All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 7:55 am 

[Inactive]

Blog: View Blog (0)

Great boulders slammed onto the green, grassy ground like evil rain and its pelting raindrops. On that very same area was where Blurm once stood, bounding away from the droplets of the rocky menace before them who was accompanied by a quaint other. Possibly a key, but there was not time nor energy to think about it.

Striveled coattails waved behind Blurm's rump like battered flags. Blurm themselves were just as exhausted, and they were pretty agile by default. Panting from their nonexistent mouth, they used just a tad of their psychic key energy to cease the fly of a rock destined to kill in midair while its source snarled in frustration, preparing another offensive. Watch now, they thought as they focused. They scanned the area, occasionally gazing back at Spirit, their lock partner, to see if she was alright. As for them, Blurm was sucked of power and motivation to continue. This fight was getting sickening.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 8:47 pm 

Spirit gasped. She panted and groaned, pulling her arms back up into a fighting stance. Her key under attack and her body reaching it's limit. They weren't even as strong as they come? She thought to herself. She deflected another rock with the back of her fist. "That's going to break the skin soon." She mumbled to herself as she looked back at her opponents. She takes sharp, hard breaths. Her eyes becoming hard to keep open because of the sweat in them. This had to end soon. Her and Blurm were at their limits.

"Blur!" She holds out her hand, signaling them to use their special ability. They would switch positions. Something completely unheard of in lock and key dynamics. They had to switch to try and give Spirit some time to breath and collect herself. "Protect me. I'm going to try something. It's gonna hurt." She explains briefly as she deflects another rock, wincing in pain as her prophecy comes true. Her hand begins to bleed as she holds it in pain, staring at her attackers.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:12 am 

[Inactive]

Seeing their adversaries weakened so badly like this made the earth-powered key chuckle slightly. Right, they were the key; jumping around constantly and having energy so drained made common sense migrate outside the mind. Stepping back, the key prepared his next move; it would be much more than rocks around here. With the assistance of his lock, the key's bulldozer hands raised up, yanking some dirty, rocky portions of the ground without using said body parts, and flinged them in a moderately-sized wormhole courteous of the lock. With a little creativity, this was used as a cannon, firing deathly dirt at the two others with a powerful thrust behind it.

Their four arms spinning around like noodles in a centrifuge, Blurm reflexed themselves to prepare for these incoming attacks while Spirit readied herself for... whatever she planned to do, which was not very clear in Blurm's mind at the moment. Regardless, they did as told, defending their partner from harm as best as they could. They ended up taking a few lucky shots that were meant for Spirit as well; it pained them, but they persisted. It was all they could do after all.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 4:03 pm 

This was it. Blurm's pain wouldn't be in vein as she readied herself. The fire built in her belly and she opened her eyes. "Now Blurm! Engage the lock!" She commanded before pulling her fists back. She slammed it to the ground and in a flash the dirt used as a projectile is engulfed in blue flames, dissipating it. She slams her other fist down and a another pillar of purple fire erupts from the ground, flying directly at the enemy lock. This technique Spirit affectionately, and a bit dork-ily referred to as 'the flames for her spirit'.

The blonde took deep gasping breath, finally able to compose herself as she warded away the attacks with her fire. The fight had started so suddenly they had very little time to formulate a plan and it had escalated so quickly that they weren't thinking entirely clearly. She watched their movements play back in their heads. The way they summoned their powers. They quickly formulated a hypothesis. "Blur, their arms are what the use to command the earth. Take those out. Their legs summon the dirt to arm level. The weaker their legs are, the more difficult it is for them to summon the dirt. I'll take care of the wormholes."

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:43 pm 

[Inactive]

It all went by like a blur, almost undetectable by the slow-minded. Blurm could only just see the adversary lock get knocked back by the wicked blast before they went to focus on their commanded action. The other side experienced a great amount of confusion regarding their enemies' sudden burst of power, and it caused them to attempt to rush a strategy. The pair were more brawn than they were brains; it was somewhat the reason that they were B rank and not A.

"The hell is...?!" The key exclaimed as he watched his lock slam onto the ground like a sack of charcoal. She was still alive, fortunately for her, but the attack left her pretty stunned for a few moments. She attempted to counter the opposing sides' attacks by twisting the wormhole into a straining knot above them, peering over them like a great, magical snake.

Blurm's saucer-like eyes blinked in rapid succession as they listened to Spirit's command. Nodding immediately after, they raised themselves. From a chain in their pocket, they yanked out what looked like the offspring of a dagger and a falcata- small but deadly and smart. They leaped forwards, towards the enemy, feigning at first to trick them into pausing before phasing forwards, their particles almost seeming to shift from how fast they lunged, and slicing one of the key's calves open, the single claw of their weapon ripping through the silky fabric of his clothing.

As the key screamed in agony, Blurm flew down onto the ground right on their feet, ruby red wingtips plotting bending rather elegantly despite their tiredness. They focused on attempting to take out the key, utilizing close combat and their newly obtained lock abilities alike. It was strenuous, but it seemed to be working for now; the key's powers were dampened slightly, but a threat was a threat. As he focused on Blurm, the lock spat on the ground as she decided to focus on Spirit at the moment.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:06 am 

Spirit growled as she channeled her energy further. She felt fire raging in her chest. her stomach and it crackled with vengeance and bloodlust. She slammed her hands on the ground again and again, creating fantastic pillars of purple and blue flames. She cried out in rage, her powers sending into a battle fury.

The battlefield was ablaze with Spirit's flames, embers exploded by the enemy key, then the enemy lock, making sure to follow up immediately after one of Blurm's attacks, as Spirit was far too sharp in battle to let her anger control her. Angry was not the word. Spirit was not the type to become angered. In fact, she had once told Blurm an ancient proverb. 'Anger gives motivation without purpose'. Her rage was sharpened like a point and aimed at their foes. She burns the enemy key fiercely, attempting to burn her face and arms. The key's eyes are the target. If they can't see they can't create wormholes.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:52 am 

[Inactive]

The fire was so grand that Blurm could feel the heat trickling down their back. This caught them off-guard for a little bit, which allowed the now angered key to land a blow on their chest, knocking them back a tad. Gripping the small weapon in their heated hand, they once again leaped forward, freezing their opponent in place before striking him in the bridge of his nose and stabbing his forearm.

Meanwhile, the lock attempted to endure Spirit's attacks. She was heavily weakened, clearly, and she had to worry about her charred injuries which at this point made her tear up in pain. Growling softly, she tried to escape the flames while utilizing her wormhole to transport the flames Spirit's way, not entirely sure if this strategy would be efficient or not.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:08 am 

Spirit continued her relentless assault, slamming her fists into the ground and following up on Blurm's attack by shooting a pillar of fire into the lock's back before turning her attention back to the opposing key. She shot tower after tower of fire at they key, making the heat and burns as unbearable as possible. "GIVE UP NOW!" Spirit growled. "OR I WILL END YOUR PARTNER'S LIFE!" She threatens, staring at the opposing lock. The fires begin to target the key's arms and especially their legs, making movement extremely painful when she singes the entirety of the key's left leg.

The wormholes do little as Spirit can control the fires so well. The moment they enter a wormhole she simply stops the pillar and starts a new one in a slightly different path. Even worse is when she simply has the fire bend around the wormholes. Spirit may not be able to keep up this level of ferocity forever, but it should be more than enough to defeat the likes of these two.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 5:15 pm 

[Inactive]

The battle dragged on for hours. Too many hours to count, actually. It almost seemed like it would never end. Until, at long last...

"ENUGHF."

The charred lock raised her burnt peach hand, calling for a cease to the fight. Surprisingly enough, she was still able to form coherent sentences, although just barely.

"Jour shtrung, kid," she struggled to say. A grunt escaped her lips, and she fell right on her knees and hands. This caught the attention of her partner, who came darting her way, leaving Blurm to watch. The battlefield was torn apart from the aggressive movements of all four fighters, and the fire raged on with little hesitation. It was a mess.

Despite these two being their enemies, Blurm looked absolutely appalled from seeing the lock burnt the way she was, their three red eyes narrowing in their disgust. They then looked their partner's way, knowing that she was to blame. They never called her out directly though.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 4:08 am 

Spirit barely struggles to her feet to look at the rest of the combatants. She seems almost dazed as she slips out of her battle frenzy. Her short blonde hair whipping around rather ungracefully as she examined the charred battlefield. She took a deep breath... a far too deep breath. It was clearly something magical as the fires began to all be sucked into her mouth like a vacuum, leaving the earth around them sizzling and scorched.

Spirit went into her gi. As in she dug into the spot near her breast where the gi opens to dig out her phone. She quickly dialed three numbers. "Odenwa arigatou gozaimasu? Yes, we have an emergency in a field by the edge of... Salvation road?" She nods to the operator. "Hai. Someone has sever burns. This was conducted during an official Lock and Key bout." She nods again. "Arigato. Itsumo osewa ni natte orimasu." She hangs up, quickly realizing she was speaking Japanese and feeling rather silly as the operator likely had no idea what she was saying for portions of that call. "The ambulance should be here shortly." She moves over to the two of them and bows. "Okino doku desu. I'm sorry it had to end this way."

She then returns to Blurm. "That fight was brutal..." She smiles at him. "You fought very well. Every time we fight I'm always proud to have you as my partner." She sighs deeply and looks at her still bleeding hand. "I'm going to need this bandaged as well..."

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:01 am 

[Inactive]

The injured lock would have absolutely adored to continue just so she could pummel Spirit into insignificant smithereens. However, not only was she too weak to continue, but this was a fight of honor. At least, it was supposed to be; the brutal scorching bit was debatable. She and her partner simply bowed in return; it was all they could really do.

When Spirit approach Blurm, immediately, they clasped her shoulders with their stone Hamsa hands and gazed into her eyes, worry clearly reflecting off their scarlet, oval peepers.

"What has gotten into you?!" they exclaimed with that very concern with a rather confusing tone of voice. The compliment was insignificant compared to the well-being of those involved in the battle. "I do not know how many times I have had to tell you to control yourself! My god, Spirit..." Blurm released Spirit's shoulders with a soft sigh. "You should be lucky that you did not end up dying, honestly."

Last edited by Sour-Salivation on Tue May 31, 2016 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 1:12 am 

Spirit looked rather taken aback by Blurm's outburst. She moved away and began to bow to him. "I-I'm so sorry Blurm! I didn't want to make you worry! I was just getting into the fight and I was so frustrated with how grueling the fight had become I wanted it to end so badly." She raises herself and looks at him. "But I won't apologize for my brutality. It was the only means necessary and she should be lucky I didn't hurt her worse by going for more vital parts." She looks back at the scorced pair, completely remorseless. Spirit was stone cold and nobody cold tell her a thing.

She sighs a bit and looks at Blurm again. "I know I have said this before but... your eyes remind me of my bro-... my sensei's." She sighs a bit, getting a suddenly spell of homesickness. She quickly shook it off. "Wait... Blurm, we beat them! We're even stronger now!" She pumps her fist in a somewhat uncharacteristic show of excitement.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:57 am 

[Inactive]

Euphoria was everything but present on the creature before her. If anything, Spirit's disregard for her actions only served to exacerbate Blurm further. Despite being a rather active fighter, they were not one to brutalize someone the way Spirit did.

Usually.

"Yes, because that is clearly more important..." Blurm did not have much motivation to speak to her at the moment. They instead looked past her to glance upon their previously well-established enemies who they now saw as regular people before looking back, reluctantly, at their partner.

"I wish to depart from here," they admitted. "I am exhausted enough from battling..."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:43 am 

"You know... I think my sister would enjoy tormenting you for the strange way you speak, Blurm." She smiles at him and walks to his side. It's almost like she was numb to her own viciousness. Utterly blind to her brutality. She moves next to him quickly and continues to hold her hand. "We should get this patched up perhaps." She says, holding up her blood covered hand. It was dripping off her fingertips at this point.

The girl was obviously no stranger to pain being the fierce competitor she was, but usually loosing blood is a bad thing. Especially if no medical equipment is involved. "I'm getting a bit woozy." She says holding onto her partner's arm. At this point it's obvious her adrenaline has stopped pumping through her body and she's coming back down from her battle frenzy.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:14 am 

[Inactive]

A bit of Blurm's concern-driven rage had died, faded like ancient graves. As such, they did not mind that much when Spirit clasped their stone-hard arm. By stone-hard, it is meant that Blurm's arm was literally made of stone. Some miscellaneous sedimentary rock in particular. Even then, the warmth of her hand was still felt somehow.

"Iam assuming you brought no equipment?" the three-eyed leaf statue... thing asked rhetorically. "I merely brought bandages, though an ointment would be necessary. These are not magic brand, although I thought they were. This is what happens when I am rushed...." Sighing, they continued. I need time to prepare for things like this. Perhaps I was never really the fighting type. "