All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:16 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Kate had begun her first day at the Wildwood Mage Guild School. She was given her books, uniform of blue mage robes, schedule, and suite that would be her room. The last place they sent her was in the dragon nursery. It was off the main hall close to the school's entrance.
Kate and her fellow mages entered in alphabetical order according to their first name, "K-L" was announced. Kate was nervous going in. As she was not sure what to expect. In the hallway the suited her up in what looked like leather armor. She felt like one of her father's guards covered in leather garb on her chest, arms, thighs, and shoulders. "Gotta protect you from sharp talons," the teacher said. Kate opened the door after being the first in line. Kate hated always being first because her father was lord of the shire.
Behind the door was a noisy nursery of various kinds and ages of dragons.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:50 pm 

“Even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side.”

It was so quiet...and warm...so warm...

Such a comforting warmth it was. Like the belly of a kitten, or the blankets of your bed on a cold winter night. The warmth of a mother's hug, or that feeling you get when you meet with someone you've missed for so long. And the quiet, emptiness that surrounded. Just the sound of a soft breath, and the gentle, rhythmic melody of a tiny heart beat.

A dream. In it, was a young human, the face unclear. Just an outline, a faint voice. Who was it? It was unsure, but at the same time...they seemed so familiar. Like some long lost acquaintance from another life. Yes...that was what it was. A prickling sensation, and the sudden urge to call out. The longing to reach for that young human, to communicate.

'Over...here...'

The soft voice, so timid, so unsure. But it had called. Would they hear it? Would they respond? Or was it really just a dream? It was unclear, only time and fate would tell, as the existence hid away, far from the eyes of others. It knew not, the place nor the world it was in, laying in the corner of a large room, covered in hay and tucked away in a dark corner. Alone. So very alone.

Click Me!

Here is a link to my: characters

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:33 am 

Kate turned her head, she thought head a voice in her head. The room was so noisy of screeches and grows and squawks. Kate frowned and tilted her head, "I think you said something. Are you calling me?"
She had student behind her, "I am sorry. Excuse me. Come in this room is very noisy."
Kate moved out from the center of the room to the back where she thought the little voice called her.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 2:15 pm 

'Please...come to me...'

The voice calls to the human, who had replied, questioning if she had actually heard anyone speaking to her. The existence tried so hard to get the human to see, to come. It was hard, when it knew not where it was, the only thing around it being entire darkness. Was it really there? Or was it just a floating presence, unknown to the world? It felt like it was something, but only a tiny fraction felt some sort of reality. Everything else was pitch black, and the enveloping warmth that surrounded it completely.

'Come...come...come...'

Over and over it calls, guiding the human to it's presence, in the corner of that loud room. Hiding, in a nest of hay, tucked away, almost like it was purposely left there. A faint glowing could be seen, a gentle pulsating light, and when one pushed away the bedding, they would see an egg. It was beautiful, the shell of colors of the night sky, with sparkling pieces to represent the stars. The surface swirled gently, like the galaxy itself, no second was the color the same, ever changing, slowly but surely. It slowly pulsed with light, almost like a heartbeat.

Click Me!

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:45 am 

Kate felt a shared warmth a calling that awoken her inner spirit. Was it true Ann said? Kate was a special mage; like her mother she had the ability to hear the calling of the dragon ancestors? Kate felt like she was being directed to an unhatched egg, that pulsated a glowing light; Kate passed her hand through the light. She felt an immediate connection with the being inside the egg. The mage student saw a mound of hay and gently pushed the yellow stalks to reveal an egg that was not like any egg she had seen. It's voice was clear yet childlike in her head ; Kate could not make out any gender difference. It was not faint like hearing music or a song memorized, it was normal as as a person standing next to her. The language was understood only the accent was foreign. Kate placed her left index finger upon lovely, blue, sparkled, celestial egg, "Hello. Can you hear me? I never thought an unhatched dragon could mind speak. I feel your spirit. Your sad, warm, scared and happy I am here. Do not be afraid. Your going to be a wonderful being. When your time comes to hatch, I will be here. I will visit you many times during the day. I am sorry they will not allow me to take you to my suite. I might drop you and kill you. I can talk to you as your body is being made. What do I call you? I am Lady Katherine. You may call me Katie. I am going to be a healer mage like my Mother. What would you like to be?"

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:23 pm 

It felt like the human brushed against the little creature's very existence, its essence trembling with anticipation, its soul overwhelmed and flowing to the brink with joy. They had heard. Heard the calling, and now, had responded. Within the darkness, it could feel the touch of gentle fingers, and the warmth that cloaked it became even more, as it heard the human's voice even clearer now. Even though, despite it not knowing, it was speaking an entirely different language than the humans, the girl could understand it. Hearing the question, if it could hear her, the eggs shell glowed gently in response, as if saying yes. Yes, I can hear you.

She was talking to them, like a friend. At her comforting words, saying not to be afraid, that it was a wonderful being...that when it came time to hatch, she would be there...it seemed to become latched on to her. Such kindness.

'Ka-tie...I like that name...' The egg glows as if in happiness. 'I am...Eindrias...But you may call me...Rias...' Rias did not know it's full name just yet, that would only come later. As it had just awoken, and was still in development, its soul and the souls of its ancestors were guiding it, filling its mind and heart with memories of things that have passed, are happening, and are yet to come. Such as it knew that this Katherine would be its partner...for a very long time.

'What would...I like to be?' It pauses, as if thinking, the shell softly glowing over and over, like a gentle, faint heart beat. Then, in a soft voice, almost as if it was shy, it continues. 'I would like...to be your friend...' The surface of the egg swirls a little more, and the colors were a more pinkish, almost as if the egg itself was blushing. 'Will you...be my friend?'

Click Me!

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:10 pm 

Katie squealed with delight and she cupped the egg with both hand, "Rais, I love your name. It reminds me of the Sun. Will you let me know your progress as you body is being developed? I will be your friend and come to you every day. Do you know when you will hatch? I cannot wait to see you. Is is ok if I call you my egg. I know your not suppose to be treated as a pet after you hatch. I will always be your friend. I can feel your happiness and I am very happy you chose me. You are a special dragon, I can talk to you. My friends are not talking to their eggs. The are playing with the hatchlings. I can't wait for us to play together. Are you alright? The lamp is keeping you warm. Are you too hot or too cold? Do you need you bed softer. You shell is sitting on hey and it's the prettiest one. I like playing in your glow. The light around your egg changes to your feelings. Your happy and the light is a pretty pink. Are you a girl or boy or do you know yet? Have the ancestors spoken to you? This place where you will be born is the former home of your ancestors. Lot of dragons used to live here. That is what Ann tells me. You will like her. She bakes the best cakes and pies. That is food, you will get to taste all kinds of food when you hatch. I will bring you treats. I am not allowed to bring too much treats. My teacher said you will get sick if I do. Can you talk to the other baby dragons? I do not want you in the back of this room all by yourself. Would you like a stuffed toy to cuddle your egg? I can put a music box beside you. Music is like words only sounds melodic and pretty. Can you hear outside your shell? I can put my music box next to you. If you bump it, it will play. When you bump it again it will stop. I can read stories to you and tell you all I am learning. I will show you things. Can you see what I see in my mind?"

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:13 pm 

Rias could hear the delight in Katie's voice when it told her it's name, saying that the name reminded her of the sun. The sun...What was the sun? Just then though, the faint image of a giant glowing orb hanging suspended in the middle of a blue blue canopy emerged in Rias' mind. It was warm too, and very bright. So...that was the sun. The egg glowed with happiness at the thought of being connected to such a wonderful thing. Katie then goes on to talk in a rush, asking so many questions, but Rias did not mind.

'I will let you know, my friend Katie. But I do not know when I will hatch...it feels like a long time from now...and, if you want, you can call me yours...can I call you my friend?' The egg turns pink again, as if blushing. 'I am happy that you listened to my call...I was lonely...And, when I hatch, we can play together. I am alright though, it is not hot or cold, but just right...but I wish I could feel the stars...the stars...' Rias pauses for a moment, and the shell's colors swirl gently, the same heartbeat like light glowing, and the star-like patterned jewels on the surface shimmer gently.

'I do not know if I am a boy or girl yet. But the ancestors...they show me things. They showed that we were going to be friends, and they taught me to speak to you...I can also talk to the other dragons but...they do not answer to me...it is lonely.' Rias pauses, wondering what it would be like to try pie and cake. Did it have a taste, or a smell? What did it look like? Treats...treats sounded nice. At the sound of a stuffed animal to cuddle with, the egg in which Rias was within glowed even more, brighter with excitement and joy, and it even moved a little, only the tiniest bit of movement, but it still moved. Even more so at the offer of a music box. 'Yes, yes! Cuddles and music...yes! Stories are fun, fun! I like to learn, so please tell me things.'

Rias could also see the things within her mind, though they were a bit hazy. Also, just barely, Rias could see what Katie was seeing right then. 'I can see...Can you see mine?' Rias would then somehow pull her mind into it's own, so that she would see nothing but a blank canvas of black velvety background, and the faintest of swirling purple, blue, and silver, much like a galaxy. There were the tiniest pinpricks of glowing white, gently shining like the stars in the heavens. And, she would feel the warmth, and hear the gentle sound of a faint heartbeat. This only lasted a few moments, before Rias lets go, and she was once in her own mind. 'Did...did you see? I am...sleepy...good night...Katie...'

Click Me!

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:45 am 

Kate closed her eyes to concentrate on her egg. "Thank you and I do see what you see and your name is lovely. Yes those are stars. The night sky is pretty. I am glad your not scared if the darkness. Oh your egg is engulfed in stars and their light. I am glad your alright. You are not ready to hatch for a long time. I am able to wait. You can't rush hatching. You are in a safe and warn room under a lamp that keeps you warm. Rais, your not lonely when I am here. I am so glad you happy you are my egg. You sleep as needed. My friends have not found me. The teacher is telling us about dragon hatchlings. I think you are the best dragon here. Go to sleep and I will check on you again."

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:48 pm 

Rias drifts off to sleep, the last thing it hears being Katie say that she thought it was the best dragon, and that she would check on Rias again later. The glow of the egg slowly fades, but does not disappear, as it slowly falls into a quiet slumber. The star-field within the eggs shell, or rather the expanse that spread in Rias' mind, slowly turned, twinkling and changing color constantly. Rias was happy. Or, rather, it thought that this was what happiness felt like. Emotions like that were still a completely new concept to the unhatched dragon, but little by little, even within the egg, Rias learned from the Ancients, long past dragons, the Ancestors of what Rias was today.

As Rias slept, it dreamed of a green field, dotted with small white flowers. The grass and blooms gently swayed with a soft breeze, which made the whole place look like some sort of emerald ocean. Floating and fluttering creatures lazily drifted through the air, and birds flew high up above in the blue, blue sky. Fluffy white clouds dotted the azure expanse, and the scent the wind brought past was one of subtle sweet. The sun shone, and it was a happy day, warm and comforting.

That was, until a dark spot formed in the sky, growing as a giant chaotic hole, blotting out the sun, turning everything dark. The wind grew more fierce, tearing at the flowers and the grass, dirt flying as the enormous aperture sucking everything within it, the butterflies, the birds, then Rias. Swallowed up, surrounded by darkness, everything was quiet, yet at the same time so loud. Rias was scared. What was this place? Rias didn't know what to do. Where was Katie? What was going on?

'Help me...Katie...Help me...'

Click Me!

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:29 am 

Katie left the room along with her class. The tiny egg was aglow in a glowing low yellow/blue light. The little being stopped talking and was calm. Kate covered the little egg and propped a stuffed bear nest to the blue celestial egg. Katie skipped in the hall to her next class. Things were busy the first day of school. So many forms, evaluation in every class. What she knew questioners and other student stared at her because they she was the Lord of the shire's daughter. Katie hated being singled out. She just wanted to be herself and could not wait to speak to her egg. She was getting ready to have lunch when a small familiar voice frantic called to her. It was repeating her name over and over. Kate rushed to the nursery, "I am coming Rais. I hear you. It is lunch time and I can visit. What is it? Are you alright?"

Katie burst in the room and rushed to her egg. The little egg quaked next to the stuffed bear and the glowing light was pulsating rapidly. Kate cupped the egg in her hands, "I am here. I am holding you. What happened?"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:31 pm 

At the touch of Katie's fingers upon the egg, Rias slowly begins to calm down, the quaking becoming slight tremors, then becoming completely still, though the surface of the shell still glowed brightly, heart beating normally, not as fast as it had been. Hearing her voice was even more of a help, and soon, things were back to normal. Calm, steady. A wave of relief flows throughout Rias, and after a moment, Rias answers Katie. "I had...a dream. A bad one. It was scary...and I thought I was going to die. To lose you. It was dark...so dark..." The color that glowed was a sad looking bluish purple, reflecting what Rias was feeling at that moment. Rias...didn't want to lose Katie. Even though they had just met, Rias knew...that she was the girl who was going to be Rias' friend forever and ever.

After a moment, Rias speaks up again, softly, and hesitantly. "Do you...really have to leave me? I am scared that it will happen again..." Rias did not want her to leave. Rias wished that Katie could just take the egg in which Rias was being held with her...so they would not have to be parted ever.

Click Me!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:04 pm 

Kate felt the love warmth that touch her whole being. Kate only could cup her hand over her egg, Rias what a horrid dream I hate the dark. I wish I could give you light. You shell make a glow that changes as you feel happy, sad, and lonely. You know when I am close the light flickers and dances. I wish I could keep you close. If anything happened to you, I would be so sad. I have a stuffed bear by you. I will bring you toys everyday. Do you have a nose yet? Can you smell? Better yet you might get yoke up your nose. Would you like a story about your ancestors? Many years ago, before your fathers, father, father was living, dragons lived in the shire. Teacher says there were temples and palaces, those are big eggs that people go into. They had to be real big for grown up dragons. Oh Rias! You may grow up to be as big as this mage school one day."

Kate's voice became louder and the other kids looked at her and she heard the room get quieter of kids voices. The dragonlings were looking at her. One girl with a sqeacky voice walked up to her, "What are you doing? Talking to a egg?"
The girl was standing with her hand on her hips, "Katie talks to eggs. Katie Talks to eggs."
Kate stood tall and stuck out her tongue, "What if I have an egg that has a dragon that mind speaks. Besides my egg is prettier and glows. My dragon will grow bigger than yours and roar louder, fly faster, and will be stronger. Just because your a princess and your Papa is king; you think you can boss us. Your not queen yet. I will be a better mage than you."
The little princess then grabbed Kate and pushed her into her egg's table and the egg wobbled into the stuffed bear's overall pocked. The teacher monitoring the dragons rushed and jerked the princess back. The girl protested, "Let me go. My father the King will hear you hit me, Katie!"
Katie rushed to upright her egg, "Rias, are you ok? Do not worry that was Princess Amanda and her father is my godfather. He won't hurt us."
Kate looked around to see a room full of eye on her, "I know chicken eggs do not talk. This is a special dragon egg? Can you see it's light? I am not lying my egg talks to me. Can't you feel how your eggs feel and hear them?"
They other kids shook the heads and looked at Kate blankly. One girl approached Katie and placed her hand on Kate's shoulder, "You do not lie and if you say you can hear your dragon egg, I believe you. You can make sparks from your finger and levitate your book. We can't and we need wands you don't. I am sure you will have the smartest dragon than us. Amanda is just bossy because her Daddy is king." The girl raised her arm to the table behind Kate and touched the sparkling egg with colored light, "Oh Katie is that your egg! It's beautiful and it changes color when I touched it." A crowed gather to see the egg. Kate blocked her egg. "Rias is alive and she can hear and feel your presence. As far as I know she can only talk to me. I do not understand why or how."
The teacher brushed the children away and examined the egg without touching it, "Go play with the dragons. Kate stay here."
Kate was wiping her eyes when the teacher bend down to Kate's level, "What you have here is a very special gift Katie. Inside you is dragon's blood. You can hear the call of the dragon. That egg talks to you. It may be a long time before it will hatch. That is a very very very ancient blood line one in a million eggs. That being has passed a rare bloodline of dragons. You egg, Katie, goes all the way back to the beginning of the first dragon king or Rexasomegas. On has to wait thousands of years to see one hatch."
The teacher turned to address to the class, but Kate whispered, "Do not tell them. It is our secret. Make them think I am a little nuts. It will be easier to make friends. I do not want Rais being gawked and singled out by the other dragons before she is hatched. When she hatches, everyone will know she is special. If you tell everyone now, the will not be surprised. I want his/her hatch day as special as can be." Kate reached her left arm and placed her hand on top of Rias's shell; then she placed her hand on top of her arm, then whispered"Did you hear that? I bet you new that the moment you came into being. You not like other dragons. I know you will not be like Amanda, mean and bossy. You will be regal and earn others respect. They will have good reason to call you Rex or Rexanna. You will be a great leader and serve all. You knew that from the moment you came into being, Rais, your the rare of the rare. Pretty neat huh. We will be forever friends."

Kate heard the bell. "Oh that thing is so loud and annoying. I will see you before dinner. Don't you mind Amanda she is all bark and no bite. We will show her whose top mage and dragon." Kate patted the egg and piled hey around it, "I do not care if you a boy or girl. Just let me know if get scared. I can hear your voice. Got two more classes and will see you at dinner."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:00 pm 

Rias calmed even more as it listened on to Katie's talking, and eventually, all was well once more. Though that could not be said about what was going on in the outside world of the shell. Rias could hear a snide voice and rather condescending, talk to Katie in a rude manner. Rias wished that they could say something to the others that it could feel around Katie, but at that moment Rias did not know how. But a nudging in the back of the mind came to be. However, Rias did not feel the need to react any longer, as Katie spoke once more, saying something about how Rias was going to grow up to be a regal dragon, not rude, mean or bossy.

"Yes, we will be friends forever!" Rias replies, glowing happily, though it dims down when the bell rang loudly. Signaling that Katie had to leave again. A sad shade of blue glowed on the shell's surface, hearing her words that confirmed that Katie had to go away again. "Bye bye..." Rias says sadly, wishing that the time flew by faster so that Rias would once more get to talk to Katie again. It was so lonely up here without her to talk to. The other shells were all quiet, not responding if Rias tried talking to them. So, Rias was left to it's own thoughts, in the dark and warmth of the shell it called home.

Click Me!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:21 pm 

(so happy this was saved...fast forward a lot)

Katie lived 12 years at the Mage guild school. She did not want to live at home. She feared missing her dragon egg hatch. Every had but her closest friends gave up on her egg hatching, Kate was patient and encourage her being to grow strong and live. The hatching day would be a difficult experience.
Kate snuck her egg into her room at night and carefully placed it among her stuffed animals before breakfast. She visited her egg several times a day. She would teach her egg what she was learning. The little being would be educated in all subjects before it hatched.
The years passed and upon graduation day she checked on her egg before giving the class speech. She rehearsed it many time with her egg. It was right before she was to give her speech she heard a panic scream in her head.
Her baby was ready to hatch and the poor being had to struggle to get out. Kate whispered to Princess Amanda, “You would not have graduated if not for me. Your papa told mine to make sure you had good grades. I need you to give my speech. My egg is ready to hatch. I have to be there.”
Without a word Kate rushed out and ran to the dragon nursery. “I am here Rais. I am here. Baby. Are you scared little one? I trying to keep calm. I can only tell you use everything sharp to break out. Your talons, egg tooth, peck and claw your way out. I have food, water, a towel.