All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:21 pm 

Finally threw in an OC sheet in my blog been meaning to do that for a while. Hope it helps.

Blog: View Blog (4)

"So I'm guessing home got loud and you went out to fly, and that's when you found me and ended up in this mess?" She asked Wishing she hand chosen any other grove but the one she had, to make a hide away to keep from being found. "I guess if I had tried going home rather than landing where I did we'd be in different situation." She said looking up at his eyes again. He had gotten closer, although it was an odd feeling to have someone close it would be worse if they were doing what the scientists wanted, So play the part and get closer as they talk and maybe the scientists would leave them be. That was what she could hope for anyways, the scientists in the books she had read most likely wouldn't be anywhere near leaving them alone, but there was a big difference between those in books and those in real life, that she had already learned well.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:54 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

"Yeah, pretty much. There had been rumors of someone else flying around in the evenings and my brother wanted me to investigate, too, but that's not what I was doing. I guess that must have been you." Jack said. James had told him of the rumors quite a while ago, but he hadn't got around to checking on it until he had happened upon her himself.

"That probably would have been preferable. I get the feeling seeing where you grew up would have been a lot nicer than you seeing where I did, and I'd get to meet your mother and brothers." He agreed.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:50 pm 

Finally threw in an OC sheet in my blog been meaning to do that for a while. Hope it helps.

"I've been flying around here for almost four years." She said wondering why they had only recently even caught wind of her, maybe it was a good thing...
"Yeah you have point there, if we were at the farm now, you'd be watching an apple pie bake and hearing heaven knows what stories from my mother and brothers. " She said with a sigh, two different endings to her day that she never thought possible as she had been baking in the afternoon sun earlier that day. Wondering to herself how many failed attempts it usually took before he and the others usually got out of these places. He had said that they would have to fight if they were in an internal part of the building so part of her had to hope that they were on the outskirts, maybe high up so they wouldn't have to push very hard to get airborne.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:49 pm 

"James did say the rumors had been going on for quite some time, he's just always busy with raids and things with his group and forgot about it. I guess we really should have checked on that before." Jack commented, thinking of the conversation he'd had a while ago with his brother. "That sounds like it'd have been a lot more fun. It'll just have to wait a while now, and we'll have our own story to tell. It might even help my case, your mother doesn't sound like one to tolerate some random guy showing up at her farm." He said. It was nice talking to her, distracting himself somewhat from worrying about escaping; usually the scientists would have taken them out for tests by now and he'd have been able to get some idea of where they were in the building, even maybe find a possible exit, but apparently that wouldn't be the case this time. For once in his life, he found himself regretting the fact that the scientists has decided to leave them alone.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:21 am 

"Eh, I'm not so sure about that, my brothers are pretty odd at times." she said thinking of how they had always been very protective of her. Even being rough together in the back yard they were gentle with her like fair china. "True apple pie fresh from the oven sounds glorious right now, I can only imagine how wonderful it would sound in three days if these men don't get what they want." She sighed.
"IF and when we get out of here my mother will either love you for it or hate you for letting me get into this situation, depending on how you deliver the story." She said with a little spunk to her smile.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:57 am 

"They wouldn't try and pick a fight, would they?" He asked. "Yeah, that'd be nice. And then if they did get what they want, and we still got out of here at some point, I'd probably end up dead. Between your brothers and mine, that's definitely not a situation I want to be in." He said, not ever wanting to have to explain that to either of their families. He hoped he'd never have to, as he continued talking. "I assume she'll at least like me for getting you out of here, assuming I don't mess it up and make things worse. Then she might have good reason to hate me, even if we do still get out. Punishments around here can be brutal."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:11 pm 

"My brothers would only pick a fight if they saw you as a threat, and showing them your wings could go one of two ways, they see your like me and a friend, or they see you're like me and you're going to try to take me away from them." she said thinking that Jeremy would be the first to jump the gun after how long she had already been gone.

"You get me out of here, I'll be sure you don't end up dead by their hands." she said thinking that if her brothers did hurt him she would deny them her baking for life. There was worse she could do but the boys seemed to adore her baking more than they did horsing around in the fields.

"I'm sure my mother would love to talk to you she's sweet woman, always has been. She's taught me a lot of what I know and has always encouraged me to learn more." she didn't want to think of the punishments no matter what they could be. "When do you want to try this?" she asked knowing that he would understand one meaning while any recorders got an entirely different message.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:37 pm 

"I'd make sure they knew I wasn't there to split up your family. You're pretty lucky to even have one." Jack said, and smiled a bit. "Thanks." He said, and thought for a few moments. "We'll rest a while, try to sleep, and then try it after that. We can't wait too long, what with the three day limit and them not feeding us, but we should be as well rested as possible and make sure the tranquilizer effects have worn off completely. It'd be better to do it at night, they don't watch the cameras as well at night, but it's sort of hard to tell in here." He answered, doing some math in his head as to when it'd most likely be night given what he knew about the tranquilizer and how long they'd been there otherwise. He assumed the scientists would simply think he didn't want them watching, as that was creepy, rather than that they were planning an escape.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:43 pm 

"I'd have to introduce you as the good guy." she grinned. Thinking to herself that she hadn't realized how lucky she was until all of this had come along, having a family, never on the run, a peaceful orchard with home made pies at will and books upon books to keep her busy.

"Then sleep it is." She said curling her arms into her chest just like at home. As she tucked her chin she wondered what her family was doing that moment, had they gone to bed without her?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:57 pm 

"I hope you do.. We might have to go to your place first, if you live closer to here than I do." Jack said, planning in case one of them, probably himself, got injured during the escape.

He decided to try and sleep as well, and eventually did go to sleep despite his worry over the upcoming escape attempt. It wasn't very restful though, as he had a nightmare in which the escape failed and they were punished harshly. Outwardly, he seemed distressed, mumbling something in his sleep.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:19 pm 

"Well you're not the one that locked me in here." she said mumbling as her day started taking a toll on her she sunk into a sweet dream. She was high in the sky and had been flying only a few moments when a shadow had come across her. Glancing up golden eyes had found hers and although she knew the eyes now she felt the dream growing colder. The had dove in sync and each and every corner they took, they took together. The shadow she had thought to be the night sky on the horizon was growing.

They had stopped moving forward and were stuck hovering there were two options for her dream self. Fold their wings and drop into the sea below, or face the never ending sea of bulky men and their weapons. In front of the men stood the four scientists two holding clipboards the others held her brothers.

The two of them had started flying in circles and the more she circled the more men took aim at them. It was when the first shot rang out that she had shot up out of the dream and found herself sitting up in the bed. Breathing harder than she thought she should be she glanced around remembering her surroundings. She rolled her neck and gave a stretch laying back down beside him. Although she had read many stories and seen her brothers sleep, he didn't have the peaceful angelic look, nor the carefree open mouth snore of her brothers.

Without realizing what she was doing she reached out and brushed his cheek. "Jack?..... Jack wake up." she said softly not wanting to scare him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:42 pm 

It took a few moments to wake him, but when he did wake up Jack sat up quickly, looking around as if he expected to be surrounded by guards. He seemed ready for a fight at first, but he calmed down pretty quickly once he realized his nightmare had only been a dream and they were both alright. "Hey. Everything alright?" He asked, not sure whether she'd noticed he was having a nightmare and woke him up or if there was some other problem. He hoped it was the former, as this escape was going to be difficult enough already without any more complications. He noticed she looked a little shaken up as well, though, so he was a little worried.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:25 pm 

Glad that he had eventually woke up she was breathing closer to normal now that reality had set in around her and they weren't being shot out of the sky. She had jumped a little when he had come up as fast as he did but as he calmed calmed down she had come back to her place beside him.

"I'm fine." she said not sure how to explain a dream that started fine and ended with them being shot out of the sky. "Nothing like a dream flight to remind you how grounded you are in life." she said trying to forget the gun shots and her brothers faces. Would the guards be looking for her family during the time she was trapped in this big white box?

The lights been dimmed for them to sleep but she didn't remember them being turned down. "Do you remember the lights being turned down?" she asked glad to have found something to replace the dream in her mind.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:40 pm 

"Sounds like your dream was better than mine." Jack commented. In his, they hadn't even got as far as flying away, or even out of the buildings before the guards surrounded them. He decided to try not to think about that though, already nervous enough as it was about their upcoming escape attempt. He looked around again when she mentioned the lights.
"No, I hadn't noticed. Either it's night and they've decided to be at least a little nice to us, or they're trying to set the mood." He said. In his experience the scientists did turn down the lights at night sometimes, but not if they planned on doing anything with the experiments during the night. He hoped that meant no one was watching them, but if there was one thing he'd learned from growing up in the lab it was not to trust most of the scientists and guards at all.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:33 pm 

She had to wonder what his dream had held, hers hadn't even had the lab in it, they had started in the sky, that had to be a good sign right? That would mean that they were getting out. They just had to stay away from the shores. Flying over the southern coast would lead to their capture, and leading them straight to her family would lead to the scientists finding her brothers... 'why hadn't her mother been in the dream?' A stray thought asked from the back of her mind.

"Do you really think they have the kindness to turn it down at night?" She asked looking at the one long black window on the opposite wall near the corner with the door. "Seems kinda cheesey that they would turn down the lights trying to set the mood at night."

Standing in curiosity she moved over to the window putting her forehead to it and cupping her hands to try and see past her reflection. To no avail she felt like she was trying to look through a brick wall. "They don't make windows like they used to." She said sliding her back down the wall. "Well how ya wanna do this?" she asked thinking if they waited much longer it'd only feel more depressing.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:54 pm 

"They used to be, so long as they didn't plan tests during the night. They want to keep us healthy, so they let us sleep." Jack said, "As for 'setting the mood', yeah it does seem cheesy. I think that's kinda the point. The scientists and guards are still human, they joke around sometimes. It's just that they don't see us as fully human, so it's a joke to them."

"I open the door, and then we run for the nearest exit. I guess if it is night, then we should do it now." Jack said. He went over to the door and began using the pins she gave him to try and pick the lock. It wasn't his greatest skill, so this might take a while, but he figured it would go better than trying to punch through the window. "If there are guards, just do whatever you need to get away from them and I'll help you, but if they surround us then we're done. We'll just have to hope the punishment isn't too bad and try again later. Same if they've got the tranquilizers again." He added while working on the lock.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:14 pm 

As he moved to the door she was hopeful, standing she put her ear to the glass and listened, there was nothing more than a rhythmic beeping on the other side like monitor, thinking that it didn't sound like any kind of security system she had ever heard of. "Doesn't sound like there's any activity on that side." She said hoping it wasn't just a quiet observer.

If we do run into guards but we're not surrounded do you have any way to tell which way is out as we're moving?" she asked hoping that if it was night like they thought that most of the guards would be asleep. How many guards did it take to watch a locked up science lab at night? "So running into a circle of them, or running into even a couple of them with those blasted weapons is instant failure." she said not liking the sounds of that at all. "Is it possible to dodge those things?" she asked wondering if the tranquilizers would take longer to effect them if they hit their wings instead of their main body.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:52 pm 

"They probably have cameras besides that window, but that's a good sign. Hopefully it's just a guard or two watching, and they're not particularly vigilant at night." Jack said, glancing up at her as he continued with the lock. He really should have practiced more with locks, he decided, but usually the skill wasn't needed.

"Not really," He said, "Occasionally there are exit signs, but not always. We'll need a door, since they put wire over the windows that lead to outside. We don't want to be cornered by guards; they're bigger than us and usually armed somehow, so a fight with multiple guards is unlikely to end well with us. Same with the tranquilizers. We might be able to dodge one or two, but get several of them and we're more likely to get hit, probably multiple times, which is even worse." He continued, thinking. "I'll do my best to draw their fire if we get caught. Just get out." He said as he managed to get the door unlocked and open. He figured he could get out on his own later if he was caught, and it'd be better to spare her punishment if he could. Not only that, his family would probably be looking for him and spot her when she was on her way home and she could tell them to come get him. "Let's go." He said, standing and looking both ways out the door before venturing into the hallway. It was empty, which was good, but he also didn't see any doors or signs.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:31 pm 

Following close behind as the door opened she was nervous but excited the chance to hit the sky again. But at the same time she was afraid of getting caught, what if one got out, but the other didn't? What would happen to the one? How bad was the punishment for one? How bad would it be for both of them if they got caught, would the white coats keep true to there word and throw another man at her. Shaking off that thought she peeked around the corner with him to see what lay outside their cell.

"Any ideas of which way to go?" she asked not seeing any windows or sky lights in the hall.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:42 pm 

The hallway, like their room, looked very much like one that would be found in a hospital with its white walls, bright lights, and tiled floors. From where they were, Jack could see several other doors to either rooms like theirs or offices or storage rooms. On any other day he might have investigated them, but now the stakes were just too high; they needed to get out as quickly as possible and he knew they couldn't risk playing the heroes this time. Looking both ways a few times, he seemed to make a decision. "This way." He said to her, and began down the hallway, being careful to be as quiet as possible and keep fairly close to her in case the guards tried an ambush.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next