All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:35 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Kate stopped him from cutting his palm, "I know. Not like holding a knife or dagger. Is new to you. So was my hand. You never hurt me. The pencil never felt pain." She smiled and kissed his wet cheek. "I will show you how to hold it and it is different. Not like a fork either."

Kate removed the tool she used to unlock his collar. "Remember this. I never let you hold it. This is a pen and you hold it like this. Three fingers down and two up make a curve. We see if your left or right handed. You may write with both." She showed him with her hand them placed it in his. She adjusted his fingers. 'You could write with your claws. Just dip your index finger in ink."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:59 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Jasper could feel the small trickle of blood down his hand from where his nails had dug into the skin before Kate had stopped him. He listened without looking at her, only briefly glancing to Kate when she kissed his cheek. He could never hurt her, never hurt his mistress. No! Kate wasn't a mistress. She had told him that herself. He shook his head, wondering where these thoughts were coming from. He had been making progress, he couldn't start slipping now. 

His ears lifted slightly when Jasper heard Kate remove something. Looking to the mage, he watched her show him the object, his hand raising to rest over his throat where the collar had sat for so long. He watched in silence as Kate showed him how to hold the pen. When it came his turn to try, he tried to get it on his own but allowed Kate to adjust his hold not long after. Holding the pen, he frowned at the feeling. It was so light, and thin, so fragile. 

"Right...I'm right handed." He admitted. He knew this from his experience with a blade, preferring his right hand over his left. It would make sense for that to apply to this too, right?

He wasn't sure how he felt about using his claws to write. They were weapons, part of himself he wasn't all that proud of. Turning his attention back to the pen, he knew he was gripping it too hard, could feel the strain on the item. He loosened his grasp a bit, looking to Kate. He didn't know what he was looking for, approval? Displeasure? Dropping his gaze to the floor once more, Jasper fumbled with the pen, accidentally dropping it. Biting his lip, Jasper quickly picked it up and held it out for Kate, offering it back to her.

"Sorry." He nearly whispered, head down.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:10 pm 

She smiled and hugged him, "Come let us try your index claw. Ink is messy but I think this will be easier. Words they say are mightier than the sword. You can do this. Like drawing in the dirt."

Kate held his had and helped him stand. "Try again. We find what works best for you. No more hiding your feelings tonight."

She held his paw as she entered the kitchen. "How are you two getting along?"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:36 pm 

Leaning into the hug, Jasper let out a soft sound of frustration. When he could once more see Kate's face he tilted his head to the side, confusion on his face at her words. 

"But how are...?" He started to ask but shook the thought away, following Kate into the kitchen. He didn't know how well he would do at not hiding his feelings, but he would try. 

As soon as the pair entered the kitchen, Jasper crinkled his nose at the strong scent of spilled ink. Looking at his sister and Matt, he could easily see why. The two were frozen, both splattered in ink, with more pooling on the floor from a steady drip from the table.

"I know this looks bad but..." Matt started, holding his hands up in a surrender position, ink dripping from his hair and down his face. 

"But someone here thought it would be fun to 'finger-paint' and pour nearly a whole bottle of ink in my lap." Abby finished, sending a glare in Matt's direction who simply smiled, looking a little guilty. 

Jasper looked from the mess, to Kate, and back again, wondering how the mage was going to react to this. He hoped his own problems were forgotten for the moment, but soon Abby was turning her attention on him.

"Is everything okay Jasp, you looked a little uneasy when you left." She was genuinely concerned, but judging from the way Jasper's ears flatten on his skull, and looked ready to bolt, it had not been the right move.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:57 pm 

Kate held her fist to her mouth to keep from laughing. "Oh my Matt. I know Abby did not purposely spill. But if she did I am sure she had a good reason. Now the only way to get that off your face and hair is turpentine. Ugg you are going to smell for days. As for that mess. Towels and they will be made into rags. Same as your clothes. Ink is not cheap. Spills do happen and in class, I have my hair dipped in inkwells more than I can count on one hand. Clean this up as I work with Jasper. Tell me, Abby, what letters did you go over with Matt."

Kate took the remaining inkwell and ink and brought in in front of Jasper's placemat. Now show me your pointer finger claw, dip it into the ink and hold the well with your left; tap it a few times before taking you claw out."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:22 am 

Matt couldn't help but send Abby a grin at Kate's comments, which soon turned into an expression of shock when the only way to get this stuff off was with turpentine. 

Jasper knew that if Kate was complaining about what it would smell like, he was going to have it even worse. Sometimes having heightened senses was a good thing, other times it was a curse. 

Abby paused in her scowling at the little gremlin to answer Kate.

"We got to 'I' before he decided since ink starts with 'I' it would be a good idea to play with it." She crossed her arms, Matt simply shrugging his shoulders.

"I got bored, okay." He said, using his shirt to mop up one of the puddles.

The clean up turned into a game of how many times can Matt hit Abby with inky towels before she wrings it over his head, while Jasper followed Kate's instructions. The ink felt strange against his claw, but not totally unfamiliar, though what it reminded him of was far more violent. Pushing these thoughts away, Jasper waited for his next instruction. 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:24 am 

Kate saw Matt and Abby throwing the towels at each other. "Thake downstairs and be sure to clean up with turpentine. While you are fighting saw the alphabet and count to 100. The turpentine is in a citrine colored vile in the basement cupboard. Go outside quickly get the ink off then take a bath to get the smell off. In the morning you can clean ink off the table and floor."

Kate turned to Jasper she slowly wrote lines for the letters and had him copy what she wrote until he had A, B, C. "Tell me what letters you have learned that you can say. Do not worry how they are written."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:23 am 

Both Matt and Abby paused when Kate spoke, Abby in the process of smearing some ink across Matt's cheek as the younger tried to do the same to her. The pair disappeared quickly, Abby right on Matt's heels. 

When quiet once more settled over the kitchen, Jasper watched Kate writing, copying what she did as carefully as he could. The ink was smudged, and what he wrote was kind of shaky, nothing like other writing he had seen, both Kate's and others.

Dropping his hand to the stained table, Jasper turned slightly to look to Kate. He pondered her question, thinking of what he knew. He recalled their mini lesson earlier, when Kate had sang the letters to him. He had only been asked to remember the first five so far and he repeated them slowly, hesitating after each one.

"A, B, C, D, and E." Jasper was pleased he had remembered this after everything that had happened between then and now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:20 pm 

Kate rubbed his back, "Very good. Do you want to stop or keep going? I do not want you tired. Learning will be useless." She watched Abby and Matt run out of the room. She snickered as they were playing chase. This was good for them both to be distracted from the seriousness of hiding from Malora. Jasper was shaking and nervous. The mage knew Jasper would face difficult moments. He shook but still made letters. "You got the designs of the letters correct. Neatness takes hours of practice. Would you like me to write your name so you can see what it looks like? I will teach you the letters over the next few days and weeks?"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:42 am 

Jasper was torn. He wanted to continue, to make up for lost time, but on the other he was ready to call it a night. It wasn't even like he had done all that much in terms of physical activity, though he thought it would be a good idea to do something about that soon. 

He wanted to see his name written though. He was sure he must have seen it at some point in his life, but couldn't recall. 

"Yes please." He answered Kate, watching her carefully with his cheek resting in his hand, his elbow propped up on the table. He stifled a yawn with the back of his free hand.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:58 am 

Kate saw him yawn as she wrote thin perfect strokes so he could read as she wrote. My handwriting is like this so you can see clearly each letter. She wrote J a s p e r L y o n s.
Below it she wrote K a y t h e r y n n L y o n s. Below her name, she wrote in scroll cursive Kate C. Lyons.
She put down the pen and tapped his shoulder, "Let go to bed. Nothing has happened so far other than spilled ink. We have had a long day. Let get out tomorrow for a walk to the lake. I will teach you more letters. You survived your first lesson and it will get easier once you know all twenty-four letters. She hugged him and waited for him to stand. She put her arm around his waist and brought him to her room. "How do you want me? As human or fox?"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:19 am 

Watching Kate write, Jasper looked over each letter carefully, only recognizing a few at this point. His eyes followed the loops and curves of her writing under where her name had been printed. That he did not understand. It could have said anything and he wouldn't know, it looking only like gibberish to him. Kind of how most words were, a mash up of letters he had had no hope of being able to read before. It hadn't been important for him to be able to read, if he could fight, that was good enough.

Jasper hadn't realized he had been drifting in memories, unaware of the world until Kate had tapped his shoulder. He jump slightly, taken by surprise until he focused on the mage and what she was saying. Walking to the lake? Wouldn't that put them out in the open? Exposed to anyone who may see them? What about the footprints? 

Standing, Jasper felt Kate's arm around his waist, helping to ground him and make him feel safe even with his thoughts racing. He didn't realize where she was leading him until they were standing in Kate's room and she was asking him something.

"I...it doesn't matter. You can choose." He didn't want to tell Kate what to do, even for something as simple as this. It still didn't feel right to do so. Truthfully, he was fine with whichever form Kate chose. He covered up another yawn, his fangs flashing briefly in the light before his hand blocked them from view.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:12 pm 

Kate felt bad she made him jump. His habits would take a long time but he was getting better at asking for things, "Your tired I will take my human form tonight. I will be right by you if you have a nightmare. You can escape your dreams. Visualize a door, any door and walk out of your dream. Then envision the meadow, the lake, or here. Until you can do this I am beside you."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:32 pm 

Jasper simply nodded, not having anything to really add. He appreciated that Kate was still concerned about his nightmares when she could have easily had him deal with them on his own. It wasn't like it would have been the first time, though it was much easier to cope when he had help, or so he was learning. He took note of Kate's instructions, before eyeing the bed. He didn't go to it though. Instead, Jasper remained standing where they were.

He didn't want to make Kate, or himself feel awkward, but was unsure as to how to proceed from here. They had already fallen asleep together in human form in the living room downstairs, well, more like Kate had fallen asleep against him. Suddenly, Jasper remembered that he had wanted to keep watch, to make sure everyone was safe. Much more alert than he had been moments ago, Jasper turned to face Kate with mild concern shining in his eyes.

"Should I not be keeping watch?" He asked, his tone almost apologetic as though he had disobeyed an order.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:16 am 

Kate blinked and looked out the window. She held his hand, "Do you want company? I guess we should. I can't imagine anyone getting out in this weather. Still, it is Malora and I am not taking any chances. I will go with you. I will see what double trouble is up to."

She headed for the stairs. Matt and Abby were coming up. "We are taking the first watch. I will awaken you Abby around 12:00. Matt, can I trust you to get up at 4 am and keep guard?"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:54 pm 

Jasper didn't say anything, but followed Kate into the hallway where they met Matt and Abby. Of course, he had been able to smell them before he saw them. Jasper hoped the smell would go away quickly. Abby simply nodded at her time slot, too tired to say much more. Matt saluted Kate with a smile.

"Yes ma'am." He said before following Abby further down the hall to the rooms they had already used before. Jasper watched them go before turning back to face Kate.

"You should rest too, I can keep watch." As much as he would like Kate's company, he also knew that she deserved, and should get some sleep. It couldn't be easy looking out for the three of them all the time, not to mention with Jasper's problems alone. It wouldn't be the first time he had stayed up for extended periods of time without much sleep or rest. His green cat eyes showed only concern as he watched Kate for any reaction, or sign that he had stepped over his boundaries.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:21 am 

Kate saw the concern in his expression and kissed his cheek, "I will come down to relieve you in a few hours and let you sleep in my arms. One night you will be able to escape your torment. Until then I will always be with you at night. I would rather you run to me than away when you get upset. Never feel you have to be alone Jasper. Come get me if your thoughts plague you."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:45 pm 

Jasper closed his eyes and ducked his head when Kate kissed him, feeling a faint blush colouring his cheeks. He listened to what Kate was saying, having heard similar statements from the mage before but still finding comfort in them. If it were his choice he would have allowed Kate to rest the whole night. He could handle a night without sleep, and it would allow for the others to get some needed sleep.

Once more meeting Kate's gaze, Jasper wished her a goodnight before leaving for the stairs. He descended them quietly, and took up his post near one of the windows. In the silence, Jasper allowed for his mind to wander while keeping his ears alert for the slightest of sounds. He thought back to when he had been in the care of Malora, everything she had done to him either directly or indirectly. She had called him her pet but had done nothing to demonstrate any sort of love towards him. When Kate had gotten him, he had expected the same treatment, he was to follow orders and accept whatever came his way.

Years of poor treatment had taught him many things, how to survive, but with Kate he didn't need all of these instincts. It frightened him to lose these. What if something happened? What if he needed to go into survival mode again? Could he do it, or had being cared for caused him to go soft. As much as Jasper hated his old self, he still had a bit of pride for his reputation. He was Hell Cat, one of the toughest fighters in the pit despite his circumstances. That had become who he was, and it would always be a part of him.

Part of him wanted to keep fighting, just for the thrill, the feel of the blood pumping through his veins, and his instincts at their peak. He knew Kate would never let this happen though. His life was different now and he just had to adjust to that and leave everything else behind. His tail flicked behind him, cat eyes shining in the dark as Jasper reminisced about the darker times in his life. Pulling one knee up, Jasper wrapped his arms around it, resting his chin on top as he kept watch silently. His mind considered for a brief moment of asking Kate if he could do something to keep his skills sharp, and these feelings more under control, but the likelihood of that being approved were slim. He wasn't suppose to be a fighter anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:00 am 

Kate padded into her room and thought about their situation. He father had to be worried and she did not dare risk going into town. The mage teen tried to think how could they know if it was safe to leave the hunting lodge and try to return home. Should she leave Abby with Matt and trust them not to leave the cabin. She could take Abby with her and leave Jasper to watch Matt. Abby was free and like a sister now. They could go into town together and no one would suspect a thing. She could take Abby to meet her father but if Malora was there they would not return to the lodge.

Kate could return to the manor with Jasper and Abby. Matt could be cloaked in darkness. She and Abby to get into mage school and go to the lodge hidden in magical robes. She had the plan and went to bed with her clothes on. She wanted to be able to bolt should Jasper make an alarm. It was in the middle of the night when she woke up to join Jasper.
She found him staring into the darkness his ears were erect. "Jasper, do not want to scare you. You hear anything?"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:45 am 

Having grown use to the silence, only interrupted by the creaks and groans of the lodge, as well as the wind outside, Jasper had remained all but motionless. He only moved when he thought he had caught the sound of voices. They were far off, the sound likely having been carried by the wind, but the ex-fighter had still reacted. Standing quickly, he had searched the darkness for any sign of humans or dogs. His ears catching anything out of the ordinary were held partially back as his tail moved slowly behind him like an agitated cat. When his scan of the area came up empty, Jasper didn't settle. Instead, he remained in full alert, ears once more up and on guard for the slightest thing.

It was likely due to his focus on the outdoors that Jasper hadn't heard Kate approach until she spoke. His eyes flashed dangerously in the darkness, landing on the source of the intrusion. When it registered that it was only Kate, Jasper inhaled sharply as he lowered his clenched fists, willing himself to relax. He closed his eyes in an attempt to regain control, he had come precariously close to attacking.

"Kate, I..." He felt he should explain, but for what? Nothing had happened, but it almost had. That was what bothered him. Shaking his head, Jasper turned his attention back to the window, his claws digging into the windowsill slightly. "I thought I heard voices, but it may have just been a trick of my mind." He admitted, ears lowered slightly.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next