All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:05 pm 

Adding information for Realm of Swords and Thrones, might be putting out new Group RP interest check. 9:00 AM 8/28

Blog: View Blog (2)

Michael sat talking to his younger sister, Salazara during the Start of Term Feast. He was keeping one eye on the other houses to see if he could catch any rulebreakers. He felt a tap on his shoulder and noticed the Head Boy standing behind him. "Professor Snape wishes to speak with you in his office after the feast." He says to which Michael nods his dark hair covering his eyes. He gets up after the feast ordering Draco and Pansy, the new prefects for Slytherin that year to take the first years down to the common room. He then leaves the Great Hall yelling at a group of Hufflepuff students to get the bloody hell out of his way and made his way down to the dungeons and Professor Snape's Office. He knocks then enters upon permission. "You wanted to see me, sir?"

My Resume

My Characters

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:52 pm 

Wandering through uncharted space...

Location: Canada... Somewhere in the North of Kere's Domain...
Medals: 6
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
1st Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

The end of the summer saw Severus back at the school a week early. Deciding that resolving his books, stocking up his private potion stores and delivering the potions for the Hospital Wing were vastly important things to achieve before any students were around to disrupt the peace of his dungeons. His lesson plans and syllabus already finished and set neatly on the desk in his office. His wards reset and checked. The Slytherin House Rooms were inventoried for anything that needed repairs and house elves were tasked to do just that. Satisfied that everything was ready and just finishing with the last of his large bookcases in his private library Severus felt he was finally ready for he dunderheads to arrive.

He scanned the schedule that was on the enchanted parchment on his private-office desk in his quarters to insure that all his extracurricular activities were marked on it and scheduled appropriately per year so as not to interfere with anything else that was going on at the school. The homework sessions he offered to his students were blocked off neatly and marked. The schedule would appear in the common-room board every week to notify the students of upcoming events and activities. The sign up sheets were pinned neatly on the board for the students to fill out to participate and he had his office hours confirmed and set on another parchment on the board. Satisfied he stacked up his pages on the left side of his desk and walked out into his public office to do one last check on the classroom and all his ingredients and displayed potions.

The first day of term came far too fast for Severus and he found himself walking into the great hall with the other teachers. Standing with the heads of house in the entrance hall before entering the great hall and seating himself. He'd caught sight of the Head Boy and gave him four important messages to relate to his four upper year prefects. That would leave his fifth year prefects in charge of the younger students.

His meeting with the first two, his seventh year prefects, went rather very quickly. They were tasked with the fifth, sixth and seventh year students and reminded of what their duties were and the rules they were expected to uphold. The sixth year female prefect was also relatively easy and quick. Since she was a shy one who tended to keep to herself and didn't speak very much to anyone he didn't think he'd have any problems with her. She'd proven herself capable last year handling the first years. The girls liked her and seemed to trust her and open up to her quite easily. Overall he was pleased with how her meeting turned out.

It was just as she left that another knock sounded on his office door, the last of his upper year prefects, Michael. The boy who's family seemed to grow more weeds then even the weasels brood did! He snapped out, "enter," as soon as he heard the knock. His scowl was focused on the boy and grew deeper as he entered his office. This one he didn't really know where he stood with. The boy was intelligent enough and diligent in his duties, not to mention he was good at potions, which was always a bonus in Severus's books. The only thing was he tended to be far too loud for Severus's liking. Uncouth. He didn't approve of that.

Narrowing his gaze on the boy he closed the door behind him and locked it. As he usually did whenever someone came into his office. "I did indeed. Take a seat Mr. Crowley," Severus said bluntly. Though he did not wait for the boy to do so before he continued in a snide and cold voice. "Tell me Mr. Crowley, are you a Slytherin or a Hufflepuff? What kind of disgraceful behaviour is this? Yelling at the top of your lungs like some uncouth savage! Have you no dignity what so ever! You are a disgrace to this house and to your title as a Prefect of Slytherin House," Severus spat the words out and leaned in dangerously close. His eyes sparking with indignation. He continued in a much lower and deadlier tone, "you will refrain from such behaviour in future or you will seriously regret it, do I make myself understood!?" Severus demanded darkly.

He waited impatiently for the answer. Still very much invading the student's personal space, but not touching him. The anger was evident in his eyes. This was the one thing Severus dislike most of all was noise. Of any kind. He absolutely detested noise. Yelling like a savage more then anything else. A Slytherin in his mind would be stealthy, refined, aristocratic and dignified! Not screaming at the top of their lungs at stupid Hufflepuffs, no you hexed them out of your way. They would soon learn to move out of it. Calmly and civilly! Severus's dark narrowed gaze remained intently focused on Michael as he waited for confirmation before he carried on.

"Now what I truly wanted to see you about, are the rules you must follow as a Prefect. Last year was a test. You passed, congratulation. Do not let me down or you will regret shaming this house! First off you are responsible for the second, third and fourth years. I presume that is not too hard to grasp?" Severus questioned. Waiting to see if Michael would comment on this or not. Before he would continue on with his expectations, rules and requirements of his Prefect.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:15 pm 

Adding information for Realm of Swords and Thrones, might be putting out new Group RP interest check. 9:00 AM 8/28

Michael looked slightly abashed but kept his gaze on Professor Snape. "My apologies, Sir. I will be more House appropriate from now on. He had a slightly cunning look on his face as he said this as if he had many evil ideas running through his head at that moment. "I will have no problems with them I promise." He looked proud and slightly haughty finally. "I don't put up with nonsense as I proved last year." He looked down suddenly looking at Snape's feet. "I felt like hexing them in front of a Ministry Official might be a bad idea. Especially one that is here for the reason that Umbridge is.., to be honest I don't like it, sir. Things at Hogwarts were fine so why does the Ministry feel they need to stick there nose in?" He was hoping he could hit the friendly side of Professor Snape that he frequently saw his last 5 years. He hated disappointing Snape because the man was his hero alongside Professor Dumbledore.

My Resume

My Characters

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:26 pm 

Severus gave a firm nod in response to the boys words. Settling himself down in his chair he pulled out a piece of parchment upon which a list of all the extracurricular activities, their times, number of allotted slots from each year group along with who would be leading what activity from the stack on his desk. He was just about to start explaining what the schedule was and his role in it when the boy spoke again. Severus looked up frowning intently.

Eyes narrowing as the boy continued on. "I believe you are well aware of the policy I have in place that all Slytherin not be caught doing anything against school rules, are you not? It has after all been the centre piece of every single house meeting I hold. If you are able to remember that far Mr. Crowley you will know there are six every year and often times more so then that if anything comes up of importance. So surely you can and will know that hexing a student before any professor, prefect or head boy or girl falls strictly under being caught! Restraint is also a valued trait. As is cunning, Mr. Crowley do try and remember that."

Pausing for a moment Severus went on quickly, "as for Professor Umbridge," he both sneered and corrected the boy's use of her last name. How he wished the dunderheads would realize that he rather liked them to be well mannered in his presence. Was it really that hard a thing to grasp? Severus was evidently far more irritated then he usually was and the cause was not just the boy in front of him. He was just the one to get the full brunt of Severus's temper as the latest thing to get under his skin. Severus continued in a cold dark voice, "will be discussed at the house meeting this evening, if we ever do manage to finish this meeting first that is."

He paused to see if the boy would interrupt him again with another question before he could go over the responsibilities with him. "Good now may we move on?" Severus sneered derisively as if the question was nothing more the a sneered condescension and not an actual question.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:47 pm 

Michael looked at Snape listening intently. Slowly becoming more and more determined to please the man. He narrowed his eyes slightly which were hidden behind his hair at the barely disquised crack at his seeming lack of restraint. He blushed slightly in embarrassment when Snape corrected him on his disrespectful address of Umbridge. "Sorry, Sir. Go on." He knew most of his duties already keep track of the 2nd-4th years and enforce all rules (though side with his house if ever a dispute comes up). He just needed to know his patrol schedule.

My Resume

My Characters

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:19 pm 

Severus felt satisfied that he had quelled the boy when he received a polite response to his barely disguised disapproval. Giving one final narrowed eyed glare to insure the boy had no intention of interrupting him again. He turned the paper to face Michael while he started speaking.

"Prefects are expected not only to uphold the school rules, but also to uphold Slytherin's rules and to demonstrate by example the values of our house. You are to be model Slytherin students. I expect you to help your charges with their homework. To insure they are settled into their term. To assist them in picking the best classes for their chosen area of study. Direct them to me if ever there is an issue that needs my attention. Seek my advice as you need it. Do not allow any other house to pick on our own without protecting them. The younger students are our responsibility to protect from the others. That however, does not give you free reign to bring shame on Slytherin house. Should you notice anything odd about one of your charges or any problems arising you are to come to me straight away, do I make myself clear?"

Severus demanded. Pausing only long enough to get a reply from the boy before indicating the parchment. "This is a list of all the activities I have planned. It lists the dates, times and places each will be located. The number of students from each year that can sign up. The deadlines for signing up and who will be either assisting me or running the activity. I have noted your name in four of the eight boxes. Take note of them and insure you are always punctual and prepared. I do not tolerate tardiness or disorganization," Severus stated plainly. His voice harsh and cold.

He paused again to allow the boy time to see the schedule and make any request or comment he may have.

"You are to patrol on Mondays, Tuesdays and Sundays," Severus informed him. He had given three days to each of his Prefects. "Mondays and Tuesdays are your in-house days. Sundays are when you are to patrol the dungeons for the two hours after curfew that is required of all Prefects. Do you have any questions?" Severus asked as he finished with his instructions.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:49 pm 

Michael nodded with a polite "Yes, Sir." and continued listening intently. He smirked slightly when Snape told him that he was to keep the younglings safe. He already knew that and would come down hard on anyone that dared even attempt to harm one of his younger house members. "Of course, sir." He looked down at the parchment Snape put in front of him. "Of course, Sir. I'm nothing but the picture of punctuality and organization." He listened as Snape told him his schedule. "Mondays, Tuesdays, and Sundays.. got it so my first patrol is tomorrow for the two hours after curfew in the dungeons." He nodded to himself committing his schedule to memory. "Is that all, Sir?"

My Resume

My Characters

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:11 am 

Severus watched studiously a scowl darkening his otherwise stone like features as he regarded the student before him. Waiting for said student to finish reviewing the schedule. "It is indeed," Severus responded rather darkly. "However, seeing as tomorrow is Sunday I expect you to assist Mr. Malfoy and Miss. Parkinson in showing the first years to their classes along with insuring that the third year students know where their new classes are."

Severus paused only long enough for Michael to acknowledge his request. "Now I expect that the house is firmly encased in it's common room and awaiting my start of term welcome speech. Go on down to the Common Room and insure that they are indeed all there and silent for my arrival."

With a dismissive wave of his Severus rose. The door that had been closed throughout their meeting opened on it's own with a bit of nonverbal and wandless magic. Without further word or even acknowledging the boy in his office. Severus stepped out from behind his desk and towards his bookcase on the left side of the office. Putting his back towards the door. Listening intently to the goings on behind him. He would wait five minute before making his entrance to the Common Room. Slim potion stained fingers slide a thick volume from the shelves and began to slid the pages apart opening it until he found the potion recipe he'd been think off prior to their meeting. It would be what he did to keep awake tonight. As with all first nights at Hogwarts Severus knew he would get little to no sleep tonight. Either from students testing his wards, homesick first years or plainly sick children from overindulging in the feast. He was looking forward to the routine of healthy meals that followed the disaster that was the first feast of the year. Severus detested how the headmaster insisted on overruling his rules for Slytherin house and allowing the students to overindulge.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:35 am 

Michael nodded in response to each of Professor Snape's orders before standing upon dismissal. "Of course Sir there shall not be a peep from anyone when you arrive." Feeling like he should add a little humor he said. "If any of the noisy heathens do make a peep I'll make sure to hang them by your toes from the ceiling for you." He then departed before Snape could throw something at him or worse hex him into oblivion. He prowled down the dungeon corridors to the secret entrance to the Slytherin common room. He looked at the seemingly blank stone wall and said. "Veritaserum" The wall then slid open revealing the room beyond. He entered amongst the noisy crowd and shouted. "Settle down everyone settle down! Professor Snape will be here shortly for his Start of Term welcome speech. I trust everyone is here? Good now... before he arrives I have a few announcements of my own. First years please note that if you begin to feel homesick it is not wise to bother Professor Snape with this. He will not thank you for it. If any of you begin to have bouts of homesickness please come to me or one of my fellow Prefects. Although... I wouldn't advise waking any of them but me. The same goes for any whom is feeling sick after overindulging at the feast. Secondly anyone whom is 4th year or below in need of help with their schoolwork, I welcome to come to me at anytime. I will happily give you any assistance I can provide. Lastly, as I myself do not approve of bullying if any younger years find that they are being bullied by ANYONE please inform me and I will deal with the problem myself. Thank you and now I believe Professor Snape will arrive momentarily." He sat down and turned towards the entranceway to the common room awaiting Snape's arrival.

My Resume

My Characters