All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:01 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Zianro was sitting in a cell, in chains, for a crime he didn't commit. They thought he was a spy from Beracia. It took him quite awhile to convince them he was a Valsirian warrior from a lineage of warriors. Once he did that, the guards finally began to talk amongst themselves.

"They say he took down a dragon in a single day." A guard stated.

"Actually, it was three days. It was a rogue, dragons don't normally bug people. Rogues do." Zianro said with a sigh. If this was the start of a new chapter in the story of his life, it wasn't going very well.

Another guard ran to another guard. "She's coming! She's coming to inspect the Prisoner!" He shouted. The other guard joined him and presented arms.

"All Hail The Heir Apparent, Marianna Murdock! Glory to Zankor!" The two shouted.

"I am not in Valsir anymore." Zianro thought, praying to his ancestors that it would end well. If not, kiss the Azura clan name goodbye.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:48 am 

You have nothing to fear, But Fear himself

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)

Marianna was seating apon the throne swishing a red liquid in a wine glass. She had reason to believe everyone in the castle knew it was human Blood, she drank so frequently. The day was boring up until the point a hard had entered the throne room kneeled and gave news of a captured spy from Beracia. She rose before speaking. "have the prisoner ready for my personal inspection." with that the Gaurd had started to rush out of the throne room Marianne following behind.

As she walked down the stone corridor, the click of her Heels connecting with the marble floor, echoed throughout the corridor. She always fancied the sound, and was quite delighted to hear it again. It was a warning to her enemies that there Doom was approaching. As Marianna approached the holding cell, she was meet by saluting guards who told her they may have been mistaking, and the man in the cell could be a Valsirian warrior.

She seemed to have a look of distaste apon her face. She spoke with the Guards "I'll deal with this later, open the door." as the door opened she walked into the cell. To set eyes apon a young man he was definitely fit enough to be a warrior. Marianna had grabbed the man by the face, turning his head to each side briefly taking in his features. She finally spoke to the man. "My my it seems my guards had made a mistake. Would you like to stay I would have the servants fix you something to eat for this misunderstanding." she turned her head too the door where the guards where standing. "Please prepare the Shock collar for are guest." she had turned her head back to the man once more. "You must understand this is standard procedure in the case that you are a Spy or a Assassin. This is nothing person." she wasn't giving the warriors a chance to respond she had asked out of spite, she knew the young man would not fight the offer if it meant getting him out of the cell. Or at least she hoped.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:21 am 

Zianro observed the woman walking in and assumed this was the princess. She definitely seemed to look the part. The Valsir Elders were right to worry that there might be a danger revolving around her. But Zianro had to think rationally, even when she grabbed his face and observed him. Was there a danger in the empire, or was she the danger itself.

"Yes I agree this is a huge misunderstanding. I am not here to cause trouble- wait what shock collar?" The young Azura asked as the guards unlocked his chains and put a collar on him. "Hold on, you don't think I'd cause trouble? You confiscated my sword, is the shock collar necessary?"

As he asked this he followed the woman towards wherever she dined at, knowing that she was inviting him for at least a meal. Maybe if he got reassurance that there was no real threat to Valsir, the sooner he'd be allowed to go back to said lands and rest before maybe another clan war over a piece of the Wildlands.

That was his hope at least.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:10 am 

1st Year (1)

Marianna had covered her mouth and laughed a little before saying "You are a warrior, no? You should understand that the human hand is as dangerous a weapon as a sword. It is just a precaution to insure I'm not harmed." Marianna had lead the young man too the Dinning hall. It was rather decorative. ornament armor, pictures, animal heads, and relics decorated the walls and floor. The table had several center pieces that was changed daily to maintain freshness.

Marianna had taken a seat before tapping the top of the chair next to her. "Please have a seat and tell the servant what you would like to eat, they will prepare it while we speak."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:55 am 

Zianro sighed in understanding. If he did wanted to he could punch someone. But the shock collar would stop him from doing so. He hoped he wouldn't wear it for very long. When they reached the dining room he watched her sit down and tap the chair next to her expecting him to sit there.

"Okay, got to try to humor her. I say or do the wrong thing she'll be either executing me or declare War on Valsir! I can't let that happen!" he thought. "But why does she have to be hot?!"

He sat down in the chair looked at the servant, "Roast chicken, carrots and a pint of whatever brew you got cold." He stated as he turned back to the princess.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" He asked.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:08 am 

1st Year (1)

Marianna nodded at the servant when the man had requested what he would like. Once the man had turned back to her, and asked what she would like to talk about. Only one think had came to her mind at the time. "I must know how you came to be captured, and what you were doing that gave my guards the idea you where a spy." Marianna had leaned towards the man in interest.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:33 am 

"Would you believe that the answer to both those questions was simply crossing the border from Beracia to here? And several spies from Beracia actually did cross and I somehow was caught in the mix?" He asked. He wasn't lying either. That was exactly how it happened, right when he crossed the border, some of Beracia's more amateurs in the spy business tried their luck at crossing, but things didn't go so well.

Zianro was just caught in the mix. But now he started to feel slightly nervous as Marianna leaning towards him. "Do not be tempted. She's beautiful but I'm a Merc. I'm a Merc and a man. And a man doesn't give into temptation!" he thought wildly as he fought back a blush.

"Is there anything else?" He asked.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:53 am 

1st Year (1)

Marianna had smirked before saying. "Really and what sort of business did you have in Beracia, if you do not mind if I ask." she began to think to herself "this is fun, much better then seating on a throne all day. I wonder how much I can get him to tell me if himself." see stood up and walked behind the young man before bending down beside him. "I'd also like to know your name. I'm Marianna, but you may call me Mary.

At that time the servant had walked in behind Marianna. "Ma'ma I am sorry to disturb you, but your guest's meal will be ready soon. I've also brought you a glass of your special 'Wine'." Mary had turned around and taken the wine glass from the servant. She said nothing only waving her hand to dismiss the servant

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:12 pm 

Zianro raised an eyebrow. "I was passing through Beracia to come here to investigate the rumors of a cult worshipping some sort of demonic entity." He stated. It was sort of the truth. He was sent on the knowledge there was some sort of evil here. This is what he hoped was the best case scenario.

But he then eyed Marianna's drink. It looked a bit too dark red to be wine but he didn't want to judge too fast. "Wait a minute! I should be concerned! Don't be distracted by her!" he thought as he realized she asked for his name. "Zianro Azura, of the Azura Clan."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:29 pm 

1st Year (1)

Marianna had taken a sip from the wine glass she held. She was about to speak as the servant had entered the room carrying a platter. She simply extended here index finger, and the servant had stopped. She bent down before whispering in Zianro's ear. "I must know what you desire most in life, if you could have anything in this world what would it be." she then proceeded to run her tongue along his jawline. She then waved her hand to signal the servant to bring the dish the man had requested.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:00 pm 

Zianro now felt a little creeped out. She whispered her question and then licked him. "What the Fel?!" He thought, his poor mind trying to make heads or tails of it all. "Why did she do that?! What's she trying to do?! Intimidate me or seduce me?!"

As he thought this he started to stammer out. "W-well, One of my desires is that my homeland stays pretty much the way it is, in terms of safety and other things, my family well provided for." He said, trying to snap out of what just occurred. His food came and he began eating to try and calm whatever nerves the Princess fried. Hopefully as soon as he was done the collar would come off, he'd get his sword, and leave.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:20 pm 

1st Year (1)

Marianna had drank what liquid that was left in the wine glass, then walked to the chair she had been setting in before hand. She eyed the man as he eat. " I have a proposal, if you were to serve me as a Bodyguard, I would work to obtain Valsir as allies. Your homeland would safe from invasion, and your family could come to live in the palace here.

Of course Mary would keep her deal. His family would live in the castle, but as prisoners. His lands would be safe after the Zankor Empire had taken the lands.

"so what do you say Zianro does my proposal interest you."

Marianna had thought to herself. "either way I will have my way."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:41 pm 

Her proposal made him stop eating as he thought it over. "If it were any other nobleman, or woman, I'd have eaten up the proposal. However, the way you said your words makes it sound a little too good to be true." He stated as he stared long and hard at her.

"I may be a Mercenary of Valsir, but I'm not stupid to know when someone might be crossing their fingers. My father is an Innkeeper and is well off." He heaved a sigh, "Give me genuine proof you'll keep your word, or I shall simply as soon as I'm done with my meal, be on my way."

In truth he didn't know if she was lying or no. But since she saw fit to put a shock collar on him, he considered this slight payback a necessary action. Besides, how could he know if she was telling the truth? He'd play the hard to get card first to see.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:56 pm 

1st Year (1)

Marianna had looked genuinely hurt by his words. "It is hurtful that everyone thinks that the nobles of Zankor are monsters, But if it is Proof you want it is Proof you shall receive." Marianna had clapped her hands twice a few guards had entered the room from the door they had entered from. "Please show my guest the Guest Quarters where his family members would be staying, give him his first months pay in advance, and return him here without his collar on, and have his weapons present when he returns."

The men said nothing only began walking back to where they came. Marianna had turned her attention to Zianro "please follow the guards they will show you the rooms."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:49 pm 

Zianro didn't think she'd react like that. She's either desperate or is used to getting what she wants. She ordered her guards to take him to a guest room. He followed them to said room and the collar was removed. Why was she doing all this. Was she that desperate for a guard? He didn't know.

As soon as he got Draconil he had to find a way to get out of this deal. But when he was given a bag of gold he looked in it and counted. It looked like a decent amount of pay for one month. It'd make it hard for him to say no. The room looked comfortable. However, how was he sure she'd keep her word. However, if she promised to do this....

"Don't get caught up! What if she broke her word, or manipulated to to where she'd benefit and Valsir and your Family will suffer?! But man, she's such a beauty, it's going to be hard to say no." Zianro shook himself. "Whoa whoa! Enough enough! Jeez, I'm overthinking it and all of a sudden I've got women on the brains."

He walked back to the room and saw a guard presenting Draconil, he simply took it and slug it on his back. "Very, very impressive. However, how do I know you're telling the complete truth?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:22 pm 

1st Year (1)

Marianna laughed while covering her mouth before saying. "There is no absolute way you can tell if I'm being truthful or not. You just have to risk it, that is life is, no? I can only give you my word. I swear to you on my father's life that I will honor my deal." she walked toward the man then kissed him. She proceeded to pull back before saying. "that is because I find you attractive. Now will you accept my offer."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:41 pm 

Zianro observed her laughing and affirming his suspicions on trusting her completely. Then she vowed on her father's life. As he recalled, The Emperor was sick and possibly dying. Which means once the emperor died, she'd be free to do as she pleased. That didn't sit well with him at all.

But then Marianna sauntered up to him and kissed him. His wits jumbled for a brief moment. She wanted him to say yes, otherwise she'd do whatever she did to him. He was in a rock and a hard place. Either didn't bode well for him, doom seemed imminent.

"Then I hope, that you keep your word, on my Name, and my Father's and his fathers before him. Because Heaven help you should you decide to pervert it." He said calmly, and almost like a calm beast that hasn't been angered yet. "We have, a deal."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:45 pm 

1st Year (1)

Marianna smiled before claping her hands twice once again. The same two guards as before had came back into the room. "please show Zianro here the door. And call Miss Lahaina to the castle, we must finish our meeting." she looked into the man's eyes before saying. "I can assure you, you will not regret this ordeal. Now hurry to your family darling"

Marianna waited until the man had left to unleash a laughter that bellowed through the Dinning Hall. She would begin her walk back to the throne room to await Lahaina's arrive. The sinister echo of her heels clicking against the floor as she walked to the throne filled the halls. Shortly after she had arrived Lahaina had as well

Lahaina bowed before Marianna "You called apon me Heir Apparent." Marianna wasted no time with her demands. "You will follow my recently departed Guest and insure his return to me, Dead or Alive." with that Lahaina had rose and walked from the throne room.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:03 am 

Zianro left, but he left feeling an inkling of doubt and suspicion. He'd have to move his family. If she decided to pervert her deal, he had to at least make sure her Eldest sister and her child barely a month old lived somewhere safe. He didn't want to drag a child down to whatever hell would come. The moment he got back home he arranged them to leave and live with his Brother in law's Family in Orina. He thought that for the time, those two would be safe.

His other sisters sensed something amiss about the deal and decided to leave Valsir on their own. That only left him with his aging Father, who stubbornly refused to leave.

-----

A week passed, and he simply decided to return to Zankor by himself, Zianro felt burdened about it all. He knew somewhere deep inside him he was tearing something that was important about himself. Even if Zianro could convince them it might not be bad, they probably wouldn't believe their simple minded Mercenary son and brother. All he had was a sword and a name.

He was riding his horse towards the Palace. He knew his fate, he might as well resign to it. So what was this dread he felt?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:37 am 

1st Year (1)

Unknown to Zianro, King Bortos had passed away during his travels. The heir Marianna had become the Queen. Her plans of domination had already been set in place. King Bortos had be the only Zankor King or Queen in hundreds of years to try, and fix relations with the rest of the continent. Earning him friends, and respect from nobles from all around the lands.

Marianna had organized a banquet in 'Honor'of her father, sending couriers all across the land inviting many nobles. The only problem was there was no telling how many would show, with the rumors swirling around Zankor. Everything would slowly fall into place.