All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:55 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Jasper watched Kate, not sure how he should respond. On one side he would love the warmth and the chance to sleep in safety, not having to worry that someone was going to jump him in the middle of the night or try to kill him. On the other hand he felt it was too much. Too much to let his guard down like that and trust someone else while he was so vulnerable.

He eyed the spot next to Kate, he wanted to curl up there but he knew it wasn't what he should do. This inner turmoil taunted Jasper for what felt like forever but was in fact a matter of minutes. Another shiver ran through his limbs and forced himself to move, curling up next to Kate, feeling the warmth already. The promise of safety and comfort was too much, he knew he would come to regret this decision.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:13 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Kate was delighted she placed her bushy, red, white tipped, tail over him. "Good Jasper. Sleep in peace tonight. You are not alone anymore. Your safe now. Deep breaths, I will watch over you."

The mage resisted touching him further with her hand. He did it, he made a huge leap, trusting her. Kate was never happier than to have Jasper with her and no longer in the cruel hands of Draco and Melora. He would face more challenges. He would now he could escape to her.

Kate whispered, "Good night my special gift."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:32 pm 

Jasper felt the light weight of something over him, peeking upwards at it he saw Kate's tail and closed his eyes again. He listened to Kate's voice, allowing it to relax him and lull him into sleep. It didn't take long, he was beyond exhausted and was warm and comfortable for the first time in a long time. He nearly missed Kate's whisper but his enhanced hearing caught it as he fell into the realm of sleep. As his body finally relaxed and sleep overtook him he was peaceful for once. A soft purr escaped, an unconscious sign of his contentment.

The nightmares soon made themselves known, Jasper started off just twitching, his tail, a paw, an ear. Soon he began squirming, appearing as though he were trying to pull away from something.

Last edited by Asterous on Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:38 am 

Kate woke up to Jasper's limbs moving under her tail. It was as if an unseen force was making him fight. She slowly moved her hand toward his head. All the mage needed was to catch a gimps of his mind. He was in a physical struggle, a dream, a night terror, Kate had to make stop. "I am here, I am going to help you escape, you soon will learn to take control and get out of dreams of horrors and bring your self to a safe, peaceful place. I am freeing you fallow my voice. Malora, Draco, and beasts cannot harm you. You will become stronger and free yourself."

Kate held her hand to his forehead and sees him in cell. He is shackled and unable to move. Lord Draco is humiliating him before a crowd of onlookers. The crowd jeers, teases, and throws rotten vegetables at the cat-boy. He is on display as a zoo attraction. The Lord makes the young slave encourages the crowed to poke objects to make the boy hiss, bite, and claw through thick iron bars.

The boy sees Kate ignore everyone as she waved her hand over the cage, his bonds, and pulls him to her. She leads him away to a door that opens in the cage, the mage closes it. Before him is a sunny meadow. No fear, they will not fallow. See the grass and up ahead is a lake. "Come, mythological creature want to play for you. All you have to do is lie and watch."

Jasper sees two unicorns playing in the meadow. They are joined by a half man half goat playing a flute. The music is sweet and light. Fairies dance in view as flowers spring up around them. A soft breeze is felt and the cat-boy is lulled to a dream of the enchanted meadow. Kate voice can barely be heard, "Sleep, rest easy, your in my dream world, here you will stay until you wake up."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:42 pm 

The shackles bit into Jasper's wrists and ankles, cutting into the flesh as he pulled against them. The shouts from the crowd fell on his ears, making them ring. He doesn't remember what he had done to get Lord Draco to do this, had he fought again? Lashed out at another guard who had overstepped their orders? He bared his fangs and hissed as a man used a sharpened stick to jab at his exposed torso, batting it away with a bloody hand.

His ears flattened against his head, pulling on the shackles in a vain attempt to get away, away from the jeers and taunts of the people, the stern look and smirk from Lord Draco. From the corner of his eye Jasper sees a girl approach and focuses on her. She isn't shouting, isn't trying to get him to act more feral than he is. Instead she somehow releases him from the chains and pulls him close. Instinctively he tries to pull away.

As she leads him through the door his memories shift and he recognizes the girl as his new Mistress. He hears the door close and turns to Kate. He hears what Kate has to say and feels a sense of calming overcome him. He allows himself to be led and lulled back into the reach of sleep. His eyes half closed, Jasper turned his head slightly towards Kate.

"How did you do that? Changing memory to dreams?" He asked, a little braver in this dreamland than he was in the waking world.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:33 pm 

The lord's daughter mindspoke to Jasper in his dream state and spoke to him, *This is a talent I was born with. I can enter your mind as you dream. I never enter your mind unless you give me permission. I will not enter your mind when you are awake. I help many friends and family that have nightmares. You will be able to escape your dreams and create peaceful places. I will keep you in my room at night , until you can sleep on your own. There are terrifying, haunting dreams and I can lead you out. How to escape? I will tell you in the morning. You go back to sleep in the meadow and I will stay with you. You are free to explore and interact with the creatures. A thought of your past, I will not allow to take hold to fester.*

Kate slowly pet him with her tail. She lulled him back to sleep. She did not change the pastoral scene of her dream. In the dream, she takes in a small dock she hands him a fishing pole, as two poles are propped on the rail. She watches him if he can fish.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:51 pm 

Jasper listened to Kate and sighed contently. He was glad to be out of the nightmare, thankful for Kate's ability. He'd never admit that it worried him slightly that she could enter minds, but this was brushed aside as she continued to explain.

A small part of his mind could sense Kate's tail petting him in the real world and he allowed the soothing feeling to take hold and calm him. He nuzzled against her in the waking world, feeling a sense of security.

In the dream world he was surprised when she handed him a fishing pole. Inwardly he smiled slightly, feeling as though this was a bit of a joke. A cat who didn't know how to fish. Luckily, he had been present during enough fishing outings with Lord Draco to have a general understanding of the activity.

This soon led his thoughts to his new mistress and how he would serve her. This far she hadn't mentioned exactly what he was to do and it bothered him not knowing. He was use to having a routine, or at least an idea of what was expected of him. His brow furrowed as he thought about this and his eyes remained watching the scene before him, not wanting to cause Kate any worry.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:22 pm 

Kate picked the pole and willed in the dream a bucket of minnows. These she used to hook metal hooks. In the dream showed Jasper how to will things. *I want a metal hook, visualize and it appears. *Can you swim?* Kate attaches a minnow to the hook and she walks to the end of the pier; then wills twine, she ties on the string, then places the fish and twine into the water.

*Will you a set of claws, and see of you can catch fish. I will join you in my fox form.*

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:35 pm 

Jasper tilted his head to the side slightly, watching Kate will things into existence here. He tried it and was surprised it worked, following Kate's lead he set up the line and placed it a few feet separate from hers.

He hadn't expected her to ask if he could swim, but he nodded to answer the question. He didn't mention that in human form he couldn't swim very well and preferred to be in his Savannah cat form when it came to water, instead he shifted into this form, willing his claws to grow at the same time. In this form the tips of his ears came to about mid-thigh of the average man.

He flexed his paws, loving the feel of having his claws back in functioning order, even if it was only a dream. He flicked his ear before turning to look up to Kate, a hint of happiness in his eyes for the first time since being with her.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:02 am 

Kate smiled widely, she saw him as a healthy Savannah cat. *Jasper, your markings are lovely. You would hide in the grass and not be found. Show me how you catch fish.* Kate bent down; patted his shoulder, scratched behind his head. The mage swung her left arm over her head,*Go have fun. Swim to your heats delight.*

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:42 pm 

Jasper's ear flicked at the praise, it had been a long time since he had felt like this. He leaned into the affection given by Kate, savoring the feelings with a purr. As Kate stood up and told him to go have fun he was hesitant. They may have been in a dream but he was still the slave to his mistress. Slowly he crept into the grass, blending in just as Kate had predicted.

As his instincts took over he momentarily pushed his worries aside and chose to follow those instincts, at least for a little while. He made his way to the water's edge and carefully let himself walk in until the water reached his belly. Glancing once more at Kate, Jasper leap deeper and let himself become submerged in the water. He shook his head, water droplets scattering across the surface as the cat played in the water.

Temporarily forgetting everything else, Jasper played like he was a kitten again.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:28 am 

Kate watched as he was hesitant to leave her side, she was happy for him to follow his instincts as he stalked then plated in the water. *Yey! You did it! Very good Jasper, you can swim and be your own cat.* Kate jumped and clapped. *This is what for you. Happy being, what you are, a cat. Kate let him swim by himself for a few moments before she took her fox form and joined him. She dove under water, then swam, them surfaced. *Dive under you can see clearly underwater. Would you like to catch some fish? We can stay here all night.*

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:48 am 

Jasper heard Kate's words of praise but forced himself to not react, he wasn't going to allow himself to let it get to him otherwise he would come to rely on it. His mind turned once more to his instincts and continued to swim and play in the water. His attention was caught by the sound of water splashing and he turned to see what was coming.

He watched Kate in her fox form dive under the water and resurface, swimming alongside her. Taking her advice he dove under, seeing clearly the life in the water. Using his claws he swatted a fish as it swam past, causing a stir in the school and the fish to scatter. A feline grin appeared on his face as he resurfaced.

If this was how he could spend his night he wasn't going to complain. It was the complete opposite from what he was use to, plagued by nightmares every night until he had begun to force himself to stay awake to avoid them, up to the point of passing out from exhaustion. He knew that when he woke up things would be different; the pain would return, though lessened since being brought to his new mistress, his claws would return to their state of being cut away, and his life of worrying over doing the right thing and striving to please would commence once more. But until than, he was content to be where he was.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:26 am 

Through the rest of the night Kate focused the dream on catching fish. It was at mid-morning before the mage awoken. She heard the voices of her brother and father. The fox-human did not want to awaken the peacefully sleeping Jasper in his Savannah cat form. There is a soft knock at the door. Kate forgot to mention Ann would have breakfast and hot tea.

Ann entered the room she saw Kate with a spotted cat in slumber under her tail. Ann heard about the cage, she feared a large cat was loose. The Savannah cat brought curiosity, she crept to the bed carrying breakfast. Kate sniffed the air and stretched. "Ahh good morning Ann. Ooh Breakfast. Did you make extra for my gift. This is Jasper, he was delivered last night. He's easily ohh I forgot. Do not move, Ann. Jasper is not, he's not able to make friend yet. Poor guy was given to me by Malora."

Ann sat the dishes down, "The poor dear, you must be all a fright. Now don't ya worry. Your in the best of hands. Kate is top of 'er class she is. Yer gots the best mage in the kingdom looking after ya. Ya needent fear us. Ya wants ta eat ya just ask. The kitchen is always open. Will yas be need anythin'g else?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:41 am 

Jasper slept peacefully for the remainder of the night. He stirred slightly at the knock on the door but didn't wake just yet, at the sound of Kate's voice and the new scent in the air his eyes opened and he stretched, taking note that in his sleep he had shifted his form not just in the dream but also in the waking world. He twisted around to give an apologetic look to Kate when his gaze fell on the second person in the room. Freezing, Jasper's muscles tensed and his eyes locked on this new person.

He heard Kate explaining to this woman where he had come from and he sat up, his ears pulled back and his tail around his feet. He watched the woman, Ann, place a tray down before speaking to him. He listened to her but remained frozen next to Kate. Ann didn't seem like a threat but he couldn't trust her yet, trust was a dangerous thing when placed in the wrong places, he had learned that. People whom he had once trusted, even fellow slaves of Lord Draco and Lady Malora had turned on him when the chance arose.

As Ann finished Jasper looked to Kate, lost as to what he was to do. She hadn't given him any instructions or orders as to what she wanted from him and he didn't know where to go from here.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:37 am 

The intruder wore her hair in a bun; she was dressed in a black cotton, floor length, dress with a white Peter Pan collar with a full apron. She entered Kate's room carrying a tray. The woman looked to over 30 years set a tray on Kate's dresser. The room permeated with the smell of warm maple syrup, baked pancakes, warm baked apples, cooked meat,and hot tea. The tray had two plates full food, two mugs that smelled of hot apples, two sets of silverware, two napkins, one class of cream, a small glass with a indented lip, and a plate of several tiny yellow squares. The lady, dressed in the white apron, removed a link of boar meat from a plate of pancakes. She barely waved the sausage link under Jasper's warm nose.

The lady in the black dress, saw of the largest cat with huge, fearful eyes, frozen laying beside Kate then spoke with a calm, soft, friendly voice, "I want to be ya friend. Come take it, no harm will come you. I am the family head housekeeper and cook. Me name is Ann an if ya get hungry, just let me know. I will bring ya food until ya well."

Kate seeing Jasper, frozen lying next to her; the only movement she saw, was his tail over his paws. Kate lifted her tail and placed it around him, "Ann, this is Jasper. Jasper, this is Ann. She is not a slave. Jasper, you do not bow to her and you may talk freely to her. You will be seeing Ann a lot. You can eat from her hand; her cooking is delicious...very good. I hope you will like her. Ann is the head housekeeper and cook. I love her like a mother. My mother died when when I was five. Ann raised me to be a lady."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:13 pm 

Jasper's nose twitched at the new smells in the room, lifting his head slightly he sniffed the air. He watched Ann, carefully following her movements with his eyes. He could feel his mouth water at the smell of the boar meat passed under his nose, his stomach growling slightly as well. Embarrassed, his ears which had perked up, returned to being lowered and he turned his gaze downward.

He heard the kindness in the woman's voice, so unlike everything he had been exposed to all his life. He felt Kate's tail around him and relaxed a fraction. He was beginning to trust her, slowly but the hints of trust were there. His ears perked up at the introductions and the explanation of this woman, Ann. When Kate said her mother had died when she was only five, Jasper felt a pang of sympathy. He didn't remember his own parents but he knew how close others could get to their own.

Slowly, Jasper moved to the edge of the bed and carefully jumped down. He eyed Ann skeptically, turning his green gaze back to Kate once more before cautiously approaching the woman, ready to bolt at a moments notice.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:45 pm 

Ann was surprised to a cat so tall. She was used to animals being wary and in Kate's care. The strange woman knelt down to Jasper and offered him the sausage, "Ya not trust easy, Jasper. You and I will be friends soon. You tell me what ya likes ta eat and I will cook it for you. I sees ya been hurt; can ya talk? If ya not ready to eat from me hand; I will set your plate next to Katie. Ya wont be harmed, Dear. Would ya like tea or cream or both?"

Ann allowed him to sniff the sausage link as she spoke to him. She did not move toward him. The older woman knew Jasper had a terrible life upon seeing patches of missing fir; socks on his paws, and both eyes were nearly swollen shut. He looked like a neglected, feral cat. The lady in the black dress knew Kate to bring in strays; at this point Ann thought Jasper was a ordinary stray.

Kate did not say a word, Ann was doing everything right and was curious to see how Jasper would react. Ann knew how to get stray to like her with food. Jasper had all the sighs being leery. His ears were forward and head was down, and his eyes glanced for a way to bolt then back at her. Ann heard him sniff the morsel. If the mat was not in her hand, he have hid.

"Ya find Ann is a safe person and one will never harm ya. Katie, how you get him to sleep by ya? I sees this one been in a few fights and lost. I never saw a stray this neglected an unloved. Jasper, we like many animals and your welcome into the kitchen. I have a plate for you, Dear. I have cooked eggs, sausage, a biscuit, and warm cream with vanilla."

Ann looked at Jasper holding the sausage in the palm of her hand. "It's yours and I will not touch you. I only brought Katie breakfast. Ya get run of the house. Be aware of Princess she's the family house cat."

As Ann jabbered Kate was laughing inside. She thought allowing the cook to think Jasper was a common cat; would be a fun trick to play on Ann.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:12 am 

When Ann knelt down Jasper froze, watching her. When he realized she wasn't going to hurt him he slowly moved closer and sniffing at the offered meat. He listened to the woman speak, trying to let her voice calm him but he was still on edge, never letting his guard down. He stayed a small distance from the woman, even as she spoke. He couldn't bring himself to take the food from her hand, his mind expecting some sort of trick, even though he knew there was none.

At the mention of the fights, Jasper's tail flicked behind him, and his ears twitched, a faint trace of tension in his body as he remembered his past up until this point. So many things Ann was saying were unusual to him. Being allowed to go anywhere in the house, going to her with anything he needed, it was so different he was unable, or unwilling to accept it.

Jasper remained where he was, a short space between himself and Ann. He was close enough that if she reached out her hand would be able to brush between his ears, yet far enough that he could still bolt should he need to. His back and shoulders were tense as he stopped here. He couldn't bring himself to eat from her hand, not yet. He could feel the ache in his paws return as he held himself in such a rigid position, but chose to ignore it as it was nowhere near as bad as it had been, easy enough to ignore and pretend it wasn't there.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:01 pm 

Ann could tell Jasper was not going to eat from her hand. She placed the sausage on a plate. The cook placed a plate that full of food next to Kate. "In time you will come to trust me. Enjoy you breakfast. Dear, do be aware that a white Persian cat roans the manor."

Kate sat up on the edge of the bed; picked up his plate; and sat it her lap. , "Jasper, come sit beside me and eat. Ann, thank you for the food. Jasper and I will have dinner here. I am taking him into town to get fitted for clothes."

The mage picked up a fork and knife, she cut the food into tiny morsels, "You do not have eat all the food. Eat these herbs of speriment first. This will settle you tummy. You will only be allowed to stand to be measured for your cloths. The rest of the time, I will carry you, hidden under my cloak."

Kate removed two sprigs of the herb and waited for him to jump up next to her. Ann nodded then left the room then closed the door behind her.

C. .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 33  Next