All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Are you lost too? (IC)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:35 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Night had fallen in Japan, and the city was slowly putting itself to rest. Shops were closing down and working-class citizens were catching the late train home. The street lamps were soon the only things that gave off light in the empty city.

In the dark of the city, a little girl of eight years old walked robotically down the sidewalk, arms stretched on either side of her and eyes aimed at her feet as she balanced precariously on the curb in dirt-scuffed maryjanes. There were no adults in sight, but she didn't seem to mind.

She came across the spotlight of a lamppost and paused just outside the border of light and shadow. Curious, she reached her small hands into the light and watched in fascination as they created two-dimensional replicas on the ground. She went on moving her hands around in the light, completely oblivious to her surroundings.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:05 pm 

Little more than ten feet away from the girl, above the road overshone by a street lamp, a small part of the air appeared to ripple. Whatever it was, it was only present for one second, rendering it difficult to notice. For as quick as it was there, it disappeared just as fast, almost as though it never existed. Or there was heat which there for just a second, which would explain the air rippling. It wasn't nothing, however, as it left something- or rather, someone- behind. Before the rippling blinked out existence, it pulsed and threw a figure out of itself onto the street below.

Whomever he was, he remained on the ground for a few seconds, drawing in a gasp, before he pushed themselves up into a standing position. Standing up, he spun around him to gaze at the lamp lit street behing him. There was nothing to see which would indicate movement, making everything appear quite empty. What prevented it from looking entirely abandoned to the figure, however, was the sight of intact street lamps. Other than that, everything felt empty to the figure, and he couldn't help shivering at the thought.

Confused as to where he ended up, and now somewhat frightened at the thought of having ended up in an empty city, he quickly turned around to see what else was in store for him. Only now, instead of his fear being nailed in place, he sighed in relief to see there was in fact somebody else. They stood beneath a street lamp, playing with their hands beneath the light. Either they knew where this place was, or they were lost as well. Hopefully it was the latter.

Smiling to himself that he had found somebody, he tapped one heel against the other, before falling into a hole which formed beneath him. As soon as he fell in, it disappeared, and he landed in front of the girl a couple of feet away.
"Excuse me?" The figure called out, sounding to be between his late teens, and adulthood. "Do you perhaps know where this is, sweetie?" He finished, a smile on his face as he attempted to appear genuinely friendly.

DON'T JUDGE THE ASPARAGUS FOR WANTING TO GROW UP INTO A TREE

THE APOCALYPSE IS APPROACHING! *Hides behind a conveniently placed sofa and puts a large metal cooking pot on my head* O3O

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=50697 *Places a finger to my lips* Do not disturb the little kiddies whilst resting... e.e
Or I shall CZCHKECHK you!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:35 pm 

The girl looked up at the sudden appearance of another being on the otherwise abandoned street. She blinked up at the unfamiliar face, slowly processing the fact that they had said something to her. He didn't speak Japanese, but she was being taught English by her tutors so she could at least identify the language. Unfortunately, she had never paid attention to her tutors. All she could say was "Hello, my name is-"

So she carefully, with a strong Japanese accent, recited what she knew: "Hello, my name is Nakami Suzume..." And then came the nonsense that was an eight-year-old girl trying to remember what she learned in English lessons. "...Dog green happy."

Hopefully that meant something significant to the stranger, or otherwise happened to be an incantation that magically allowed non-Japanese-speakers to understand the language fluently. Perhaps the stranger already knew Japanese and was simply trying to see if she did too.

"This is Japan. You speak Japanese?" She asked in her native tongue. "I walked into a crowd and got lost, so now I'm waiting for someone to find me. Are you the someone?"

× 1Ø ×

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:43 am 

After the girl spoke, the demon merely stared at her. He stared, before raising an eyebrow, disappointed she knew so little English. The demon's head dropped, he sat in a criss-cross position as he hovered mid-air in front of the girl, his left elbow on his knee as his head rested in his left hand. He wasn't quite sure what exactly the language was, but it sounded to be along the lines of Japanese.

Great... The demon thought to himself as he now rubbed the left side of his head, his hand even brushing against one of his horns. It was truly a marvel how he ever ended up in a foreign country in the first place. First he took a bet to see how far he could warp to, so he could please some people, and now here he is. Now that he thought about it, he had always made sure to stay at least within countries that spoke a language he knew.

Knowing he was in a foreign country, he likely would have by now attempted to warp back to his own. The only thing stopping hom from this, was seeing a young girl lost. He wasn't a creepy child stalker or anything, even though he did like children and all other people alike, but he knew that young children were a thing to be watched. Straightening his legs, he descended slowly until his feet touched the street below. The demon gave the girl another smile, placing one hand behind his back as he hunched over, so she would feel less small, and outstretched one hand towards her slightly. All the while he considered in his head just how he would be able to communicate with, or understand her.

DON'T JUDGE THE ASPARAGUS FOR WANTING TO GROW UP INTO A TREE

THE APOCALYPSE IS APPROACHING! *Hides behind a conveniently placed sofa and puts a large metal cooking pot on my head* O3O

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=50697 *Places a finger to my lips* Do not disturb the little kiddies whilst resting... e.e
Or I shall CZCHKECHK you!