All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:11 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Jasper listened to Kate, still with his head down, his tail flicking back and forth from time to time as she explained the rooming situation. He wasn't too keen on being carried again, too use to fending for himself in even the harshest conditions. But he knew Kate wouldn't let him go on his own anyways. At the mention of Fluffy, Jasper quickly looked up, meeting Kate's eye. A look of panic crossed Jasper's face and suddenly the idea of being carried didn't seem that bad anymore. He made a mental note to avoid this cat at all costs.

It was still with a little surprise when Kate picked him up, holding him over her shoulder. He once again felt grateful that his feline form didn't allow for a blush to show, enabling him to hide some of his embarrassment coming from the affection. He had never been called adorable, or anything like that before, having always been seen as a fighter, or just a dirty slave. He agreed with Kate's comment on the kisses sending him into hiding, and with a small sigh he rested his chin on her shoulder. 

When Kate asked him about playing in the snow, Jasper lifted his head and looked up to her. It was true he had never snow before, and the idea of playing in it intrigued him. Though the idea of play still felt foreign to him.

"I don't think I know how." He admitted quietly, referring to playing in the snow. As soon as he said it, he once more lowered his head.

When they entered Kate's room, Jasper was not expecting the frilly pillows. Looking down at them questioningly and back to Kate, his attention was then brought to her hand on his paw. He didn't pull away, instead resting his chin on one of the pillows he let out a soft sigh. At her final question Jasper wasn't sure how to answer. He enjoyed being with Kate, felt safe around her, and even a need to protect her, but he didn't want to intrude on her own rest.

"You don't need to stay, you need to rest as well." He answered, meeting her green eyes with his blue. He left out that he didn't want to be a burden, anymore than he already was.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:38 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Kate held his paw as she sat next to him, "Papa would not agree with me being so gentle with you. I want you to be happy, feel safe, and experience all you have missed as a child. When you are ready, you can hug me, talk to me, share your fears, thoughts, and wants. Look at me in the eyes. I care about you and wish I could erase your fears. I know you fear so much. Jasper, you can snuggle up against me anytime. You want a hug or need assurance your doing the right thing hold my hand. Try to look me in the eyes. I truly care about your feelings. You can tell me anything and get hit or hurt. You say so little. You can say anything to me. Do you want me hold you? Anything just ask."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:01 am 

Jasper was happy Kate stayed, even if it made things both easier and more difficult. He heard what she said, about wanting him to be happy, to make up for what he had missed as a child. Could he remember when he had last been truly happy? Would he ever be ready to do anything of those things? He was caught a little off guard by some of what Kate said. She cared for him more than anyone he could think of, having no memories of his own parents.

He could feel a tightness in his chest, a sensation becoming all to familiar with everything that was happening. Everything he knew wasn't true here, or was frowned upon, but he didn't know any better. It was his entire way of life. Jasper wanted to be able to be close with someone, but didn't want to overstep his boundaries. Closing his eyes, he tried to get his breathing back under control before he panicked, feeling faint tremors coursing over him.

"I don't know what to do." He wasn't aware he had spoken this out loud, though it was little more than a whisper.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:30 am 

Kate held his paw and brushed his fur, "You mentioned you never played in snow, Jon, Sara, and I will teach you. We have snow ball fights, build snow families and snow forts , and make snow angels. After being in the snow we thaw by the fire and drink hot chocolate and roast chestnuts and pop popcorn. We tell stories and sing carols. Jasper, are doing well just being yourself. Your used to being told what to do, correct? There is no right or wrong way to act right now. Your in a place of being. You want to snuggle that is ok. You want to hold my hand, that is ok. Mating is forbidden unless going through to courting ritual. We are friends, you and I. Consider me your teacher. You have questions about anything ask. Can you ask without being hit? The answer is yes. Can you snuggle up to me? Yes. Can you speak freely here in my room, outside, in the carriage, when we walk beside each other, yes. Can you go to the kitchen, yes anytime you want and you can sit beside me at the dining room table? Once you have table manners, yes. Can you make snow ball and throw them at me? yes." Kate smiled and patted his paw lightly. I can hold you paw? May I hug you? You can hug me anytime you want one. Can you laugh and cry when you need to. Yes you can always around me."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:37 am 

Jasper listened to Kate talking about the snow. From the way she described it, it sounded like a very strange activity. Once more, at the change in topic, Jasper was caught off guard. Had he spoken out loud? Kate wasn't suppose to hear that. Lowering his ears, Jasper remained still as Kate continued. He was confused when she said there was no right or wrong way to act, having  been told the exact opposite all his life, but continued listening without a word. 

When Kate had finished Jasper felt torn. He wanted to be open with Kate, to do what she wanted. He wanted to be able to accept physical affection without shying away or feeling uncomfortable but just couldn't bring himself to do it. Not yet. He wanted to be able to speak freely, something he had been denied for so long it was foreign to do otherwise. He already felt the shame of appearing so weak. He was a pit fighter, trained to be the strongest, to keep his feelings locked away as more often then not they would get you killed. However, in the short time he had been with Kate, Jasper had broken down, and allowed for his feelings to take control. Underneath it all, Jasper could feel anger at himself for allowing this to happen. 

Without thinking, Jasper pulled his paw from Kate's hand and moved so he was sitting next to her. He lightly leaned against her, his head down, too tired and confused in his own thoughts to think too much about it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:01 am 

Kate placed her tail over him, "You are doing all the right things and it is the best you can do for the 2nd day. Breath easy and rest." The mage hummed a lullaby. She placed her hand on his forehead as he closed his eyes. She sent him a dream of the summer garden. He was dressed in a cotton tan tunic and cotton brown pants with brown leather shoes. The smell of roses, Jasmin, and lilies permeated the air. A small fountain of cascading water was in the middle of a colorful and fragrant flower garden. Kate was beside him picking flowers in a basket. There was an empty basket between them. "Go ahead pick them and we can pick herbs too. You want to help me divide crowded flowers and replant them. Take this trowel and dig up the bulbs then pull the plants apart and replant. Then I can take to the cook's garden and we pick herbs that Ann uses on meats, veges and fruits." Kate took him from garden to garden. The scean changed back to the lake from the nightmare during the night. "Go where you want. Your safe."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:25 am 

Jasper felt himself relax a fraction as he drifted to sleep. When the dream began he found himself a little disoriented, not recognizing the location. Glancing around the garden, he noticed Kate beside him and calmed slightly. When she prompted him to pick the flowers with her, Jasper tilted his head to the side a bit, never having been much of a gardener. Thankfully, Kate gave him instructions to follow, something he did know how to do. Doing as she said, Jasper knelt next to her and did as he had been told. It was almost relaxing to be doing this, follow what Kate said and performing the simple tasks. When they had finished the scene changed to one Jasper recognized. He looked to Kate for instruction, but was simply told to do what he wanted. Biting his lower lip, Jasper looked around where they stood, not knowing where he wanted to go, or even what he wanted to do. 

Hesitantly, he picked a direction at random and took a few steps, looking back to Kate as though expecting some sort of repercussion. When none came, Jasper continued, studying the area as he went. It seemed even in his dreams he was still urged to follow orders and do as was told, getting to do his own thing was a strange feeling. He briefly wondered if this was what it was like to be free. Carefully, Jasper removed his shoes in favour of going barefoot. His feline ears swiveled, picking up on all the little sounds around him. Spotting a few trees not far from where he was, Jasper made his way to them and soon found himself wanting to climb one of the strong trunks. He could remember climbing trees when he was younger, but hadn't done anything of the sort since. Choosing one of the taller trees, Jasper quickly scaled the trunk, and had maneuvered in the branches until he could comfortably rest while watching the surrounding area. It still felt unfamiliar, almost wrong to be doing such things, and he couldn't help but wonder if he should return to Kate and apologize for his behaviour. 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:55 am 

Kate watch him climb and see her from his perch. The mage removed her socks ad shoes and sat on a log by the lake. She placed her feet in the water and alternated lifting her legs. "Here your free do and say anything. Only I can here you. Is this place real on the outside? Yes, a few miles from the manor? It's frozen over. Would you like to see what it looks like in Winter? We can take a sleigh ride once your healed and you are not afraid to meet people. I can introduce to my and Jon's friends. No one has to know your a slave. That ring Papa gave you, is between you and him. Did I tell you he was once a slave? He knows what you are going through better than I or Jon. His master freed Papa, taught him how to run the shire, then gave him all the shire. The shire will go to Jonn when Papa dies. You can stay here all your life and work. I plan to live here after I finish college. I want a shop in town and house in the garden district. In the fall I go to Seville, the home of the King's palace. You may come with me. I will attend the University there. You can live with me as long as you want."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:13 pm 

Jasper watched Kate carefully from his place. When she said this place was a real location, not just a dream one, Jasper was curious to see it. He listened to her speaking of meeting others and wanted to apologize for making these ideas have to wait. He had to learn that not everyone was going to hurt him, and that wasn't going to happen in a day, it would take some time to understand that everyone wasn't like Malora. It still baffled Jasper that the two were related, being so different from one another. 

He was surprised by what he heard next. Lord Lyons had been a slave? That didn't seem possible. Climbing back down the tree and coming to sit next to Kate, Jasper listened with curiosity. It was an incredible story, one he didn't think actually happened. Pulling his knees up and wrapping his arms around them, Jasper sat quietly next to Kate, thinking about everything she had just told him.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:32 pm 

Kate removed her feet out of the water, "You know, I think you are a likeable and friendly young man. You will overcome being shy once you are not fearful of being harmed. I know the life you had was cruel and the thinks you were forced to do were terrible. The were not your fault. You had to survive and that you are very brave. You are brave. You say that you do not know what to do? Jasper, I never want to be like my Aunt Malora and be mean to you. How can I put you at ease? I know everything is new. Tell me, how I should talk to you? This just has to be overwhelming, being in a strange place. I am trying not to bring up your previous life. I see lords and ladies with their slaves always ordering them to fetch and carry. I am not oblivious to seeing slaves passed off at night to serve others. What are things you have wanted to be able do and not been allowed? Maybe that will help break you in to my world? What if every morning you tell me a food you want to try or something you were forbidden to touch. I saw your pass over a swatch of silk. Would you like to know what it feels like? Do you want things that are familiar to you? How would like to see Papa's weapons room? He has a collection of weapons that go back centuries. In his weapons room are fighting dummies would you like to keep your skills? There is nothing wrong with you practicing to fight. As a healer mage I would want you to take time and heal. Your my protector; will you keep a secret? In this kingdom women are tot allow to wield a sword. Papa trained me and Jon to sword fight with wooden weapons since able to walk. Jon was give a live bladed swords once he turned 13. I never have. Would you test me? I want to know if I am any good. Papa has a special suit he wears when he and Jon spar. Can we call it a trade? You teach me how to fight and I will teach you how to live as a citizen of the shire. I want to take you dances, banquets, and to Friday night music sessions at Heidi's. Do you want to learn how to play an instrument?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:50 pm 

Jasper could feel a faint blush on his face and turned away from Kate, not use to being complemented. As she continued, Jasper lowered his ears, and rested his chin on his knees with a sigh, images of what he had done under his old mistress' treatment coming back to him. When Kate started asking him questions he turned back to face her, trying to process everything and give her an answer. His fingers absently played with a few strands of grass as he tried to think of a way she could help him. He wanted to tell Kate that what she was doing was fine, she was being more than patient with him, treating him better than he thought he deserved, but he couldn't make the words come. As she asked more questions, Jasper tried to keep up, growing frustrated at himself for his inability to give an answer. At the mention of getting to keep up his fighting skills, Jasper felt himself perk up a little. This was something he was familiar with, something he knew how to do without training or orders. It wasn't for the best of reasons that he had learned how to fight, even fight fairly in some circumstances, but it was what he had been raised doing, among other things. 

As Kate asked him if he could keep a secret, Jasper met her gaze as he listened. What she said about women not being able to wield a sword he already knew, so when she mentioned that she had been trained with one Jasper was surprised. To him, at least from the little he knew, Kate didn't seem like the type to fight, at least not with a sword. When she asked him to test her, calling it a trade, Jasper wasn't sure how to answer. If she asked him to do something he was obliged to do it, though it would seem she was trying to get him out of this way of thinking. When a few moments had passed Jasper tried to answer Kate.

"I...I would love to test your fighting skills." He admitted with a small smile and blush, meeting Kate's eyes before turning his gaze to the lake before them. When a few more seconds had gone by Jasper spoke quietly once more, his green cat eyes on the waterline.

"Kate...thank you."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:07 am 

Kate smiled widely as she faced him, "I could hug and kiss you. Would you really share your talent with me? You have me so happy. Jasper, thank you. We have to spar when Papa is away. There is no reason we cannot train together. There are times I see Jon and Papa train alone. I do not want to smother you. If you wish to train alone, please tell me. I want you well before you resume. Your wounds, when they will not reopen and the gash on your leg is healed; you may resume training. Jasper please let me know if you are in pain." Kate pointed to his head, "Your mind." She pointed at his chest, "Your heart and soul", and she pointed at his stomach, "Your body. The way you handled this morning was good." Kate's face softened and she turned her head to match his downward gaze, "I told you there be time you would feel distress. You had a panic attack this morning. This is not a bad thing. It means your soul and heart are healing. Your a fighter. I get that men don't cry thing. Inside you is a frighted little boy and he has to come out and crying is part of being human. If you do not let him out, you will go mad. Your not weak Jasper. You proved that by staying alive. Now, your can let that little boy out the kitten has already become a cat. The feeling in the pit of your stomach will ease after you been here a few months. I promise. I feel it too every time I visit the king's palace. See I...I can not believe I am admitting this to you. I have a terrible fear of getting on my father's trade ship named for my mother. It's a long story, when I was little. Circumstances I do not understand...well my mother died at sea and her coffin opened as the unloaded her body and her arm fell partially out.... Jasper it was horrifying. When I try to walk on the gang plank I panic like you did in the store. I am afraid to get on get on "The Catelynn." Papa has to carry me in my fox form and carry me to the family cabin. I feel my stomach in my throat thinking about it. I no longer cry but it happens... I feel better the next day as long as the sea is calm."

Last edited by LadyKate43 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:51 am 

Hearing Kate expressing her happiness over him agreeing to help her, Jasper quickly turned to face her, fearing she would follow through with what she said. When it was clear nothing would happen, Jasper relaxed and returned his focus to the water. He was happy that Kate was happy, and simply because he was going to help her improve her fighting skills. He could once more feel the blush creeping over his face at her thanks. Jasper found himself thinking about his own fighting, remembering old techniques and tricks to use against your opponent to turn the fight in your favour. It was when Kate mentioned his wounds that Jasper returned his attention to the present. He had fought in much worse condition, and training was nothing compared to a life or death fight, but he knew Kate wanted him well and didn't want to see him injured.

When Kate brought up this morning Jasper tensed, ashamed for what had happened. Kate seemed to see it as a good thing, and as she explained it to him he wondered just how much she knew. He wanted to shield himself, fearing how accurate she had been in describing what he was feeling. His ears pulled flat, Jasper kept his eyes on the water, not wanting to meet Kate's just than. However, when he heard the change in her voice, he immedietly looked to her, ears up and listening carefully. When she had finished telling him of her own troubles, Jasper wanted to comfort her, hating seeing her upset. Lightly, he placed his hand over hers, his eyes full of concern.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:04 am 

Kate placed her hand over his. The fighter cared he understood. She smiled and shook her head, "Your not used to talking. What would my aunt do if you spoke? I remember her before she met the dark lord. She was kind, always had lavish gifts and wanted the best of things. She turned horrid after she married him. Papa tried to stop her now she's banished from the entire kingdom."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:16 am 

Jasper closed his eyes and sighed at the question. He knew he should answer, after all, he knew Kate's dislike for her aunt and his previous mistress. He knew she wasn't like her. Opening his eyes, Jasper focused on the grass once more.

"S...she would have me beaten, threaten to do permanent damage." His ears lowered at the memories, reliving some of the experiences in his mind. Many of his scars came from his punishments, some reaching back to when he had just been a boy. He could remember the more he struggled or cried out the worse it got. He was taught at a young age to keep quiet. 

He had sometimes wondered if his mistress had always been like this, and Kate had confirmed that she hadn't been. 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:24 am 

Kate looked over to him, "That is so mean and unfair. You have a calm and soothing voice. I like to hear you speak and love to hear your purr. I know so little about you. Would you...are you able to express what
you like about your first day and tell me if you hurt?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:39 am 

Jasper wasn't sure when, if ever, he would get use to hear compliments of any sort. When he thought back he realized that Kate had told him so much about herself, and he had given very little in return. In his opinion there wasn't much to know as what he could remember was his life as a slave and pit fighter, things Kate already knew, or had some idea of. Thinking over the day, he tried to think of what he had liked. So many things had happened, some better than others. 

"I liked meeting Ann." He admitted. "And seeing a bit of the area." With Malora he had had very little opportunity to see much of anything outside the stone walls and arena. It was nice being able to get some idea of the land. When Kate asked if he hurt, he wanted to say no. The physical injuries weren't causing any more pain than he could deal with, but it was the non-physical pain that he struggled with. It was a new feeling, and not one he knew how to express.

"The injuries are fine but..." Biting his lip Jasper tried to find the words to get the point across but failed. Sighing in defeat, his shoulders slumped slightly and his ears lowered.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:04 am 

Kate faced him as she sat on the log, "Ann is sweet and she is a comfort. I have known her all my life. I have no quick fix for the little boy. You will have good memories in time. This is a happy time of year; it can get hectic with lots of people, and noisy. If you need a quiet place please let me or Ann know. Jasper we host the first ball the manor is full of people. You want to stay upstairs you can; it's not much notice the party begins in three weeks. You can help if you want. Do not over do it. I would like to begin by decorating your room. We have greenery to decorate your mantel, candles, and a holiday bedspread. You can help decorate my room. Get lots of rest as I do not want you missing out of some of the festivities. I talked your arm off. Your head needs a rest."
Kate let him rest and let him adjust to the household routine. Ann brought him breakfast. Kate kept him in his cat form and mostly to her room for the next two weeks. She encouraged him to talk, showed him the first year primer, reviewed the alphabet, worked little math, and read him stories mostly folklore about dragons. By the end of the 2nd week he was able to take short walks outside. The bruises were barely visible and he was having meals in the dining room with the family. Ann spent the 2nd week teaching him manors and protocols living in a manor. Vincent showed him how to dress, how to act around nobility. Kate reminded him just fallow her lead and watch her father. He was a quick study.It was Sunday of his 3rd week. The servants were busy cleaning house, polishing silver, and it was breakfast. Ann fixed a huge breakfast, eggs, pancakes, sausage, hash browns, fresh fruit, and assorted juices, coffee and tea.
Lord Lyons was reading his daily news paper.
Kate held Jasper's hand as she led him into the dining room. She wore a white satin blouse with covered buttons and pin tucks gathered at the waist. She hat a green velvet waist coat and full satin and velvet green skirt with winter underpinnings. Vincent dressed Jasper in a silk poets shirt, formal black attire no tails. His black leather shoes were newly polished to a shine. Lyons and Jon stood as Kate entered.
Lyons waited for the couple to be seated, "I have a formal invitation that we will be spending the day in uptown at the Coach and Six. The royal family has asked us to dinner. Jasper, you will spend the day as Kate's companion. Any weapons you carry will be concealed as the King has own elite guard. This unexpected and you will be expected to dance. The waltz is easy. I suggest you wear very light armor and throwing weapons only. I do not want you passing out. There are other guests this will be a small gathering. You do not let Kate out of your sight. You watch Jon for ques. I will tell you how to act. I expect you to be nervous that will keep you alert and on your toes."
Kate held his hand under the table and squeezed it. "Dancing is like learning to fight only no one gets hurt. Stepping on toes perhaps."
Jon snickers and Sara giggles.
Lyons waves his palms up and down, "Simmer down. All of you. You will keep your own room. Jasper you will remain with Kate. I expect you may see people from your previous life. You speak upon spoken to little as possible. The best position for you is at Kate's side. Kate make Jasper look good, dance very little tonight. Sit and talk to your friends or something, amuse Princess Amanda that's an order, Kate."
Kate stuck her tongue out and pointed at her mouth. She leaned over toward Jasper, "Bossy, Spoiled Brat."
Lyons sat down, "Eat your breakfast we leave right after."
Sara had arrived the night before she had been attending her school in the next kingdom. The girl was blond with long ringlet curls, sapphire blue eyes, and wore fine blue satin, dress with a ruffled hem. Matching over jacket with a tightly pleated bodice. She was slightly larger than Kate with a fuller chest.
She was the carbon copy of Malora in curls and had the same upturned thin nose. Sara had a pleasant soft eyes and a sweet smile. Her voice was soft with the accent of the western highlands.
Sara saw Kate sitting next to a slightly bruised, young cat-man, with green cat like eyes, his longer shoulder length hair tied back with a black silk ribbon. The blond waited for her father to stop talking, "You must be Jasper. Kate wrote and told me about you. I have your picture in my locker. Your the top fighter in you class. Kate he's famous. She digs in her purse and hands him a book across the table, "Can I have your autograph. I would hate going up against you. What happened? It was not a fair fight a four on one? How could they throw the match like that? That just burns my croaw. Bet you caught hell. Hell Cat they set you up? Besides....how did you get here? Kate did you save his life?"
Kate wagged her finger at Sara. "I have no idea what you are talking about. Yea, he was a wreck when he arrived. His name is Jasper and he lives with us now. He is off the circuit."
Sara whistles, "Whew cat. You can't take him off Kate. His fans are everywhere. Papa can she do it? Can she just take him off like that." She snapped her fingers. "I bet King Atrius is got lords breathing down his neck to release him."
Kate blinked and lunged toward her father, her fist on the table, "Is that what he wants to take Jasper back/ I won't let him have Jasper. He's come so far." Kate eyes pool with water and streak her cheeks."I love him. Papa, do not let them take Jasper. Please." Kate hugs her gift and smooths his hair, "It's true Jasper. I do love you. One more month I will be of age. I made Jasper a promise he can stay."
Lyons sat and shook his head, "No one is taking Jasper. You Godfather and I have an agreement all slaves seeking freedom can live their lives here. King Atrious just want to meet him and see us. That's all."
Kate sniffled and released Jasper, "If this is a trick. I will teleport him to the mage guild. I am not giving him back. Draco can't have him. Not without a fight. "

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:30 am 

Jasper listened to Kate, appreciating how considerate she was of his view on people at the moment. The idea of being around a whole manor of people was almost sickening. 

Getting use to the new routines of the household didn't take very long. Having more or less of a schedule helped give Jasper a sense of what he was suppose to be doing, even if it was only simple things for now. He was still hesitant to speak, but was slowly become more comfortable with Kate, and a select few others. He did his best to understand what she was teaching him, though much of it confused him to no end and frustrated him with how easy Kate made it when he still couldn't catch on. The stories she read him though always amazed him, and he enjoyed the time spent together. 

It was with relief when he was finally able to go outside, even if the walks were short. Having spent the week learning from both Ann and Vincent, Jasper wasn't sure how much more he could take in without forgetting something. It helped that Kate reminded him to follow her lead and watch those around him. 

It was as Kate was leading him to the dining room on his third week that Jasper decided that he wasn't a fan of the formal wear. It was a hassle to get on, making sure everything was right, and ended up just being uncomfortable, often very warm, and to him just plain odd. As they took their seats and Lord Lyons began speaking of an invitation to dinner with the royal family Jasper felt his stomach twist but forced himself not to show anything as he listened to what was being said. He had no concerns with being Kate's companion for the night, but dancing? Of course, he made no objections. He felt Kate squeeze his hand and turned to face her. At her explanation and comparison of dancing to fighting, and the following laughs of the others Jasper tilted his head slightly, not entirely sure if he believed this or not.

He knew that seeing people from his past was inevitable, but the idea of it still terrified him. These would likely be people who had hit him, scorned him, or even watched him in the pits. He needed no prompting to be nervous, or to be told not to speak. He felt Kate lean towards him and state her opinion on this Princess Amanda. Smiling briefly to her, Jasper soon dropped his eyes at Lyons announcement of leaving soon.

When Sara had arrived the night before, Jasper had heard a few things about her. When he actually saw her he couldn't help but see the resemblance to Malora. He wasn't yet sure how he felt about her. It wasn't long before he heard her speak up. Looking to her as she spoke, Jasper quickly glanced to Kate when Sara mentioned that she had written her about him. He wasn't expecting someone like this and was confused when she handed him a book. Looking from it to Kate, Jasper silently begged for some help, not understanding what was going on. He could remember the fight Sara spoke of, but that didn't mean he had liked it. Grateful when Kate interrupted, Jasper relaxed a bit but soon felt all the tension return when the conversation turned. Jumping at the sudden commotion, Jasper soon found himself being hugged and wondering if he had heard correctly. When it was repeated, Jasper was shocked but still he carefully hugged Kate back, hoping to express his own feelings without words. 

When Kate released him, Jasper held her hand in his own, squeezing it gently. He still hated seeing her upset.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:15 pm 

Kate gave him a return squeeze and looked Jasper in the eyes with a wink and nod; she whispered in his ear, "Jasper, no words needed. She held him and she knew he was loved and the feeling was returned. We are in this together your not alone anymore." Kate gave the book back to Sara, "That life is over. This is the last time you speak of the fighter. He is starting a new life with us."
Sara sat down and kept her eye on Jasper, "Kate, seriously. You love him. Jasper, do you know in for? Oh Kate. He's a killer."
Kate leaned over the table toward Sara, "Will you meet me in the parlor. Papa may be excused?"
Lyons sucked in a deep breath, "Both of you sit and eat your breakfast. Sara in my study after you eat. Jasper is part of the family and he is not allowed to fight for sport. Remove the stars from your eyes. He is not to be idolized."
Kate sat back down and turned to Jasper and whispers, "She is infatuated with gladiators. You're like a idol to her. She will simmer down once Papa talks to her. No doubt she will want to know your past. She is just 13 and thinks your super Cat. You be yourself and best not encourage her. I meant every word I said. Sorry if I got you upset?"
Jon filled his plate pretended to ignore the heated conversation and ate his breakfast.
Kate passed platters and bowls of food to Jasper. Kate felt his tension and wonder what he was thinking about all the fuss over him. She was concerned he would not eat. Kate faced him and held his hand he felt the warmth of he mana. "Breath and calm. You need to relax. Ignore Sara. Your past changed the moment I found you. Deep breath and one more. Your not the same person you were." Kate felt her words did not help. Panic was across his face. "Papa, I and Jasper need to be excused." Quickly Kate stood up she saw Jasper struggling to keep his composure. "Follow me to the servant's quarters. I am taking you to Ann's room."
Kate held him by his waist and loosened his shirt collar in the kitchen. She opened the hidden door."Ann, Sara and I upset him. Bring some ginger tea and a peppermint stick please."
Kate led him to Ann's bed and removed his coat and shoes. She placed a pillow behind his head. Ann arrived moments later with tea and handed him the peppermint stick, "There you are Dear. I heard every word. Your no killer, Dear. Your gentle as a lamb. This tea will calm you." Ann sat beside him and held the cup. "Kate, I got this. You go down and finish your breakfast." Ann unbuttoned his shirt and rubbed his left foot. "You let the family go on. We will join them later. Hush now. Close your eyes."
Kate silently crept out and closed the door behind her. Ann stayed with him as he calmed and his heart rate lowered.
Sara frowned at Kate, "What's wrong with Jasper?"
Kate scowled at her, "Jasper, is not like Jon or Papa. He not well. Physically he looks healed. His soul is healing. He needs quiet. Just as Jon and Papa after battle. Ann is with him and she knows what to do. Sara he is adjusting to us and he panics if we raise our voices and fuss over him."
Sara takes a bite of eggs, "Will he be like that forever?"
Kate fixed her plate with fruit and sausage, "Not forever. It will take him months or years to face his demons. He is no gladiator Sara. He was made to fight or die. He is a man in chains in a wall of confusion. He has to battle every second to unlearn what was beaten into him. Aunt Malora was cruel to him and he is gentle. All we can give him is kindness and help keep things calm as he unlearns from his captivity. You let talk about his past and teach him to have fun and play. These are foreign to him. The Kings arrival is an unexpected visit. I fear he will taken away until I am legal age next month. Papa, I do love him. He is the best gift I ever had."
Lyons sighs, "You're doing well with him and standing by him. Leave him with Ann. It's time to go."
The family left and Ann stayed with Jasper until he fell asleep. She left his room to clean up. One of the maids heard him holler for Kate an hour later. It was 2:00p.m. when a young girl of 12 opened his door. "Ello, Sir. Me names Mina. Ya needs 'elp?" She slowly approached his bed side and his face was covered in sweat. Mina poured cool water from the basin and watered a wash cloth from a basket and rushed to mop his face. "Ya. The cat they call Jasper. I 'eard of ya. Miss Sara, was she right? Is ya The Hell Cat?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 33  Next