All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gaea/Dragon Lands 1x1
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:35 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Riu was lost. Not that that was hard considering she was in a world she had never been to before. Her mother had shoved her through a portal, something Riu didn't even know she could do, telling Riu that she had to find someone to help her. Of course, Riu hadn't heard who that someone was, so Riu was doomed.

The small bag of coins would quickly diminish, Riu knew. There wasn't a lot of coin in the bag, and they all seemed to be a small denomination. Riu had never even seen coins that looked like these either. The stamp on them wasn't in a language she quite recognized either. The letters were the same as the Treaty language back home. But the words themselves were unrecognizable.

Riu froze. The sound of wood being nailed echoed past her through the trees. All the interactions she had had so far had been unpleasant ones with the military. Riu had made a point of avoiding them after that. Her experience back home made that easy enough at least. This wasn't military though. She pulled herself up into a tree and found a vantage point that allowed her to see the source of the noise. A man was driving a wooden stake into the ground.

Riu dropped down and came upon the restaurant from the road. "Hello." She said somewhat tentatively.

"Ah hello. I haven't seen you around here before. How are you doing? Can I help you?"

"I am doing okay," Riu spoke the local language well enough though she maybe spoke a bit archaic. "I am afraid that I cannot read your language though." Riu pointed to the sign.

"Ah, no worries. It's a help wanted sign." The man paused and looked Riu over. "I suppose I should take it down. It's already done its job." The man grinned, and with one hand pulled the sign back out of the ground. "What is your name kid?"

"Riu Kovac." She wanted to add that she wasn't a kid, not by any means. She also wanted to ask what his name was, but she resisted the urge.

"Then come on in Riu. I'll teach you how to read our language a bit, at least a menu. And you'll take orders of incoming soldiers. War is a nasty thing, but my restaurant is neutral territory." The next couple of days Riu spent learning how to read the menu; it was close enough what the restaurant proprietor called Old Meanish, and Riu called Treaty, that she had little problem with it. She spoke still a more archaicly than most, but she wasn't struggling as hard as she had.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:25 pm 

The lithe little shirohaku woman skidded under a cart before leaping to the top of the building beyond. She heard the volley of arrows connect with the wooden cart as her sandals touched down on the edge of the roof. She propels herself forward, reaching the opposite edge of the building in one leap and proceeds to leap to and across the next roof. Not wanting to be predictable she drops into an alley behind that one and pulls her cloak around her, slipping into the market. This area had been torn up recently and her safe house was compromised.

Sora curses herself for her poor judgement. She never should have come so close to the edge of the neutral territory. The lines were shifting again and she had a feeling that Maenon was trying to take Serenity again, for the gods-only-know-how-many-th time. Warmongering bastards. Not that she really believed Tianguo and their propaganda and veritable brainwashed patriotism was much better. That was a debate for another time though.

At least her mission had been successful. Retrieving this book was important. She clutches her bag a bit tighter. Errol, the ass, was getting worse about the poisons he used against them and she needed as much information as she could get. The medicine in this book was said to draw out near any poison introduced into and species that had a stomach. It would be yet another way for her to help keep people alive and in the end, it was worth the risk. Now if only she can make it out of here without being captured she can call it a success as well.

Weaving in and out of the stands and people at the market she makes sure to keep herself covered. Her bright golden blonde hair tended to stand out. Not for the first time she wonders if she should just dye it brown. She knew though that it was one of her more recognizable traits and her allies and patients found her by it as often as her enemies did. In the end she can't waste the resources for that anyway. The water and chemicals weren't hard to come by but she was always short on time. Always.

She sees the brutes looking for her heading down the street and she quickly ducks down a side path. She finds herself at the very edge of town with the scouts closing in. She has a snap decision to make. The wound in her side will heal eventually but it would be killer to try and fight with it. She spies and older looking pub and ducks inside. She sees a young woman there and gives her a slightly wild eyed look. The blood from her wound has run all down her front by now. "Please don't tell them I'm here!" She begs before ducking under one of the cloth covered tables. If she had to fight then so be it but she wanted to avoid it right now if she could. Not a minute after she dives under the table Maenish soldiers come through the door.

They look at Riu and and hold up a flyer before dismissing the idea that she was the one they were looking for. One of them speaks. "You seen a blonde little cat girl today?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:43 pm 

War was a grotesque thing. Riu had already seen too much of it before ending up in this part of the world. She couldn't say why her mother had chosen this place. But whatever the reason Riu would hopefully discover it one day.

The blonde woman was covered in blood. Riu figured she would be dead soon, but she also knew what would happen if the woman was captured by soldiers. Riu clenched her right fist behind her back. "Uh, sorry I haven't seen her." The combination of her curse and working in a pub was not easy, but she had found phrases that worked well enough. "I have a menu for you if you would like." Riu pasted a smile, a trained one that didn't show her carnivore teeth. The soldiers were uninterested though.

"No. Please report if you see this cat girl though." They handed her a copy of the flier.

"Will do." Riu, took a look at the flier as if she was seriously considering the face on it. And then the soldiers were gone, off to look other places. "They are gone," Riu said to the woman. "I'll get the first aid kit."