All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jaq's are Wild
View Likes PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:12 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Jason Todd / Red Hood

As Barbara unwrapped her legs in a hurry, Jason gulped in air to fill his oxygen starved lungs and jumped up from the ground. Just as he turned around to face her, about to launch himself in quick, hand-to-hand combat, her taser struck forward like two snakes, the prongs getting through his tough fabric and sent it's 50,000 volts into it. His entire leg collapsed beneath him, making him go onto his knee, while his useless, numb leg was behind him. "Son of a B I T C H." He cussed. That had hurt like hell!

He looked up at Barbara, who had just pulled the knife from her leg along with the batarang. They hit the ground with metallic chimes, which sounded almost awkwardly pleasant despite the painful situation they were both in. "Yeah, and you were always a b i t c h, so I guess we're even. Besides, that knife can slice through any of Batman's cords. It can cut through just about anything I want it to. Very useful," He grunted as he slowly made it to his feet, though favoring his right leg since the left had been so rudely electrocuted. "And you shouldn't be talking. You tasered my f u c k i n g leg!" He said, indicating to his poor left thigh.

Jason glowered at her from behind the mask, his patience spent. "I think I've had enough of our tussle. It was fun while it lasted, but I'm think I'm ending it here and now." He spoke in a raspy, dark voice. He pulled out both guns and pointed them at her, not thinking straight with the rush of the fight having taken over his senses. He was just about to pull the triggers when he shook his head a little, remembering the little rule he made for himself. He wasn't some serial killer. "On second thought," He growled, lowering his guns, "you aren't worth me losing two precious bullets." He put his guns back into the holsters. The moment they slipped in, an explosion went off not too far away, with green gas soon puffing upwards. Quickly he held his hands up innocently, since he did have a vast knowledge in explosives. "It wasn't me!" He said quickly before looking over. "That looks like...laughing gas." He spoke in a cold, distant tone. "Can I have my knife back? I might be needing it sooner than I was expecting."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:49 pm 

Barbara Gordon/Batgirl

"Yeah, I'm a b i t c h, what else is new." She made no move as he struggled to his feet. "You know, I think this was a very constructive talk. Hopefully, you got the message. Message being don't mess with me. And will you quit whining about your leg! I would have more sympathy if some A-HOLE hadn't just plunged a knife into MY leg!" Their discussion concluded, she began limping away, wanting nothing than to go home and sit in a hot tub for like forever.

That's when he pulled his guns on her. Seriously! Didn't this guy know when to quit!She tensed for a moment. But only for a moment. She was too tired to care about his posturing BS just right now. Besides, she didn't really think he'd do it. Her suspicions were confirmed as he re-holstered his handguns. "You kno..."

An EXPLOSION interrupted her! She looked at Jason accusingly but he held up his hands in denial. A chill went through her heart as an ominous green cloud of gas began rising in the distance. "That looks like...laughing gas," he told her. "I know." Her tiredness instantly disappeared. Six, maybe seven blocks. Alert and focused, the throbbing pain in her shoulder and leg forgotten, she reached for her ever trusty grapnel once more when a voice spoke up from behind her. Jason offering his help. Did she want it? Could she trust him? Mouth tightly set, she picked up his knife and threw it back at him. "Try and keep up," she told him grimly as she leapt off the rooftop.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:16 pm 

Jason Todd / Red Hood

He struggled to his feet, rolling his eyes from under the helmet when she said that the talk was constructive and the message was not to mess with her. "Wait..there was a message this entire time? Damn, that completely flew over my head. Oops," Jason said in a mocking apologetic voice. He watched her limping away before pulling his guns out and aiming them at fatal points. One at her head, the other her chest. She would pay for his leg, for everything...Jason then lowered his guns. He wasn't thinking straight. At least he could tell when we wasn't now instead of going with it. He began to push the guns into their holsters after saying an insulting comment, of course. He glanced up at Barbara when she began to speak, but the moment his guns were securely in their holsters, an explosion went off.

Jason immediately put his hands up innocently. It looked really bad, like the guns had triggered a switch or something, but he actually wasn't the culprit this time. As the green cloud rose up, Jason could feel himself become colder. Did that mean Joker was there? If he was...the clown was going to die by his hand. He'd do what Bruce has been failing to do for way too many years. Since Batgirl would be going, letting her approve of him fighting on her side would be good. And sure, he'd play by her rules...that is until he saw that pasty faced, green haired, smiling freak. Then he'd turn behind her back and kill the b a s t a r d. He didn't care about the consequences of that action. A dead Joker meant a better world and a happier him.

When she agreed and tossed his knife, his gloved hands caught the knife by the hilt and he slid it back into the strap at his right leg. He then took the batclaw from his waist and walked over, his left leg starting to regain its strength from the 50,000 volts. He jumped off the building after Batgirl, shooting the batclaw and eventually catching up with her. "No worries, I'm a pretty fast guy," He stated thinly. They weren't on good terms. He still wanted to beat the s h i t out of her, but at the moment, their team up wasn't a bad idea. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, right?

Upon getting to the location, Jason stayed crouched on a roof as he assessed everything happening below. People were laughing hysterically, Joker goons wearing gas masks were running around and spraying more of the gas. They were robbing a bank, it seemed. Ole Joker must be running low on cash. Batgirl could take care of them while he stayed up on the roof. He was looking for one person only...and he didn't see him. Jason narrowed his eyes...then saw a movement of shadows of the scene. It was very discrete, and extremely easy to miss. In fact, those on the ground level were probably completely oblivious of it. As fast as it had come, it was then gone...until he saw a form on a roof across the road from him. They were clad in black and small. The person looked over once, and even from the distance, the cyan color of the eyes peered and glowed through the shadows of their cloak, almost like a cat's. The color seemed to have sucked the air from Jason's lungs. The person was gone as soon as they had come, almost as if they had never been there. Don't tell me...was that.... Jason clenched his hands into fists. Looked like he was opening an investigation. He looked down where the fighting was going on with the goons. He needed their leader. Jason then dropped down after making sure his helmet was air tight and wouldn't let him inhale any of the gas before jumping down to join in.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:00 pm 

Barbara Gordon/Batgirl

Riverside Avenue. Just on the outskirts of The Narrows. Nightclubs and bars lined the street. No surprise that the area would be bustling at 2am but now it was bustling for all the wrong reasons. Trendy young Millennials dressed in glittery clubwear ran through the streets, laughing maniacally, amidst the broken glass from shattered storefronts and the flaming wreckage of numerous car crashes.

She saw the cause of all the chaos. A group of about a dozen gaudily clad thugs in clown masks were spread out, spraying innocent bystanders with nozzles attached to heavy tanks attached to their backs. Joker gas. Barbs' jaw clenched tightly behind her gas mask as her eyes zeroed in on the largest cluster of goons. They were exiting the lobby of a small community bank, their arms loaded down with canvas sacks of cash. So, this was the reason for all the chaos. A bank heist. The Clown needed cash. How pathetic. At least, the pasty-faced prince and his psychotic lady jester were no where to be seen. It was the only saving grace in this whole sordid scene.

As much as she hated to, she ignored the robbers. Her first priority were the other half of the group, the goons gassing innocent civilians. She released her cable and cannonballed the closest gang member. Her momentum sent the criminal crashing to the concrete, his unconscious body cushioning her fall. Coming out of her tuck, she threw a pair of batarangs at two other cretins, slicing through the air hoses on their gas masks. They instantly began laughing uncontrollably, clutching their faces with both hands.

By now, she had gotten their attention. "It's Batman's little b i t c h! Get her!" They surrounded her in a tightening circle. Eight of them. She could handle them, no problem, but a little help would be appreciated. Where the hell was Jason?!

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:18 pm 

Jason Todd / Red Hood

Those eyes took him back to a time he only visited in the form of nightmares. He barely ever tried to transport himself back in that time of haze, pain and laughter. There had only been a shred of light in those two years, coming in the form of a 14 year old girl with cyan colored eyes. Cyan colored eyes that had just peered at him now for a split second. A shred of guilt actually spread through Jason. He had completely pushed her from his mind all these years. He never did know what had happened to her. While it was extremely possible whoever went across the roof was a completely different person than who he was thinking of, the chance that it could be her was enough to drive Jason forward. He had to know, if it was her...he wouldn't leave her behind like last time.

Now, however, was not the time for reminiscing. Joker's goons were hauling cash and gassing the innocents. It was "It's Batman's little b i t c h" that really caught his attention though. "Aw. She needs my help," Jason grinned, jumping down from the roof. Since they weren't expecting help to be literally falling from the sky, the goons weren't looking up, and one broke his fall. Jason made sure to punch him in the head for good measure to make sure that he was unconscious. "Hello boys!" Red Hood piped up, getting to his feet and spreading his hands out, "Miss me?" A few glanced at each other. "Uh...do we know him?" He heard one man say and he sighed. "Really, I'm insulted. Batgirl, you can go ahead and get the money since that is going to be a lot more boring than this," he cracked his knuckles, "I can take care of these seven."

The moment he finished, Red Hood burst into action. He slammed his elbow back against one of the guy, feeling his nose break even beneath the clown mask. That sure had to hurt. Two others rushed up, drawing out guns, but he was faster. He grabbed his batarangs and tossed them, which embedded into the nozzles of the guns. One of them fire right after it happened, and the gun blew up in his hand, making the man scream out in pain. Red Hood ignored him as he whimpered, instead heading for the man who tossed his useless gun away. His enemy threw a punch, which Red Hood easily caught then ducked under him, bringing the man's arm with him in a twist. He then tugged the arm sharply as he stood up, hearing a satisfying crack followed by the man's howl. Releasing his useless arm, Jason them punched the side of his head, knocking him out. Ugh, he'd already be done if he could kill. He turned to the others, who seemed to be sizing him up or building their courage. "Who's next?"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:10 pm 

Barbara Gordon/Batgirl

I knew that I couldn't depend on him! She prepared to take on all eight goons by herself when, speak of the devil, Red Hood dropped out of the sky. Taking a page out of her playbook, he used one of the thugs as a landing pad. Knocking the man out with a well-placed punch, he decided NOW was the time to play comedian?! None of them recognized him. Of course they wouldn't! Idiot! "Batgirl, you can go ahead and get the money since that is going to be a lot more boring than this." THE HELL?! Did he just...dismiss her?! She wasn't his sidekick?!

She glowered at him but he was already engaging them, smashing his elbow into one clown's face. Well, at least he isn't shooting them. Two more clowns went down. Now the odds were an easily manageable 4-to-1. Fine, he wanted to play gloryhound, let him. She headed after the group loading a convertible with their bank haul. There were just three of them now. Child's play. She would barely work up a sweat.

"OH S H I T!" The trio dropped the bags of loot, pulled out assault rifles and started firing. Batgirl dove behind a car, letting them empty the magazines of their rifles in their panic fire. Sure enough... "S h i t! I'm out!" Clumsily, they began reaching for fresh magazines. She closed the distance between them before they could. They were bunched up. Bad strategy, boys. Twisting a rifle loose, she used the stock to pop Goon#1 in the gut while taking out Goon#2 with a palm strike. Goon#3 got the bright idea to use his rifle as a club, raising it overhead and charging her as she crouched down and swept kicked, sending him crashing on his a s s. A knee to the forehead finished off the doubled-up G1. A flurry of punches took care of G2 while a simple snap kick put down G3 for the count. Like she said, child's play.

She turned back to her partner in crimefighting to see if he needed any help.

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:24 am 

Jason Todd / Red Hood

With his comments and dismissal, Red Hood was almost expecting Batgirl to march straight up and punch him in the face. His quick action against the goons seemed to be effective in him getting to beat up the remaining goons, however, and she instead actually went to stop the guys at the truck. Did that mean he scored a point in their feud? Cause he certainly thought it did! So far he had knocked out three, and one had a burned up hand. That left 4 able bodied goons, and one injured crybaby goon. This was certainly going to be fun.

As Batgirl ran off, the four men kept nervously glancing at him and each other before all four rushed at him, yelling loudly as a form of some battle cry. Not for the first time, Red Hood wished for his gun. It would be so easy to kill all four of them. The injured one was sitting on the ground, cradling his hand, so he was just being useless and wasn't much of a threat, if at all. Three of the four pulled out knives, and one pulled out a gun, immediately aiming it at him. Red Hood quickly took how a smoke explosive and threw it at them. It exploded with a startling light, blinding them for a moment, and Red Hood moved into the fog cloud, his helmet allowing him to see. It was easy taking them out then. All he had to do was land hard hits to their temple, and they crumpled. He got rid of all the knife wielders this way. He was almost disappointed by how easy it was. Finally, he got to the gun guy, though the fog had started clearing by then. Gunshots rang out as the man fired at Red Hood...though it was pretty useless. His body armor was bulletproof. So Red Hood walked up to the man, eventually ducking when he caught on to "bulletproof" and aimed at his head and pulled the trigger. That would have probably killed him. Jason ripped the gun from the man's head and tossed it aside before grabbing his throat and squeezed, throwing him against the wall harshly. "Where's the leader here?" He asked in a low, intimidating voice. "The...the one with the burned hand! Just...just don't hurt me!" He said in a trembling voice. Ugh, pathetic. "Riiiight," Red Hood said in a bored voice, pulling one of his guns out and slamming the butt of it against the man's head, knocking him out.

Red Hood dropped the man to the ground then stalked over to the weak, pathetic leader. Grabbing the front of his shirt, he pulled him up roughly before pressing the muzzle of the gun to his head. "I need you to tell me-" He began thinly, only to be cut off by "GCPD, drop your weapon!" Red Hood paused, annoyance filtering through him. "You have got to be kidding me," he muttered under his breath, pushing the lead goon away from him and turning towards the officers. "We said put the weapon down!" They repeated and Jason shook his head. "Yeah, I don't think so." He spoke, which earned all the police to aim their guns at him. "Whoa...let's all be rational here, officers. I just took out eight, well seven right now, of Joker's goons which were stealing from the bank. I'm not the enemy here," He said calmly, spinning his gun around his finger. Then guess who decides to show up? Commissioner freaking Gordon. Just his damn luck. While Gordon may not know his true identity, he sure knew that he and Batman weren't on great terms. Gordon knew just about everything going on in Gotham, and there was definitely no way he forgot about Red Hood's little gang takeover and Batman crusade.

"Red Hood. Does Batman know you're here?" He demanded, and Red Hood slowly put his gun back in the holster. "That confidential, Commissioner. Try calling him all you want but what Batman doesn't know won't hurt him," He stated in a sharp tone. Gordon narrowed his eyes and Red Hood spoke up before he could make another comment. "You're wasting my time. Batgirl is over there if you need information about the whole bank situation," He indicated over to Barbara before releasing one of his explosive gas balls and using his batclaw to get out of there while they couldn't see him. Once getting to a roof, Jason began running across the rooftops as he made his way back to the crappy motel he was staying at. The place was rundown, and probably had more than enough prostitution happening in over half the occupied rooms, but it was cheap and Jason hadn't planned on staying in Gotham for too long. The thought of going to Wayne Manor had entered his mind. Seeing Alfred...having great food, a good bed and room...the nostalgia of all of it was addictive, and he almost decided to drop by. It just wasn't a good idea. Jason pulled off his helmet and began to take all his weapons off...and his clothes until he was just in boxers. Man, he was tired. Tomorrow was going to be interesting...he was going to be bailing Joker's main goon tonight out of jail, and that meant speaking to Ms. Barbara Gordon.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:54 pm 

Barbara Gordon/Batgirl

Oh great. I can't leave him alone for a second. No sooner had he finished off the last of the Joker's goons when the GCPD showed up. Now he was in a standoff with them because he wouldn't drop his guns. What macho BS! Appears I'll have to get him out of another mess. Sighing, she started over when who should arrive but Commissioner Gordon! S h i t! The LAST thing she needed was Dad showing up!

Oh $#@!! Jason was pointing her out to Dad. There was a sudden flash as the red-masked bad boy threw a couple smoke grenades on the ground and made his getaway. She could have talked to the cops for him but at least he had made his exit without getting in a shootout. She wondered if she would see him again. Part of her hoped that she wouldn't but a very small part of her did.

She didn't have time to dwell on her longing or not-longing for the dark-haired antihero as Dad started walking over. She took a deep breath and girded herself. She could never tell if Dad knew her secret or not. She had never told him and if he did know, he had never let on. But in all their Commissioner/Masked Vigilante interactions, she always got the niggling feeling that, good detective he was, that deep down he knew full well that his little baby girl was Batgirl.

"Joker?" he asked, approaching her.

"I don't think so," she began. "No sign of either him or Harley. Plus, the whole thing lacks a certain...flair. If I had to guess, I'd said that he sent his goons on a simple money grab. You'll find the cash and the rest of his gang over by the convertible. What about the victims?"

"They're already recovering. Whatever gas they used was a weak concoction. Are you alright?" he asked, concern in his voice, noticing the bandages around her thigh and shoulder."

"It's nothing, Commissioner. Just a minor stab wound. The bleeding's already stopped."

Gordon's expression tightened. It looked like he wanted to say something but stayed quiet.

"Really, it's nothing," she did her best to reassure her Dad, even going as far as offering a small smile.

"You're sure. I mean, you could have an EMT..."

"I'm fine," she told him.

"Working with Red Hood now?" Gordon asked, changing the subject.

"More like keeping an eye on him," she clarified.

"Should I be worried?"

She shook her head. "I'll make sure he doesn't get in trouble. If you can, let your people know. Red Hood can be a little...hot headed, heh," she smirked at the small joke.

"Sure thing, Batgirl. Anything else?"

"No. Not unless you know a good masseur. I'm going home."

One of the advantages of owning your own building in a bad part of town is that no cares when a costumed crimefighter comes back home, racing her cycle up a hidden ramp and climbing through the skylight. After turning on the hot water and dropping bath salts into the tub, she walked into her bedroom and started peeling off her costume. Cape. Cowl and wig. She unbuckled her utility belt and tossed it on the bed. The boots came next. Gingerly peeling off her tights, she winced. Getting her med kit, she carefully unraveled the bandages. Fifteen stitches later, her thigh was as good as new. Removing her compression top, she took a look at her shoulder wound. Luckily, no stitches needed there, just a fresh patch which she slapped on. Shrugging out of her bra and briefs, she sauntered back to the bathroom. "Ahhhhh..." she sighed softly as she slipped into the tub. A relaxing half hour later, she changed into a long tee and shorts. Stowing her costume and equipment in her safe room, she headed to the kitchen. Leftover chicken and potato salad. And after that, bed. As soon as her head hit the pillow, she already felt herself drifting off. A good thing about living where you work is that you don't have to worry about the commute...

The Next Morning

Marci turned the key in the lock and entered the office. Barb wouldn't be in unto noon...as usual. Her sleepy-head boss had left a message on her phone saying she had a loooong night. Marci never pegged Barbara Gordon as a party girl. Not like Marci. Last night, the punk-haired paralegal had been rocking out to this awesome new alt-rock band at the Ottobar. Yet, here she was, bright and early, ready for work! Who said that Marci Summers wasn't responsible! Now, she just had to hold the fort until Babs decided to wake up and come downstairs. Not that she expected any clients to come walking through the door...

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:40 pm 

Jason Todd / Red Hood

The surrounding was dark, and the stone around the room was chillingly cold. Dried blood was splattered everywhere. Jason Todd's wrists were bound by fishing wire, and was hanging by them. While his feet were on the ground, the bend in his knees showed that he wasn't putting his weight on them. The blood slowly trailing down his arms in a web-like pattern said that his wrists were taking the weight. Jason's head was ducked, his long, shaggy black hair matted with grime and blood. It covered his eyes and the majority of his face in shadow. The 17 year old was heaving out and taking in shallow breathes. He had a few broken ribs, if he had to guess. His robin costume, once proud, was now covered in blood and torn all over the place.

"I'm baaaaaaaacccccckkkk!"

The voice sent a shiver through Jason, who raised his head only slightly. Dread began to fill his being. No more...why he did have to endure more? Where was Bruce? He should have found him by now. Who knows how f u c k i n g long it had been now? It felt like an eternity to the boy. In reality, it had only been two weeks. He watched as the green haired, sadistic clown strolled over, twirling the crow bar he had like a cane, and whistling a low, chipper tune. Eventually, he jumped before Jason and forced his head up by placing the end of his crowbar under his chin and tilting his head up. Jason's exhausted and distant eyes rested upon the man he came to fear each and every passing moment, shadows smudged under his eyes. The blue of his eyes was a startling contrast against the dark dirt, dried blood and grime.

"Did you miss me?!" Joker exclaimed, followed by a light laugh. Jason felt nauseous just seeing the smile. "Just...kill me...already..." Jason rasped out, his voice hoarse from screaming. Joker made a sad, sour face. "Oh, no no no no NO. Why would I kill you, boy-o? You're my secret weapon! Just imagine!" Joker began enthusiastically, moving behind Jason, his head at his shoulder and his arm extended, as though showing him a spectacular sight, "Joker and Robin, the reigning terror in Gotham! We're going to be one HELL of a punchline!" Joker howled in laughter at that as he made his way back in front of Jason. "Like hell we are," Jason growled, staring up at him with hatefilled blue eyes. Joker tsked, and gave a dramatic sigh. "Well, I'll just have to change that attitude now, don't I?" He said, his face stretching into a wide grin, and a demented light burning in his green eyes. Jason grit his teeth as he watched Joker wind his arm back, and landed a hard hit to his side where the broken ribs were. Jason's eyes widened and a loud scream tore though his throat-

Jason shot up in bed, his breathes coming in shallowly. His eyes were wide, his adrenaline pumping. Quickly, he threw the bed covers off and made his way to the bathroom. He turned the light on and bent over the sink. A light coating of sweat covered his body and he closed his eyes, working on calming himself from the nightmare. As his breathes got more under control, he turned the faucet on and splashed his face with the cold water, slowly looking up at his reflection. His eyes immediately locked on the J-shaped scar on his face. "Damn clown," He practically snarled before turning off the faucet and stalking out of the bathroom to look at the time. 6am. Well...it was more sleep than he usually got. What a great freaking accomplishment.

Jason then pulled out a pair of jeans, a simple off-white cotton shirt with a low v-neck, boxers, socks and his signature black leather jacket, which he wore during the day. He threw the clothes on the bed before heading back to the bathroom and started the shower, undressing the rest of himself. His body was crisscrossed with nasty looking scars, most centering around his abdomen, chest and back. The only thing that stood out besides that was his muscles, but that was an obvious one. He couldn't do half the things he could if he wasn't at peak human strength. It was still an easy way to get girls to swoon over him though. Apparently they found eight packs very attractive.

Jason spent his time taking the shower, drying off, brushing his teeth, raking his fingers through his hair, covering his scar with a patch and getting dressed. All he had was time at the moment. Once he was all clothed and ready to go, he grabbed an apple he bought yesterday before he went all badass and walked out after grabbing his motorcycle keys. He needed to speak with Barbara. At the moment, it was 8am. He had definitely taken his time, but he refused to wait any longer. Quickly, he finished off the apple, tossed the core, put on his motorcycle helmet, got on his bike and started it up before taking off. It took a little while for him to find where Barbara would be, but eventually he was able to get the location. Getting off his bike, he removed the motorcycle helmet, set it on the bike's seat then walked over, simply barging into the office. His eyes settled upon a girl and he crossed his arms over his chest. "I need to speak with Ms. Barbara Gordon," He announced, "now."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:59 pm 

Marci yelped when the brooding stranger barged in and demanded to speak to Babs. OMG, was he gorgeous! Her insides went all warm and gooey. The young paralegal wanted to have his baby while at the same time worrying whether he was going to go all postal on her. "Uhhhh...Ms. Gordon isn't in the office right now. Is there something I can help you with?

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:04 pm 

Jason Todd / Red Hood

When Marci yelped, he simply blinked a little at it. Oops. He must have startled her. Oh well. He noticed the way her face seemed to become pink but didn't think too much of it. As she said that Barbara wasn't in, he let out a heavy sigh, a flash of annoyance spiking though him. Of course she wasn't in. Just his luck. "Not exactly. It's something I need to discuss with her. I'll just wait until she gets in then." He stated firmly, leaning against the wall.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:17 pm 

Marci

He was like Robert Pattinson! With muscles! Ohhhhhhh... She berated herself for misjudging him, for thinking that he was some wacko! Clearly, he was the silent and sure type. Adamant about what he wanted and confident enough to know that he would get it without having to resort to force. Ohhhhh...she REALLY wanted to have his baby now!

Adjusting her glasses and plucking up her courage, she walked over to where he was leaning against the wall. "Uhhhh...can I get you a cup of coffee while you're waiting? I, uh, don't mean to pry or anything but, heh, are you like, seeing anyone at the moment? OMG, I can't believe I just said that! Stupid question. OBVIOUSLY, a person like you, " she gestured with both hands, "has to be seeing someone." She stood there, eyeing him. "Because, ya know, if you're NOT, maybe, we could, eh, go out sometime? Maybe?"

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:24 pm 

Jason Todd / Red Hood

Leaning against the wall, Jason closed his eyes as he waited. Barbara was sleeping in. Huh. How unprofessional. He would have to make sure to get on her about that...mostly to annoy her, but she was annoying him and making him wait to he thought it was perfectly justified. His eyes peered open as he heard footsteps, and he watched as the paralegal came before him. He listened to her as she spoke, a slow smile coming over him. Ah, so she was interested in him. "Actually, I'm not seeing anyone right now," He said to her, his voice low and rich, "I'm not going to be in Gotham for very long though, and trust me, you probably won't like someone like me," Jason said to her. Though, it wasn't like she was unattractive...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:46 pm 

Marci

OMG, he was smiling at her! She could have died right there! So, he wasn't going to be in Gotham for long? Not only was he drop dead handsome, sure of himself, the silent type and AVAILABLE but he was some mysterious world traveling globetrotter now! Probably rich as s h i t to boot! Flying in and out on his private Lear. Weekend trips to Paris. Probably had his own red room! She SO wanted to be his Dakota Johnson to his Jamie Dornan right now!

She gave him a sly look. "Okay, I'm not really supposed to do this but I can see that you really need to talk to Ms. Gordon so I'll give her a call for you. Just between you and me, I could get in big trouble for this, even, you know, fired (in reality, she wouldn't, but it was a good way to get appreciation from Mr. Smoulder) but I'm willing to go out on a limb for you.

Giving her best self-sacrificing martyr impression, she pulled out her phone and dialed. "Hey, boss, yeah, I KNOW its only 9:15 but there's this guy in our office, " covering her mouth and whispering, she added, "oh my god, is he gorgeous." Speaking up again, she continued, "he says he REALLY needs to speak with you...eh, what does he look like? Tall, dark, and brooding..."

In a corner of the office, a security camera suddenly swiveled to where Marci was standing next to the man. After thirty seconds, Marci hung up and turned back to the stranger. "She'll be down in three minutes. Lemme go and get that coffee for you..."

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:59 pm 

Jason Todd/ Red Hood

Flirting with Jason was either a hit or miss. If he was in a bad mood, he could be very blunt and flat out reject women who approached him. But for today, he wasn't in a very bad mood at all, and a cute girl was flirting with him. It definitely wasn't a bad thing to flirt back...at least he guessed it wasn't. As she spoke, saying that she would call Barbara for him even though it could get her fired, his eyebrows rose a little in surprise before he gave her e genuine smile. That was very helpful. "Well, thank you. If she decides to try and fire you, I'm sure I can talk her out of it. I do know her, after all," He said, giving her a wink.

Jason was quiet as the girl spoke to Barbara over the phone, basically saying that he was here and wanting to speak with her. He did miss the "oh my god, is he gorgeous" part though. He eventually lost himself in his thought, his eyes distant as he gazed out a window. It was the sound of Marci speaking to him that brought him back, and he looked back over at her, nodding in appreciation. As she began to head to get the coffee, he gently grabbed her hand and pulled her towards him. "Before you go, I realized I haven't even gotten your name," He stated, giving her a charming smile.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:26 pm 

Marci

"It's Marci," she said blushing. His hand against hers was like heaven. "I'll, eh, get you that coffee now." She went to their small kitchen nook hidden away in the back of the office and started pouring him a cup from the coffee pot when the inner door to the right opened.

"Is that for him?" Barb asked, stepping out of the stairwell that led to her loft apartment upstairs.

"Uh, yeah."

"Thanks Marci, I got it," she told her aide, holding out her hand for the cup. Reluctantly, Marci handed it over. "Go back out and tell Mr. Todd that I'll be out in a minute."

"Sure, Babs." Dejectedly, Marci headed back out. Mr. Todd, huh? So, she knows him. Wonder what kind of history they have. It would figure that Babs would know a hunk like that. I mean, she had that hunk Dick Grayson as her bf so it made perfect sense that she would know 'Mr. Todd' as well. Marci sighed. Why did girls like Barbara Gordon have all the luck?!

Barbara Gordon/Batgirl

As Marci was walking back out, Babs looked at the cup in her hand and set it back down on the counter. Reaching into the overhead cabinet, she pulled out a container of salt. Which she proceeded to pour into Jason's cup. She let it pour for a good long time before grabbing a spoon and stirring the coffee.

Heading into the outer office, she saw him. Yep. Jason Todd. Son of a b i t c h. She strode over. Dressed in a collared t-shirt and jeans. Her short brown hair tousled from just getting up. "In my office. NOW," she told him. Turning her back to him, she angrily strode to her office, closing the door once he entered. Given some of the clients she represented, discretion was key. As a consequence, her office was soundproof as well as protected against electronic eavesdropping. They would not be overheard. She let him have it.

"You've got a lot of f u c k ing nerve coming here! You better have a d a m n good reason for being here! Here's your f-ing coffee!" She shoved the cup at him.

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:54 pm 

Jason Todd / Red Hood

"Marci. It's been a pleasure," He said to her, watching as she left to get that cup of coffee. As the door closed behind her, he rolled his shoulders, hearing them pop, before gazing out the window again, beginning to grow impatient. He needed to bail out one of Joker's criminals and get on with his investigation. He wasn't too fond of having to wait for Barbara to show up.

Before long, Marci came back in, soon followed by Barbara, looking like she just got up...and p i s s e d. Naturally. "Why good morning, Barbara," He greeted her, almost too nicely. Her response made him chuckle a little. Ah yes. All get down to business and mad. Like always. Pushing off from the wall, he walked into her office, his hands pushed into the pockets of his black leather jacket. As he got in, Barbara closed the door behind him and he lounged in the chair that was across from hers. His demeanor changed from being flirty to cold. As she chewed him out, he shifted his eyes away with disinterest. "I do have a good reason. Trust me, Barbara, if I had the option to see you or not to see you, I wouldn't bother wasting my time to lay my eyes on you," He said gruffly, taking the coffee with a muttered 'thank you.'

His blue eyes still had shadows under them from the lack of sleep his nightmare caused, but other than that, he seemed just like usual. He shifted his eyes up to her. "Wow. You look terrible. Don't tell me you didn't have any time to get ready." He smirked at her, raising the coffee to his lips. He took a sip then made a disgusted face. It was salty...so salty he was almost afraid his kidneys would go out of commission. "I'm going to take an educated guess and say you're the one that wrecked my coffee. Really, you are the most evil woman. I needed that caffeine," He grumbled, making a show of glaring at her. He set the coffee down on her desk before crossing his arms over his chest and glowered at her. "Now to get down to business," he started seriously, "I need your help in bailing out the leader of Joker's gang from last night."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:04 am 

Barbara Gordon/Batgirl

She smiled in satisfaction as he sipped his coffee. But her smug elation evaporated as soon as he told her why he had come. "You want me to do WHAT?! Are you out of your $#@!ing MIND?!!" She stared at him in disbelief before becoming serious. "He's one of the Joker's goons. The. Joker. You of all people know how dangerous that psychopath is. That applies equally to anyone that would be willing to work for him. Why on earth would you want to let someone like THAT on the streets again? I'm sorry, Jason, but I need a reason, a d a m n good reason before I'll be willing to take a risk like that for you."

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:34 am 

Jason Todd / Red Hood

As Barbara exclaimed in disbelief and asked if he was out of his mind, he actually got a very tired look to him. He seemed exhausted in that moment. However, he remained silent as she railed on. She had a point. A damn fine point. Why would she be willing to take a risk like that? Jason met her eyes with his own, his lips pressed into a thin line. He didn't like the plan much either, but if he was right, the low-life wouldn't live very long, and he'd hopefully catch that person he saw last night. However, there was no way in hell he was letting Barbara know what he was really up to. Jasmine...was no concern to her.

"Since I of all people know just how dangerous Joker is, perhaps you should take my word for it," Jason sighed, but gave a shrug. "But fine. The guy is being framed, Barbara. He was supposedly the leader of that group last night, and yet he whimpered about his burned hand instead of really leading the team. Does that sound like a big, dangerous leader to you, let alone one of the Joker's lead men? Cause it sure doesn't seem that way to me. He must have been coerced into it so the real leader of that group would be released earlier while the man who was being forced into doing the job would have to rot away in prison to deal out a sentence he doesn't deserve. Isn't the justice system all about proving something beyond a reasonable doubt? Well, there is a reasonable doubt in this, which is why I want your help in bailing him out," Jason spoke smoothly, the lie coming from him as easily as the truth would. Of course, this was all a work of fiction, but hopefully would be enough to convince Barbara.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:06 am 

Barbara Gordon/Batgirl

The story that he told her had a certain logic to it. But it also had holes big enough to fly a Batwing through. The trial lawyer in her started tearing it apart. In order for the scheme to work, all thirteen suspects would have to conspire together to frame one of their own. No, it wasn't a matter of 'honor among thieves' that stretched credulity, it was an issue of coordination. For a conspiracy like that to work, all thirteen suspects would have to be able to describe the exact same set of circumstances, be able to get the timing and details exactly right. Suspect X told us to do this at this time. Discipline to detail like that was difficult for far more intelligent crooks than the ones responsible for last night's chaos.

Secondly, although Jason was quick to assert that the ringleader would get a substantially higher sentence, that was unlikely given the circumstances. In a capital murder case, maybe. But the charges that these goons were facing, armed robbery, criminal mayhem, 1st degree battery, they were realistically looking at anywhere from 5-to-10. Given the relative shortness of prison time, the state wouldn't be that eager for a plea deal. And if anything, the goons, rats that they were, would be looking to turn against one another, desperate to strike any sort of bargain with the prosecution.

Finally, Jason raised the issue of reasonable doubt but that only applied to the actual trial and a finding of guilt or innocent, not to the matter of bail.

Barb looked into the eyes of the man sitting before her. After everything he had endured, he, more than anyone, deserved the benefit of the doubt. "Jason, I know we aren't exactly the best of friends, but I'll always have your back. I hope you know that. If you tell me that we need to do this, that what you're telling me is true, I'll back you 100 percent." She looked at him expectantly, waiting for his response.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next