All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:57 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Kate placed all the crystals except the diamond in a box. Then walked toward the door. "Come with me. I bet you can find things in the attic. There are a lot of things up there that have been lost a long time. Would you like me to carry you? There are a lot of steps. We keep stuff up here that are either old or out of season. The Winterfest boxes are empty. I might find some things for you to decorate your house. Would you like that?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:01 am 

Hello everyone. Please feel free to speak to me. I am so lonely.

Ally's eyes shone with eagerness. *Oh yes! Please.*

Jacques got up and walked around his room. Everything was gone but the letters that he had in his hand. He walked out to the hallway slowly looking for anyone to guide him to his room.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:11 am 

Ann passed by his door just as he opened it, "Hello. Dear. Didyou have a nice nap? What can I do fur ya? Would you like something to eat or drink? I was just on my way to check upstairs. You look better. I was worried about you. Good to see you getting around. Come into the kitchen if you are hungry."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:13 am 

"No I am not hungry. Just wanted to know where my new bedroom is so I can do a few things is all. Do you know Anna?" Jacques asked quietly.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:24 am 

Ann tilted her head, "Are you well enough to make it upstairs? I know everyone that works in the manor. Who is Anna?
As Ann waked to the bottom of the stairs, Kate exited her room. Ann called, "Katie your patient has awoken. Can I send him upstairs?"
Kate picked up Ally and walked to the landing. "Come on up Jacques. I will show you your room. I was taking Ally to the attic. Would you like to join us? You look so much better. How do you feel?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:54 am 

"Perhaps my mind is thinking of someone else.... I am not sure. I'll just go upstairs and see my room." Jacques spoke as he walked to the stairs.
"I am better but not perfect."

Jacques went up to the second floor and smiled at Kate.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:19 pm 

"That nap helped you. You can have the room across mine or at the end of the hall. Each room has its own bathroom and if you want a room of the gardens, the one at the end of the hall has the best view. The room across mine has a lovely view of the fountain and main drive. Both rooms we can decorate in the decor you like. They are masculine in style. Heavily carved in dark mahogany antiques and dark fabrics. We can shop of you don't like them. The curtails are heavy burgundy and deep green."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:03 pm 

"I am sure that either one would be fine. But I think a view of the gardens would be a bit better. So let's go see what it looks like, shall we?" Jacques responded.

*Me go too!* All spoke up.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:23 am 

Kate glided her hand down the baby's back and scratched her neck slowly. "We will all go see his room and see if he likes it. Alli, stay with me, this room has only been used for guests. If there were any shiny's I have found them by now."
Kate opened the door for Jacques, "I hope you like your room."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:55 am 

Jacques walked into the room and smiled.
"This room will be fine. Thank you Miss Kate. Please tell me of the rules and schedules so that I may be sure not to break any." he spoke as he took up a pad of paper and quill to write with.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:19 pm 

Kate sat in his desk chair and pointed at the bed, "Please sit. There are a few main rules. Never go into anyone's room without knocking. Never be late for meals unless you're on an outing or sick. If a guard is on duty, you keep a distance of 10 feet. No going into the barracks. If the study doors are closed I wait for Papa to open them. He is busy with stuff or with someone if they are closed. Papa is generous with his time and is a firm but fair man. In time he will become a good friend. He takes his time making friends. Betray him and he is your worst enemy. Jacques, you are in a safe place. Oh yeah, no magic around Papa. We can practice outside away from the manor and at the Mage Guild castle. You have run of the manor and may go into the parlor, the kitchen and go into Papa's study and library any time the door is open. Read any book you like. If the family goes to visit other lords, you may stay. If we go to the palace, you come with us. Anything else comes up ask. Have you formal clothes? I go to dances and would love to have you accompany me."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:40 pm 

"I don't have anything in style nor have I danced over the last several years. I am to go to a Mr. Snead for clothing. Your father is holding my money so I guess that I am to charge it.

I will be training with the men. I am to buy the best weaponry even if it is a magical one which surprised me. I am not sure what kind of weaponry I should get. I wish that I had Father's dress sword and his sword cane. They had a dragon head on them. I probably won't ever be able to find them again.

I also would like to get new trunks for traveling so that I can look presentable if we go to the castle. Perhaps a decent cloak and what ever else you think I need. Maybe a pair or two of boots." Jacques spoke quietly as he thought.
"I think that perhaps I should make a list of items and make sure that your father approves of my purchases."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:20 am 

"You will not have to worry about Papa's approval. I am afraid he is a bit old-fashioned. Mr. Snead is always up to date on all young men's styles. If you want you can wear clothes that compliment mine. I will catch you up on the latest dances. Do you play an instrument?"

Kate became lost in thought of what he would look best in. She was thinking something magey. But she chuckled to herself that a robe on the dance floor would be awful. She visioned him falling flat on his face. "Oh sorry, what happened to your father's sword and cane? I can try to have scouts look for them. It's pretty amazing what the mages find. If the items were magical even easier to trace."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:19 am 

"My mother had a harmonium and she taught me to play when I was young. It is hidden in the a special place according to a letter that I have. Perhaps my father's Sword and cane are there as well. I am not even sure where it is. Both the Sword and Cane are of Magickal qualities. Father had to give them up to Mother is all that I know.

If at all possible, I'd like for my clothes reflect my family's colors of dark blue, dark green and grey. Perhaps one or two with a grey winged dragon on dark blue with with green eyes. The jewelry that belonged to my great grandmother was a silver dragon with green gems for eyes. It had many styles but all of this came from my father." Jacques spoke quietly.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:57 am 

Kate crossed her legs and leaned toward him, "We will go before the mages and tell them what was stolen from you. I am truly sorry. I would feel terrible if anything happened to Papa. I know what it feels like to lose a mother. This is not the time for you to feel sad. We are going to have fun and you will laugh again. See this as a new beginning. I only want to see things that make you happy. The rest you can put in your trunk and out of sight out of mind. May I see what is in your trunk? It's not so painful to share things with a friend. You're not alone anymore."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:10 am 

"Wouldn't it be best if they go find the secret place where my parents hid things? Or would it be best to let them know that I am missing this list of things which could be in the secret place?" Jacques asked as he thought.
"It would be very nice to have them back if at all possible."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:33 pm 

Kate scrunched her brow and nose, "We would have to wait till spring. You know where they hid their stuff? I would gladly take you. No one would suspect us. We can travel in disguise. No magic that could detect us. Do you know the way?"
The thought of getting out of the shire thrilled her. She was curious what happened to Jacques family. Why they left their belonging hidden? In time he would tell her. He did say he would want my trust.
She looked at his expression. Would the thought of going back interest him? He nearly died getting here. He would be with me and we could take our time. The portal oh Goah! "Jacques, I just had a thought. We can portal from the mage guild and just need the name of the nearest city with a mage guild. We could be there and back and not have to worry about the weather."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:43 pm 

"Slow down Miss Kate. Number one....by now I am a wanted man in my country and many know me. Number two....I don't know where the secret hideout is. Number three.... where ever it is, it may have been raided already. And lastly, if it is anywhere near the one and only Mage Guild which if I may so is very heavily guarded with Magic Guards...... then it wouldn't be a secret." Jacques spoke quietly.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:14 am 

"That all sounds difficult. It would make for an exciting adventure. You sneaking back into your family home. What if the treasure was hidden outside? No one would suspect you come back. It is a nice thought. Excitement. Maybe a little danger. But your right is best to forget it. If we planned it right you would have your family home back."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:10 am 

Jacques chuckled. "I'm sorry to say to that my family home is not a home any longer. I have been at the Mage Hall for over a year. Before I left I sold it so that I could buy what I needed. I figured that I could buy it back after I become a full fledged Mage. And the secret hiding place wouldn't be so close as that. I might be wrong but I'd place it close by like within a walking distance where I would be normally.

I wonder if Master has contacted the King. I suspect that the King would like to see me dead but not by his own hands. Perhaps as an accident or mishap of some sort. A few things that your father spoke of is leading me to those thoughts."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next