All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:31 am 

College is blah

Medals: 2
Completed RP (2)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Ari rolled her eyes when Gerard paused before putting the ring on her finger. When he asked about the ring Jacob had given her she sighed a bit in irritation.
"It's nothing, Gerard." Her eyes flickered to Jacob who had entered the throne room and started to sweep. She took the ring off and put it on a different finger.
"It was just a sign of gratitude from Jacob." She took the engagement ring from Gerard and placed it on her own finger.

With that, she left the throne room and went to her fathers study. She didn't even bother knocking and walked in, closing the door behind her. She crossed her arms over her chest.
"Father, we need to talk!" She said as she walked to the desk.
"Why did you give Gerard permission to propose? You know I don't want to get married." She stated as she stared at him.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=48075
My Character's
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45307

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:39 am 

Gerard watched as Ari walked away, clearly upset at something. He sighed, and turned to Jacob. "Gratitude, eh?" he thought aloud as he walked out of the throne room to his post.
Jacob sighed with relief when Gerard left, and continued to sweep.

Arthur sighed, and set his quill down. "I gave him permission... because I had everyone's best interests in mind." He turned to Ari over his shoulder. "I gave him permission because I believe it would be best for you, and the kingdom. You're at the age where you should look to marry, and you're lucky to find a man like Gerard - you two have known each other for a long time, you get along quite well, and it wouldn't tarnish the family name. In fact, I think it'd improve it from what I've done..." He paused in thought and stared at the ground as he thought about what he had said.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:49 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Ari just stared at her father and shook her head, her arms still crossed.
"Father... I can't believe you're doing this. You said you never believed in arranged marriages! What happened to true love?!" She started to raise her voice. She couldn't understand what had changed. As a girl he had always told her to find love and cherish it. But she wasn't in love with Gerard. Nor did she ever think she would be.
"Father... I will marry him because you believe it will be good for the Kingdom. But I will never forgive you for it." She said before storming out of the room and slamming the door shut.

Ari ran down the hall and into her room, sniffing softly as she cried. She didn't want to have an arranged marriage. She wanted to find love for herself.
"Mom... Why can't you be alive?"

In the heavens, Raven heard her daughter and frowned.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:57 am 

Arthur opened his mouth to say something, but had the door slammed on him. He sighed and looked out the window, teary eyed. "I had true love for only a year... and then I lost you..." He began to cry. "I don't want to lose her the same way I lost you..."

Jacob heard Ari sniffling and storm off to her room. The door slammed, and his emotions was a cross between joy and sadness. He was happy she didn't want to marry Gerard, but he was also sad that she was upset. He finished sweeping the throne room, brewed some cranberry tea in the kitchen, then headed up and knocked on her door. "Ari?" he called. "It's Jacob. I saw you're upset, I have some cranberry tea... and a hug if you need one..."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:24 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Ari sniffled softly as she cried in her bed. She heard a knock on the door and heard Jacob's voice. She smiled and went to the door, opening it to see Jacob with a smile and a tray of tea. She wiped away her tears and opened the door more for him to come in.
"Thank you, Jacob. That's very sweet of you." She smiled softly and waited to put the tea down before accepting the hug. She hugged him for a moment and then broke it, sitting in her chair and pouring her tea with a soft sigh.

Raven's spirit had been in the room as she watched them fight. She couldn't do anything but watch. She watched as Ari slammed the door and sighed to herself. She put a ghostly hand on her husbands shoulder, making it cold where she touched.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:50 am 

Jacob was surprised - he didn't think the hug thing would work. He smiled, and softly hugged her back. He closed the door behind them, and turned to Ari. "So, why are you so upset, Ari?" he asked. He already knew the answer, but Ari didn't know that, so he asked.

Arthur jerked up as he felt his shoulder grow cold. He felt his shoulder, and knew who it was. He began to cry softly.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:10 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Ari signed as he asked why she was upset. She decided to tell the truth, she wouldn't gain anything by lying.
"My father is making me marry Gerard." She sipped her tea slowly and put it back down before continuing.
"He thinks it's best for the Kingdom. Though I understand that, he said when I was younger that I have a choice to choose who I love. Gerard is a great guy. But I don't love him like that." She sighed again and looked at him. She hoped he could help her with her situation, but she kind of doubted it.

Raven hugged her husband from behind, covering his back and waist in cold as she did so. She wished she could be with him. She has been trying to find a way to come back, but so far she hasn't found anything.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:35 pm 

Jacob nodded as Ari spoke. "I see." he said. "That is unfortunate. That's the way I was raised as well. I wish I could help or give you some advice." He thought for a moment. "Well, saying 'no' at the ceremony is an option, but I wouldn't reccomend that." he laughed.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door, and Gerard entered, carrying tea. His eyes narrowed when he saw Jacob had brought Ari tea already, again, and set his platter down. "Jacob, you're needed in the kitchen." he said.
Jacob's eyes widened. "Oh my goodness - it must be almost time for brunch!" He stood and turned to Ari. He gave a small bow. "My apologies, I must be off." He smiled. "I enjoy our talks, Ari." He waved softly as he left, gently closing the door behind him.
Gerard watched him as he walked out, his eyes still narrow. "I don't trust that new servant..." he said, arms crossed, not looking away from the door. "Something seems off about him..."

Arthur touched where his body was cold. His hands would have touched Raven's if she was physically there. "We'll find a way..." Arthur sobbed softly. "I know there's a way... there has to be a way..."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:49 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Ari smiled when Jacob suggested she say no at the ceremony. It was definitely something to think about. Public humiliation was always a good idea to her. She went to speak when there was a knock at the door and Gerard entered unannounced. When she saw him narrowing his eyes at Jacob she just rolled hers.
"Oh please Gerard..." She said as she stood and brought the other pot of tea to her table.
"He's a servant, nothing else. And please start waiting for me to open the door for you before you enter? It's not polite to walk in on a lady in her room." She scolded him as she sipped her tea.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:43 pm 

A few days passed, and Ari and Jacob had talked every day. They had become good friends in the few days they had known each other. Jacob brought her breakfast and tea, and he had many interesting stories to tell about life outside the kingdom, and he liked that Raven listened. But nothing could've prepared him for what was going to happen next.

Gerard knocked on Ari's room before entering without permission, as usual. Jacob and Ari were sitting together, talking. He smiled - just what he wanted. He walked up to Ari and handed her a clipboard. "Princess Ari - on this clipboard is a list of servants that your father personally hired last week, when Jacob arrived. As you can see, Jacob is not on the list. Jacob is a liar - he's not a servant at all." With that, he took Jacob by the arm and dragged him out of Ari's room.
"Wait! Ari, I can explain - oof!" Jacob shouted as Gerard punched him in the face to shut him up, in plain sight of the princess. He dragged him down the stairs and into the throne room, and threw him before Arthur. Gerard got down on one knee.
"Your highness, this man has pretended to be a servant in order to get close to your daughter." Gerard said. "He's most likely an assassin of some sort. Shall we banish him? Execute him?"
Arthur stroked his chin in thought as he pondered the two choices Gerard had presented him with.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:05 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Ari was sitting in her room, talking to Jacob as usual. She would talk to him all day if she could. She liked that someone actually listened to her in this castle. It was then a knock at the door came and Gerard entered, handing her a paper with the list of names on it, but no Jacob's. She looked at him, her eyebrows furrowed as he tried to speak but Gerard punched him. She gasped softly and watched as Jacob was dragged downstairs to the throne room. She got up from the table and ran, chasing after Gerard and Jacob. She had just gotten there when Gerard proposed execution or banishment. "No!" She yelled as she pushed Gerard away from Jacob, helping him up.
"Father you can't! He's my friend! He's the only man that has listened to me since he has arrived! He is kind and would never hurt me." Ari looked up at Jacob and smiled before turning to her father.
"Please father... Just let him go..." She said almost in tears. She didn't want to lose her friend.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:40 pm 

Arthur sighed, and turned to his daughter. "I'm sorry darling, but I can't let something like this go. But..." He turned back to Gerard. "Put him in the dungeon for now. I'll decide what to do with him later."

Gerard stood and nodded, and took Jacob away from Ari. Gerard slapped some silver handcuffs on him, and Jacob stifled a scream, and pleaded with his eyes at Ari as they walked away. The two of them walked down a long winding staircase into the dungeon, and Gerard tossed him in the farthest cell to the right. He locked the cell door and walked away, leaving the handcuffs on. Jacob tried to pull the bars apart with his brute wolf strength, but to no avail, as the bars were silver as well, leaving horizontal burns on his palms. He sighed, and sat down in the corner, hugging his knees, teary eyed, his mind racing with thoughts of different ways of execution.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:45 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Ari glared at her father and stormed out of the throne room. She ran to Gerard a d started to plead. When she realized that it wasn't working, she decided to do something better.
"Gerard... Please, as your fiancé, perhaps a kiss will make me feel better." No doubt he would agree, so when she kissed him, she took the dungeon keys from his belt loop and hid them behind her back.

When their interaction was done, Ari found a way to sneak into the dungeon. If she were to come across any guard, she would give them a look of anger.
"I wish to speak to the prisoner." They would believe her and her fantastic acting skills. She soon was in the dungeon.
"Jacob?" She called out to him, her voice echoing off the empty walls. She found him in the farthest cell and unlocked the door. She ran to him and unlocked the handcuffs and threw them against the wall.
"Your wrists are burnt...." She cooed softly as she spoke. She gave him a cloak and put up her own hood. "Come on. I know a way out..." She whispered to him, taking his hand in hers.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:17 pm 

Jacob smiled as he heard Ari's voice. She unlocked his cell and cuffs, and he rubbed his wrists gingerly. He cringed slightly when Ari took his hand, as they were burned. He followed Ari through a secret tunnel to outside the castle - when they got outside, Jacob turned to Ari and hugged her tightly. "I'm so sorry I lied to you, Ari... you're an amazing person, and I should've been honest up front." He looked her in the eyes. "I - " Suddenly, Jacob heard shouting guards, and he frowned. "I'll tell you another time. We'll meet each other again, and I'll make it up to you - I promise." He quickly kissed her forehead, threw up his hood, and took off towards the forest, running faster than any human Ari had seen before.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:06 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Ari lead him quickly through the hidden passage, a torch in her hand to light the way, and the other in Jacob's. When they reached outside, she hugged him back and blushed as he kissed her on the forehead. He said he would explain things when he got the chance, and she hoped he would. She had so many questions for him, but not enough time to get them answered. She watched as her friend raved off into the forest. She found a way to cover up his tracks and lead the guards another way. Once she was done, she climbed up the vines that snaked their way up the castle walls and onto her balcony.

She only slipped a few times before she got to the balcony. She was covered in dirt and mud, her dress ruined but she didn't care. She saved a life today, but she just hoped he'd father wouldn't find out it was her that let him free.

Ari sighed as she sat in her bathtub, legs hugged to her chest as she bathed in the hot water. She wondered who Jacob was, and wondered if he really was an assassin but she lead him astray. All these questions would probably never get answered as she took a cloth and started to wipe the dirt off of her face and skin.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:31 pm 

A few days passed, and there had been no interaction between Jacob and Ari. Jacob had been keeping both his eyes and ears open, however, and knew that Ari came to the balcony every night, and that her marriage was growing near. That night, however, Jacob sat on the railing of the balcony in wait for Ari. Next to him on the railing sat a platter with a teapot full of cranberry tea, and two cups. He rubbed his wrists as he waited, which had now healed, but had a ring scar around them both. He also had horizontal scars across his hands from grabbing the silver bars. When he heard the doors to the balcony open, he smiled and turned to face Ari. "Hey, Ari. Long time no see." he said.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:53 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Over the past few days, Ari didn't do anything really. She rarely left her room and barely spoke to anyone, not even her own father. Truth was, she didn't want to speak to anyone. She had had enough, especially with Gerard. Every day he would bring flowers to her and every day when he left she threw them off the balcony.

She had started to think the worst of Jacob, that he had died in the forest on his journey home. She sighed softly as she prepared herself for the night. She put on a nightgown and opened the balcony doors, her eyes grew wide as she saw who was sitting on the railing. She couldn't help herself, she rushed to him and hugged him, almost making the both of them fall over. She gave Jacob a kiss on the cheek and smiled, tears of joy rolled down her cheek.
"I thought you were killed." She sniffed softly as she spoke and looked him over.
"Why! You're hurt!" She exclaimed as she looked at his face and wrists.

My Character's

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:15 pm 

Jacob smiled. "Tust me, it takes a lot to take me down." he laughed. When she noticed his burns, he tucked his hands into his pockets. "Don't worry about me..." he said, still smiling. "I'll be fine, really." He reached over to th kettle and began to pour some tea. "So, how have things been?" he asked.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:21 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Ari watched as he pit his hands in his pockets. She knew he would be fine, but she always felt as if she could help him in some way. Whether he liked it or not. She smiled softly, watching him poor tea as if nothing happened.

Ari ignored the question, she had so many questions for him. And she needed answers immediately.
"What happened? Where did you go?" She asked, worry was still in her voice as she asked.

My Character's

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:41 pm 

Jacob's eyes widened at Ari's questions. He sighed, and handed Ari the tea he had poured. "Well..." he started, his mind furiously working, "...when the night was over, and the guards weren't looking for me anymore, I snuck back into town, grabbed my mount, and rode it back to my home village to tell them what happened." He blushed as he poured himself tea. "I told them all about you... how you're nice, and funny, and pretty..." His eyes widened, and he cleared his throat and took a sip of his tea. "And I came back, like I promised." he said with a smile.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next