All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:35 am 

College is blah

Medals: 2
Completed RP (2)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Asriel gave a soft and short laugh and then her face grew serious. "Oh you're so on Ravenclaw." She gave a soft snicker after a moment of pretending to be serious and gave a soft laugh, she would even give a small snort and then quickly regret it. She hated her laugh, always had because of that stupid snort that would just crawl out. She watched as Declan took out the chocolate frog and began to wonder what card he had gotten.

Asriel's eyes seemed to grow wide and glisten with excitement. She loved to collect the cards from the chocolate frog packages. She had a binder filled with the things in her trunk, she brought them everywhere with her. Maybe it was because she considered them lucky. "I love them! I have so many, including Dumbledore and Minerva and I even have Cedric." Her heart saddened when she thought of Cedric and the story her father told her. He was an amazing wizard taken too soon by Lord Voldemort.

Asriel smiled softly, wondering if she should have let her inner geek show to him. Especially since he was a Ravenclaw, the whole nerd thing was kind of their shtick. But regardless, Asriel was a huge nerd for collecting things, it made her relax when she finds that she becomes too uptight at times.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=48075
My Character's
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45307

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:41 pm 

Declan smiled, he liked how enthusiastic Asriel got about things. He was the same way when it came to his passions. He pulled the card from the foil and looked at the name. Paracelsus, he was familiar with the name. If he was right then Paracelsus was the man who discover Parseltounge. He always thought it'd be cool to be a Parselmouth, except maybe with birds. He felt he had more in common with them anyway. They probably had more interesting things to say too. Declan always felt so free when he was flying and most birds were flying almost all the time. The things they must see...

He brought himself from him momentary daydreaming and showed the card to Asriel with a shrug. "Do you have this one?" He asked, not knowing that it was actually a rather rare card. He figured she probably already did but either way the card was hers. "I mean you can have it either way, I've only got one card to my name and I use it as a bookmark so I'd rather it goes to someone who can actually tell its value."

Declan thought that he wouldn't mind at all if Asriel wanted to show him her collection somethime. She seemed very proud of it. He liked to encourage other people's hobbies, especially when they involved trivia. That was probably because of the trivia games that the prefects sometimes held in the common room on weekends. He'd made some good friends during those games his first few years at Hogwarts and always looked on the tradition fondly.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:15 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Asriel smiled as she took the card that Declan held out to her. When she did, their fingers touched softly for a brief second. Her eyes grew wide as they did and her face grew red. "I... Uh..." Asriel took the card and put it in her bag next to her. "I... Thank you..." She felt like she could tell Declan anything. But could she really trust him that quickly? Her father had taught her to analyze and then see what happens. To not trust too quickly, and to watch her back.

The truth was, that Asriel is a Parselmouth. She could understand and speak to snakes at will. She was ashamed of it sometimes, seeing how people didn't really care too much for Parselmouths. She was told by her father to never tell her secret to anyone.

Asriel decided to keep her mouth shut for now... Hopefully...

My Character's

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:16 am 

Declan's face flushed slightly as their finger's touched. His eyes met hers and he saw that she was blushing too. Or was he just imagining that? She thanked him for the card. "No problem. Hopefully... It's a good one?" He stammered.

Declan could tell that she was holding something back. He just wasn't too sure what it was. He didn't want to pry too much, after all he had just met this girl.

He bit his lip and decided to risk it. She didn't have to answer after all. "Everything okay?"

Sent from my HTC Desire 520 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:41 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Asriel was still thinking about whether if she should tell him or not. Her thoughts were interrupted when he asked if she was okay. She decided to save the truth for another time as the whistle blew, signalling that they had made it to Hogwarts. Asriel was shocked at how time had flown by and she looked at Declan. "Am I to assume you would like a rematch at some point?" She asked as she stood and smiled. Kiri had jumped into the bag and awaited for her master to carry her into the school once more.

Asriel couldn't help but want to see him again. Even if it was for just a rematch, she would be fine. She did however look forward to seeing him during the quidditch matches. She didn't play, but she always enjoyed watching them play. Especially when her older brother was on the team.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:00 am 

Declan was brought back down to Earth by the sound of the train's whistle. He frowned a bit at the sound before answering Asriel's question. "You know it, any time any place Slytherin." Truth be told he just wanted to see her again. He groaned as he stood, his legs suddenly sore from sitting so long in the same position. He stretched briefly as he felt the train start to slow down as it began to pull into Hogwarts. Tomorrow the school year would officially begin. Before that though, came the Sorting and the Great feast that would follow. He hoped there'd be some promising students joining the ranks of Ravenclaw this year It was always fun to see who got sorted into what House, but he was looking forward to the food more this year. He pulled his trunk down from the overhead storage and stuffed the rest of his sweets inside. "Hey, I've gotta go change into my robes. But I'll see you around?" He grinned sheepishly as he made his way out, briefly holding the compartment door open in case she was following. Then he waved and closed the compartment door so he could head to the bathroom.

Declan changed quickly, chuckling at some graffiti as he checked to make sure his cobalt and bronze tie wasn't crooked. However he had to hurry and get off the train. He made his way down to the carriages, following the tide of students. He glimpsed the black, skeletal steeds that drew the carriages before looking down at his feet. He didn't want to see the thestrals today. They merely served as a reminder that Declan didn't need or want... He spotted a few of his friends who waved him over. He looked around, half hoping he'd spot Asriel. One of the guys clapped him on the shoulder and asked him why he looked "even more distracted than usual. "What? Heh, er... It's nothing, just thinking." They laughed joking that he was already planning his first essay of the year. He laughed along with them as he got into the carriage and it started its bumpy journey up past the flying boars and to the front gates.

The Great Hall was already crowded when he got there. Declan headed for the Ravenclaw table and took a seat with a group of sixth years a few them greeted him warmly. He grinned and returned their greetings, briefly chatting about how their summers were. The din of the Great Hall quieted as the first years were ushered in looking half-awestruck, half-terrified. He scanned the wide-eyed faces and couldn't help wondering if he had looked the same way to the older students on his first night at Hogwarts. He figured that he probably had. Thinking about it now was pretty embarrassing but looking out on all the assembled students not yet sorted into houses he felt a bit better. Out there were future Slytherins, Gryffindors, Ravenclaws, and Hufflepuffs. But they all started out pretty much the same. All the future great Witches and Wizards did. Right now they were scared youngsters not entirely prepared for what the next seven years had in store for them.

After the usual adress to the new students the Sorting Hat was brought out and the ceremony began.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:01 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Asriel would have followed Declan out and off of the train. She grabbed her things and headed towards the carriage with the Thestrals. She ran her hand softly across the skeletal beast, before hopping onto the carriage, sitting next to her friend Sam. Sam was a tall and lean girl with long black hair and a sharp wit. She instantly noticed that her friend was somewhat off today. Sam nudged Asriel and Asriel looked at her confused.
"What...?" She said as she stared at her friend. Sam smiled and shook her head, rolling her eyes.
"Well hello to you too. What's got you all distracted?" She asked curiously and Asriel waved her away. She sat the whole ride in silence. For some reason she couldn't get Declan off of her mind, she wondered if she had any classes with him this year as they rode on.

During the address for the new students, Asriel was too preoccupied to pay attention. She had been trying to find Declan ever since she got off the train, but was too busy with house priorities to look for him before the feast. One by one, each first years name was called and they were put into one of the four houses. They would walk to the table that their new house mates were in and sit, being greeted by the higher year students. Asriel smiled as she finally had spotted Declan from across the room. She had hoped that he had seen her too. Sam leaned closer to Asriel and looked to see where she was staring, when she saw she was staring at a boy in Ravenclaw, she drew in a long and dramatic breathe.
"Asriel Malfoy! You like a boy in Ravenclaw?" Sam said a bit too loudly. Asriel punched her friend in the shoulder and glared at her and anyone else who stared.
"Why don't you shout it out so everyone can hear you!" She said in a whisper.

My Character's

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:00 am 

One by one students names were called to approach the hat. Declan cheered it clapped politely along with the rest of his peers but felt distracted. His gaze kept wandering over to the slytherin table as he realized he'd been trying to catch a glimpse of Asriel. He wasn't sure what to make of her but she was definitely interesting. It was to early for him to tell if she was attracted to him but she had expressed interest in hanging out again. He couldn't help wondering if she had only said that to be polite. Declan shook his head, not wanting to believe that. In fact he thought he might have caught her looking back at him one of the times he caught a glimpse of her. He couldn't be sure though.

The Ravenclaw table erupted into cheers as yet another student was sorted into their house. One of Declan's friends, James, clapped him on the shoulder. "Hey man, you sure you're alright? You've seemed out of it since the carriages." Declan shrugged then nodded. "I'm all good man. Just hungry."

Another friend if his, Claire Adams, turned to the boys at this. "I know what he's really hungry for. I've seen him glancing at the Slytherin table every chance he gets." She said with a smirk. Claire was one of Declan's teammates and one of the best chasers at Hogwarts. Declan had been friends with her and James since first year.

"You're funny. But I'm just hoping they have the roasted potatoes they had last year." Declan replied, hoping he was able to keep a blush from creeping over his face. Claire glanced over synthetic Slytherin table for a moment as something like relief came over her expression. "Good, we need you focused if we're going to win the quidditch cup this year.

The sorting finished rather uneventfully as the main event began. The feast. Piles of food magically appeared on the tables as plates and goblets appeared in front of the students. The aromas made Declan's mouth water as he began loading up his plate. He looked down the tables at the first year students. It always amused him to see the shocked look on their faces as the food and drink on the long tables magically replenished itself. As they ate, Declan and his classmates chattered amongst themselves. Each of them swapping stories of their summer break and sharing expectations of the coming year and the course loads they were undertaking.

Finished eating, Declan leaned back and looked up at the ceiling. Hundreds of candles floated in the air above the students and beyond that was the night sky, magically reflected upon the ceiling. He amused himself as his food settled by picking out the different constellations that he could see. Conversation died down as people finished their meals and began to grow tired. Finally the feast was called to a close and the students were sent to bed with instructions for the first years.

"Catch you back at the common room." Declan told his friends. They had a tradition to uphold the first night of the school year. Declan got up from the table and joined the procession from the great hall. He was almost out when he spotted someone familiar. It was Asriel, he tried to catching to her but her blonde head disappeared in the crowd before he could. It was probably for the best what would he even say to her?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:01 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Asriel punched Sam in the shoulder one more time as she kept mocking her, her face becoming more red by the second. "Would you shut it?!" She hissed at her friend who had been laughing so hard she almost fell on the floor. Sam finally stopped laughing when the food had appeared in front of her.

'Finally...' Asriel thought o herself as she filled her plate and began to eat. She ate more than she usually had, for she didn't eat breakfast that morning and only indulged in sweets on the train to Hogwarts. When she had finished she gave a soft sigh and pushed her plate forward a bit.

Asriel got up when the feast was called to a close and the houses were dismissed to their proper dorms. She gave a soft smile as she stood and walked through the large doors with Sam, talking about how well the year was going to go in their opinions.

Through the halls, Asriel couldn't help but feel like someone was following her. She stopped and turned around to see Declan a few feet away from her. She smirked and approached him, walking against the crowd of students. "Couldn't get enough of me could ya, Ravenclaw?" Asriel gave a soft but enchanting laugh as she folded her arms, and tilted her head to the side, her hair falling perfectly as she did so.

My Character's

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:18 pm 

The crowd parted as Asriel came to stand in front Declan. He raised an eyebrow at the sight of her smirk and rolled his eyes a bit as a smile played at his lips. He couldn't tell what it was about her but something sparked his competitive side.

He returned the girl's smirk, "Asriel Malfoy. There really is nothing subtle about you is there?" He maneuvered so as to allow traffic to pass more easily. "I saw you and thought I'd say hi, if you'd rather I don't I can be on my way... Or, I could ask if you wanna go for a walk. It's a bit crowded here."

His
posture was open, he had nothing to hide. He wouldn't be offended if she turned down his suggestion. He just wanted to get to know her better. Plus taking a walk around the school before heading back to the dormitories would be nice.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:33 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Asriel folded her arms and rolled her eyes when Declan said there was nothing subtle about her. She flipped her hair as if she were going to say 'naturally'. When he moved to let traffic through, she moved as well so she wouldn't get trampled over. She was small for a Malfoy, her older brother Scorpio towered over her when they stood next to each other. He would pick on her for being short, but she was a bit smarter than he was. Not by much, but it was just enough to out smart him all the time.

Asriel smiled when Declan asked her to walk with him. She gave a nod and unfolded her arms. "It would be nice to see the school for a bit before going to bed. After all, we really didn't have a lot of time to do much when we arrived." She fixed her tie that hung around her neck and then looked up at him. "So where too first?"

My Character's

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:45 pm 

Declan's smirk widened to a grin as he caught Asriel rolling her eyes. He definitely appreciated her sharp wit. He realized he still didn't know much about her. He also realized that he wanted to change that.

trying to hide the slight blush that crept into his face. "Cool, well we could go down by the lake but we'd definitely be caught. What about the astronomy tower, it looked like a pretty clear night tonight?" Declan loved looking at the stars, they always filled him with wonder and made him feel like part of something bigger. They reminded him that there was always more just outside his sphere of awareness. That the truth wasn't always what it appeared. It seemed like a good place to start their little adventure.