All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:26 am 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Kate gave the boy a wave and held up a pastry to the boy. She mouth and motioned for him to come inside. Kate gave Jasper a silver coin. "Give him a glass of milk and two sweets. He looks a bit small and hungry. It is rare to see a neglected child here. I wonder if he is with the festival travelers. If he's human chances are he is a slave or peasant. I hope he comes inside."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:37 am 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

At first the boy thought the woman was waving to someone else. Looking behind and around him though showed that it was in fact him she was waving over. Hesitantly he stood and entered the bakery, mindful of the watchful eyes of the other customers who were giving him odd looks and clutching their coins a little closer. When he was a few steps from the table he stopped, watching the three people from under his messy hair. Abigail waved from where she said, smiling at the boy in hopes he wouldn't find them threatening.

Jasper did as Kate said and returned to the table in time to make eye contact with the boy. He noticed he had one blue eye, and one brown eye. Studying him, Jasper tried to place how, or even if he had seen him before. He looked human from what he could tell, though a little roughed up and dirty.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:39 am 

Kate held her hand out to the little boy, "I am Kate. What is your name?" This is Jasper and Abby. Would you like a sweet and a glass of milk? Go get two pastries and come sit with us. Jasper will get your treats. I am not going to trick you. I want us to make friends.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:06 am 

The boy took half a step back from Kate's hand, eyeing it warily. When she introduced the other two, the boy carefully looked them over. His attention lingered the longest on Jasper, a spark of recognition in his eyes. The name sounded familiar, and something about the tall man with the feline attributes reminded the boy of something but he couldn't put his finger on it.

He edged closer, eyes never leaving Jasper as he took a seat, perching on the edge and ready to bolt at a moment's notice.

"Matt, my name's Matt." Their was a faint accent to his voice and Jasper found himself studying the boy such as much as he was studying him.

This didn't go unnoticed by Abigail who leaned towards Kate.

"Do you think they know each other?" She whispered to her.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:15 am 

Kate nodded,"I think so. I wonder how? The boy seems to be alone. I do not see anyone with Matt. Matt had to be slave gotten by Malora he is the right age. If he has a brand on his arm with a flur-de-lise he would be hers. I have only saw Malora with a slave twice at the palace. I was a 9 and 11 years old. I heard she likes them young and blond. Other than that I know very little. Jasper would know more. I want him dwell little on the past."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:30 am 

Abigail nodded and sat back in her chair, pondering on how they would figure this out without asking outright. She wondered if there was a way to see Matt's arms to check for this brand without seeming obvious. She also took note of how Matt always kept an eye on the doors as though expecting someone to come in.

"So Matt, what brings you here?" Abigail asked, trying to make it sound as casual as possible. He didn't answer for a few seconds and she wondered if he had even heard her.

"I've got my reasons." Abigail was not satisfied with this answered and narrowed her eyes slightly. He was hiding something.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:37 am 

Kate could tell the boy was nervous, "Matt, can you tell me anything about you. If your scared, I want to help. I have connections in town and if anyone hurts you. I can protect you. Is someone after you?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:48 am 

Matt quickly looked to Kate, searching her face for something, before glancing once more to the doors.

"I've just...done some things I shouldn't have." He said with a small laugh, his hand rubbing the back of his neck. This movement allowed for a brief glimpse at the marked skin of his neck, some sort of tattoo, or maybe a brand.

Abigail had seen it. What had he meant by things he shouldn't have done? Was he some sort of criminal? No, surely he was too young for that. 

Just than, Jasper overheard a woman speaking in a somewhat frantic manner. Turning to where the sound was coming from, his ears twitching, he caught sight of said woman speaking to a couple of grim faced guards. She was pointing into the bakery, causing the guards to look in the same direction. Clearly Matt had noticed this as well as he pulled his hood up, covering most of his face, and kept his head down. Curious, as well as concerned, Jasper looked to Kate and nodded slightly towards the guards who had entered the bakery at that point and were clearly searching for something, or someone.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:00 am 

"Come here and tell me what you did and if you right the wrong or tell my why you did wrong, I can help you. Just promise not to do it again. The lady is upset and tell me why? If you do not tell you will be in much bigger trouble. What happened?"
"Abby do not lose sight of the lady."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:08 am 

Abigail mock saluted Kate before training her eyes on the woman who now stood with two others huddled together.

Matt just shook his head and kept his head down.

"Honestly miss, I can't do that. Can't risk going back, and she's got spies everywhere." Matt watched the guards approach the baker, hearing them asking some questions. He had already been here too long. 

"I have to go." He stood, trying not to draw any attention to himself.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:17 am 

"Matt please stay. I can protect you. I have a lot of good people that can protect little boys. If you run and hide I will never find you."
"Jasper, take the boy to the back of the shop. I will meet the woman."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:23 am 

Matt hesitated. Was this woman really helping him, or was this some sort of ploy? He didn't really have many options so he allowed Jasper to lead him away, glancing once over his shoulder at Kate and Abigail.

"What's the plan?" Abi asked, resting her chin in her hand and propping her elbow on the table as she kept an eye on the woman. "You don't think he's a bad kid do you?" She really hoped this was all just some big misunderstanding and nothing seriously wrong had happened. It just seemed like they never got a moment's rest.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:39 am 

"No. He is a scared little boy and we need to talk to the woman and I would believe the boy first. No one should have a child in his state. I need to hear the woman first. I will protect that child. If he did wrong he should right it. I have feeling something is fishy."

When the woman entered Kate called her over. "My Lady, before we do anything please sit down and tell me what is wrong. Sir Reginald, I will handle this matter. If we need to get Papa involved I see to it. Now, tell me who you are please."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:47 am 

The woman entered, followed by the other two whom Abigail assumed were her friends. She sat down calmly enough when addressed by Kate but flew back into her fit when asked what was wrong.

"Oh my dear, it is most dreadful! An escaped slave is here within our very town." She fanned herself, dramatically if you asked Abigail. "A rather nice sum of money has been placed on him for whoever returns him to his mistress." Abigail didn't like where this was going.

"Who's his mistress?" She asked, afraid of what she was going to be told. The woman looked to the winged woman as though she had asked the dumbest question ever.

"Why Lady Malora of course. Apparently the slave somehow got out of his chains, severely injured a guard, and got away with one of her necklaces. Should be killed if you asked me, nothing more than a problem."

"Or sent to the Pits." One of the others added. 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:55 am 

Kate frowned and leaned over the table, "Are you telling me Lady Malora is here in town? Where are you two from? Are you here for the festival?"
Kate reached under the table and squeezed Abby's thigh then patted it. She hoped the winged woman would play along.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:29 am 

Abigail tried to keep her face calm, not wanting to signal anything to these women. She was just as eager for the answers to Kate's questions. 

She felt Kate's hand on her leg and nearly jumped. She suspected Kate's plan had launched and she remained silent, waiting for the women to answer.

"Just outside the town my dear, not far at all." The first woman replied.

"And the festival is part of why we're here, yes." The second said. Before they answered whether or not Lady Malora was here they both looked at one another.

"I think Lady Malora was only going to be here for a few days." The first woman answered.

"Yes, trying to find her slave. Must mean a lot to her if she came all this way." The second added.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:57 pm 

Kate tried to remain calm, "If I find the boy, I will be sure to return him. May I have your names and where you are staying? I hope you enjoy your visit. Do either of you know why Malora is here? The last I heard she was angry at her brother and left to marry a famous sorcerer. Is she still with him?"
*It is odd she'ed dare be here, after being banished. Maybe I will get to find out why she gave Jasper to me. Jasper, keep the boy hidden. Malora is in town and let the boy know I and Abby are playing a game. Matt is safe with you and soon we are going back to my suite. Malora if she is here will try to make arrangements to see Papa. I will find out why my Aunt is in town.*

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:37 pm 

The women gave Kate their names, Maria and Nell, as well as the name of a small inn they were staying at. They didn't know much as to why Malora was here or what was happening regarding the woman. As they left, Abigail let out a deep breath.

"Well that went well." She said sarcastically, rolling her eyes as she said it. "What are you going to do? You can't just turn Matt over to that ---" Abigail stopped herself before she finished that sentence. 

Jasper had heard everything and had frozen. Matt noticed this and snapped his fingers in front of the man's face.

"You okay?" He asked, watching the women leave. Jasper simply nodded before hearing what Kate was telling him. 

Abigail pulled her attention back to Kate, having watched the women leave with a glare.

"What do you want me to do?" She asked, not wanting to be left out of whatever was going on. 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:18 pm 

Kate awaited for the women to leave. " Jasper I am fine. I just we can pull this off. Abby I want you to take Mat back to my suite at the mage guild. Mat you can get cleaned up and eat. I have food. What do you like? I will bring it. I am going keep Jasper with me and seek out Malora. She gave Jasper to me and I want to find out why and what she is up to? She will expect me have Jasper with me. I am sorry hun. I will not allow her to hurt you. I will make sure were out in public. She is banished and not allowed here. Besides slavery is illegal and she knows it or at least should."
Kate handed her a skeleton key on a gold chain along with an amulet and various charms that were school related.
Kate faced Mat, "I understand why you ran. I want you to stay with Miss Abby. She will take to a safe place. What did you take from your mistress? Show it to me please. I am going to ask you to be brave, mind Miss Abby, and run like the wind. I want you to get a branch and drag it on the ground to cover your foot prints. I will get you new clothes and do not talk to anyone. I am going to free you just as I have Jasper. Abby go out the back door and go to my room. The key will run bright red as you get closer to my room. Everything is marked inside the school. Do not get caught. I will join you as soon as I can. Once you are in the school just go to my room and pretend you live there. Burn Mat's rags and dress him in what you like in my spare room. I keep clothes for Johh when he visits."

Kate faced Matt again, "Are you hurt? Do not hide the facts. I can heal your wounds?"

Kate stood up, "Jasper, we are going to Heidie's. We must find my Aunt. Take a moment get your courage. I am sorry to put you through this. I will not let her hurt you or speak ill toward you. I need you to play your part. Keep your temper in check. You will not like this and I know it. Remember I hate this too."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:54 pm 

Abigail looked to Matt before back to Kate, accepting the key and various other things she was handed. Matt, at the mention that Jasper had also been in the possession of Lady Malora quickly looked to him, trying to figure out just who he was.

As Kate addressed him he focused on her instead. When she asked him to show her the necklace he stole he almost laughed.

"No can do, m'lady. That necklace is long gone, probably in the next town by now." At her instructions he saluted her and turned to Abigail who was ready to go. He had many questions to ask but they would have to wait until later. He stopped when he heard Kate asking if he was hurt.

He didn't have too many injuries, Malora didn't want his pretty face all bruised up. He had bruised his shoulder during the escape, and had scraped up his shins and knuckles, but otherwise he was fine.

Jasper had remained silent during all this, he lifted his head slightly as Kate spoke to him next. His fear was evident, having to face his old mistress so soon. What if she tried something? Would she try to take him back. Questions of this sort flashed before him, a soft whine making audible his worry.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 33  Next