All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:19 am 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Kate looked at the woman, "I am in love with your brother. He is finding himself. I have never met anyone like him. He gives his whole being to service. I will not and have not taken advantage of him. I admire his courage and feel secure in his arms. He is very handsome and I love being with him. He is childlike and everything is new to him. I like the challenge of him. He smart and I look forward to teaching him how to read, cipher, and open up his world to books and knowledge. I want him to taste foods forbidden and take him to places he's never been. To explore the world on his terms. He is a quick study and I wonder what he chooses for himself. Abigail, you, what do you want?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:31 am 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Abigail probably could have guessed this, especially after what she had heard last night, but it was different hearing it out loud. 

Hearing these things about Jasper made her wonder briefly how much had changed. He wasn't the same little boy she had known, though aspects of that were still seen in the way he acted. In a way it was sweet seeing someone fall in love with him, though Abigail would admit she did feel both jealous and protective of him. He was still her little brother and had been forced to grow up too face.

"I'm glad he's found someone like you Kate, he deserves it." She could hear the tears in her voice but held them back. "He just grew up so fast." 

She didn't know what she wanted, had never really thought about it. She knew she wanted to see the world, to get away from this place that held nothing but bad memories. It was then that Jasper returned.

He froze when Abigail looked at him, looking like a deer caught in the headlights. 

He looks so innocent, she thought. 

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:54 am 

Kate turned to face Jasper, "Come join us. It's alright. Come sit and eat. Your sister and I were just taking about what we like and you. Your not the little boy she remembers. This is an adjustment for all. We are friends now. I am sure there are question from both of you. I want to help. Abby, may I call you that? This town, my friends, are not like the mages that brought you here. Please, let me show you that this is a good place. Jasper not all the young men are like Marcus. I am sorry he had to be the first man you met. My family cares about people if you want to learn a trade or attend school you can. Abby, Papa has told Jasper he can retain his fighting skills but will never have to see the arena. What skills do you have or want to learn?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:07 am 

When Jasper heard they were talking about him he glanced to Abigail who simply smiled and shrugged. He took a seat next to Kate and listened to what she was saying to both him and his sister. 

Abigail made no move to stop Kate from calling her Abby, very few actually called her by her full name anyway, in fact very few had called her by name at all. She watched Jasper's ears lay flat at the mention of this Marcus and decided if he didn't like this guy she didn't either. 

She wasn't sure what skills she had that were worth noting. She could read somewhat, having been taught a little, and she knew how to read maps and such with little difficulty. 

"Never really got the chance to try much outside of the typical things, laundry, cleaning, patching up the guys dumb enough to get themselves hurt in the fields." She listed off. "Oh, and embarrassing Jasper of course." Catching Jasper's eye, Abigail winked before turning back to Kate.

"Wanna know something? Scratch this one spot on the back of his neck and he'll purr like a kitten, at least he use to." She grinned at Jasper who looked ready to leap at her for telling Kate this little secret.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:40 am 

Kate ate and listened to her,"I am sure those sweet places still exist. I know my brothers tickle places. I want you meet my family. You and Sara will be fast friends. She much like you Abby. She is a fighter, likes the outdoors, thinks Jasper hung the moon. She has a notice of Jasper and carries it everywhere. She can't watch pit fights she loves pictures of the fighters. I am still a better horsewoman but don't tell her that. She is not a bad mage. Sara and I have never sparred. She afraid I will give her a rat tail. I made my brother wear one for a week. Do not worry. I will not use magic on either of you.
Go easy. He is battle scared and needs lots of petting and tickling. Abby help him to laugh and play. He is less stressed in his Savannah form. Jasper, change for us and Abby what did he like as a kitten?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:58 am 

Jasper kept his head down, not wanting to be embarrassed further. He half listened to what Kate was saying to Abigail.

Abigail on the other hand was paying attention to what was being said. She was liking the sounds of Sara and found it funny that she had such a fascination for her brother. She didn't know what his reputation was in the pits but it must have been pretty good to have earned the fans. When Kate brought up magic, Abigail viewed her with some caution, still not trusting the mage side.

When asked to shift Jasper looked from Kate to Abigail, and back again. Abigail didn't know he could change his form, having been taken away by the mages the first time he did. Judging by the look on her face though she was far too interested to see. Stepping away from the table Jasper shifted his form into his Savannah form and stood with his ears lowered and head down.

Abigail watched this in mild shock, at first thinking it was some sort of trick as her brother shifted into the exotic feline. She hadn't expected this at all but recovered enough to answer Kate's question as she moved to kneel beside Jasper, running her hands over his back, feeling the scars under the fur.

"He loved the sun, affection, cuddles...just like a cat." She laughed, tracing the markings on Jasper's shoulders. 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:27 am 

Kate watched in fascination as Abby saw his feline form for the first time."His physical scars are barely visible now. His scars can be felt in both forms. I am glad to see you together. He can mind speak to you. The voice you hear is his. He loves to play. I had to put booties on his paws. His paws are healing and his claws are growing back. He will never scratch us. I think he is lovely. I can't imagine anyone would want to hurt him. Abby, Draco and Malora are horrid, evil, and vile. It is the Dark Arts of sorcerery they are drawn to. What possessed my aunt to give him to I do not know. I am so glad she did. He is a delight. I want you both happy. Please tell me your story Abby? What happened to you?"
Kate scratched behind his ears and checked how his neck and paws looked. "Your better now. Still a little tender. Little mews where you hurt. Tell me what hurts."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:53 am 

Abigail wondered what it felt like, to shift form. Did it hurt? Was it tiring? She would have to ask later. Sitting on the floor next to him she felt Jasper lean against her as Kate spoke. It would have been funny, her brother forced to wear booties except for what came after. What kind of sick people did this sort of thing? Of course magic had to be involved. 

"You don't think she'd want him back do you?" Abigail asked without thinking. It seemed like something that could happen. Malora finding out Kate was treating Jasper as she was and taking him back into the life of a slave. Abigail knew she would fight tooth and nail should such a thing happen. 

When it came time for her to share her story, Abigail paused and stroked Jasper's fur, hearing a soft purr from him. 

"I was ten. Some guards came and just took me away. Mom never even tried to help. They  gave me to these men in long robes who performed tests on me. Guess I'm glad nothing bad ever happened." She let out a small laugh, trying to ease the tension and felt Jasper press against her side. "They finally decided I was too dangerous and locked me away to be forgotten."

Jasper felt Kate checking him over and rubbed his cheek against her hand. He felt better than he had in ages, the only pain being a slight ache in his paws when he flexed them. 

Abigail watched this happening. 

"I guess you've got a guard cat instead of a dog then." She laughed. "Though I think he'd be more intimidating. Much scarier when ticked off." She could imagine that being hunted by a Savannah would not be pleasant, Jasper looked like he could take down a full-grown man easily. Turning her attention to Kate she asked what was on her mind.

"Have you ever seen him fight? His style?" She was curious as well as cautious. If what she had heard about him was true than he had quite the reputation.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:53 pm 

Kate gazed from Abby to the Savannah cat. She felt bad that Abby was taken as a girl. "That horrible just tale you away from your mother. You were just kept somewhere and forgotten. What they do to you? Where did your family live? What happened that made Jasper be taken into slavery? No. I have not seen him fight. He will never fight in the pits again. If he goes back to Malora it will be with several militias. I kept the letter from my aunt giving Jasper to me as a gift. As rare as it is for Malora to give away one of her pets. Jasper must have meant something. Or saving him was a test of my healing ability. Whatever it is I am grateful he is here, away from her. I will never allow her take him back." Kate held his right front paw and released her mana then hugged him petting his shoulder. "Your free as soon I am of age. You will always be very special to me. Abby, I never want to treat him as a slave. I told him the day he arrived. I never had a slave. He is trying very hard to unlearn what has been beaten into him. He cries because of his past. You knew knew him as a carefree boy. I want you both to laugh and have fun again. You both deserve better lives and time heals. I not asking for you to forgive. I will see the mages are punished. Your beautiful siblings. Please Abby let me help you both until you can support yourselves. I know right now you both need to feel secure."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:17 pm 

Abigail shrugged, she didn't know what the tests were suppose to do or what they were for. 

"Mom and Jasper stayed at the slaves quarters with Malora and Draco. Dad was a pit fighter and died during one of his matches." She watched Jasper carefully as she spoke, knowing he had probably forgotten about this. 

"I don't know everything, but what I do know is that Draco wanted to breed the perfect fighter. He selected our parents personally, our dad was his prized fighter at the time. I was a mistake, probably why I got sent away." Abigail only knew these things because she had overheard her parents one night and been caught. "Mom told me Jasper was to be raised and trained as a fighter."

She listened to what Kate said about Malora.

"Why don't you confront her? Surely she can't revoke a gift." If Abigail had it her way she would be giving Malora a piece of her mind, Draco too for that matter.

The subject of freedom never sat well with Jasper. It was intimidating. He had been a slave in one form or another all his life so the idea of something else was completely foreign. 

Flicking his tail he butted his head against Kate's arm gently. 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:00 pm 

Kate knew this was hard rehashing their painful past, "I am so sorry. You were both born slaves. It would sound easy to tell off Malora and let you get revenge. Papa fears an open war with Draco will do more harm. The king and Papa have to get other noblemen to put a halt to the attraction of the fights and that is not easy. Blood sport is popular and it keeps Draco from expanding his lands. Draco's too easily allied with the Hord in The Barons. Politics is not my forte but given the chance, I am sure you will be allowed your revenge. As for me confronting my aunt, slim chance anytime soon. She banished since marrying Draco. She was once a sweet person but she wanted dark magic and the powers Draco held. I feel it is more sinister."
Kate petted Jasper more as she talked and scratched his head, neck, and back lightly. "I know you want to be outside and run fee. You will get your revenge sink you claws and fangs into those that hurt you and took away your life. This all has been a nightmare for you both. I can give you both happy memories and from this day forward new lives. Abby, Do you want to stay indoors or go shopping. If you get tired we will come back here."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:09 pm 

Jasper purred softly under Kate's hand, soaking up the affection. At the mention of being outside, his ears perked up and he looked up to Kate. He felt he had never spent so much time indoors until now. He had grown use to living outdoors, or in cells and cages.

The idea of shopping intrigued Abigail. She had never been given the chance to do something like this, it would be foolish of her to pass on such an opportunity.

"I'm not made of glass you know." She said in way of an answer.

Jasper hadn't noticed until now how antsy he had become sitting there. Standing, slipping away from the gentle hands, he padded around the table and eyed the door before turning back to face Kate and Abigail from where he stood. 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:58 pm 

Kate gathered her plate and Jasper's empty dishes, "You ate all your breakfast. Good to see you have an appetite. Abby, take fruit with you. This will not be quick. You will need a cloak from your armior and we will buy suitable winter clothes. Jasper, change into human, the cobblestone will tear up your paws. You may run in the snow behind the Sneads store. Abby will be safe inside while we shop."
Kate faced Abby, in the hall closet are mittens, scarf, and earmuffs."
The mage took out a blue wool cloak from the living room closed and put it on along with gloves, a wool cap, and brightly colored scarf, One all were ready and out in the hall, she waved her hand over the door knob to lock it. Kaye led them out to the main hall and outside. The sun was bright and the snow glicened. She led them into town and between the bakery and silversmith's ship. "Shortcuts are best. Across the street is the Sneads shop. Jasper this is a safe place for you to take your cat form. Explore all you want, avoid people and stay on the grass. Go on be free."
Kate watched for carriages and wagons and crossed the street and once at the shop she held the door for Abby. The shop was full of displays and racks of dresses. A lady in her 40's nicely with brown hair and blue eyes, dressed in a long black wool skirt and white pleated blouse greeted her. "Hello Lady Kate and oh my who is this lovely lady?"
Kate smiled and stepped aside. "Mrs. Snead this is Abigail. She just arrived and needs a full wardrobe."
Mrs. Snead smiles and motioned Abby to follow her, "Hello. Abigail, welcome. Come brouse and if you want anything custom made let me know. Is there a certain style you like?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:11 am 

This was the first time Jasper had been given free roam outdoors before and at first he was lost as to what to do. He waited until both Kate and Abigail were in the shop before shifting into his Savannah form once more. 

Inside Abigail was looking at everything as they passed. Hearing her name, she pulled her attention away from the displays long enough to nod and smile at Mrs. Snead. She went through a rack, pulling out various shirts and dresses and giving them a once over before carefully returning them to their place.

"I was hoping you'd have something a little less dress-y." Abigail stated, indicating the many dresses of varying styles around her. "Something practical maybe?" She added, inspecting a pair of boots that had caught her eye.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:25 am 

Mrs. Snead led Abby to the back of the store here we have fashion from the outward lands. They are more tribal and I think softer leather stag hide more outdoors. These are more nomadic with flared pants that look like a skirt. Then I have work pants. What materials do you like? Colors can be arranged as well as accessories. You are with Kate so you will need work clothes, a formal, bloomers, a corset, and petticoat. I like the doe skin pants myself. Vests can be made to hold conceld weapons, and bead work is decorative. Do you like fringe?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:34 am 

Abigail followed Mrs. Snead through the store. She ran her hands over the leather, liking both the look and feel of it.

"These are amazing." She said. "Natural colours would be best I think." She added. She liked the idea of being able to conceal weapons, allowing her to not feel so defenseless. Turning to the woman, Abigail looked over the materials. 

"I suppose, I've never had fringe before." She had never had anything like this before.

Having had enough of the snow, Jasper shifted back into his human form and entered the shop, searching for either Abigail or Kate. Hearing his sister, he carefully made his way to the back.

Abigail looked up when Jasper approached, taking in his pink nose and cheeks, and the faint dusting of snow in his hair. She also noted the faint shiver that wracked his tall frame.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:46 am 

Kate looked for things she liked and saw Mrs. Snead take Abby to the leathers and other styles. She heard Jasper enter and head for his sister. She forgot to take Jasper to see non-traditional clothes. She knew the color Abby liked and wondered if she or Jasper liked feathers with silver and turquoise. Kate chose a heavy beaded turquoise necklace with matching earnings.
Moments later she joined them.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:00 am 

Jasper watched Abigail interact with Mrs. Snead and remembered when he had been brought here. While Abi was inspecting some bead work, he took a moment to look around this section of the store. He still wasn't fond of shopping, but Abi seemed to be enjoying herself so his own problems could wait. 

As Kate joined them he came to stand next to her, spotting the jewelry she held. Abi had been looking at similar stuff, though not quite as heavy. 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:07 am 

Kate saw he had rosy cheeks and ears. She wrapped her arm around his slender waist, "How was your taste of freedom? You can shop too. See anything you like? The last time we were in here, it did not dawn on me ask. Do you like leathers too?"
Kate began to wonder if their home was in the out lands did something happen that the village they lived in was attacked, or starvation, or something that caused their parents to be enslaved. She would ask later. The last think she wanted was spoil this happy time. She could see from Jasper's expression he was on edge.

Last edited by LadyKate43 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:13 am 

Jasper would admit he was growing use to being touched and even enjoyed it, especially when it brought with it warmth. When Kate asked how his 'taste of freedom' had been he smiled shyly and looked away.

"It was good." He replied, not meeting her eyes. Instead he looked at the leathers around them. They were interesting, and unlike anything he had worn before. He wasn't sure what his preferred style was, though if he could move in what he was wearing with minimal restrictions that was always best.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 33  Next