All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:42 pm 

Location: I'm in the wind,trees, and rain. Everywhere, yet no where all at once.
Blog: View Blog (0)

Merlin scoffed at his laugh."Watch it, I can always turn you into a bug."he called after him. Vesper chuckled, and patted his back. "It's ok. Lets go wake up Finny."Merlin huffed and followed her. The two shook the man awake, jumping back when he leaped up sword at the ready. It took a second of confused scrambling for him to calm down and realize where he was. Letting out a breath, he sheathed his blade and ran a hand down his face.

"Sorry...Just a little on edge,"he said. The two or so hours of sleep he got didn't seem to help calm his nerves. Vesper patted his arm, and led him over to the fire pit, and poured him some water.

"You need to drink, and get something to eat. I'll go get him some food,"Vesper said, standing up right and walking off to pull out some jerky. Merlin watched her go, before taking a seat besides the man."We have a plan we'd like to discuss with you and Brynn, but it can wait till you both are fully awake, and fed."

Please excuse my slow replies. I currently work 6 or 7 days a week, and now with Hurricane Irma effecting my county I wont know when I might have access to power next. Hopefully things will get fixed soon. Thank you for understanding!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:02 pm 

The White Wolf Prevails

Ragnar threw his hand up as he walked off, waving Merlin's threat away dismissively. He sighed as he approached the tree he had seen Brynn in last night. Fortunately for him, she was still there.

"Hey!" He called out to her from the base of the tree. "Get you ass down from there. We have stuff to discuss before moving out." To Ragnar's surprise, Brynn actually obeyed, climbing down to a lower branch before leaping down the rest of the way. He could tell she didn't sleep during the night; however, he turned a blind eye to it, silently handing her some food from his pack before they headed back to the camp where the rest of them were waiting for them.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:09 pm 

Location: I'm in the wind,trees, and rain. Everywhere, yet no where all at once.

They waited till the two of them were alert, and more energetic. Vesper went first. Standing up in front of them, she took a deep breath."We decided we want to try and kill it. Merlin posed a good point, that we either lay down and wait to die, or we put up a fight and maybe have a chance at beating it." Merlin cut in next, standing besides her.

"And before you say anything, we already know we could die. But we'd rather go down swinging." Finny looked the two over. A second passed before he stood. The mournful air that had been around him seemed to vanish, replaced with a burning determination."If you're going to fight you'll need all the help you can get. And I guess that means I'll have to tag along. Knowing Merlin's temper your all likely to need someone who can defuse any situations his mouth gets you in." At that the mage glared at him. Vesper smiled brightly, taking Finny's hands. "Really?" he nodded.

"Besides,I have to have a chance to pay that oversized lizard back."

Please excuse my slow replies. I currently work 6 or 7 days a week, and now with Hurricane Irma effecting my county I wont know when I might have access to power next. Hopefully things will get fixed soon. Thank you for understanding!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:06 pm 

The White Wolf Prevails

Brynn sat down quietly, listening as the two gave their arguments. Her eyebrows furrowed together as she mutely chewed on a piece of jerky, trying to mentally calculate how and the survivability of this group taking on the dragon. She was still trying to decide once the group was silenced, waiting for her response to see if she was in or not.

"As long as I get revenge, I'm in. That bastard took Varn before I could get back at him."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:11 pm 

"I approve of that reasoning,"Merlin said, nodding at her. Vesper shook her head, sighing. Whatever her motivations, at least Brynn was on board. "So it's settled then? We'll make our way home, see what the damage is, and then plan an attack,"Vesper asked. Merlin shook his head, sitting back down."It's not going to be that easy. I have to do research on this thing, find out if it has a name in history. It was sealed away in a broach, and was able to keep me from seeing into it. I want to know why. And why it was that temple they needed to go to. This isn't going to be a quick adventure." he waved his hand dismissively. "I just hope my home is still there, otherwise we'll need to find the answers else where,"he said sighing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:17 pm 

The White Wolf Prevails

Brynn mirrored Merlin, giving him a small nod before she straightened her posture, crossing her arms over her chest. She tried to listen attentively to the group but her focus was disrupted by the noble. "And the key to figuring out the dragon is figuring out Briarwood." She added, shaking her head slightly.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:58 pm 

"I'm sure I can find some leads,"Merlin said turning to her"I hope Kerrek is still alive. Maybe he'll know something."he looked towards the sky, watching the clouds move lazily across the sky. It was weird how calm it looked out here. If it wasn't for the memory of the dragon ripping through a mountain, he'd believe every thing was fine. Letting out a sigh he turned to digging through his pouch for his spell book.

"We're close to Cairah, right?"he looked to Vesper who nodded."If the dragon is there, we may need some protection. I can try to cast a ward on the lot of us. Make us unseen." Vesper frowned"I thought Dragons could see through illusions,or that's what the books say."

"It would if I were casting an illusion. I'm not. I'm casting protection against being seen. I have to cast it on something though. Like a necklace, or armor. Something you're holding." Vesper nodded along, and thought for a second."Something on our person huh? Will this last forever?"

"No,the spell will fade after a day or so. This is just to get inside the city."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:30 pm 

The White Wolf Prevails

"Good." Ragnar crossed his arms with a huff, pausing for a moment to think. "Once we get to the city, should we split up? Like half go search for clues on Briarwood while the over half searches for able-bodied men?" He asked as he glanced around. It was obvious that his main priority once they reached Cairah was to search for Farkas.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:01 pm 

"I don't think we should. We don't know the situation in the city. We should stay together,"Finny said, his hands on his hips. Merlin blre out a puff of air, and looked to the group. In front of him, his spell book laid open on the ground, encircled by small vials of unknown liquids, and bundles of herbs. He flicked a page back before speaking.

"We should be fine. Two groups. One can come with me, and help me gather the things I need, and the other can head over to the base. Find anyone, and we can bring them out of the city." The half elf held out his palm."Now one of you hand me something to start working on warding." Finny signed, but dropped it when he noticed the the mage giving him a look that meant the conversation was over.

Vesper smiled, amused at the two, and pulled off a necklace, placing it in the mages hand with some hesitation.It was a golden holy symbol baring the mark of Ixaris the elvish goddess of love and family. Merlin took in and held in gently, the symbol giving off its own low divine magical hum that pressed against the arcane magic in him. Good, it'll strengthen the ward he thought as he started to cast the spell,closing his eyes to focus. As the spell was cast, the gold charm gave off a low glow, before it faded as the spell came to completion. Merlin handed it back, and lifted his waiting hand once more. Finny slapped a sheathed dagger into his palm, and the process was repeated again. Once done with the blade he looked to the other two. "Well?"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:18 pm 

The White Wolf Prevails

Ragnar glanced at Brynn, motioning for her to go first. Brynn grabbed the wolf pelt from her pack. Fortunately for her, the time the pelt spent in her pack caused the scent to return to its normal earthy scent. She held onto the pelt for a moment before handing it over to the Mage. The pelt was the only real personal possession she had, she would do anything to get the pelt back if something were to happen to it. Once the mage was finished applying the wards on the pelt, she attached it onto her right shoulder plate.

Lastly, it was Ragnar's turn. He reached upward to the handle of his weapon, drawing out Isenfier, his broadsword forged in the style of the warriors from his homeland. "Careful, it's heavy." He teased the mage with a dim-witted smirk as he handed Merlin the blade.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:40 pm 

"Don't worry, I know my way around a sword,"he snorted to himself, but took the blade carefully and went to work. Once it was all done, he held it back out for him to take and went to packing his things. "Now shall we clean up, and head out. We're only about, what four or five hours from the city now, right?"he turned to look towards finny, who nodded confirmation.

"Lets get going as fast as we can. I want to reach Cairah before noon." With that, he turned towards the horse to start loading saddle bags. Vesper and Merlin followed suite, both giving the animals affectionate pats on the rump before mounting them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:50 pm 

The White Wolf Prevails

"Then colour me surprised." He joked as he took the blade from the mage, effortlessly slipping the blade back into its scabbard that rested on the brute's back. He rolled his shoulders back lazily. "Let's go. I hate to keep the rest of our company waiting." He commented as he headed towards his mount. Unlike Brynn, who is stroking her mare's snout before mounting, Ragnar didn't care for horses and the feeling was mutual. He wasn't as graceful on horse top as he would be normally.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:26 pm 

"You really should give him a pat or two,"Vesper said trotting her mare along side him. "They are much more amiable if you give them a little love, and respect,"she joked, chuckling to herself. She reached out and ran her hand along his mounts head, cooing a bit. She gave him a smile when the horse whinnied, before going on ahead. The group took off along the beaten, and familiar path. They knew the way well, and as the got closer to the city their dread grew. They all came to a stop right outside the city, and stared. Smoke bellowed out of ruined towers. Stone walls were destroyed. Whole portions of the once beautiful city were now in shambles. Fires still burned, but there was silence. Not a scream, or a cry could be heard, and maybe it was the distance, but the group had their doubts. Finny frowned, and dismounted his steed, tying it off a ways away. They couldn't bring them into that.

"Who's going with me, and whose going with Merlin,"he asked. Vesper hopped down, leading her mare to stand by Finny's and turned to him."I'll go with Merlin." Finny nodded to her. Merlin patted his mares hind quarters and turned to them.

"I'll get as much as I can, provided my home is still standing. Remember, the spell will last, but don't draw attention to yourselves. If the dragon is in the city still, it might not be able to see you, but hearing you is just as deadly."He cast a look towards the burning city. " Any survivors we see, where should I send them,"he asked. Finny thought it over, before coming to the conclusion that out in the forest was safest.

"Send them into the wood. Just a mile out or so. It's safer in the trees, and provides some cover. Tell them to wait for us to get to them. If we don't come with in a day they're to leave."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:35 pm 

The White Wolf Prevails

Ragnar's aquamarine eyes were trained on the city that was now in ruins like Vadosa. The city and The Seeking Owl had became the brute's home over all the long years he had spent with the company. Fury and regret rose in Ragnar as he watched the flames reach out for the sky. He quickly dismounted and hastily tied his reins to a nearby tree, Brynn following Ragnar's motions.

"We'll head with Finny, he'll need help with survivors." Brynn spoke for her and Ragnar, noticing his reaction to everything. Brynn had no emotion ties to the city or the company outside the small group collected in front of her, she would be the best to keep him stable and in check knowing she wouldn't have to worry about her emotions getting the best of her.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:23 pm 

The two nodded, and took off, slinking along at a reasonable pace. They were going to have to be careful as the walked the streets. Vesper kept close to the mage, keeping an eye out for any survivors along the way. All she saw was ruin, and death. Tears stung at her eyes, but she forced them away. It took the two a good half hour to find the section of the city Merlin lived in. The Dusk Valley was a part of the city where most common magic folk lived. Those who were not from money, but not peasantry lived there, and took pride in the fact that the buildings of that part of Cairah were gorgeous hues of blues, and purples and oranges. Witch lights would float above the streets, glowing like stars, giving the Valley it's name. The Athenaeum of magical history stood in the very middle, and welcomed all into its halls for study. It had been a beautiful part of the city.

Now, however, the great historical tower was crumbled, and buildings were either in complete destitution, or damaged from falling debris. The once floating witch lights were gone, and bodies were thrown about in the street. Merlin grit his teeth as he made a sharp turn down a street, and stopped. By the gods, it was a miracle his home was still standing, even with the roof caved in, and the windows shattered. He glanced around, and rushed ahead, Vesper following after. Inside, the damage was more extensive. The hole in the roof was caused by a piece of the building next door having fallen into it. Glass, wood, and stone littered the floor. Some of his things were destroyed from the impact, but his room, and books were still intact.

"Vesper, see if you can get to backroom. I have spell components in there, along with some potions. Get them. I'll find the books." Vesper nodded, and went off to do as she was told, leaving the mage to dig through his books.

Across the city, the others were met with much the same. Buildings destroyed, and bodies laying about. He growled to himself, as he looked around. "I haven't seen a single survivor. Must mean the city was hit a while ago. They probably fled by now,"he said, leading them through an alleyway. "If so, they might have gone underground. There are siege tunnels that run all the way out of the city."he asked, stopping when they came to what was left of the Seeking Owl's base. Finny cursed under his breath and looked at the two. "Looks like we're heading underground. Lets go get our half elves, and find that entrance to those tunnels."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:39 am 

The White Wolf Prevails

Ragnar followed behind Brynn and Finny, his broadsword drawn, resting the blade lazily on his shoulder plate. "Damn.." He muttered under his breath as he surveyed around. Occasionally, he would stop and try to identify a body that laid limp beside the path the group was taking. "So, underground is our best bet, eh? Do you really think they would go underground after watching buildings crumple?" He asked with concern, glancing between the two.

Brynn shrugged her shoulders. "It could depend on where they watched the dragon disappear to." Brynn reasoned. "They might be forced underground if the dragon headed towards the forest." She elaborated as she walked behind Finny, in between him and Ragnar.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:59 pm 

"The tunnels were built to withstand almost anything. Hopefully that includes a dragon,"Finny said, leading the two ahead. The walk took some time, but they managed to get to the valley just as the two were walking towards the exit. Finny waved them over, catching their attention. When they approached, he pulled them into an alley.

"I'm guessing the base is not there,"Merlin asked, moving the bundle of books in his arms to keep them from slipping. Finny nodded. "It was hit. But the people might have used the tunnels. We thought we'd check there before we decided to leave." Merlin nodded along.

"There are a few entrances. We have one here, in the valley. There's one in the business district, lower town, plaza, and of course the rich and pompous areas,"he said, listing off the locations in his brain as well. "But since we're here, lets see if that tunnel close by isn't caved in." He turned on his heel and walked ahead, reading off store names, or looking at the few standing landmarks. He came to a stop out side a crumbled building that use to house various magical objects, and motioned with his chin down an alleyway. "Should be a grate down that way."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:49 pm 

The White Wolf Prevails

Ragnar nodded as he surveyed the village, Brynn following right behind the group. Despite not knowing the area well, she looked around studiously, taking notice of small details such as the names of shops. She remained mute with an awkward tension, this didn't feel right to her since she was so emotionally detached to the area.

Ragnar paused in front of the building with the magickal objects as it now rests in ruins. He ran his hand through his sandy hair with a sigh as he glanced over at the alleyway once Finny pointed it out. He sheathed his blade, peering into the alley before approaching.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:35 pm 

Down the alleyway, under some stone from the nearby crumpled building was an iron grate. The bars were thick, and, peering down seemed to show the pathway down clear of any rubble. Finny moved about, grabbing the latch, and pulled up. The metal shirked loudly, making the group wince. Lucky for them the city seemed deserted.

"Come on, quickly." Finny gestured, moving them along down the ladder. Merlin groaned, staring between the way down and the pile of books. Sniffing, he walked over, and unceremoniously dropped the pile into the hole. They heard a light thud seconds later."Well...at least it's not a long way down,"he said climbing down after the tomes. The rest followed after, and Finny tried, and failed, to close the grate quietly.

Inside the path curved down and off to the right, paved with solid blocks of stone. The torches on the wall were out, but not untouched. Merlin looked one over, pulling it out to study it. "Looks like it's been lit recently. Someone's down here." He handed it over to Finny, and flicked his wrist, igniting it.

"Good, even if it's not everyone, it means some survived. Lets go. The tunnels lead into a bunker about a mile and a half in,"Finny said, leading them down the path. At a brisk pace they reached a large cavern, a few men posted on the outskirts. As they got close, two of the men shouted at them to stop, weapons drawn and at the ready. "Who are you lot," the taller of the two men, a heavily armored human, asked. Finny placed his hand up,keeping it away from the sword at his side."We're couriers from The Seeking Owl. We came back from a delivery, hoping to find some survivors,"he said, eyes locked on the man. The two exchanged a look, before relaxing their weapons.

"Alright. We'll lead you in. You can talk to the grand cleric, Iliran. She's been the one to keep things going around here,"the man said, leading them in. Inside were handfuls of people scattered about the rather large chamber, huddled together in front of tents and fires. The people looked at them as they passed, expressions stormy. Vesper frowned as she watched their faces. Merlin bumped against her lightly, giving her a comforting smile. It helped a little.

In the center of the makeshift campsite, a group of people were clustered together, looking over maps, and list. Each person seemed to be busy with one thing or another to help keep the people alive. The guard that had let them in had them wait while he went off into a nearby tent, returning a few minutes later with a tall Elven woman following him. She looked the group over, her green eyes baring into each of them as she came to a stop several feet away. "I am Grand Cleric Dasyra Iliran. Morris here tells me you are just returning to the city. This must all seem a shock to you,"she said, motioning them to follow.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:17 pm 

The White Wolf Prevails

"I never even knew there were tunnels underneath the city.." Ragnar murmured under his breath, taking the rear of the group, brushing his fingers against the cool stone while they made their way down the tunnel. The evidence of the torch, knowing at least some people survived, helped reignite some of the brute's spirit as he held on tightly to faith, hoping his circle of close friends were safe. His head snapped up upon hearing the men's shouting once they reached the open cavern. He reached up to grip the handle of his blade, eyeing the two men warily; however, he immediately released his grip, slowly lowering his hand to his side once he recognized one of the men. Ragnar occasionally shared a drink or two with the armoured male at the local tavern. From the back of the group, he nodded in the direction of the male.

Brynn slowed her pace, falling back to walk beside Ragnar. She kicked the side of his leg, her foot striking against the steel plate, creating a faint echo in the cavern. Brynn kicked him to avert the brute's focus from the people surrounding the campsite, she could tell his motives, silently watching as his cobalt eyes scanned the masses searchingly. "Later." Brynn told him flatly once he glanced over at her puzzled.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next