All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:34 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Jasper watched Kate return the book to her sister. He hoped things would calm down now that the situation had been settled, but he was wrong. He heard what Sara said, what she had called him, but oh how he wished he hadn't. He knew what he had done, but he had had to. However when it was stated like that, that he was a killer, it seemed so much worse. Keeping his eyes on the table, Jasper heard what Kate said about Sara, though only faintly as though through water.

When he felt Kate's mana, Jasper pulled his gaze up to face her. He tried to follow what she said but couldn't seem to get his breathing under control. Lowering his head and closing his eyes, he could feel that he was trembling and close to breaking down right there. He heard rather than saw Kate stand and tell him to follow her, and he did.

Jasper felt the tension ease up some, he had grow use to Ann and felt safe with her. He still watched as Kate left him with her though. It didn't take long before Jasper felt himself calm and soon fall asleep under Ann's care. It wasn't a restful sleep though.

The nightmares he had been having had returned and Jasper found himself back in the arena. He was beaten and bruised, without anyway of defending himself. From above he could hear the jeers of the audience as he dodged whatever they threw. He couldn't see his opponent. Turning around, ears swiveling to catch any sound over the crowd, Jasper was stopped when he saw Kate. What was she doing here? Trying to get to her, Jasper saw Malora standing with her niece. He froze, watching them, trying to figure out what was going on. He tried calling out to Kate but she ignored him, turning away with her aunt. This couldn't be possible, Kate wasn't like Malora! Running after them, Jasper clung to the bars keeping him trapped in the arena.

Waking with a jolt, Jasper quickly took in the room and realized it was a dream. His attention snapped to the door as a young girl stepped in. Watching her carefully, ready to bolt, Jasper observed her approaching with the wash cloth. He tried to calm down again, but his breath hitched at the mention of his old title. Without thinking, Jasper shifted into his Savannah form and darted around the girl. He didn't know where he was going, or even what he was going to do, he just needed to get away. He knew Kate and the others were likely already gone, maybe he could find Ann? In the kitchen he shifted back to his human form and looked for the woman, his heart racing. He tried to blink away the tears in his eyes, he didn't need to cry right now, he didn't need to, no, couldn't fall apart.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:31 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Ann was washing dishes as Jasper came into view, "Jasper. Where are you going?"
Mia ran after him, "W'at wrong?"
Ann dried her hands, "Easy there Dear. Come here." She held her arms out. "Come Dear. Do not be frightened. Ann's here for you, Jasper."
Ann turned to Mina, "Go. Child. Jasper is none of your concern."
Mina shrugged and headed to her room.
Ann slowly let him to the farm table, "Another nightmare. Dear. Let it all out. Get it all out of your system. I know this has been a terrible morning. Tell me all about your dream." Ann gave him a tender hug. Tell me all about you arrival. What happened Dear?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:53 pm 

Jasper hated interrupting Ann in her work, after all, he should be able to deal with his own problems instead of going to someone else all the time. He let Ann lead him to the table, stammering out an apologize.

"I am s...sorry Ann, I did not m...mean to bother you." His ears lowered and his eyes found the floor as she spoke. He couldn't just let it all out. He knew he was on the verge of tears but he couldn't cry. He wouldn't let himself. Trying to even out his breathing enough to answer, Jasper felt Ann hug him. He knew he could trust her.

"I...I was back in the arena, and Kate was there. But she was d...different, like my old mistress." Jasper bit his lip, he had to finish now. "S...she left me there, didn't even look back when I called." His voice broke as he finished.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:08 pm 

Ann embraced him and handed him the dish towel. "Terrible. Just awful. Is just us Dear. Get it out, Dear. Your all bottled up." Ann smoothed his hair in back. "No shame, Dear. Let the tears flow. I gots ya. There is a good, Jasper. A good cry does the body good." Ann held him to her, "Cry it all out. There now feel better." Ann wiped his face, "You have been so brave all morning. Sara, just caught you and is not your fault. Jasper tell me what happened the last day you left your mistress."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:28 pm 

Jasper pulled away slightly, not wanting to give in. However Ann was persistent and he soon stopped and just accepted that she wasn't likely to let him go in the state he was now. He couldn't remember the last time he had just let himself cry, he had always just kept everything in. 

He could feel the tears coming again and had to force himself to not fight against them. He kept his head down as they streaked his face. He feared that now he had started he wouldn't be able to control it. Slowly, Jasper broke down, crying brokenly against Ann. 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:41 pm 

Ann felt his whole body quiver, "That's so good. Yes. Tell Ann all about it. A good cleansing of the soul. So many hurts and fears. Let me know when you need this. I know its been a hard road. I am glad it led you to us. Get it all out. We have plenty of time before we leave."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:56 pm 

It took longer than Jasper had thought and hoped before he was able to stop. Sniffling, and wiping at his face he pulled away from Ann embarrassed. He met her gaze, his eyes still watery.

"Thank you Ann." He didn't know how else to express his gratefulness for her, for letting him break down in front of her. "Do you need any help in here?" Jasper asked. He had interrupted her work and the least he could do was to help her with it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:04 pm 

Ann was concerned for Jasper when her ran to her. She led him the the farm table bench and embraced him. He reminded her of her own son. She smoothed his hair and held him as long as he wanted. His eyes remained downcast as he was taught. Ann dabbed his eyes with her apron, "Oh you needed that for a long time."
The girls can get the rest thank you for offering. Best we get ready and get you ready to meet the king. Remember the king is human like us. He is benevolent and merciful. He detests slavers who enter the kingdom. He is friends with all whom Kate likes. She loves you and so do I. This is your moment in the sun, enjoy it. Come on to my room. I will make you presentable." Ann styled his hair and added hit of henna and bottle of hair tonic to make his hair shinny. She shaved him, trimmed his sideburns and ends of his hair. She added the satin bow to the ends of his hair the presented the mirror. There is fine Lad, if I ever saw. Ann added little make up to cover his bruises. "How's that? Better?"
She helped him with his shirt tie, cotton body vest full of throwing stars, and small knives, a sheath for a his leg dagger, and arm sheaths for daggers, cuff links, coat, over cloak, gloves, top hat, shoes, and scarf. She let him see himself in a full length mirror. "Fine. A real gentleman Jasper and armed to the teeth. "Follow me to his lordships armory."
Ann led him into the study to a hidden book shelf that opened to an enormous great room filled with a wall of swords, knives, and martial arts weapons to his immediate left, a sparring area with wooden target dummies to the right. In front of him is a large table of swords and armorer unsheathed covered with scrolls of parchment and gemstones. On the far left of the room are vials, dried plants, and entire set of glasses and moter and pestals sets. The back of the room was an examination table and rows of scrolls on wooden shelves. Ann opened a case placed infront of the weapons wall. The glass case filled with throwing weapons, "His lordship asked that you take your pick."
After he chose his weapons Ann closed the hidden book case and in the back of the manor, she met Peel in the carriage house. "We are ready to join the family."
Peel pulled the carriage around and when Ann entered the carriage she covered Jasper and herself with a fleece blanket and quilt. "You look very handsome. You should be very proud of your progress. Do you have any questions?"
With a lurch the four horse drawn carriage pulled from the back to the main drive and into the main road into the keep. The carriage passed the main pasture on Jasper's right and in the distance he saw the meadow blanket with snow. When Peel turned toward the keep, he could on the horizon the 500 acre lake covered in ice. The dock in the distance that appeared in his first dream with Kate.
It was not long they entered the keep followed the road into town and made a right near Heidi's to the garden district and stooped at the awnings and the Coach and Six. Peel opened the coach door and awaited the occupants to exit. Kate was standing just inside.
He entered and Kate greeted him with a huge smile and held both his hands, "You look so handsome. Come in. It was the first time away from you. I missed you."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:33 pm 

Jasper had almost forgotten that he would have to meet the king. When Ann reminded him he tensed. From her description, he didn't sound like someone he should fear, but he still did, it was ingrained in him. A little reluctantly, Jasper followed Ann back to her room. He tried his best to sit still as she got him ready, it was the first time he had been treated like this. He couldn't help but blush when she complimented him and presented the mirror. When he was able to see the end result in the full length mirror he was surprised. He had forgotten what he himself looked like when cleaned up, having never had the chance or reason to do so. Following Ann once more to the armory, Jasper once more felt odd in this clothing, especially now with the added bits and pieces of the outfit, and soon to be hidden weapons.

Upon seeing the weapons room, Jasper recognized most of the weapons, having used many of them before, or had them used against him. Busy studying the lined walls, Jasper turned at the sound of Ann's voice and moved to stand next to her. Examining the contents of the case, he chose what he thought was necessary, and proceeded to follow Ann back out.

When the two were settled in the carriage, Jasper hid a small smile at being called handsome, and shook his head no when asked if he had any questions. From what he had been told this morning, he was to remain by Kate's side and look out for her. He was still concerned with possibly seeing people from his past though. Watching the scenery outside, Jasper tried to take his mind off of what may happen. It wasn't long before the carriage had stopped and Jasper was reunited with Kate. He felt some of his tension ease as she held both his hands in her own. He wondered once more if he would ever grow use to being complimented or if he was forever to blush and lower his gaze when one was given. As much as seeing Kate again had calmed him, he was still nervous, his hands shaking slightly.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:11 am 

Kate felt his hand shake under his gloves, "Breath. One more deep breath. You are tense take a deep breath. Head up. Keep you eyes forward. Six families are here beside the royal family. You play the part of a gentleman. No one here can tell your past. Stand tall and know no one here is better than you. If spoken to is good evening milady and sir. You speak if spoken to. I will introduce you to Princess Amanda. Do not worry about memorizing anyone's name. Remember to follow Papas lead when meeting the King and breath. Do you have any questions before we file in?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:22 am 

Jasper did as he was told, getting his breathing under control the best he could. He knew it was going to be difficult to follow everything Kate said but followed her directions. He secretly hoped he would go unnoticed for the evening and wouldn't have to worry about speaking to anyone. He didn't believe what Kate said about no one being better than him, these were upper class, high society families after all. When she asked if he had any questions, dozens came to mind. What if he forgot something? What if someone recognized him? What if he froze up or panicked? His worry was clear on his face as he looked to Kate, feeling he would never be ready for this.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:50 am 

Kate pulled Jasper beside the coat rack. "You are scared. I see it on your face. If you feel panicked we rush here. We all enter the receiving line, follow Papa's lead. He will know a lot of people. Believe me he is nervous too. He hates crowds. I will not leave your side. When we sit down to dinner take my arm in yours. Watch what others do. At dinner you may ask what utensil to use by whispers. I will try to make this night painless as possible. After you meet the King and we will be together. He will not bite you. Relax your face this is not were you fear for you life or look stern as if your going to fight. We are going into the dining room to eat face. May I see a closed smile. You are pleasant and your eyes pan slowly. Good keep breathing. You feel stress grip my skirt or make a fist on your pant leg. Keep your hands out of your pockets. Ready?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:01 am 

Jasper listened carefully to what Kate said. It was a lot and he felt a little overwhelmed by it all. Closing his eyes, Jasper took a few deep breaths before opening them again and meeting Kate's gaze. He would do his best to not mess up tonight, and try to remain as calm as he could under the circumstances. 

With a sigh and a flick of his ear Jasper nodded.

"I...I think so." He answered. He knew Kate wouldn't leave him and would be near by to help when needed. He would have to work hard to act as he should, refraining from lowering his head and shying away. What was natural for him would have to be pushed away for tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:28 am 

Kate placed her left arm in his and smiled at him, "Alright here we go. We walk to Papa and Jon. Stand beside my father. You nod your head in public; you do not bow to anyone but the King. Papa will tell you how to greet the King. If we run into Amanda you watch how young men kiss a ladies hand. That is all the greeting she gets. I have to be pleasant to her. Let us say I tolerate her. We are not the best of friends."
Jasper is next to Jon and Lyons turns toward him, "My I must say you look sharp tonight. You ready to face the lions? Stand next to me, you do as I do. Say very little. You look nothing like the man you once were. I doubt anyone here would recognize you. You see anyone you recognize say hello and greet the next person. Should they say you look familiar say, "others say that too" then greet the next person. I will introduce you at the end to King Atrious. Bow after me. Speak as I do to you. You address him as I do. You got any questions?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:42 am 

Jasper looked to Kate once more before turning his attention forward. He had to refrain from dropping his gaze to the floor as he was so use to. He was glad to be in the company of Jon and Lord Lyons, at least they were familiar and safe to him, not something he could say about the rest of the room. At Lord Lyons statement of facing the lions, Jasper looked to him with a bit of confusion, having never heard this phrase before. However, it was forgotten as he was instructed once more on how he should act. He was sure someone would recognize him, very few people had the ears, tail, fangs, and eyes of a feline, especially a Savannah. Of course few had seen him in his human form outside of the arena so he counted on this as being what kept him hidden. 

As for questions, he had none as of now, and answered as such.

"No master." Jasper said, forcing himself to keep up the appearance in the face of wanting to submit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:16 am 

Lyons was pleased with how Ann dressed him. Not a detail was forgotten, nor hair out of place. Lyons greeted the six families as if he had known them for years. No one said a word out of place toward Jasper. Is was not in the least unusual to have a cat as a bodyguard. Though most were curious to see Lyons with one. At the end of the line was the Royal Family. Lyons knelled before his sovereign though he was the Kings Advisor and closest friend. Both men about the same age and had a son and daughter. There was no queen. As Jasper knelt he caught the eye of Amanda who was about Kate's height with brown hair, brown eyes, and wore a white dress with real gens and a jeweled tiara. King Atrious was in full uniformed regalia with a yellow sash and chest full of medals. Atrious faced Jasper, "Evening Lad. Welcome to the Kingdom of Atria. Your master tells me you suffered hardship and not for Lady Mage Katherine you'd have died. You are one lucky fellow. Kate will be entering the college at my Summer home. I invite you to see me in the Fall. I will have use for your acquired training to help train my elite among elite. The palace guards could use your fighting skills. You could accompany Kate and I am sure arrangements would be made. Think upon this over the next months. I hope you know how lucky you are be in my Goddaughter's family. We will meet again later to discuss your possible future."

Last edited by LadyKate43 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:12 am 

Greeting the families was a true test. Keeping his composure, even upon recognizing a few was a challenge but he was glad no one commented on him or appeared to recognize him. When it was time to meet the Royal Family, Jasper felt ready to throw up. Follow Lord Lyons lead, Jasper knelt, catching the eye of a woman in a white dress. Casting his gaze quickly downward, he mental scolded himself for such. 

When the king addressed him, Jasper wasn't sure if he could do this anymore. Listening to him, Jasper tried to remain calm and not show how fearful he was at that moment. He was not use to being spoken to like this, without the undertones of hostility or anger he so often experienced with the upper class, the Lyons being the exception. To say he hadn't been expecting the offer to help train the palace guards would be an understatement. When the king finished, Jasper thanked him, struggling momentarily with how to address him. 

"Thank you, your highness." A little of his nervousness had gone away at the news, but it did nothing to help the feeling of being out of place, and having to keep up an appearance that wasn't his own.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:44 pm 

Lyons gave him an approving non and winked at him. King Atrious extended his hand, "Arise Jasper, your master has kept me aware of your progress. I wish you the very best and Happy Winterfest." Atrius looked over to Lord Lyons, "Arise Gillian, see that he is ready to be knighted by next fall. His skill precedes him."
Lyons placed his arm on Jasper's shoulder. "I am proud of the lad. Thank you Sire. Please come and have supper before you return to Seville." Lyons leaned toward Jasper. "Bow, back 3 steps and turn. Well done."
Jon knelled to his Sovereign, they spoke briefly, and joined the Jasper and Lyons, "Hey, Jasp, whoa to be asked to train his elite, personal guards, that is unheard of. You must be a good fighter. You would be if Lord Draco trained you."
Kate passed last she gave her Godfather a hug and kiss on the cheek. She semi-curtsied then handed him a pouch of her healing supplies and rare herbs. "It has been too long since we saw each other. I miss you. Godfather have a wonderful Winterfest. Do visit before you leave."
Atrius smiled at Kate and placed his left hand on hers, "You have the best greeting my sweet. Thank you for the gifts. You made them yourself. My your look like your mother and just as talented." He whispered to her, "Master mage Allen says your top of your class. Katherine, I could not be prouder." He looked at Amanda, "If only you studied as Kate."
Kate looked over to Princess Amanda and grinned, "No worries your Majesty. She thinks she is queen of the mage school." Kate saw Amanda huff and roll her eyes.
King Atrious held her hands and he stood her up, "I will visit you Katie. I never can refuse an invite from you. By the way, that is a handsome lad you have taken in. Do you like him?"
Kate nodded and whispered, "I love him. We keep that quiet for now." She squeezed his hands and stepped back two paces and quickly took Jasper by the hand. He looked a bit peeked. "Oh gosh. You're sick."
Kate rushed him outside behind the hotel and beside a bush.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:53 pm 

Catching Lord Lyons' approving nod, Jasper released a small sigh, glad he had done the right thing. Hearing the king, Jasper rose and listened to him. Thankfully, the king's attention soon went to Lord Lyons. Hearing what the king asked of him, having Jasper ready to be knighted, he was once more shocked. Things had changed so quickly these past few weeks and he wasn't sure how to adjust properly. Going from a pit fighter and slave to where he was now was hard enough.

When he felt Lord Lyon's arm around his shoulders, Jasper first looked to his hand on the opposite side and than to the Lord questioningly. Without a word, he did as he was told, following the simple directions. He was distracted not long after by Jon. He made no comment on his fighting abilities, not wanting to discuss his training or Lord Draco at the moment. He hoped Jon would understand and not press the subject further.

Jasper felt Kate's hand in his and turned to face her. He heard her remark on him being sick and soon found himself being brought outside behind the hotel. Away from the eyes of all the upper class families, Jasper dropped his head and closed his eyes, letting out a long sigh in the process.

"I am sorry Kate." Jasper apologized, keeping his head down. 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:38 pm 

Kate looked at with her eyes wide, eyebrows raised and her mouth open, "You looked pale and all color left your cheeks. There is no place quick to take you. Barf in that bush. No one can see you. Why are you apologizing for this. Jasper, surely you were not punished when you upped."
The mage removed his coat and held his hair back.
Sorry I over stayed talking to my Godfather. I have always had a special relationship with him. I see him and all protocols go out the window. That is why I wait to greet him last. You did so well, I would not know this was your first time. I had no idea Papa and Atrious knew about you. Jasper, training the kings personal guard. No one gets that kind of honor. Did we both hear right? Godfather wants you knighted by Fall. Holy cow we have a lot to prepare for. Your very smart. If your game, I up to helping you. That means I have to get your studies up to nine levels. The rest we can work on in Seville. Sorry, but all his personal guards are highly educated. You have to have a diploma. I can prepare you to enter school in Seville. The Royal Academy has the best teachers. I know this sounds like an impossible fete. I will help you so you can pass the entrance exam. Jon will help you learn to be a knight. We can get our friends to help as well. We can not have you below par with the men your expected to train. You must be better than the are or they will not respect you. Ohh Jasper, your is life about to really change. I promise you time to play will be worked in."

Last edited by LadyKate43 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 33  Next