All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:49 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Kazuto, Suguha, Asuna, Ryoutarou (Klein), Rika (Lisbeth) and of course Yui via the device on Asuna's shoulder. Asuna had been nice enough to pay for them all plane tickets to a gaming convention. Yui was asking Kirito and Asuna a barrage of questions about America, though none of this group had ever been there and were newbies themselves.

When they got off at the airport in California, they would stay at a hotel for the night and head to the famously huge E3 convention in Los Angeles the next day.

They spotted a man around 18 or 19 holding up a sign saying Yuuki and looking around.

"Hi! I'm Asuna, these are my friends: Rika, Ryoutarou and Sugu and Kazuto! We're here for the game expo?" Asuna said, shaking the boy's hand. "Oh yeah you're the people from Japan I'm supposed to show around! C'mon, I'll go with ya to the hotel!" He led them to a limo, which had a chauffeur holding the door open for them to get in.

"I'm Zach, by the way!" The boy said as he entered the limo with them

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:22 am 

"Kazuto, you've met Asuna, and this is Suguha, Ryoutarou, and Rika. The device on Asuna's shoulder is Yui. It's nice to meet you!" Came the formal introduction from Kazuto, listing everyone off.

The limo drove on to the hotel, which seemed to host all the E3 goers of the year. One person in particular was A casual gamer, named Samuel Q. Shimada, a 17-18 year old, Japanese-American third generation who usually went by the Gamer Handle "Quintus" or any variation thereof, and was a close colleague to several gamers, but he never gotten into the VRMMO's until he heard about a very interesting Game up and coming.

He was now checking into his room and noticed the long line behind him. "Wow, that's a lot of people for the conferences. Wonder if any of them could recommend a good External hard drive for my PS4." He mused to himself. He simply shrugged and signed his name.

Meanwhile the limo pulled up and the group was amazed at the sights on their way here. "Wow!" Kazuto said. "How big a line is that?" Kazuto asked as Suguha elbowed him.

"Don't get excited, I want to see how much they like cosplay, OOH! I wonder what American food is like and such!" Suguha exclaimed.

"I don't get it, isn't food the same all around?" Yui asked Asuna.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:04 am 

The sound of sizzling met their ears, and they saw people seated at a bar who had skillets in front of them with strips of skirt steak, peppers and onions. It smelled absolutely AMAZING! "Can we get some of that?!" Klein asked, drooling.

"Sure! They're called Fajitas." Zach smiled

Klein was over there staring at a man's flour tortillas that he had spooned fajita into and was currently eating. "Uhh...Klein, ya might wanna get your own before you drool all over that guy." Zach joked.

Soon they were all dining on a fajita each, Lisbeth smirked: "Thank god Asuna's loaded!" as she scarfed down a loaded flour tortilla she'd overloaded.

"So, you mentioned cosplay, Sugu? Funny thing is Japanese culture and anime and manga is super popular here in the states." Zach smiled

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:56 am 

"Ooh! That's pretty cool!" Suguha exclaimed. "I wonder how many Alfheim cosplayers there will be." Most of the group shrugged.

"Just as long as none of them cramp my style then their cool." Klein said as they began to chuckle.

"Whatever you say Salamander." Kazuto said as he pondered what would happen next as they ate their lunch.

-----

The next Day E3 opens as the people with passes got through and looked through the various games that would be announced, talked about, or unveiled. Everyone in the group was half amazed by the stuff. "Papa look!" Yui shouted, "there's lots of people here, half of them dressed up as various video game people like at home!"

"Yes Yui." Kazuto said as he looked to see if there was anything else here. "Man, E3 sure is a lot more crazier then I thought."

"Lighten up brother. We just gotta stick together and fun-whoa!" Suguha almost tripped but was caught by a passerby who helped her back up as he left before she got the chance to say thanks. "What the, that's strange, I never thought someone would skedaddle that quick."

"Must be in a rush to play some upcoming games as we are." Klein suggested with a shrug.

Meanwhile, Samuel was in a state of panic. "Holy crap, holy crap! I helped a girl out and then my shyness pulled me away! Bad form brain, And bad form Autism! Gahhh! I hate hate hate hate HATE you! Huh, I should've cosplayed as Kefka." he thought randomly near the end as he went to the VR section to find out if the rumored MMO on the hardware was coming true.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:08 pm 

Sure enough, the VR section was showcasing a very big project established by the American company Warner Bros. in collaboration with the American comic-book company of DC. The project had been kept under wraps for quite some time now, listed in most of the media as an unknown project headed by WB.

The group was led by Zach over to this area where their tour guide suddenly let out a yelp upon seeing the displays of various DC heroes and villains set up around the VRMMO section. "They actually did it! I didn't think they would!" Zach was practically bouncing around the place. "Ohhh this year's show is gonna be soooo great!"

"What's the big deal?" Lisbeth asked. Zach seemed to calm down a bit after that, "Oh uh..basically one of the biggest companies who specialize in selling American comics...which are the equivalent of manga here by the way, decided to make a VRMMO. And being how invested in the lore to a degree of being an outright nerd for the stuff...you can see how I'm excited."

"Seems kinda....for kids." Klein deadpanned.

"Well the thing is they've gotten a lot more mature in their content since around the 80's I think? Cause they realized their readers were growing up. They needed to bring more mature content and more serious and heavy hitting story arcs." Zach said, not noticing the boy who was nearby overheard him.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:21 pm 

"Eh?" Samuel said to himself as he observed the group he 'anonymously' helped out and noticed who was guiding them. "Shoulda known Zach was involved in this..." he rolled his eyes and observed the stands. Welp! He had an excuse to save up his money even further, that's for certain. Now he had to plan for an External HDD, and a VR set.

But it didn't matter. He did notice Suguha looking at him for a brief moment but he shrugged it off. He had to find a seat.

"Huh, I didn't know that American comics can get dark like that. I guess our Manga, no matter which, likes to throw in a bit of everything, light and dark." Klein said as Kazuto shrugged in agreement. Yui looked at Asuna and Lisbeth and stated her question.

"What are the boys talking about Mother?" She asked innocently.

"It's just an international geek talk I imagine." Suguha stated. "Well If it's an MMO it would be interesting to try out with everyone." She then noticed the boy that helped keep her from faceplanting was observing the group. He noticed too and tried to leave but she decided to pull him in.

"Hi, I never got to say thanks for helping me out a few minutes ago!" She said as Sam looked at her hand on his as she pulled him into the conversation.

"Whoa! H-hang on now, aren't you not supposed to talk to strange people?" He asked with a raised brow. Welp. Sam was caught in the loop.

Last edited by Firewind on Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:00 pm 

Zach looked up from a rack of graphic novels that were being sold in the wake of the big event, and rushed over when he saw someone he knew being dragged in by Suguha. "Heeey! Sam!!" he waved.

"Might wanna let go of his hand before he has a panic attack, Sugu." Zach joked. "Sammy here's not really the social type." he patted Samuel on the back. "Buuut he's a good guy....like how he saved you from falling on your face back there."

"You're gonna have to learn to suck it up....we're gonna be in a reaaally big crowd." Zach teased.

"Really? How big is it?" Asuna asked.

"It's THE main place where companies in America come to show off and announce new games. So it gets pretty packed, like an ocean of people."

Asuna and the others were wide eyed...then an announcement was heard over the speakers that the presentation would be starting soon.

"Better go grab our reserved seats. They're supposed to have a sort of cinematic presentation to get those who aren't familiar with the lore up to speed on the main DC characters. So you'll probably wanna watch that."

They had soon taken their seats before an enormous stage with screens that displayed a history of DC's Justice League and the characters that made it up.

Clark Kent was shown in the footage learning about who he really was from a sentient AI of Jor-El...his birth father. They learned his true name was Kal-El and his home planet had been destroyed due to the civilization abandoning space exploration and becoming isolationists who depended upon artificial population control. Kal was Krypton's first natural birth in over a century...and it's last.

"This is a Genesis Chamber, every Kryptonian was conceived in one of these to fulfill a predetermined role in Krypton's society. Your mother, Lara, and I believed Krypton lost something precious: The element of dreams and hopes, aspirations. What if there was a child who dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended...what if a child could aspire to something greater?" Jor-El explained to Clark in the footage

"Why couldn't you come with me?" Clark would ask. "As much as we wanted to...we couldn't, your mother and I were as much a product of Krypton's problems as General Zod was. The people of Earth are different from us it's true...but ultimately I think that's a good thing. They won't necessarily make the same mistakes we did...not if you guide them Kal....and give them hope." A chamber opened and the Superman uniform was revealed.

"That's what the symbol of the House of El means...it means that deep down within every person is the potential to be a force for good."

After more cutscenes featuring Green Lanterns, Wonder Woman and Flash it showed game play of players of all kinds in the game, some were Speedsters, others were able to fly and lift thousands of times their own weight, others were female warriors known as Amazons, some were what was explained as the Green Lanterns, sort of an intergalactic police force who could create hard constructs of anything with a ring.

Jor-El's voice played over the game footage:

"You will give the people of the world an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble and they will fall. But...in time...they will join you in the sun."

"In time you will help them accomplish wonders..."

As the crowds took their seats, the true presentation began and two beta testers were brought out with Amuspheres. They would apparently be doing a live demonstration with actual players diving in.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:37 pm 

Sam paled visibly, and considerably. "Oh dear.... big crowds...?" His brain began to shut down. Suguha slapped his arm to jumpstart whatever brain cells still remained to get him back on track.

"Come on, if you sit with us it won't be that..." she trailed off as she heard what Zach described about the crowd. "Bad."

"I'm going to faint if we don't find our seats and then possibly go deaf in a resulting large scale cheering. That or have Eustachian Tube Dysfunction." Sam stated.

"Doesn't that happen with colds?" Kazuto asked as Sam turned to look at him. "Right, anyway let's go and hope that the place is air conditioned!"

That statement made even Klein cringe. Yui just tilted her head in confusion of the statement. "What does Papa mean?"

-----

Later when the group got to their reserved seats and watched the big announcements, cheers occurred on several moments of the announcement. Sam mostly clapped as he observed the gameplay detail. Suguha looked at some of the Character classes being previewed and pondered which she should go for.

Kazuto paled a bit, because some of the good classes didn't seem to have a sword weapon on them, but he was sure that the weapons wouldn't be class locked.

"Alright! Hey Asuna, do you think I should be a Speedster or an Amazon?"

"I think I'm gonna go for the Amazon," Asuna said as Kazuto then started to picture her in a Wonder Woman outfit, Klein noticed this and tried to snap him out of it.

"Kazuto! Snap out of it!" He shouted.

The whole of the audience clapped and cheered and whooped at the Trailer's end. "You Americans take your comics seriously..." Suguha shouted to try and talk to Sam.

"Well, the big super fans do anyway!" He replied as he saw the Amuspheres. "That is WAY out of my budget range..."

"You don't have an Amusphere?" Klein asked.

Sam shrugged. "I'm a budget gamer, not sure how much those guys are worth in American dough." He explained. "I even debated which External HDD to use for PS4 when the 4.50 update rolled around." The struggle to find a sizeable one was real. So so real. As well as the Amusphere in and of itself.

"Well guys, I think we found the next game to try out!" Kazuto stated with a grin.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:29 am 

The DC Entertainment executive introduced the two beta testers before having them lay down on couches that were provided on stage. The screen filled with the first beta tester's point of view. "The A.I. system in the game is some of the advanced we've ever created. It is quite sentient and one could say the NPCs you'll encounter in the game ARE legitimately alive and can be said to be the real characters from the DC mythos."

The beta tester was shown on his HUD to be in Gotham City. "Choose a mission of your preference and show us around!" The exec said in his headset which was connected to the player's system in game.
It was revealed this boy's character wielded a combat knife strapped to his leg and had an array of gadgets like a grappling hook and grenades and rubber bullets.

The event took place at a bank robbery...with hostages, the beta tester could handle things any way he wanted,this player apparently preferred the direct approach.
Climbing through a vent he hung from the ceiling and they watched through his eyes as he dropped down behind a robber and choked him out into unconsciousness...muffling his cries for help. The hostages were untied and set free outside. The player grappled to the ceiling as he sounded the alarm to gain the robbers' attention.

When the criminals came runnin' and found their hostages gone, the player dropped a flashbang in their midst and began systematically picking them off.

When their vision returned, one of the thugs threw a REAL grenade at him...he caught it to the audience's amazement and threw it back as it exploded.

The words appeared on his screen: EVENT COMPLETE.

"Alriiight! Now that you've seen how the game works! It's time to pick someone to win a FREE Amusphere!"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:53 pm 

"Yup, definitely getting this game when it comes out. Or at least get us signed up for the Beta Test." Kazuto said as the others nodded in agreement after watching the testers do their thing.

"I'm so going to either Be an Amazon or a Super strong person!" Suguha said excitedly.

"I think me and Lisbeth fit that latter department." Klein said as the spokesperson explain that they were giving away a Free Amusphere to a lucky winner. Lisbeth gave a friendly glare at Klein when suddenly, Zach was picked out by sheer luck.

They had him brought up to the stage. "Alright, we have our winner but getting here is half the battle, you must answer three questions about the DC universe." Said the spokesperson. "Now, These two sons were traded between the opposite worlds of Apokolips and New Genesis as part of a peace effort between them. Who were these children and name their planet of origin and where they were traded to?"

Zach stretched his arms and took a deep breath.

"Oh boy, here he goes." Samuel said as Lisbeth and Kazuto look at him oddly, before Zach said his answer.

"Scott Free aka Mister Miracle was traded to Apokolips and was originally born on New Genesis as the son of Highfather Izaya. Orion was originally born on Apokolips as the son of Darkseid and was traded to New Genesis." He said with a smile.

"Well... then it would seem, to be the Correct Answer! We have a winner! Here is your new Amusphere!" The announcer said as applause occurred. Zach however pointed towards Samuel and he knew what that meant.

"Oh that's right.. he must have realized how much of a budget dude I am and besides, he already got one for crying out loud!" Sam thought.

"Welcome to the Amusphere club! Ahaha!" Klein laughed as applauded. Suguha patted Sam's shoulder.

"We're all friendly. So don't worry too much and don't be shy!" She said with a grin.

"Yay, we pulled another person to our gaming community!" Yui shouted.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:39 pm 

Soon the day of release came, all over America and Japan people rushed to purchase their copies of DC Universe Online. The group would log into the game as soon as their copies finished downloading to their headsets.

Klein selected the Speedster class and was armed with a katana like his ALO avatar.

Lisbeth was a Green Lantern.

Asuna was an Amazon armed with a spear and shield.

Leafa was a female Kryptonian who could fly and was, as she had said before, super strong.

Kirito had gotten Yui to incorporate his ALO dual swords. He selected the Kryptonian class so he could fly and have the strength Leafa had. Of course, his outfit was black.

They entered the prologue and were treated to a short cutscene as was every new player.

"My name is General Zod...I have traveled across an ocean of stars to be here. For years your world has sheltered one of my citizens. He will look like you, but he is NOT one of you. Kal-El, and any other Kryptonians? I say this: Surrender yourselves within twenty-four hours...or this world will suffer the consequences." Zod's voice threatened.

They saw Superman standing in front of Zod in an apparent dream. A large spider-like machine crashed upon the surface of the planet in this dream, kicking up rubble and a gust of wind as the Kent's farm was blown away. "You say you want Earth to be the New Krypton. What about the people here?" Superman shouted.

That was then the millions of players realized they were standing upon an ocean of human skeletons and skulls. Zod declared: "The foundation has to be built on something...even your father understood that."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:06 pm 

Up until the release of the game in and of itself, Sam got his practice of the Amusphere Console in (After ensuring he got a good deal on an external hdd for the PS of course). He tried out several single player amusphere games such as:

Overlord 4: Amusphere Edition

Dynasty Warriors 10: Empires VR

Diablo 4: VR and so on. Finally the new D.C. universe online came and he hooked up and went into the beginning cutscene after creating his Avatar.

------

"Whoa! Okay so We're supposed to be opposed to Zod?" Kirito asked as he looked at Leafa.

"I suppose so, I mean look at the skulls!" Leafa said, as Asuna and Lisbeth tried hard not to look down or be creeped out by it.

"Don't look down, don't look down." Lisbeth chanted.

"I could run laps around that guy!" Klein said, "if this is a boss fight we can take him!"

"Nah, it's just the beginning cutscene, as creepy and unsettling it may be." Kirito instructed. "We might as well wait and see what happens next!"

Superman was staring in horror of the bones and screaming "No!" Many times. One of the other players witnessing it was Samuel's Avatar, Quintus.

"Huh, they've adapted the Man of Steel into the beginning. What's next I wonder." He muttered to himself as he checked out the robotic gauntlet on his left arm. "Oh wow, it even has a touchscreen! I wonder if I can do Transmutation Circles?" He jokingly remarked. He was now in his gaming mindset, making him much more social and adventurous.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:41 pm 

Soon every player was teleported to Smallville as the cutscene ended. Zod's ship flew overhead, the Kryptonian players would pick up radio chatter as United States military aircraft flew overhead. Nam-Ek and Faora leaped down to the ground as the jets began to shoot at them.

"Thunder 1-1 good hit! Request immediate re-attack!" Colonel Hardy was heard saying.

Nam leaped onto one of the jets as the radio chatter sounded again: "THUNDER 1-1 EJECT! EJECT!" The jet was brought down in the distance in a fiery explosion

Superman flew at Faora, but she sidestepped him before their eyes. They saw she and Nam had a healthbar, the battle was on!

"You are weak, son of El, unsure of yourself!" Superman and other players attempted to attack her. The players found themselves grabbed by the throat and thrown into buildings.. "The fact that you all possess a useless sense of morality, and we do not? Gives us the evolutionary advantage."

A random player who seemed somewhat familiar to the group and Sam, logged in on the opposite side of the road and proceeded to wave his hand at a fire hydrant. The top of the hydrant exploded and before their eyes froze and formed a long spear which was sent directly at Faora.

When it made contact with her, Zach caused it to explode into boiling water in her face. He waved at the group of friends he recognized, "Sup guys? Am I late?" He didn't notice Nam until it was too late and he was slammed into from behind. "Ow damn!" He said as he skidded onto the concrete.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:56 am 

"Late enough to not notice Nam behind ya. What kept ya?" Quintus asked as he charged at Nam whilst pressing several prompts on his touch screen, blasting a flamethrower at him to distract him before giving him an uppercut.

Klein was trying to help Superman fight Faora but he got the same treatment as most of the players present.

"Oof! She hits harder then Lisbeth when she gets mad her weapons break." He muttered.

"I heard that! I wanna help too! Hey guys, how does my ring powers work anyway?!" She asked as she dodged a flying vehicle.

"Rarrrgghh!" Asuna yells as she runs at Faora with her spear, managing to nick her whilst Kirito struck at her shoulder. The combined attack gave made her healthbar go down several clicks.

"Yes! We managed to land a blow on her!" Kirito yelled in excitement.

"Great kid! Don't get cocky!" Quntus yelled out before Nam charged at him. If there was a sound matching the situation before him, it'd be an oncoming truck horn.

"Oh no." He stated in his Normal Samuel tone before getting tackled, sending him sailing through several buildings. "You've got to be, kidding me! Someone catch me-huh?!" Quintus was indeed caught, by an amused Leafa.

"Consider us even for E3 huh?" She asked, beaming a huge smile.

"Yeah, thanks very much." Quintus replied. "Let's get back to the others and figure out a new plan."

As this goes on Faora taunts Superman a bit more. "It's just like they say, Evolution always wins." She said with a smirk.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:39 am 

Zach stood next to Lisbeth, "You're a Green Lantern! Your ring forms hard constructs of anything you can imagine! All it takes is willpower and juice!"

"Juice? Like a battery?! Is this thing rechargable?" Lisbeth gawked. Zach nodded, "Yeah! That's one of it's drawbacks is that it has to be recharged after so much use! Try making something to hit the big guy with!" Zach zipped around on an ice path he was creating. Nam threw a truck at one of the helicopters in the air. It was hit and began spinning out of control: "We're goin' in hot!" The pilot said as one of the soldiers fell out and into the open air. Superman blasted off the ground and caught him, setting him safely on the ground. "You ok?" Superman kindly asked the soldier.

The soldier pulled out his gun with a look of fear over Superman's shoulder, Faora and Nam tackled Superman to the street. They pinned him down as Superman's eyes started to glow red.

"Oooh boy..." Zach said as beams of red energy shot out from Supes' eyes and blasted Nam and Faora back.

A squad of American soldiers began firing at Faora, the bullets bounced off her harmlessly. She grabbed two and threw them into a building and another three were crushed under a van by Nam.

Lisbeth concentrated and a large train engine was formed out of her ring, which she promptly slammed down on top of Nam repeatedly. "Wow! This is badass!" She swiped the construct into Nam's side, sending him flying into Faora where Leafa kicked them both into the air.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:33 am 

Quintus leaped after them and pulled out a Hand and a half sword almost as tall as him and held it by the blade. "Here comes the Pitch that wins it for Chicago!" He shouted as he knocked the two to Kirito who quickly finished them off.

"Whew! That was a fun tutorial encounter. Now we gotta see where the action takes place now.

"Right!" Quintus stated as he checked his objectives, "It says we have to stop Zod's plan to convert earth to Krypton. Let's go!"

"Yeah! Let's kick Zod's butt!" Lisbeth shouted as the group began to fly off.

"This could get ugly..." is all Yui had to say.

-----

The group cheered at the Phantom Zone and their objectives directed them to General Zod, defeated as Superman approached him. He was looking down holding dust.

"Look at this. We could have built a new Krypton in this squalor, but you chose the humans over us." Zod Looked up "You should know...that I LIVE for my people...they are the sole reason for my existence. And every action I take, no matter how cruel...or coldhearted....is out of love for them." "And NOW THANKS TO YOU! I HAVE NO PEOPLE!!" Zod screamed as he stood up. "I'm going to make the people of this world suffer, Kal. These inferior humans you've adopted! I'll make you watch as I kill them one by one!"

"Wow, Zod probably didn't like us foiling his plans." Leafa said as she scratched her head.

"No kidding." Asuna said.

"Alright everyone! Gather around we gotta help Superman! Now we should all do this as a team so-" Kirito said, attempting to get everyone in on strategizing, but Quintus had other plans.

"Feel the Wrath of a Hero!!!!" He shouted as he charged but was swatted by Zod as he flew through several ruined buildings. Superman tightened his fists as Zod glared at him.

"I was BRED to be a warrior, Kal! I trained my whole life for combat! Where did YOu train? ON A FARM!?" He shouted.

Kirito sweat dropped at the scene.

"Wow, what a noob." Klein commented.

"Yeah... so we don't do what Quintus did and use all our abilities to help Superman beat him!" Kirito shouted. "Ready?"

"Ready!" The group shouted together as the went as one to aid Superman.

And what a battle it was, they used all their abilities to help Superman push the General and beat him to submission in a train station.

But Zod wasn't done yet as he used his Laser vision to try and attack a family. Superman put the General in a headlock, begging him to stop.

The General only yelled out a stubborn "No! I will never stop!" This forced Superman to snap Zod's neck, killing him instantly and saving the family. But at what cost?

He fell to his knees and lamented. Kirito, almost looking slightly horrified at what just happened, stopped and thought about it, recalling how he felt in his Adventure in GGO, when he too, took a life.

He went over and patted his shoulder. "Well... um, I'm not the best at comforting but, If he continued, he'd have probably killed more and more people.... but it's still never easy. The guilt of taking a life never washes away.." Kirito trailed off as he recalled them.

"But hey, it's not like Zod was the only Kryptonian, right? There's a lot of us here, mostly in hiding." He said. "We just... took care of a bad apple." Kirito then backed off a bit, as Superman stood up and gave Kirito an understanding smile.

"Thanks for your help." He said. "Maybe with little more practice, we all will become something great, just like my father wanted us to be."

"Well, it was nothing sir." Lisbeth said.

"Well, I'd say a job well done eh?" Quintus asked. "Who's up for a celebration?" Nearly the whole group raised their hands.

Quest: A Bridge between Worlds: Complete!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:14 pm 

A few days later, the group had grinded enough to make themselves quite formidable in the game. They had done plenty of quests and met many villains and heroes both NPC and player. A quest popped up on their HUDs entitled: 'Suicide Squad'

"Sounds ominous..." Lisbeth commented.

"Wonder how they'll incorporate players in this...?" Zach muttered aloud as Asuna turned to him and asked: "You know what this is gonna be about, right?"

"Yep! Task Force X, commonly referred to as the Suicide Squad. Basically a woman named Amanda Waller has a bunch of prisoners from Belle Reve penitentiary kidnapped and has tiny explosives implanted in their bodies. They send 'em on a secret off the books mission that is basically suicide in exchange for, if they survive of course, time off their sentence or rewards of some sort. If they disobey an order or try to escape...the bombs are detonated and the explosives blow their head off."

The group stood there in stunned silence with their mouths open in shock. "You weren't kiddin...that's pretty dark." Klein commented.

"It's usually depicted as a lot less dark than the actual premise." Zach shrugged.

Yui piped up, "He's right. My data suggests this will NOT be very dark or dreary despite what it's about."

When they accepted they were treated to a cutscene:

A black woman in a business suit and a no nonsense attitude was shown: Amanda Waller. "I want to build a task force of the most dangerous people in the world. The worst of the worst...they can have an opportunity to do some good. They die in the process no big loss, they fail we throw 'em under the bus."

"So it's a win-win?" A government official who was meeting with her asked. They proceeded to be shown quick rundowns of each to-be member of Task Force X.

"Floyd Lawton aka Deadshot. The man has never missed a shot in his life, they say he CAN'T miss." They saw Deadshot on a rooftop talking into a cellphone with his 'client'.

"Hey my account's lookin mighty empty right now. Your boy down there is about to start singing like a canary and you'll have the Feds all over your ass." Deadshot said.

"You take him out now or else--" The man on the other end said.

"Okay then, double the price for being a prick." Deadshot said as the man on the other end swore at him and proceeded to transfer double the already steep price.

Deadshot smirked underneath his helmet and took aim with his wrist gun and shot at an object on the street. Amazingly, the bullet ricocheted off it and into the back of the squealer's head.

Next up was Harley Quinn aka Harleen Quinzel. She was shown as the Joker's psychatrist in Arkham Asylum who he manipulated into falling in love with him so he could be free and use her.

He was shown at Ace Chemicals where he threw her into the vat of acid that had turned him into the Joker in the first place. She emerged with the chalk white skin and blue and red hair..and they laughed together insanely.

Killer Croc, a man with a skin disease which formed scales on his body. He was treated so cruelly and driven into the sewers where he found a taste for human flesh by feeding on plumbers and sewage workers.

Captain Boomerang. A bank robber who used trick boomerangs and was taken down and thrown in jail by the Flash.

Slipknot, a man who used ropes and grappling hooks.

Finally the most powerful metahuman known since Superman: June Moone aka Enchantress. An archaeologist who wandered into the wrong cave and freed the spirit of an immortal witch and became possessed by her.

"How the heck can you control that one?" The government agent asked.

"Simple. I have the Witch's living heart in this case. All I have to do is poke at it with a sharp object, and she knows that I can destroy it at any time....and kill her for good. So she'll play along."

"Who's gonna keep them in line?" Another government man asked.
"Colonel Rick Flagg, a man who lost his entire squad in Afghanistan. He'll jump at the chance to lead even a group like this to redeem his honor and status...and he'll have no problems with using the bombs if necessary. He's fallen into depression and drink....but we get him back on his feet and he'll be ready and willing. And even if he's not...there's one thing that's keeping him under my thumb: He's in love with June. The woman who switches between the Witch and the mild mannered archaeologist girl."

They were shown a Spanish man covered in tattoos who possessed fire abilities: "El Diablo, he can create fire out of thin air..he was born with this power. It seems to be controlled by his emotions, he suffered a tragedy and turned himself into Belle Reve."

The group was suddenly dressed in Belle Reve's security uniforms and found themselves next to a guard who was handing Floyd some sort of unrecognizable cornbread that looked moldy. "What the hell is this?" Floyd peered through the slot in the door at the guard.

"THAT....is your lunch."

"You're kidding...." Floyd answered.

"Nope...it's got all your nutritional ingredients like mold....toenails...." The guard said without breaking eye contact with Floyd.

Lawton went silent before giving them a death glare, the guard in particular: "I swear to almighty god....I'm gonna get outta here one day....and I'm gonna rain down on you..like the mother****ing holy ghost."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:36 am 

"You know, talking about Suicide Squad made me realize how wacky and creative comic books are at killing people." Quintus stated as the cutscene played out.

"Wow, they're quite.. charming." Leafa said.

"Sinon would get along well with Deadshot I imagine." Kirito said as Asuna nodded in agreement as they finally looked at their uniforms. "Where's my outfit?!" Asuna shouted.

"My green outfit!"

"My arm!" Quintus shouted to make everyone look at him. "Just kidding." He said holding his left arm bare of the robotic gauntlet.

The group noticed the disturbance as Quintus nodded to the group as he motioned for Zach and himself to try and talk to Deadshot.

"Oi! Mind your manners here Lawton!" Quintus shouted. "We have rules here," he turned to the others and gave a wink to signal if he was doing okay. Klein rolled his eyes.

"I coulda done that better." He muttered as Lisbeth slapped the back of his head.

Moments afterwards guards ambushed Deadshot and restrained him. Then a nurse came and injected something into his neck, probably the explosive. "Hey, hey! What was that...lady! What was that?" The nurse ignored Deadshot's request as he was rolled off with Kirito and co. following. He turns to Kirito and Klein and says sarcastically: "Oh...she's deaf huh? She's one of them deaf hoes."

"Why you!!!" Kirito says angrily as Klein grabs him to prevent him from attacking the restrained man. "Lemme go!"

"Ignore him Kirito the convict's not worth pummeling! Does he kiss his daughter or mother with that mouth?" Klein asked as Quintus lets out a hissing sound like he shouldn't have mentioned something.

"What?" Klein asked.

"You're on my list now." Deadshot said simply.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:20 am 

"What list?!" Klein demanded as Zach laughed in the background. "He's a hitman, figure it out!"

"You let me outta these restraints, kiddo and we'll see how well ya do!" Deadshot challenged Kirito. "You'll end up with a hollowpoint in your ass cheek!"

"I'll have dodged the bullet and you will probably do one of the death row guys a favor!" Kirito challenged, moreso trying to irk Deadshot than anything. Floyd scoffed, "Trust me kid...if I was aimin' at you you'd end up dead."

"Hey! Move it! This ain't a dick measuring contest!"

"Hey! The convict Started it Flagg!" Kirito stated angrily, as Quintus sighed.

"Please forgive his anger, he's usually not this angry." Asuna said apologetically.

"Uhhh did I say something wrong to him Mr. Flagg Sir?" Klein asks nervously.

"Yare Yare Daze..." Quintus mumbled.
"Ya brought up his daughter, numbnuts." Flagg said

"Oh.....I am so sorry," Klein said, now with fear and nervousness at thinking how Kirito would react if someone insulted Yui.

As they went outside they saw Harley yelling from her restrained position in a chair: "WeeeeeeeeeEeeE! Push me faster!"

Soon they were all unrestrained and standing in the prison yard which was filled with military personnel including Flagg's men.

A large body bag was hauled to the ground out of a truck....and whatever was inside was struggling and kicking. "Well lookie here. Twelve pounds of **** in a ten pound sack!" Rick said as the bag was unzipped and a raggedy looking man, Digger Harkness aka Cap. Boomerang immediately leaped out and started punching people.

"What the heck's going on!? I was playing Mahjong wit' me mum and I blacked out-" Digger protested as he was pinned to a wall.

"Oh drop the act! You were robbing a diamond exchange when you were caught!" Rick scoffed.

"Who...me!? I was not!" Digger said feigning innocence.

Kirito and the others took their positions at Flagg's side as Rick spoke: "Here's the deal! You're going somewhere very bad to do something that'll get you killed. The injections you got were a nanite explosive that's as powerful as a grenade. You disobey me or these guys? You die. You try to escape? You die. You otherwise annoy or vex us? You die."

"Can I get a cigarette or a joint before we go?" Digger asked.

"I'm known to be quite vexxing I'm just forewarning you!" Harley said with her hand raised. "Lady, shut up!" Flagg snapped.

"You gotta work on the pep talk skills. Cause if that was supposed to get us riled up and ready to go...you failed." Deadshot said to Flagg and the others.

"Can I at least do some blow?!" Digger said loudly.

Flagg and the others ignored him as the officially named Task Force X began to grab their gear. Digger grabbed his coat and all his boomerangs he stored in their holsters inside. Deadshot, Diablo, Zach and Klein stared at Harley as she donned her rather revealing outfit. She looked up as she caught them all staring at her, "What?"

"Alright! Everyone needs to-" Flagg began only to be interrupted by Digger's loud obnoxious cry of: "DRUGS!"

"You're not getting any drugs!" Zach snapped.

A short pause later..."BOOZE!"

"Uhhh Zach... how are we gonna put up with them? And why are we still in these outfits?" Lisbeth asked.

Instantly the group was returned their hero outfits. Harley scoffed, "Lame."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:55 am 

Lisbeth whispers to Asuna, "Says the girl with the strange fashion sense." Asuna rolled her eyes as she got her gear on.

"It's what Mistah J picked out for me!" Harley snapped.

Quntus was flexing his hand in the gauntlet and checked all the gadgetry on it. "Check, check check." He muttered as he looked to the others. "Okay! Let's go! Anyone missing captain?"

---

They soon boarded a helicopter and were about to fly to Midway City for the mission. A girl with black hair who spoke in Japanese to Flagg and was wielding a katana and wore a mask that had the color of the Japan flag on it stepped aboard.

"Huh, she apologized for being late." Kirito said to Zach and Quintus. The latter managed to relax a little.

"Finally. At least Zach won't try to use me for a translator." He said as he relaxed.

"Who is she anyway?" Leafa asked.

"This is Katana! She's my bodyguard! I'd advise not **** her off...her sword traps the souls of it's victims!" Flagg explained.

"So what happened at the city again?" Deadshot asked Flagg.

"Terrorist attack! Dirty bomb, crazies shooting AK's you know how it is." Flagg lied.

"Don't bullshit me...you're a bad liar." Deadshot replied from within his helmet.

"And you're a serial killer who takes credit cards!" Flagg snapped.

"I gotta make a living somehow! Don't pretend you're mr. crystal clear conscience! You know the dark places, don't pretend!" Deadshot said back.

"Guys come on, this ain't no time to argue." Kirito said, trying to mediate between the two men. The ride was silent until the next person to speak spoke.

"So uh..you got a boyfriend?" Digger asked Leafa. Leafa turned red and looked away.

"Hey! Keep your head on the job, otherwise that little brain of yours is gonna go bye bye." Quintus threatened.

"Oi f*** off, kid! Just trynna have a little fun! You're lucky I don't throw you outta here for your mouth!" Digger snarked back. He then turned to see Croc looking queasy, "Oi is he supposed to look green like that?" Croc proceeded to projectile vomit all over the inside of the helicopter.

"Gross Gross Gross!" Lisbeth shrieked as Leafa looked horrified.

"Well, that stopped any arguments for the rest of the trip." Klein said keeping a straight face, trying hard not to laugh. Deadshot had fallen asleep against Kirito's shoulder. He gently tried to push him upright only for him to land on Klein's.

"Hey! I ain't no pillow!" Klein shouted as the two argued. Finally when Deadshot landed on Kirito again he started to mutter in his sleep patting Kirito's hair. "I know you like it rough baby...."

Kirito screamed horrified as Asuna started to laugh. "Poor Kirito, I'd help but I'm not over there." She said.