All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pokemon RP IC
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:19 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

"You want me to do...what, now?" Cecilia asked as she slouched in the chair, disinterest suddenly replaced with a look of disbelief.

"I want you to travel to the Alola region. It's a series of islands southwest of Kalos. Really popular with the tourists," he said, dropping the file onto the table in front of her. "Rumor has it that they are trying to wake up a legendary Pokemon native to this region which is able to harness the power of the sun. A Pokemon called Solaleo."

She picked the file up, drowning him out as she turned her attention to it, opening it up and scanning the pages inside. "You want me to do this all by myself?"

"C'mon. This is easy work. You're tough, aren't you? It's just a little side mission they're going through with. I doubt there are going to be any big wigs there. Even so, a lose for them is a win for us."

A lurch woke Cecilia out of her daze, opening her eyes to a face full of fluffy brown feathers, with nothing but shades of blue in the background. Her arms were wrapped tightly around a Noctowl's thick neck, clutching on to dear life as, together, they soared through the skies, salty air whipping her already wind-burnt face. It was the same scene that had been playing for practically the last three days, and she was growing tired of it.

It wasn't long before she felt another lurch. At first she shrugged it off, figuring that Noctowl had just spotted a Remoraid splashing around in the water, and was swooping in to get a better look. Or, he could be getting tired. So tired that his wings were starting to give out. Cecilia frowned, patting Noctowl on the head. If he could just hang in there a little longer...

And then she spotted it. Specks of green off in the distance. That had to be the islands. That had to be the Alola region. She pointed towards the islands and dug her heels into the Noctowl's sides, urging him to go faster. The Owl pokemon took a deep dive until he reached the water's surface, flying low over the water as he beat his large wings harder and faster. The specks of green quickly morphed into four solid land masses. Cecilia could make out city skylines, mountains, and a large white structure floating around in the water between the islands. Noctowl swerved towards one of the middle islands, destination set in his mind as he zoned in on a butling beach overshadowed by a huge resort.

Too worn out to end the journey with a graceful landing, Noctowl instead opted for just slamming into the ground, sending Cecilia skidding forward across the sand. Ignoring the stares and mutters from all of the sunscreen slathered tourists lazing around, she let out a load groan and attempted to stand. But before she could even stand halfway up her knees quickly buckled in, and Cecilia found hersefl sinking into the sand once again.

She was never going to fly long-distance on a Pokemon again.

Last edited by MoonRock on Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Pokemon RP IC
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:02 pm 

Zachary walked out his house with his Gumshoos like he does everyday. It'd look like he was taking his pet on a walk, but it was mostly him chasing after Gumshoos when it caught a scent of Alolan Rattata. Again, Gumshoos caught a scent, but he didn't give his usual tell like he does when he smells Alolan Rattata. Gumshoos walked slowly to the beach and Zachary followed him. When they got there, Zach could tell what Gumshoos could smell. A visitor from another region had come, crash landed while riding a Pokémon, and had a scent of Rattata on them. Zach rushed to help her up, and Gumshoos followed him.
"Hey. Are you all right?" He asked as Gumshoos smelled Cecilia. Gumshoos licked her because she didn't look like food, and became disinterested with the fact she didn't taste like food. Zachary saw Gumshoos's disappointed look and handed him a patterned Poké bean. "Cheer up, Gummy. We'll find you something good later, OK?" He said to his Pokémon.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:04 am 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for the help." Cecilia nodded as she brushed the sand off her, grimacing slightly as some weird Pokemon with razor sharp teeth and a funky 'do licked her leg. "This is the Alola region, right?" She questioned as Zachary handed a Poke bean to his Pokemon, not thinking anything of the simple action until she heard a loud hoot and saw Noctowl diving in for the bean.

The situation quickly turned into a storm of loose feathers and rapidly beating wings as she blocked Noctowl from his target, using as much strength as she could muster. "Sorry, he hasn't had anything to eat in the last few days except stale donuts and a crusty, dried up Magikarp." With one big push she managed to shove the Noctowl away, causing him to fly up to a palm tree and land on top, eyes quickly closing as soon as he folded his wings in. Cecilia shrugged it off. As long as he didn't wander off too far. Her bag, full of items, clothing, and trash, was strapped to his back, after all. With her hands now free, Cecilia turned her attention once again to Zachary.

"Say, do you happen to have any more of those?" she asked, pointing to the brightly colored legume the Gumshoos was eating.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:03 pm 

"Yes, this is the Alola region. Yeah, I have a bunch of Pokébeans!" Zachary said as he got a bag from his pocket. "If he hasn't had anything to eat for a while, you should give him a Rainbow Pokébean, they're the best kind! Trust me, I've tried them before." He said as he got a Rainbow bean from the bag and handed it to Cecilia. "He should perk right up after you give him that, Pokémon love them! If you want to get some yourself, you can go to the Poké pelago." Zachary glanced at his Gumshoos and saw it was glaring at the Noctowl. "He's just hungry, it's really not his fault." He said to his Gumshoos.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:42 am 

With a large smile on her face, she grabbed the bean and quickly shoved it in her mouth, savoring every chew. It tasted odd, like some kind of flavor combo of baked beans and watermelon. "Mm-hmm. Pwe'y intewesting." Cecilia noted, mouth full of food. Who would of thought that she'd ever be shoving food made for Pokemon down her throat? Still, she couldn't complain. Food was food.
Once she had swallowed it all down, she yelled out to Noctowl, clapping her hands a few times to wake him up. The owl Pokemon awoke with a jolt and flew down from his temporary roost, landing right in front of her. Cecilia stared in his deep eyes for a moment, patting him softly on the neck. Who would've ever thought you could buy such an awesome Pokemon off the black market? And for such a cheap price. Unbuckling her bag from his back, she rummaged through it until she found a blue tinted Great Ball. "Thanks for all of your hard work, Noctowl. Now get some rest. I'll get you some food soon." Cecilia pulled the ball out and returned Noctowl before slinging the bag behind her back.
"So...there is a Pokemon Center around here, right?" She asked Zachary. "One with free services, I'm presuming. Y'know, a free bed. Food. Healing. The works."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:48 pm 

"Yes but, the Pokébean was for the Noctowl. It doesn't realy care for you that much, I can see that in it's eyes, and it would've at least landed a bit more softly if it really didn't want to hurt you in any way, but that landing had really no try to it. Something's gotta be up, but I'll save my judgement for when I know all of it." Zachary said, getting another Rainbow Bean from his bag and giving it to Cecilia before leading her to the Pokémon Center. Some people there waved at him, and the cook approached him.

"Hey Zachary! How you doin'? Who's the guest? Does she eat as much as you? If so, then I might as well get to the kitchen right now!" The cook said.

"I have no idea, she's a tourist from some region who crashed while on a Noctowl." Zach said, before turning towards Cecilia again. "How much food do you think you'll eat?" He asked her.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:15 am 

Cecilia gave a soft snort at the clearly untrue comment of Noctowl not liking her much (he had just flown her half way around the world, after all), but otherwise followed Zachary in silence, slowing for a second to marvel an elaborately built sandcastle. It was made up of two round towers surrounding a central base with a large, gaping tunnel at the foot and three windows above the the tunnel. Then she caught sight of two moving specks of light in the small windows, following her as she walked along, as if the sand castle was watching her. It quickly dawned on her that the sandcastle was actually A Pokemon, with the tunnel being it's mouth and the windows being it's eyes. She shook it off, picking up speed to catch back up with Zachary.

As soon as they had arrived everyone was waving and greeting them, including a guy who was wearing a slightly stained apron. Overhearing the conversation between the two, she spoke up, smiling slightly. "Oh, I guess now would be a great time for introductions. My name is Cecilia and I've come here all the way from the Hoenn Region. Just on a little vacay."

That small smile turned into a grin as she pondered how much food she could eat. "I'm up for eating anything right now. Hot dogs sound good. Yes, four hot dogs. And some water, please." Cecilia nodded her head, contempt as she dropped her bag on the floor and sat down at a table, but not before adding one more request for the chef. "And, hey, if you have any scrap metal - aluminum cans, tin foil, old forks. Anything like that would be appreciated."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:07 pm 

"Hoenn, eh? I've heard about some of the Pokémon there, sad some of those Pokémon's evolution items are only in Sinnoh." Zachary said, "Metal? It's for a Pokémon? Haven't heard of a Pokémon that eats metal, but then again Alolan Grimer eats only garbage, so I think it can get a bit weirder."

"Ok, I'll be right back with your food. Your usual, Zachary?" The chef said as Zachary nodded, and then the chef went into the kitchen.

"That's really all you want? Some hot dogs and water?" He asked, disbelief in his eyes. He wouldn't believe she had just crossed the ocean if he didn't see her land. He wasn't as suspicious as he was a second ago, the Noctowl could just be a bit weaker than a normal Noctowl, though it should have something to eat, especially since Cecillia took the Rainbow Pokébean he wanted her to give to it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:16 pm 

"Well, I'm not trying to win any rewards for 'most hot dogs eaten in an hour' here. I think that'll be enough," she shrugged, a small laugh escaping her mouth. "And yeah, the metal's for one of my Pokemon." Cecilia placed the Pokebean on the table, reserving it for Noctowl.

"So...Zachary. How do you like living in this region? It's really beautiful, and I've heard some really weird stories of the Pokemon that can be found here. Like..." Cecilia stopped, biting the inside of her cheek as she scanned around for examples. One Pokemon she saw in the distance immediately caught her eye and she had to do everything she could to keep her jaw from dropping. "Like Exeggutors as large as trees, and Pokemon...shaped like sand castles. What town are we in, anyway?" All she knew is that she had landed on Akala Island, if she had memorised the simple, crudely drawn map she had been given correctly. On the map the southern most island in the chain was marked with a big red X. But what was so special about that place? Of course, whoever created the mission summary she had crammed into her bag left her with absolutely no clue.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:04 pm 

"I enjoy living here, but it's pretty hot most of the time. There are some pretty weird Pokémon here, I've heard of some weird Pokémon from other regions, like a turtle with cannons on it's back or a duck with a vegetable. This is Heahea City." Zachary said, as he looked in the window, then at the door to notice his Gumshoos running out the Pokémon Center.
"I'll be right back!" He said as he chased after it. He tried to return Gumshoos to it's Pokéball, but failed as it was out of range. Gumshoos stopped by the water and sniffed a bit, only to be ambushed by the Wishiwashi it thought it smelled then lost track of. Thankfully, it was normal form currently but he knew what could happen if agitated. It used Water Gun on Gumshoos, which made it angry and it used Crunch, thankfully it was enough to knock it out instantly.
"Guess I underestimated you." Zach said as he pet his Pokémon, as a Wishiwashi who saw what just happened went into school form, with the help of others around it. "Well... Looks like we have something to battle." Zach said as he noticed this one was a bit larger than others like it, made up of all the Wishiwashi nearby in the ocean instead of just a lake, a smile of excitement on his face as he thought of what it might call. He's been trying to find a Mareanie for a while, so one of those would be good.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:02 am 

Heahea city, huh? Well, she could play tourist here for a while. Why not? Cecilia had just began to lean back and get comfortable when Zachary shot out of the center, chasing after his Pokemon. Cecilia quickly reached for her bag and pulled a Pokeball out, releasing the Pokemon sleeping within. A Krokorok materialized from thin air, blinking wearily as she adjusted to the artificial lighting. "Morning, Rooka. Up for some fresh air?" Cecilia grabbed the sand reptile's snout, forcing her to look up at her trainer. "Just remember what I said: Be on your best behavior. Now let's go." Without a second thought, she ran after her new ally, with Rooka following behind. As she stepped outside she scanned around, spotting Zachary and his Gumshoos at the shoreline, battling a small fish Pokemon.

She skidded to a halt near Zachary and waved slightly. "Hey, need some - Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! What is that?" Cecilia gasped as she watched the dreary looking fish quickly gather and group into a huge monster. Instantly she shot her arm out in front of Rooka, stopping the Krokorok from getting any closer to the now huge beast. Maybe it was best if she just sat back and watched this battle unfold. She wasn't really up for battling right now, anyways. Rooka just didn't get the hint, though. Dropping down on all fours, she swerved around Cecilia and ran towards the Wishiwashi school. Once she was near enough she thrashed the ground with her tail, causing a slew of rocks to come up out of the ground and rain down on the wild Pokemon.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:46 am 

The rocks that Rooka launched at the school of fish were effective, but didn't really do much when the injured Wishiwashi were replaced with others. "This'll take a while." Zachary said as Gumshoos used Hyper Fang, catching a decent amount of Wishiwashi, but again, they were replaced quickly. The Wishiwashi used Water Gun, thankfully on Gumshoos, but surprisingly doing a third of it's health.
"I think we're going to run out of healing items, if we even have any." Zachary said again, checking his bag, but coming out with some useless items and a nugget he forgot to sell.
"This is bad, the only healing I have is Gumshoos's Sitrus Berry, you have a potion or something for later? We'll definitely need it." He asked, a slightly worried expression crawling onto his face.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:26 pm 

"No, I didn't bring any healing items with me. I packed as light as I could. All I brought was food, clean clothes, and my Pokemon." Cecilia let out a loud groan, mentally slapping her face as she watched her Krokorok dance around, dodging the Wishwashi's water type moves. Just one succesful hit and ground type Rooka would be badly hurt. Man! Did she pick the wrong Pokemon for this battle. But if Rooka hadn't rushed into the battle in the first place....

Once the spouts of water stoppe, Rooka whipped up some sand using her tail. Rising back to two legs, she used her tail as a baseball bat, swinging it at the pile of sand she created and sending it flying at the enemy Pokemon. The sand began to spin around the Wishiwashi, trapping it in a sandstorm.

"How about we just get out of here and go back to the Pokemon Center" Cecilia suggested, already taking a few steps back away from the raging battle. Then again, the Wishiwashi did look like it was starting to weaken. Maybe they could win this fight.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:54 pm 

"If we go to the Pokémon Center, it'll follow us there and probably end up damaging it. I'm sure we'll need it anyways, so let's just finish this." Zachary said as the Wishiwashi called for help, a Mareanie coming to it's call. "Finally! Gumshoos, are you ready for what we've been practicing?" Zachary said to his Pokémon as it nodded. Zachary picked Gumshoos up, ran half the beach away, then ran back, coming to stop and spinning, then throwing Gumshoos legs first at the Wishiwashi, delivering a powerful kick to the leading Wishiwashi before rebounding back onto the beach. "Who needs Z-moves when you have teamwork?" Zachary yelled triumphantly as the Wishiwashi scattered without a leader. Zach fed his Gumshoos a Rainbow bean, then instructed it to weaken the Mareanie so he could catch it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:14 am 

"Well, well, well. This little field trip gets crazier by the minute." Cecilia mumbled under her breath, crossing her arms on her chest as the little Gumshoos flew over her and successfully landed a kick at the Wishiwashi. That was definitely an....unorthodox way of handling things. But, hey, whatever works. She began to applaude as Zachary ran back onto the beach, chucking slightly. "Great job, you two. Ya'll been trying out for the circus?"

The school of fish broke up, leaving a weird, blue and purple Pokemon, dotted with thorns, behind. And Zachary seemed to be really interested in this Pokemon. "Alright, Rooka. You going to actually listen to me this time? Use..." She paused for a moment, her brain processing what move to choose. She had no clue about this Pokemon's type. What moves would be effective against it? "Rooka use dig." The Krokorok let out a snort, quickly diving into the sand like it was water. A minute later Rooka came up right under the thorny Pokemon, slamming into the Mareanie's stalk-like body and weakening it greatly.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:48 am 

Gumshoos ran up to attack the Mareanie, but stopped as Rooka used dig. Gumshoos sniffed the Pokémon and then turned it's head back and nodded at Zachary, who threw a Great Ball. Once, twice, thrice, and it burst out. The Mareanie tried using Poison Sting on Gumshoos, but missed, thankfully. Zachary threw another Great Ball. Once, twice, thrice, click! Mareanie was caught! "Uhh... Should I nickname it? Umm... Nah, Mareanie is good." Zachary said to himself as he patted his Gumshoos on the head. He sent out the Mareanie and sat down in front of it, with Gumshoos doing the same. "I'm Zachary, and welcome to my team!" He said, patting his new Pokémon on the head as Gumshoos and him smiled. Mareanie smiled back, and Zach got back up after a few seconds. "You'll love being a part of our team, trust me!" He said before returning Mareanie to it's ball.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:20 am 

Rooka, her scales covered in sand and dirt, lunged for the ball the Mareanie was now in, mouth wide open as a dark glow surrounded her razor sharp teeth. But before she could crunch down on the PokeBall, Cecilia grabbed on to her tail, pulling the heavy Krokorok away from Zachary. "Alright, you big lizard. You've had you're fun." Cecilia grumbled, dusting her hands off.

"Hey, you're a pretty good trainer, Zachary. And you even caught a new Pokemon. A 'Mare-eenie', right?" Cecilia tapped her chin, wondering if she pronounced that right. She looked down at Rooka, who was now focusing her rage on the sand, scooping it up into her mouth and swallowing it whole. No doubt she was starving. "Let's go see if that foods ready. And, once we're done, maybe you'd be up for a little sightseeing on Ula'ula Island. I've heard it's a really beautiful place." She smiled and nodded slightly before heading back to the Pokecenter, Rooka at her heels.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:04 pm 

"Yeah, I've heard that Maraenie's evolution is pretty good. According to some hippies or something, Toxapex, it's evolution, leaves behind a trail of Corsola bits wherever it goes. I'm not a scientist, but I think that means it's powerful if it can battle Pokémon after Pokémon and not get tired." Zachary said, "Sure, it over hunts them, but you gotta be strong to over hunt something. I think our food is done, let's go check on it." He said as he walked back to the Pokémon Center, and speak of the devil, the chef came out the kitchen with their food. In one hand he had a plate with some hot dogs on it, and in the other hand he had some metal scraps. "Zachary, your food will be out in a minute." The chef said as he laid the plate of hot dogs on Cecilia's side of the table and the metal scraps on the floor, then went back into the kitchen. "I just thought of something. Why was your... The Pokémon you named 'Rooka', about to bite the Pokéball I caught Maraenie in?" Zachary asked, a bit of the suspicion from before returning.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:01 am 

Finally! Food! Cecilia hurried to the table as the chef served the ordered dishes, sitting down with a sigh. She wasn't sure how Zachary would react if she started eating while he was still waiting for his meal, but decided not to put too much though into it. She slathered the pork sausages with mustard and ketchup as Zachary asked her a surprisingly wary question.

"Ah, Rooka....She just tends to get over excited. Too caught up in the moment....She didn't mean anything by it." She explained with a shrug as she laid down the ketchup bottle and picked up her bag, which she had shoved under the table before running out to help with the battle, and pulled out the Pokebean that Zachary had given her earlier. "She's a little moody at times, but she's tough. Plus, she has perfect night vision." As soon as Cecilia dropped the bean in front of Rooka, the overgrown Krokorok dove at the treat, swallowing it whole. Then she pulled out two Pokeballs: Noctowl's great ball and an old, scratched up nest ball with a faded sticker of the letter 'M' pasted on it.

"Why don't you let your new Corsola fiend out?" Cecilia suggested before taking a bite of her food.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:22 pm 

"Sure." Zachary said. He'd never seen a Pokémon target a Pokeball like that, even wild Pokémon. "Corsola Fiend? That's a good nickname. And while Maraenie is out, I'll let the rest of my Pokémon out, too." He said, grabbing his bag and rummaging through it for his balls. He took out the Pokeball Gumshoos was in, the Ultra Ball Maraenie was in, and a Dusk ball. "Come on out you guys. Meet your new teammate!" He said, throwing the Dusk and Poke balls out, Gumshoos and a Deino popping out. He then threw the Ultra ball, with Maraenie coming out. The three pretty much conversed with eachother after Zach introduced Maraenie to Gumshoos and Deino and vice versa.