All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:59 pm 

Location: I'm in the wind,trees, and rain. Everywhere, yet no where all at once.
Blog: View Blog (0)

The caravan stopped at the gates to Vadosa, Finny dismounting his horse to speak with the guards. The dwarven men took a look at his documents, ones stating their business, and granting them entry. With a grunt, the two pounded on the gate, and called up to someone above."Package comin' through!"the call was heard, and a large shrill sound of metal tumblers and gears scrapping against each other rang out. Finny waited as the large iron gate lifted, opening the path down into the mountain. When he was ready, he motioned the group to dismount. The horses were to stay here while they did their job. They tied them up close by, and moved ahead down into the path.

This is the part Vesper hated. Being underground was not pleasant, and although the walls of the tunnel were brightly light,she didn't fancy having a whole mountain over her head. The tunnel carried on for sixty feet more before they came to the second set of gates. The red head watched as Finny repeated the process of passing the documents around, before this gate as well opened for them into the actual city. Vadosa was a beautiful city. Buildings and halls carved out of different colored stones, all a deep earthy red, or green. Some were dark purple, or yellow,creating a surprisingly beautiful cascade of colors the further one went down. The torch lights were slowly replaced by bioluminescent stones as they traveled deeper in. Vesper reached out to take someones hand, not looking to see who it was as the light faded more and more. She really didn't like being under a bloody mountain.

Please excuse my slow replies. I currently work 6 or 7 days a week, and now with Hurricane Irma effecting my county I wont know when I might have access to power next. Hopefully things will get fixed soon. Thank you for understanding!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:08 pm 

The White Wolf Prevails

As they passed through the crowd, Brynn gestured to Ragnar to stick towards the end of the caravan. He nodded and obeyed, slowing his pace to allow others to pass him. Brynn; however, pulled her brown hood up onto her head as she waved in between people, pushing forward to be close to the Lord Briarwood, not allowing him to leave her sight. She has never had this much anxiety during the entire trip, she was uneasy and knew something bad was going to inevitably happen.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:35 pm 

Location: I'm in the wind,trees, and rain. Everywhere, yet no where all at once.

The group came to stop at a large temple in the middle of the city. It's white stone exterior an out of place oddity with in the colorful surroundings. Lord Briarwood stepped forward, motioning for them to follow inside."Vesper,"Finny said brushing by her."The package."he held out his hand, and she pulled it from her pouch. He took it, giving her a nod, as he went forward. The party followed up the stairs, and into the temple hall. Glancing around Vesper noted the patterns on the wall. "Merlin,do you know what this place is?"she looked to the man, who seemed distracted and uneasy. At he question, he pulled himself out of his head and met her gaze.

"It's a temple to the god Bromire. The Dwarven god of the forge and keeper of the stone,"he said, looking over the runes in the walls. why bring a broach here? Ahead,Briarwood was leading them into the main chambers, and as soon as they crossed the threshold Merlin's whole body seized, the magic in the air twisting at his insides. A panic bubbled in his chest, and looking around it didn't seem as if anyone else could feel it. Reaching out he grabbed Vespers hand and yanked her back out the door.

"Merlin?What's wrong?"she tugged back, not understanding.

"You don't feel that?"Vesper shook her head, confused. Merlin frowned and yanked her arm again"Vesper trust me, we need to get out of here," ahead a few of the party stopped, watching. A snort could be heard as Varn motioned towards the two. "Looks like the little dirty blooded mage is getting antsy,"he snickered. A sharp hit to his temple shut him up as Finny walked over, handing the package to a small gnomish girl. "Shut it, keep going, I'll handle this.... Brynn, Ragnar, I need you."he walked over to the two half elves and grabbed Merlin by the wrist, pulling him outside. Vesper followed, concern on her face.

Please excuse my slow replies. I currently work 6 or 7 days a week, and now with Hurricane Irma effecting my county I wont know when I might have access to power next. Hopefully things will get fixed soon. Thank you for understanding!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:19 pm 

The White Wolf Prevails

Brynn's hazel eyes scanned the walls as they walked, taking in the small details of the patterns engraved on the walls. She paused for a moment after entering the main chamber of the temple, there was a particular tension in the air that she couldn't truly understand. She glanced around before her eyes finally fell on Merlin, watching him with puzzlement. Varn's voice snapped the northerner from a trance-like state of mental absence, causing her anger to swell. She was about to snap at Varn but bit her tongue when Varn was finally silenced.

Brynn shook her head to forcefully clear her head when she was called. She took one last glance back at Briarwood before she turned and allowed Finny, Ragnar trailing right behind her.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:04 pm 

Outside the magic was dulled, but it did nothing to calm the mage down. He pulled at the hold on his wrist trying to explain in his haste that they needed to leave. Vesper could barely understand him. She looked to Finny, who tried to get a feel for the situation. With a shake of her head, he growled and slapped the mage hard across the face. "Calm down. Take a deep breath, and tell me what is wrong."Merlin took a few deep breaths, calming the pounding in his chest before he spoke. "Finny, you need to get everyone out of there,"he said looking directly into the mans eyes. "The temple is buzzing with old magic, and I think...I think it's evil,"Finny cursed and turned back toward the temple, racing up the steps, and only making it halfway there before a loud cacophonous sound broke out, drawing the attention of the citizens near by. The ground shook, stone cracking and shifting under foot. Finny fell back, the stairs crumbling under him, and throwing him off balance. He landed at Vespers feet, biting back the stinging pain from the fall.

Before them the temple shook, and screams filed out from with in. Vesper gasped, stumbling back as it split in two, strange green mist rolling out over the rubble, in the wake of people trying to scramble out from inside. Those that failed to do so were engulfed in the smoke, screaming in agony as what ever it was seemed to almost melt the flesh off their bones. A hand grabbed the two of them, pulling them away as the mist got closer, and Merlin through up a magical barrier. "What the hell is this,"Vesper asked, eyes glued to the still crumbling temple.

When the last of the stone fell, a silence filled the space, no one daring to move, still watching and waiting. A moment passed, and then a deep roar pierced the air, large black wings sprouting out of the debris, pulling with them the largest dragon anyone had ever seen. It craned its neck down towards the now screaming city, and reeled back letting out more of its corrosive smoke, satisfied as it destroyed buildings, homes, and families. It lashed out, crushing a few guards who rushed at it, before taking off, its massive size breaking through the mountain as if it were nothing leaving behind in its wake ruin and death.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:31 pm 

The White Wolf Prevails

Brynn stared blankly at the stone ruins of what had been the temple mere minutes ago. Pure horror and apprehension were painted on her face, the first time she allowed for her raw emotion to be physically expressed, the first time she has ever felt like prey. She drew her blade despite knowing it would do nothing against the ebony reptilian atrocity arose from the stones; however, it gave her an odd sense of comfort as she faced the bane of anything that stands in its wake.

Ragnar, on the other hand, watched the dragon, mute. His face harden with a mixture of fear and anger. His eyes frantically surveyed the chaos surrounding them. His voice boomed over the screams of Vadosa's citizens as he yelled at some of the guards, trying to get them to run to the gate as they attempted to rush towards the collapsed temple.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:45 pm 

Nothing could be done. The only thing that was keeping them safe was the magic barrier around them. Vesper shook, tears filling her eyes as she stared blankly ahead. When the beast had vanished completely they waited to see if anyone would appear from the ruined temple. Minutes passed, the sound of panic and fear around them. No one walked out of the ruins. The mist cleared, and the magic around them faded, and Finny took off towards the rubble. Someone had to be left. Vesper followed, her tears now pouring down her cheeks. Please... she prayed to whatever god was listening. Merlin turned his attention to the citizens, hoping he could help those who were injure. He didn't want to go near what remained of the temple.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:55 pm 

The White Wolf Prevails

Immediately after the dragon departed and the magic disappeared, Ragnar took off, sprinting towards the temple, allowing his anger to control his already impulsive body. He picked up any stone ruins he could, throwing them off to the side trying to clear a path. "Damn that bastard to the wraith of the gods!" Ragnar snarled as he continued to throw parts of the ruins, any stone that he could lift.

Brynn stood there in an eerie silence once the group had dispersed. Any sign of fear had vanished from her face, only inward emptiness remained before she walked off, searching through the masses, searching for anyone that had moved, anyone that showed any sign of having a chance at survival.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:07 pm 

The temple was a lost cause. No one was left, either having been melted completely of crushed under rocks. Finny cursed and stabbed his blade into a large boulder. A few feet away Vesper collapsed, body shaking with sobs. "W-what did we d-do,"she cried, holding herself tightly.

The people closes to the blast were already gone, bodies twisted from rocks impacting them, or melted from the smoke. Merlin went further, into the city, stopping when he found a few men and women working to get people out of a fallen building. He started there, using magic to lift stone, and toss it aside.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:15 pm 

The White Wolf Prevails

Ragnar growled in defeat before he jogged off in the direction of where Merlin left, figuring the mage might need some help and he wanted to get as far away from the temple as he could. Once he caught up with Merlin, he helped to move the stones from the fallen building, using his adrenaline and angry to focus himself on continuing working.

Brynn glanced over to Vesper and Finny blankly before she glanced in the direction of which they came, making sure an exit point was still accessible.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:28 pm 

Finny walked over, helping Vesper up, and away from the mess. She didn't fight him as he lead her away, shell shocked by everything. He just wanted to get everyone away from here as fast as he could, he just needed to find them first. It was easy, as the three hadn't moved that far, and it was easy to find the mage as he was the only one using magic in the middle of the ruined city. When Finny came upon them, Merlin was healing a small child while Ragnar helped pull debris off a pile, a few dwarves helping him.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:37 pm 

The White Wolf Prevails

Brynn followed behind Finny and Vesper mutely, glancing around and lightly biting her lower lip as she walked. Ragnar glared over his shoulder at the group as the approached before he turned back around, facing forward as he continued to remove the surrounding debris. "Is the exit blocked off?" He asked with a deep huff as he stopped, standing upright with his arms crossed.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:42 pm 

"I don't know,"Finny said, looking down. This was a nightmare. People were dead or dying in the street, and worst that thing was free, probably terrorizing the country side. "We need to go...Get home, make sure everyone there is alright, and inform the families of those we lost. We also need to warn people about that thing."A bitter anger burned in his chest. This was his fault.

"We did this...."Vesper sniffed, and bit her lip, trying to compose herself. It wasn't working.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:51 pm 

The White Wolf Prevails

Ragnar silently nodded in agreement, brushing the dust off of his arms and legs. He looked around at the ruined city on last time before casting a cold glare to the temple. "Then we ride..." He replied solemnly, turning back to the group.

Ragnar's posture softened a bit as he averted his gaze to Vesper. He walked up to her, placing his hand on her shoulder gently. "Briarwood did this, not us." He told her in an attempt to reassure her.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:09 pm 

Vesper turned her eyes to him, and scanned his face,before nodding and wiping her tears away. "Ok...You're..You're right,"she agreed and tried to give him a smile. She didn't really believe the blame didn't lay with them somewhere, but his words did help. Vesper pulled him int o a tight hug quickly, before lettigngo and turning on her heel. They needed to get out. Hopefully the tunnels were untouched.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:13 pm 

The White Wolf Prevails

He flashed a ghost smile, wrapping his arms around her briefly before parting. He looked over at the group, giving them a small nod, motioning for them to follow as he headed towards the southern gate where they entered from, praying to the gods that the dragon did not cave in the exit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:27 pm 

It was by a stroke of luck the exit was fine, save for a few stray rocks here and there. Finny let out a sigh of relief it entered view. The gate itself was open, the guards having abandoned it to help those in the city. He started up the path, the small group following. With the immediate danger gone, the adrenaline that had kept the lot moving was slowly going away. A wave of exhaustion hit them as they got to the second gate, this one closed and dented in. Finny cursed and looked around for the mechanism to open the door. Unfortunately their luck was out now, as the lever that controlled the gate was destroyed. "We'll need to force the door open,"he said pulling his sword out,and sticking it in between the floor and the iron where the door opened up."One of you help me,"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:38 pm 

The White Wolf Prevails

Ragnar took that as his cue as he walked over to where Finny had lodged his sword where the lever should be, waiting for Finny to get ready before he counted down from three and then pushing down on the sword in an attempt to pry open the gate. Brynn walked past the two, glancing out from in between the gate's bars, surveying the land outside.

"Seems clear out, I can see some of the horses, can't tell if it is all of them or not." She called out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:20 pm 

A loud groan emitted from the metal as it was forced up, inching slowly, coming to a stop 4 feet from the ground. Finny motioned for them to move underneath it while he held it up for them. One by one they slid out, Finny going last, letting it slam shut behind him. Now that they were outside they could see smoke raising up in the far distance. Vesper frowned, and pointed towards the plume of black. "Looks like it went that way,"she said, fear in her voice. It was headed towards Cairah.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:55 pm 

The White Wolf Prevails

Brynn was the second one out of the gate, Ragnar following behind her. Brynn instantly went to the horses, making sure there were enough mounts and none of them were injured. Ragnar stayed near the group, his hand linked together behind his head. He muttered curses on the world and the gods as his gaze followed Vesper's towards the remains of the dragon's destruction and ultimately, Cairah.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next