All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The new world.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:31 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

The loud crack of a bullwhip filled the air a bare moment before the pain removed any sense of time or meaning from Ali’s consciousness. The ice cold of winter forgotten as the heat of his own blood dripping down his back as the galley master rested down and said. “The next one of you slaves that dares to ask for a second serving will experience the same fate. You little bastards think this is rough, wait till you reach your new home. Ungrateful curs.”

Ali remained slumped until a bucket of water had met his face and he groaned as the pain still seared through him and he lifted his gaze up and he couldn’t see much of anything. His nose was bleeding too where he had felt the foreman’s meaty fist connect with it when he had eaten the two bites of foul biscuit followed by the musty water, had they not heard of scurvy.

Who would have thought that he, Alivant El Mill was the eldest son of the second largest family in the kingdom of El, would have ended up on a ship to the new world. Not only was Alivant torn he couldn’t believe that the ungrateful little sod of a brother had betrayed him like that. Three years ago he was entered into the pits of the damned. Where the noble men reached their manhood by cutting down the slaves and the chaff, but Alivant had the finest training. Alivant killed the little welp who had come to fight, and of course the law said he was set free. Free of the pits, but it didn’t say anything about being sold into the indignity of slavery right after and now .. he was to be a laborer for some rich lord and wife. To be forgotten, an inconvenient excuse.

His muscles were now sharper than ever, the galley trip had now reached the sixth week and he had rowed every day, he had only asked for food as his massive frame of 6 feet and 6 inches required more food than a little man of 5 feet and 2. It was also odd, his skin was deeply tanned but the others that served on the ship were the dark chocolate of the African.

Self contemplation over as the burn of a torch was jammed into the back and as much as he tried to hold it back, Ali’s lips parted in a loud scream as he felt pain sever through him the very moment where the man in the crows nest shouted that land was ahead. Although the foreman said there was worse to come, he couldn’t believe it. Nothing could be worse than being chained to an oar .. sleeping against it and being fed food that a rat would turn it’s nose up. Scream over he turned his head and he saw the bullwhip holders hand and he seared the image in his mind, it might not be today, but in the future, one day, Ali would remove the head of the man. This feeling is what gave him the will to lift his head and stand tall.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: The new world.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:26 am 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Kate was in her last class of the year. Winterfest weeks away. She looked at the clock and the hour was dragging. She listened to the master mage and drew a dragon on her paper. She closed her eyes and is soaring in the back of a green dragon. The town red roofs rush behind her. The summer sun beams down upon the 500 acre lake and the dragon glides down shimmering the water...

The teacher wakled to Kate's desk and rasped his pointer stick on her deak. She opened her eyes widely and suddenly sits up. The teacher looks menasing at her, "Dreaming of dragons again. Mage Kathryn can you kindly tells what laylines do?"

Kate blinked as she look up at the bald man, "What? Oh, yes. What was the question?"

A mage student wearing black robes stood outside the classroom and rapprf on the door. The treacher waveed his hand and the door opened. The mage student floated an evelope to Kate. The seal had a dual headed dragon. Kate snatched it from the air and broke the seal.

My dear Neice,

A most unfortunate insident has happened and I am forced to send you one of my pets. I expect this is an early Winterfest gift. I have it that you are top of your class. If my pet had survived the journey you will find it in your father's warehouse #356. I think you will be pleased he has been hand selected for you. I wish you a happy Winterfest.

Sincerely,

Aunt Malora

Kate begins gathering her books just as the bell rung, "Forgive me Mater Mage Ellenton. I have an urgent letter from my Aunt. I am sorry for falling asleep. Please do not tell Papa. I promise it won't happen next year."

The man grinned and nodded with a slow smile, "You need to go. Your aunt's reputation..we know. Enjoy and will keep this under wraps."

Kate shot out of the desk and rushed out of the room. "Happy Winterfest and thank you."

Last edited by LadyKate43 on Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:40 pm 

Ali did not remember where he was as he felt the burn of a searing headache. Strange, he couldn’t feel the motion of the sea which actually made him feel worse than he did on the boat. Over the last weeks he had gotten used to the motion of the water. Hot bile poured out of his mouth, he had no food in his belly and his body was determined he was most definitely going to throw up. Coughing he looked around the very dark room, the only light he could make out was the crack of the doors of the building he was in. He gingerly moved his arm and felt that it was clamped against something. What the something was he had no idea what so ever. Pulling a little more firmly he heard the scrape of something against stone.

Tensing his muscles a little more firmly he realized he was the one causing the scraping which would have been fine except the light of the door exploded as it opened, crying out in pain he tried to cover his eyes with his hands, but the way he was tied that wasn’t possible so he jammed his eyes shut to protect them from burning.

Alas, this prevented him seeing the large guard walk through and he was not prepared for the powerful kick to his solar plexus which shot pain through his body again, he could barely make out the words, “Stop your racket or the next kick will be a lot more, severe slave.”

Maybe the ship captain was right, this was going to be worse than even the damn boat as the man lifted his right foot and kicked him again, however, Ali was ready and he tensed his sore muscles and he wasn’t really bothered by the second kick as he looked at the kicker defiantly. “Good” The guard informed Ali, “Now you were sold to The Fox Lord. He’s an unforgiving sort, and judging from the list of crimes against you boy, you won’t have to worry about any mercy from us. You’re not going to get any, now when I come back for you, you better be on your knees and ready to be stripped and put into your new clothes.”

Ali was too hurt to even consider answering, not hurt in body, that he could take but in the soul. He was a son of a Lord, and now he was nothing more than a slave. A slave that didn’t even need to be humble, he was considered too worthless for even that.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:09 pm 

Kate knew Malora was a cruel mistress and she married the Dark Lord, Draco, a sinister sorcerer and they both practiced the dark arts. Kate could only imagine the state of her gift if he managed to survive. She shuddered to think what kind of species Malora hand-picked for her.
She hurried past the students leaving their classroom to get to the infirmary, clothes room, and removed a thick blanket from the teacher lounge. She rushed and stuffed her books into her locker. They would be turned in later.
She needed essence of poppy, needle syringes, bandages, soft clothes, potions, salve, and sutures. as she grabbed items and dropped them into her bag of holding. The mage student ran toward her father's black carriage with gold gilding, " Peel please hurry to the wharf. I have a letter from Aunt Malora." She shoved the letter into his frigid hand. Peel was a sturdy man for 50. He read the crumbled letter and handed back to the teen. He opened the door for and once she was seated he climbed up on the driver's seat. He slapped the reins and the white horses pulled out of line. Peel made the horses canter toward the wharf. Once the carriage stopped in front of the warehouse six. She awaited Peel to open the carriage door. "Peel please make a palate on the floor. I will send for you should I need your help."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:00 am 

Ali didn’t want to get on his knees. No, Ali didn’t want to get on his knees at all, he wanted to be defiant. However, after the rather hard and thorough whipping he was hurting too much to stand straight even if he wanted to. Ali fell to the cold stone floor on his knees, but he didn’t last on his knees as he fell forward as the cruelty inflected upon him caused him to pass out again. Totally unaware of whom ever this new master was, Ali realized he frankly didn’t care!

The dreams that touched Ali were dark as the muscles in his legs convulsed again and he straightened up face down on the floor. He didn’t even realize that he had passed out, the dark heat flowing through his body as he was vaguely aware that the welts on his back were still bleeding and he wasn’t aware of much at all. All that Ali was aware of was the dark fortune that had befallen him and then he growled. He wouldn’t succumb to fear, really .. he wouldn’t. However, Ali’s body wouldn’t keep up with his will.

Within a minute of being kicked, Ali knew nothing at all. Consciousness having slipped away.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:50 am 

Kate ran into the warehouse and found a guard..she read the note again. "Sir parcel for Lady Katheryn Lyons. She said it would be in the animal pens."
Kate watched as a man with a bullwhip was chained, the captain was seized by guards. All the goods and the ship was gated. This had not happened for months. The slaves were removed from their bonds and mages were called upon to heal. Kate was lead by the guard to the animal pens, "If this one be yours milady he ain't good. Mages done give up."

Kate rushed inside and placed the blanket over the half-naked man in threadbare breeches. He was a swollen mass of dried blood, sweat, and sinew. He was thin, pale, and fading fast. The mage sat down and held him to her. He was barely breathing and his pulse faint. "Gahh! What did they do to him."

She cradled his shackled left hand. It was freezing. She closed her eyes and whispered spell words, "Alkim acrourm, skla, aumn, ni." and repeated it three times. "You will not die on me. I have not lost a patient yet."

The mana she produced naturally was released from her hand was absorbed in his left hand. Blistered, bloody, and heavily calloused, the heat was slowly entered his body and penetrated deep into his ice cold body. He was barely hanging on a thread when his ravaged body began to heal and warmth was restored. Healing would take minutes to move him would be too risky. The blood in his veins took time to warm and his body would thaw. Blood pumped to a normal heart beak took over 30 minutes. She waved her hand over his shackles and fell to the floor with a thud as did his ankle chains. His ankles and wrists were crimson with angry festered cuts. His face a bloody bruised mess. She felt a lump swelling on the side of his head. "His eyes were blackened. She places her hand on his forehead and propped his head against her chest." With her hands-free, she reached into her bag of holding and opened a jar of salve and spread the waxy substance over his parched, swollen, and bloody lips. She then poured water from a ceramic container into her hand and drops dripped over his lips. "Come on, taste. Take a breath."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:07 pm 

By the time Kate had rushed in he was barely alive. Soft labored breaths left him as his chest gently rose and fell. Ali had accepted that it will be not long before he would reach The Gods. Ali was burning as the skin on his body barely felt attached to him. He had reached the point of been beaten so bad that his mind had shut off from the pain. The pain from the bullwhip that had left the dark red blood dripping down his back that the healers and mages both had just barely sealed. He wasn’t sure what the sound was that left Kate as he was beyond the point of actually caring.

Then Kate’s magic hit him, it was almost worse than the whipping and his lips parted and a loud gurgling scream left him, he had thought he would not have that left in him as the foul magic seeped into his being, bones that were broken turned and snapped back into place. The pain of that was almost worse than the original breaking as he felt first his left hand. The bones cracking and snapping as they locked back in place, the atrophied muscle starting to move again.

The following thirty minutes were the most horrific thing Ali had ever experienced and then he felt the cool water touch his lips, it was so painful against the parched flesh that he took a deep breath, the water entered him and it hurt. Why did this wicked woman try and save him, he had just gotten into accepting the idea of death.

His wicked body betrayed him as he took a breath, the burn of his lungs was all but gone and he took a slightly deeper breath. Drawing his lungs open, the ribs that were cracked were not anymore and he found that the labored breath he had been taken were not needed anymore and he turned to look at the fox like lady and he turned his head on her and he said to her. “You should have let me die, but for your kindness I do not have the words to thank you.”

Strange, this girl wasn’t much older than a child and she had poured magic into him that a master wizard had failed to do, what in the name of the Gods was she. Eyes focused on her for a moment before defocusing again, God it even hurt to look. Revenge… he would have it, but first he would let the healing take place.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:49 am 

Kate lowered her fox ears and tensed. Her heart stopped when he screamed. She resisted holding him tighter until he stopped and he relaxed. His voice was raspy when he spoke. She lightly stroked his cheek. When he thanked her, tears filled her eyes and she sniffled. "No one deserves this. Least of all you." She wiped her eyes with her mage robe sleeve. "I have more water. I am glad you are alive. I will not allow any harm come to you. You are a gift and I will take care of you. She offered him more water. I am Lady Katheryn Lyons, mage student. I am not a master mage or I could restore you completely. What is your name?"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:48 am 

Ali when he took the water the second time, started to heave. The pain that shot through him as he felt the muscles in his abdomen tighten again just made him more miserable. The blessed water the healer had given him was wasted as he looked mournful as he whispered, “I’m so sorry... K..Katheryn. I.. I.. don’t know my name.”

There was a groan from Ali as he tried to sit up, but the bruises across his abdomen were too severe to allow him to straighten and even the movement opened up the welts on his back and the dark red scabs were filled with fresh red blood dripping across his naked skin and he turned his attention back to Kate and he smiled just a little, “I .. I hope you can get me out of this hell, but I doubt it Lady.. Kath..Katheryn . I .. do not think I am long for the corvids.”

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:22 pm 

She held him close and adjusted her right hand, it was covered in crimson, "You will not die my gift. I have essence of the poppy for the pain. Apology accepted but uncalled for. I am going to turn you over. Forgive me for hurting you. I will give you a name fitted for your courage and endurance. I need to tend to your back. Soon you will have a soft bed and hot meal. I have food and will make you comfortable in my father's carriage." Slowly Kate set his head on her wadded up the cloak. "I will have you warm soon. You will not feel the needle. Promise."

Kate reached into her satchel and pulled out a black case removed a needle and syringe. She scooted where she could reach his hip and placed her hand gently over the deep blue contusion. "You will be relieved soon. Deep breath and let it out slowly." Kate injected him after she released mana. "There brave man soon this nightmare will end."

She set out the blanket on the floor. Roll onto this. Your wounds will let you breathe. Slowly good."

Kate gasped seeing his back was flayed and covered with oozing blood, sinew and festers. She sniffled and her hands above the small of his back shook. She blinked tears, "Gods who did such a thing. I am so so sorry."

Her voice was inaudible as she spoke unable to wipe her tears. "Malora, I will see you are punished for this. What is this a test? If you were I tear out your cold heart."

She sniffed and returned the contents to the case and retrieved a large silk cloth. She slowly laid over his back. She removed a vile of red liquid, the took a deep breath. "Never will anyone harm you ever again. I swear it." Kate sniffled and blinked tears. She wiped her cheeks with the back of her hands. "Gahh. No one deserves this. They do not!"

She sobbed as she poured the liquid over the cloth. The cloth released the healing potion slowly into his body. Kate cradled his left hand to her wet cheeks and kissed it. "You have to be the bravest man I know. You will be so spoiled. I am going to treat you like gold when we get home."

She took a wash rag and poured water over it. He could smell lavender and sage. The mage teen removed dried blood and hay out of his hair. "This is not your fault. None of it."
Kate cried in his hand, "I am so angry at my Aunt. I heard she was cruel. This is unforgivable. I swear it. You will have your revenge."

Kate returned his hand by his side slowly and stood up. She stormed to the gate, "Guaaaard. I want the person responsible to be held in the keep. By order of my father and the law of the shire. I exert my authority that this man be allowed to seek his revenge. Get my father's driver!"

A guard wearing green uniform was standing nearby watching Kate heal the man. He smartly rushed to her side and placed his fist over his chest. He nodded and ran out of the warehouse. A man 50-year-old man wearing a red footman's uniform, with graying hair and stood over six feet tall, hurried over toward her and his blue eyes gazed over the battered young man, "MyLady. Is everything alright?"
Kate motioned behind her, "No. He is alive and will remain in my care. Please, carry him into the carriage and he will be staying in my room. Papa is not due for a week and he is in my charge. Approach slowly and let him know you are not going to harm him. He is in no condition to walk."

Peel entered the stall and bent down and spoke in whispers in his ear "Easy Lad. Me names Peel. I come ta carry ya. I see ya in a bad way. I'll go slow. Can ya put ya arms around me neck? Ya gots ta 'and it to her ladyship. Best mage in the kingdom if ya kas me. Top of 'er class. She'll never admit it. Done ya good. She 'as. Ya one lucky fellow. Ya is. She is sweet on ya eyes. Her Papa, me Lord is a fair and just man, he is. His lordship is very protective of MeLady. Mind ya she ain't like no mistress. Mind ya self. Ya play yer hand ya just might win her heart. She's a lot of mage power, in a little package."

Kate gathered up her satchel and covered up her gift with a blanket. Once Peel held him in his arms. She raised a brow to Peel,"You telling him all my secrets." She grinned as Peel carried him out wiping her face.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:44 pm 

The fact the healer was worried he would be affected by a mere needle made Ali laugh and he groaned as he said, “Oh it hurts to laugh.” The thought of Poppy worried him just a fraction, for some reason in the back of his mind he remembered that the essence of it was very addictive, but the healer probably did know best. “Warmth .. isn’t .. something I’m worried about Ka.. Katheryn. I ... I .. do not have the strength to care.”

His body was so weak when she injected him with the mana his natural defenses didn’t even activate and he groaned a little as the magic flowed through him. He felt it tingle at the entry point of the needle, first it shot through him and he screamed as his nerves were made alive again. The beating had caused his body to produce natural endorphins to combat the pain, but the scream was only once before the injection of the opium touched him and he sighed softly. The pain was already rushing away and he knew that Kate had done wonders with him. Then he remembered he was supposed to breathe slowly, the cracked ribs made even with the opium his breath to come out rugged but he did try to breathe like she wanted but the pure chemistry of his being wasn’t ready ... even though the Mana coursed through him.

When he lowered onto the blanket he found the only way he could lie was on his left side, all three other directions were broken bones and then Kate rattled on about some woman, and he said to her. “I ... do not care for ... revenge ... I .. I .. don’t ..”. Then he was silenced by Kate pressing a potion to his lips and he swallowed it slowly, the potion, now that was the ticket ... until it started to work and he turned and another blood curdling scream left his lips, even with the opium he was no match to the magic coursing through him.

He felt the splintered bones start to mesh together and cracking as the magic knew the right shape of his body, and the marks on his back slowly began to close as the yellow pus in one of the wounds was forced out and it started to drip down in his back as the wound somehow sterilized and the infection that was due to come was eased out.

Then there was a man, he didn’t really care what the man said.. he couldn’t understand it. The magic that was running through him finally started to dissepate and he caught, “.. play yer hand ya just might win her heart. She’s a lot of mage power in a little package.” There was a strange look from the bloody man as he looked back to Kate, his one eye was still swollen shut and he said with the strength in him. “Lady Kate, do not punish your aunt. If you move against her like this the repercussions will be worse than if you do not do a thing, it is better that the world think I am dead. Do not bring righteous anger into this, for with one .. as I have experienced, such as she, it will tickle her sense of humor . It will make her happy. I want her to think I died. Give me time to heal, and I will ... when the time is right show that vengeance is a dish best served cold.”

Then he grinned, “What ever you did at least allows me to speak, though I do not trust my vision just yet. As I do not know my name anymore, what do you wish to call me ... Kate.”

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:35 pm 

Kate could not believe he did not want to punish the person for doing this. He screamed again and her entire being shook. She touched his cold cheek. "It will be over soon and you can rest. I hate this for you. You will never go back to her. I will tell her nothing, we will leave her guessing. She is dead to the family. Papa banished her years ago. The cloth will absorb all impurities and infection. I promise nothing but happy memories from now on. This will be the worst day you will have."

Peel carried him to a black carriage with gold gilding. A double fox head was painted in gold on the door panel. Kate opened it and on the floor, Peel made a bed from the seats and layed a quilt palate. Kate stepped aside as Peel entered easily and carefully laid the young man on the cushions. "Kate will be at ya side. Your the bravest lad I ever met."

He placed a picnic basket towards the gift's right side. He could smell the aroma of chicken, baked apples, cloves, citrus, and sweet bread emitting from the basket. Peel reached overhead and covered him with two quilts. He tucked them under his bare feet, side-stepped, and jumped down. Kate climbed in and closed the door once Peel was out. She shivered as she sat beside her gift. She held him once she leaned against the opposite door and pulled the basket toward her.

She opened to ceramic vessels one blue and one red. She unscrewed the top and poured the broth into the lid and held it to his lips. "It's hot, it will warm you. This is beef vegetable soup. Little sips. You are going to love Ann's cooking. If you ask me she is the best in the kingdom."

The blue vessel she held the cork in her mouth and pulled the mug with her left hand, "Chase with this. I hope you like hot apple cider with mild spices." Kate took a sip and held it to his lips. "Careful it is hot. We have an orchard and you can have apple brandy when we get home."

She removed a handkerchief and dabbed his lips. The mage reached up and pulled an ice sickle from the window and closed it. "This will cool them off." Kate placed the ice in the vessels and gently stirred. After he drank a few sips She hollered to Peel, "We can go home now."

The carriage started with a lurch.

"I have been thinking of a name. As you can tell, I do not treat you as a slave, nor will I. Protocol would have me choose a name for you. I will give you choices. I do not want to publically be calling you 'my gift.' No one outside of the family need know you were a slave. Is there is a name you like?"

Last edited by LadyKate43 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:48 pm 

There was a faint shiver as he felt the cloth touch his skin, the magic didn’t really like his own. The infection however could not resist the magic that came with it and he groaned softly as the yellow pus stained with red blood was drawn out and he lost an inch of height on his back. When it had filled to it’s maximum capacity. Ali gave Kate a smile and he said to her, “My dear Kate, this day was a bare splinter of a memory. The cruelest memory I ever had was when my pregnant wife and unborn son were executed before I entered the tender mercy of your aunt.”

When Peel lowered him he patted his arm lightly as he said to the man, “Thank you.” Strength for more words were not in him but he did manage, “I will .. do better at thanking you when I am well friend.” Then he bowed his head and faded a moment till he smelt the delicious scent of the soup but even then he only managed about five or six sips and he looked at the cider with great trepidation before he said to Kate, “I’m not .. sure I can drink apples.” There was a faint frown as he whispered softly, “I .. don’t like them very much, you think this is a good idea?” Of course she did, and he groaned a little but he took the blue container and he swigged it and he blinked, it was -delicious- and he took another healthy swallow and he said, “Alright you can give me that anytime.” That caused him to smile at Kate and his face lit up with warmth though his right eye was still swollen from the beating.

All was good, until the coach lurched and he moved his arms wrapping around Kate’s hips and his biscep was starkly large against her belly, reaching to about an inch under her breast as he was tortured and muscular from long service as an oarsman but he was terrified like a child and he held onto her as such, he really had been beaten within an inch of his life and Kate had saved him, he did tell her.. “I .. will like what ever name you like. As long .. as you don’t leave me. Not for a little bit.. Please. Promise.”

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:40 am 

Kate swallowed hard and sniffled at the mention of his family. She wanted to know more but he suffered enough and she was not going to pry. He would tell her soon enough. "You have suffered so much under the cruelty of my aunt."

Peel nodded and lowered his voice, "No need to thank me. That f...king b...h deserves worse. We have much in common as does his lordship. Kate knows little of the pits. Best not discuss it. Soon we will talk."

"I leave you in good hands," he said, raising his voice. Peel placed his hand on the lad's shoulder lightly, "Friends Aye."

Kate's ears were lowered from the moment she saw him. She looked at him with anticipation as she figured he has never tasted apple cider. It was a family favorite and was not surprised Malora never gave him a taste. "I hope in the days to come you will smile more and more. He held onto her waist and pleaded with her. Her heart melted and she raised her fox ears. All that power and muscle held her for dear life. She thought for a moment of her parents.

"Leave you, never you are a gift, no a treasure. Until we find who you really are. I will call you Trillian Brevir Lyons. Trillian means he who has no name and Brevir for courage and strength. I am not of age yet to make it legal. As soon as I turn eighteen I will take you before the magistrate. Papa can do it but you are my treasure."
She covered him with her tail. Kate held her hand below brand marks of a fleur-de-lis with the initials MLC seared into his skin over her stomach.

"You are safe now. We still have an hour. I almost forgot." Kate reached into her mage robe pocket and held them to swollen cracked lips. "Eat these. These are peppermint leaves. They will settle your stomach. There is more food at home. Never will you be beaten or starved. Sleep. You earned a long holiday. No duty and only rest. I have you and am I am not letting go. I promise."

She blinked tears and held him close. Her mana energy spent she rested her head against his and fell asleep. Peel stopped the carriage and opened the carriage door. A blast of cold woke to her and she opened and closed her eyes. She did not want to awaken her charge as she whispered, "Peel, please take him to my room. At last, he is sleeping. I will get Ann. Any word from Papa?"

She gently placed his head on the cushion. She slowly stood up stiffly and quietly stepped out. Peel lifted the young man and hurried into the manor to Kate's room. Kate collected quilts and her satchel. She made a beeline into the kitchen. An older woman of forty was bent over an over removing gingerbread cookies.

"Ann, come quickly I need your help."

The woman over the stove wore a long black dress with a lace high collar and a full white apron covered her body. She rushed to Kate's side. The teen mage took the cook's hand as she led her upstairs, "You are not going to believe this. I have one of Malora's pets. Peel is taking him upstairs. He was near death and I saved his life. Gahh! I hope Papa lets me keep him. Have you hear any word about when he and Jon are coming home?"

Ann gasped, "Malora's pet. Katie are you sure? Yea and he sounds educated. He was horrid. Ann, he has been beaten, whipped, and branded. Let us not worry about the sheets. Get his breeches off, get him changed into warm pajamas. I give him a bath tomorrow."

"Kate this highly improper. You not of age or married."

"Ann it is all right. I am a healer. I do not care about protocol. Come let us get him dressed for bed."

Ann opened the door and Peel had a basin of warm water ready, washcloth, and underclothes and pajamas. The three were careful not to awaken him. It was morning three days later before he woke up. Ann and Kate kept round the clock watch. When he woke up Kate was dressed in a blue cotton blouse, a wool navy blue full, floor-length skirt, with matching over blouse. She was sitting up next to him on the bed. He stirred in a night terror. Kate hopped off the bed and touched his forehead. He was hot with fever. He moaned and thrashed. Kate did not hold him down. She dropped a washcloth over his forehead. She softly called him, "Treasure, Gift, Trillian, Trillian. Wake up. Wake up. Malora can't hurt you. You are dreaming my gift. Your Alright. I am Kate. Do you remember me? Yes, you do. Welcome back to the living. She can not hurt you. You are far away from her. You are in Wildwood Shire. In my room. Hello. Goodmorning. Is good to see your awake. I bet you are hungry. Foods coming."

Kate pulled a gold cord from beside the nightstand. "I promised I would be close. You did not hurt me. I know better than get within arms reach of a warrior when he is thrashing."

Kate poured him a glass of water and held it to his red lips. "I got it, your going to feel weak for a few days."

In moments Ann softly knocked, "You rang. Ahh good, our new family member is awake. Good Marrow. I brought ya breakfast. I was not sure what ya liked. I made eggs, toast, oatmeal, pancakes, biscuits, bacon, honey butter, and syrup. Kate told me ya like apple cider. Ya gave us a scare. Glad to see ya pulled through. Katie, I brought ya tea a gingerbread cookie."

Kate chuckled, "You got him enough for a week. It will be a day or two before he can eat solids, Ann. Keep the eggs, oatmeal, and honey butter."

Kate removed the dishes and brought them over. "Ann will you help me take him the privy, please."

"Trillen you may eat then take a bath."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:13 pm 

“Dwelling on suffering, Kate, only lets the person who have inflected the suffering win.” Ali informed Kate, his voice a level that he didn’t truly feel but he knew if he let the anger touch him that he would be truly lost.” When Peel informed that the ****ing deserved worse he did smile and he looked over to the man and he nodded his head. Ali liked people like Peel, he always knew where he stood with them. The thought of a slave getting apple cider would be laughable if he had heard that but when she told him that he would smile more he said, “Keeping Peel around will do that, Kate, he has a sense of humor a man can truly appreciate.”

“Trillian Brevir Lyons.” What an odd name, but he supposed it was as good as any and Trillian looked over to Kate and he nodded his head a little bit, “I do not know if I am ever safe, Kate, but I will try and be as unconcerned about the future as possible.” Taking the peppermint leaves he took one bite and promptly spat them out as he said to Kate, “That has to be the foulest thing I have ever tasted Kate. It makes my teeth hurt too.”

Trillian blinked as he was informed that he was going to Kate’s room … he was just a common man what would a lady like that be taking him to her room for, he looked at her a little aghast as he wondered what Kate wanted from him. Keeping still he pretended to be asleep, which wasn’t hard he really didn’t want to move at all. Soon the pretending was reality passed out…

… to find him awake in Kate’s -bed- and he wondered what the heck was going on as Trillian sat up sharply which made his head swim and he looked around as he looked at the food and back at his changed clothes and he licked his lips and he bit his lower lip and looked back at Kate and Ann and he simply said, “Yes Ma’am.” Kate was out of her mind he had decided but at least he knew that he was going to be okay he supposed, but he wasn’t sure how this ‘father’ of hers would respond to a big, full grown, naked man in his daughters bed. Wait.. did she say bath… he blushed darkly as he looked over to Ann helplessly, he wondered if Kate arranged -everyone- whether they were well or sick and he licked his lips a moment and decided he was too miserable to fight Kate and he ate his food. “Just no more peppermint.. please.”

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:44 pm 

Kate was happy to see his eyes open after such a long sleep. She was surprised his face turn crimson at the mention of his bath. "I promise no peppermint. I have known friends that do not like it."

Ann brought a bowl over to Kate, "I know you are capable of feeding yourself. This will be the only time I have to pamper you. You deserve a little spoiling after all you have suffered. Small bites and in a few days I will get you on solid food. Never again will you be forced to fight. I will see that you continue to train. With the skills you have Papa might spar with you."

Kate took the bowl from Ann and placed it in her lap. She held the spoon to his lips as she spoke. "Not until you completely healed will you be allowed to spar. I will show you around the manor as you feel mobile. Your looking better already. You are lucky you can self-heal, Trillen."

She fed him half the large porcelain bowl of stag stew with vegetables. "I would not give you a bath before your wounds have scabbed over. May I ask if you are pure human or can you shape-shift? You may heal faster in your original form. I noticed you are able to self-heal. That is one ability I do not have. I can heal others but I have to rely on nature or God whatever you believe in."

She handed him an orange segment. If you can keep this down you may have more. We import these from the Southlands. Would you like hot apple cider or tea? We grow our own apple and make cider and apple brandy. I gave you your last shot of poppy this morning. Tomorrow you may have stronger spirits of brandy or a hot toddy."

Kate handed Ann the bowl. Ann took the bowl and placed it on a silver tray. Then Ann moved closer to the bed and held her arm out. "Dear, is bath time and give yourself time to sit on the edge of the bed. When your ready to stand hold on to me and Katie. You got nothing I've not seen before. The bath is a few step away."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:05 pm 

“Thank you for that promise, Kate.” Trillen moved up a little bit as he enjoyed the food that was provided for him, and he smiled at Ann and he proceeded to take the small bites as instructed but his stomach was not used to that much food but the healing had made him ravenous. It was a delicate balance but after giving up all his food ... how ever long ago it was he looked at Kate with a bit of surprise, “I don’t self heal, Kate. I just am a fit man whom has been beaten so often that I adapted. We all do that, adapt... It’s adapt or die, survival of the fittest... As a healer you surely know what I mean.”

The bowl contained meat and vegetables and after one bite he knew it was deer and he delighted in it and then he looked up and he said softly to Kate, “I don’t know if I can shape shift or not, I don’t know if I’m human or not.. all I know is that I owe you my life.” Trillen moved his blankets back and his muscles ripples as there was truly no excess fat on the abused man. “I don’t know where the Southlands are either... you’re going to have to teach me a lot.”

Trillen moved his body and it was sluggish and slow but the care that Kate had given him was already beginning to work wonders and he placed his bruised feet on the ground and to his surprise the floor was not cold, he smiled as he stood up. Then promptly fell back down again, his legs were not able to support his weight and he looked over to Kate and he said, “It maybe a few steps away, M’Lady Kate, but it may as well be an eternity. I have never been so weak in my life.”

PostThis post was deleted by Shades on Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:24 pm.
Reason: Double post
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:34 pm 

She smiled when he thanked her, "Trillen, You do not speak as if you were born a slave. You speak common as well as a learned man. Kate was delighted he was able to eat and keep the food down. "I know your staving you will have more. In time we will find out. I know from your speech you are not from the lower classes. Do you have any memory of being educated?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:08 am 

Trillen thought about it for a few moments and then he shook his head slowly, “No Kate, I honestly do not recall anything except the slave ship.” There was a smile as he lifted his scarred hand and he squeezed Kate’s knee before he focused on getting back up. Trillen really wanted the bath and he told Kate as such, “I’m actually really looking forward to that bath.” There was a strange hmmm, “I remember that hot water when it’s against abused muscles make them happier.”

Sliding his hands under him he lifted his body up to his knees, he didn’t really care if Kate saw him crawl, and he did just that like a child. Sliding his body forward as his hands rested against the warm floor he would have to ask her how the warmth was kept there, but he didn’t care right now.. No he was bound and determined to enter that bath.