All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Rogues in Golarion
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:53 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

“I could get along with these people” thought Kat to herself as Gronk the barbarian laid waste to the last of the goblins, ending his rage. She looked over the notes from the fight, wondering if she should heal Freddy with a spell or let him drink a potion. “mind If I smoke?” asked Jason, the face behind Gronk. I shook my head, this was my first time with this group so I appreciated him asking.
I was debating in my head if I should open a soda now or save it for later, it was still decently early in the session so it might be better to wait. That was my last thought before a loud explosion and then blackness.

“UWAAaa!” I wake up screaming, flailing around myself wildly I try to get my bearings.

I realize I’m lying on the ground, looking up into the sky. There are sounds of birds!? Where am I!? I was in a classroom in the middle of the night just moments ago playing Pathfinder! How can it be the middle of the day somewhere outside! I try standing up, which is extremely easy, heck it felt like I could just jump to my legs directly from the ground. “that’s weird…” I’m not the most heavy set person or the least athletic but I definitely never felt like my movements were so easy. I look at my arms and body, discovering that I’ve somehow lost at least 20 kg! Furthermore I’m wearing leather armor over a simple green and white cloth outfit.

I stand for a few moments, frozen in place, looking at myself. Giving myself a quick pad down there can be no question, I’m Ana, my character from the game. I’ve drawn her enough times to recognize her outfit and shape.

I take a deep breath, trying to make sense of the situation, am I dead? Did I have a total mental breakdown? Wait… where am I even. For the first time I examine my surroundings, I’m standing on a mountain-trail halfway up a natural path which leads up towards a large mountain. I’ve never seen a mountain this large before, where I’m from everything is flat and boring, the landscape around here seems so lush and grandiose, very Lord of the Rings.

That’s right, we were on a quest to retrieve a lost locket which had been stolen by goblins. We were just about to head into the goblin infested mountain when it happened, could this be that scenario? But then where in the world is my group! A healer/rogue isn’t the worst one person group but still! We had a good party composition and my spells are WAY off for a soloquesting!

Spells… that’s right… Ana has spells! So if I’m Ana… that means I should have spells too! Ok… I close my eyes and fists and concentrate, taking a deep breath I bring a palm forward “shield!” I proclaim confidently. Nothing happens…

Well… it’s to be expected… the characters don’t just say their spell names out loud to cast… Does that mean I was transported into a dream scenario with a useless class!? That’s just cruel! I want a doover! Hand me a new character sheet I’ll go full rogue! Ugh…

Rogue though… I draw one of the many knives, scattered around my person, in the real world this amount of knives would make you a basket case but in fantasy it seems appropriate. I examine the blade in my hand, looks sharp but… I don’t know what else I can say about a knife… I don’t really know anything about knives!

skill rolls | +
[appraisal – mild success] [Kn: Local - mild success]

This common knife is Halfling made, as can be seen by the leather grip which comfortably fits into a human hand, and is slightly warm to the touch because of the Halfling make. It was made as part of a set of common knives for a human (me) in the city of Burough. It’s market price is 2 gold pieces, 3 in areas where Halfling leathercrafting is appreciated and rare.

Wow… that’s pretty intense… right… skills, that’s really weird. Did I see the words for the skills flash up? Is this a game!? Did I become a vegetable and they decided to hook me up to some new flashy VR thing? Am I literally a brain in a vat now? Have I been in a coma for years!?

My train of thought is interrupted by the sound of a man screaming, followed by maniacal laughter. It was coming from the inside of the mountain! Something was happening in there, sounded like someone was in danger!

I rushed inside the wide opening in the mountain and looked inside. Three goblins had surrounded a man, they were slashing at him with knives and laughing and screaming as he desperately tried to defend himself to little avail.

skill roll | +
[kn local – partial success]
goblins are small sized green humanoids. They are commonly believed to be as intelligent as 5 year old humans but as sadistic and ruthless as the worst scum of the earth. Goblins almost completely lack empathy and are ruled by their emotions. They are like the most nasty children, but with knives and fire.

I looked as they cut into his side and blood started spilling and before I knew it I had thrown the dagger I was holding. It felt completely natural, as though I’d made the motion a million times.
skill | +
[Sneak Attack]
The knife pierced directly through the back of the goblins skull, killing it instantly.

I let out a triumphant HAH! I’d never felt so awesome before!
The two remaining goblins immediately turned around, the joy gone from their eyes, now replaced with an intense hatred and bloodlust.
“Oh crap…” I said, as the vile creatures started rushing towards me.

On the other hand I wanna just lie in bed and watch cartoons literally always.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:18 pm 

I should post more interest checks...

I sighed, I apparently tend to do that a lot, Or so Shane has told me. We go to different Colleges so we have different friends circles yet are still best friends. To be honest wrapping my head around that one has always been hard. Though wrapping my head around him having his own circle of friends was a tad harder. Shane was the most reserved person on the face of the planet... Barring when he was with me and would tease me to high heaven. Today was the long awaited day of my looming dread, Or to put it in simpler terms, The long awaited day of me being introduced to his circle of friends. To make matters worse it was pathfinder... That was the game of choice. I've only played Pathfinder maybe never. I tended to stick with World of Darkness or Shadowrun. He scratched the side of my face as i pulled up to the games shop we were going to play in. The next hour was dominated by character creation, something he always found fun. Though the awkward not knowing anyone atmosphere did hinder him somewhat. The positive point? All of these people around him were incredibly nice and helped him make a character that fit my headphones wearing image. They had me play a bard, and to my request a somewhat stabby bard at that.

The next 2 hours was standard fair, lots of talking and learning about where we were and what we needed to do. We all joined an adventuring guild for one reason or another and the managers of said guild choosing our group to be together at random. I was getting really into this now, as my handsome Charisma and Intelligence stacked bard talked in well thought out poetic language. Before all of this the GM recommended to all of us to be hiding something. Just so that later on it could be a huge reveal to the party. I chose something along the lines of being connect to something vaguely malevolent. I had thought that it would be cool when the secret showed its face. In hindsight maybe not a great Idea.

My thoughts were jumbled as the shelves were suddenly trees and the night was suddenly day. Lots of frantic scanning around later sent me into a cold sweat. "Okay you're dreaming... Someone hit you over the head, and... no no no one would do that... But there was a loud thud?" I scratched my hair. "That's funny... Why is there a long blond hair on my hand..." My eyes went wide "What the F***!?" I screamed as i took my flowing blond hair into my hand "I'm in another body!? WHAT!? HOW!?" The next thing that I realized was actually something i don't know how i didn't instantly see. On my back was something I was incredibly familiar with in real life... Mostly because my dad plays them. It was a small nylon string guitar. I flipped it over so I could see it more closely, plucking at the strings.
Skill Rolls | +
[Perform - Full success]

A beautiful melody filled the air before i dropped the guitar, and subsequently dove to catch it "What in the..." Yeah that's not something i can normally do, i'm really confused. Did i just make a subconscious dice roll. I tried to shake my thoughts off as i looked around at my surrounding "Or rather surrounded." I laugh to myself as I see at least 20 goblins around me "Wait! OH GOD OH GOD I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIGHT!" I scream as my next action is to run at any opening i see.
Skill Roll | +
[Acrobatics - Slight failure]

I do make it over the goblin but i tumble to the ground and into a tree "Really! Screw you god!" I say before the Goblins enclose on me. I hyperventilate so this is how i die huh? No just run, i might be able to lose them. That would have been a great thought were there not a sharp cliff face directly in front of me... Well damn... Wait a cave! I small opening in the cliff face gave me salvation.... Or so I thought. Turns out caves are dark. Like really dark...
Skill Roll | +
Perception - Failure

I don't even notice that there is a sharp drop off and tumble down further into the cave. The good thing about that is i gained a lot of distance on the Goblins. The bad thing everything hurts, and i don't know if by some miracle my guitar is still intact. I hear the sounds of fighting, somewhere close and suddenly i feel like the cave was a mistake. Hopefully one of the two parties isn't hostile!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:16 pm 

The goblins came rushing towards me, grinning widely as they saw the fear in my eyes. The first one swings it’s blade, a rusty looking knife
appraisal | +
this knife was NO! no time for that!
the pain singes as the blade sinks into my thigh. I gasp terrified, as I see the other goblin coming in behind the first one.
I punch the first one in the face, more reflectively than anything, hoping to get the knife out of me, the goblin falls back as the other jumps in for the attack. I try to move out of the way, it goes much better than expected, when I don’t think too much about my movements, it actually goes really well.
I sidestep the clumsy attack from the goblin and swing around, drawing a knife and piercing the neck of the small creature. The goblins flesh is weirdly soft, and you can see the life slowly drain out of its eyes. I shudder uncomfortably, I’ve just murdered something which I just compared to a human child… The last goblin hesitates before getting ready for another attack.
The solitary goblin looks so pathetic when seen like this… I get into a threatening pose, brandishing my dagger. “WAH! GO AWAY! GET!” I loudly exclaim, trying to make the goblin flee rather than senselessly killing the creature.
intimidate | +
mild success
The cowardly creature runs immediately, scurrying into the cave and then climbing a wall to escape.
I sigh in relief, wiping a tear from my eye, my thigh hurts so much… What about the guy?
I look at the man who was attacked, he looks to be some kind of adventurer like me, pretty classic character, rapier, crossbow and a string instrument. Standard fare for a traveling bard… Wonder if HE can use magic, it’s the wrong type but maybe he could show me why my magic won’t work.
He’s handsome, with messy blonde hair and blue eyes… looks a bit like a Disney prince… But like the old ones? Before they had personalities. Self insert dreamboat. A bit like John Smith from Pochahontas maybe. He had that same sort of cute pout as that other guy whom teenage me shipped with John… what was his name?
I realize the reason he’s pouting is because he’s in a lot of pain. He also looks defensive, could he be scared of me? Come now! I’m just your friendly neighborhood murderous knife wielding rogue! I guess I might be hesitant too… Come to think of it, isn’t this asshat the reason I got hurt in the first place? If he’d drawn that stupid sword of his we could have taken these guys easy, instead I had to do everything myself!
I sigh and start approaching him, “you know if you can’t even handle goblins then you shouldn’t be out here alone, way worse things running about. They’re pretty easy to deal with though, just apply pointy bit to soft bit” I point to his sheathed sword in a teasing manner.
“come on, I’ll take you back to Burough, it’s the nearest town, you shouldn’t be out here alone. I expect you to pay for my help by the way! Got blood all over my pants because of you” damn… I’m a stone cold ****ing. Was I always? Is it Ana’s influence or just the pain and adrenaline? I feel kind of cool though, so it could be worse. Could have been reborn as Grusk, my halfwit orc character. “I’m Ana by the by” I smile in the mans direction and wait to see if he’ll stand, otherwise I might have to do some first aid, had a pretty decent heal check if I recall correctly.
An angry shriek pierces through the cave and we both look up in surprise and horror. Oh good… seems the goblin is back, and it brought its friends… all of them…
A small horde of goblins start spilling down from a downward sloping cave entrance like a waterfall of angry, screaming green flesh. Come on! This is a totally unreasonable CR!

On the other hand I wanna just lie in bed and watch cartoons literally always.