All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Magick in the air.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:06 pm 

Finally threw in an OC sheet in my blog been meaning to do that for a while. Hope it helps.

Blog: View Blog (4)

It had been another long week of hunting crystals, Jasmyne stretched in the early morning light. She had spent the last two hours digging up the crystals from her side garden where she cleansed them once a month, The amethyst feet cool and pure and the Howlite practically glowed with the natural energy it had collected from Mother Gaia. Placing them in the basket she stood and brushed the grass and dirt from her jeans. Grabbing her basket she moved inside her small two bedroom house that she had moved into only a year prior to starting the herb garden out back. The mint, sage and lavender had taken off like wild fire shortly after having been planted potions seeming stronger than when she had tried buying the herbs or stones and crystals.

With the Summer Solstice coming up she had to get ready for ritual, It had been so long since she had not been with a grove and this would be the first time in nearly four years that she had been practicing alone. Setting the basket on the counter she went up stairs to get ready for work. Being a witch sadly did not mean that she didn't have to work. It was fun though, working in a cafe four days a week and the local crystal shop two days a week doing readings of palms and tarot cards, she had cleaned the crystals withe a rosebud blend with herbs to remove the crystals unnatural energies from anything that the customers brought to buy.

An hour later she had changed into a long black dress and her black low heeled boots and put her long silver hair into a braid, her soft blue eyes sold her out as an old soul with the nearly black ring on the outside of the iris of her eyes. Taking her place behind the counter of "The Crystal Path" with the newest crystal ritual book as Allison counted the drawer and made her deposits to the safe. The afternoons were usually slow, but that was when the interesting people came in, the abnormal, the people who actually had the natural powers rather than those who simply played hocus pocus in their basements with the voodoo dolls and poorly crafted love spells.

Waving goodnight to Allison as she left Jasmyne settled in and waited as two of the regulars went through the incenses and the normal low level ritual books near the back of the store. Nine o' clock seemed as though it would take forever to get there.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Magick in the air.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:38 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Unlike most Fae, he had no qualms against mingling with humans. Might have been because he was raised among them by another human. Since he was raised by a human, his opinion of them better than other Fae as he actually knew they were capable of more than meaningless slaughter. He lived among Fae now, but they treated him like an outsider do to his upbringing.

He sighed as his purple and black transparent wings shimmered in the sunlight. Close to the village he was going to, he felt bad as his flight was almost over. An oddity of his was he could remain airborne for an indefinite amount of time where other Fae could only fly for a limited amount of time, usually thirty minutes at most at one time. He circled once around the village before landing with a shoulder roll into a crouched position outside a small shop a bit off the beaten path. He was known to land at a faster speed than necessary but he had a warrior's spirit, if he landed in the middle of a fight, he made a point of coming into it swinging. He adjusted his black coat and shirt as he dusted himself off. His appearance was a matter of indifference to him but he made it a point to remain presentable at all times. Call it what you want, he wasn't a vain person.

Entering the shop, his amethyst colored eyes started to glow slightly with the sudden increase of magic in the air. It wasn't noticeable, but he was actually the offspring of two races of Fae, the Spriggen race to the far east, and the Imp race in the caves to the south in the mountains. He took more to his Imp heritage than his Spriggen heritage but he was highly adept at all forms of magic as a result of his dual Fae heritage. He moved to the counter, running his hand throught his blackish-purple hair as he ignored the shelves. He wasn't a regular customer, or a irregular one. This was the first time he'd ever been here in the shop but he was looking for something he hadn't found anywhere else.

"Hey, I need a large amount of your best magic restoring potion. Price isn't a concern for me, and I'll be willing to help gather any ingredients you need to get." He said speaking to the person behind the counter.

"The past is hell. The future is what we make it to be." ~Me- Random thought that may or may not ring true.

Just a heads up, my reply speed will be rather slow for now. I haven't abandoned any rps at the moment but my ability to reply at the rate i was before has diminished by a great deal. I will get to the rps that need replys but it may be a bit in the meantime. Thanks.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:54 pm 

Finally threw in an OC sheet in my blog been meaning to do that for a while. Hope it helps.

Jasmyne had been reading chapter three by the time anyone had come to her with questions. She had been at working barely an hour with only a few customers checking out others were window shopping or not interested in asking about something they couldn't find, others were willing to say they were interested in learning but were less likely to buy anything than they were to come in daily and shuffle through the next shelf.

The bell rang as a young man came in, she didn't have to look up to know that this person had real magic. As he approached the counter she glanced up and marked her spot if one of the weekly flyers and moved to welcome him. Before she got a word out he had made his request. "Magic restoring potion?" She repeated wondering how he thought they would carry potions in a crystal shop. However the potions were her strong suite outside of work. "I believe I would have all the needed ingredients needed at home. How many would you like?" She asked pushing her braid back over knowing that it would depend on how delicate his magic was on how her mixtures would effect him. On the chance that his reserves were smaller than hers the mixtures would possibly overwhelm him, however if his reserves were larger it could be that they wouldn't be enough. Waiting for a quantity she reached out with her energy poking and prodding like a cat kneading her claws and feeling him out careful not so seem a threat. Pulling back only after getting a decent read on him she brought her personal wards back up.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:23 am 

His wings vanished as he suddenly remembered to dismiss them. It freed up his ability to turn as he didn't have to worry about breaking things. He ran a hand through his hair as he thought about it. He needed to stock up on potions so he'd go a little heavy this time. Well, not really heavy, but close enough.

"8 to 12." He said with a shrug of indifference, "I just need them within two weeks for a monster hunt to Vargordal Island."

"The past is hell. The future is what we make it to be." ~Me- Random thought that may or may not ring true.

Just a heads up, my reply speed will be rather slow for now. I haven't abandoned any rps at the moment but my ability to reply at the rate i was before has diminished by a great deal. I will get to the rps that need replys but it may be a bit in the meantime. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:02 pm 

Watching the wings disappear she smiled "Haven't heard of that island but in bed time stories as child." She said wondering if that was his real goal or just the story he used to get what he needed. " I should be able to have that by the end of the week, so three days if all goes right five if it mix does settle right." She said thinking she would have to check her mint plant and pick up some ginger from Jeanne. "Two days tops I should have a tester for you if you want to test the product before payment." She said writing down her store schedule for him to come when she would be in, rather than trying to explain the business deal to one of her coworkers she thought it best just to keep it between them, no outside knowledge.
"Now question is which currency do the Fae run on these days?" She asked knowing that most Fae who stick to the old ways wouldn't carry a mortal dollar if their magick depended on it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:04 pm 

"Most Fae just barter if not outright take what they need." He said as he casually placed a bulging money pouch about twice the size of his head on the counter, "I flow with the times as I need. Generally I use human currency but I am open to working out a trade of services if you wish. I go out and collect what ingredients you don't have and can't get easily, and you make me potions and staves as I need them."

He leaned against the counter with a serious look. Vargordal Island did exist, he'd flown there a few times and found a lot of flora and fauna that were only found there. Speaking of which, he dug in a pouch on his hip, pulled out a few amethyst crystals he's collected from Vargordal Island, and placed them on the counter as well. He wasn't a witch, but he could tell they were purer and a lot stronger in magical properties than mainland amethyst.

"I was wondering if you knew what could be done with these," He said as every crystal in the stop started radiating light as they harmonized with the amethyst crystals he brought in, turning the shop into a concentrated lightshow, "I'm no crystal expert, but I know these are higher quality than what's found here on the mainland."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:02 pm 

"True, and what is to keep you from doing the same as most?" She asked s he set the coin pouch on the counter. "The herbs and trade I can agree with. Since this will have nothing to do with the store itself I can make it personal." She grinned as he pulled out the Amethyst she listened as it practically sang with its energy.

"Those are beautiful." She said not even having to touch them. "One of those for me I'll fasten two for you to use and then the collection of all needed herbs for anything you request." Pausing she thought for a moment. "Where ever you found these, you should be able to find a pinkish red stone similar to these in texture, they're called rose quartz, find me those and any other crystals or stones and I'll brew almost anything you bring me." She said knowing that if she could fill her collection with stones and crystals like those her strength and capabilities would be far more stable than using the abused and diluted, contaminated stones that she had to sell to her customers here in the store. Even the rose bud cleanser rarely did the trick to clear out all the gunk.

Listening as the crystals in the store began to sing a melody with one another she was glad that only the regulars were in and that they were still entranced in the incense section along the back wall. "Pick up some white sage, bayberry bark and thyme from where you got these and I'll brew you a mix that will make you feel like you've slept for a decade." She said knowing that Fae had slept in the past for extended periods either out of boredum or in order to build up their strength. "What would you say?" she asked looking up to meet his eyes.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:57 pm 

Noticing her sudden eagerness, he raised an eyebrow. It was almost as if he'd done something that she liked. Hopping over the counter to stand next to her, he held her gaze with his. Faint lightning crackled around his hand as he crowded her slightly. He was curious about it.

"Sure, but rose quartz is hard to come by and will only reveal itself to witches." He said as he held his hand between them in front of their faces as transparent lightning hovered around it, "You want it, you'll have to come with me."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:15 pm 

He raised an eyebrow, that was a plus, she thought until he launched himself over the counter at her. What the hell was he thinking! she backed into the counter behind her where they kept the crystal balls and supposed dragon claws as well as a few basic starter alter set ups for showing newbies how to set up their alter when they were too lazy or too eager to take the time to personalize it and make it more useful.
His gaze had caught hers and she was lost, not quite sure which way to go or what to do, her castings were terrible and she really didn't feel like trying to explain why the shop had suddenly caught fire, if one of her spells did go array. Holding his hand up she watched the lightening crackle between them, something she had only seen from angry fae. He didn't seem angry though, nothing about his energy read anger, it was very much so the opposite.
"Rose Quartz is indeed delicate, especially if you find it in the state that you've managed to bring those here in." she said pointing to the three amethyst on the counter. "You want me to come with you when you just asked me to brew the potions for you, if I go with you then wouldn't I be doing the work on both sides of this bargain?" She asked adjusting her back and hips so the handle on the drawer wasn't digging into her as bad. "Besides, I just met you, who's to say you won't drop me in the middle of some weird trade center where fae trade witches like property?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:49 pm 

"You'd just be making in so I could see the quartz as it hides itself from everything but witch's eyes. I'd still be getting it, you would just be along to guide and accompany me." He said, leaning against the shelves opposite the counter, "Who's to say I would drop you in a place like that?"

Now he was mad, that was evident by all the light sources besides the crystals in the shop going out with an audible bang. Her regular customers all bolted blindly for the door as the lightning on his hand became more pronounced and wild. It was completely controlled though as it only coalesced into an orb of crackling electricity that illuminated most of the shop from where they were. He was a frightening individual when angered, there was no telling what he would do. A dark smile touched his face as he looked her in the eyes.

"Look at it this way." He said, articulating each syllable he spoke with a chilling edge, "You help me, I protect you as much as I can from anything that should happen to your kind."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:23 am 

It wasn't the first time she had misread energy and probably wouldn't be the last. She had a hard time remembering that different colors didn't mean the same thing between different types of beings. Witches showed different than humans and fae far different than humans. Their was a touch of irritation that bit into her hard as her regulars bolted out the front door.

"No one has to say anything about you dropping me somewhere like that. I've heard about it from other witches." She said considering his comment about the stone hiding from all other eyes. Watching as the lightening changed form and found its shape.
"You want to go against your own kind to protect a witch?" she asked wondering how long he would hold the orb between them. As he grinned she had to focus not to ignore the glowing ball. "What all are you expecting from me?" She asked putting the deal more towards the agreeable side of the table rather than upsetting the fae man any further, she had been taught at a young age, if there's a way to please a fae. do it. You may live to see another day.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:05 pm 

The orb dissipated with a crack. He turned and leaned on the counter. His anger cooled as he stared at the amethyst crystals. What was it that made him snap? He had to woek on that if he was gonna help.

"All I expect of you is to trust me." He stated, feeling Fae magic surge outside, "As for protecting you from my kind, You are about to find out."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:28 pm 

Watching as the orb dissipated and he turned away she took a moment to glance around the store. Pulling out a candle she had made for stressful days the wax holding a mixture of lavender, and other small herbs and oils meant to bring peace, she placed it on a glass plate and snapped her fingers just above the wick bringing about a small flame and a little more light to surround them. "Don't blow any more bulbs and I think we have a deal." She said glancing up at the light above her.
"So I know you have wings and that means you probably fly..."she paused crossing her arms over her stomach. "I however cannot. How am I to accompany you, and who would manage my herb garden while I'm away?" she asked adding in her herbs as she realized they would be left to their own. That being her thistle would most likely be compromised if they were gone more than a week. Perhaps she could get Callie to look after them.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:32 am 

"I've got some skill in jewelry enchantment." He said as he started gathering his magic as a sapphire amulet materialized in front of him and was encircled by an orb of purple energy, "I can enchant something so that it would give you the ability to fly as long as you wear it for about 15 to 20 minutes depending on how quickly you burn the stored magic with in it."

He was already working on the enchantment by the time he finished talking. Within the blue sapphire, what looked like a phoenix danced and soared in the depths of it. It was hypnotizing to watch it move as flames seemed to wick off it. Almost appearing to be alive, it silently Cawked, disappearing an a violent explosion as he finished. He turned and placed it around her neck as it shifted to match her eye color.

"There.... I'll need to teach you to summon and dismiss them, as well as how to fly, but at least you can keep up with me now." He said, somewhat weary from the large toll the enchantment process took on him.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:28 pm 

Turning to face him she watched him pull out the sapphire in curiosity. With barely showing any fluctuation in his energy she was amazed as she watched the little phoenix danced and sang it's silent song before disappearing. Shocked as he slid it over her head she looked down to make sure she wasn't slowly catching fire from the little show she had just witnessed.
"So as long as I keep this on, you can pull me into the sky with you?" she asked having never spoke to someone who could fly without shifting into another form completely. "You said ten to twenty minutes, is that how long it takes before it works?" She asked suddenly filling up with questions like an excited little girl, only she was more curious than excited and eager to find the pure rose quartz, if there even was any where he was taking her. Did he expect her to have a hand in his monster hunt?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:59 pm 

"Nope, You can pull yourself." He said, shaking his head, "The 15 to 20 minutes is how long the wings last. It works almost immediately as long as you can summon the wings."

He walked around behind her and placed a hand between her shoulder blades. His magic flared slightly as the faint outline of butterfly wings shimmered behind her. He had provided the initial spark of magic for the wings to manifest themselves. She had to do the rest now. He's help her where he could.

"Alright, focus on the muscles in your back." He instructed, standing close to her, "The first thing to get down is summoning and dismissing them."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:15 pm 

Okay so he expected her to be able to fly herself for fifteen to twenty minutes at a time without falling out of the sky at random points. She glanced up from the necklace just as he moved around behind her. "What the?" she mumbled as he put a hand to her back feeling a warm tingle a few seconds later she took a deep breath.

Focusing on her back she followed the tingling sensation. Focusing on her energy she pictured the wings behind her.

"I do have one thing to confess. May be needed before we go very far..." She said pausing. "I can do very basic wards and shields, but as far as actual castings go... I hope you're fireproof." She said wondering what he would think of a witch who couldn't cast.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:38 am 

"Looks like I'm just gonna burn then." He said, laughter coloring his words as the wings had solidified for a brief moment before she said something, which made them vanish, "This isn't casting, Its summoning, which the odds of success directly correlates to your confidence. Again, you almost had it on your first shot."

He was being encouraging about this, but surprisingly sharp as well. It wasn't often he tried to help someone with magic. He was a tough teacher to learn under as he didn't give much in terms of leeway. If he taught someone to do something, he wanted them to have it down to almost second nature. That was just how he was being a teacher to a person.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:15 pm 

Looking up and over her shoulder in surprise at his comment about burning she gave a small grin as he said she had almost done it on the first try, it wasn't often that she managed anything on the first try, until it came to her herb garden.
"Let's hope that you don't meet my witches fire. It's not easy to put out and, frustration leads to random fires." She said only half kidding as she took a deep breath and focused on her back again picturing herself with butterfly wings, she had to wonder if flying for her would feel the same as it did for the birds.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:26 am 

"Fae fires are worse, they don't go out until the Fae who set them wants them to." He said, noting she was having a harder time now, "Huh. You weren't kidding. We might have to pick this up later and come at it from another angle."

He released his magic as it was becoming apparent the normal way that Faes learn about their wings wouldn't work. This was a bit of a conundrum to think about. Having no experience with teaching humans on Fae things, it occurred to him he was breaking multiple Fae laws by doing this. Not that he cared, He lived as an outsider when it came to the Fae so most of their laws didn't really apply to him. The Fae really didn't bother him too much so he wasn't worried about them.