All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:14 am 

Location: I'm in the wind,trees, and rain. Everywhere, yet no where all at once.
Blog: View Blog (0)

Vesper nodded "I say we should still question them, though. I'd like to get a feel for them, now that Kerrek has shown his true colours. Not to mention we will be leaving in the morning." she said, standing up and dusting herself off. " We don't want to give them anymore time to compose themselves if they are a threat."

"Good idea. If need be, I'm sure a well place spell could get the truth out of them."Merlin said, collecting his things. "I'm not looking forward to a conversation with them, none the less. I'm hoping we can catch the Lady alone. She's more amiable, at the vary least. More willing to converse with us common folk, don't you think,"he said patting his satchel as he stood. Vesper nodded. "That she is. With out Tobias around, she's even given the odd smile now and again. First time I saw it I thought her face would crack." The two laughed at that, and turned to Brynn. "Coming?"

Please excuse my slow replies. I currently work 6 or 7 days a week, and now with Hurricane Irma effecting my county I wont know when I might have access to power next. Hopefully things will get fixed soon. Thank you for understanding!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:30 am 

The White Wolf Prevails

"Sounds like a plan then, lets just hope the gods decide to give us a break.." When they stood up, she gathered the few things she had out and stood as well. "Yeah, just lead the way." She replied, gesturing for them to take the lead, knowing they would be the ones to point out the two nobles, not her. Brynn lingered back slightly, using the time to slip her two daggers in between the leather strap of her belt, out of sight but also easily accessible. She picked her pace up slightly before slowing down once she caught up with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:58 am 

Location: I'm in the wind,trees, and rain. Everywhere, yet no where all at once.

The two asked around, finding very quickly that most of the Owl's company hadn't bothered to worry about the two nobles. Only when they had stopped the same Elf girl who had spoken up during the meeting did they get a solid answer. Vesper grabbed onto the girls arm lightly as she passed by with a crate of broken weapons for Faraks and Ragnar to fix. "Oh! Vesper, dear did you need something?"

"Ara, the Cromwells, do you happen to know where they are? They weren't at the meeting and, um, Finny wanted to make sure they knew of the plan too." Vesper didn't think the girl was a danger, but best to be safe, rather than sorry. Ara gave a small frown and adjusted the crate in her arms, before pointing towards a tent a few feet away. "They should be in there. I warn you though, after all that's happened, Tobias has been in a right sour mood. More than usual. Can't say I really blame him, but just a heads up." Vesper let her go with a quick thanks and the three made there way to the tent, which as they got closer seemed to be the healers station.

"That's odd....do you think they're hurt?"Vesper asked watching as a few healers checked supplies, and busied themselves with odd tasks.

"Might be. I doubt the dragon would care much if she killed her own men if she could resurrect them again. Lets just go. Hopefully they can still talk, yeah?" He didn't wait for them to acknowledge that, pushing past the tents opening and inside.

Sure enough, they spotted their targets not to far in. Tobias, a dark skinned man, with hair as black as a ravens wing, sat by the bedside of what one could only assume was his twin sister, though her once beautiful face was now half wrapped in thick bandages along with most of the rest of her body. He didn't seem to notice them when they walked up, but when Vesper went to speak he cut her off.

"I do not have the will to listen to the lot of you, nor do I care to keep company with you. Leave." he said, not looking up at them as he spoke.

Please excuse my slow replies. I currently work 6 or 7 days a week, and now with Hurricane Irma effecting my county I wont know when I might have access to power next. Hopefully things will get fixed soon. Thank you for understanding!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:47 pm 

The White Wolf Prevails

"Great.." She whispered under her breath with a hint of sarcasm as they approached the healers' station. "If she is not worried about her allies, she got to have high numbers then." She commented in agreement with Merlin before she followed the two inside the tent. She paused after setting a foot inside, her hazel eyes surveyed the crowded scene. She wordlessly followed them to where the Cromwells were, she knew it would be best for Merlin and Vesper to do the talking. They knew the nobles better and would be able to converse with them easier. Her focus; however, remained on Fiona, a wave of remorse glistened in her eyes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:01 am 

Vesper frowned, but didn't back down. She took a breath. "Tobias, I'm sorry Fiona is hurt, but we have to talk with you. We just want-" She jumped back when Tobias stood, turning to look at her. His eyes were red, and puffy. It was obvious he was torn up about his sister. "You want to know if we had anything to do with it. Do you think the others haven't already thought that? Of course, we must be! Kerrek kept us close, so that must mean we're guilty, is that it?!" Vesper stared, wide eyed and stammering, backing up into Brynn as the man towered over her. "We didn't even want this job! My sister was to take over the family business. She should have been working towards that, but no. Father wanted us here. Wanted us....Now my sister....Fiona is...." He was panting, eyes wide and full of grief, absolutely besides himself.

Merlin piped up when it became obvious Vesper was at a loss. "Of course you're both prime suspects. Can you really blame everyone. You and Fiona pushed everyone away, treated us lot like dirt. And on top of that you were Kerreks noble pets. What would you think if it were you eh?" Tobias looked at him, having seemed to calm down at that. His golden eyes trailed along the mage's face, and he seemed to be thinking before he spoke. "....We are...not better than you. We don't trust easy. Pushing everyone away is the surest way to assure we stay safe." He sighed, and gave a dry chuckle. "Fiona knew that was not ideal but.... " He trailed off, and a moment went by before he gestured for them to sit.

"We did not know of the beast, to answer your no doubt obvious question. Like I said we did not seek these jobs out. Our father came to us one day, said we were to offer our assistance to the Owl, and not to ask questions. I understood why he'd make me. I'm the problem child you see. Like to go out and disgrace my family name, or so my father thought. Didn't approve of my lifestyle. But I never understood why he made Fiona join." He looked towards her sleeping form as he spoke. "She was the perfect daughter. Everything I failed to be, but none the less she took the duty with pride, but she had as of late been growing....weary? I suppose. Kerrek was in correspondence with our father. He'd send Fiona back and forth with letters, and packages. She had eventually got curious and snooped. Said she found some thing, and that she was going to look into it. A week before we got the job from that faulty lord, my sister had been digging through the Owl's records. She said she found a large sum of the companies money was just gone. No trace of it. She didn't share everything with me, but she did say that the job, and the lord rubbed her the wrong way." He shrugged " I don't know what she knew. She didn't get a chance to explain before it all fell apart."

Vesper frowned "Your father? Was he involved, do you think?"

"Honestly? He'd a cold bastard, and it doesn't surprise me he might have something to do with this. I'd say probably." He said making a face like he had a bad taste in his mouth. Vesper huffed"Then he needs to be questioned!" That made Tobias laugh a bitter laugh "If you can find him, be my guest. Do me a favor though when you do. Bring him to me so I can ask if my sisters life was so easy for him to throw away."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:14 am 

The White Wolf Prevails

Brynn snapped back into focus as Tobias stood up, narrowing her eyes at him. She understood that the noble was devastated because of his injured sister but his threatening posture still annoyed her and gave her a brief reminder of the ordeal with Varn. As Vesper began to back up, Brynn wordlessly placed her hand on the elf's arm, preventing her from bumping into her. Brynn moved over and took a step forward, glaring at the noble as she now stood in front of Vesper. "We get it, you are p!ssed off and you are grieving. You've just been through hell. We all have. Don't take it out on her." Brynn stared at Tobias for a moment longer, her gaze softening. "Don't take it out on us, we are just trying to figure things out just the same as you." She added in a lowered voice.

Brynn emitted a soft sigh of relief as he calmed down. She watched his motions as he and Merlin conversed. Due to her own reserved nature, she was able to empathize with him, she felt bad for him, thinking of what hell any of the other members of the Owl probably put him through. She fell mute through the conversation, listening closely to the others as her mind wandered. She was struggling to collect her own thoughts, all of this situation confused her, clouded her mind. She waited until the conversation had concluded before she spoke again, lifting her eyes from the ground to Tobias. "If you continue to help us, it will be the first question asked, I can promise you that."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:34 am 

Tobias looked her over, and though he did not say anything, a softness could be seen in his eyes. He gave her a nod, and looked back to his sister. Vesper reached over and took his hand, pulling his attention back. "Thank you for helping us, Tobias.... I'm sorry for how some of the others acted towards you and Fiona, but I promise we will bring your father to answer for his crimes. Along with that dragon." Her smile was soft, and warm, and it made Tobias flush with regret. "...Thank you, my Lady...Both of you... I will do all I can to help, and hopefully Fiona will wake, to tell us what she may know."

Merlin stood, and pulled out a small scroll from his pouch, holding it out to Tobias. The man looked at it, then to Merlin curiously. "It's a sending scroll. If you are unaware, we are leaving in the morning. Me, Vesper, and two others. If she should wake, and give you the information while we are away, you can write on this scroll, and it will teleport to me.... As for your sister I am...sorry she got hurt. If you'd like I could try my hand at healing her wounds, but they might be too bad for me to mend." Tobias took the scroll, looking it over before sighing and waving his hand. "No, the medics here are of able stock, and you need to save your magic, I'm sure. I will let you know the moment she wakes of what she has to offer." Satisfied, Merlin nodded, and turned to leave the twins be. Vesper hurried after, the atmosphere a bit to uncomfortable for her liking.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:52 am 

The White Wolf Prevails

She mirrored a small nod, waiting for them to finish so she could make her respectful exit. She greatly disliked seeing the horror that the dragon has brought forth. She followed the two out of the healers' station, pausing at the exit briefly. Brynn was relieved that despite their lead being wrong, their lead has gained them a new ally as well as information. But at what cost? She thought, taking one last glance at Fiona. "Gods.." She breathed immediately stepping foot outside the tent. She exhaled slowly, shaking her head. She rubbed her face with her hand once and then glanced between the two. "This is all for tonight, right? Covered everything?" She asked.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:16 pm 

Vesper frowned, studying her face silently, before nodding. "Yes, we don't have much else to do, save for sleep... Are you alright? That was a bit unlike you in there, is everything okay?" She asked. Vesper had been a bit shocked when Brynn had spoken up, helping to calm Tobias down. It was a pleasant, but the way Brynn had looked at Fiona was worrisome. " You, don't have to talk about it if you don't want to, but I hope you wont keep how you feel bottled up inside forever. It's not good for you," She smiled at the other woman, and looked as if she was about to reach out to grab at Brynns hand, but stopped, having thought it over.

"You two go to bed, I'll be going through these books a bit more. I'll talk with Finny and Ragnar about what we found, and in the morning we'll meet back at the smithies tent."Merlin said, interrupting what ever atmosphere was swirling about the two women, and drawing their attention to him. He was currently digging out a few glass bottles filled with different coloured liquids, and some rune carved stones, earning a curious look from Vesper. She hadn't ever seen Merlin use such things, and those runes weren't any she knew, and looked to be quit old. Still, she let it pass, trusting that Merlin knew what he was doing. "What's all that for?"

"A scrying ritual." He said simply before waving them off "Go to bed. I'll see you two in the morning!" He gave them a smile, and turned, leaving them in front of the medicine tent, vanishing into the sea of cloth tents, and people.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:17 am 

The White Wolf Prevails

Brynn nodded for a response to the half-elf's series of questions as she stood up straight from her subtly slouched posture. "Yes, yes, yes. I'm fine." She insisted, flashing a warm smile as reassurance though it faded back to her normal serious state as Merlin voice brought her back. "Alright.." She watched the mage handle the potions and runes with a faint curiosity. She didn't know about magical items but it did intrigued the northerner. She nodded, saying a simple, see you tomorrow, before Merlin departed.

Once he left, she turned her attention back to Vesper, rubbing the back of her head slightly, debating either or not she should say anything in regards to the elf's prior concerns. "I'm fine, Vesper. Really, I am." She said in a low voice, briefly looking into the elf's eyes. "I know that would have been considered unlike me but I don't know. I don't like those types of environments, the wounded and such and it made me misjudge the situation and angered me." She confided, crossing her arms on her chest. "Then afterwards when he mentioned his father and family honour, I just honestly felt bad for him, I know what that's like."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:26 am 

Vesper perked up at her words, and smiled softly at her, nodding in understanding. "I understand. I feel the same way... Fiona and Tobias were distant, and he could be a little rude, but I don't think anyone deserves to be used the way their father used them. It angered me, too. Parents are suppose to love and protect their children," she sighed and shook her head, changing the subject. "Today has been a very long day. Lets take Merlin's advice, yeah? We can set up a spot to sleep, and maybe we'll be able to get some rest. I saw a place that was a little further from the camp that would be perfect." She smiled at Brynn motioning towards the edge of the campsite.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:40 am 

The White Wolf Prevails

She gave a small smile as she listened to Vesper, relieved that it was not only her that was angered by it. "That it has.." Brynn muttered when she said that it has been a long day. "Some sleep would be absolutely wonderful." A small smile remained on her face, looking rather relaxed with her arms dropped to her sides lazily. She nodded to Vesper, gesturing for her to lead the way.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:55 am 

As the girls settled down, and made a place to sleep, Merlin found his way back to the smithies tent, looking for Ragnar and Finny. He poked his head in, and squinted at the heat in the air. Farkas and Ragnar had made a good headway in repairs, he noted glancing at the rack full of now replaced and repaired steel. He never much cared for the art of wielding a sword. Why would he when he could summon power right at his fingertips. He learned to use daggers out of need, not from a place of want, but still, he appreciated the artistry that went into crafting a blade. He certainly couldn't deny the mastery Farkas had, but he did wonder which ones Ragnar repaired. "How is it that only a few hours went by, yet this rack is almost full?"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:31 am 

The White Wolf Prevails

By the time, the mage returned to the tent, Ragnar had switched into a sleeveless under tunic and was covered in sweat from the ruthless heat emitted from the coals. He was sitting down, polishing and making the last repairs on a simple one handed sword. The sword was going to be the last one for the night, he decided, considering he could now barely stay awake. He was beyond exhausted. The unexpected voice instantly alerted the brute as he looked up at Merlin. "Simple, you give two black smithing lovers a mountain of metal to work, no disruptions, and a couple of other people to get supplies. What do you expect?" He answered with a laugh. "But no, in reality, it seems quicker because we are just repairing weapons instead of making some from scratch and it's nothing fancy." He held up the sword in his hand, it has a basic design in the guard and blade with a simple leather wrapped handle.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:45 am 

Merlin snorted, and ran his hand along the fuller of the blade, careful of the sharp edges, and along down to the grip. He picked it up and examined the weapon."You say that, but this sword looks immaculate. You would never know it was damaged. Did you do this one?" He looked to Ragnar, and he did seem actually impressed, which was a feat. The mage wasn't known for genuine compliments, preferring snark, and sarcasm. "If so, you must be quit skilled, but I didn't come to talk of swords."He placed the blade back in the rack, and leaned against a nearby table. "We found some interesting things. Thought you'd like to hear it." He pulled the book from his bag, and opened to the marked page. "We also got a lead on who might have been helping Kerrek. Which do you want to hear first?"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:57 am 

The White Wolf Prevails

Ragnar couldn't help the prideful grin that grew across his lips thanks for Merlin's compliment on his craftsmanship. He knew the rarity of getting a compliment from him. "Thank you, that it one of mine that I've worked on. I've been helping Farkas out in the smithy for as long as I've been at the Owl that's only reason the swords are at their finest." He placed the sword and the polish down in his lap as the subject changed to the matter at hand. "Let's here about the interesting bit first." He answered, looking at the book. He didn't want to worry about Kerrek first thing, he was still enraged by the Orc's betrayal.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:24 am 

Merlin nodded, and placed the book down on the table, and slid it towards the larger man. As he did he explained what the text said, pointing at a few places in the passage. When he was done, he looked up at Ragnar expectantly. "We are pretty sure this is the same dragon. Vesper wants to speak with her church about it before we head out tomorrow. Hopefully we'll learn a bit more about it." He sighed, and closed the book, shoving it in his bag as he leaned back against the table. "Ready for the bad news?"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:46 am 

The White Wolf Prevails

He glanced down the text during his explanation and once he was finished, the brute took a few moments to process the new information. "That's the same dragon from Vadosa?" He exhaled deeply, leaning forward to rest his forearms on his knees. "You got to be kidding me.. we don't stand much of a chance against a normal dragon. But a basically dragon goddess and an army that almost defeated the Gods?" He looked up at Merlin. "How do we compete with that?" He closed his eyes, giving himself a moment to collect himself before he leaned back with his arms crossed on his chest.

"I'm sure I'll get a kick out of this.." He muttered under his breath. "What did you all find out about that two faced bastard?"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:27 pm 

Merlin looked over Ragnar's face, and sighed, giving him a light pat on the arm." We went and had a chat with the Cromwell twins. Me and Vesper figured that since Kerrek kept them close they'd be his allies. Turns out we were half right. The twins were placed in the service of Kerrek by their father. He was using them to pass letters back and forth. Fiona started to get suspicious of it, and apparently uncovered something big, but we don't know what, seein' as she's missing half her face, and knocked out." He huffed, and leaned his head against his hand, "But if we find him, we get answers. As for your question, the gods may have some answers for us, thought, to be honest I loath the idea. Me and Gods don't mix well." He looked up at ragnar and smiled," What's that face for? Don't tell me the great and mighty Ragnar is scared." He teased, hoping it would lighten the brutes spirits.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:41 pm 

The White Wolf Prevails

He nodded as he listened tentatively. Like most other people at the Owl, he didn't care all too much with the Cromwell twins but hearing what happened to Fiona caused him to frown slightly. He felt bad, no one deserves the pain that the dragon brought. What happened to Fiona only served as a bitter reminder of what happened with Rikke. The dragon did this, we didn't, He reminded himself with a shake of his head. "If there's the slightest chance it will help our odds, I'll do it," Ragnar stated the obvious, the brute was one of the religious types, not devout like others but he had faith in the Gods. He smiled at the mage's attempts to bring up his spirits. "Anyone in their right minds would be scared but I like that, the great and mighty Ragnar," He laughed. "You should keep calling me that, has a nice ring to it." He added jokingly.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next