All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:10 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

The morning light just cracked the sky as Decessus felt the light fall on his eyes and he opened them suddenly as an elf he did not normally slumber but the injuries that had befallen him as he had defended the Princess. Princess heck he didn’t even know which one that he had killed the orcs defending, the orcs were besetting her and her maid servant and he had done what any forest ranger should have done and defended them. Of course he shouldn’t have been quite so noble as to use a sword, no he should have been sensible and stuck with the bow; but he had remembered how the carriage had been torn asunder and orcs loved nothing more than raping elvish maidens.

Groaning as he lifted up his eyes focused on the room that was so completely unfamiliar, he had not remembered when the last time he had been under stone but he was in no state to go forward and meet the world. Decessus looked around for his clothing and much to his horror could not catch sight of any of it and he moved his hands down to the cover that rested over his naked body and he honestly could not remember getting here. The fight had been won, he had remembered that .. the princess and the maid servant were safe, he had remembered that too … but then nothing.

Lifting his hand to his head he touched over where the own sharp point covered his silver hair and he winced as he felt the knot just behind his left temple and he realized that would have been the cause of the memory loss. How odd. Rubbing his hair behind his ear to show off the point, there was one thing about Decessus, he didn’t care that most of the world hated elves, he was a fight and he was proud of his elven heritage, of course he didn’t have a lick of magic to him. Which had been a massive disappointment to his mage mother, but she had gotten over it … he thought, not that he had even bothered to contact the matron in over a hundred years. Afterall, she was much happier with his twin sister .. a chip off the old block and all.

Cold air whipped against him and he looked to the slit, why did anyone in their right mind live under stone?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:56 pm 

Riniel had never before heard so many...men? Dwarves perhaps? No...they were no ordinary race...these were the merciless and rough orc race from the North, and they were out for blood. Moments before they started their attack on the princesses' carriage, Riniel thought she felt something rise in the air, and although she could not see anything, still she turned her fair face towards the window of the carriage, to see if she could hear anything; the hairs on her arms and the back of her neck stood up and she froze in fear as a guttural sound issued mere feet from the carriage. The driver immediately spoke to his horses, urging them to flee the onslaught; but that did nothing, for mere seconds an arrow embedded itself in the drivers' neck, causing him to collapse onto the muddy forest floor.
The horses, however acted quickly and sped off down the makeshift road; but alas, one of the large wheels of their carriage slipped into a muddy hole in the ground, making it near impossible for the horses to pull it out and continue on to safety. Inside, the princess was screaming in a panic and was clawing through the carriage to see if they had any sort of weapon. But alas, they were both incapable of fighting; the princess having never had any training whatsoever, and Riniel having- little training from her...ex-fiancee-been recently blinded and unable to confidently protect the princess. But this was not a time for fear. One of the princesses' guards had gifted her a small horn to use in case of emergencies; so as the princess scrambled around in the carriage, Riniel searched her belt for the horn and once she found the precious item, she lifted it to her lips and blew. A sound issued from the horn-it was gentle but not quiet. Soon they would be rescued.
She had to hope.
Arrows landed with loud thuds into the back of the carriage, and Riniel heard the princess scream again.
"We are going to perish!"
Hopelessness began to creep into Riniels' heart until she heard...a sword being drawn? Riniel gasped softly as she heard their rescuer take down the orcs one by one, until they all perished.
Their mysterious savior came over to the carriage and assisted both of them out, and just as Riniel was beginning to calm down her fretting mistress, she heard a soft thump on the ground.
The man had collapsed.
Her brows furrowed in concern for him, but she stayed with her mistress until she was able to walk and lead them to a makeshift shelter in a cave of sorts.
Once the lady had eaten, Riniel busied herself with tending to their rescuers' wounds. He had a gash just behind his left temple and a few minor cuts on his hands. Other than that and a few-what felt like bruises- he seemed...perfect. After treating his wounds, Riniel removed his clothes and decided to let them soak in the rain as it began to fall a little while after they had arrived at the cave. She sat just inside the cave, beside the sleeping princess, when she heard the soft movements of their rescuer. Without a word, Riniel stood up and grabbed one of her canteens and went over towards him with hands outstretched in front of her.
"My lord? Are you well? I have some healing herbs for you, if you'd like them."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:36 pm 

Lord? No elven woman would ever call him a Lord if they took one look at him and he watched Riniel for a moment as he saw her move a little bit, his head hurt and he said softly, “Lass, I have a headache that makes the beating of the clouds to make thunder seem tame in comparison.” The fighter moved his fingers a little bit and he felt the tension run through his hands and his limited senses felt no danger, pressing his hands against the ground to lift himself he realized at once that was a horrific idea and falling back down onto his back he groaned, “Aye, those healing herbs would be a true gift that would repay me in full.”

Nauseous? Why was he nauseous it had just been orcs and he realized that the hit that had touched him was filled with the venom from one of the foul earthen things that only an orc would dare use and he said to the woman, “I would be much appreciative if you could also clean my head wound, I fear that the orcs as usual decided to skew things in their favour by tainting the weapons that they fight with.”

Lifting his hand to his head he realized she had already done that and his cheeks darkened just a fraction, “Ahh.. forgive me, I am not used to such kind care and I wonder what they would have done if you had not treated me with such kindness and given me such hope.”

Turning his head a fraction, Decessus looked at the princess that was there and he realized he had stumbled on something a commoner (elf with no magic) like him should leave well enough alone and he swallowed a fraction as he wondered what his mother would say to see him in such company, and it actually made him smile. The first time he had thought of her and it was not attached with derision or hate and he moved his hands down and rested them against his side, he was in good care and he will find out more about this maiden.. who thought he was a Lord.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:00 pm 

Her brows furrowed in confusion for a brief moment as the mysterious elf requested that she clean out his head wound; had she missed one? Perhaps her hands hand missed a wound further back on his head, and if the wound was indeed filled with filthy orc poison, he would be dead in mere minutes! Her fair skin reddened from embarassment at the mistake, and she carefully began to kneel down beside him, with one had trailing down the rock wall and the other she lowered.
"Forgive me, my lord. I may have to act quickly but-"
With his words came a tidal wave of relief; her cheeks deepened their color, for she was not accustomed to such...complimentary words. Especially not with her...state and...title.
"I do hope you will forgive me, m'lord. I...I lost my sight no more than a year ago and although I have skill in healing, the doubts of my weaknesses permeate my work." She paused for a moment as she realized that she was rambling and quickly withdrew some healing herbs and held them out in the general vicinity of his face.
"Forgive me, sire. You probably do not wish to hear about me, but if you wish, please chew these leaves. They will aid in fighting any infection and will also give you rest."