All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:04 pm 

Life's not all the great right now, sorry.

Blog: View Blog (1)

The breath of the man in her face was horrid. It was the smell of a commoner, and it made her want to hurl her dinner. It was a mixture ale and bad hygene. Skye turned her head away, trying to keep her food down. "Hey, wench. I asked you a question. Where you get the necklace?" He growled. Skye reached up and touched the jewlery. It was the royal symbol, two crescent moons surrounding an R. It was the la s t thing her father gave her before he died. Even though they didn't always see eye to eye, she missed him. She usually had it in her shirt, but it fell out when she bent to clean up a mess she made. This man had seen it and had yelled at her, claiming only those in the royal court owned jewlery like that. The whole pub was now watching them.

Skye had to come up with something...fast. "I.... stole it off a royal trade caravan." She stuttered. The man laughed and backed up slightly. "Yeah right. The only one dumb enough to rob a royal caravan is Ophilia." Skye whipped her head around towards him, ignoring the stench. "Ophilia? The renowned thief?" She said a little too eagerly. The man narrowed his eyes at her, but before he could say anything, two burly men surrounded him and began to drag him out. "C'mon Burke, enough enough." They said. As Burke was drug out, he began to shout profanities, to the amusement of the pub. They eventually went back to their own buisness. All except an old hag, who approached Skye. Skye had sat down, deep in thought. "You want to find Ophilia?" The hag said. Skye whipped around and nodded. "You're in luck. She usually makes a stop here around this time of the week. You stay here, you'll find her." She said. Skye grinned. "Thank you!" She exclaimed.

As the hag walked away, Skye sat back with her drink. Finally, things were looking up. She would finalky be on her way to revenge. She smiled into her mug as she took a sip.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:39 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

"Slim pickings." There wasn't much to the royal carriage that traveled down the road. Normally Ophillia would have attempted an ambush, or taken a more strategic approach and just snuck a few things off the back, but there wasnt anythinf on this carriags. Perhaps there was something on the inside, but she didn't want to take the chance of being caught. That was part of Ophillia's success. She knew when to strike and when not to. Besides, the palace was getting smarter about their travel. Some carriages were sent as bait: Ophillia had almost been caught several times before she had figured that one out, but she caught on fairly quickly as to which ones were legit and which ones weren't.

Because there wasn't much today, Ophillia decided to turn in early. She made her way to her favorite little village, Hollow Tree. When dropping off gold, Hollow Tree was her safe haven. The few Royal Guards that were stationed there weren't paid well, so they welcomed the stolen gold. The tavern was run by her favorite old woman and she always had a room available for Ophillia, along with complimentary ale and bread.

Within the town walls, Ophillia waved and made small talk. Many knew her, but not when it counted. When questioned by outside officials, nobody seemed to know who Ophillia was. The girl opened the tavern doors and was greated with a loud cheer with raised mugs. She responded with a wave and made her way to the bar, dropping a, rather heavy, bag of gold onto the bar top. "Grandma!" There was no relation, but nontheless, Ophillia adressed the old hag with a smile before sliding the bag towards her. "Get me some bread. I'm starving." The old woman took the gold and hid it under the counter in a safe. Later she would distribute the gold to those who needed it most.

"Here ya go, darling." The older woman handed Ophillia some bread and a mug. "There's a young woman over there that was looking for you." Ophillia looked over to the woman before taking a bite of her bread. "I guess I'll have to go see what she wants." Ophillia said before taking her plate and mug over to the young woman. "I hear you're looking for me." Ophillia addressed the woman while taking a big gulp from her mug. She waited for the young woman to speak.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:09 am 

Skye jumped. She had been off in her own little world and hadn't noticed the stranger approach. She had been thinking about her sister, and the anger that boiled inside her. After recovering from her shock, Skye sat back and eyed the woman. She seemed to be her age, if not slightly older. "Uh, yes. That is, if you are the renowned Ophillia?" She said questioningly. If she was honest, Skye really didn't expect her to look like this.

She took a swig of her mug. "It is said that you can get into places that most think are impossible to infiltrate." She looked around before leaning in. Despite the fact that the girl looked like she could live in the woods, she smelled rather nice. "Places that are forbidden." She whispered. She threw a hefty sack of gold on the table. "Money is no obect. There is more to be had of you help me." She eyed the thief up and down. She reached up absently and began twirling her necklace. She tried to have an air of confidence, but inside she was nervous. She really had no one else to turn to, and this ache for revenge burned in her all day and night.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:32 pm 

Ophillia noticed the necklace first, it bore the royal family crest. She looked the girl over once before nodding at her words. It was true, she was able to get into places people thought to be unpenitratable: her methods were a little unorthodox, but Ophillia wasn't going to outright say who she was, especially since she didn't know this girl. Ophillia eyed the bag of money that was thrown upon the table, while leaning back. The girl before her seemed confident, but there were small things about the way she sat that said otherwise, not to mention how jumpy she had been. "What's your name?" Ophillia asked, pushing the gold towards the girl. "How did you come across such a necklace and so much gold?"

Ophillia wasn't going to give away her suspicions, instead she wanted to let the stranger explain. Maybe she would tell Ophillia the truth, maybe not. Ophillia kept eating her bread and drinking her ale, all the while going back and forth between the girl and the old woman behind the bar. After a few seconds of staring and eating she raised her left eyebrow and spoke, pushing the food to the eight side of her mouth. "I don't need your money." Ophillia's table manners left something to be desired, that much was certain.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:33 pm 

Skye went white slightly. She wasn't good at hiding her identity. She was so used to people parting when they saw her. She had never wanted to HIDE from thet...till now. "Im..."should she tell her the truth? Yes she had sought out this girl, but how did she know the girl wouldn't run away (at the best) when she learned who Skye was. Skye decided to stick to her alias. Maybe, if the thief helped her, she would reveal her true self.

"II'm Lucy....Lucy Porter." She said. When asked about the necklace again, Skye decided to change her story. No way Ophilia would believe the other story. "My father used to work for the royal family. The royal tailor. It was a gift from king for his loyalty. When the king died, the new queen accused him of being a traitor, had him executed. I kept this in remembrance of him." She finished, looking down. "As for the gold, it was his savings." She finished glancing up at the thief.

The girl was definitly from a peasant family. The way she ate was barbaric to Skye. However, Skye decided it was probably not a good idea to comment on it. When Ophillia claimed she did not need the money, Skye sat up straight, panic in her eyes. "Please. You are my last hope. I need your help." She practically begged.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:51 am 

Ophillia sighed. She rubbed her chin with her right hand and leaned back in her seat, looking at the manic girl before her. "Lucy...Porter..." The words came out slowly as Ophillia thought about her story. Something seemed off about it. "You're father was the Royal Tailer. Hmm..." ophillia motioned towards a young barmaid who took her crumb filled plate and empty mug. "I tell you what..." Ophillia leaned forward, small trinkets and beads that were braided in strands of hair clinked with the movement. "Why don't we go upstairs."

Ophillia stood to her feet and nodded to the old woman before heading up the stairs. She fully expected Lucy to follow her. Once she was at the top of the steps she walked down to the last room on the left of the hallway. She held the door for Lucy and shut it behind them both before taking her coat off amd hanging it up. Underneath she was wearing a simple peasants garb: forest green gown with a leather outer corset that showed her fit shape nicely. One could almost see just how pretty Ophillia was, if it wasn't for all the dirt on her face. "Okay. What is it you need help with?" She leaned upon one of the posts of the four post, canopied bed and waited for Lucy to answer her question.