All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:54 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Kate watched Matt look at his hands, "To perform as I do you need to born with it. Most males have limited to no abilities. Have you sees yourself in a room where objects fly or seen sparks from your hands when you are not collared?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:00 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Matt dropped his hands back into his lap, returning his gaze to the mage. He sighed at what she said, his shoulders falling a little.

"No, haven't seen anything like that." He frowned, dropping his head to follow a line in the wood of the table. It didn't take him long to bounce back from it though as a handful of seconds passed before he was back to his usual smiling self. 

"But a guy can dream can't he?" He laughed.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:16 pm 

Kate smiled, "A guy can not only dream but he can use objects safely that produce magic. He can get paid if he performs well. We will talk more once you have been free and know what kind of jobs and trades you want to apprentice. I will get you a book or two on magical items. Harmless ones for now."

Kate turned to face Abby on her left, "I will get you a trainer. Of course, you can have training with these two. Ground rules and no live blades. Bruises I can handle. Gentlemen your movement will be greatly slowed and no touching unless you are fully protected. Hand to hand first. I would like to learn as well. That is if you are willing to teach us. "

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:05 am 

Matt perked up further when Kate said it wasn't a complete loss. 

"That would be awesome!" He said, already trying to think about what exactly he wanted to do. Abby simply smiled and shook her head, this boy was crazy. Harmless or not, she wanted nothing to do with magic of any shape or form. She was a little surprised herself when Kate offered to get her a trainer. 

"These two should be good enough." She answered, feeling more comfortable doing something generally seen as off limits to women with her brother than a total stranger. Matt looked a little awkward listening to this and Abby wondered what was up when he voiced his concerns.

"Don't mean to burst any bubbles or anything, but uh...I'm actually not much of a fighter." He admitted, trying not to make eye contact with any of the others. "More of an assistant with keeping the fighters alive when they left the ring. I mean, I've seen plenty of battles so I'm sure I picked up some of it. Saw some real bloody ones too, amazed some of those guys came out alive." Matt didn't see Jasper wince at the description. 

Jasper himself was a little weary of training Kate and Abby. He was still too worried that he would slip into old habits and hurt them. 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:25 am 

Kate saw the delight in Matt's eyes and concern in Jasper's. She held Jasper's hand and leaned closer to him. "Love, what are you concerned about? Do you even want to train? You can say no. You can tell me you never want to be a soldier and carry a blade for the rest of your life. I would not blame you. I can always find work for you. I can let you get your own trade."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:32 am 

Jasper squeezed Kate's hand in his own. He took a minute to try to organize his thoughts, to come up with some answer for Kate. He wanted to train, yes, without it he felt like something was missing. Fighting and training for it had become a part of him that he just couldn't let go of. Could he tell Kate that a small part of him wanted to fight? Not the bloody battles he had been through in the pits, but something  where he could use his skills, feel like he wasn't messing up for once. 

He could feel eyes on him and ducked his head a little before he answered Kate, just barely above a whisper. 

"I don't want to hurt you."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:52 am 

Hate kissed his cheek and smiled, "Training is your life. I will keep you safe so you will never harm us. The ground rules are you can't touch us. Only show us the basics. No grappling or holds. Abby and I will spar together. The only one you can spar with is Papa. Please let Abby and I watch if you and Papa train. I know you know advance moves to kill. Use Matt as an example. He is nimble and quick. If I feel you are in danger of going too far. I will place a magical barrier between us. You will not feel it. It is not like a brick wall. Come stand in the middle of the kitchen. I will show you. Matt come stand where I am. I want you both to experience a magical barrier. Abby, you are next."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:22 am 

Jasper was relieved that Kate seemed to understand. He listened carefully to what Kate was saying, making sure he remembered them if this was to actually happen, and with the way it was looking, it would. His ears lowered when she mentioned his knowledge of lethal moves, something he wasn't necessarily proud of. 

Matt on the other hand had heard his name and being used as an example and had quickly turned to face the mage, surprise on his face.

"Whoa, whoa...hold on a second. Did you just...?" He was cut off as Kate told him to come stand where she was. "What exactly are you planning on doing?" He asked, eyeing the mage carefully.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:10 am 

Kate positioned both and asked they get into a fighting stance then stepped to their left. She positioned Matt next to her. "Matt is not a willing participant. Abby come face your brother in a fighting stance. "Good perfect." Jasper face her. Without touching throw a straight punch at each other right cheek. Keep your feet planted. 1...2...3...punch and hold.
Kate pushed the air left palm up and her arm forward from her side. "Keya hey!"

Kate moved to the right side of Jasper. "All of you touch the space between them. It should feel like an invisible, flexible shield of solid substance. It only lasts till one of you moves."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:27 pm 

Matt stepped back easily to allow Abby to take his place. It wasn't that he didn't trust Kate, it was more the idea of even pretending to face Jasper in a fight. Despite being really quiet and reserved, the man looked like he could take someone like Matt out with a single blow. He watched as the two siblings got into place, noticing the hesitant glance Jasper sent towards the mage before once more looking to Abby.

On Kate's command, the two siblings did as they were told. Matt watched Kate use her magic to make the invisible barrier between the two, eager to get a closer look. 

"How much force can this thing hold against?" He asked. "Like, if a pro fighter were to throw their full force into something, would it just stop them? Would it be painful to run into this thing?" He continued. Abby was less excited over the whole ordeal. Dropping her arm, she crossed them and faced the mage.

"So now that we've established that, can we do some training?" 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:30 pm 

Katie took a ready stance and watched Jasper, "It absorbs energy, the force you apply to it stays in place. Abby, please come stand by me. Jasper, throw a punch full force and you will not be harmed. It feels like thick air. Is not like hitting a solid surface. The effect is rather pleasant. Surprises you attacker and if your quick can get another blow in."

Kate faced Abigale, "Abby will begin training when Jasper is ready. I planned tonight to learn to spell your names; learn a few letters, and count to 80. Abby, I know you are ahead so you I will work together to find what level you are on. You, Matt, and Jasper will feel all the defensive magic first. I can shield you in an invisible bubble. It only lass a few seconds. You can feel it and prepare to take a few deep breaths. Jasper and Matt, it may be the last thing we do tonight. I have a feeling you are not going to like it because you been caged."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:45 am 

Matt listened to Kate's explanations, taking in this new information with glee. It was nice having someone actually listen to him and answer his questions as opposed to either ignore him or swatting him for speaking out. He had always been curious about a lot of things, and this often got him into trouble. 

Jasper was also listening, not with quite as much interest as Matt, but enough that he had an understanding of what this shield was. His ear twitched at Kate's request to throw a full force punch, and he watched without moving as Abby moved from before him to stand next to Kate, Matt on her other side. With all three of them out of harms way, Jasper did as he had been asked. He was surprised at the feeling of hitting seemingly nothing at all, just as Kate had said an attacker would be. 

Abby had watched Jasper, noting the strength her brother possessed, before facing the mage as she spoke. She nodded her understanding regarding training, knowing that Jasper would require some time before he was ready to do such things.

"What are we waiting for than?" Matt asked, already impatient. 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:17 pm 

Kate faced Jasper, " The next thing is bubble. I will place an invisible barrier that lasts several seconds and prevents you from getting hit by a force of 300 pounds of force. I want you to stretch out your arms to the side. Rarey do fighter get this spell. I will use it to protect us. Especially if training become too aggressive. Matt your first."

As soon as he was in position waved her arms in a big circle and for 10 seconds he is in a protected space arm's length. He could feel the energy emitting around him.She did the same to Abby. For Jasper, she held his hand and engulfed the two of them. One bubbled she looked at him and said, "You alright"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:12 pm 

Jasper kept his eyes on Kate as she spoke, not too thrilled about this whole bubble idea. He had spent more than enough time locked up in small spaces and cages. His ears lowered slightly as Kate continued to explain what this thing could do, including protecting them against the training if things got out of hand. He watched as Matt stepped forward and stretched his arms out with a grin on his face as he felt the energy coming from the bubble shield, Abby followed, and soon, it was Jasper's turn.

Jasper hadn't noticed that his breathing had picked up until he felt Kate's hand in his own and her voice asking if he was alright. He nodded slowly, his gaze moving quickly between Matt, Abby, and Kate, as he felt himself trembling. His ears lowered fully and he pressed his free hand against the side of the bubble hesitantly. 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:27 am 

Kate knew Jasper would not like it. He was not harmed and in seconds it disappeared. Breath Jasper. You are alright. This lesson is over. Jasper will teach us when he is ready. Now all of you please sit at the table and I will show you what your names look like spelled out. Abby if you can write your name. Please show Matt. Jasper, your name is spelled J a s p e r. The first letters are A a, B a, C c, D d, E e. Practice writing these letters." Kate passed paper from a kitchen drawer and graphite pencil. She wrote the letters and their names on the parchment.
names on the paper. Now name words that begin with these sounds. I do not expect you to memorize the spelling of your name as it will be a few days before we get to all letters. There are 24 letters and other sounds.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:23 pm 

Jasper was relieved when the bubble disappeared and they moved on to the next thing. The three took a seat and got ready for whatever Kate next had planned. Abby had an understanding of how some things were written, luckily her name was one of those. I took her a few moments to recall how it was done, but once 'Abigail' was written a little less neatly than she would have liked on the paper she turned to Matt's own smudged one and helped him with his own name. 

Jasper kept his full attention on Kate as she spelled out his name. It was like looking at something both familiar, but also foreign. He glanced to where Abby was trying to help Matt, who seemed to be purely annoying the winged woman by intentionally writing things wrong. Holding the pencil, Jasper tried to grip it in a way that was comfortable, but it was nothing like a blade, or anything he had used before. He felt his face grow warm at his struggle with something so simple. His grip on the slim wooden pencil tightened as he tried to copy how the others were doing it, his frustration and nervousness growing alongside it until he heard a small crack and found the pencil snapped in two in his hand. Dropping the pieces to the table, Jasper felt both Abby and Matt watching him. He avoided meeting their eyes as he calmly stood and left the kitchen without a word. 

Once away from the others, Jasper leaned against the wall in the living room. He slid down it slowly until he was sitting, his knees drawn up to his chest and his tail wrapped around his feet. He placed his head in his hands and allowed his shoulders to slump forward. He was a mess, he knew that, but something like this should not have set him off so easily. He felt like he had fire running through his veins, a feeling he often had right before the gates would open for a pit fight and he would be thrown into the ring. He heard himself whimper at the memory and lowered his ears at how pathetic he was at that moment. 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:02 pm 

Kate rushed to his side and held him to her. She did not say a word only hummed a soft lullaby. She rubbed his back and massaged his neck. "First try is always hard. Drawing is never easy. It takes a child a lot time to write and few write well without practice. Come on. You never held a pencil. Come on. You can do this. You never written before or drawn. In a few months, you will be writing. You never knew how to fight but you trained. Now you do not even think the basics, you know them by heart. An education takes a lifetime. Come on. We will do this together. Get up you can learn to write your first letter before you go to bed."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:52 am 

Jasper knew someone would come after him, but he had hoped it would have taken a little longer. His ears remained pinned against his skull as he heard Kate approach. He felt her hold him, not fighting it, but not moving from his curled position either. He felt himself relax as she hummed, not saying anything just yet. He felt tears slip down his cheeks as Kate spoke and quickly brushed the back of his hand over them. He had grown soft. Before if he had failed in something he wouldn't have acted in such a way, but then, he had also been punished for such a thing. 

Maybe teaching the others how to fight would be a good thing, keep him in practice and give him something familiar to do. He would have to ask Kate if he could continue to train. He knew she didn't want him fighting anymore, but he needed something to let all the frustration, anger, even fear out. He had never been able to express himself in any other way, and the consequences were showing in his inability to do so now.

" 'm sorry Kate, I didn't mean to break it." Jasper apologized, still not meeting her eyes even as he got up a little shakily. He looked to the entry way to the kitchen before dropping his gaze to the floor. What would Abby and Matt think? They had seen it all. 

"I'm sorry." He muttered again, voice low as he spoke.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:40 pm 

Kate realized his reaction was deeper as she rubbed his back as she sat beside him."You know I will not harm you for breaking a pencil. I have plenty." Kate held him tighter and watched him wiped his tears. "It is not important that you broke the pencil. You had strong feelings and that scares you. Before we go back. Take a deep breath and try tell me your thoughts before you broke it."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:43 pm 

Jasper only nodded when Kate reminded him, yet again, that she would not harm him. He knew this, he understood this, and yet he still reacted as though he were going to be punished for the smallest of things. He was a fighter! He wasn't suppose to be scared of anything! They sent in a man three times his size with blades swinging, Jasper was to fight anyway, even when every instinct was telling him to run. Something like feelings...those weren't suppose to be scary. They were things he had been trained to not listen to, to ignore.

Doing as Kate had instructed without so much as a second thought, Jasper tried to remember what had happen right before the pencil had snapped. His ears remained lowered as he tried to explain. 

"I...I was just trying to hold it but...couldn't." Jasper kept his eyes lowered, shame already colouring his cheeks again as he recalled having trouble with such a simple task. "It was just so..." He paused, searching for the right word. "Foreign."

He mimed holding a sword, a dagger, even a weighted net, but nothing was the like the thin wooden pencil he had snapped with a little too much pressure added to it. Jasper closed his fist with a sigh. He was a monster, born and bred as one. Made to kill, and trained to fight. He felt his nails digging into his palm, claws that had ripped hundreds of stripes into his opponents, bloody and sharp. Turning his head, Jasper avoided making eye contact with Kate, knowing she would deny it, deny what he believed to be true. 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 33  Next