All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:24 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

The Phantomhive Estate, always so pristine in the morning hours. Sebastian Michaelis was busy looking through names of eligible young men of Fourteen and Fifteen years of age when he heard the distinct sound of footsteps caught his ears. "Ah, a guest, with a cursed soul? He's wandered over here has he?" He asked himself dusting his coat off as he left the study, tucking away the list.

-----

He slowly walked to the entrance of the estate, and looked around as if he just woke up. The young teen looked around and he bumped into a man looking down at him. "My oldest acquaintance, how long has it been? Several hundred years? During the age of Jeanne d'Arc? I remember you quite well. It was quite the stir you caused. What did that priest do to you again?"

The young man glared at him, and reached for thin air. "Silent treatment? Maybe you should get some rest." The moment Sebastian said that he fell onto his face, unconscious.

----

Sebastian put his unexpected guest in one of the guest rooms, and made sure he locked the door. He'll have to find a way to tell the mistress of the house about him soon. But then again, he could have some fun if the two met naturally and unlocked the door.

He had to hurry, breakfast had to be made and delivered before she woke. And if Breakfast wasn't on time, then what kind of a butler would he be?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:05 pm 

College is blah

Medals: 2
Completed RP (2)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/56 ... 2858e3.jpg

Ellie Phantomhive shot straight up in bed and yelled out in fear. Her face was dripping with sweat as she looked around her room. Empty as usual, save for a few of her father's decorations she had kept. The curtains were still closed, Sebastian hadn't come through to wake her yet. She have a soft sigh as she thought back to what her nightmare was about.

Cold. Dark. Hellish. The circular room was filled with the stench of sorrow and torture. The 7 year old Ellie sat fearfully in a cage on the cold, hard floor, tears streaming down her face. She watched as the men threw her father and mother to the side, both of them inches away from death. A man in a ceremonial robe reached into the cage and grabbed Ellie by the hair, dragging her out forcefully. He threw her on the table that was covered in the blood of her parents and held down. She squirmed and kicked to get the men off of her. She gave out a loud scream of pain when a burning pain surged through her skin on her ribcage. She glanced down quickly to see a mark, the same mark that was branded on her father many years ago. Ciel couldn't take it, he wept softly as he heard his daughter cry and scream in pain as they tortured her like they did to him many years ago. He grew angry and with his final breathe, commanded Sebastian to form a contract with Ellie to protect her until her final days.

Ellie gave a soft sigh as she got up and looked in a mirror at her right eye. It held the symbol her father had through his life. Showing that Sebastian belonged to her. She often covered it with her fathers eye patch. Ellie wasn't interested in cute things like her mother was. She dressed like a boy actually, wearing somewhat the same outfit as Alois Trancy had worn back when he was living. Ellie walked back to her bed and sat on the edge in wait of Sebastian to bring her breakfast.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=48075
My Character's
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45307

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:00 pm 

The doors to her room opened and the breakfast tray was carted in. "Ah, Mistress, you are up already." Sebastian stated with some surprise as he opened the curtain. As he poured the tea he spoke his usual routine. "For breakfast today we have poached quail's egg sided with a honey glazed ham. We also have scones, brioche and freshly cut bacon. Which dish would you care for this morning?"

The demon dressed her like she dressed her father all those years ago. "You have an appointment today with a Mr, Drago at four. To discuss work policy on our shipping lines in London." He wouldn't dare tell her about the unexpected guest. Not yet, at the least. Better to let her solve that on her own.

-----

He tossed and turned in his sleep, images of knights and catapults flashing before his eyes, screams of death ringing in his ears. A woman burning at the stake, beautiful in every way to him. The last image was him, holding a sword and cutting down a Priest in cold blood. He heard a voice name him.

"You are a cursed young man, Robin, Page of the Lady,"

He sat upright gripping his sword on his back, only to realize he was holding nothing but empty air. He looked around and noticed he was in a bedroom. He thought for a moment how he got there, before thinking another line of thought.

How to get out of here and back into the woods? He began to sneak his way towards the window as he looked out it. The moment he did he saw the gardens, and realized something.

Robin was in someone's home. He didn't belong. He had to leave before whoever owned this place discovered him and throw him out themselves.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:44 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Ellie watched as Sebastian entered her room, a tray in front of him as usual filled with delicious food. When she was dressed, she picked the poached quail eggs. She delicately cut her eggs and lifted them to her mouth one small piece at a time. She listened to Sebastian as he spoke about her meeting, she gave a soft sigh as he mentioned it. "Is there anything else on my schedule for today?" She asked softly. Her voice was a mixture of her father and her mothers. Her voice was a bit deeper than her mothers, but held the serious tone of her father for most if not all of the time.

Ellie had finished her breakfast and sat the plate on the tray. "Lets not hope that this one doesn't try to kill me for my attitude." Ellie gave a soft, sarcastic smile as she referred to her last appointment. A man from Ireland tried to swindle Ellie for more money, when she called him out on his actual intent, he grabbed her and tried to hit her, Sebastian stepped in of course. She gave a soft smile as she remembered that day. She wrote an apology letter to the man's family about a carriage going off the road and him dying. A total lie.

My Character's

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:15 pm 

"Just some organizations of the company papers for today. I have already set them at your desk for you to look at. Now Mistress, I shall leave to tend to my other duties." He said with a bow and with that the butler left. He then swiftly went to the guest bedroom, scone in hand as he and Robin locked eyes.

"I wondered what you've been up to in the last century, but I thought you'd be in California, or otherwise." Sebastian stated as he tossed the fifteen year old the scone. "Myself I am a butler of this estate. As long as you stay here, employment and lodging would be yours. I shall set up your quarters in the servants area. But for now, stay here." He turned to leave but paused.

"Oh and one more thing. If anyone asks, you are here for the position of Chauffeur. As soon as you're done I shall take you to the stables." The Demon stated as Robin finished the scone and thought it over.

"Fine, let's play it your way." He stated as Sebastian smiled. Most excellent, now he had a good excuse to keep the young man here. Yes it may be a possible 'Get Lady Ellie a Husband' scheme the way it sounded, however it was to keep an eye on a cursed individual.

The Butler motioned for the young man to follow. "Let us go then Robin, work begins now." He stated as he lead Robin out of the guest room and to the stables.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:20 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Ellie had finished her breakfast and walked to her study. She stayed in there most of the time, usually organizing hey papers and signing documents. She gave a soft sigh. Ever since the King was put on the throne, nothing spectacular really happened anymore. The Phantomhive's were still loyal to the King as his guard dog, but nothing peculiar happened. Nothing bad enough for Ellie to get involved with anyway.

Noon rolled around and Ellie decided that she wanted to go for a ride on her favorite horse for a while before her meeting. Riding horses was the only thing that truly have her joy. Every day if the weather was pleasant, Ellie would take her large black horse named Smoke out for a ride. She loved that house, he was a gift from her father when she turned 6.

Ellie put on her riding clothing which consisted of tan pants, tall black riding boots and a nice black jacket with a blue dress shirt underneath. When she was younger, she used to jump horses professionally, but now that she has a company to run, she just rides for leisure. Ellie walked into the stables to see Sebastian with a boy that looked her age. Her eyebrow immediately raised, a thousand questions raced in her mind. But only one actually came out. In an unamused and somewhat irritated tone, Ellie spoke to Sebastian. "Who the hell is this?" Her jaw tightened and her fist clenched at her side. She had her fathers temper as well. Especially when it came to Sebastian not telling her something that was relatively important to know.

My Character's

PostThis post was deleted by Shades on Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:57 am.
Reason: Double posting
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:56 am 

Sebastian was tutoring Robin on how to care for the horses here. "Now we come to Lady Ellie's favorite horse. As she is quite attached to this one I am the one required to give it's fullest attention."

"Okay so don't touch the favorite horse." Robin stated as Sebastian smiled.

"Very good. I believe you'll fit in quite nic-" Sebastian stopped the moment the sharp voice of Ellie was heard. He merely smiled. "All done with that nasty paperwork and off for a ride on Smoke? I shall prepare him right away Madame."

"That's not what she asked at all!" the subject of the conversation yelled out. Robin looked a little intimidated by the sudden appearance of the girl. Her look seemed set to his heart into a frozen state. Nevertheless, he had to put his courage in the right place.

"He is your new Chauffeur." Sebastian stated. Robin slightly glared at him for stealing the moment to speak,"I was simply introducing him to the team he'd be working with. He came late last night. I assumed that a proper introduction would have been done as soon as he was more presentable and his room in the servants quarters arranged. Poor thing, he had to be put in one of the guest rooms. Do forgive me for failing you in this regard." Sebastian said as he bowed.

"Don't talk about me as if I'm not here, and what he said is true." Robin said shuffling his feet. "My name is Robin. You look like you're about to say I'm not welcome here, and you may be right. Many times I have seen that look on the face of so many people."

This was his usual statement with grouchy people, whilst also subtly hinting at his curse. His emerald eyes looked through the locks of his slightly dirty red hair. They held a sort of resilience to them, as well as sorrow. He was as pale as the moon on a winter's eve, with only a blemish on the back of his right hand. The very symbol of his curse, it was the head of a red dragon.

"You don't have to take me on if you don't wish it. I can just leave and not irritate you. Do I irritate you Milady?" He asked, as if he said it many times before, like a well rehearsed gentleman.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:55 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Ellie was about to speak but when Robin spoke she stopped. She had to admit, the boy was well versed in how to speak to a lady, and was quite handsome as well. When he asked if he irritated her she gave a soft snicker and rolled her eyes. "Everything on this piece of land irritates me..." She said as she rubbed her temples softly. In the distance you could hear the other servants, Mey-Rin, Bardroy and Finny yell a collective "Hey!!!" To their Mistresses comment.

The servants had been turned immortal by Sebastian when Ciel and Elizabeth were expecting Ellie, so she didn't have to deal with the changes of getting new servants and remember them. Besides, Ellie was more comfortable with her peculiar servants with strange skill sets.

Ellie sighed and looked from Robin to Sebastian. "Fine. He can stay." She said in her usual bored tone. She sounded just like her father with the things she said and how she said them. "What's your name?" She asked, her deep blue eyes staring into his.

My Character's

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:22 pm 

Robin heard her reply in a slightly amused tone that everything on this land irritated her. When Sebatian heard a the sound in the distance he simply finished getting smoke ready for Ellie's ride. "It would seem the others are possibly eavesdropping." he thought as he turned to Ellie and bowed. "Smoke is ready for your ride Milady." The demon announced.

Robin felt another chill as her deep blue eyes stared into his own, and once more asked for his name. "I am simply Robin, your chauffeur and capable servant. I am at your service." He bowed his head as he said this. But the way this young woman stared at him, he couldn't help but feel a twinge of familiarity. That stare almost reminded him of another woman, but he couldn't place her.

"But could she be the one to free me of my curse?" he thought. He stood up straight again, and Sebastian gave him a nod to indicate he should return to work on his team of horses he is to work with. Robin turned to do so, softly petting a chestnut colored horse to get its attention. He however, kept at least one eye on the lady of the house to observe how she would handle the beautiful horse Sebastian prepared for her.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:40 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Ellie approached the horse and softly pet his nose. "Hello big boy, and how are you today?" The horse gave a soft toss to his head and exhaled as if to answer her question. The only time Ellie ever smiled was when she was around her horse or the other horses in the stables. It was the only thing she found joy in anymore, that's why she would go for a ride every day. She held onto the nub of the saddle and hopped up, swinging a leg to the other side and positioned herself comfortably into the saddle. "I assume lunch will be ready before I get back." Her statement sounded like a question but was a command. She reached down and stroked Smoke's neck before kicking the horse gently to get him moving forward. As soon as she walked out of the stables, she kicked him again until he went into a soft trot, then into a sprint. In matter of seconds, Ellie disappeared in the forest woods that surrounded the estate.

Mey Rin had realized that Sebastian had probably heard their exclamation and her eyes widened behind her glasses. "Every servant for 'imself!" She cried as she ran away. Or at least attempted too. She didn't get far before she tripped on her own feet and tumbled into a nearby bush. She decided to stay there to hide from Sebastian. She knew he hated when they eavesdropped on conversations between him and the Mistress. But they couldn't help it, especially when there was a possibly fiance involved.

My Character's

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:56 pm 

"Of course Milady. It shall be waiting for you when you return." Sebastian stated with a bow and then turned towards the bushes. Robin adopted a raised eyebrow when he heard the panicked scream as he saw three people running.

"Gangway! I've got to trim the hedges!" Finny exclaimed running off. Bard said nothing as he ran towards the kitchen, so that he could get started on preparing lunch and then supper. Sebastian sighed and motioned for Robin to follow briefly.

"I hope you do a better job at being quiet next time you wish to listen carefully on further conversations Lady Ellie has with the new chauffuer." Sebastian said in the direction of Mey Rin, "and I trust you'll get along well with him. That goes for the others too. Carry on Robin. Take Epona out for a ride. She gets temperamental if she doesn't get exercise and then gets wild when you try to attach her to the coach." With that he left.

"Yes sir!" He shouted with a salute. He then walked to the chestnut mare he was tending to a moment before and saddled her before getting on expertly before riding her out around the field in front of the stables. He'd be doing it still when Ellie rode back for lunch, riding as if he ride a thousand times before, and the look on his face looked both determined and world weary.

----

Four o'clock rolled around soon and Mr. Drago of the shipping yards came. He delivered the report of the shipments the Funtom Co. had received, and then the inevitable part about a company, the costs of shipping back out again to the factories or other branches of the company.

"All in all Miss Phantomhive, the materials may get harder what with some of the rumors of unrest in India." Stated Mr. Drago. "One should wonder whether the company might suffer from it. Besides, a young woman of your caliber might sooner or later get a few gray hairs by age 20."

Sebastian was serving tea whilst this conversation went.

Bardroy was meanwhile getting to know Robin as he cooked dinner. "So Sebastian found you out of the blue eh? He did the same for the rest of us. Where are you from anyway?"

"The World." Robin replied with a smirk. "But I had family in France." He added before heading back to the stables.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:55 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Ellie had enjoyed her ride thoroughly. She rode Smoke through the trail she often traveled with him. She remembered the first time she was taken on the back trail with her father and the first time she got Smoke. She had remembered when Smoke was just a small thing, she lead him through the trail on a lead as she sat on the back of another horse in front of her father. Those days were happy days... Until that fateful night occurred.

-------

By the time four came around, Ellie had already been in her study filing through more paperwork. It seemed like every time she finished some paperwork, more just kept piling up. She finally got a bit of relief when Mr. Drago had appeared. They sat face to face, her father's chess set in between the two as they engaged in conversation about her company. The numbers spoke volumes and he wasn't lying, the cost of shipping back and forth has increased, something that couldn't happen. She looked over the paper she held in her hands and nodded. "Giving you the proper funds would be easily given to you." Ellie put the paper down, a serious expression on her face. "If I find that my money has gone to waist on prostitutes and drugs, there will be a consequence however." She narrowed her blue eye at the man before glancing at Sebastian. She had almost been tricked once before, she was not going to let it happen again.

My Character's

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:46 am 

Sebastian only smiled. Mr. Drago only nodded in agreement. After the chess game ended Drago left knowing the money would be paid. Sebastian went to fetch dinner, leaving Ellie alone to her devices for the time being.

Outside the Manor Robin walked around and sat near the fountain and stared at himself. He shouldn't be staring at a young man of fifteen in the reflection. He should be seeing dust, bones, or other things. But he made a choice, and he was damned. He pulled out an ornate flute and slowly began to play.

He played the tune for a minute or two. It was to remind him, remind him that this wasn't the world he was born into. The world just changed around him. He slowly put the flute down and wiped several tears from under his eyes.

"Funny," he thought. "I thought the tears ran dry with Jeanne."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:24 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Ellie had returned to her paperwork as usual. When she got fed up she stood and walked a few steps to the window. It had been open and a song was being played with a flute. The song was filled with sadness and depression, yet beautiful. She was somewhat drawn to it. She found herself walking through the halls, almost entranced by the sound. She walked to the entrance of the manor and opened the doors, seeing Robin sit at the fountain playing a flute. She walked slowly and stood at the other side of the fountain listening to his song. Once it had finished she walked to the side of him. "That was beautiful... What do you call it?" She asked, her eye filled with curiosity as she looked at him.

Meanwhile, Mey Rin had just gotten out of the bush she had ran into when Sebastian had caught the group eavesdropping. When she tried to get out the first time, she had fallen and gotten herself tangled. She heard the song and saw that it was Robin playing, she also had seen the Mistress approach. She hid back in the bush and decided to eavesdrop once more. She knew she would get in trouble if Sebastian would catch her, but this was important.

My Character's

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:03 am 

Robin's eyes widened at the voice and turned to see who it was before giving an exhaling gasp. "Lady Ellie. I didn't hear you or see you there." He stated, not sure how long she had been there for. He thanked the Lord he didn't start venting about his curse.

"It's an old tune I picked up from a Japanese musician. I forget the name exactly but it's essentially a sad tune, meant for mourning." He replied. "But I do agree with you on one thing Mistress, it is beautiful." He tucked the flute away into his pocket.

As he moved his arm his sleeve tucked upwards, exposing a scar on his the forearm. it was faded to where one would think he must've fallen at some point. In reality, his arm was slashed by a longsword in 1429. He was thirteen then, but it was nothing compared to what the curse made him endure.

"So, how was your day Milady?" Robin asked, slightly nervous but he didn't show it.

As Mey Rin eavesdropped, she was unaware that Sebastian was right behind her as he sighed and grabbed the back of her outfit, dragging her off. "Come along Mey Rin, you have some dusting to do." He stated. There was a time and place for eavesdropping. Since it was just Robin's first day, he would simply not allow it. He wanted to wait if Ellie decided to make such a connection to him before he allowed those three to eavesdrop.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:13 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Ellie gave a soft nod as she listened to him say that the song was for mourning. She was right about that and the beauty of it. She had also found it impressive that he knew a tune from Japan, she was always curious about Japan, but was far too busy running a company to ever try and visit.

Ellie sat at the edge of the fountain next to Robin, crossing her ankles as she did. She may not dress like a lady but she did act like one at times. She had noticed the scar on Robin's forearm, she too grew curious at the reason if it being there. She had many scars, scars that go unseen to others save for Sebastian. Ellie decided to bring up the scar at a later date. For now, she just wanted a conversation with the new worker.
"It was the same like it usually is. I wake up, handle my fathers company. Nothing else really." She gave a soft shrug as she explained.

Mey Rin was watching the two but was then pulled away by Sebastian. Instead of fighting, she accepted her defeat and let Sebastian drag her back to work. When he left her, she ran off to find the Finny and Bard to tell them about Robin and how he can play the flute. Even more so, how the Mistress actually enjoyed his playing.

My Character's

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:48 am 

Robin nods as she responds to his question. "I suppose my day was pretty unique, got to meet the horses I'm going to be working with, and the job seems to be okay. It won't be long before it becomes the same old routine once I get used to everything." He said as he heaved a small sigh. Life seemed okay for the most part.

"It must be hard to handle a big company at our age group." He said, he felt guilty in his gut for saying a half truth. He did look fifteen years of age, but his actual years were much much older. He hoped that come the time his curse finally ends, he'd be fifteen, he'd live his life the way he wanted to.

He would listen to whatever response Ellie gave him as he stood up and stretched. He looked around before nodding to her. "Well, I better get back to work. I don't want Sebastian to think I'm lazy or anything." He said with a smile.

------

By the time bedtime rolled around Sebastian showed Robin to his room in the Servant's quarters and left him to his own devices. Sighing the young man flopped onto the bed and slowly closed his eyes. Outside the night clouds had gathered around, and summoned forth a thunderstorm for the evening. The thunder boomed its growl and lightning flashed on and on through the night.

Robin sighed in his sleep at the sound. It'd be a long, long, night."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:37 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Ellie would listen to Robin as he spoke, genuinely interested in what he had to say. When he said that it must've been hard to handle a company with her age, she gave a soft smile and nodded. "It's difficult at times, yes. But I have to do it to uphold my family name." Ellie looked down at the big blue ring that was on her thumb like her father used to wear it. She kept most of his things and resized a lot of his clothes when he was young so they would fit her. She loved her father, growing up she loved him more and spent more time with him rather than with her mother. She didn't know why, but she just didn't relate to her mother as much as she did to Ciel.

Ellie watched as Robin walked away to go back to work and stood herself before going back to her study and finishing up her paperwork.

-----

That night, Ellie couldn't sleep. She tossed and turned multiple times during the night but she just couldn't sleep. She gave a soft huff as she sat up and swung her legs over to the side. She knew that nobody would really be awake save for Sebastian. Ellie put on some appropriate clothing other than her father's old shirt and went downstairs to the main room. She ran her hand over the piano that sat in the far corner, enticing her to play. She usually played late at night when she couldn't sleep, it calmed her down enough to actually be able to get to bed.

Ellie pulled out the bench and sat down, placing her fingers on the familiar keys. She took a breathe before starting to play a lullaby her father used to play to her when he was alive and she was a baby. She remembered being held in her mother's arms as she stood next to the piano, her father sat at the bench and he played. When she was restless, the song he composed for her would put her right to sleep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L45pJOp91Os

My Character's

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:23 pm 

Little did Ellie know was that Robin, in his own restlessness, had gotten out of his room and was wandering around the halls. Why? It was because walking was the only thing that relaxed him, he wandered the world for so long. He was not aware however, that Sebastian was close behind, to ensure he didn't cause any mischief for the other servants, though they were sound asleep, like rocks.

Then Robin heard the piano play and he walked towards the door and kept a stealthy ear near it. He only assumed it was the Mistress, trying to fight her own insomnia with music. Oh what beautiful music it was. But it was then that lightning once more flashed and the thunderous boom made Robin's eyes widen in a panic as he stumbled back towards his room as quietly as he could.

Sebastian moved out of Robin's way. He didn't need to know who was playing, nor scold her or deprive Ellie of what relaxed her. He was just simply the one who'll take care of her.

As for Robin however, he ran back to his bed, and collapsed on it, shivering like a leaf from the sudden crash of thunder. In his mind it showed a different scene. He was thirteen again, back in the fifteenth century, shivering as the Lancastrian army burned his home. He despised himself, and envied him. Because the younger Robin was innocent and pure.

"Unfit for Heaven, Unfit for Hell, on Gaia you remain." He uttered in quiet anguish.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next