All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:11 am 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Kate blushed as she realized what she said and hid her face and was silent for moment. "James, I...Oh gad... I will be in your room; outside the door." Kate looked at him in the eyes,"You asked about three...right? Choices. With me you will be given choices. You have been denied the ability to make them, right. I want you to make changes gradually."

The mage held the cloth in her hand until he grasped it. Then she removed her hand. Kate stood up and glanced over his figure. "I do not understand how anyone can be mean to you. You are a quick learner. I just realized you ask me questions. I like you to, your going adjust well."

The redhead shook her head, "I better go and let you get out." She smiled, waved, as she backed to the door; then closed the door. Kate raised her left hand and tucked a loose hair behind her ear. *What are you thinking, Katie, you should be afraid of this male warrior. Why fear, that would only make him aggressive. Malora what are you thinking? Why did you tell me, you made him for me. What did you do, other than beat him?*

Kate strolled to a intricately bed post then leaned against it. She fought to hold back tears. *No! Stop Katie. You made a friend. Face it you life has changed and your not the same. Gad, I never blushed or lost composure. Good recovery, there ...wait Katie, you gotta admit James is not like anyone you've met.*

Kate trapesed out of his room gathering bandaged, healing oils, and fresh ice packs. She returned to James's room, "James are you dressed for bed?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:42 pm 

You have nothing to fear, But Fear himself

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

After James had obtained the cloth and his questions awnsered he began to wash his chest legs and arms. He didn't not push to hard to avoid unnecessary pain being felt, but he had cleaned himself throughly. He thought to himself "it's how Kate would have done it." After he had washed himself he got out from the Tub and wrapped the robe around himself, James then exited the room and walked down the Hallway to his quarters.

Upon entering Kate was gone so he looked around a little there was a large bed, a bookself with a few books, a desk of some sorts, a small table by the bed with a lamp on it. He turned on the lamp, it lite the room well he could now see the clothing Kate had laid out for him. He proceeded to put it on as finished clothing himself there was a knock at the door followed by. "James are you dressed for Bed" James responded " Yes Kate I am dressed" he then sat on the bed and waited for Kate.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:59 am 

The mage brought him healing supplies and wine. He looked like a mountain man who sat in hot spring. James was very muscular, as the night shirt fitted his frame, and covered his thighs. His legs were well toned and his skin very tanned. He looked like a warrior ready for a rub down.

"James, you look so much better." Kate approached, as he sat on the bed, "I can't wait to see how you look under that beard. Papa and Jonathan, my brother, have arrived. They are having a nightcap in the living room. I will introduce them to you later. I brought you a cordial glass of honey mead as promised. Have you been allowed wine? Have you been given healing oils and ice packs before?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:13 pm 

1st Year (1)

Kate had walked toward the bed with vials and a glass. then told James that her brother and father had arrived and he will be introduced to them later. She then told him that she had mead and healing oils then asked if he had ever been given either of them. James responded "no I have not but I look forward to experiencing them." he noticed that the night clothing Kate had given him defined his muscles well. A little to well he felt constricted. James plucked the fabric hoping it would loosen slightly to no avail

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:00 pm 

Kate sat the items on the nightstand by the bed. She layed her down partly on her head and shook her carrot colored head. The mage grumbled, "How could Malora allowed improper healing. Gad, I get my paw on her, will ring her neck, and scratch her eyes out." The vixen saw James picking at the material. "Would you like a larger night-shirt? There is a larger one in the closet. Papa keeps extra for company." Katie handed him the tiny silver vessel of pink wine."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:10 pm 

1st Year (1)

James was to busy picking at his shirt to noticed what Kate had said or done. He came back to reality when Kate offered him a Larger Shirt that was in the closet. James responded "no this one is fine just a bit tight is all." he was handed a cup with link liquid in it. He quickly drank it before noticing the bitter taste it left in his mouth. Then he saw the supplies on the table, he supposed it was for his wounds so he laid on the bed for Kate to do what ever she was going to do.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:02 am 

Kate strolled over to the dresser to James's left and carried a white bundle to the bed. "This room is used for different guest. You should be comfortable sleeping." The mage placed the folded shirt on the bed next to her. She helped James out of the smaller shirt. "I need to cover you with healing oils. Here take a sniff. The vial is a mixture of rosemary, camomile, lavender, and mineral oil. I make it myself and can show you how to make it."

The mage poured the oil into her hand and rubbed some on his forearm. "Nice, yes, you'll sleep better. James, do you suffer from nightmares? I do not mind staying with you; if you do."

After he sniffed the vial and poured a bit on his arm; Kate rubbed some into his arms, and massage his shoulders, covered his back, chest, and left hand. She dressed him in the larger shirt, it flowed over him, giving him extra room to breath and move. The mage covered him with blue, satin sheet, fleece blanket, and colorful, quilted comforter that was down-filled. Lastly, she held his right hand and massed it. "Your safe, no harm will come to you; relax and sleep. I can stay with you until you fall asleep." Kate wiped the oils from her hand on the small shirt. She fingered his clean drying hair around his face. Do not fight sleep, I will be right here." She lightly stoked his face and turned down the wick of oil lamp.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:52 pm 

1st Year (1)

Current Time

Kate had walked to a dresser to the left of James, before saying that the room he was in was used from many different guess. Regardless of what James had said Kate still retrieved the larger shirt. then proceeded to help him out of the smaller shirt it was difficult due to the size

She had a vial of oil she had told James to smell. After smelling it she had applied the oil to his forearm before asking if he suffered from nightmares. James replied "I would not call my dreams nightmares Kate. " after she had applied the oil to his back, chest, hand and shoulders she put the larger shirt over him. She had covered him in sheets and blankets before telling homage would stay with him till he slept. So he closed his eyes and slowly drifted off.

Several Hours Later In Dream State

A man had walked into a room where a handmade wooden crib stood. He approached the crib inside laid a infant. The man spoke "can you say Dad........ Of course not your still a baby, but when you come of age you will be a great warrior like myself and your forefathers. Remember son Do all good" with that the man had left.

PostThis post was deleted by Shades on Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:24 pm.
Reason: double post
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:27 pm 

Kate stayed with James until she was satisfied he could sleep. She had to make sure he was not plagued by bad dreams. Kate placed her hand over his temple and "watched" his dream. She saw a huge male figure talking over a crib to a baby with large blue eyes covered in sun's yellow rays. The mage listened as James's father spoke about generations of fighters. Kate was interested in learning more about her aunt's pet.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:08 pm 

1st Year (1)

The dream James had experienced was not vivid. His mind wondered as he slept more Dreams followed but none would be remembered the next day. For the first time in a long time James had slept in. A Thing he would never be able to do when he was a 'Slave'

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:17 am 

The red-head nodded to sleep and after three hours, she slipped off Jame's bed slowly. Kate placed the key to the room on the night stand. She gathered medical supplies and crept to the door. The mage closed the door without making sound. She met her father and brother in the hall to her room.

"I am sure your curious about the cage in the living room. Malora sent me one of her pets as a gift. His name is James. He had a rather difficult journey and is sleeping in the guest room. Please let him sleep, as he is exhausted. It is late and told him you will meet him in the morning. I have tended to his wounds, gave him food and drink." Kate yawned, "I am off to bed. I will have the cage removed."

Lord Gillian Lyons was too tired to deal with the pet. "We will discuss this at breakfast. Tonight, he may sleep undisturbed. Good Night Katie. Jonathan go to bed and will see who or what my Sister has brought us."

Jonathan Lyons grumbled, "Malora, never just gives away any of her pets. Kate what did you do get this James?"

Kate shrugged her shoulders, "I do not know. Maybe she had a change of heart or finally got back at Lord Draco. James is a gift and I am keeping him here. Jonathan, do not antagonize him. He will rip you to pieces. I would suggest you make a friend of him."

Jonathan gave a defensive expression, "It is me he should be aware. What is he a fighter of some kind?"

Kate pointed a finger at her brother and poked his chest, "As mater of fact he is. He fought in the arena. His kind of fighting is far dangerous than soldiering. I do not want you to challenge him. Papa has not taught you arena combat."

Lyons nodded as he placed a firm hand on his son's shoulder, "She's right. You do not have my permission to challenge James. Not until I have tested him first. Kate is here alive, this James must be well trained."

Kate frowned, "More than either of you know. He has the scars to prove it and is lucky to have survived. Papa, Jonathan, I am happy he is here and I will not allow him to fight anyone. He is my charge and a member of our house. He is to be treated as such."

Lyons chuckled, "I believe your mother made a similar speech. This does not go on deaf ears. If it your wish you do not wish James to fight. Johnathan, you and I will heed Kate's request. We will interrogate James in the morning."

Kate flattened her fox ears against her head, "Papa, I told James he could sleep in as long as he wanted."

Lyons hugged Katie, "We do not want to interfere, do we Jonathan? Katie we will speak to James after he has breakfast. Good night to you both."

Lord Lyons removed his uniform as he entered his room and shut the door. Jonathan look at Kate and shook his head, "What is this Pet, Katie?"

Kate looked up at her brother, "I have not asked him. For all I can tell, he looks and smells human. I do not care what Papa said. You will meet James when I am ready for you to. Johh, you wake him up, you do so at your own risk. I mean it, leave him alone."

Both Kate and Jonathan headed to their own bedrooms. Kate made sure Jonathan entered his room before she closed her door. The mage dressed for bed and listened for any movement in the hall. After several moments the mage settled into bed. She fell asleep thinking of all the places in town James would see.

Next morning Kate dressed in a blue, long velvet skirt and matching bodice and solid dark blue waist jacket. She platted her hair in a single braid down her back. The redhead strolled into the kitchen put the kettle on the stove and turned up the back burner. She proceeded to gather from the ice-box blueberries, butter, eggs, bacon, and oranges. From the cupboard, the mage gathered flour canister, baking powder box, sugar bowl, salt, and maple syrup.

Kate mixed the ingredients together, as she knew the recipe by heart, that Ann showed her. Both Jonathan and Lord Lyons entered the dining room as Kate had set the table and placed a large platter of pancakes on the table along with a plate of bacon; a plate of butter, glass jar of syrup, a pitcher of fresh squeezed orange juice; and teapot of hot tea.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:19 pm 

1st Year (1)

James had awoken to a scent unlike any he had ever smelled, he followed the scent to the dining room he stood in the doorway. He figure taking up most of the room the door presented. He stood frozen looking at all the things that were placed on the table. Before his eyes caught two men. He spoke to the older of the two assuming he was Kate's Father though it could be mistaken as him speaking to the younger from where he stood. He bowed before saying "Apologizes your Grace, I did not know you would be present." with that he had slipped behind the wall and awaited to be asked to come in.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:38 pm 

Lord Lyons was a man of large stature; he wore a white silk shirt; a brocade dark blue vest under a in a heavy cotton doublet; and black pants tucked into brown, highly polished, leather boots. His lordship looked human for his hair was dark brown with graying temples. His fox ears were darker than Kate's. His crows-footed, dark green eyes, were lined from years of being exposed to the outdoors. Kate's father's hands were large and scarred from years of battle. Lyons carried his massive, squared shoulders and muscled chest, straight as a soldier. His very presence commanded respect.
Lyons finished the letter then placed it on the table as James entered the room. His lordship clinched his jaws as he studied the figure of the young man; in a deep, calm voice spoke, "Enter and his kneel. Speak your name, the name of you master, and tell me why you are here? Speak truth and you will not be punished."
Jonathan was eating his breakfast of pancakes, sausage, and orange juice. He looked exactly like a younger copy of his father. The younger Lyons sat as his father's left with Kate to her father's right. Kate placed her fork on the table and held her hands in her lap. Kate wore a Kelly green dress with matching waist length over jacket. She sat silent at the table when James entered, hurried out, and asked permission to enter.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:05 pm 

1st Year (1)

James had done as he was asked to do, he entered the room dropped one knee onto the floor in a knelling stand before saying. "James, sire I do not know my surname, Lady Katherine Lyons is my Mistress, I was a gift from Lady Malora to Lady Katherine." James did not move from his stance. As it was a sign of disrespect, or at least that is what Lord Draco had told him. He would not move until asked to do so. He waited silently in his pose.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:34 pm 

Kate sat silent as her gift knelt before her father. She hated such societal formalities. Everyone had to bow or curtsy to those stationed above them. It was the rules of court. Lyons knew immediately that Kate would not like him interrogating the lad as he knelt before him. The lad was a slave and accustomed being treated as one. His lordship distrusted his sister, Malora, ever since she asked permission to leave and study the dark arts with Lord Draco. He was not surprised when Malora wedded without his permission. He suspected foul play by Draco marrying his sister and her reputation was known of their monetary success in the pit and arena circuits.
There before him was a prized pet that Malora, years ago promised she would hand raise a pet just for Kate, upon her 17 birthday, as a Mage gift. Lyons remained void of any expression on his face as he waited for the lad to answer.

Lyons was surprised to hear the proper common from James as the slave spoke. *At least Malora had the for sight to educate the lad. The lord stood up towering over James then spoke in a deep, commanding voice," Kate, Jonathan, leave the room for I need to speak to the lad in private. If I am satisfied, he will be returned to you unharmed."

Kate and Jonathan immediately stood up and slowly walked out. Kate whispered to her father as she passed, "Be kind, he's damaged." The mage placed a soft hand on James's shoulder then squeezed. Her warm mana warmed his skin to aching muscles. She smiled and nodded to James in his mind he heard. *Eyes down. Do not fear. Papa will come to trust you as I do.*

Once Kate left the room, he glanced at Kate suspecting she used magic then gazed heavily on the slave, "Sit in the chair next to my right and eat from this plate. Speak freely. Are the foods on the plate in front of you, unfamiliar to you. "
The lord placed a plate of scrambled eggs; two pieces of buttered toast; and four strips of bacon thickly sliced, a glass of orange juice and one glass of milk in front of James. Then he handed the slave a spoon and napkin. He spoke in gentle low voice, "Are you efficient with tableware?"