All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:53 am 

College is blah

Medals: 2
Completed RP (2)
Blog: View Blog (0)

In a small town where nothing happened, lived a girl and her father. The father was an inventor who loved to make new things as much as he could. He had a daughter names Alia. This girl was exceptionally bright, and loved to read and write. Though women in these times were thought as odd if they were intelligent, Alia didn't seem to care. For years she grew up with her father alone. Her mother had passed a few years after she was born due to an illness that couldn't be treated in time. Alia did however, get her looks from her mother. She was beautiful, one if the most beautiful women in the town. She stood at 5'3", had long black hair and beautiful greenish blue eyes.

Alia rode her horse down a wooded area to a large castle deep in the woods. Her father had gotten a request to invent something for the King and Queen. Of course, they gladly accepted. But since her father wasn't feeling that greatest, he sent Alia to negotiate with them. Upon arrival she noticed that the place was somewhat odd. She was instantly let into the castle and met with the King and Queen who sat on their thrones.

Alia gave a small bow before speaking.
"Good after noon your highness. I am Alia Abernathy, daughter of Maurice Abernathy. You requested my fathers service for an invention. I am here to negotiate and relay the message to my father." She gave a soft smile as she looked at them.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=48075
My Character's
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45307

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:54 pm 

The dreaded clopening shift.

Blog: View Blog (9)

The King raised an eyebrow as he gazed down at the young woman from his throne. Truth be told, he was not expecting to negotiate with a woman; he had been anticipating a clerk of some sort. Yet he was not too surprised either. Maurice Abernathy was a... strange man, to put things lightly. He had never met the man before, of course, but he had heard tales of how unconventional the man appeared to be. And there were numerous tales from those within his court who had met him. He was either a loon or an exceptionally brilliant man, depending on who was telling the tale. But at this point in time, exceptionally brilliant was what was needed.

A pregnant pause ensued, before the King finally gave a short nod of greeting. "Well met, Mistress Abernathy," he said finally, in formal tones. "We are pleased to welcome you into our midst. We understand that you have traveled a far distance from your home town, and we are under the assumption that you would prefer to rest and refresh yourself first, from your long journey. The negotiations may be conducted tomorrow morning, when all parties are at their most alert. A servant will show you to the rooms that have been prepared for you, and to inform you of dinner arrangements." He gave a nod, and a young woman with mousy brown hair tied back in a bun stepped forward. She curtsied, saying nothing, waiting at a respectable distance.

-

About three levels down, a young man with short dark brown hair scowled at a black vellum scroll laid out on top of his writing desk. An ink well sat close by, a pen laid in front of it. His tutor had just placed the scroll before him and told him in no uncertain terms to practice his calligraphy because his writing was like a chicken had dipped it's feet into a bottle of ink and ran across it aimlessly. Personally, he did not think his writing was that bad. He could at least understand what he was writing, was that not good enough? Plus, what did it matter, it was not like he was going to be using his writing to... do anything, really. It felt like a useless skill. Much like all the things he had been taught previously. And he could not help thinking that all the skills he had been taught were simply ways and means to keep him occupied.

Plus, writing was boring. And, he was a Prince. If he refused to do his exercises, his tutor could not say anything about it, could he? But what else was he to do? Pace about his rooms? As it was, his schedule was strictly regimented. Breakfast, then reading and lessons. Lunch, then writing exercises. Tea, then archery and sword-fighting practice. Dinner, then the boredom of waiting until it was time to bathe and sleep. Archery practice was the highlight of his day. Everything else could just.. well... do themselves.

Resolutely, he picked up the pen, dipped it into the ink-well, and began, not to write, but to doodle. Rude caricatures of his tutor, his sword-fighting instructor, his parents, some of the more noisy servants began to fill the scroll, along with some rather obscene drawings that were just better off not being described. A naughty smirk began to shape itself on his lips.

And thus, Prince Eric Sevier, the least of his family, the terror of tutors country-wide, continued about his daily activities in driving the people around him to insanity.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:21 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Alia smiled as the King spoke. The silence was killing her. She liked silence, but never in conversation. She could tell that the King was surprised that a woman had come in place of Maurice, but she dismissed that. When the King suggested stay the night, she couldn't agree more to it. She was exhausted, the travel through the woods tired her, especially after getting lost multiple times. She gave a soft bow to the King and Queen before standing and speaking.
"Thank you your Majesty. I shall see you in the morning." She smiled as she followed the maid lead her up a large amount of stairs and through a lot of hallways before she was finally taken to her room.

Alia sighed as she lay on the bed, she was tired from the journey. She also felt a bit adventurous. She never had been in a castle before, so she was extremely curious.

Alia opened her door and poked her head out, seeing that nobody was around, she shut her door and headed down the opposite hallway from where she came from. After a while of searching, she noticed a mostly broken stairwell. She raised an eyebrow and walked gingerly down them, she came to a long hallway with a lot of doors. This part wasn't like the rest of the castle, it was decrepit and rotting, clearly in bad shape. She started to get a bit scared, but when she heard a noise she turned around quickly, not seeing anything there.
"H... Hello?" She called out into the darkness. She soon came upon a room filled with chains made of silver, and in the middle of the room was a small table with a beautiful rose underneath a glass. She approached it and put her hand softly on the glass, looking at the rose as it seemed to glow.

My Character's

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:52 pm 

As was habit after two hours of archery practice, the Prince took a long, slow bath to rest and recover some of his energy from his previous exertions. He liked baths. Baths, especially when he was allowed to soak in soapy, scented water, seemed to calm his nerves, allowing him to relax and not feel so... bouncy and energetic. That constant feeling of being on an edge, the need to run around doing something physically exerting. Things would probably be quite different if it were not for his condition. The inner animal in him seemed to want to roam free, and the older he grew the more his instincts raged within him; hardly conducive conditions for a shut-in.

As was also habit, after his bath, he would dress in clean clothes and wander around the castle. While he was not allowed into the more open areas of the castle where his family conducted their business, the underground was his domain. His chambers were there, and as long as he did not show himself above, he was free to wander around anywhere. And wander he did. Past his chambers, which were pretty luxurious as far as he was concerned, the rest of the underground seemed to be sadly neglected. with dusty corridors, rotting doors, empty rooms collecting dust.

But at the very center of the underground chamber lay a starting spectacle. A room, with a single rose contained within a glass container. It seemed to float within the container, and it was a treasure, possibly the most beautiful thing the Prince had ever laid his eyes upon. He had stumbled upon it once, when he was ten and exploring, and his tutor had explained that it had been there since time immemorial, There was also a part of him that wondered if it was something to do with the curse that individuals in his family, himself included, had endured, which was what lead him to make repeated trips to the room, at least once a day, to gaze upon it.

He certainly was not expecting company. He was the only person who ever showed up that frequently in that room, so it was a surprise to him to find, as he thrust the rotting door open, a young woman standing directly in front of the rose glass, her back to him. She did not seem to be a servant; she was not dressed in the clothes that they usually wore. He had never seen her before; how had she found her way into his spot?

He stepped forward, more out of curiosity than anything else. And then he took another step forward. His tongue seemed to swell twice it's size the more he contemplated speaking to this unknown woman, and in the end the only thing he could muster was a clearing of his throat.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:18 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Alia was so enchanted by the rose that she hasn't heard the door open. She wanted to open the glass casing and hold the glowing flower, but she stopped herself from doing so. She just stared at it in awe.

Her stare was broken by someone clearing their throat. She jumped and turned around in surprise at the sound only to be faced with a man. A gorgeous man, perhaps the most beautiful she has seen. Between the rose and him, she didn't know which was more beautiful.
"I..." Alia could barely speak as she stared up at him.
"H... Hello. Do you live here?" She asked softly, straightening herself out. She wiped her hands on the apron of her dress and stood, looking at the man with interest.

My Character's

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:30 pm 

Eric just stared. The lady could speak. She was not just a silent apparition. And, she was the prettiest lady he had ever seen in his entire life. He did not have much to compare to, however, as all the ladies he had ever interacted with were the ladies who cleaned his chambers for him, who hardly dared to speak to him, much less look at him in the eye, who hurried away the moment they were done with their tasks. She was a hundred times prettier than them. And, even more amazing, this woman was actually willing to interact with him, which completely emptied his mind of coherent thoughts, and caused him a great deal of butterflies in the stomach.

But then again, perhaps she could be a ghost. Normal living women did not interact with him. Plus, she had suddenly appeared at the rose glass, which caused him to wonder if she had something to do with it. All those years he had spent visiting the rose glass, and this was the first time someone else had appeared. "Are... are you a ghost?" he finally asked, completely ignoring her question. To him, that was the most important thing he had to know. Because if she was... perhaps he could finally get a clue to the mystery of the rose glass, which perhaps had something to do with the curse plaguing him.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:23 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Alia and the man just stared at each other for the longest time. He didn't answer her question, so at first she thought that she was just seeing things.

And then he spoke to her. She blinked a few times at the question. She thought it was silly so she let out a soft smile and shook her head.
"N... No... I'm Alia. I was called here for a project the King and Queen requested." She spoke very studious as she tried to step back a bit. She forgot the table was behind her so she just put her hands on it.
"I.. I'm sorry if I'm intruding on your personal space. I can leave if you would like..." She said softly as she continued to look at him.

My Character's

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:47 pm 

"Oh..." Eric said just as softly, a touch of disappointment colouring his tone. In that case, he could only assume that she was just as mundane as he was, and just as ignorant of the rose glass as himself. For a moment, disappointment and despair flared. What he would not give for some clue as to how the curse came about, and how to break it! But just as quickly, it was followed by much curiosity. He was not one to dwell on despair, especially when there were new people to talk to!

He took a step forward, as Alia offered to leave. For a moment, he panicked. He did not want her to go. Not while she was a fresh new face, a link to the outside world. Something new, to shake up his dull, usual life of seclusion and lessons. "No, it's fine," he said quickly. "I would be glad if you stayed." An awkward silence ensued, as he racked his brains on what he could say to further the conversation. A sudden thought occurred to him. "You're not from the castle then," he said, sounding rather awed. "You're from outside."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:58 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Alia smiled as he spoke, confirming that she wasn't dreaming. The man that stood before her was absolutely beautiful. An absolute dream! She saw the brief moment of disappointment in his eyes. Tilting her head, she listened to him speak. He had thought she was a servant of some sort.

Alia giggled and shook her head.
"I'm from a town a few miles from here." She noticed the awe in his voice when he spoke. She was a bit curious as to why. Had he never been outside the castle walls before? No that would be almost impossible.

My Character's