All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:38 pm 

College is blah

Medals: 2
Completed RP (2)
Blog: View Blog (0)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/23 ... eb5ea5.jpg

Lilly Malfoy sighed as she readied her cart filled with her things and ran through the brick column that lead to Platform 9 3/4. Once on the other side she looked around and gave a small smile as she saw the Hogwarts Express. She loaded her things onto the train and found an empty train seat. She gave a sigh as she tilted her head back against the back of the seat.

"6th year... At least it's not as bad as 5th. Those O.W.L.S were awful." She rubbed her fingers on each side of her head and rubbed her temples.

Lilly had always been a bookworm, always got good grades but she liked to fool around with her friends as well from time to time. She was a Slytherin after all. Lilly could've been in any of the houses but she was put into Slytherin since she was a pureblooded witch. She had all of the personality traits in each house, but she was more Slytherin than anything. Much like her father, Draco Malfoy.

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=48075
My Character's
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45307

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:45 pm 

http://s3.favim.com/orig/141018/anime-anime-boy-anime-guy-lt3-Favim.com-2160253.jpg

Declan finished situating his trunk. It felt weird not having his owl, Niahm, with him. But after 6 years the masked owl decided had enough of trains. She'd given him quite the fight trying to get her into her cage and Declan eventually gave up and told her to meet him at Hogwarts. He gave a hurried goodbye to both of his moms before heading for the brick wall directly between platforms 9 and 10.

Passing through the barrier to platform 9 3/4 had lost much of its exhilaration over the years but it still never failed to send a slight shiver down Declan's spine. It was hard to believe that there was only one year left after this... However there was no time for him to be nostalgic as Declan was running LATE. The platform has mostly cleared out save for parents seeing their kids off and a few who were saying their last tearful goodbyes to their First-Years. Declan wove his way through the thinning crowd, careful not to run anyone over.

He boarded the scarlet Hogwarts Express just as the conductor was making last boarding calls. Declan hadn't though it possible for his trunk to be heavier than it had been the previous year due to O.W.L. prep, but somehow he'd managed it. He knew he was in for a pretty full course load, but that always seemed the norm for older students in Ravenclaw. While he knew that a lot students in some of the other houses liked to take it easier for their last two years Ravenclaws always strived to maintain academic excellence. He dragged his trunk along behind him, looking for his friends. When he finally did find them their compartment was full, much to his disappointment. "We'll catch you at school Dec. Hope you didn't get rusty over the summer, Ravenclaw is taking the quidditch cup this year and we need our seeker to be sharp." He closed the compartment door. He sighed in mild irritation, they could have at least saved him a seat... He resumed his search, trying to find a compartment that wasn't too packed, or at least had students close to his age.

Declan finally came upon a compartment that looked empty. He slid the door open and peered inside. There was only one person, a blonde girl he slightly recognized. Declan wasn't fantastic with names or faces but after a brief moment of thinking he remembered her. She was a Slytherin and a fellow 6th year. What was her name again? "Hey, it's Malfoy right? Do you mind if I sit in here?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:17 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Asriel was looking out the window of the train and not paying attention, until she heard someone talk to her. She turned and looked at a boy who was standing in the doorway. She blinked softly before tilting her head to the side.

"Yes. I am Asriel Malfoy. You're Declan aren't you?" Lilly had remembered seeing Declan around school for the five years they have been at Hogwarts, but she didn't really talk to other students in different houses. She mostly stayed with the Slytherin kids. She may be a quiet and reserved girl, but she was mischievous, and didn't really like to show off. She could be a bit of a ****ing at times because of her father, but most people understand.

Asriel nodded at Declan's other question and nodded, motioning to the seat across from her.
"Go ahead." She gave a soft smile but then turned her attention back to the window. The train had started to move as it started to slowly pull out of the station and towards Hogwarts. She gave a soft sigh as they made their way finally. A small black cat popped out of her bag and gave a soft meow. Asriel smiled and picked up her cat, Kiri and put her on her lap.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:51 am 

The girl confirmed that Declan had identified her correctly. Then it was his turn to confirm as she identified him. "Yeah, that's me, and thanks. Everywhere else is full so I hope I'm not bothering you." He dragged his trunk into the compartment and reached for his wand to levitate it into the overhead compartment but decided against it. Sometimes it was satisfying to do things without magic. He grabbed his trunk and lifted it over his head, muscles straining under the load as he stored it above his seat. He then gratefully sank into the seat across from Asriel and sighed in satisfaction just as the train began to pull out of the station.

Asriel didn't seem interested in conversing further, which suited Declan alright. He had a few close friends in Ravenclaw and was friendly with members of other houses but he knew that people who didn't really know him thought he was weird. It couldn't be denied that he was talented though, he'd even received top marks in several of his O.W.L.s. Not that he was really sure what he wanted to do after Hogwarts, he just didn't want to limit his options.

Declan spotted the cat as Asriel put it in her lap. He smiled, missing his own pet a bit. She was probably halfway to hogwarts by now and would likely be waiting for him in the Owlery when he arrived wondering what had taken him so long. Declan hesitated a moment before asking "What's its name?"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:36 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Asriel watched as Declan lifted his trunk up into the overhead. If she wasn't a normal human being she probably wouldn't have stated. But she was a woman, and a man with a sensational amount of muscle was standing right in front of her. When he turned back around to sit she shook her head and stared out the window once more.

Asriel looked up at Declan as he asked what her pets name was, she gave a soft smile. "Her name is Kiri." At the mention of her name, Kiri gave a small meow once more and purred as Asriel continued to pet her. Kiri stood and rubbed her face against Asriel's, making the blonde girl smile a bit.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:12 pm 

"Kiri huh? I like it, she's adorable. " He chuckled as the cat affectionately rubbed up against her owner. Asriel had a nice smile, Declan noted. He leaned back against his seat. He felt suddenly tired, his unusually frantic morning finally catching up with him. His gaze drifted to the windows as they began the familiar journey to Hogwarts. The weather was nice for the time of year and it was nice to pass the beginning of the trip in comfortable silence, save for the contented purring of Kiri.

Declan had retrieved a well-worn paperback novel from his trunk and was comfortably reading when a knock came at the compartment door. "Anything off the trolley dears?" Came a familiar voice. Declan glanced at his stomach as it growled a response. "Yeah, definitely. You want anything?" He asked politely, glancing at Asriel as he fished around in his pockets for a couple galleons.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:16 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Asriel hadn't had noticed that she was hungry until the trolley came around. She took out her own coin purse and looked at Declan.
"I appreciate the gesture. But I would prefer to pay for my own." She blushed softly as she handed the lady a few galleons and ordered a licorice wand. She smiled and thanked the woman then sat back down.

Kiri sniffed at the licorice wand and tried to nip at it but Asriel pulled it away before she could get a bite on it. Asriel glared softly at her cat. "Mind your manners." She scolded. When she scolded Kiri it wasn't in a mean way, her voice was soft but had a hint of a warning to the tone. She bit in the the licorice and chewed quietly as she returned to looking at the same old scenery from out the window.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:19 pm 

"Yeah no problem." Declan waited for Asriel to finish her purchase before purchasing a veritable smorgasbord of junk food of the trolley. He was particularly fond of pumpkin pasties. While he knew that he wouldn't be able to eat everything that he purchased, whatever remained could easily go towards a snack stash for late-night study sessions at school or something to eat for quick energy after quidditch practice. As an afterthought he passed a few more coins to the trolley attendant and she passed him a container of Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans.

The trolley woman exited, closing the door to the compartment behind her. He looked at the box of beans then up at Asriel. She was looking out the window. He glanced back at the beans as an idea formed in his head. "Hey, you wanna split these?" A devilish grin split his face.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:31 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Asriel turned her head to see the beans and her eyes widened. She knew what he was doing so she played along with his game. "Sure." She smiled as well, a bit of mischief behind her grin. It was hard to fool a Slytherin. Especially one like Asriel.

She waited for him to open the box and took half for herself and left the other half to him. Asriel looked at the hand full of jelly beans and grinned then looked at Declan.
"You go first." She grinned evilly as she spotted a gross one in his pile. She silently laughed to herself. Kiri jumped off of Asriel's lap and laid next to her owner, she didn't want to be involved whatsoever.

My Character's

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:30 pm 

The pair divvied up the beans. He eyed his pile, scouting for any potentially nasty ones. Knowing his luck there were probably a few in there. He looked up in time to catch Asriel's devilish grin as she eyes his pile. He glanced back down, thinking back to the last time he'd dared to eat Every Flavor Beans. The last time he could recall was in the dorms with some fellow students in his 4th year. They all sat around taking turns trying to guess what flavor they were getting before they tried it. He wasn't sure how well he'd fare now though, as it'd been a while. Still, Asriel was a Slytherin and he didn't think she'd be able to resist a little friendly competition.

Declan grinned when she suggested he go first, "Alright, but first... How about we make a game of it? We try to guess the flavor before we eat it and if we're right we get a point. Person with the most points when we run out of beans is the winner." He cocked an eyebrow in challenge, a little competition would certainly make the long ride to Hogwarts more interesting. He poked at the pile of beans looking for one he was most sure of. A dull gray one caught his eye, it looked familiar. In fact he was almost positive he could identify it. He glanced at the beans around it but wasn't too sure on their identities. Nope that would have to be the one, after all he didn't want to screw up on his first turn... Well at least it would be amusing either way... "I'm gonna say... Anchovy." He guessed holding up the candy. He took a deep breath, mostly for dramatic effect, and popped the bean into his mouth. A fishy taste immediately overpowered his tastebuds and he balked silently and he drew his wand from his jeans and made a slashing motion with it. Cobalt smoke issues from the end of of it, coalescing into a tally mark that floated close to him. He swallowed the candy as his attempts not to choke turned to laughter.

"Yep... Anchovy... Definitely not my thing... Alright your turn Malfoy, unless you wanna back out." He teased her, still not entirely sure if this was a bad idea. Still it held the promise of being way too much fun for his own good.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:08 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Asriel smiled and nodded when he issued the challenge. "You're on." She said as she watched him look at his candy. When she saw that he picked up the grey colored one she gave a small giggle because she knew it was anchovy. She wasn't a fan of the fish either but it was funny to see his reaction. She laughed as she saw his face twist into disgust and gave a smaller laugh when he swallowed it.

When Declan teased her about backing out she rolled her eyes and waved his comment off as if it were a fly buzzing around her. Asriel looked through her beans and saw a sweet one. It was red so she picked it up and squinted at it. "I'm gonna say... Strawberry." She did the same as he did, a dramatic breathe and popped the candy in her mouth. As soon as she chewed her mouth was filled with the sweet flavor of strawberry. She nodded. "Yup, strawberry." She took out her own wand and did the same as he did, but green smoke came out as she made a tally mark that floated next to her.

"Not too late to back out." She teased him in a deep voice pretending to mock him.

My Character's

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:06 am 

Declan smirked as Asriel made her first turn look effortless. Not only that, she picked a tasty one. She was good, he definitely might be in trouble here. Or maybe he was just hustling her? Not that there were actually any stakes to this game. She'd have to watch out though, if she ate all the good ones first she'd be left with no relief when the gross flavors came along. He chuckled bemusedly as her impression of him.

"That was an easy one though and no way am I backing down. We've only just begun." He scanned his pile of beans for a moment before his eyes fell upon a rich amber colored one. He lifted it up and made a show of inspecting it. It was slightly translucent in the light, giving Declan a pretty strong idea of what it was. "Oh yeah, definitely rum." He popped it into his mouth and chewed thoughtfully as the powerful, heady flavors washed out the anchovy aftertaste. "Two for two, and no complaints here." He flicked his wand as another wisp of cobalt smoke joined the first tally.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:17 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Asriel was smart. She knew that if she ate all of the good ones first she would be left with the gross ones. She watched as he put the rum tasting one in his mouth, she laughed and smiled as he also made a show of inspecting it. So Asriel thought she was going to be risky. She closed her eyes and picked a candy from her hand and when she opened them she face twisted in disgust as she saw what was in between her fingers. A yellow jelly bean with red flecks in it. She took a breathe and guessed.

"In guessing vomit." She said very unamused. She took a serious breathe and composed herself before popping it in her mouth. As soon as she bit down, her tastebuds screamed at her. The taste of vomit filled her mouth. She nodded and flicked her wand making another tally mark. When she was done chewing she gave a shiver and a soft gag. "Ugh. I hate that one." She muttered more to herself than anything. She smiled at Declan and nodded to his pile. "Go on..." She once again had a devilish grin on her face.

My Character's

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:17 pm 

Declan returned her smile. She had a nice laugh, he thought. It suited her and was very cute. His grin turned to a grimace as she blindly chose her next piece. He knew what it was before she spoke, his eyes widening in fascinated horror as he realized she intended to go for it anyway.

He held his breath as Asriel put the candy into her mouth. He winced in sympathy as her face screwed up against the taste. He shook his head, impressed.

He glanced at the remaining beans. "Well... fair is fair." He closed his eyes and selected his next challenge... He opened his eyes, wondering what fate had in store for him. Yep... Fair is fair alright. He stared dejectedly at the muddy brown bean in front of him. Why was this a good idea again. He looked up at the blonde girl sitting in front of him. "I must have been horribly cruel to puppies in a past life... I'm gonna say this one's dung." He kind of hoped he was wrong, but he knew he wasn't. He shrugged and tossed the bean into the air, catching it in his mouth. The vile, sickly flavor exploded in his mouth to the point he could practically smell it. He fought back the urge to gag and swallowed the offensive candy. "It's... a bit nutty." He managed, feeling a bit nauseous. Then laughed as he added a third tally to his little smoke cloud.

The game went on like that for a while, many of the beans were pleasant on both side, some were weird, some just plain disgusting. But neither backed down as the challenge increased in difficulty and flavors grew more difficult to differentiate and identify. Both students seemed to be enjoying themselves as the time ticked away though and the wispy smoke tallies began to take up more and more space in the compartment.

"Alright, alright. Your move." Declan said with a grin, the candies were dwindling fast and the point totals were still looking about even. He had just correctly identified a lemon bean, however instead of what might have been a pleasant citrusy taste it had felt like biting into a literal lemon.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:18 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Asriel watched in horror as he tossed the dung tasting candy in his mouth. She gave a soft shiver as he chewed, almost puking when he said that it tasted nutty. She gave a soft laugh as he did when he put another tally mark to his score.

Asriel sat with her legs crossed now on the seat. She stared at her amount of beans and squinted. She knew that she didn't have a lot of gross ones left because she decided to eat those all first to get the sweet relief of fruit or candy. She picked up a blue one from her hand and looked at it. "I'm going to guess cotton candy." She said as she spotted the tiniest swirl of pink on the beans coloring. Asriel popped the candy in her mouth and was relieved when her mouth was filled with the sweet taste of cotton candy.

Asriel smiled as she added another tally to her score. She nodded towards Declan's pile with a devilish grin. "You're go Ravenclaw."

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:15 am 

Declan smirked, he was really getting into the competition and having fun. The banter seemed to flow freely between the two. This was no time to get cocky however. The hardest rounds were still to come. "Alright, Malfoy. If that's how it's gonna be." Declan had already made a few gambles, wanting to save a few sure things in case he needed some extra points towards the end of the game. This turn would be one such gamble. Inspecting his pile of beans, he selected one he was pretty sure he could identify. The bean was a dark shade of red and had a certain shine to it that seemed familiar to Declan. "I'm gonna say... cherry."

As soon as he bit into the candy, he knew he was wrong. He frowned as a tangy, biting flavor filled his mouth. "Nope... Chili Peppe... okay that's hot... Your turn." He said, the heat from the spicy candy rapidly drying his mouth and threatening to make his eyes water and nose run. He'd be more upset over the mistake later. As it were, his mouth felt like it was about to burst into flame. Bertie Bott's were no joke he thought, not for the first time that day.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:33 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Asriel watched as Declan guessed that the bean was cherry. She already knew that he had made a mistake, causing him his point and possibly a win or a tie. She smiled as he said that the candy was chili pepper and also gave a laugh and shook her head. "Way to go Ravenclaw." She said as she continued to laugh. She noticed his eyes started to water and a few sniffles. She knew the pain however. The beans were no joke when it came to the gross or bad ones, especially the vomit flavored ones. She gave a soft shiver as she thought back to the first round when she ate it.

Asriel looked in her hands and saw her pile was dwindled down to 2 candies. She spotted a red one that looked exactly like the chili pepper but she knew it was cherry. She decided to make a show of it however just to get a rise out of him. She picked up the red candy and smiled. "This one should be easy.. I'm going to guess cherry." She smiled devilishly and popped the candy in her mouth. When she bit down, the sweet taste of cherry could be detected. She lifted her wand and made another tally. "Oh look at that. I guess I was right." She said with an innocent but evil tone to her voice. She side smiled and nodded to his pile. "Let's end this shall we, Ravenclaw?"

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:47 am 

Declan rolled his eyes. Of course she'd get the bean he just tried for. It was a safe bet considering he already ate its closest lookalike. He couldn't help thinking that her smug little grin was actually kind of cute... He paused mentally. Where had that thought come form?

He glanced at the rows of colored smoke tallies. He wasn't exactly sure who was in the lead. That didn't mean he could afford to get another one wrong, especially so close to the end.

"Final round?" He asked with a wink. He took his final piece and examined it carefully. He was pretty sure he knew what it was too. If he screwed up he'd feel like a total fool but no risk, no reward. "I'm gonna say blueberry cobbler." Then, trying to look more confident than he felt, Declan bit into the candy. He chewed thoughtfully for a moment before swallowing. His face split into a grin. "Ding ding ding. Your turn, make it count." He said as he added his final smoke tally to the collection.

Sent from my Z755 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:32 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Asriel watched as Declan ate the bean and guessed the right flavor. She mentally kicked herself and gave a soft sigh. She looked at the candies in her hand and found one that would be the easiest. Like Declan, she had already guessed its counterpart. She picked up the orange looking bean and inspected it in a dramatic fashion. "I'm gunna guess peach..." She said before popping the candy in her mouth. She raised her hands in victory. "It's a winner!" She said as she laughed and made another tally mark.

Asriel nodded her head and crossed her arms over her chest, leaning back. "Looks like I win." She had the smug expression on her face once again, and waved her hand clearing the cloud of smoke.

My Character's

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:19 am 

Declan leaned back and groaned as Asriel guessed her final bean correctly. He ran his hands through his hair before waving away his own smoke tallies. "Yeah, yeah. Don't expect it to turn out the same way next time Slytherin." He smirked at her, not so subtly implying he'd enjoyed the game regardless of the result. Next time he'd wipe that smug grin off her face, although he couldn't help thinking that it looked kind of cute on her. He wasn't so proud that he couldn't handle losing with grace.

He reached for his pile of goodies and grabbed a chocolate frog, unwrapping it and biting into the sweet chocolate. It was nice to know exactly what he was going to get after playing flavor roulette for so long. He looked down at the collectible card poking out of the packaging. "Do you collect these?" He asked, indicating the famous Witches and Wizards cards. He knew a lot of people who did but Declan had never gotten into it himself, despite how much he enjoyed the chocolate. He frowned a little, once Quidditch training season started the captain was definitely going to make him cut out sweets. Seekers had to be light and quick after all. He'd still sneak some for his late study sessions though, had to keep that brain fueled if he was going to keep up with his course load this year.