All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:11 pm 

Location: I'm in the wind,trees, and rain. Everywhere, yet no where all at once.
Blog: View Blog (0)

After the commotion from the morning, the rest of the day went on with out a problem. The party stopped briefly during midday for a rest, and a meal. While the large group ate, Merlin sulked into his canteen. Vesper sighed, patting his head some. After the fiasco from earlier, Briarwood insisted that Merlin be his personal guard. It was really just an excuse for the man to boss him around

"I told you not to over do it with the spell, you know. It's not my fault you did, and the lord can't be that bad to wait on,"Merlin turned his sour face to her and huffed."He's horrible. He had me polishing his boots, Vesper...I'm not a bloody servant,"he growled.

Please excuse my slow replies. I currently work 6 or 7 days a week, and now with Hurricane Irma effecting my county I wont know when I might have access to power next. Hopefully things will get fixed soon. Thank you for understanding!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:34 pm 

The White Wolf Prevails

Brynn rolled her neck to both sides, trying to ease the slight soreness as they stopped midday for a break. It wasn't the long traveling or the fight from the morning that bothered her, it was the speed. She hated the leisurely pace the caravan took. The mundane and idle traveling kills her, the main reason why she rarely takes contracts that involve this type of work, it wasn't her style. However, she was contacted directly by Kerrek and the others to fill in for this contract so she was going to have to shut up and do her job.

Brynn took her meal a little distance away from the main group while remaining within calling distance, eating and enjoying the rest. On the other hand, Ragnar strayed towards the centre of the main group, chatting with a few of the other soldiers as he ate.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:52 pm 

Location: I'm in the wind,trees, and rain. Everywhere, yet no where all at once.

The slow pace continued, and the next few days passed in relative peace, with few problems inbetween. During the time, Vesper showed her tecniques to Brynn, helping her hone her skills. Merlin lended her books on base spell-work, and the origin of magic, and everything seemed pleasant. Mundane, but pleasant. Even Briarwood seemed to calm down the closer they got.

Three days passed, and now, being only a day or so from the city, the group was happy to almost be done with the job. Vesper yawned as the camp settled down for the night. "I'm glad we're almost done. This trip took something out of me."

Please excuse my slow replies. I currently work 6 or 7 days a week, and now with Hurricane Irma effecting my county I wont know when I might have access to power next. Hopefully things will get fixed soon. Thank you for understanding!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:12 pm 

The White Wolf Prevails

Over the last few days, Brynn gradually began to trust and respect the small group that was entrusted with guarding Briarwood. She didn't open up completely but it was merely a start. Brynn was grateful for the lessons on defensive swordplay given by Vesper, she was slowly honing her blocking and dodging skills. Despite the pleasant atmospheric vibes of the company, Brynn was still warily about Briarwood, often times she would watch the noble go about his business as she stood at the far side of the camp, a few steps away from Merlin's wards. She would, also, offer to take multiple shifts for the night watch, she was too restless to sleep anyways.

Following the routine she made the last couple of days, she went over to a small break in the trees within the camp boundaries and began practicing various of defensive stances and attack movements, occasionally striking her blade into a nearby tree that didn't have any runes carved into the bark, marking it as one of the mage's wards.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:23 pm 

As the girl worked, said mage watched her, leaning against a tree a ways away from her." You've gotten better,"he said pushing off the tree"Thanks for not bashing my wards to hell, by the way,"he walked over to her, eyes turning towards the camp. In the last few days the rest of the group, while still weary of Briarwood, were starting to get comfortable. Merlin was not. He noticed the closer they got, the more magic buzzed in the air, and with Briarwood becoming more at ease, it set Merlin on edge. "I came to ask if you got anything on Lord Snobby? I mean, you take extra shifts and all. Maybe you figured something out,"it was obvious the mage was worried. And he only grew more so the closer they got to the city.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:34 pm 

The White Wolf Prevails

Brynn nodded a greeting once she finally noticed the mage watching her. She stopped practicing for the night, sheathing her blade into the leather scabbard. She stood there for a couple of brief moments, her hands behind her hand as she caught her breath while listening to Merlin speak, following his gaze towards the camp.

"Not much." The rogue answered. "He's more at ease and eager to enter the city as soon as possible but that's it." She sighed in defeat. "That's the only emotion he is allowing other's to see. Normally, I can see beyond that but trying to read him is like reading a book filled with blank pages." She elaborated, shaking her head. She knows the mage and the rest of their little group was greatly concerned about Lord Briarwood and she couldn't blame them, she is uneasy as well. "One thing is for certain, there's something amiss with whatever is in the package. You can feel it too, can't you?"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:47 pm 

"I can. It's certainly an enchanted item, but what that enchantment is,I couldn't say,"He sighed and ran his hands down his face. He was exhausted himself. The lord still hadn't forgive the spell he had cast and was running the mage ragged as punishment still. He hated the man with a passion."I could attempt another spell, something to read his mind, but he's draining my energy. I think he's doing it on purpose so I don't bespell him again, I cant even ward the camp properly," It was true. Merlin had been carving less and less of the runes into the trees with each day, which was dangerous in it's own right.

"Which means, he's either trying to punish me still, or hes intentionally messing with the camps defenses."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:57 pm 

The White Wolf Prevails

"I wouldn't think it would be punishment. He seems like the type of person to drain you physically, not enough where it's draining your magika.." Her eyebrows furrowed together in consternation. She hated the fact that she cannot wrap logic around Briarwood, it's beginning to annoy her to the point of death.

"He might trying to lower the camp's defenses... but why?" She asked, lightly biting her lower lip as she tried to figure his plan out. "He is very eager to reach Vadosa, just like everyone else but why would he endanger us getting there? What would he gain?" She paused, running her hand through the unbraided hair. "And if he is lowering the camp's defenses, he might have hired the sellswords but why bothering to hire us if you are going to pay someone else to steal it? It makes no sense."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:05 pm 

Merlin's eyes widened as a thought hit him"Unless he wants to appear innocent. Like a victim,"he frowned and pulled out his dagger, eyes glowing as he worked on more wards. He wasn't going to let that bastard pull off what ever he was planning. He made a total of three more before a wave of dizziness hit him. "That's as much as I can do, but it's more then it was. Hopefully that'll keep out who ever else he wants to send our way."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:12 pm 

The White Wolf Prevails

Brynn nodded in agreement as she made a mental map of the camp. "Where at any weak spots in the barriers?" She asked Merlin. "Either Ragnar or I can patrol around any far spread wards on top of the regular shift." She was too stubborn and prideful to allow Lord Briarwood with ruin their contract, especially when she was given a higher task and her authority was beginning questioned by people like Varn. She was not about to allow Briarwood or Varn to best her and make a fool out of her, she still has the blood of the House of Wolves, after all, she wasn't going to let mere sheep win.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:20 pm 

"I'll show you where they are,just...give me a second,"Merlin took a moment to pull himself together, and mustering up his strength. When he got to his feet, he wobbled a bit, caught himself, and led her around. Most of the weak points were in heavy traffic areas, and places the guards would be at most likely through the night. As the two walked about camp, Vesper noted the Lord watching them with keen eyes. She leaned over and tapped Ragnar on the shoulder.

"Do you see how he's watching them,"she asked, nodding at the man a few feet away. "Little odd,isn't it?"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:29 pm 

The White Wolf Prevails

Brynn followed silently behind Merlin, eyeing the different runes and occasionally, the camp. Fortunately for her, the runes and the camp was fairly protected so she would only have to do the shifts she's been doing for the last few nights. She has an uneasy feeling she is going to need all her strength coming up in the next few days.

Ragnar was snapped to attention when the elf tapped his shoulder. He glanced over at her for a moment, puzzled, before redirecting her focus to the noble. "Yeah, that is rather bizarre.." He agreed. "It looks like he's been there for a bit so he might be also watching the guards.." He added in a hushed tone.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:59 pm 

Vesper frowned, and watched Brynn and Merlin walk along. What was the point of watching the rotation? She wondered if he was just making sure the camp was well guarded or not."Do you think he's just worried?Why would he be so focused on the guard,"She asked him, eyes not leaving their two friends. Merlin was moving about a bit frantically, which worried her slightly. If the mage was worried about something, then something was wrong. "Maybe we should talk to Finny,"she suggested.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:07 pm 

The White Wolf Prevails

"He could just be impatient, wanting to quickly get to the city but I don't know..." Ragnar mumbled as he eyed the noble warily. "It is possible that he could be trying to calculate the time in-between the guard shifts, seeing how long a certain area is left unprotected and without a patrolling guard." He remarked. As of now, Ragnar viewed Briarwood as an enemy, no longer a noble or contractor.

"You should go talk to Finny, I'll watch out for Briarwood. I don't think Merlin, Brynn, and the guards are aware of their watcher."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:23 pm 

Vesper didn't have to be told twice. Within seconds she was up and off, looking for Finny. She found him at the edge of camp, staring off into the woods. She walked over, placing a hand on his arm careful not to spook him. He turned his attention to her, waiting for her to speak.

"Finny, I need to talk to you, I think...I think Briarwoods planning something. He's watching the patrols,"she said giving him a concerned look. Finny nodded, and let out a sigh."I don't trust him, either Vesper. Don't worry about him watching. He wont find an opening. I increased the guard for tonight, and tomorrow we're riding until we reach the city," Finny reached around to dig through his pack,"But as a just encase, hide this in your pack,he knows I have it on my person, so if something were to happen, it wont be found on me,"he handed her the package, and watched her hide it among her things. " Satisfied, he turned back to look out into the woods."Tell the others to be ready, though. I don't want anyone getting hurt if we can help it." Vesper nodded, and headed back towards camp.

She noticed Brynn and Merlin were no longer rushing about when she entered the camp again. They were done with the walk around then. Vesper walked over to them, motioning as she did for Ragnar to join them. A frown painted its self on her face at how pale Merlin looked, and she went into mother hen mode, placing her hand on his forehead. He doesn't feel warm. The mage brushed her hand away, "I'm fine, just tired. I may have over done it with the wards,"he said, trying to give her a small smile. It didn't help much.

"Ok, if you're sure...I talked to Finny, and he doesn't trust Briarwood, either. He's upped the guard for tonight, and says that we wont be stopping tomorrow. We're riding straight through to Vadosa,"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:40 pm 

The White Wolf Prevails

Ragnar watched the two, Merlin and Brynn, as they made their way around the perimeter of the camp. He jogged down to catch with the group once Vesper signaled for him to join, his steel armour emitting sounds of the metal striking against one another as he jogged. He slowed his pace as he neared the group, standing next to Brynn as Vesper spoke to the small group.

A ghostly smile formed on Brynn's face, she didn't have to conceal her relief knowing everyone else is glad for tonight being the last night before they can finally end the contract and leave Briarwood to whatever he was planning. "Good... Dark moons take him.." She mumbled, using the phrase of her homeland.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:03 pm 

Vesper nodded, agreeing with the sentiment. She was eager to get rid of the noble now. Hopefully once they get to the city they can wipe their hands of this and go home. "Oh! I forgot, Finny asked me to hold onto the package,"she said, looking about to watch for wondering ears."Merlin,if you could,without pulling it out of my pack get a read on it?" The mage frowned, and shook his head."Not right now. I mean it when I say i'm tapped. But, come to my tent in the morning before we leave. I'll try it than, ok?" Vesper nodded, making a note of it.
"If something is amiss do we have a plane?"he asked looking at the group.

"Of course. If it's evil, we get rid of it, and that noble,"Vesper said, eyes burning with a fire. Merlin nodded, happy to see her so determined."Good.I don't want to be in that mans company any longer then I have too,"Merlin said, trying to surpress his yawn. He waved his hand at Ragnar, to get him to look at him." Do me a favor, yeah? Help me up. My legs feel like jelly,"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:18 pm 

The White Wolf Prevails

Brynn listened to the two converse for a bit, occasionally surveying around, making sure no one was paying any heed to the group of four. She folded her arms across her chest.Ragnar glanced over at the mage, emitting a sigh, slouching his shoulders a bit in mock annoyance. "Then get a cane, old man." He huffed jokingly as he walked over to the mage.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:15 pm 

Merlin snorted as he was pulled to his feet"You should respect your elders, you know,"he said in mock anger. He patted Ragnar on the air, and yawned"Thank you. I'm going to head to bed. Good night,"He waved at them as he stumbled off to his tent. "Who has first watch with me?"Vesper asked, looking at the two.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:40 pm 

The White Wolf Prevails

Ragnar smiled, joking around with the mage lightheartedly. Once Merlin departed, the two turned towards the half-elf before Ragnar pointed to Brynn. "She does, I have the third shift with Kuvar. I should go get some sleep. It's going to be a long night.." He replied, sighing. "Watch your backs, will ya?" He asked before walking off.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next