All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Chogokin Horizon
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:53 am 

Medals: 3
Best Group RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

"Okay, everything checks out! Good to go, Reogane!"

The orange haired boy stood up, standing on the open cockpit hatch of the blue machine. He looked over the controls and sensors, each one working as it should. "As soon as they give as the good to go, we'll show them a real party!" He said with a smirk and a snap, lightly kicking a button on the hatch. He jumped down as the cockpit closed up, it's lights dimming as the machine went into standby. The boy stood up, somehow unfazed by the rather large jump. He dusted off his cerulean colored jacket, before pausing and taking it off. It would be best to be as cool as possible before the fight, he figured.

"Probably should have worn my gi, thinking about it. Oh well, jeans and a t-shirt work just as well!" He said to himself, looking over his clothing, as he headed towards a small station for pilots to clean themselves up after a fight. A black shirt with a silver stripe going across it diagonally, and a pair of slightly baggy blue jeans, and a pair of beaten up and dirty sneakers. The entire outfit was kind of dirty, truth be told, and he briefly humored the idea of buying some new clothes.

This idea was pushed out of his head as soon as he reached the station, finding himself staring back at his own face via mirror. "Actually, I could probably be wearing trash bags and look damn good." He grinned, turning on the sink, half expecting his dazzling smile to actually shine. And maybe it would have, were most of his teeth not broken and chipped! The rest of his round face was actually in pretty good shape for somebody who fights for a living, he realized as he splashed some water on it. No scars, looked young and full of life, with bright blue eyes. "You know, Reogane, if this whole fighter thing doesn't work out, I could TOTALLY be a model." He joked, turning back to the blue machine, wiping his face with a towel.

Suddenly, a chill went down the boy's spine. Nobody else was around, that was normal. The hangers were always empty until right before a match, in order to let the fighters have some peace and concentrate. But even then, even if some of the mechanics had entered, they wouldn't have touched a pilot's machine without permission.

So why the hell was Reogane's cockpit opened up? "I would have heard somebody come in." The boy muttered to himself, walking forward. Suddenly, he realized how quiet the hanger was. His own thoughts had filtered out the silence before, but now that he was listening, he realized how empty it all was. It was kind of disturbing to him, he realized. "Come on, Alexander. You're an arena fighter, don't be so freaked out." He told himself, closing his eyes and sighing. He opened them back up, calming down. "I probably didn't hit the button for closing it hard enough! Probably just stressed about the fight, heh. Don't know why, even if it is the final round, no way in hell I'm gonna lose!"

He was positive of that, his words no empty bragging. He knew his strength was enough to win, even if he fought the strongest pilot in a hundred mile radius! Despite that, though, there was now a thought in the back of his head. Not fear, but a worry. Worry of something, though he wasn't sure what. "...Whatever it is, I can deal with it. If something bad happens, I'll just kick it's ass!" He punched the air, sure of himself.

If he was just decided to listen for just a second more, instead of instantly going back to talking to the lifeless robot, he would have heard a giggle. In the corner of the room, hidden behind some stacked up crates, was a girl, watching the orange haired pilot. She whispered to herself, amused by the boy's actions.

"You humans are silly."

----
And on the other side of the arena, in the second hanger.

"You do notice somebody is watching us, right?"

The red head typed the words onto his computer onto his computer, not actually turning to face the person looking at the mechanic and cyborg. The long haired mechanic had noticed her a few moments before. Military woman, it looked like, but he wasn't sure. It would make sense to him, though.

The two had probably broken a lot of laws.

He stood up, stretching his arms, looking around (making sure not to look in the direction of the woman too long). The hanger was filled with people, as it usually was. Unless you were a loud weirdo nobody wanted to be around, but what were the chances of that? The point is, with how much movement there was, somebody standing still and watching was obvious. So if the person was trying to be sneaky they were doing terrible at it. "This is freaking me out." He typed. "I don't want to be forced to make weapons for the military! I want to do it of my own free will and get paid." Because obviously if the military was there it was for the mute seventeen year old mechanic, and not for cyborg pilot. "Go talk to her or something."

He paused, looking at his friend for a second.

"on second thought don't go near her you'll probably get us arrested for treason or something."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Chogokin Horizon
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:55 pm 

eyy, senpai!

Medals: 14
GM of the Month (1) Longest RP (2)
Completed RP (1) Best Entrance (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

On the other side of the arena, another pilot was hyping himself up. Standing in front of a mirror, he adjusted the connection points of his piloting suit. Custom made, well-fitted and quite clearly meant to be a bit showy. The black undersuit was littered with metallic ports, and his arms - which were mechanical, artificial limbs - stuck out from the sleeveless first layer. There were small ports along his collarbone and the back of his neck, which clicked into place on matching spots of connection embedded in his cybernetically enhanced body. Nearby, a silver jakcet-like garment and a helmet rested atop a table, upon which were also a few tools.

He stood in front of a mirror, set up in front of a hangar that currently housed a large robot. "You got this. Number one." Muttering to himself, he slammed his fists together, taking a deep inhale. For a moment, he closed his eyes until he heard the familiar little tone of his partner's message alert. "Oh. Well, yeah, isn't that the idea? Nothing new in these tournaments at least." Unballing his fists, he turned to the mechanic. "Besides, how do you know she's military? A lot of Americans just really like camo. You ever been down south, man? That ****'s everywhere." Besides, why would a soldier be hanging around and watching them? Sure, they may have stolen a few dozen tons of mecha parts, raided newly-fallen contact zones, and committed tax fraud, but that was police-level stuff. Sending a soldier after them would be a little extreme, probably.

Just before he began to walk off to speak to the woman, he was stopped by another message. "Oh, yeah? That's like, an international incident if she so much as touches me. I'm basically invincible here." A dumbass grin crossed his face, and he gave a shitty little half-salute to the person watching them, who only responded by crossing her arms a bit more tightly. "Besides, she's more your type anyway, Rivas. Go on, chat her up. It'll give ya something to do while I'm out there kicking ass." He patted the mechanic on the back of his shoulder, then swooped up his jacket off the table, pulling it on in an all-too dramatic fashion that made it flow in the air behind him. His arms entered the sleeves, which were lined with smaller connection ports, and the sounds of clicking could be heard as everything shifted into place. Finally, he grabbed the helmet. A similarly silver, mostly round ensemble that pulled over his head and exposed his face. The smallest amount of his white-dyed hair stuck out above his eyes, both mechanical blue implants in his natural monolid structure.

The helmet clicked into one final port on the back of his neck, and across the whole outfit, blue lines flashed as the suit activated its technological aspects. "Logged the **** in," He mumbled, another smile crossing his face as he looked up towards the machine ahead of him. It was a smooth, futuristic-looking model, very sleek and somewhere in the medium weight and size range. "Okay, Keizer! You and me, we're gonna take that trophy today, so don't you glitch up on me." With one final roll of his shoulders, followed by a crack of his neck, he bounded up the stairs that led to a platform suspended near the machine's back.

When he was close enough, he snapped his fingers, a completely needless display as the machine was now linked to his mind. Larger-scale mechanical noises could be heard as the back armour plating shifted out and up, and from behind an extra few layers that pulled themselves back, the cockpit's main seat emerged. When it was close enough to the platform, he hopped over the railing onto the chair, taking hold of the control sticks on either armrest. A simple push forward began to retract the seat into the machine's torso once more. Just before he entered entirely, he stopped and looked back out at the intimidating military woman, yelling to her. "Yo! My mechanic thinks you're super hot!" And just like that, he was gone, hidden beneath the hide of his machine.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:04 am 

2nd Year (1)

Rivas sighed, shaking his head. The **** he put up with dealing with the cyborg would drive lesser men to madness. He turned around, facing the woman, planning on simply shrugging, as if to say "I have no idea what that dumb ass is talking about." However, as soon as he got a good look at her, he continued to turn, facing away again, placing his hands on his face and sighing.

****. She was super hot.

He begun to type on his laptop, an advance looking piece colored white and obviously modified, several impressive pieces of tech plugged into it. This was a problem. He couldn't talk to girls! He paused his typing, suddenly looking annoyed. He just couldn't talk at all. He forgot that sometimes. Shaking his head, he got back to typing. He had to just ask a simple question, then leave her alone! Or blame it all on Rance. Either worked for him. Nodding, he picked up his computer and headed towards the woman, making sure not to actually look right at her, at fear of suddenly forgetting how to do things right in front of an attractive lady. That happens sometimes, he heard. As he got closer, he pointed the screen at her, his words quite visible for her to read. He noticeably had it up high enough to block his own face, which he was totally sure wasn't slowly becoming redder the closer he got.

"i know youre from the military and if we're wanted for any crimes its all rance's (he's the asian one) fault and it was against my will i promise please save me from his unjust ways. if you dont want us for any crimes then Hello, every single good thing we might be wanted for is all Rivas's(He's the spanish one) Also he's me!) fault and I am willing to take all praise and reward for it."

He only hoped he hadn't downplayed himself too much.
---

Back at the other side of the arena, the orange hair man headed towards his machine, a self sure grin on his face. "Okay, time to party!" He punched his fist into his hand, the blue visor of his machine lighting up as he did. He found himself slowly speeding up, before he was in full sprint, the chest mounted cockpit of the blue machine opening up as he finally got near. He bent down, looking up and taking aim as he jumped upwards, easily reaching the machine, landing on the opened up metal plating. "Alright, Reogane. Let's give these people a fight they're NEVER gonna forget!" He told the machine, hopping inside, the cockpit closing behind him. The cockpit it self was incredibly simple. As in, it was nothing, just a grey flat floor for the boy to stand, and a dome like ceiling. "Okay...Okay." The boy breathed out, closing his eyes and focusing. "Remember, what teacher always told us." He smiled, his eyes snapping open.

"The only limit I have is myself!"

The cockpit suddenly flashed to life, the walls of the cockpit suddenly showing a panoramic display of the machine's surroundings. Rings of blue fire suddenly appear around the boy's wrists and ankles, which quickly became metal rings. "Hehe, now we're ready to rock and roll!" With a cross his of his arms, the machine copied the boy's movement. He performed a walking motion, and the machine followed, heading to the exit of the garage, where the fight was waiting. He grinned, the excitement of battle beginning to take him. Some people would have called him fight crazy, some barbarian obsessed with with fighting. He wouldn't have disagreed.

The machine, Reogane, was interesting. It's chest, middle of the lower torso, lower arms and legs, shoulders, back, pelvis and head were covered in blue armor, a deep cerulean, with some silver detailing. However, the sides of it's lower torso, upper arms and legs, neck, and every joint was covered with black, rubber like coverings. Completely terrible for protection, this allowed for a far great range of motion. Adding to that, if a person knew their military history, it appeared that the machine was an customized "Arc", one of the first giant mecha put into service. It had the same leg and arm shape, a chest that looked to be a streamlined and more aerodynamic version of the Arc's, and the cube-like head had the same blade-like triangle shaped antennas that pointed backwards, though replacing the Arc's face covering monoeye with a silver face plate and light blue visor. The main differences being the rubber coverings and completely different back. Arcs had simple backpack mounted thrusters, while Reogane had a ring-like design with three thrusts located on the ring, small guiding fins on sides and bottom of the back, and vents in the center of the ring.

Oh, and Arcs were about three times the size of Reogane, which meant it wasn't a customized one.

The blue machine and it's orange haired pilot entered into the main arena, a square shaped area with tall walls and a flat ground, both made of metal with an open top that let the sun inside. Covering the walls were screens the showed the audience, letting the fighters know if they were putting on a decent enough show. The actual audience was a mile away, but due to some fancy camera and speaker tech that Alexander didn't claim to understand, it was if the only thing separating the spectators and the fighters were the metal walls. As these walls had fallen more than once, it would be TERRIBLE idea for that to be the actual case.

Suddenly, a voice came to life over the speakers, letting people know the show was soon to begin. "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! THE FINAL MATCH OF THE WEEK IS HERE AT LAST! YOU'VE SEEN THEM BATTLE ENEMY AFTER ENEMY, AND NOW THEY'RE HERE TO FACE EACH OTHER IN THE FINALS! IN THIS CORNER, WE HAVE A FAN FAVORITE! HIS BLUE FLAMES HAVE BURNED AWAY THE REST OF HIS COMPETITION, NOW HERE HE IS! ALEXANDER EAST!"

Alexander smiled, punching his fists together, before punching the air, his robot following the same motions. A decent amount of cheers filled the arena, as the sunshine glinted off of Reogane's visor. If Alexander had to guess, about... half the audience was cheering for him. Which means the other half would be cheering for his opponent. "If the audience is split like this...oh hell yes." Alexander's smile turned into a full fledged grin, knowing that mean his opponent was gonna be GOOD.

"AND NOW! IN THIS CORNER, ANOTHER WHO HAS EARNED HIS SHARE OF FANS! A MAN, A MACHINE THAT HAS BEEN GIVING US NOTHING BUT ABSOLUTELY CUHRAYZEE BATTLES HIS ENTIRE TIME HERE! PUT YOUR HANDS TOGETHER FOR RANCE KUROSAWA!"

And there was the other half.

If Alexander could get more excited, he hadn't before.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:55 pm 

eyy, senpai!

Rance used a more typical cockpit setup, albeit one that was very heavily customized to suit his needs. His seat was surrounded by currently inactive screens, and various complicated controls surrounded him. The primary were a pair of sticks on the seat's armrest, though there were dozens of buttons, pedals, and what seemed to be a pair of handlebars below him, mounted on an arm that obviously allowed for movement toward the pilot seat. When the armour of Keizer's rear torso plate closed up, the cockpit was darkened for a moment, the only light a dull glow coming from the blue lines of his suit and his eyes. He took a deep breath, then stuck a small key into an ignition port on the dashboard, activating the machine with a thunderous engine roar.

Keizer itself was of average size, its colour scheme a blend of pearly white, near-black grey, and glowing blue. It was very smooth-looking, with few jagged edges in the design. It had quite long legs, ending in large feet, with visible kneepads and ball-like joints on the hips. The knees themselves had a set of blue, almost crystalline plates, as did the outer elbows and either side of its rounded helmet. The shoulders had smooth tops and extended slightly past the biceps, and on the torso, a larger blue orb was surrounded by a ring of white metal, ridged with crests surrounding parts of it. As the machine came to life, blue lines ran down the grey parts of its torso and limbs, and the crystal-like pieces glowed brightly, the crests on the body moving forward to cover most of the torso's glowing part. Its face, a blank plate below a pair of optics, activated alongside the glowing sections on its head.

"Looking good, Keizer," Rance said aloud to the machine. He moved the controls forward, tilting them inward as it grasped a set of handles on some sort of machine that it was seated atop. When he did that, the mobile controls slid forward and up, a pair of smaller ports plugging into the armrest-mounted sticks. He took hold of them instead, much like a driver of a motorcycle would hold onto their vehicle's front wheel. He awaited the announcer to say his name, anticipation growing heavily. His foot tapped against the ground impatiently. "Come on, come on. Let's get out there and put on one hell of a show!"

As soon as he was called, the audience roared, as did the engine of his machine's mount. He twisted the handlebars hard, tearing out of the now-open hangar and into the arena. Keizer rode atop a mech-sized motorcycle, made in a similar aesthetic to the machine itself and armed with a plethora of weapons. As he peeled out into the arena grounds, he tugged back on the controls, pulling Keizer's motorcycle into a wheelie. He rode like that for a good while, circling Reogane a good few times. Keizer raised one fist while driving, allowing the motorcycle to hit the ground again and return to his position opposite Reogane in the arena, driving off and stopping with a sideways slide.

"Yo!" Rance shouted over the communications system. "Good luck out there! Let's give this people what they paid for, huh?" A wide smile crossed his face, though it was soon hidden by the sudden deployment of extra parts of his helmet. A plate closed over his nose and mouth, and a visor dropped down over his eyes, then extended a pair of long points that extended past the helmet, for no apparent practical reason other than looks. On Keizer's face, a similar visor deployed over the mech's optics, glowing the same bright blue as the other lit up aspects of its body.

This was gonna be one hell of a crazy match.

-----

The woman remained unimpressed, staring down Rivas with a stern expression. Her only deviation from that behavior came after the odd display of text-based speech, at which she sighed and ran a hand through her short, sandy blonde hair. "I'm sure there are a lot of warrants out for your arrest just for associating with that maniac in the arena, but you're not the one in trouble just yet." Her arms, now uncrossed, moved into a position where one hand rested on her belt. "There are a few people in this place I'd like to talk to on behalf of President Hawk. I don't know if you types would work for the government, or even support the idea of one, but it's very important. If you wouldn't mind."

Of course, if they did mind, she would bring them in one way or another. It wasn't too often rowdy mech fighters agreed to do mercenary work. Most of them were content with beating the scrap out of each other and violently opposed any interference by people of actual governmental authority. Every now and then, when it could be done, they were arrested and forced to comply. Given the attitudes of the white mecha's pilot, she fully expected things to end up like that.

Truthfully, she also sort of looked forward to it. Shutting him up would be well worth the effort.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:55 pm 

2nd Year (1)

Rivas let out a sigh of relief. Good, one more day a free yet probably incredibly wanted man. A day he would probably spend the rest of thinking of ways of escaping from prison. It was then the woman explained that she wanted to talk to some people, and the red haired man's face switched to one of annoyance at the mention of the President. Rivas didn't like him, he was kind of...Rivas thought for the words to use, when it hit him. Completely and utterly ****ing terrible. Part of him knew it would be incredibly unwise to say his opinion about Hawk to this military woman, however!

"You mean President completely and utterly ****ing terrible? eh sure whatever he probably pays good. Rance isn't good at making good decisions and often just does what i say so i will talk/type to you on his behalf."

That second half was pure bullshit, obviously, but she didn't know that. If Rivas was able to get info from her first, he could send it Rance and tell him to get ready to run when they got the chance if it wasn't something they would want to do. And if it WAS something Rivas wanted to do, he could work out a better deal without Rance being there to annoy the woman and probably end up in hand cuffs anyways. Wouldn't be the first time, and despite his efforts the mechanic was sure it wouldn't be the last. It was at this point Rivas realized he should probably explain his odd text based means of communication, and so he wrote up a quick message on the laptop.

"oh and before you ask i can't talk so i type what i want to say."

He could talk, once! But then he forgot how to. Or something, he wasn't...exactly sure what had happened, but that didn't exactly matter. Knowing the cause could help reverse the effect, but he didn't exactly care enough. This had worked out for him for years, and not like he normally talked with people, that was Rance's job. Besides, typing helped when it came to deciding what to say, so it was more efficient. Chances are, if he could just open his mouth and say things, he would probably just say things that normal people wouldn't understand. Some would call it him being rude and condescending, but Rivas called it being smarter than most.

-----
Reogane crossed it's arms, it's head turning to watch Keizer circle around it. "Heh, showy, aren't ya!?" Alexander asked, grinning as the opposing mecha slid to a halt. "Yeah, good luck to you too! And of course, I'm not going to let any of these people leave disappointed, so LET'S PARTY!" With that, Reogane dashed forward, it's thrusters roaring to life. The blue machine suddenly jumped into the air, the ring on it's back beginning to move. This allowed the thrusters to move the machine in ways normally possible, in this case causing it to turn upside down. Once it was fully upside down in the air, Alexander punched forward, Reogane's left fist flying off, propelled by a rocket. The ring on it's back continue, the machine now upward once again, shooting off it's other fist.

The thrusters then moved into position to shoot him back down quickly, letting him land within seconds, charging forward and sending a jumping kick towards the white machine, the rocket punches coming at it from the sides from different heights.

"AND ALEXANDER IS OFF TO A GOOD START, SENDING A BARRAGE OF ATTACKS AT HIS OPPONENT! CAN RANCE MATCH THIS ASSAULT!?"

"He's going either drive forward, or jump off the bike. I either need to be ready to move out out of the way of an attack or jump off the bike...unless he jumps backwards? I'll reconnect Reogane's fist then...throw the bike at him? No, no, it probably has some tricks." Alexander mentally noted every possibility he could think of within the few seconds he had. If you were going to make it far as a fighter, you HAD to be able to think quickly, no questions about it, and Alexander had been able to get a handle of that. At least, when it came to fighting. Anything else, and he was a bit slower.But that didn't matter, right now he was ignoring the crowd, the announcer, and even the speed the fight was already going at, focusing entirely on his opponent and what he could do, remembering to be ready to react to anything he didn't think of.

Of course, every thing he could think of all led to a single conclusion. Kick his ass and be as showy about it as possible!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:49 pm 

eyy, senpai!

Rance sped off of his starting position, keeping Keizer's optics glued to Reogane when the blue machine took off into the sky. "A flyer, huh? This is gonna be fun," he thought, tightening his grip on the controls. For now, he refrained from attacking, instead keeping a focus on building up speed. Both of Reogane's fists were launched, necessitating further speed to avoid their strikes. To avoid the first, he twisted the motorcycle's controls hard, doing a spin to get the wheel out of the flight path. For the second, Keizer partially dismounted the motorcycle, holding itself up on the side of the bike to let the fist fly overhead. The impact against the arena floor left heavy cracks on both places where the fists hit, testament to the sheer force that each rocket propelled punch carried to it. By the time he remounted, Reogane's kick was coming in hot.

Reactively, Rance pulled up on the controls, forcing the motorcycle onto its rear wheel. It hit Reogane's foot, and as it was made of a hard material like the rest of both machines, sparked as its motion ground against the enemy mech's own metallic structure. "Nice try!" He shouted, revving the engine threateningly. He twisted a round switch on the handle's inner section, and from the motorcycle's wheels, plasma generators emerged. Each one flared up into a blue flame-like structure, which then hardened into a searing hot semi-solid that resembled a buzzsaw blade. With the blades deployed, he sped up, intending to cut through Reogane's foot. The rear wheel left a streak of destroyed flooring behind it, a semi-shallow line where the blade had cut into the ground.

Within the cockpit, Rance locked the bike controls into an autopilot mode, freeing the mech's arm controls up once more. Another button was pushed to open a pair of weapon racks built into the vehicle, from which a mech-sized pair of sword handles deployed. Keizer grabbed both and flipped them forward, pressing buttons on the back of each bladeless hilt. A telescoping rail extended up the back side of each, then generated plasma blades of their own, creating matching blue single-edged swords. He began to slash at Reogane's less armoured bits, striking with one blade at a time on either side of the currently armless machine.

"Keep your guard up, Rance. No way this guy's gonna go down easy," He thought silently, paying close mind to his radar. He fully expected Reogane's fists to come flying at him at any moment. After seeing how hard they'd struck the arena when he dodged, he didn't want to get hit by those things.

-----

"That's the guy." The soldier didn't skip a beat at Rivas's insult. Opinions of the man outside his territory of America were incredibly low. Even in said territory, there was a lot of dissent in regions not directly benefiting from his regime. "He's been having some...concerns, about foreign forces. Nothing new from the man, but apparently they're important enough to send me after tournament fighters for help. So." She shrugged. Her job wasn't to give her opinion on politicians, so she didn't dwell on it. She was slightly amused at the mechanic's jab at Rance's decision making ability, though it only showed for half a moment before her expression went back to its stern neutrality.

"In that case, there's some paperwork involved. Not really paper, but you'll need to sign some forms I've got on this." From a pouch on the belt that helped keep her jumpsuit secure, she tugged out a tablet-like device with a stylus clipped into a small plastic rack on the top. "It's just some legal matters, showing that you know you're getting into potentially serious situations and are getting paid for it. Read it if you want." She held the device out to Rivas, the text on the screen clear and readable, but held a somewhat odd syntax that one might associate with an old person using the internet. "Handwritten by the president himself," She dryly mumbled. "What an honor."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:39 am 

2nd Year (1)

As soon as wheel turned into a plasma-bladed buzzsaw, Alexander jumped backwards, narrowly missing two of the sword slashes. Of course, since Alexander didn't know Rance had placed the bike into auto-pilot, he didn't foresee it coming towards him without Keizer having to place it's hand back on the handles, leading to two nasty slashes on Reogane's upper left arm and the right of his lower torso. "Oh Geeze oh geeze oh geeze." Alexander gulped, suddenly having to constantly back up while dodging the plasma blades. Due to the nature of the blades, he couldn't just kick them away without suffering damage. Not to mention, the arena wall quickly coming up behind him. "Well, alright, if I can't move backwards, I'll go forward!" Alexander thought, suddenly jumping upwards, spinning around the next two slashes, landing on the bike. "Room for two?" He asked, kicking off the bike and doing a flip over Keizer, landing on the back of the bike, holding Reogane's arms out. The two fists returned to him, slamming into the arms and reconnecting. During the entire time, the announcer was going while, but Alexander was tuning him out.

"This bike moves pretty fast! I like it." He told his opponent, crossing his arms as he stood on the back of the bike, enjoying the ride, as he turned around to face forward.

"IT APPEARS ALEXANDER HAS FORGOTTEN HE'S FIGHTING, FOLKS! THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME HE'S DONE THIS, AND I'M SURE IT WON'T BE THE LAST!" The announcer cried out, causing Alexander to shake his head.

"Oh yeah! We're fighting. Well, this thing is gonna be a pain, despite how cool it is. Sorry, but this is gonna have to go!" Reogane suddenly jumped up, kicking down on the end of the motorcycle as it was coming down, trying to make it flip backwards. Even if it didn't, he still boosted backwards, doing a punching motion forwards. Blue flames suddenly enveloped the machine's fist, spinning around it and turning into pure blue energy, which then shot forward at the opposing machine. It wouldn't do a great amount of damage, but it would do something, Alexander was sure. "Alright, can pull the basic blast off. Those plasma blades are nasty, doing some damage from far away wouldn't be a bad idea. Gotta see how fast he is without that bike, though." He thought to himself, not considering the fact Keizer could just get back on the bike. Simply something he overlooked while planning.

----

Rivas nodded, reading the "paperwork". He thought over what he said, noticing something odd. "Foreign Forces", she said. Now, something about that didn't make sense to him. He thought about what it was as he read, when it hit him. He typed something up on his laptop, and after he finished reading, he turned it around to show the soldier.

"oh you mean those aliens. i think rance would like to fight aliens and i am for using more alien technology."

He then signed the tablet, handing it back to her. After a while he just had to stop reading it, as reading it was making him want to yell at the president how to type. "I swear if taking this job means meeting that ****ing I am going to end up thrown in jail for **** him off." He thought, signing. After he was sure the soldier had read what he typed, he took the laptop back, writing up a quick message and sending it to Rance's machine, where a artificial voice would read it out as soon as Rance gave the okay. Rivas was pretty sure the voice was a vocaloid, because Rance was terrible like that and got rid of the voice that was pre-programmed with he message system.

"we have a job. fighting aliens. i think. probably aliens. we work for the military now so stop doing crimes, idiot. let me do the crimes so we don't get caught. also win so we get prize money i forgot to mention. with love, your best friend rivas"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:48 pm 

eyy, senpai!

Rance smiled, appreciative of the compliment towards his machinery. It was a pride point for him, and while he didn't build it alone, he put a hell of a lot of work and ideas into getting everything working. "Hey, thanks! Built this one a couple years ago with a pal. Took us ages to make the engine strong enough to pull a lot of weight and still be quick. And, you know, not explode. That was a problem," He explained, also getting a bit distracted from the battle since Alexander had stopped attacking. It would've been unsportsmanlike to take advantage of the situation, really. Couldn't have the reputation tarnished in an arena fight. However, the announcer kicked things back into gear, and Reogane's leap caused the motorcycle to do a backflip out of Rance's control.

"Now wait a damn second!" Rance shouted, trying to stabilize the motorcycle in vain. Keizer fell away from the bike, which itself landed on its wheels and took off, its commands still telling it to go forward. The autpilot was good enough to keep it moving in circles, as to avoid a damaging crash, but Rance was now without his source of speed and extra armaments. "Damn, been a while since someone's got me off that. Oh well. Just gonna need to be quick," He thought, regaining his bearings just as Reogane fired off some kind of plasma blast, which struck Keizer in the midsection. It sent the machine careening backwards, into a collision course with the wall. A sudden boost from some engines on Keizer's back helped steady the machine and prevent it from slamming into it, instead landing him in a stylish kneeling pose that the crowd cheered over.

Rance's HUD began to scan for an ideal strategy to take, round trackers and kanji-written information scrawling down the screen. The motorcycle, still going in the background, wasn't an immediate priority for remounting. It could make some good use as a weapon, though. After deciding to go for a pincer maneuver, he boosted forward with Keizer, holding each sword out to his sides. The blades deployed a secondary function, the plasma rails shifting position to resemble the teeth of a chainsaw. Each tooth then began to move as the rails themselves circled around the solid frame of the sword, and when the gap between the machines was closed, Keizer brought both down towards Reogane's shoulders.

From behind, the motorcycle turned away from its circular path, and instead aimed its way toward Reogane. Controlling it when not mounted was awkward, but as long as it remained a straight line, the path was simple enough to manage. The motorcycle pulled a wheelie as it got nearer, the sawtoothed front wheel ready to strike Reogane from behind.

Suddenly, in the midst of battle, a message and holographic image of a blue-haired girl appeared on the screen's lower right corner, and in a singsong voice, she alerted Rance of an incoming message. He loudly cursed as the message alert overtook the sounds of important combat information. "GOD DAMN IT MIKU NOT NOW!" In hindsight, replacing the mech's communications program with this might not have been the best idea.

-----

"What are y-..." The soldier stopped, closing her eyes for a moment in annoyance. Okay, so maybe she couldn't bullshit these two as much as the mission statement ordered her to. Fine, that was alright. What mattered is that they were willing to fight. Rivas, at least. She sort of assumed Rance would go along with it, because he didn't strike her as the kind of person who could make his own decisions and still be alive a few hours after doing so. "Well, good. As soon as the match is finished then, it would be ideal for us to head out. Of course, you'll probably need to do some repairs, and our hangars are happy to provide supplies for that." She put the tablet back into the pouch for safekeeping.

It was no secret that the world's technology level was the result of extraterrestrial influence. Not from aliens themselves, but from mysterious asteroids and derelict vessels that just sort of fell out of the sky one day without warning, and continued to do so in smaller bursts even now. But never had there been any actual contact with the beings that might have made the technology before. She wasn't sure if they were connected, or if they were something else entirely, but if they were responsible for the tech that came to Earth in the fall, then ordinary military machines wouldn't stand up against them on their own. Pilots with powerful custom mechs would be a hell of an advantage in such a fight.

Since she'd convinced Rivas to sign on, she figured it was time to give a more proper introduction to him. "Since we'll be working together, it's probably best for you to know who I am. Name's Emily Reinhart. Captain ranked in the east coast federation of the United States military. Pleasure to meet you." She still didn't sound especially thrilled, but since Rivas had gone along with the deal so well, she allowed herself to lighten up at least a little. A handshake was even offered to him, though she refrained from smiling at all. Maybe not the warmest welcome, but it was good enough.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:21 am 

2nd Year (1)

Alexander was all ready to properly counter Rance's assault, carefully planning on how to get around the swords the machine wielded. That was, however, before they shifted into chainswords, and Alexander promptly lost his ****. "YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" He cried out, lost in how damn cool what he just saw was. "...Wait **** those things are going to hurt me." He realized, suddenly having to figure out how to handle them. He heard the motorcycle coming at him from the back as well, and realized he had to take care of that. He looked to the sides, then shook his head. "Naw, that's boring. Let's do something that will REALLY get the crowd going!" He grinned, holding out Reogane's hands, focusing. The blue fire appeared around them once again, turning into energy as before. However, instead of shooting forward, it simply remained on the machine's hands. Alexander waited until Rance finally struck out at him, he slammed his arms upwards, catching the chainsaw-like blades with his hands, energy and sparks flying off and filling the air around them. "This is gonna hurt me, BUT **** IT LET'S GO!" He roared out, pushing back with his arms and gripping onto them. Even with the mysterious energy surrounding Reogane's hands, they were still getting torn to shreds, just not as quickly as they would normally. He suddenly noticed Keizer suddenly slow down a little, but he ignore it. He only had once chance to do this. He focused on Reogane's legs, and was just about ready to jump upwards.

"This is fun!"
"BWOAGAH"

Keizer's bike suddenly slammed into Reogane's back, slamming it forward and into Keizer it's self, but that was not something Alexander much care about. What he DID care about? The girl in a beanie hat, with the smallest amount of green hair poking out from under it, and purple hoody that just popped up behind him in Reogane's cockpit, giggling as Alexander was thrown around by the hit. "Hey, you okay?" She asked, as the orange haired man laid on the "floor" of the cockpit. "I don't think you're meant to eat the ground like that." She asked, as he suddenly jumped up and glared at her.

"OKAY WHO THE HELL ARE YOU AND HOW DID YOU GET IN HERE?"

"I'm a cute girl who's cheering you on, does the second part matter?" She asked, grinning

"It totally does. Yo, dude, care to give me a second? Some cute girl just popped up in my cockpit and distracted me." He asked Rance, sighing, realizing that sounded like bullshit. He stood back up, boosting backwards and opening up some distance. "Hey, say something to him so he knows I'm not lying." Alexander told her, annoyed. Seriously how did she get in there. What she there the entire fight? Surely Alexander "got distracted by thinking swords that were able to cut his machine to shreds were cool" East wouldn't be one to not notice an entire girl in his machine. "Also how did you get in here?"

"Your two wheeled vehicle and your sword with laser teeth are super cool!" She told Rance, not seeming to mind at all Alexander was glaring at her. "They are! Cooler than you just punching him, that's boring, I've seen that before."

Alexander was about to answer, when he had a thought. "Wait a minute...Reogane's cockpit being opened up! That was you, wasn't it?" He asked, pointing at her in accusation, sweat beginning to cover his face. If she had did that, what else had she done in here? "Okay, listen, I don't like to kick the ass of girls but if you messed with Reogane I'm going to kick your ass!" He threatened, feeling quite embarrassed that the fight had came to a halt due to this stupid bullshit. But in his defense, this was something quite serious! A civilian being in the fight was ten thousand percent not okay, and if she got hurt because Alexander continued to fight despite knowing she was there, he would NEVER let himself be okay with or trust himself fighting near civilians again. And though they had just met, fighters connected through battle, so he had a feeling Rance didn't mind the break in fighting for much the same reason. "Okay, you know what, whatever. We'll just call a break to get you ou-"

He was suddenly cut off by the girl grabbing a hold of his arm and pulling it forward...which resulted in Reogane throwing a punch and slamming Keizer in the face, which made it look like he had just taken a cheap shot. He blinked, yanking his arm away from her. He then turned around, getting into a fighting position again. "You know what? Nevermind. If this dumbass wants to get in the middle of a fight, then let her."
-----

Rivas wasn't a very social person. In fact he was the opposite of that, and most of the time he would have simply waved a person's handshake offer off, because he was kind of a dick. In fact, he raised his arm to do just that, not realizing that said motion was also part of the process of shaking hands. So he was kind of surprised to find himself accepting the handshake. "Wait what no what are you doing Rivas stop. Stop it. STOP IT-oh cool I stopped it. Wait that's just what you do with handshakes." Once the handshake was done, Rivas paused to think. It was odd, how he did a thing he did not want to do when faced with a woman he found attractive, almost as if emotions were being strong than logic. ****ing up, in fact, but that wasn't the only thing he was concerned with. Aliens were also concerning, so he needed to focus on them. He went back to his laptop, closing down the text program and opening up another one. A bunch of menus and graphs opened up, and he typed something in. Some red dots appeared on the screen, one for each robot that was currently around them, besides two in particular, and a look of confusion crossed Rivas' face. He decided worrying about that could came later, however, and returned to what he was doing. Now, if the aliens spoke of were indeed related to "The Fall", as it was called, this would have been useful. If not, then it would be a waste of time. He typed something else in, simply telling the laptop to pick up machines with similar energy readings, but outputted differently than any know generator. Customs jobs would pop as, as proven when a blue dot representing Keizer appeared, custom colored for it, but if was a LARGE amount showed up, it was probably either an engineer's convention, or aliens using similar technology.

He held his finger up, gesturing for for Emily to wait a moment. After a few seconds, he closed the programmed and turned around, facing her again. He had to admit, he wasn't expecting that. He made a gesture with his hands, trying to think of a good way of breaking the news. He picked up the laptop, and having thought of a decent way, typed it in. "So, how many men do you have with you and can you get more."

Before she could answer, there was suddenly an large explosion, coming from the direction of the city the arena's audience was in. With this, Rivas quickly revised on his on screen message.

"hahah nvm we're dead."

He then opened the monitor program, and showed that the screen was covered in green dots. He pointed towards them, then towards another machine in the hangar, then towards the sky, hoping that made the message clear.

---

Alexander also heard the explosion, but at this point he didn't give a ****. No more distractions! He was going to finish this fight with Rance, and if anything else got in the way, he would just fight them at the same damn time. "I have no idea how I didn't notice you before, but screw it. Stay out of my way so I don't accidentally hit you and don't surprise me anymore, and we should be fine."

"Ugh, fine. Humans are such killjoys. Not like I couldn't handle being thrown around a little, happens all the time!"

"Okay great she's a weirdo who think she's an alien something. Great. Wonderful." He sighed, shaking his head. "****, ****, sorry dude. But hey, catching our breaths is nothing bad, right? So come on, we still got a fight to finish!"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:36 am 

eyy, senpai!

While Keizer battled Reogane, Rance battled his still-active comms system for the moments in their deadlock. His hands were firmly on the mech's controls, trying to push the chainswords down further into Reogane's energy-infused limbs, but Rance himself was shouting at the hologram dancing around his HUD in very angry-sounding Japanese. What could be translated as "OH MY GOD **** OFF" finally got the image to disappear, and he made a mental note to shut that feature off next time he was going into a battle. But there was little time to consider that, as the impact of his bike caused Reogane to crash forward into him, and that pulled him back into it.

When the comms system kicked in after some moments of Reogane doing nothing, Rance was a little confused. Bullshit as it may have sounded, there was proof enough when the second voice came through the comms to give him a compliment. For a moment, he thought it might have been a custom messaging system like he had. "Yo, you've got the vocaloid messager program too? Which one's that, it doesn't sound familiar. Is it like, a custom or-...Oh **** she's real isn't she." Indeed, Alexander's own cute girl voice couldn't have been a messenger, given it had very specifically complimented his machine. "Yo, thanks! But yeah, no problem, man. Get that sorted out." Keizer's chainswords stopped revving, and Rance pulled the mecha back, raising one sword to rest over the machine's shoulder while the other was held at the side. He listened to the argument, frowning at Alexander's moment of realization.

"****, man, a civvie in the arena is real bad. Get her outta here so we can finish this up!" Rance made a motion with Keizer's arm towards an arena exit, emphasizing his the importance of removing whoever the rogue chick in Reogane's cockpit was.
Arena fights with mechs was incredibly dangerous stuff, and if someone who wasn't a pilot died in there, there was no way in hell they'd get off easy for that. Even if it was her fault for sneaking aboard the machine, pilots were held under high scrutiny in regards to safety standards.

While he was willing to wait it out, Reogane's sudden sucker punch hit Keizer straight in the face, the force of which knocked the machine back a fair distance and caused it to fall over. Rance let out an incredibly annoyed growl through the comms, and as the opposing machine once more got into its battle stance, Rance pulled his own to its feet. "Okay, soon as this is over with, I'm gonna kick her ass. Nobody pulls a ****ing move like that on Keizer and gets away with it!" His swords revved back to life, and his motorcycle remotely made its way back towards Keizer, who deftly mounted it as it got close enough.

As the explosion rocked the arena, Rance looked in the direction of it, frowning hard. If that boom was as big as it felt, then he worried for those who were in the city. "Yeah, you're damn right, we've got a fight to finish," He looked back toward Reogane, revving up his swords in anticipation. "But there's a hell of a lot going on out there to take care of too. So, what do ya say, how about we take this outside?"

In the meantime, he decided to clear up the message he'd received, allowing it to finally play so he could see what exactly was important enough to bother him mid-battle with. As the text was displayed, he raised his eyebrows at it. "Aliens?" He thought aloud, looking once more towards the place the explosion had come from. "The ****?"

-----

After the handshake ended and she returned her hand to her pocket, Emily watched as Rivas worked on the laptop, intrigued at what he was doing. It was an interesting system he had going, vaguely similar to her military mech's onboard radar system, albeit with a different sort of color coding. What exactly all of the dots meant was unclear to her, as Rivas was not exactly a talkative sort with his explanations, but his question to her was immediately worrying. Before answering him, she raised her hand to her ear as if preparing to speak through an earpiece, but the explosion interrupted her.

"****," She cursed, looking back to Rivas's screen. "Get to your machine and try to call your friend out of there." The situation had escalated exponentially in a very short amount of time. Swiftly parting ways with Rivas, she once again reached for her earpiece as she ran off, activating the communications with the person she'd been partnered with on this little excursion. "Looks like our foreign forces got here quicker than Hawk anticipated. Get ready." Emily switched channels, sending out another message as she made her way out. "Legran, I need you over here asap!"

Outside of the arena's limits, a mass that had been covered in a tarp-like covering suddenly began to move. The tethers connecting the tarp to the sandy ground all withdrew at once, and the covering itself was pulled into the top of the machine it was covering, being pulled and folded away within the robot's back into a hold beneath a turret-like construction.

The machine, Legran, then rose from the sands onto all four of its quadrupedal feet. Legran was highly atypical for a military mech, and indeed a mech in general. Its body resembled that of a four-legged mammal, and in particular was evocative of a big cat such as a lion or tiger. It was quite large considering its shape, probably chest-high to an average machine, but nearly twice as long. The paint job of the outer armor shelling was military typical, its current camoflage outfitting being that of desert camo patterning on somewhat blocky armor around the torso and upper legs above grey internals. The head itself was also evocative of a lion, albeit a highly mechanical one. It had a 'mane' of armor plates, a moving jaw lined with large, slightly blocky teeth, and a visor-like construction on the upper half of the head where optics were visible beneath the covering. On Legran's back, a large multi-cannon was mounted, armed heavily with a multitude of guns that varied in range.

Now active, the machine began to run forward, its large claws leaving tracks in the ground. It covered ground with extreme haste, moving at surprisingly high speeds for a machine that was so massive. It only slowed once it drew closer to the hangar area, coming to a stop near the exit that Emily was approaching. Once she left the building, Legran 'bowed' to lower its head to the ground, a human-sized hatch atop it opening up as the woman deftly climbed up the machine's head. Without skipping a beat, Emily turned and swooped down into the hatch, landing in a seat with some controls on its armrests. She buckled herself in and took hold of the controls, sliding the seat backwards into its proper position in the cockpit that was mounted just behind the neck. More controls shifted into view, and the wall that she'd slid backwards into closed itself and activated a screen that showed her a full view of the machine's range of vision. As a final touch, a piloting helmet resembling that of a fighter jet pilot's was lowered onto her head, both for protection and extra HUD information displays.