All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:12 am 

I have returned

Blog: View Blog (0)

A wizened man stood before the holo-board, droning on in a voice that seemed a couple days short of complete lung failure. As he wobbled on legs nearly rotten to dust he relayed the history of the Empire's expansion to his students.
"And it was in 2162 that the first emperor of Graize came to power, taking control of the government by will of the people. His victory over the corruption of the Senatorial was but the first of many triumphs he would have in Graize' name. In the two decades that followed he added thirteen countries to the Empire, before he was struck down by an assassin's bullet. The Emperor's son was quick to take up his fathers cause, leading the Empire for the next four decades. Before his assassination by poisoned wine, he conquered another twenty one lands. After the second Emperor's death his head general took control of his armies. This started a tradition that has held to this very day, insuring that the keenest strategic mind in the kingdom was the Emperors. Following thi-." The teacher stopped as a hand was raised among the students. "Ah, yes Mister Nevile, please grace us with your pondery."

From the back row of the students, rose a boy of abnormally bland complexion. His hair was a light blond, like white wine, cut short in a military style. His eyes a pale blue and his skin even paler, he wore a pure white shirt as it served to make him look slightly less so. Looking upon his face, you would be forgiven for not knowing whether he was male or female. Once you saw the impressive muscles that filled out his shirt, that question was answered. Upon waiting for the teacher's wave of permission, the boy asked his question.
"Sir, why do you not tell us more about the countries Graize' first and second Emperor conquered? Are their cultures truley not worth mention?" The boy said, his voice a stuck somewhere between masculine and feminine.

"For the same reason I shall not name the countries conquered by the next thirty Emperor's mister Nevile." The professor said back, a wry smile sneaking from his mouth. "If I were to describe the 397 countries Graize has acquired since the first Emperor's rise, this class would be quite a bit longer. Simply know that they are now a proud part of Graize, following the Emperor ever onward into a united, and prosperous tomorrow." The teacher then turned back to the hollow board and continued his lecture.

Nevile left Mr. Asvius' class an hour latter, the final words replaying in his head. "And our current Emperor, Emperor Rodrick, has conquered nineteen countries, making him the second most successful conqueror since the second Emperor. As he pushes into the territories of Odrua, Kotria, and Edrana it appears he will soon surpass the great expansionist. Class dismissed." The bell had rung as he finished talking, almost as though it was waiting for him.

As he walked through the halls of Jareth Academy, named so after the fourth Emperor, Nevile looked through his notes. Doing so he failed to notice the other boy running up behind him.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:13 am 

I'm just here to RP

He couldn’t find Nev fast enough. Motto’s near collision with a gaggle of female students earned a laugh from one of them while the others were indignant. It was possible that someone might have already told, but he wanted to be the first one so badly! Classes were changing and Motto’s path was filling up with students from all directions. Spotting the familiar neatly groomed head of hair, the less well-kept cadet did his best to get around the groups of people as they all converged into a single mass without direction. Motto dipped below a stationary pair’s conversation and cut through an established line of moving people before opting to take a more direct route. Jumping up, he vaulted off an arched doorway; switching his gravity destabilizers on as he did so. The teen’s momentum carried him upward as well as forward, allowing him to essentially run along the wall’s length above the crowded mess. The move got him noticed, but Motto continued to run until he reached a corner. There he cussed before careening into a wall and dropping to the floor as his stabilizers reinitialized. This part of the hallway was clearer anyway.

“NEV!” He called out, and sprinted in his friend’s direction. “You’re not gonna believe this!”

“CADET BROOK.” An instructor stood waiting with her arms crossed, but he bolted past with his entire focus being the blonde just seven meters ahead.

In his typical overt and affectionate manner, Motto leapt at the handsome cadet with every intention of tackling him to the ground before a breathless, “We got in. We made it, Nev! The list is up and OUR NAMES ARE ON IT.”

“Headmaster’s office. Now.” The female instructor loomed over the stocky teen with wild hair. Her expression was eerily calm, and Motto noticed she was holding a containment emitter pointed at him.

“****.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:42 pm 

I have returned

Nevile paused as he heard the voice of Motto, and was about to turn around when he was tackled to the ground. Papers scattered everywhere, and Nevile began pushing the dark haired jock off him.

"What are you do-" He started shouting back, cutting off once he heard what Motto said. "What! Are you serious? Who else was on there, when did it go up? I need to look at thi-." He once again cut of before finishing as he saw the instructor looming over them. Pushing Motto off he raised his hands in a gesture of innocence.

"Mam, I am not in any way associated with this nuisance of society. I am just going to gather up my things and be going to my next class, please and thank you." The teacher, Misses Brome, was well know for detaining not only trouble makers, but their friends. A reputation gained by placing Nevile in detention every time Motto earned it. And each time her reasoning was the same.

"Don't you act innocent, he wouldn't be misbehaving if you didn't give him some reason too." It was the exact same line as last time, and the time before. You'd think she'd at least use some new excuse one of these times. Nevile wasn't sure why she disliked him, but whatever reason she had, it was a fierce fire.

Sighing, Nevile began gathering his papers. At least the headmaster would be a bit more lenient. "We'll head right there mam. I'm sorry for the ruckus mam." Brome gave an approving grunt(snort), and turned away. As Nevile watched her go away, he swung a soft backhand at Motto's shoulder.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:15 pm 

I'm just here to RP

“They posted it during second period, I was watchin’.” Motto whispered as they stood at parade rest outside the headmaster’s door. “Your name was on the top of the list. I think that means you’r---“

He snapped to attention as the door slid open and waited for the command to enter. It didn’t come right away however, and the two cadets would endure an awkward moment of silence until the retired two-star admiral appeared. He seemed to be absorbed in the papers he held as he walked into view. Looking up at the pair, he grunted “come in” before focusing on the documents once more. Motto’s prompt obedience may or may not have resulted in a collision with his best friend in the admiral’s door way, as it didn’t accommodate for the two to enter simultaneously. Inside, Motto shoot Nevile a curious glance as if to ask, “What’s up with the headmaster?”

“So.” The old man’s back was to them as he face his wall of memorabilia. “Let’s get down to it, shall we?” He turned with a wide, fatherly smile and gripped the back of his chair with both hands. “You’ve done well boys. At ease.” Motto reluctantly loosened his stiff poise and blinked a few times. He broke corridor protocol and ignored an instructor..how was that remotely ok? The admiral continued in a rather jovial tone while crossing the room to clamp Nevile’s shoulder in a clearly proud gesture. “It’s been a long time since one of our own has proven worthy, let alone two.” The door slid shut and the lights dimmed.

“You didn’t make the Graize rangers.”

“But Sir…” Motto’s confusion was evident as he did his best to address the headmaster with respect. “..I saw our names. I even had another cadet read ‘em out loud to me to make sure I wasn’t seein’ things.”

Laughing, the admiral returned to his desk. “Yes yes, your names are on the list. It’s standard procedure for BlackGaurd recruits.”

There was a meaningful pause before Motto stammered, “The..Empirer’s BlackGaurd? Sir?”

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:37 am 

I have returned

Nevile stood listening to Motto explain what he saw on the list. He was about to interrupt when Motto said Nevile was at the top of the list, but then the door opened. Standing at attention he waited for the head master to beckon them in. He waited half a second for Motto to go first, having performed the delicate dance that was entering the headmaster's office in pair before. The headmaster's disinterest in them was odd, as he usually greeted them with either disappointment or amusement. Occasionally he'd have a bit of both mixed with disbelief, but never disinterest. Responding to Motto's unasked question, Nevile gave him a shrug to say "No idea."

Nevile snapped his attention as the headmaster turned around, adressing the boys.
"So, lets get down to it, shall we?" The smile on his face was a complete turn around from his boredom from earlier, must have been putting up airs for those outside.

"You've done well boys. At ease." Nevile was expecting some leniency from the headmaster, but this was downright weird. In all their trips to his office, he had never spoken to them like this. It almost reminded him of when his father found out Nevile had been accepted to the academy. The headmaster's hands clapped onto his shoulders, also mirroring his father's actions.

"It's been a long time since one of our own has proven worthy, let alone two." Nevile just stared back at the headmaster in confused question as the door closed behind them.

"You didn't make the Graize Rangers." The headmaster said, and Nevile's thoughts began to spiral downward. But Motto had seen them on the list, had they been kicked out because of his misbehavior? But then why was the headmaster so happy, and what was that about a long time, a couple douzen students got into the rangers every year. Motto was asking similar questions, but out loud, and the headmaster's response rocked Nevile out of his inner turmoil.

"Yes yes, your names are on the list. It's standard procedure for BlackGuard recruits." Nevile's eyes zoomed in on the headmaster's, his mind shocked like a flash bomb. Then reality came rushing back in.

"WE GONNA BE EYE'S!" Nevile yelled, a hint of his mother's accent pushing into his voice. The BlackGuard, more commonly known as The Emperor's Eyes, were the empires most effective group of agents, answering to the Emperor alone. And that was only in postscript, they operated on their own accord, with no agenda but the advancement of the Emperor's power. Their agents were myths, said to be comparable to entire battalions of soldiers in combat, and untouchable spies in the field. It was like being told you were going to be the Emperor's guest of honor at the next imperial feast, which on occasion an Eye would be.

"B-but, how?! The Eyes are the, the freking Eyes! When, how, what?" Nevile just kept asking, mind spinning in circles.

"Easy there boys," the headmaster said, with barely controlled mirth in his eyes, "you're only recruits just now. You're going to be taking new classes along with you're regular studies from now on. A special trainer from the BlackGuard will be contacting you within the week to give you full details. For now, all you need to do is go to you're dorms, and celebrate among yourselves."

The headmaster then leaned forward, a knowing smile on his face. "However, I suggest you stop by the academy bar first, as I asked Hollend to prepare a special gift for you two, free of charge." He gave them a wink, then his smile hardened slightly, giving his next words a deadly edge.

"And remember, this information doesn't leave this room. As far as the rest of the Empire knows, you are Rangers, and nothing more." The door then slid open behind them, and the headmaster's smile dissipated into a stern scowl as he sat himself into his chair.
"Next time you break corridor protocol, you're punishment will be far more sever. Now get, I have papers that need work." He then raised the small stack of papers from his desk up, and with a light flick of his hand turned his chair to face away. As Nevile walked out, he fancied he heard the headmaster give a soft laugh, but continued out as if had just received a sever berating.

"Holy, fockin', shet." Nevile said, cup of fine alcohol in his hand, bottle half emptied on the table in front of him. They had gone back to their shared appartment, the bottle of drink collected from Hollend in tow. "Thes is rell, ain' et?" Nevile didn't like getting drunk in public, he had trouble stopping his accent from coming out when he was. But right now, he couldn't care less.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:36 pm 

I'm just here to RP

“Yeah.” Motto looked up from his own glass. It was a good thing Nev was there to keep him afloat, whether or not he realized it. Their lives were about to change, and for Motto it was sorely needed. In a matter of time, he’d be free from his aunt and it seemed too good to be true. She was convinced he would never amount to anything and this past year at the academy had been rocky. His grades were slipping and Motto had begun to lose hope. His Aunt’s predictions seemed to loom over him, and things had gotten strange the last time he was on holiday. The Rangers offered an escape. If he worked hard enough, he might not have to return to that place. These things played through the cadet’s mind as he sat in silent shock in their apartment. It was a brief lapse into gloomy reverie, and thankfully Nev was there to shake him out of it.

A boyish grin spread on his face, and brownish eyes met with impossibly blue ones. “I know. It’s happening, Nev. We’re really gonna be somethin’.” He reached out to tousle the other’s hair and laughed. "I heard that they don’t wear uniforms except for like royal ..uh..appearances? But even then it’s the Ranger dress reds. I don’t know if it’s true or not. So cool! Oh hey..” He nudged Neville playfully in the midsection while leaning in. “..I think that Rangers aren’t allowed to have girlfriends. Looks like we’re gonna have to start turning down all those girls!” Motto hadn’t had a girl his entire life, and he still hadn’t lived down that time he asked the most popular cadet to the ball. Many upperclassmen still called him Dodo. His laughter died down and the raven sat upright with a new realization.

“Nev you gotta help me with classes. I don’t have a chance without ya. None of the tutors will take me anymore, Nev.” Grabbing the other’s shirt, Motto shook his friend a little to emphasize things. “I know it’s a pain in the ass, Nev. I know it’s the last thing ya need on your plate, but I’m beggin’ ya. I’d give ya my right arm if I didn’t need it for the Ran—the BlackGaurd! HA HA! Nev! We’re gonna be THE EMPERER’S EYES!” Despite the fact that the physical requirements for the Rangers were so difficult they were considered unethical by other military factions, Motto was confident he would pass. It was the book element that scared the **** out of him.

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:43 pm 

I have returned

Nevile nodded along to Motto as he spoke, his face a blank canvas of shock and anticipation.
“Thet’s noce, I hate dreesin’ up pre’y.” He gave Motto a raised eyebrow when the raven mentioned Rangers don’t get laid.
“Thet’s a bet more concernin’, wear gonna ned to do sumthin’ bought thet.” Nevile did not want to die a virgin.

Then Motto started to freak out.
“Dude, Motto, ya know ah gut ya back. I sure ain’t goin’ to the Ayes by maself.” Nevile then grabbed Motto’s shoulder with his free hand.
“Bu’ we’ve gut more pressin’ issues now. Ef we don’ get gurls soon, we may never. We ain’t Ayes till the techer guy comes, so thes week we can stell date. The wekend starts tomarrow, we ned to get gurls.” A sly smile began to stretch across Neville’s face. He was already planning out his last hurrah.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:27 pm 

I'm just here to RP

“Girls! Yes! Good thinking! Pretty ones of course with nice boobs. I like the really small ones believe it not..” he sighed, letting himself flop back into the couch, “..they’re like a ballerina that way. Hnnnn ballerinas Nev. Heaven to me is being in a cold storage bay with a bunch of ballerinas and a jammed entry portal. Haaaaa. They’d only have me for warmth, Nev. Their girly legs and their perfect boobs all over me. Yeahhhh.” The stocky cadet loosened his collar and took another swig, clearly enjoying the mental picture he painted. But that sort of scenario would be difficult to orchestrate and what about Nev? He might not want in on that even though he’d be a fool not to.

Motto sat up again and gave his head a good scratch. This would sometimes get his thoughts going and right now, he needed a plan. For the rest of that night all his focus was on how best to find a girl that shared the same goal and how to get her to choose him. The next afternoon Motto burst into Nevile’s room and took his friend’s face with both hands.

“I got it. I figured it out. It’s so simple Nev. I can’t believe I didn’t think of it before. I still have to test it, but I just know it’s going to work. I know how to get girls.”

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:43 pm 

I have returned

Nevile laughed at Motto’s daydreams.
“Ya hev the weardest fantasays man. Bet don’ ya warry, et may not be a bay full of dencers, bet ets gunna be good.” Nevile and Motto then continued to laugh and joke the night away.

The next afternoon, Nevile slept in with his hangover. He was woken up when Motto barged in and grabbed his face.
“What are you doing?” Nevile was trying to ask, but Motto’s hands were squishing his face so it came out smushed. Pushing the boy back off, Nevile sat himself back up.
“Oh really? What’s your plan then? Mine involved a club and a charming smile but let’s hear yours first.” Nevile really needed some caffeine, it was far to bright to be up and about without any energy. “I don’t know what you did to kill your hangover so fast, but I envy its quick death.”

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:51 pm 

I'm just here to RP

Motto stepped back in order to gesticulate as he explained.

“Ok, so the bar is where people go to drink obviously but others go to find.. you know..a person to be with, Nev. Kissing and all of the bases. So if we go to a bar and there are girls at the bar, then it’s likely we’re there for the same reason. Now here’s how you find the one to do it with. You go in and you wait a few seconds, Nev. Then? You go with the first one you see that’s lookin’ at ya. See, she’s lookin’ at you because she likes you, Nev. Now all the other girls might have glanced your way, but if you waited..and you find the one still lookin’? She likes ya. It’s easy!” Motto clasped his head behind his head. “After that you just go and talk to ‘em and buy ‘em a drink or something like that. Soon enough? Boobs, Nev. Right in your hand.”

That evening the stocky cadet led his best friend to a crowded pub. “It’s the best we can do for now..” he hooked his arm with Nevile’s if able, and assured him, “..but that just means we limit our attention to the ladies at the bar. Makes things easier for us, Nev! So remember, we enter..make our way to the bar, and just kinda stand there like we belong there. After a moment or two, look for the girl who’s looking at you. She’s the one. Got it?”

swanky music filled their ears upon entering the Celestial Sugar, a place frequented by the local higher class citizens as well as travelers. The odd establishment happened to be situated well before the galaxy garrison was built, let alone the space port. The place smelled of ladies perfume, scotch, and citris. Pool tables dotted the floor and intimate tables framed the perimeter. In the center stood the bar where waitresses dressed in vintage Earth boudoir sashayed to and fro with trays of colorful drinks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:55 pm 

I have returned

Nevile nodded along as Motto explained his plan, waiting until he had finishd before making a comment.
"Honestly I expected something a little more harebrained after your tangent last night, but I think that might actually work. I shall follow your lead on this one."

Upon arriving at the Celestial, Nevile's small bit of confidence evaporated like a snowball in plasma. There was so many people here, the guys all looked so much more dignified than him and the girls looked like heaven. The stylish music didn't help either, as Nevile was horrible at dancing. Nevile slowly walked next to Motto to the bar, trying and failing to keep his nervousness from showing. He almost hoped that no girls looked at them, just so they could go somewhere less suffocating.
"You sure this is going to work Motto? I think we may want to try someplace less high-class." Taking a quick look around the bar, there wasn't any girls looking their way. Nevile thought he caught a glance from a man in the corner, but it was just his imagination. So far, no one seem interested in the pair.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:44 am 

I'm just here to RP

“…….. you’re right, Nev.” Motto deflated a little but managed to rally. “It just so happens I had my eye on another place! It’s… not exactly a bar either.”

Twenty minutes later the pair stood in the “Viking’s Den”, a run-down tavern with ancient artifacts proudly displayed on the walls. A light flickered in the far corner where a pair a girls sat giggling, a few older men sat at the bar and watched the game, and three out of the four pool tables were in use. It was a decent crowd and the atmosphere was markedly different; vapor mist hung in the air and there was a large glob of nacho cheese on the carpet from earlier that evening. Giving his best friend a nudge, Motto looked to Nevile with an expectant smile.

“This is another place I thought we could find a ………..” The stocky cadet trailed off as he locked eyes with a white-haired woman. She had just come from the ladies room and gazed at him with something of a smirk while retrieving a cigarette from her brazier. Her eyes were blue and she looked older. Motto was pretty sure she was the one he was supposed to go with. “…..date.”

“Well well, looks like you two should join us~.” The giggling pair had approached Nevile and Motto without detection. “A game then? Yeah?” The other eyed Nevile with evident interest; her tongue darting out in a animal-like way as she surveyed his body.