All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:18 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Jasper's eyes followed Ann as she moved, his tail flicking at the mention of the white Persian cat. At Kate's command, he turned and padded towards the bed, hopping up carefully and sitting next to her. He couldn't help but feel slightly protective over Kate, perhaps his natural instincts kicking in as she had taken care of him. He watched her cut the food, his gaze moving between her and Ann until the latter left them alone once more. 

He could smell the spearmint she offered him, saying it would calm his stomach. Cautiously he bit the herbs, the taste was strange but not all unpleasant. He wasn't looking forward to this trip into town, but didn't want to disappoint Kate. Hiding this, he ate what she offered, wanting to obey her orders and perform his role. 

Finishing not quite half of what he was given, Jasper pulled away and shifted into his smaller tabby form. He always felt vulnerable like this, even more so in his current state. With a small huff, just barely audible, he moved closer to Kate and laid down next to her.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:52 am 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Kate watched him eat half the food, shape shift to a small tabby, then hop on the bed next to her. The mage avoided the urge to hold Jasper. She finished her plate as he curled up beside her, "Jasper, your adorable as a Tabby. In this form you will heal faster and I can carry you. I will not allow Papa, Johh, Sara and my friends to meet you until you are better. Papa will want to interrogate you and Jonn, I am not sure how he will react. They can wait a few days to see you. Your terrified enough, I need to get you winter clothes and a coat. This is your home and I want you to see all of Wildwood Shire. Your health is important to me. You need to have your teeth checked. I will take to the mage guild school and have Grand Master Mage make sure you have no internal injuries. I need you meet him, he is kind and gentle. I will not be out of your sight. I will not allow anyone to harm or hurt you. We are going to my favorite bakery. The bakery is a shop where you may have sweet treats and taste the best hot cocoa in town."

Kate lightly touched the top of his right paw and her finger moved over his orange fur. "I know all this scares you. Jasper, I need you see that not all people want to harm you. The doctors here are painless as they are experienced mage healers. You will feel much better by the end of the day. Stay here while I get dressed and you may make a nest in my knap sack. I have a soft blanket in there and you should feel safe. You can look around or hide. If you wish, I can hide you in my cloke. We will travel in my father's coach. His driver is named Peel and he understands the life you have experienced. He is a man you can trust."

Kate swung her legs to the left side of the bed. She slowly stood up then scurried toward the door. A large, embroidered, nap sack sat in a corner beside a writing desk. The mage picked up the sack by the arm straps then gently sat the opened sack beside Jasper, "You may like to be carried in this. It is warm, soft, and safe. The large backpack is made of light weight, embroidery, cotton The bag is lined with soft fleece and a red plaid fleece blanket filled the inside. You may investigate it while I dress."

The red-head gathered a dark blue long wool skirt; two heavy cotton petticoats; white corset with front closures; white, cotton and lace chemise; white, longs sleeve, button down, blouse; matching wool waist coat, bloomers, heavy cotton stockings, and a dark blue, mage robe. She dressed behind a screen to dress. Kate picked up a pair of fleece-lined, brown, leather, boots. that stood beside an antique dresser. She strolled to a pillow covered desk chair and donned the boots.
"I can wrap you up in the blanket before we go?" May I or do you want to cover yourself. I do not want you cold. I will not close you in it. You will be able to look out. If you want to be held, just ask."

The mage very gently scooped the tabby in her arms and for a moment held him. She smoothed her chin over his head and kissed the top of his head. "Relax, this how you should be loved and petted. I love you purrs, easy, Jasper, I got you. I told you, you will be treated well my gift." Slowly Kate placed him in the bag and covered him. "Comfy...off we go."

Kate slowly picked the satchel up and held it in her hands. "Do you feel safe and secure?"

The fox human exited the room and took him to the back door. "Ann, tell Papa an going shopping and taking the carriage. Do you need anything?"

Ann replied while rolling dough in the kitchen, "No Dear, will go later. I hope you both have fun."

A girl of 12 came bounding down the hall, "Where you going Kate?"

Kate turned to her sister as she donned her wool cloak and mittens, "I am going into town have errands. We will all go shopping for Winter Fest later."
Kate picked up the bag and headed for the stable.

She called to Peel, "Will you drive me to town? I have errands and will not be back until supper."

The driver was a stocky man of 50 and hooked a team of four horses. Peel opened the carriage door and caught a glimpse of her back pack. "Is that a new pet, Kattie."

Kate smiled and took Peels hand, "He is not a pet, Peel, he is my companion, Jasper. Please stop at the Snead's clothier first. I have a dress ready. I will be a while getting clothes for our ball. I need to see Dr. Hadley the dentist. Plan for lunch at Heidi's inn."

The fox-human entered the carriage, set the satchel on a velvet covered, leather seat. She pulled a quilt from the overhead rack and covered herself. "Jasper, would you like me to hold you?"

Peel climbed into the driver seat and slowly headed for the front drive way toward the main road to town. The landmarks, Kate showed to Jasper. The coach windows were uncovered and snow from the previous night blanked the landscape. Kate pointed the fenced pasture; the road to the 500 acre lake; and the town keep.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:52 pm 

Jasper's ears were flat against his head as Kate talked about her family and how her father would want to interrogate him. He curled in on himself, looking up when he felt Kate's hand on his paw. He met Kate's gaze as she spoke, trusting her to not go back on what she said. As she fetched the knapsack and placed it beside him, Jasper stood and investigated the bag while Kate left to dress. 

He wasn't sure what to make of all this. He was becoming more relaxed around Kate, almost comfortable, but what about with others? He knew he still had a long way to go, but if what Kate was saying about others like Ann and Peel was true, maybe he could learn to let others into his life. It had been a safety thing that had forced him not to let others in, to get too close in case they hurt him again. 

His ears twitched when Kate returned, and he soon felt himself being scooped up into her arms. He purred softly at the petting, his eyes closing slightly as he enjoyed the feeling. When he was placed in the bag, he looked around before back up to Kate. Finally he settled down, curling up on the blanket and tucking his feet under himself. His ears perked up and listened to the other voices he heard, though he remained in his place, putting his trust in Kate.

Jasper didn't move much until Kate was settled in the carriage and was asking him if he wanted to be held. Hesitating, he eyed the fox-girl, taking a small step towards her. He didn't know what he wanted. Being held and petted felt good, amazing even, but part of him knew this wasn't right. 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:39 am 

Kate was happy to see him crawl towards her. She carefully scooped him in her arms. The mage smiles at him and holds him to her chin. She rubs her chin across his head and holds her cheek to his left cheek. A soft kiss she places on his head. "You are so soft. I love you purr." The red-head glides her left hand from his head to his lower back. She takes her fingers and wiggles fur between them. "I like the feel of your fur." Kate holds him to her then pulls the blanket from the sack. She covers the tabby holds him in her lap.
"This is how a cat is to be treated. I know your a full grown cat-man. Relax and enjoy."

Kate slid her right hand under the blanket and touched his fur under Jasper's chin, neck, and chest. "Your doing good. I am very pleased touching you. Relax your back and paws. This is how you are to feel. Loved, safe, and enjoyed." She placed both hands on his sides. "You are to enjoy this too. This will keep you healthy and I want you happy. Purr, Jasper, this lets me know you are happy."

As the carriage hit ruts, Kate, held him tighter. "I will not let you fall."

She did not touch his tail or face for touching ones tail was taboo. The mage knew his face was too sore.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:31 am 

Jasper wasn't sure how to feel about been scooped up again so soon, but having little choice in the matter, he went along with it. He couldn't help but purr once more at Kate's affections, though a small voice in his mind was scolding him for it. He knew that if he were in his human form, he would have been blushing so he was thankful nothing of the sort could happen in this form. He tried to force himself to relax at Kate's order, and though it was a little easier than before, it still took some effort to let the tension ease from his muscles. 

He froze briefly when Kate's hand touched under his chin, neck, and chest. Instincts telling him to get away as these were often areas targeted in a fight. Jasper did pull away a fraction before stopping and leaning back into the touch. He had to get use to it, right? Wanting to follow Kate's orders and please her he continued to purr softly, nuzzling her hands.

He could feel the carriage jolt with each rut they hit, shocking Jasper out of his relaxed state until Kate pulled him close and told him she wouldn't let him fall. Against his instincts that were screaming at him not to, Jasper slowly relaxed in Kate's arms once more.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:19 am 

Kate felt Jasper relax his muscles to her pets on his head and back, "Your doing well. Petting your front will take time. Tensing is normal. Learning to relax, will go slower. I will not pet your face or tail. See all the land behind the white picket fence, that is pasture and you will learn to ride a horse, hunt, and be free. The meadow we pass is like your dream one. Look to your right, see that big lake, there you will ice skate this winter and catch fish, next summer."

The carriage passed landmarks leading to a larger port town. They pulled up to a keep Kate opened the window on her left, "Grimmerson, it is Lady-mage Kate, how is your wife?"

The green uniformed guard bent down to Kate, "Oh MiLady, she is good thank you."

Kate handed him a a small clay jar, "Take this. You both can use it. You for your feet and she for stretch marks. I will check on her in three days. Make sure she gets rest, keeps off her feet for six hours; and no heavy lifting. There is little you can do but get the nursery ready. Do not fret, this litter will be an easy one."

The uniformed wolf-man blushed and smiled, "Thank you, Miss Kate. I hope so."

Kate placed the jar in his paw, "Truly, this will be easier than you first delivery. Mage Kilie will watch the cubs. I will bring some of the estate's apple brandy."

The soldier waved them on in the bustling town that was Tudor in style. The roof of the building were red tile. The entered the town of 5000 by a dirt road, dusted in snow from the main road to large, farrow fields.

Kate closed the window and place the Tabby so he could see out and was warm in the blanket. She cradled him on is tummy, "This is your new home, Jasper. Here, you may shop, help me attend townsfolk, and eat the best seafood this south of Seville. I do not recommend you going to the wharf alone. Too many dangers of brothels and kidnappings to join ships, especially at night. You will always be welcome on my father's merchant ship, The Catelynn. Have you been given coins to shop with?"

We are in the middle of town, to our right is the main road to the docks. Upper town and the garden district are to our right. Where we are is the center of town, plenty of shops, the grocers and farmer's sell their crops outdoor in warmer climates. The leather and armor shops are to our left. The clothier is Me. Snead tailor and dress shop is our first stop. I will enter carrying you to a small room, there you will change to your human form. Mr. Snead will measure you; show you materials for clothes; and provide you with clothes. Jasper, you are a member of the house of Lyons. Papa will have my hide you meet him in slave frocks. You will dress as a country gentleman, today and always. Should you decide to be my guardian and protector; you may carry a sword, hidden weapons, and leather armor with concealed, vestments. Today, Jasper, you may make choices on material for clothes; choose armor that is for defense only; you will never be used for a fight for coin or sport again. You may choose the food you want to try. Keep your head up, as I want to see your eyes and watch your expressions. You may speak when spoken to. I will be beside you all day. If you forget anything I have told you, you will not be punished. I want you to enjoy and if at anytime, you need to rest, afraid, or get hungry or thirsty, grip my forearm or ask. Are you ready to start your new life?"

Kate placed him and the blanket in the satchel. She grabbed a quilt from he lap and threw it over arm. Peel stopped the carriage and opened the carriage door. The mage stood up after Jasper was settled in the satchel. She held the satchel in her left hand, took Peels hand to step down with her right, then entered the shop. Mrs. Snead greeted her with a clasped hand and hug. She was a 30 year old lady with her pulled up and dressed in light blue satin dress. Mr. Snead appeared from the back of the shop. He was about five feet tall, balding, and wore a white poet's shirt, green wool vest, and dark wool pants. Around his neck was a yellow tape measure.

Kate hugged Mrs. Snead back and smiled, "Mrs. Snead, I have a special request. Do you have a private changing room in the men's area? I have a new arrival to the manor who need a full wardrobe. He is unfamiliar to our dress and customs. Will you both help me get him acclimated, please."

Without hesitation the lady knew what Katie needed as Mr. Snead overheard the mage's request. Mr. Snead led them both to a changing room in the back beside a wood stove. Mr. Snead spoke in a mild baritone voice, "Come in here. No one will harm or see you but me. I need you to take human form and I have temporary clothes for you. Kate may come in, once your dressed. What is your name?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:51 pm 

As Kate described all the things he would learn to do, Jasper felt a little overwhelmed. Never before had he had to learn such things, as long as he got his orders completed, it didn't matter if he knew how to do it or not.

His ear twitched at the mention of the wharf being too dangerous. He felt his pride wanting to flair up, he had fought in and survived many fights. He had practically been raised to fight. But he knew that Kate was concerned for his well being as none had ever been before, and didn't want him participating in that sort of thing. So, pushing his pride to the side, Jasper watched the various buildings, and even people he saw as they passed. 

He listened to Kate explaining what was going to happen, and even what she expected of him. He hoped he would be able to fulfilled what she wished, though he knew some things would be more difficult than others. Before he could make sure he had everything straight, Jasper felt himself getting moved, and once more placed in the satchel. From where he was, he could still see the people Kate interacted with, his ears twitching as he listened to what they were saying. 

Freezing when he was left alone with this man, Jasper's mind seemed to shut off. After a few moments though he shook these feelings away and forced himself to shift into his human form, accepting the clothes the man gave him. Pulling them on as quickly as he could, feeling some of his wounds getting irritated, Jasper knew he was shaking when he once more stood before the man. His eyes flickered to the door where he knew Kate was waiting, before flashing back to the man. 
"My name's Jasper." He said to answer his question, remembering what Kate had said about speaking when spoken to. He heard the tremor in his voice, and kept his eyes on the floor. 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:17 am 

The elder man smiled warmly at the battered, very pale, once muscular young man with cat-like eyes. "Fresh out of captivity. Well, you are in good hands, Lad. Kate is the best healer in town and you will be a new man in her care. Jasper, stand on this block platform. "Have you ever been measured before?" This won't hurt a bit. Stand tall as a tree and look at the painting of the landscape."

He removed the tape measure and called in Kate once Jasper was dressed in a snug undershirt, form fitting pants, and white socks. Kate entered and extended her hand to Jasper. "Deep breaths. I will not leave you. Mr. Snead, will briefly touch your body. Hold my hand if you need to. Look at the picture. He is going to measure your head first; then neck. Just hold still and for a few seconds he will place the tape around your neck. After this fist time being tailored, you won't be so scared."

Mr. Snead was fast and gentle as he made notes in his head. He then proceeded to measure his chest, hips, and arms. Kate watched as Jasper reaction as he was measured and did not remove her hand, "Your doing very good. One last measurement. He needs to measure your leg. Deep breaths look ahead one more time."

The balding man measured Jasper from crotch to top of his foot. The he slung the tape measure over his head, "All done. Good lad. You may step down and take a seat. Kate can my Missus get you water or tea."

Kate motioned for Jasper to sit in the chair next to her at a table big enough for four people. "Two warm ciders please."

Mr. Snead left the room and returned with a large book of swatches and soft linen; poets shirt, satin lined, wool, dark blue pants, a brown leather belt with leather buckle, grey wool socks, and three pairs of under clothes. He placed all on the table. "These are everyday clothes, Lad. Do you like the feel of the material?"

Kate released Jasper's hand, then moved the extra under clothes. and made room for the drinks.

Mrs. Snead quickly put the glasses on the table, smiled and nodded to Jasper. She wiped her eye and whispered to Kate, "Poor Cat. Glad he's with you."

Kate nodded, "Thank you. Me too." The red-head clasped the glass, leaned forward, "Jasper you may touch and try on your new clothes."

Mrs. Snead scurried out closing the door. Kate helped Jasper get out of the tight clothes and into the new ones. She was so happy, "So much better. Do you like how they fit?"

Mr. Snead grinned, "Not bad. I picked them a little loose. You'll fill out and can wear them longer. What you think? Young man, there is a mirror in the hall."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:41 pm 

Jasper raised his eyes to meet Mr. Snead's. He followed the man's instructions, but remained silent as he looked to the mentioned painting. He turned his head when Kate came in, not realizing just how nervous he had gotten in her absence. He gratefully accepted her hand, seeing just how badly his own were shaking, and how quick his breathing was. Refocusing on the picture, Jasper flinched when he felt the tape measure around his neck and moved to pull away. He was stopped by Kate's hand holding his own. Meeting her eyes with his own, he searched them for any disapproval or anger before closing his own and fighting to get himself back in control. Slowly he returned to his previous position and opened his eyes on the painting once more. 

He could feel himself tensing as the measurements continued. By the time it was finished, and Mr. Snead said he could step down, Jasper felt he could pass out. He carefully took the seat next to Kate, resting his elbows on his knees and hiding his face in his hands as he tried not to hyperventilate, and calm himself the best he could. Gradually he felt his breathing return to a more normal pace, his heartbeat not quite as pounding in his ears. He lifted his head hearing Kate and turned his eyes to the clothing laid out before him. He gently ran a hand over the fabric before Kate helped him change. It was such a new feeling and Jasper was still a little overwhelmed, but also a little elated. 

Jasper looked to Kate, his eyes glowing slightly as a shy smile played at the corners of his lips before he once more cast his gaze to the floor.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:05 pm 

Kate saw his small smile, "You are doing good. The hard part is over. Don't worry, you look very nice. You get seven shirts and seven pairs of pants. Would you like different colored shirts and pants?

Mr. Snead opened a page of multicolored fabric as the mage looked at his blue eyes. Swatches had cotton in colors of yellow, blue, grey, red, green, black. Kate looked at the page, "Thank you for the page has neutral colors, later Jasper will understand pastels, light, and dark colors."

Kate looked at Jasper, "All these colors look good on you. Pants are usually blue, black, or grey."

Mrs. Snead entered the room carrying a bundle of clothes, "I thought he might need work clothes. These just came into the store from the wool, weavers, guild." The lady hung up five flannel, quilted lined, plaid shirts in green, red, blue, and brown.

Kate walked ever to the shop keeper, "Mr.s Snead, Jasper needs a vest, over coat, wool coat and cloak?"

Kate helped her hand the clothes. "Yes. These are nice. He needs a formal to wear visiting with nobles and the king. A plain, silk, shirt with onyx buttons, plain cuffs, nothing frilly, and onyx cuff-links. I do want him to look like like his age; a simple grey, satin and wool vest, nothing fancy a dark, blue, light weight, tuxedo, jacket with no tails will do. Please bring both a waist length, wool coat and a blue pea-coat. They will be good for going out doors.A simple, black, wool cloak, with black, satin lining, and a gold, simple etched, clasp, will be perfect for visiting nobles and the King."

Mrs. Snead hurried out of the room as Kate sat next to Jasper, "Have you chosen your shirt colors? I want you to come into the shop to choose winter everyday wear." The mage took him to a display of winter accessories for men, "You may chose two pairs gloves, one hat, one wool cap, three scarfs of three different colors, ear covers, one undercoat, 16 pairs of wool and cotton socks, and one town coat or cloak for everyday winter wear. I want you warm and well; as it can get near 10F."

Kate snaked to different displays holding either his hand or waist. She offered the choices as they came to each display. "You will have your own room to keep your clothes. When we are done our next shop is the cobblers. Your feet need footwear for home, work, visiting, riding, and dancing."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:31 am 

Jasper was shocked. He had gone from having nothing, to having so many things handed to him, and he wasn't sure how to feel. Part of him was grateful and thankful to Kate, but the other part kept telling him that he didn't deserve any of it. At the question of whether he wanted different colours, Jasper lifted his head, confusion and worry in his eyes. How was he going to choose? His gaze flicked to the different coloured swatches. Grey had always been the colour of any clothing he had been given, seeing so many choices all of a sudden was beyond his comprehension. 

Turning when he heard Mrs. Snead enter the room, Jasper was dismayed to see that she had yet more clothes. Listening to the list Kate was giving Mrs. Snead, Jasper had forgotten to choose the colours. As Kate sat next to him and asked him about it, he felt his cheeks redden. 

"No. I...I'm sorry." He said, lowering his head and feeling his ears flatten as well.

He followed Kate as she led him to the different displays. Slowly, he chose the items she offered, keeping things simple and avoiding the fancier variations. When she spoke of the cobblers and all the different activities he would be doing, he tried to wrap his head around this. For most of his life he had gone barefoot, preferring the natural feeling as well as the enhanced dexterity, though this was better when he could actually stand without feeling pain flaring with each step.

He could feel frustration aimed at himself rising as he tried to understand everything that was being thrown at him. 
"Kate, I...I don't..." He could feel his breathing increase once more, as his eyes darted around them to all the displays and items. Unable to finish his sentence, Jasper felt himself breaking down. He didn't want to cause a scene and embarrass Kate, but he couldn't think straight, couldn't breathe properly, all the sounds and smells overwhelming his senses as he panicked. 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:13 pm 

Kate saw the Jasper was having a on the verge of a meltdown. She grabbed his hand and hurriedly led him back to the changing room. The the room was well lit and the door was open; the mage shut the door softly and hurried to the middle of the room, so Jasper to be beside a chair, "You not in trouble, Jasper. I am so sorry. Please take three deep breaths and take a seat. This is my fault. Please forgive me. You have done nothing wrong." Kate quickly sat in the chair facing him and held his hands. "You are doing so well. I forgot this is new and overwhelming to you. Jasper, the last thing I want is for this to be unpleasant for you. May I hug you?"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:36 pm 

Jasper felt himself getting pulled back to the changing room, and nearly collapse in a chair as his legs refused to hold him up any longer. He tried to get his breathing under control, trying to do as Kate said and take deep breaths. When we was no longer near hyperventilation, he hastily whipped the tears that had slipped down his face away, angry with himself at how weak he was. He kept his eyes down, not wanting Kate to see his shame and anger. He felt her take his hands and unconsciously gripped them like a lifeline, seeing how shaky he had become once again. 

With a shaky sigh, Jasper looked up to Kate, hating how vulnerable, and helpless he felt. He had always seen himself as being able to handle whatever was thrown at him, taking on the biggest of brutes, and always testing his limits...until he had fallen into submission. Sure, he still faced every struggle, but felt he had lost part of himself. 

He simply nodded when Kate asked to hug him.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:26 pm 

His tears melted Kate's heart. She felt the pain of guilt in pit of her stomach. This was not how the experience shopping was to go. To see her gift to cry and hide his face was difficult to bear. The mage was mad at herself for making him sad. This was to be fun and a happy experience. She was relived he eagerly allowed her to wrap her arms around him. The red-head scooted closer to him as she lightly smoothed his tabby, colored hair from the top of his head down to his shoulders. His once deep breaths became erratic as his tears flowed; his whole body shook in her arms; his ears remained pinned, as her chin and breath pressed against his ear tuffs. "Do not hold back, Jasper. You are allowed to show me your feelings. Crying is good for the soul. Let it all out."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:58 pm 

Jasper felt Kate's arms around him and leaned into the embrace. A small point of grounding in all that was going on. He hated himself for the way he was acting, how he was seeking comfort from his mistress. A small whimper escaped him and he felt his breathing becoming uneven and fast once more. Jasper felt the tears running down his face and he tried to pull away, wanting to wipe them away and pull himself together, even if he had to fake it. But he couldn't. Slumping against Kate once more, he felt himself shaking as the tears continued to flow. 

He heard what Kate said, and forced himself to listen. It went against everything he had been taught, that crying, or showing any emotions was a sign of weakness, and in slaves it was something you just didn't do. With another whimper he buried his face against Kate's shoulder, closing his eyes and willing himself to get back in control. He didn't know what was wrong. Lady Malora and Lord Draco could beat him or ridicule him all they wanted and he wouldn't get to such a state, but for some reason Kate's gentle approach and kindness were reducing him to this. 

"I'm sorry, I...I didn't want to c...cause a problem." He said, hating how even his voice sounded weak. He hadn't want to breakdown like this, to embarrass Kate in front of others. 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:49 pm 

The mage slowly lifted her right hand and tilted his chin to look into his water pooled eyes, "It is just us. The door is closed. I told you there will be times just like now. I will not laugh or humiliate you. Do not worry, the Snead's will understand. That is why we are here. You are not the first slave from the House of Lyons to shop here. Papa brought other slaves here. He would barter traders or take captured slave bring then home or to the mages, teach them how to read, write, use money, learn choices, and learn a trade, then when they were ready, he set them free. Some slaves chose to work in town, on his ship, and others have remained as paid servants back home or for other families. He would have wanted me to bring you to the Snead's store. Your my only and first slave-gift. Papa would never allow me to get this close to anyone but my friends and family. You and I will have to learn from each other. I cannot promise this will not happen to you again. I can promise, if it does happen,I will rush you to a secluded, quiet place. You may hold my hand or hug me anytime you want or need to."

Kate opened her satchel that she placed next to the chair, he sat in, "Blow your nose, dry your eyes. You need items to keep you warm and dry. Do you want me to choose for you?"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:08 am 

Jasper listened to Kate. It was a strange concept to hear that her father would take in slaves, teach them, and set them free. Sure he had heard about some people lucky enough to have earned their freedom, but he had never thought it had been true. They had escaped somehow, slave owners weren't nice people, they didn't just let their things go. But Kate was proving that all wrong. 

"What could you possibly learn from me?" He hadn't realized that he had spoken out loud at first, but when he did he gasped and bit his lip, averting his gaze from Kate's. How could he have let his guard down like that?  

Doing as he was told, he looked back up to Kate at her last question. 
"I..." He sighed. "Could you choose please." He didn't want to make Kate do it, he was the slave and was suppose to follow orders after all, but he didn't think he could bring himself to have to make decisions like this, at least not yet.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:27 am 

Kate hugged him and pulled back smiling widely, "You asked me a question without fear. Good very good. I want to learn what you like and dislike. Take the page of colored swatches Mr. Snead has on this page." Kate looked at the book, she placed her left hand on his, and her right on the page. Please point the color you would like to have on one of your shirt."

She chose a page with red, blue, yellow, green, white, black, and gray.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:38 am 

Jasper didn't understand why Kate was smiling when she pulled back. She should be upset with him at least.

Nobody had ever asked him what he liked, nobody had ever cared. Jasper looked from Kate to the page, looking over each of the colours. He had never put much thought into this sort of thing, never really getting a choice or a say in the matter. His eyes flickered between the swatches on the page. 

"I like the red." He said hesitantly after a few minutes. Turning he looked to Kate, searching for any sign that she was upset with him. 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:49 am 

Kate was happy he was catching on. She nodded and squeezed his hand, "Jasper you are doing well. Yes. Tell me another color for your pants. Pants are usually dark colors gray, black, green, and white in summer. "

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 33  Next