All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:46 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Jasper couldn't remember being around other mages, apart from minor occurrences when an injury couldn't heal on its own or with medicine. He shook his head no to Kate's question, not feeling it necessary to go into details. He recalled what his younger self had said about Abi, searching his newly found memories for this long lost sister.

On the way to the mage castle, Jasper was quiet, thinking over what he had lost. Much of it was prior to his training, going back to his childhood and the time spent with both his mother and sister. When the sleigh stopped Jasper looked up at the stones, hesitant to enter and be in the domain of the mages. When Kate took his hand he tried to stop his shaking somewhat, but still felt his grip tighten a little. As Kate spoke the words to open the door, Jasper's ears lay flat and remained so as they walked past the classrooms and into the great hall. 

As the pair approached, the Arch-Mage paused in his reading. Waiting until Kate spoke, he closed the book and ceased the levitation so he could approach the pair. 

"Greetings Katherine, to what do I owe the pleasure?" He asked, casting an eye over Jasper as he spoke before looking back to the young mage.

"And who is your companion, I don't believe we've met."

Jasper watched the figure carefully, watching for any signs of trouble. He was completely on edge and tense, feeling this man's gaze fall on him for a few moments. 

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:02 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Kate felt Jasper hand shake as he increased his grip as the approached the arch-mage. Kate placed her free hand on top of Jasper's, "Hello, this is my champion, Jasper. He speaks little and is unaccustomed to strangers. He asked me to speak on his behalf. He seeks his sister, Abigail. She is a winged human from the Dark Lord."
Kate looked at Jasper and nodded, "You may tell the Arch-Mage what you remember. The Arch-Mage is a good friend of mine. He will not harm you."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:25 pm 

The Arch-Mage could see how uncomfortable Jasper was. He turned to the cat-man when Kate introduced him, nodding his head to him in greeting.

"Well met Jasper. I promise not one of the mages will harm you." Jasper remained silent, meeting the Arch-Mage's gaze for a few seconds before looking to the floor. The Arch-Mage noticed this but said nothing, turning his attention instead to Kate. When she described a winged human, the Arch-Mage brought his free hand to his chin. Turning once more to Jasper, he waited to see if the description matched the girl he was thinking of.

Jasper swallowed, nervous in front of the Arch-Mage, but recalled the memories the best he could.

"S...she has long brown hair, hazel eyes, tanned skin, and big spotted brown wings." The Arch-Mage nodded.

"I think I know who you are looking for. Follow me." Leading the pair to a secluded hallway, the Arch-Mage stopped outside of a door with a slot for passing things through. Stopping in front of it with his back facing the door, the Arch-Mage spoke to Kate.

"She was purchased some time ago as a sort of lab-rat. However she proved to be too aggressive and actually injured a few mages who got too close so we were forced to place her in solitary confinement. Nobody goes in, and if they do there are strong wards placed around them." Here he paused, seeming to consider his next words.

"We were trying to figure out what to do with her, we can't keep her here forever."

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:41 pm 

Kate frowned, "This is terrible. What language does she speak? Have you tried letting her out into the courtyard? There she can feel she has room to breath. The poor girl must be terrified. Please may I see her. Open the room up and allow her to see out. I want her to see Jasper first. Perhaps she will recognize him."
Kate faced Jasper as the room that the winged human was in expanded and smoke glass windows coverings opened. Kate remained with the arch mage hidden from the human. Jasper stood infront of a clear barred door.
Kate stood anxious to see what the winged woman would do.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:03 am 

The Arch-Mage was hesitant to allow Kate into the room but finally gave in. If it was necessary he could easily use a spell to knock the girl out, but he hoped that wouldn't be needed.

Jasper looked from Kate to where he stood before the barred door. He was worried that something bad would happen. Abigail wouldn't recognize him, or would freak out and end up injuring herself. Ears still slightly lowered, he used his feline sight to search the dim room for this girl who was supposedly his sister. He didn't see anything at first, but soon he caught a glimpse of something moving. Trying to get a better look, he jumped a bit when the form of a young woman hit the door, eyes searching his own. Her wings drooped at her sides, some of the feathers sticking out at odd angles, and she looked ready to attack. Jasper looked once more to Kate before turning back to the girl who appeared to be studying him.

"I've never seen her do this before." The Arch-Mage whispered to Kate. "Usually she stalks away or tries to get at whoever is closest." 

Jasper's ear twitched when he heard this, but he kept his eyes ahead. He watched as the girl's hand came up to press against the glass, her hazel eyes narrowing as she looked over Jasper before locking gazes with him. They remained frozen like this for a few moments, neither moving a muscle. 

"Maybe we should try again later." The Arch-Mage said, a little worried that something was going to happen. However, he was stopped when the winged girl placed her other hand on the glass and mouthed the words 'Let me out', her eyes never leaving Jasper.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:12 am 

Kate remained hidden, "Open the glass. Allow her to speak with Jasper. Keep the bars between them. Allow her to talk. If she is Jasper's sister, free her. Mages remain hidden. Jasper is able to fight if necessary. Keep alert in any case."

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:31 am 

When the glass disappeared the girl shot a glare in the direction of the Arch-Mage and Kate before turning back to Jasper. For a moment Jasper thought she was going to try to attack him and felt himself tensing to fight back. Instead he froze when he felt her hand brush the side of his face, moving a piece of hair away. It didn't go unnoticed his flinch as the winged girl's face fell. Watching him, she finally spoke.

"Jaspy? Is it really you? I'm not just imagining this?" Only one person had ever called him that. 

"Abi?" He asked tentatively, receiving a smile and nod in return. Stepping closer, Jasper felt Abigail pull him into a hug, the bars between them.

"I never thought I'd see you again." Abigail whispered into Jasper's shoulder.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:47 am 

Kate's heart warmed as they embraced, "Remove the bar. Mages go back into the main lab. Open the corridor to the main hall. I want then to reunite. Arch-mage thank you I am so glad you had her. Once I have a chance to speak to Abigail, she will be with her brother in the manor. This is a happy occasion."
Kate clasped her hands together and smiled."

She stepped from the wall and sat on a bench in the hall and smoother her dress. She looked down at her lap as if the two siblings were not there. Kate did not make any threatening moves or show any emotion; inside she was very happy.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:45 am 

Jasper felt the bars between them dissipate and soon the full force of his sister crashing into him. 

"Jasper!" She shouted, wrapping both arms and wings around him like she use to do. "I never thought I would get to see you again and here you are. Although you've grown, looks like you're the tallest now!" She laughed. Then, she got still and cast an eye around the room. The mages had left and the door was open. Narrowing her eyes suspiciously, Abigail pulled Jasper along.

"What do you think they're planning? Another experiment? Ha! I'd like to see them try!" Stepping into the hall, Abigail spotted Kate. Her wings fanned out behind her as she stopped. Jasper looked between her and Kate, hoping he wouldn't have to hold her back. 

"You're one of them aren't you." Abigail said to Kate, eyes never leaving her.

"Abi..." Jasper tried to get her attention but she was fixated on the mage before her. 

"Your kind did this! Tore our family apart!" Abigail went to lunge at Kate but was stopped by Jasper who had moved in front of her, blocking her from Kate. 

"Abi please...don't." His ears lowered, he didn't want to fight her.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:24 pm 

Kate looked up at the winged female, "My kind? I would say there are those that wished you harm. Slavers, they did indeed. My kind, do you mean kits, humans, other races. I am very angry at Malora and Lord Draco. if you mean there kind. I am a friend to you and Jasper, and your kind. There is no slavery allowed. The mages here did not mean you harm. They purchased you to help you. I am so very happy for you and Jasper. Please understand me I mean no harm to either of you. Please join your brother and I for lunch. We can explain our meeting and you and Jasper can catch up. I have no desire to fight you. I would rather we be friends, I love your brother and we have a special relationship. I would much rather explain that too, over lunch. Please, this is a happy occasion and we need to celebrate not fight."

Kate hoped the woman would she was anxious to leave the mage guild and food put most everyone in a good mood. Kate was told Abigail had not eaten. It was lunchtime and she was hungry. She hopped Jasper felt like eating.
Kate did not look into Abigail's eyes as she spoke; she wanted to show no signs as a threat.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:54 am 

Abigail never answered Kate on what she meant by her kind, instead she struggle against Jasper before finally slumping against him. She didn't have the strength to fight. Abigail didn't believe what she was hearing. How could the mages have wanted to help her after all they had done? 

She listened to what Kate said scowling as she held her face against Jasper's shoulder. Jasper had one hand on her shoulder in case she tried anything. He almost missed when his sister muttered an angry answer, his ears twitching as he turned his head to face Kate.

"Fine, but you try anything, know I won't be holding back." Hearing this, Jasper lowered his ears and quickly looked back to Abigail. 

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:11 pm 

Kate nodded as she led them out and saw how physically weak Abigail tried to walk. Kate turned to Jasper, "We can eat here. The kitchen is stocked with food. I will have one of the cooks prepare us a hot lunch." Hate let them to the banquet room and into the kitchen. A mage cook had just finished eating, when Kate approached her, "Please fix a meal of catfish, seafood bisque, hot rolls with butter, and apple cider, and fresh strawberries with whipped cream. Abigail will have chicken with dumplings and sweet bread with bitter, cut up strawberries and hot tea, please. If she can keep that down, she may have anything she likes."
The cook prepared the food and brought to a table outside the kitchen. Kate was afraid Abigail would pass out Kate motioned Abigail was served first, "I do not want you to have a tummy ach. Please eat these and put them in your tea.They are sperament leaves they will prevent from being sick. I am a healer. The tea has ginger root mixed in it. You will never starve or be harmed by me or my family. Abigail you are in Wildwood Shire and the mages here they feared you. I am sorry. Please eat and do not worry about manners. I just want you to be happy. I hope you will stay at my home for as long as you like. I will let you become acquainted while I get you proper clothes. It is cold out and when you feel better I would like to take you shopping."

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:00 am 

Jasper followed Kate, leading Abigail and supporting her when she needed. He listened to Kate speaking to the mage cook, continuing to look between her and his sister who had paled at his arm. As they sat Jasper could feel both his own tension as well as Abigail's, he felt this increase as Kate addressed her. 

Abigail watched Kate, suspicion and mistrust on her face. Suspecting Kate was trying to knock her out or something, Abigail didn't budge. Jasper felt her eyes on him but kept his own gaze down, he wasn't expecting what he heard next.

"How can I trust you're not like everyone else?" In a way it wasn't that odd of a question. He himself had wondered the same thing on more than one occasion, and it took him a long time to see that Kate wasn't lying when she said she wasn't like his old mistress. 

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:25 am 

Kate expected Abigale would say that; Kate stopped and looked Abigail. The winged woman looked ready to fight even though she was pale and her wings had no luster. The human looked pail and gaunt. Kate tried to be as non threatening as possible. She placed her hands down at her sides and averted at eye contact, "Jasper would be the one to ask. I saved from the brink of death. I have tried my best to make him happy. I can't believe we found you so easily. He is trying his best to adjust to living here. Now that he has found you, he can heal. I have tried to show him kindness and how to have fun. He missed so much as a child; I thought playing in the snow would help heal. He remembers you, Abigaile If you accept all he has to say, you too may stay. I am sure my father will be willing to share a room with Jasper."

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:36 pm 

Abigale's gaze went from Kate to Jasper, taking in her brother's downcast appearance. He had almost died! He was her little brother, and she had failed to protect him. What kind of big sister was she? She remembered him as just a small kid, constantly keeping his eyes down and doing as he was told without question. It seemed that hadn't changed much. Though he also seemed much more hesitant then he had been, and so much different from the little boy she used to know. The boy she would climb onto the stable roof with to lay in the sun, tickling him mercilessly just to hear him giggle and beg her to stop. She wondered what had happened after she left, what had forced her sweet little brother to change so much.

Reaching across to his pale and scarred hand, she felt him flinch slightly at the touch. 

Jasper had been watching the table, his ears swiveling every now and then to pick up every little noise. From the memories he had recovered he didn't remember Abigale being so hostile, but then he also didn't know what had happened to her here. When he felt a hand against his own he flinched, drawing a quick breath as he lifted his head quickly to see who it was. His green eyes met his sister's and he quickly ducked his head once more. 

Abigale saw this and it pained her to see him like this. She was his sister, she wasn't going to hurt him. She sighed, holding back her own angry tears at everyone who had caused Jasper harm. She wanted nothing more than to wrap him up in her arms and wings like she used to, feel him nuzzle into her shoulder and tell him everything would be okay. But could she still do that? Things had changed, and she wondered if that applied to their relationship as well. Moving one of her wings Abigale felt a sharp pain shoot through the length of it, and when she looked down to the floor she could see a few more feathers that had fallen out.

Jasper, on hearing her small gasp looked up once more, following his sister's gaze before looking briefly to Kate, unsure as to what he was to do.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:55 pm 

Kate notice Jasper had flinched as he did with her. She saw Jasper's brief, pained look, "She is loosing her feathers because she is stressed and has not eaten. Do not worry, once she gets food and is at home in the manor, she will regain her feathers and luster. The family ball will be too much for you both. I have a room-suite in the school. Would you and Abigail like to stay in it? I will come pick you up after the ball. Abigail, you will come to no harm and I will set you up to have food and housekeeping. I am so sorry for the lab wing treatment. They tried to help and you saw them as trying to harm you. I will place a protective spell in my wing and anyone with malice goes to the keep. This will give you both time to get reacquainted without interruption. The invitation to Wildwood Manor still stands if you do not mind the noise. I would love to have you both for company."

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:09 am 

Jasper listened to what Kate said, returning his gaze to his sister who returned his own worried expression with her own. He heard Kate ask if he and Abigail would like to stay at the school. In truth, he had grown use to being near Kate the majority of the time and wasn't sure how he felt about staying in a place away. Part of him felt betrayed, though he knew this wasn't true. Kate was simply looking out for him, and now his sister as well.

Abigail watched her brother as Kate spoke, not looking away even as she addressed her. The idea of getting to be with her little brother was too good to be true, but if what this mage said was true, and that she did in fact care for Jasper she supposed she could trust her for now. She didn't know about staying at the manor, but they would have to take things one step at a time. 

"Thank you Kate...again." Jasper said, turning to her. He wondered how he would ever repay her for everything she had done and was doing. Abigail took this as a chance to make her own comment.

"Jasper seems to trust you so I will, for now." She narrowed her eyes slightly at Kate, silently adding that she would not be against revoking her statement. 

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:53 pm 

Kate smiled and nodded her head, "Jasper has not left my side since I found him. I am fond of your brother and will miss him. I will be happy knowing he is with you, Abigai. You have a lot to catch up on and a few hours together will be good for you both. The quiet of my suite will be calming and you will be able to relax. You both have been so stressed."

The mage placed her hand over Jasper's left hand, "Would you like time alone with your sister? A nod would be alright. My room will be stocked with food from the housekeeper. She will not speak to you much or bother you. If you want, you can light the fireplace and cook your meals or have them delivered. Like I said, you be alone a few hours. The ball does not end until around 3 am. What time would you like me to pick you up? You can spend as much time together as you wish. There is no rush returning to the manor."

Kate offered them both more drinks and rolls, "Abigail, I would like you to stay in my suite and not feel rushed to return with me. Ann is the head cook and housekeeper at the manor; she will fix you your favorite dishes. She is a wonderful cook. Once you are rested, I would like to take you shopping for new clothes. Would you like anything else to eat?"

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:17 pm 

Jasper didn't meet anyone's eyes as Kate spoke, flinching slightly at her touch. Lifting his gaze to meet hers momentarily, Jasper took a moment before nodding slightly. He wanted to spend some time with his sister, especially now that he remembered he had one, but he also didn't want to leave Kate alone. He wasn't sure what time would be good for pick up and quickly glanced to Abigail and back to Kate, biting his lip as he did so. 

"I...um...in the morning perhaps?" He didn't want to trouble Kate by setting a time that wouldn't work for her, and he could work with anything really. 

Abigail watched all this curiously. She had know Jasper was shy as a kid, but shouldn't he have outgrown that by now? Again she wondered what had happened to put him in this state. She continued to watch both Jasper and Kate as the food and drink was offered. She was starving but ate very little. Abigail noticed that Jasper seemed to eat even less, keeping his head down and his feline ears pinned back. She wanted to reach over and pull him into a hug but after his reaction to a simple touch of the hand she wasn't sure how he would take this. A small part of her wanted to ask Kate about it, but didn't want Jasper to be further upset or agitated over it.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:29 pm 

Kate saw Jasper was behaving as a slave and was his nervous self, "Abigail, Jasper is doing his best to adjust to being treated as a free cat. He is slowly unlearning what was beat into him. I have been teaching him what play is. He is catching on. Now that you are here, he will progress a bit faster. I will be willing to help you too. Are you both done eating?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 33  Next