All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:16 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Kate did see Abigail wipe her eyes as she entered the bathroom. Kate quickly averted her eyes of the woman's body. "Abigail, truly, I am so sorry for your treatment. Had I known, you would have been with your brother sooner. Take a bath as long as you want. I love a long soak too.'
The mage sat the food beside the tub on the floor and grabbed a towel with her head averted from the woman in the tub, "Take this towel and cover yourself. Sit up and I will wash your hair."
Kate began to roll up another towel and set in the floor she knelled in both knees and gathered a pitcher, a bottle of coconut and almond shampoo and a jar of coconut oil. "It is alright you can smell the bottles. Smells good. I made them myself. I want us to be friends Abigail. I feel your in pain and do not want you to suffer. Please place you hand in mine. I am a healer mage and I eased your brothers pain. It has taken him a long time to trust me. I expect the same from you too."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:31 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Doing as she was told, Abigail sat up and covered herself. She hated being seen as weak but in this moment there was nothing she could do. Her eyes trailed to the offered hand, waiting and watching before tentatively placing her own in it light enough that she could pull away easily. 

To her it didn't appear that there was any mistrust between Kate and Jasper, one would think they had always known each other. Unlike her brother, Abigail wasn't afraid of speaking out.

"Why are you doing this? What do you hope to gain from 'earning our trust'?" The hostile tone was clear in her voice as she boldly met Kate's eyes. 

Jasper, having eaten what he wanted remained on the couch, his knees pulled up and his arms wrapped around them, trying to take up as little space as possible. He leaned his head on the back of the couch and could feel himself drifting off before quickly waking up, only for the process to continue. He could hear Kate and Abigail faintly in the bathroom but tried to ignore it the best he could.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:57 pm 

Kate looked into Avigaile's piercing eyes as she cradled Abigail's hand; took a deep breath, then closed her eyes as she released her mana concentrating an Alana's hand and non-shallently touching the woman's left wing flight feather. "You're going to be fine. I am doing this because I want to. I have an older brother. Brothers and sisters should never be forced to be separated as children. What I feel toward your brother is love and I want him to be happy. That is what I want for you too. The both of you need each other and I will not do anything to separate you. I want you to reconnect and stay in Wildwood as long as you want. I will not keep you here if there is somewhere else you rater be. There is a portal downstairs to the major cities. I warn you it can cause travel sickness. I am sorry the pass is closed and it will not open until spring."
May I get your hair wet? I brought a pitcher for you.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:05 pm 

Abigail flinched slightly when Kate released her mana, having had bad experiences with magic in the past. She listened to what Kate was saying, how brothers and sisters should never be separated. No they shouldn't be, especially at such a young age, when one depended so much on the other.

At the mention of going elsewhere, Abigail actually considered it. She had been on her own for so long it had become second nature. Jasper had grown up, became his own person. She was lucky he remembered her at all. Maybe it would be better if she left. From what she had seen, Kate seemed to be taking care of him just fine. 

When Kate asked if she could wet her hair, Abigail looked to her before looking away. 

"I can do it myself." She muttered, not wanting to be seen as useless. She had made it this far, hadn't she? She enjoyed having her independence and didn't want that one thing to be taken from her.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:19 pm 

Kate smiled at her and rubbed the white liquid in her hands, "Of course you can. I know it's no fun when you are hurt and do not feel good. I am not wanting you to feel helpless. Just for tonight let me, please. I have a little sister and I miss taking care of her. She will not let me pamper her. Her name is Sara and she is a battlemage in training."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:54 am 

Abigail scowled. Why couldn't this woman see she wanted to be alone? Glaring down at the water, she made no move to stop Kate. She could see where she was coming from, having a younger sibling and wanting to take care of them, she felt the same way with Jasper.

"What is a battlemage?" She asked having pondered the title for a few moments. It sounded bizarre and unnatural, mixing magic with battle. Would that not be seen as unfair in a fight?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:08 pm 

Kate saw her face and knew the woman did not want her there. Kate made a motion for Abigail to put her head down, then poured warm water on her head. "A battle mage uses magic to enhance their weapons and armor to fight. There are rules of engagement and codes of conduct. They cannot fight regular soldiers. The minions of Orcs and Trolls have made this class of fighters a necessity. I would like to test my sword skills with out magic. I would never hurt you on purpose. I have never used love steel on anyone."
Kate slung her hair back and add the soap to her hair and massaged her head. "Relax. I am going to heal you and you will have the best sleep you ever had."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:24 pm 

Remaining still and allowing Kate to wash her hair, Abigail listened to the information she was being told. The explanation only brought up more questions. What was to stop a battlemage from using magic in battle? Why did these minions make it necessary? Shouldn't brute force or magic on its own be enough? 

And why did Kate want to practice her sword skills with her? Abigail hadn't exactly been given many opportunities to use weapons of any sort during her confinement. The very idea of giving her a weapon had never crossed the minds of her captures as it surely would have been used against them. Why not practice with someone who actually knew what they were doing?

With a huff of annoyance, Abigail waited as patiently as possible for Kate to be finished. She wasn't as touchy-feeling, looking for affection as Jasper was, though she wondered if this was still true of him.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:56 pm 

Kate washed her hair two time and added conditioner and smoothed her hair. "There. You hair is so soft. The coconut oils will make it easy to take out the tangles. Leave it in your hair. I can trim hair and nails tomorrow. Have you had your nails filed and painted? Your a beauty Abigaile and should look dress as a lady. When your done taking your bath I will help oil your wings. What is your favorite color?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:19 pm 

Abigail would never admit that she was enjoying the bit of pampering. It brought back memories of her childhood when her mother would wash her hair, not quite with the same products but the feeling was the same. 

She eyed her nails when Kate asked about them. They were jagged and of varying lengths from where they had broke and she hadn't bothered to try and fix them. They had never been cared for in the way Kate was asking, even as a little girl they were usually covered in dirt and dust. Abigail was still examining her nails when Kate asked her favourite colour.

It wasn't a question she had thought about, never having had any reason to. She had a fondness for blue, especially the lighter shades she had seen in some fabrics but her true favourite was purple.

"Purple, but not too light or dark." She clarified. "Maybe with a hint more blue than red in it."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:45 pm 

Kate nodded, "That is a pretty color. I will get you a night gown for you and we will go shopping when you feel like it. I know your your used to carrying your weapons and looking like a warrior. Think about dressing a lady too. You have a lovely figure and should show your curves and softer side. People from this town are not human and I know you are not used to being accepted. I want you to meet the natives and have a friend or two. You just had someone to show you the softer side of a female. You do not have to be all teeth and claws."
Kate stood up and walked out of the room. She left her with a towel and robe of softest plushy cotton. On the bed she set out a nightgown that had holes cut for Abigail's wings and was the very color she thought of with ruffles, lace and a satin strings that could be tied in the front.

Last edited by LadyKate43 on Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:54 pm 

Abigail could have laughed. Why would she want to play the role of a lady when all that ever accomplished was men acting like dorks? When Kate told her she didn't have to be all teeth and claws she wondered if she had told Jasper the same thing as he was the one with the actual fangs and claws. Without her wings Abigail appeared as human, her brother not so much. He stood out with his feline attributes. 

She watched Kate leave and let out a small breath she had been holding without realizing it. Abigail waited a few minutes before leaving the bath, drying, and putting on the robe, loving the feel of the cotton against her skin.

Leaving the bathroom she couldn't help but smile at what she saw. Jasper was asleep on the couch, leaning partially over the arm. It didn't look comfortable but she didn't want to wake him up. Entering the bedroom, Abigail found the nightgown and shook her head with a faint smile on her lips.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:38 pm 

Kate walked into the living room to find Jasper slumped over the arm of the couch. His food was all gone. She entered calling his name before she sat beside him and tapped his shoulder. "Come to me, let's go to bed. I will get your plates in the morning. Your sister had her bath and is all ready for bed. You may sleep in in the morning. Sleep with whom you want. You can create a door and escape your nightmares anytime. Would you like to sleep with Abigail?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:01 pm 

Jasper woke with a start, sitting up straight and looking around the room to get his bearings. He rubbed his eyes and stifled a yawn while listening to Kate. How long had he been out? He hadn't meant to fall asleep and couldn't remember when he had finally passed out. 

It was tempting to just curl up on the couch once more, be available should either Kate or Abigail need him. But he had also grown use to sleeping in the same room as Kate. He had only just gotten his sister back and from what he had heard it sounded as though she wanted some time alone. 

Conflicted, his ears lowered slightly and his nails scratched at the couch cushion beside him. 

"Is out here an option?" He asked hesitantly, worried of upsetting Kate.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:30 pm 

Kate smiled, "No. But you may sleep in my third bedroom next to mine. You have a nightmare and think door or me, the meadow, or lake you can get out. I do not want you stiff and sore from sleeping on the couch. I am most likely taking your sister shopping one day this week. I want you with us. I want you to experience the Winterfest Festival. Parts of it are fun like music, puppet shows, food, and dancing. Come on, no shame if you get scared and crawl in bed with me later tonight."
Kate led him the room next to her as his sister was across the hall from her bedroom. In his room was a double bed, writing desk, and armoir. "The privy is down the hall at the end. You will need a lamp or candle stick to see. Clothes are in the armoir. They are mage robes much like I gave you when you arrived in the warehouse. I will keep my door open. You need me knock on the wall."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:59 pm 

Kate was always looking out for him, and Jasper appreciated it. 

As Kate continued, Jasper's ears lowered until they were flat as he remembered how well his last shopping trip had gone. He hoped this one wouldn't be as stressful and humiliating as that had been. It wasn't for him though so maybe it would be better, he could focus on looking after them instead.

Keeping his head down Jasper avoided Kate's eyes. Of course there was shame! He was an ex-pit fighter after all! That small bit of pride he had stamped out came back and Jasper did his best to shove it away.

Following after Kate, Jasper glanced towards the door where his sister had gone. Was she alright? Should he go see her? Turning his attention back to Kate, he smiled when she said he would need a light to see. Thanks to his feline abilities he had fairly decent night vision, it made bright lights like the sun a little hard but proved useful in dark places.

He hoped he would be able to get through the whole night without having to bother Kate. 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:19 pm 

Kate felt awful for him he was strong physically, but mentally he was fighting an inner battle she could only guide. "Hey, no kiss. Jasper. Talk to me. This is beyond being tired. What are you thinking? I feel like I am sending you to the wolves. You have not had a night alone since you arrived. Is this really what you want to sleep alone tonight? Did everything go alright with your sister?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:01 pm 

Jasper didn't speak but stood with his head down, eyes on the floor. It was true, he didn't want to be alone but he also didn't want to bother Kate anymore than he had already done. 

Honestly, everything with his sister had gone fairly well. She had acted like nothing had changed, like they were still kids. He had felt he could trust her. 

With a sigh that was almost a whimper, Jasper turned to face Kate. He looked up once to meet her gaze before ducking his head once more. He wanted to ask for a hug, for something, and he knew Kate had already said he could many times but it was still difficult. 

He knew he had to say something otherwise Kate would keep asking. As his breathing increased in speed, and he could feel himself starting to shake he finally managed to speak.

"I don't want to be alone...not again." The last part was close to a whisper and Jasper's eyes were shut as he tried to hold back tears that had gathered there at the memories that had surged up. Being locked away, abandoned, hurt, and scared with no one to turn to for help.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:42 pm 

Kate watched as he struggled to speak and the tears were enough. She held him a long hug. "Let it go. I got you." She guided him to her room. "Breath, once more. Your sister will understand why your upset. Do you want her? Just nod or shake your head. You can stay with me as long as you want. I will always make sure you are not alone. Your doing so good. Your finding you can speak and not be harmed. I know it is hard."
Kate slowly moved her hand to his chin and tilted his face toward hers, "You are a good man, Jasper. I know you don't believe it. Hun, who are you going to believe those that wished you harm or me who loves you. I am happy your sister is here and she loves you too."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:05 pm 

When Kate hugged him Jasper melted into the touch. His arms wrapped around Kate as he rested his head on her shoulder. He allowed her to guide him to her room, shaking his head no to wanting to get his sister involved. He didn't want to bother her, she had been through enough already. He leaned into her touch, closing his eyes and listening to what she said.

Feeling Kate lifting his chin, Jasper met her gaze and tried to hold it, even though he desperately wanted to look away, to not accept what she was saying as true as his thoughts were telling him to do.

At her question of who he was going to believe Jasper whimpered and pulled away. He knew he should believe Kate, but for so long he had been forced to believe what others had said.  

When the door opened he inhaled sharply and looked to see who had come in. Standing in the doorway, looking ready to attack, was Abigail. Her tattered wings fanned wide behind her.

"What did you do!" She glared at Kate, moving to stand before her. Abigail's gaze moved from her to Jasper, taking in his distressed appearance. Immediately she knelt before him and gripped both of his hands.

"Jaspy, what did she do? Do she hurt you?" Her eyes looked her brother over, searching for any sign of abuse before going back to Kate. "And to think you wanted me to trust you. You've probably got him under some spell so he doesn't see what you're doing. I won't fall for your tricks!" Standing, the winged woman moved to pull Jasper with her but was stopped. She turned to look at him and met his frightened green gaze.

"Come on Jasper, we're getting out of here." Moving to pull him along again, she was once more stopped. Turning her attention back to Kate, Abigail looked ready to kill. "What did you do?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 33  Next