings or to embarrass her.
For a long while, he considered getting out off of his bedroll and and laying down beside her; but alas, he couldn't.
It was his duty to protect her, for if he found himself laying in bed with her, he might fall into a deep sleep and not rouse before disaster struck.
What happened if this bounty hunter found out where she was sleeping and decided to steal her in the night?
Indrean gritted his teeth at the thought, but pushed it away as he settled more deeply into his bedroll.
No.
He had to stay here so as to defend her better.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:17 pm 

It was well before dawn when three riders approached Bree from the south. Their shadows in the moonlight were shrouded by cloaks and hoods. They split up and one went to each gate to watch. Their orders were to bring Lady Daewyn back. Her father spared no expense in hiring the best Gondor had. Two were Ithilien Rangers in the war, and the third was a Rohirrim veteran. Her father gave them information that led them here, for Daewyn wrote much of the northern lands. For now, the three would only watch. They wouldn't tip their hand until they were sure Daewyn was there, and know who was helping her.

Daewyn awoke with a startle from a dream. She sat up and regained her breath. The noise she could hear was that of Indrean tossing and turning on his bedroll. She had not meant to frustrate him, and now that she had rested some, was disgusted in herself in trying to coax him to bed with her. She looked out the window where the silvery moonbeam thrust itself in to the room, and she lay back down, her eyes staring at the ceiling. She would only get restless broken sleep from now til morning light, and she had to consider what path she should take. If she could get into the next room, the place where she was attacked, she might find something she had hidden there. If...

Indrean rolled and sighed and sat up. Daewyn made sure she was covered and said,

"Not sleeping well?"

She asked as the first birds of the mornig started to sing outside.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:09 pm 

Indrean didn't sleep very well-which, in all honesty, made sense; he was on a mission protecting the Lady Daewyn from her pursuers and he was nervous. Not only was he going against his orders from his commanding officer, but he was also finding himself drawn inexplicably to the Lady. She was absolutely beautiful, there was no doubt about that, but with that beauty came temptations. These temptations that came up, especially last night while she asked him to lay with her as her outer dress fell to the floor, but he had to resist them. Because he was not a ruffian. He was a gentleman. That is how he had been raised, and indeed, that is how he had been trained as a soldier. She was also a Lady of high standing, and he was...well, nothing, really. He did not come from noble blood but had earned his rank as a Ranger.

All this was to say that he had not slept well, so, when he heard the morning birds chirping outside the window, he rolled over, sighed and sat up. He yawned and rubbed his eyes before turning to face the Lady.
She looked more beautiful than the day before.
He suddenly realized that he was staring at her, so he cleared his throat awkwardly and ran a hand through his tousled hair, shaking his head in response to her question.
"Not at all, my Lady....although it seems like you rested well...?"