All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:44 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Abigail listened carefully to what Kate said. If she had been questioning what had happened before, her words did nothing to settle this. When Abigail heard that Jasper had been beaten her wings unfurled and her short nails dug into the table. Her protective big sister instincts were kicking in again. The image of the Jasper she knew and the one before her now were simply not adding up.

As Kate asked if they were done, Abigail snatched a roll before nodding.

Jasper nodded as well without a word. The excitement of finding his sister had worn off and wanted to spend some time alone, or at least without too much going on. 

Abigail watched as her brother's shoulders drooped, and he appeared to be trembling slightly? Worried, she looked to Kate, feeling it would be better for her to do something as she seemed to have a good relationship with Jasper.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:43 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Kate placed her hand in Jasper's and leaned toward him, "Speak freely. Why are you shaking? You may walk beside your sister. She needs to know your life as you need to learn hers. I will lead you to my suite."

Kate released Jasper's hand and stepped ahead the siblings, "This way. Abigail, your brother is very sensitive to emotions and gesters. He can smell you anger, fear, happiness, and sadness. He is very kind and detests violence and anger. He loves affection but his body is not use to a gental touch. He is patient and sweet. I love him very much. He is not afraid to fight and I never met anyone so obedient and with control over his mind and body. He is willing to try new things."
Kate looked behind her and grinned widely, "I could not be prouder of him. These few weeks have been tough and he is faced the challenges head on. You never have to raise your voice to him."

Kate led them up and down corridors to her suite among the hall of Senior Class Mages. There was a plaque on her door in gold letters, "Valedictorian, Healer Mage, Lady Katherine Lyons."
Kate looked at the plaque, "I had no idea they would do that. I hate being titled, I will replace that with Mage Kate."
The mage waved her hand over the door; the lock clicked and the door opened. Kate stepped into the threshold, "Please make yourselves at home. I have robes and gowns you may wear in my room. You need anything there is a bell pull by my bed and one in the kitchen."
Kate showed them around and turned down her bed for them. She showed them toiletries in the bathroom, "Use anything I have and let the housekeeper know if you need anything. He will knock the door twice and await you to open the door before she enters. You have a favorite food or drink she will get it."
Kate returned to the main living room, "Jasper, enjoy yourself and relax." The mage hugged him and kissed his cheek, "I will be back. No goodbyes and no tears."
The mage faced Abigail and smiled, "Take care. I hope you can rest. I apologize you were not given a warm welcome. I hope I can make that up. Should you need me, ring the housekeeper and ask for me. The mages will contact me and I will arrive immediately. Is there anything you need before I go?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:11 am 

Jasper felt Kate's hand in his own and relax a fraction.

"I don't know, I just..." He sighed. "I don't know." Dropping his gaze Jasper tried to answer Kate's question. 

As the three got up, Jasper felt in to step with Abigail, feeling her tattered wing brush against his arm. He could feel her eyes on him from time to time but kept his either ahead or down. 

As they walked, Abigail listened to what Kate said about her brother, noticing the faint blush on his cheeks as the mage spoke. She realized that some things never changed. Jasper had always hated violence, part of why he had avoided coming to the arena with her until she had forcefully dragged him. She also knew about his secret love of affection and had used it against him more than once, but if what Kate was saying was true, she may have to be careful now.

Jasper glanced up briefly when Kate turned, noting her grin and returning a small shy smile of his own before looking away once more. 

As the trio entered Kate's room, Jasper cast an eye around while Abigail stood next to him with her arms crossed. She watched as Jasper was pulled into a hug and kissed by Kate. He looked almost like a lost puppy, or in this case a kitten, but Abigail didn't have long to think about this before the mage was addressing her. There wasn't anything she could think of that she needed, having gone so long without much of anything. She did want to be alone with her brother but refrained from saying this, shaking her head no instead. 

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:38 pm 

Kate was getting a hesitation from Jasper and a shake of Abigail's head. I am need to help with final preparations, "Jasper, I will not force you to stay. You need to look after your sister as the noise of the ball will not allow your sister to rest. Would you feel better if I left the ball early and stayed with you here. I understand we have not been apart since you arrived." Kate whispered as she embraced him, "Do you think if you sleep. you can get to the lake in your dreams by yourself?"

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:29 am 

Jasper hadn't wanted to cause any problems, he knew this ball was kind of a big deal after all. Feeling Kate embrace him, he relaxed into the feeling and let out a small sigh. He shook his head no at her leaving early. She deserved to do some things on her own without worrying about him.

"I'll try." He said to her question on getting to the lake in his dreams. He wasn't sure just how much sleep he would be getting tonight. He was in a new environment with people he didn't know, or at least didn't know well anymore in his sister's case. 

Abigail let her eyes roam over the room, giving the two a moment together. She knew Jasper was on edge and she worried on how this would affect them tonight. 

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:17 am 

Kate rubbed his arm, "You stay here with your sister. You need time alone without me. Your brave and is alright to be nervous. I leave early and you will not have to worry about night terrors. Just breath when you discuss the past. Tell her what you have told me."

Abigail sorry for this, discussing his past is painful. Jasper has told me a little about his past. He has trouble sleeping. I ask you be patient and kind. I can tell he wants to stay strong; it is not easy. Jasper and you need quiet and time alone. Meeting like this make his nervous. I have not left him alone since he arrived. He understands tonight is important. I am a portal away if either of you need me."

Kate hugged and kisses Jasper in the cheek. Then looked at Abbigail as she stood in front of her, "I am glad your here. Treat this room as your own and I hope you Jasper a successful reunion. There is fresh food that is restocked every day. I will be here around 9. I am happy your together."

Kate walked toward the door and looked back at Jasper, "Your winter clothes go in the closed by the door. I have lounge clothes in my dresser in my room. You may light a fire in the fireplace and sit on the couch. I will be thinking of you both. Abigail, Jasper needs a little coaxing still on how to relax and be free. Stick to yes and no questions. He is trying to let go his past. Do not worry about your feathers the maid will get them. Alright am going. See you in a few hours."

Kate was engulfed in blue light and disappeared.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:22 am 

Kate rubbed his arm, "You stay here with your sister. You need time alone without me. Your brave and is alright to be nervous. I leave early and you will not have to worry about night terrors. Just breath when you discuss the past. Tell her what you have told me."

Abigail sorry for this, discussing his past is painful. Jasper has told me a little about his past. He has trouble sleeping. I ask you be patient and kind. I can tell he wants to stay strong; it is not easy. Jasper and you need quiet and time alone. Meeting like this make his nervous. I have not left him alone since he arrived. He understands tonight is important. I am a portal away if either of you need me."

Kate hugged and kisses Jasper in the cheek. Then looked at Abbigail as she stood in front of her, "I am glad your here. Treat this room as your own and I hope you Jasper a successful reunion. There is fresh food that is restocked every day. I will be here around 9. I am happy your together."

Kate walked toward the door and looked back at Jasper, "Your winter clothes go in the closed by the door. I have lounge clothes in my dresser in my room. You may light a fire in the fireplace and sit on the couch. I will be thinking of you both. Abigail, Jasper needs a little coaxing still on how to relax and be free. Stick to yes and no questions. He is trying to let go his past. Do not worry about your feathers the maid will get them. Alright am going. See you in a few hours."

Kate was engulfed in blue light and disappeared.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:42 am 

Jasper was not looking forward to talking about his past, he spent most of his time trying to forget it. He knew Abigail would want to know though. 

When Kate spoke to her, Abigail turned to face her.She glanced to Jasper as the mage spoke, taking in his nervousness and wanting to protect him from whatever it was that was tormenting him.

As the two were left alone, Abigail finally moved towards her brother. He was frozen in place and she wasn't sure if he saw her or not. Stepping in front of him, Abigail carefully placed a hand on his shoulder, feeling him flinch away before meeting her eye. 

"Looks like it's just you and me." She smiled, earning a small smile from him. Helping him with his winter clothes, Abigail pulled him to the couch. She felt his hesitancy as she tugged him down and noted how stiff he looked sitting next to her.

"Relax Jaspy, what happened to you?" 

Jasper kept his eyes down, feeling Abigail next to him. He heard her say several times to relax and could sense her frustration. 

Sighing, Abigail tried to think of how to get her not so little brother to open up. An idea came to mind and slowly she reached towards him until she could trail her fingers down his side. As she expected he did pull away at first but not before she saw what she had wanted. With a grin, the winged woman leaned a little closer and repeated her previous move. This earned her a look that wasn't quite as lost looking as before. Progress. 

"I seem to recall a little kitten being quite ticklish here, here, and here." With each word she moved her fingers from his side, to the back of his neck, and finally down to his ribs, getting the reaction she wanted. Jasper had smiled and had tried to push her hands away, but not before she heard a small laugh. Having managed to crack him this far, Abigail continued into a full blown tickle attack until Jasper was writhing and begging her to stop. She let this go on a few more minutes before letting up and allowing Jasper to catch his breath. Helping him sit up, she pulled him so he was laying with his head in her lap.

"Some things never change, I guess." Abigail laughed, brushing a strand of hair from his face. She could feel that he was still a little tense, but felt this would ease. Letting her fingers thread through his hair, Abigail watched as Jasper closed his eyes and let out a small sigh, a soft purr following not long after. She had missed this. It wasn't often that he purred, but when he did it was always relaxing. 

Abigail let this go on for a little while, willing Jasper to relax. There was still a level of tension he wouldn't drop, and his ears continued to twitch at each little sound. 

"So Jasper, what happened after I left?" Abigail asked in a soft voice. She felt his breath hitch and the tension increase. Looking down into his green cat eyes, Abigail almost regretted asking the question, but she knew it needed to be asked. 

Slowly, Jasper filled her in on what had happened, at least what he remembered. Much of the earlier part was fuzzy or completely gone, but as he got to the later years things were much more clear. 

When he had finished and fallen into silence, Abigail could feel tears on her face. What kind of sick, twisted people could do such horrible things to such a sweet little boy? She made a personal promise that should she ever have the chance, she would not be holding back against Malora or Draco. 

It was some time later and the two found themselves not having moved much. Abigail still stroked Jasper's hair as he lay with his eyes closed in her lap. Not asleep, but resting. Letting her own eyes slip closed, Abigail knew that should anything happen, Jasper would protect them both, even if she wanted to be the one protecting him. 

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:37 am 

Kate was used to portaling, it was like walking to a blue wall of light and she was back in her room. It was always easier to portal from the mage school to her room. She only portaled in emergencies. He father hate magic and Kate usually took the carriage home. The horse and sleigh were just fine. Kate rushed down the alabaster cascading stair to the main hall and took a breath. This was the first time she was without her charge, Jasper. She hoped Jasper and his sister were bonding and Kate smiled as she thought how easy it was to find Abigail. Kate made her way down the hall and her thought were on the night's event. She stood in the kitchen door was as Ann was taking out pecan pies from the oven, "They smell heavenly. What can I do to help?"
Ann looked up at her as she turned to the island's top, "You can help Sadie decorate the ballroom and make sure the Winterfest flowers are placed in the main hall, ballroom, and dining room. The food is in the warming oven and these are the last to cook. She set hors' oderves in the oven. Then scurried to get chilled Campanella and warmed wassle on the stove. Kate sniffed at the apple spiced drink. "Everything smells delish. You out did yourself another year."
The cool stood up and brushed her hands on her robe. The foods done. I will check the place cards. Do not want persons that dislike each other to sit together. Need the high ranking officers near your father. Where is that fine cat of yours? Did he find his sister?"
Kate waked with Ann to the dining room table she set out small baby's breath in crystal vases, "I left Jasper at the Mage School in my suite we found his sister in the Guild Lab. I will spare you the details. They are both together. I am going to leave the ball around nine. The noise and houseful of people will be too much for them. Jasper's sister is named Abigail and she is a warrior. Sara should like to talk with her. She is a bit different, she is human with lovely brown wings. The have to pattern of a woodland moth. She had been civil to me and I look forward to getting to her better. She has had a difficult time but I think we will be friends. Once we get to know each other, things will be good. Unfortunately the ball was tonight. I had to rush home and all. I think Major Curry and Sir Sidden's wives are pregnant. Seat them together so they can talk. Mayor Appleton and Lord Hastings are very good friends. I pare them with Jailer Henry Anderson. Lady Hester and Lady Richter are sworn enemy's over their kids marrying I place one near Sara and the other beside Sir Edward's wife, Sara Jane. Papa enjoys a civil table.

The Festival ball was a splendid affair and Sir Marcus behaved mild putting it lightly. Kate did not play the piano for anyone nor was she asked. She gave her dance card to Sara as she was old enough to attend her first ball. Sara was happy Kate left early and was enjoying all the attention.
Kate left the ballroom just after supper and she wore a white ballgown with a sweetheart neckline and short lace sleeves. She had Ann fix her red hair up and she wore her mother's tiara a simple silver ornament with a row of diamonds and a blue sapphire center stone. Kate portaled and stood before her suite door. With a wave of her hand, the guard spell was broken and she knocked on the door. She hoped the couple was awake and they had found something to eat.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:35 am 

Abigail  had discovered many new things about her brother. For one, he was easily spooked and cautious. A few times she had placed a hand on his shoulder from behind to get his attention and had retracted her hand at his quick pull away. She had also discovered that he never missed a thing. His ears constantly twitched and his eyes followed her around the room, keeping watch over her even when she felt perfectly fine. 

When she heard the knock on the door, Abigail had felt Jasper tense next to her. They had been sitting next to each other, Abigail had one arm around him as he placed his head on her shoulder. It was a position both of them were familiar with, having done something similar many times in their childhood. Of course, both had grown significantly since than, Jasper having shot up to stand almost a head taller than Abigail. Moving away from Jasper, Abigail went to the door and prepared to deal with whoever was on the other side. Opening it she saw Kate and opened it enough for the mage to enter. 

Turning to watch her come in, Abigail saw Jasper perk up and seem to relax. Secretly she had begun to resent the mage for the sole reason that she seemed to have a better relationship with Jasper than she did.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:51 am 

Kate saw the two standing and Abigail was at the door, "Hello Abigaile, Jasper. Did you make it alright together? The ball is still going on. I returned as soon as I could. You are welcome to stay here. Can I get you anything?"

Kate stood at the door and was happy to see the siblings.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 7:04 am 

Abigail moved to stand next to Jasper, her shoulder brushing against his arm. 

"We got along just fine." She said, meeting the mage's eyes. Jasper didn't miss the tone in his sister's voice and quickly glanced to her before turning back to Kate.

"I am glad you are back." He replied to Kate, feeling his sister brush against him. He wondered what was going on, just a few moments ago she hadn't been acting like this, but as soon as Kate had entered the room she had started to act up again. Did she not like Kate? Surely she could see how much better the mage was than their old mistress and master.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 7:37 am 

Kate saw Abigail was being close to Jasper and Kate moved inside the suite. Kate noticed a questioning look on Jasper's face. Kate did not want to be any kind of threat to Abigail, she only took a few steps. "I am so happy your both alright. I do not want to intruded on you. Your welcome to stay the night here. Please both you sit down. Abigail, I came back not wanting to you to feel threaten or jealous by me. I want you to have all the time you want with your brother. I do not mean to embarrass Jasper, he has terrible nightmares and I am able to help him sleep. If you are able to mind sleep he may sleep with you. If not, he sleeps with me until he is strong enough to exit his nightmares and go into a safe place on his own. I create a meadow where I allow his dreams and mine allow to sleep through the night."
Kate looked at Jasper to Abigail then to the Kitchen, "Would you like to sleep with your brother or have your own room? He your brother and I do not mind sharing. He needs you as much as you need him. You need to no stress and lots of attention from your brother. I will help you recover if you let me. I am a healer mage I can link you into his dreams if you wish."

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 11:25 am 

Abigail heard what Kate said. If it were up to her Jasper would be with her all the time, he was her little brother after all. Upon learning of Jasper's nightmares though she realized this wasn't the best idea. Looking to Jasper, she found he had dropped his gaze once more to the floor, his ears having also lowered a little. 

She had heard about mind sleep but had never attempted it, having had no reason to. Reluctantly Abigail shook her head. If it meant he would get a good night's sleep than she could leave him for the night. Abigail was a little unsure about all this dream linking, it just didn't seem natural to her. 

"Just take him. Don't want you messing with my head anyways." Crossing her arms, Abigail took a step away from Jasper. 

Feeling her step away Jasper turned to his sister, making to reach to her.

"Abi..."

"Don't." He was stopped by her harsher than usual tone, causing a small flinch and for him to pull back towards Kate.

"I just need some time alone okay?" Abigail said, softer this time. Her own gaze dropped to the floor and her arms wrapped around herself.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:24 pm 

Kate felt bad for Abigail, "There is no need for you to be alone. Sleep with Jasper, he might sleep the night knowing he is your loving arms. He has a nightmare, I will come from across the hall. Is there anything you want before you go to bed? I can make us some tea. You will find toiletries for you both in the bathroom. Jasper is accustom to taking a bath and if you need toothpaste or soap, you will find them under the sink. You are welcome to the clothes in the dresser and closet. We can have my dresses altered to fit your wings. They are pretty as you are. Help yourselves to the icebox and kitchen."
Kate kicked off her shoes and set them by the door. She sat on the couch and propped her feet on a cloth covered stool.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:14 am 

Abigail couldn't understand this woman. Was she pitying her? She didn't want it. Abigail had survived this long on her own, she didn't need some mage coddling over her like she was a child. Crossing her arms, Abigail listened to the rest of what Kate had to say before watching her move to the couch. Carefully, Abigail sat down on a chair facing the couch. She wanted a little distance from the mage. Spending most of her life alone made social interactions a little difficult, if not unpleasant. 

Jasper lowered his ears from where he stood beside Kate. This was all his fault. He had just been reunited with his sister and now she was already upset with him. He knew she hadn't always been like this, but whatever had happened to her here had caused her to be closed off and cautious, almost hostile at times. He watched both Kate and Abigail sit down, Abigail placing some distance between them. Approaching the couch, Jasper stopped before sitting.

"May I?" He asked, indicating the place next to Kate.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:43 am 

Kate could sense a lot of hostility in Abigail. Kate patted the couch and smiled at Jasper, "Please sit next to me. I have a full stocked kitchen. Jasper, what would you like to eat? I can have roast boar, baked potatoes, chicken salad, rolls with butter, and apple pie brought up to us. How does hot cocoa with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles sound. Abigail, if you like, your welcome to take a hot bath and Jasper can bring you dinner. You may have hot apple cider. I offered warm cider to your brother when he arrived." Kate winked at Jasper.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:57 am 

Sitting next to Kate, Jasper refrained from shifting. Abigail had never seen him do so and now did not seem like the time to do so. He listened to Kate listing off the food and realized how hungry he was. He could only imagine that Abigail was worse having eaten very little earlier. 

He watched Abigail who turned back to Kate when she spoke. Jasper noticed her pause and glance to him. Catching Kate's eye and seeing her wink, Jasper shyly dropped his gaze with a small smile. He could easily remember first meeting Kate and everything she had done for him. He still didn't know how he was to repay her. 

Out of the corner of is eye, Jasper saw Abigail get up and move in the direction of the bathroom, feathers leaving a trail in her wake. He looked up and watched her go until she was out of sight. With a sigh, Jasper leaned forward, placing his elbows on his knees and resting his chin in his hands.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:19 pm 

Kate whent ahead and heated up the food. She knew Abigale needed time and she would not feel that Kate was a threat. She would come around and not be angry. But after all she had every right to be. They both did and need each other. I would take just as long to win the Abigale’s trust as did Jasper. Still he spoke little he smiled more.
Kate fixed Abigale mixed fruit, honey tea, broth with stag meat and dumplings, and slice of apple pie. Jasper was given a full plate. He was eating more and recovering. Least he was almost ready to venture out and she would take the siblings shopping. Abigale, she hoped would enjoy being out and would try to ice-skate. She needed to know she was safe to be herself.
“Jasper here is your dinner. Do you want hot tea or hot cider? Do not worry. Abigale will recover. She needs proper food, fresh air and our love. She and I will be friends once she knows I am someone she can trust. Give her time as I have you. You come from the sane stock and trust is earned, I earned yours. Relax all will be alright. I am going to give Abigale her dinner and see if she needs anything. I will get out of this dress.”
Kate padded to the bathroom and knocked softly, “Abigale you need anything. I have your dinner. May I come in? I can help you wash your hair. I have special oils that are good for your wings. I helped your brother with his bath. I want you to know I am very happy you’re here. Your welcome to stay as long as you like. When you get well I would like to train with you. I have been taught in secret how to wield a sword. I have not been tested. Would you be willing to see if I am any good?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:57 pm 

When Kate went to heat up the food, Jasper didn't move, lost in his thoughts. His ears pricked when he heard her returned and he looked up to meet her gaze briefly. He accepted the plate with a thank you, feeling his stomach growl at the scent of the food. Jasper watched Kate head towards the bathroom, ears swiveling to pick up any and all sounds.

It wasn't until she entered the other room that he began picking at his food. He was still worried about Abigail, as well as Kate. He hoped his sister would come to learn that Kate wasn't like the others, just as he had. He knew things had changed, even between them, but he wanted to return to those days before they had been separated and life had seemingly turned against them.

Abigail froze when she heard the knock on the door followed by Kate's voice. She had been cautious at first with bathing, having not been given the opportunity to do something like this on her own in a long time. Slowly she had allowed herself to relax, letting the warmth of the water sooth her aches and pains, and letting her thoughts wander. Abigail remained motionless as Kate entered and continued to speak. She didn't show it but Abigail was interested in this secret training she had taken with a sword. As a little girl she had always wanted to be a fighter. Standing in the arena with a sword in one hand and a shield in the other, hearing the crowd cheer her name as she took down one opponent after the other. Other times she wondered if had she been born in different circumstances if she would have had these thoughts at all. Likely she would have been given to some nobleman to be a housewife and carry his children. 

Then she thought to Jasper who had suffered through the pits, the very ones she had watched with fascination as a kid. Now they didn't seem as appealing. 

It took her a moment to notice the tears that had escape and she quickly wiped her face to banish them, hoping Kate hadn't seen. She was angry at her captors, her mother for not stopping them, at everything. But she was also worried, frightened, and suspicious of this Kate. What was she planning? Jasper had told her what she had done for him but how could she know what the plans were for her. This kindness, something she hadn't had in years was breaking her, making her tough exterior crumble and in front of a total stranger as well. Abigail hoped Jasper didn't hear or find out. She was suppose to be the older sister that took care of him, his protector. She had already failed once.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 33  Next